[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuri On Ice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 62

Jumping on the stupid sports anime bandwagon, I'm putting together a Urie Plystetsky cosplay for the winter. Problem is I have my white skates, and I dont want to dye them black, and I'm unsure about using boot covers (they're normally spandex) would boot.covers be fine? They're used professionally often enough, and with the black skating pants it might look fine. But I dont know. Thoughts ? Ideas?
>>
Go buy some opaque tights and pull them over the skates. Cut a slit on the blade, start small as you don't want the cut to be large enough to slip over the whole thing. Use Frey check or even clear nail polish along the slit. I used to do this with my hockey skates cause hockey skates are ugly.
>>
>>9248824
Are you seriously considering walking around a convention in skates for a cosplay? This seems a bit overkill for a cosplay hardly anyone will recognize.
>>
>>9248824
>Urie Plystetsky
Who?
>>
>>9249041
>people not recognizing the new hot sports anime

this anon is going to be drowning in obnoxious weab girls, what are you talking about? don't wear skates at a con, though. they will probably kick you out.
>>
>>9248824
>Urie
>>
Only use skates if you're actually going skating anon...
(I actually did a shitty Yuri P costest for Halloween and had a great reception so I kinda wanna cosplay him now too.)
>>
>>9249041
Even my normie friends are watching this show. I think you're way underestimating the popularity here.
>>
Also, let's try to get some actual cosplays in here.
>>
File: tumblr_odod0hQZbk1tc7cueo2_500.jpg (83KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odod0hQZbk1tc7cueo2_500.jpg
83KB, 484x750px
Obviously quality is gonna be super variable because of how new. I can already tell though that my peeves for Russian Yuri are going to be visible eye makeup and obvious cosplay wigs in an unnatural blonde hair color. Like, it's clearly a realistic setting with a realistically designed character, you don't have to stylize anything (I'll give more of a pass on both these fronts to Viktor)
>>
File: tumblr_oeo1hz4q6q1ts3729o1_1280.jpg (282KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeo1hz4q6q1ts3729o1_1280.jpg
282KB, 1280x1280px
I really liked the makeup on above post, but the wig bothers me. This Yuri has the opposite issue going on. Without the obvious anime liner I think this person's face would really suit him too.
>>
File: tumblr_oem7gpYLbM1s9fu2to1_1280.jpg (254KB, 948x1265px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oem7gpYLbM1s9fu2to1_1280.jpg
254KB, 948x1265px
I really like this. Hope they do a full cosplay instead of just a low effort costest.
>>
Face doesn't suit Viktor that well but still a well done cosplay.
>>
>>
>>9249041
>>9249264
I've also been considering wearing actual skates. I mean, with skate guards, they're just like clunky platforms. I don't think there are any rules against them?
>>
Costume is really shitty, but apparently they're remaking it and I'm just glad at the lack of obnoxious eyeliner and wig color.
>>
First Mila I've seen and I love this honestly
>>
Ignoring filter, I actually don't know how I feel about this.
>>
Low effort costume? I mean, yeah, but I really love the photo. Dump over. Can't wait for people to actually put together some half decent cosplays of the skating outfits.
>>
I can already tell Victor cosplays are going to a contest of soulless bishonen eyes and steamy glares, which doesn't really suit the character when he's not performing.
>>
>>9249325
This is exactly the reason I want my boyfriend to cosplay him so much. He's taller and bulkier than Viktor but his face is PERFECT for him (and, yknow, actually male)
>>
>>9249316
Her makeup is honestly shit. Everything is so streaky and unblended, even with the filter. The wig is also completely inaccurate. Just because she's going for a FIRST!!!1!1!1 cosplay doesn't make her good.
>>
>>9249307
RIP your feet. That shit ain't comfortable off the ice
>>
>>9249307
Not sure if its worth messing up your blades. Even with guards on it won't be great for them. You can get boots that look close enough to figure skates though which will work just as well and be more comfortable.
>>
>>9249307
just wear a pair of boots that don't look out of place and carry around some skates as if you just came off the ice if you want to feel more authentic. bonus: you have an excuse to carry around a nice big athletic bag in cosplay and not break character.
>>
>>9249321
Here you go
>>
>>9249638
Eww Dragonball.
>>
File: tumblr_nrncmqptZM1t2x2ydo2_500.png (147KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrncmqptZM1t2x2ydo2_500.png
147KB, 500x647px
>>9249654
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 500x155px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 500x155px
>>9249638
>>
I have yet to see a good Yuri Katsuki, even a good hair/makeup test.
Post more skating gays
>>
File: member-berries.jpg (68KB, 869x501px) Image search: [Google]
member-berries.jpg
68KB, 869x501px
>>9249638
>Liking Toei's shitty cash in animated by Filipinos

Lay off the remember berries and let us enjoy new shit
>>
>love this anime to death
>desperately want to cosplay one of the characters, but havent decided on anyone yet
>tfw chub

how fucked am i
>>
>>9249748
Cosplay Yuri from the first episode, he is also chub.
>>
I love this show so far but GOD am I not looking forward to shitty tumblr yaoi fangirls shitty interpretations of the characters. Free cosplayers ruined that show for me when some 16 year old Rin was constantly shouting how much they wanted to suck Haru's dick.

>>9249677
Same anon, alot of the costests just look generic black haired pretty boys. Yuri's face changed alot though, his glasses will be able to hide a meh cosplay. Slicked back ice skater Yuri Im not sure about though. Same with Pichit.

>>9249748
Same anon so Im going to make an ita bag for Yuri. Might cosplay Yuuko maybe as she looks easy to do.
>>
Minami cosplays when
>>
Why so many Russian Yuri cosplays? Does no one else like Japanese Yuri?

>>9249444
This. Don't see why people wouldn't just go this route as it's more authentic. I tried to buy Yuri's mizuno bag to replace my old gym bag but it was sold out on rakuten.
>>
>>9249772
Might be because being white/Russian is a little easier to pull off for white fans of the show, than being white and trying to cosplay a japanese character.
>>
>>9249772
I don't think it's necessarily that Russian Yuri is way more popular, but that Japanese Yuri has designs that are at once too generic and too complicated for such a recent show to have cosplayed. Like, his casual hair and outfits are basic as hell so no one wants to do them, but his actually recognizable skating outfits require pushed back hair (a lace-front wig) and are too complicated to have been put together this quickly.

>>9249314 Is me actually, literally whipped up in two hours for Halloween because my friends are a bunch of weebs. Relevant to above, it was way easier to make a recognizable Russian Yuri than a Japanese one.
>>
>>9249300
it's accurate, but finding a 2014 olympics tracksuit doesn't exactly warrant much skill tbqh...

Well, actually, it might /now/. They were already uncommon to find in non-plus sizes, but I'm sure it's gonna be downright impossible now. I was lucky enough to find an XL jacket that's alterable into a custom size that'll fit me, but I haven't seen anything smaller than a 2XL around since.
>>
File: 1454121470147.jpg (15KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1454121470147.jpg
15KB, 500x333px
>>9249787
>trying to find an XL 2014 Olympic tracksuit
>to cosplay Victor

Im not stopping you anon but i might judge you a little
>>
>>9249801
>an XL jacket that's alterable into a custom size that'll fit me

I'm altering it to make it /smaller/ anon. The point of my post was that you can't find those tracksuits in S,M, or L sizes anymore, only plus sizes that have to be altered to fit proportionally. (Ofc, it's also very difficult to alter a 2 or 3XL into a M or something, especially with the shoulder patches, which is why I was implying that a lot of people trying to do this would be SOL.)
>>
>>9249816
Ah I see, never mind then.
>>
>tfw want to cosplay Russian Yuri in streetwear just to own tacky wardrobe
I need to start working on the backpack soon and just go from there. At least cheetah print creepers are easy enough to find because I don't think I could find tennis shoes that tacky.
>>
>>9250186
Aliexpress already has you covered if you don't wanna search pieces yourself
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/YURI-on-ICE-Plisetsky-Yuri-Custom-Uniform-Jacket-Pant-sports-jersey-uniform-whole-set-Costume/32763506516.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.223.MpuIUT&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10091_10090_10088_10089,searchweb201603_1&btsid=a1cb7a4d-ee4d-43cb-af56-3fd4a547a23e
>>
I can't help but laugh at the cosplay version (instead of the real version) of the olympic 2014 jackets - the edited olympic rings look like the wienerschintzel 'W' logo
>>
>>9249305
Yuri seems to have a lot of hair under that wig
>>
>>9249763
I might do it for Sakura-Con next year, because he's the only character in the show who is my height.
>>
>>9249307
>I mean, with skate guards, they're just like clunky platforms

Child, no. Do not fucking do this. You've obviously never worn skates.
>>
>>9250383
which one? neither of them exude this?
>>
>>9249307
Bad idea, get some sports shoes and just carry around a skate bag or a cheap pair of skates if you don't have your own. They are very different from clunky platforms.
>>
>>9249307
Just get a pair of round-toe granny boots, they look like skates but without the blades.
>>
File: picture for ants.jpg (6KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
picture for ants.jpg
6KB, 225x169px
>>9251159
ooops dropped pic
>>
>>9249397
That's true, but some of the heels I've worn for cos aren't comfortable either.

>>9249425
Does wearing it off ice mess up the blades? Do you have source for that? I've never heard of it.

>>9249444
That sounds like a good idea.

>>9250951
>>9251153
They are though... I don't find them difficult to navigate in more than heels, except for maybe narrow stairs or something.

>>9251159
>>9251160
Yeah, that could be a solution if you're going for a skating costume and don't want cause a disconnect by wearing sneakers.
>>
>>9250952
are you blind?
>>
>>9249748
If you don't do >>9249751 then really fucked.
>>
>wanna cosplay phichit.
>mfw taobao only selling Viktor, Yuri and Yurio uniforms.

How can I get a uniform that can wear casual and not only for cosplay?
>>
>wasn't in to Yuri and Viktor at first
>see the hot springs competition episode
>fucking sold

How much more blatant do you have to be to make this officially yaoi? I'm officially on board for cosplay and I'm not even doing either one of them.
>>
I'm already pissed by the sheer amount of cringe cosplays/fat girls licking each others faces this will produce.
The show is amazing though.
>>
>>9251407
Want to be properly pissed off? She's using Christmas ornaments for the Eros outfit.
>>
>>9251403
Personally I really like how much the show balances their relationship with the skating and actual competition. The most recent episode was PACKED with skating routines, but still made time to develop Victor and Yuri more. So I guess I'd like to be optimistic and say that it's not really a typical yaoi/BL anime that is all about love, it's a story about a character growing and maturing in a sport he's dedicated his life to, and he just happens to find a boyfriend along the way.
>>
>>9251420
Disgusting. I have some experience sewing with spandex so personally I can't wait to make one of the costumes. They're all so extra and I love it.
>>
>>9251525
Yeah I do love that it's not like Free! where it's all this stuff and then a tiny bit of actual swimming.
Also if anyone is cosplaying Russian Yuri/Yurio there's a wig for sale up for $9.99 with maybe two left? I found a good wig on Taobao but it was $9 without shipping and all that so I thought I'd go on a limb for this one.

>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuri-on-Ice-Plisetsky-Yuri-Light-Blonde-Blond-Short-Straight-Cosplay-Full-Wig-/252630176698
>>
>>9251525
oh my god someone gets it, bless you anon. The yaoi fangirls have been screeching over this anime and only picking out the choice parts to scream YAOIIII LUVVERSSS whilst ignoring the main part of this show, the ice skating. Seen some comments along the lines of "skating and ballet is so gay, it fits perfectly XDDDDDD" and had a mini barf.
The show so far has been great and the relationship between Yuri and Victor I have been loving along with Phichit and the ketchup kid. The one who is pure yaoi parody is Chris, holy fucking shit.
>>
>>9251534
>The yaoi fangirls have been screeching over this anime and only picking out the choice parts to scream YAOIIII LUVVERSSS whilst ignoring the main part of this show, the ice skating.

Is this your first sports anime, anon?
>>
>>9251534
Different anon but this is pretty par the course but I'm ignoring the fandom on Tumblr for a reason. They've already ruined one of my cosplays for me so I'm keeping low so I don't hate my Yurio tacky gear before I even get it.

>tfw waiting for someone to make his jacket really well
I'll just sit here and shop for cheetah print luggage covers until then. I'm going to shamelessly drag my suitcase around with me and just keep all my con purchases in it and it'll double as a seat.
>>
>>9251551
No but I took a long break from it all after Free, the fandom to that ruined the characters for me. I'm trying to not let that happen this time, I love Yuri and the fluffyness and seriousness blend of this show. It's ridiculous but it's having fun with it and the irl ice skating community is loving it which makes me so happy, reminds me of early days of Free.
>>
>>9251567
From someone who was into Free!! and had that same feeling, just ignore the fandom for as long as possible until the fandom dies down. If you want art/fic, go to /cm/ or /y/ and hope for the best.
That's what I'm doing until I can cosplay during summer semester since I've already had a costume fully bought and then fandom bullshit killed any interest I had 3-4 months before the con I was going to wear it at.
>>
File: IMG_2076.jpg (268KB, 1195x1354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2076.jpg
268KB, 1195x1354px
Selfposting because i'm pretty damn proud of my tiger shirt. Fixed the perspective and vectored it from scratch. Working on the main leopard print jacket and waiting on my bag and shoes. I'm even going to make his phone case. I already have that drawn and vectored too. It's going to be awesome not having to hide my phone in pictures.
>>
>>9251620
Wow, that's super cool, anon!! Gr9 job
>>
>>9251325
Wait a month or two. He's only been in a couple episodes so far, stores aren't going to manufacture costumes for a character they aren't sure is going to be popular to cosplay.
>>
>>9251620
Great job anon! Did you find it to be a difficult job or was it just sort of time consuming? I want to do the same Yuri outfit but the idea of making the tiger has put me off a bit.
>>
>>9251634
>>9251716
thanks! I work in the media industry so i'm used to drawing and making stuff. it's definitely more time consuming than anything. Just found out today that there's an official sweatshirt being released next year feb but it's 5000yen and waaaay too out of my budget
>>
>>9251620
Damn, you beat me to it!
I love doing these kinds of graphic T-Shirt cosplays because I'm not great at sewing, but at least I can vector shit.

Yours looks really excellent, though!
>>
What the fuck is that nose? Photoshop?
>>
Any tips on making Victor's pink ice skating costume?
I keep debating whether to just make it sheer and risk having the ornaments be too heavy for the fabric (making it droopy or so) or to line it with something a little sturdier and lose the sheerness of it. Can't seem to find a fabric that balances both.

I got a sample of a really pretty, fully sparkly organza to test dying methods but I'm afraid it's too light in weight. Could I get away just making it double layered?
Also worrying over hemming, I'm not fond of the top stitching look for something like this but I'm also worried about the piece looking somewhat "baggy" if I line it (with the same sparkly fabric).
Not sure I'm making any sense, I just keep stressing about everything because I don't want to fuck this up and making it look sloppy.
>>
>>9251875

The sparkles are under the sheer layer, not on it.
>>
>>9251866
That nose looks like the scream mask.
>>
>>9251171
Walking with ice skates =/= walking in chunky platforms, like it's not anything like walking in any sort of heels. To me it's like feeling like I'm gonna tip over because my whole body is balancing on two thin edges, it's asking to fall and twist and ankle and after a couple minutes it starts to feel like hell on the middle of your foot. I can't picture anyone doing it for more than 10 minutes, even with skate guards. Which doesn't even get into running the risk of damaging the skates. You;d know all this if you'd ever put a pair of skates on.
>>
>>9251171
Look at all of those people telling you no.
Look at all the ways your weaseling out of it.

jfc it's going to be like princess tutu and pointe shoes all over again.
>>
>>9251912
Bullshit, clean skate guards protect your blades, they won't damage them. As for walking in skates, It's very easy if you have good balance, I would suggest practicing walking in them ton see how your body responds.
>>
>>9251944
dude, GOOD skate guards are so ugly that by that point you might just use shoes and carry around your skates for photoshoots.
>>
>>9251171
Have you ever...skated before? Your responses are of one who has no clue what a skate is. Let alone how to walk in them, wear them, and take care of what can be an expensive sport gear.

Why are cosplayers so retarded. Just do a shoot if you want accuracy but no one wears skates off the ice.
>>
>>9251989
but anon, they went to the public ice rink once with their family for christmas!
obviously their experience with rental skates is enough to give them a clear understanding on the subject! they obviously know as much as competitive skaters with their experience!
>>
>>9251912
>To me it's like feeling like I'm gonna tip over because my whole body is balancing on two thin edges
Isn't that just because you can't balance yourself on skates? The edges aren't that thin, especially with skate guards on.

>>9251941
I would be against it if would damage the skates, but I haven't found anything except one anon saying it would do so.

>>9251985
The plastic ones I have are translucent. I don't know what kind of skate guards you've seen.

>>9251989
>>9251994
I've been skating since I was a kid. They're not as difficult to walk in as you're making them out to be. Like yes, it's uncomfortable, but you're not going to topple over with the breeze.
>>
>>9251944
You're just asking for horrible leg and foot pain though. Unless your hotel is attached to the convention center and you only plan to be out for a few hours it's going to be hell.

Wearing new shoes that have never been broken in is rough enough. Skates will be much worse if they aren't skates you've worn and skated in every week for the last several months.
>>
Holy sucking shit, why are we even arguing about this? Do you think ANY con is going to let some dumbass in with ACTUAL BLADES on their feet, even if they have plastic guards on? Thats like someone with a real gun walking up to a con and saying "Oh, but the safety is on" or "Oh, it's not loaded". There's no way in hell you'd get in, not to mention the horrible leg and foot pain that some anons have mentioned. And your slow ass lagging behind your friends after youve been walking in skates for more than 2 hours.

If you want to get pictures with skates on go to an ice rink. As long as you're courteous and safe none of the staff will give a fuck if youre wearing a wig and a sparkly costume.
>>
>>9251985
???what are you even talking about, there are so many nice looking skate guard options.

>>9252020
Coming from an actual skater I'm so accustomed to leg and foot pain that I would be fine. But totally, If you are walking or skating in skates that aren't broken in, pain and bruising can be expected.
>>
>>9252023
This. Con security is not letting you in with blades, it doesn't matter if they are for a sport or if they are only conditionally dangerous. Stop being dumb, you are going to get your skates confiscated.
>>
File: chara1Image.png (161KB, 310x850px) Image search: [Google]
chara1Image.png
161KB, 310x850px
Has anyone been able to find Yuri's jacket or anything similar? Patches or not, mostly just looking for the right shade of blue with the black under arm/side panels.
>>
>>9252074

Google the brand. It's on both the jacket and pants. It's a real sportswear brand and everything he's wearing is an actual product.
>>
>>9252074
Alternatively, cosplay shops are already selling knock offs.
>>
>>9252101
Oh thank you! I just assumed it was a made up brand for the show.

>>9252110
Thank you as well. If I can't find the actual one, this might have to do, haha
>>
>>9252134
>not recognizing Mizuno
>>
>>9251898
So the sparkles are on the shirt layer instead of the jacket?
>>
>>9252174
A blogger I follow did comparisons of the original fashion designers sketches with the finalized animation designs, might be some useful breakdowns/info in here if you're interested:
> http://19.04se.cc/2016/10/some-notes-on-yuri-on-ices-costumes/
>>
File: yuriluggage.png (659KB, 469x540px) Image search: [Google]
yuriluggage.png
659KB, 469x540px
>family Christmas shopping event
>didn't think I'd find anything
>find pants for Yuri P. and muthafuking suitcase

It's twice as big as the one Yuri has but I needed a new suitcase anyway. Just need his sweatshirt, jacket, backpack, and shoes.
>>
Hey guys, competitive figure skater here. Would it be wrong if I learned one of the programs from the show and filmed it in cosplay?
Also if you guys have any questions regarding skates, skatewear,materials, or skating in general I'd be happy to help.
((Ps skate guards don't damage your blades, they're put on so they don't damage them. Rockerz guards make it easy to walk in. And walking in them is like a piece of cake after practice, I've run laps in mine off ice.))
>>
>>9252364
Anon, if you did you'd be a cosplay celebrity because I doubt anyone else will have done it.

Just don't encourage people to be dumb and walk around cons in skate guards. Like 99.9% of cons have rules against live steel of every kind and skate blades count towards that. They won't even let you wear roller blades back when that skating anime was big.
>>
>>9252382
>>9252064
>>9252023
Oh yeah, that's true. I didn't think of the skates' blades as being... well, blades. I checked my local venue's policies and skates were nowhere in there (though roller skates were), but yeah, good point. I doubt cons would allow the steel, and I'm horrified when I think of a someone getting cut because of messing around with their skate guards.

Still keeping to the point that skates aren't hard to walk around in though. And you won't be much slower than you would be in heels or in a clunky costume.
>>
>>9252179
This shit right here is why I come to /cgl/
Big thanks, senpai
>>
>>9251534
NGL I'm thoroughly enjoying both parts.

It's way more homoerotic than free ever was, which I'm okay with, but the skating is REALLY nice. I hope that future gay sports anime's take cues from it.

I feel like its still a step behind Haikyuu, though, because the characters aren't as believable as 'real' people, if that makes sense? Like... The flaws that the kids in Haikyuu have seem more like real people flaws than "I'm such a gay virgin I can't think of anything I love more than my sexy male coach and katsudon even though I'm in my twenties."

It was funny, but its not real enough for what is essentially a slice of life for sports people IMO
>>
>>9252425
They definitely won't allow skates because of the steel.
A couple years back I asked a big convention about carrying (not wearing) my skates with the guards zip-tied onto the blade as a prop for a different cosplay, and they refused because even with the guards on, the metal was still exposed. It's basically the same rules as any live steel sword.

>>9252364
I'd love to see a cosplayer skate to one of the programs. We need more skaters who cosplay. What skating level are you at?
>>
File: 1392598874206.jpg (55KB, 584x337px) Image search: [Google]
1392598874206.jpg
55KB, 584x337px
Curling anime when?
>>
>>9252553
>because the characters aren't as believable as 'real' people, if that makes sense?
They're not supposed to be, if you read any recent interviews with the show staff they're more or less making it into the female equivalent of an ecchi anime.
>>
>>9252643
Different anon but I gotta know more. Any translated interviews or even tl;dr versions?
>>
>>9252651
Check the Yoi threads on /a/
>>
>>9252651
Start here and then the translator added a bit more in the currently active thread.
>>>/a/149654458

Obviously it's not Keijo rocket-ass tier fanservice but they are exaggerating the personalities/actions of the characters a bit because it's anime and they want to have fun with it.
>>
>>9252663
>>9252665
Thanks! I forget /a/ even exists most of the time after Tiger&Bunny ended.
>>
Sadly these are the kind of Yuri on Ice cosplayers we will always see at conventions. Tfw none will really look like or take the effort to look like >>9249268 >>9249277 >>9249282 >>9249290 >>9249300 >>9249305 >>9249320 >>9249321 at conventions and it makes me depressed.
>>
>>9252769
Oh that's.. oh god. I mean I got my Yurio pants from a mall shop but at least they're appropriately fitted. Not going to even touch on body shape since he was pretty pudgy in the first episode.

>all my rage for the store pants crumbled and tossed on floor
>>
>>9252769
>>9252782
I'm more creeped out by how her legs are buckling outwards/inwards horizontally at the knee.
>>
>>9252364
aww man that'd be awesome, i wana put together a routine to go with the opening and film it but my rink doesn't allow you to film in it rip
>>
>>9253080
Could you ask to use it privately to film a routine before/after operating hours? Or just sneak in a gopro or something and have someone stand in a good spot to film it with the camera hidden.
>>
>>9253086
i could ask but the rink is mainly for curling rn so its barely open to use due to the ice constantly being prepped, gonna try ask the head person about it though cause friday mornings are literally dead so fingers crossed ( i've had the rink to myself a fair few times its so great)
>>
>>9253066
That's obesity for you, it completely messes up your knees like that, and she will 100% be having knee problems, even if she lost weight.
>>
>>9252769
I mean...at least there's a canonically chubby character mode but he's not THAT’S big. And his outfit is so non description they'll just look like more fakeboi try hards at cons
>>
>>9252769
It's just fat Yuri at the start lmao
>>
File: 1476996547633.jpg (106KB, 1045x602px) Image search: [Google]
1476996547633.jpg
106KB, 1045x602px
>>9252769
good lord it begins
>>
File: IMG_2147.jpg (225KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2147.jpg
225KB, 750x1334px
>>9252769
>>
>>9253180
Nothing in this looks anything like Yuuri except for maybe the brown eyes. That's it.
>>
Is anyone planning on attempting Georgi's ridiculous witch outfit or is he not gay enough to warrant attention from cosplayers?
>>
>>9249290
maybe when they stop tryin'a tape their eyes to the point where they'll get crows feet within the next year
>>
>>9252134
How do you not know mizuno?
>>
File: 20161113_011748.png (2MB, 1439x1456px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_011748.png
2MB, 1439x1456px
OoOooHH girl
>>
>>9253180
Looks like teen Spock.
>>
>>9253365
I'll let you know when I finish episode six. I'm behind on watching.
>>
File: TinyDotFabric.jpg (325KB, 1000x943px) Image search: [Google]
TinyDotFabric.jpg
325KB, 1000x943px
>>9251420
Wait, the right arm fabric is mesh? By the way they were animating it I thought it was more like pic related
>>
File: 00008545.jpg (119KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
00008545.jpg
119KB, 800x590px
>>9254029
http://19.04se.cc/2016/10/some-notes-on-yuri-on-ices-costumes/

Nope it's mesh/fishnet. It's just weird to animate unless it's got big holes. Yurio's Agape outfit has mesh as well but it didn't translate well due to the color so they had to outline it so it looks like sequins as well.
>>
>>9253612
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be putting Georgi's Derelicte On Ice outfit on my list anon. I really like a lot of the performance outfits so far, so it's more of a matter of when, not if, for me.
>>
>>9252613
Thanks! I'm highly considering it.
I'm landing my doubles up until double lutz, and I can do almost any spin except a biellman and 180, because flexibility back problems. I'm actually pretty good, I'm working on my intermediate program!
I can do most of the spins and the double versions of the jumps of the show.
Though I'm sure no one would care if they like YOI because they can't tell the difference between a salchow and a toe loop
>>9253080 aw rip! If I may ask, what's your location and level? If someone was remotely near me i would love to do real skating in YOI cosplay.
>>
>>9249307
They're not going to let you. It's a hazard to yourself and the other attendees. Even with guards, you have a live blade on them. Metal "weapons" aren't allowed at cons. Save the actual skates for ice rink photoshoots
>>
>>9249759
hate to break it to you anon, but it's already been polluted by A/B/O garbage
>>
>>9252621
Lesbian baton anime when?

Cardcaptor Sakura wasn't good enough.
>But she is why i joined twirling
>>
>>9254758
>joined twirling
Hello fellow ex?-twirler! I took it as a small child along with dance and ballet so obviously I didn't appreciate it or stick with any of it and now regret it.
I can still twirl a bit though, thankfully.

>someone please make an anime like this we can relate to
Just some awesome sport MC wants to get into (maybe to be with a crush who's into it?) but they're far too old to start at the beginning because it's something kids do young so they have to take lessons from the cute love interest who runs local teaching facility for it. Love Interest is a total sweetie who's great with kids and offers to teach MC after hours so he doesn't have to practice alongside his little child-aged students.

I'll shut up now before this runs away from me.
>>
>>9254758
t b h, I was so pissed when I found out Yuri on Ice wasn't some pet-name for a lesbian ice skating anime. it's still good, but I feel lied to...

>lesbian glitter sports anime when
>>
>>9254991
>lesbian skating anime with Haruka Tenoh tier tomboy when
Just the thought alone has my heart going dokidoki.
>>
>>9255008
>this would be so hot
>christ
I demand a refund
>>
Who wants some cringe?
https://youtu.be/GJv-LdR4HVM
>>
>>9255070
It's cringe but also makes me nostalgic. It could be worse, At least the entire cast aren't landwhales, y'know?
>>
>>9255070
>mfw my thighs almost look like Yurio's
Well, time to work out before cosplay season.
>>
>>9254146
Anon, I'm in intermediate too! Though I think I'm a little lower leveled than you since I'm working on my double jumps but they're not consistent. I do have a biellmann but my best spin is an "I" spin. I never head of a 180 spin though what kind of spin is that?

Also not the anon you were asking but I was also thinking about cosplaying one of the characters and film myself doing a move or two. I just can't decide who I'd like to cosplay from the series so far.
>>
>>9255279
*Heard

>sage for autocorrect spelling
>>
>>9254146
i really wish i had yoi cosplayers to skate with, and im uk based i don't know what level id be elsewhere but in the uk skate program i'm about silver so just started my single salchow and correct entry into 1 foot spins
>>
>>9255279
Oh it's an I spin! I just have a bad habit of calling it a 180 because when you don't spin that's what it's called, haha. If you're in the New England area we can do it together!!
>>9255338 nice anon! It sounds like you're just getting to the hard stuff, keep going!
>>
>>9254758
>>9254965
I think there was a baton twirling anime but it was aimed at the awesome dual audience of ten year old girls and thirty year old paedophiles meaning that no one outside those demographics enjoyed it at all.
>>
>>9255352
Ahh ok I was assuming it was either an I spin or an illusion.
It sucks I'm on the west coast but I look forwards to your video! Do you know who you're planning on cosplaying?

>>9255338
I think that's equivalent to Freestyle 2 or 3, but don't worry Anon. As the series gets more popular I'm sure more YOI cosplayers who are also skaters will appear.
>>
>>9255437
Hopefully it'll get non-skaters into skating as well. The closest I ever got was rollerblading because as a kid I was huge into The Mighty Ducks but we didn't have an ice rink. Now we still don't have a rink and the closest one is about an hour away? I'm still tempted to go just to try it out for cosplay photos though since I've always wanted to ice skate at least once and I'm used to rollerblading.
>>
>>9255008
>Sequel series "Yaoi on Ice"
>Stubborn cute Japanese skater girl Kurikana Yayoi
>Meets striking, blonde, boyish American skater Katie Thompson
>American can't pronouce her name right and keeps calling her "Yaoi"
>>
>>9255454
Do it anon! Even if you just try it out for photos you won't regret it.
>>
>>9255480
Fuck I need this in my life.

>>9255483
Will do! I've got a con in roughly six months in the same city as the nearest ice rink so at the very least I can Uber over for a few hours for selfie photos and use the series' Instagram format for it.
>>
>>9255437
I have no idea! I might just do Yuri from the first episode doing Viktor's program, because I basically have that in my clothes for skating already and I can do most of the elements or similar elements!
Tbh I'm only on the first episode because I've been procrastinating... But if you have any suggestions for programs and stuff and who to be please let me know!
>>
>>9255752
Omg give it the same title and description as the video in the show and don't add anything else. It would be beautiful
>>
File: BaoziHana on Twitter.jpg (66KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
BaoziHana on Twitter.jpg
66KB, 900x600px
>>
>>9255940
victor's liquid eyeliner is distracting :c
>>
>>9254965
Eeey twirl anon

I was in it from 6th grade until I graduated, and I just joined a senior team for adults, so I'm still competing. I had to fight with my mom to let me join, I'd wanted to take lessons instead of gymnastics when I was 3-12 but she wouldn't let me. Then her friend had a kid on the competition team so I finally got to join...

But we actually had a girl join in 9th grade, which is very late (usually people started no later than 6th for competitions) and she did exactly what you describe, only... it was her sister on the team, not a love interest. It could make a very cute story!

Saging for not being Gays on Ice related.
>>
>>9256247
Wow, I didn't know there was a senior team. Around here's it's all kid-catered and the only adult sports groups I know of are the gardening and rowing clubs downtown.

And to be on topic, it says the series ends December 22nd? I'm not ready for this.
>>
>>9256306
Depends where you live. Around here we have Tournament of Bands competitions, which has categories for adult teams to compete. They function in the mid-adlantic, but they're not around in every school, and senior teams seem to be a bit rare. There's only us, two color guards, and a single dance team that are senior in my region, while there are like... 40+ other teams involved. It's mostly for younger people, but occasionally alumni will come together to make a new team.

There's also another competition circuit in the area but it's way more hardcore, it's the one they show on that shitty TLC show Dance Moms. Never got involved with that.

saging again, but to be relevant,

I'm also not prepared for this to end. i'm guessing there won't be a second season, since Yuri is getting kind of old, and they keep hinting around that he doesn't have much time left to compete. But they could surprise us, I guess.

Think we'll get figmas any time soon? I'd love a fat Yuri nendo.

Watching this show also brings out a desire to go ice skating, though I've never been. Is it difficult? I'm pretty good on rollerskates, but i'd assume it's at least somewhat more difficult.
>>
>>9256358
I saw a prototype of Yurio being made but have forgotten where I saw it.

Here's the list of merch currently available though: http://yurionice.com/goods/
I really like the neck warmer.
>>
>>9255070
Man even if it's cringe, I don't think I could hate fightingdreamerspro. Reminds me of the things I actually wanted to do when I started cosplay and I liked their Christmas cosplay videos back in the day.
>>
got my tracksuit/pants for victor in the mail. The XL looks really easy to take in, as it's not lined, and most of the seams are just serged. If anyone's interested in seeing the inside construction for their own altering needs, I can take a pic before I start altering mine?
>>
>>9254044
>http://19.04se.cc/2016/10/some-notes-on-yuri-on-ices-costumes/
Thank you for the link anon! It's very helpful
>>
>>9256851
Please do!
>>
>>9256891
Aite! Expect a pic when I get home from work in like 6 hours
>>
>>9252007
I can't wait for you to end up in a cringe thread
>>
>>9258033
You're awfully late on being salty, anon.
>>
File: TimeFotASalt.jpg (74KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
TimeFotASalt.jpg
74KB, 418x455px
>>9258092
It's never too late for salt.
>>
i can't believe "don't wear actual skates to a con" is debatable... they're sharp, they're dangerous and they have no place at a convention; all it takes is a single slip for you to injure another person, baka
>>
>>9258154
>a single slip for you to injure another person
What are skate guards?
>>
>>9258154
>>9258160
Different anon but I am a con staffer and skate guards or not, you're either not going to get past prop check or you're going to get flagged down super quick for wearing them and asked to remove them and take them out. Live steel is not permitted in just about every American con (can't speak for other countries) and that includes wearing it on your feet with or without guards.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Here's a close up on the underarm/sleeve area (the area that I'll be taking in on mine.) You can see that it's a quick serge up the side to take in this way. I have one more pic of the seams where the top of the sleeve meets the shoulder.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9258282
Here's a close up of the shoulder, in case someone wanted to try taking in the sleeves this way. (I wouldn't recommend it, given the placement of the patches, but hey, maybe someone can get creative)
>>
>>9258282
>>9258285
Thanks for the pics!
>>
>>9252425

A lot of con policy makers don't keep up on cosplay trends, so nobody has thought to include skates in their rules yet, but just wait. The con I work for has gotten a bunch of asks about it and we're adding skates to the live steel ban for this year, most likely other cons will do the same once they realize
>>
>>9255338
I'm Uk based! I finished Skate UK and was working towards NISA 1, but I had to stop 2 years ago due to money issues. Now my issue is being able to skate around work, but hopefully i;ll be able to pick it up again soon, cause I really miss it.

It's a pricey hobby ;a; I got discounts and free skating at the time though because I worked at the ice rink during that time!

The thing with Yuri gettng too old is kinda silly, as he's 23 and in the most recent ep they had both a 27 year old and a 25 year old skater. So maybe there is hope for a 2nd season if it gets popular!
>>
>>9255070
This is... so bad. Why would they want to ruin YoI already.
>mfw victor's voice, such nightmare fuel

Also Yuri must be from ep 1 cuz holy shit so round.
>>
>>9258687
I'm really hoping this isn't a rule I need to add at the con I staff at. It feels like common sense. Do not strap knives to your feet and walk around where people aren't expecting them. Think most of the crazies will be weeded out by next June, or should I pre-empt?
>>
>>9258803
I think it will be popular enough that we will get a new season or movie around the next winter olympics.

Sorta related but Free! better have something for the 2020 Tokyo olympics
>>
>>9258938
>>9258687
Someone wanting to cosplay Junkrat asked us if they could bring an actual car tire into the con as a prop so don't assume common sense is there. Put skates on your list ASAP. I need to bring it up to my department head as well.
>>
>>9249307
I don't think bringing skates to a con would even be allowed since they can cut someones throat open. Most cons have rules against weapons and that include things that can be used as such even if skates aren't typically used as such.
>>
>>9258984
B-but the skateguards, anon! Skateguards!
>>
File: ice skaters are cuties.png (336KB, 577x575px) Image search: [Google]
ice skaters are cuties.png
336KB, 577x575px
Actual figure skaters getting into Yuri on Ice is the cutest thing.
>>
>>9259005
>you don't understand, con security, this sword is in a /sheath/. it can't possibly hurt anyone this way. that's silly

why do I have a feeling that's a real argument con security has to deal with
>>
>>9258160
let me just bring in my live steel sword, I have a sheath.
>>
>>9259100
It is and it will be when idiots like the anon earlier tried to argue that a bit of plastic over their skate blades means they're 100% alright to have at a con.

>>9259085
She is the cutest little fujoshit.
>>
>>9259100
Oh, it is.
>>
>>9259103
I feel like anyone who tries to argue in favor of wearing skates at a convention/gathering that isn't on ice needs to be shown the Clint Malarchuk accident. That'll shut them up right quick I imagine.
>>
>>9259085
>>9259103

In case you hadn't seen, she also did a sailor moon routine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSkWZlNRd0U
>>
>>9259115
I have! I hope she manages to work something YoI into a routine some day.
>>
>confirmed to cosplay YoI in five months
>already a bit too tall for character
>definitely too chubby for him
>I'll work out!
>sitting here rewatching episodes and eating discount Halloween candy

I'm so screwed. I need to start jogging or something but damn it's cold outside.
>>
>>9259122
Same, that would be great! With how much she is posting about it on twitter i'm quite hopeful haha
>>
>>9259114
Anyone who skates has probably heard of it. It was only of my biggest fears when I was little lol. Still, people here are making out skates to be more dangerous than they are. I agree with not bringing skates to cons in the possibility of an incident with the blade, but how do you people even manage to skate if you're afraid of all the live steel on the rink? It would take some deliberate planning or very gross negligence for these accidents to happen.
>>
>>9259161
Skates at a rink are expected, and generally rinks are never as crowded as convention floors are. The danger being talked about here isn't just skates existing, it's people with little to no experience wearing them in an overcrowded environment where most people seem to forget basic safety and decency rules. The number of people injured doing stupid shit at cons is one thing, add people trying to balance on skates makes the potential for injury much worse.
>>
>>9259161
It's not that I think Skates are all THAT dangerous, it's just that I think the kind of person to wear skates to a con is the kind of person to worry about accidents from gross negligence from.
>>
>>9259161
Basically what >>9259169 and >>9259171 said. It's not hard to imagine some dumb weeb attempt to tackle another YOI cosplayer to hug them or something, especially given the demographic the series has attracted. Add in skates and yikes.
>>
I get that the characters wear ice skates, but I just can't for the life of me understand why someone would want there to be pics of themselves wearing skates but not on the ice. From an image capturing standpoint, why would any of these characters have their skates on in a hallway? It doesn't look like ice, there's no suspension of disbelief here, it doesn't visually make sense. Why would any of the YOI characters try to skate on fucking carpet or tile. Safety aside, it's just going to look incredibly stupid.
>>
>>9259085
I can't believe a record-holding world champion figure skater is a fujoshit. Her twitter makes me so happy, did you see that at her most recent competition the Japanese team brought some YoI merch for her?
>>
>>9259124
if Piggy can do it, so can you!
>>
>>9259281
It could be the character going away or to the rink. Wearing figure skating outfits (without a jacket over it) with running shoes looks pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>9259311
You can always have them on tied and draping on your shoulders. That's more realistic for "traveling".
>>
>>9259340
Or for more realistic look, get a skate bag. Don't even need to have the skates in them. Use it to store your phone and wallet and still look in character
>>
>>9259340
I meant the distance between the change room and the rink. The thing with having running shoes on is that it'll look off unless you have a jacket over you/wearing their non-skating outfits. People don't go running around in their skating outfits, just like how people usually don't go running around in their unguarded skates.
>>
>>9259413
Then get some nice black leather shoes or something no one said they had to be grubby tennis shoes.
>>
I imagine the biggest hazard would be people trying to hold a pose in skates on a con floor. Poses that aren't usually meant to be static. I'm already imagining all the hambeasts who haven't stretched a day in their life trying to hold spiral and their leg isn't even 45 degrees off the ground.
>>
>>9259434
such a shame too, cus the characters have strong enough personalities that you can take pose cues from that instead of trying to awkwardly look like you're in the middle of performing a routine. (and if you really want to pose like that (like if you're in a performance outfit or smth), I think a smarter choice would be to strike the pose your character takes at the /end/ of his routine.)
>>
>>9259431
I meant the shoes they wear in the show. The boots some anon suggested above would be a good fit too.
>>
>>9259300
>Japanese team brought some YoL merch for her
Oh god please provide caps!
>>
File: 2065633.png (129KB, 512x283px) Image search: [Google]
2065633.png
129KB, 512x283px
>>9259311
>>9259340
>>9259367
Has no one seriously thought of just getting black boots that have a similar shape to those used on skates? All you have to do is search for a similar style and just wear them.
>>
>>9259582
nah, anon. im pretty sure "muh skateguard" anons don't actually care what looks good or makes sense for a con, they just want to show off on 4chan that they ice skate
>>
>>9259582
This is gonna be the best way to go imo
>>
>>9251620
you could probably put this up on one of those tshirt print selling sites and make a bit of cash, Anon.
>>
>>9259614

>show off that they ice skate

Is that a big deal in murrica? Its literally something you can learn in 30 minutes.
>>
>>9259652
it's not, but some people get very proud of themselves whe they are in the know about something. all of these posts scream "look at me I went ice skating once!" and not actual conversations about what it makes sense to do in a con environment
>>
Ok so some friends want me to join them as Minami since I'm shirt. I've always been against crossplaying since I have bust of 88cm and hips of 97cm so I'd never pass as a boy. Minami is still slightly more curvy than say Yuuri.

The boobs I can bind but hiw do I pass my curvy hips as 17 year old boy hips
>>
>>9259954
>bust of 88cm
Okay I'm 10cm bigger than you and it's definitely easy to flatten your chest. Get a good binder from Underworks or if you wanna go budget, get a tight sports bra and a cheap eBay binder to go over that. You won't get the same level of flat but if you're only doing this once, no sense in investing in a good binder.

The hips though.. try spanx or any shaping shorts you can buy at places like Walmart.
>>
>>9259954
I have pretty much the same measurements as you (89 bust, 96 butt) and manage fine, you can do it anon.
>>9259975 good advice here. Also keep in mind that posing can help a lot as well. I cosplay in cycling jerseys (which are really body fitting) and with binding and just being a bit more mindful about the way I pose for photos, I can pass okay. Avoid posing facing the camera directly so you don't show hip width in full bloom, don't pose with your legs closed together, angle your torso a bit, etc.
Obviously won't achieve a 17 year old boy's hips but it'll help your overall sillouette appear less "feminine".
Go for it and have fun, anon.
>>
>>9259975
>>9259985
Thank you both. I'm glad Minamis outfit are more loose than the others, makes it a lot easier
>>
>>9259582
Someone already suggested this.
>>
>>9252364
Ex-competitive figure skater here getting back into competiting. I'm debating on skating to Eros or Yuri's freeskate and having a dress custom made to look like both.

Question to actual figure skaters: are you eyeing every element that they do in their programs? Like last episode when the announcers said they were doing a single loop, it was actually a half loop instead?
>>
File: CxjlLC6UoAAr7BY.jpg (108KB, 893x1189px) Image search: [Google]
CxjlLC6UoAAr7BY.jpg
108KB, 893x1189px
>>
>>9260535
Oh god it's so over the top and shooped but at the same time some how perfect??
>>
>>9260616
it's so fantastically in character
>>
>>9251989
i'm cringing so hard at the idea of gingerly balancing on skates all day at a con. Just do a photoshoot at an ice rink.
>>
>>9249394
she's really cute tho chill.
>>
>>9260740
lol nice try
>>
>>9260740
no she's not, and it doesn't change the fact that her makeup is shit
>>
>>9260535
I love this way too much
>>
>>9260739
You've obviously never skated before.
>>
>>9260739
You've never skated have you? It's just like walking, I can run in my ice skates on regular ground. Yeah, might be a bit hard on slick tile, but, it's very simple

Finally, I am thankful for the ice skating lessons I took as a child
>>
File: viktor.jpg (73KB, 959x959px) Image search: [Google]
viktor.jpg
73KB, 959x959px
I really love Twin Fools since she became he years ago. The end result made for such a good bone structure for cosplay.
>>
>>9259115
OMG IM CRYING! This is so fucking cute!! I love it so much!
>>
>>9261338
Thats why he's perfect for a lot of male characters.
>>
>>9261333
Still looks very girly.
>>
>>9261343
That's fine for animu characters though.
>>
File: V0Hk0Zh.jpg (49KB, 951x532px) Image search: [Google]
V0Hk0Zh.jpg
49KB, 951x532px
>>9261343
Looks pretty accurate to me,
>>
>>9261333
the cartoony contact lens really throws it off for me :c I wish he had gone with a more natural looking light blue; I feel like it would flow with the rest of the look better tbqh
>>
>>9261435
I think the filter he threw on it makes it contrast more.
>>
>>9261333
Maybe it' the lighting but it looks like he caked on the makeup that's already too dark so it doesn't look much like Victor at all. A+ facial structure though.
>>
>>9261463
i'm kinda super jealous of that facial structure :c I wish I could look even half as androgynous...
>>
>>9261807
A lot of it is probably contouring. I'm pretty androgynous to regular people going plain face but if I put on regular makeup I get no confusion. That said, with other cosplayers who are used to it I don't get confused for a male at all.
>>
>>9261807
Just learn how to apply masculine-style/accentuating makeup. You don't need to become transgender to get good at crossplay.
>>
>>9261840
I'm also trans, anon; can't say i was blessed by the aesthetic hormone fairy like twinfools tho.
>>
trying to help my friend find a good wig for Yurio; she's looking for one with good movement to it, so she's not too keen on an arda wig; does anyone else have some good suggestions? Has anyone tried any of the ebay character wigs yet?
>>
File: IMG_3756.jpg (66KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3756.jpg
66KB, 1000x600px
Any good wig recommendations for young Viktor?
>>
>>9262386
I'm >>9251531 and currently waiting for it to be delivered so I can do a review when it gets here if you want? It left TianJin on the 17th so unless the Christmas rush starts early it should be here by the first or second week of December.

>>9262459
I'd probably go with an established wig site for this one just because you'll want a lace front for the hairline. Or, if you don't intend to cosplay him soon, keep an eye on Taobao since in a month or two they'll have made the perfect wig for him. They've already got his short hair perfectly in some shops.
>>
>>9260930
>>9260967
oh but anons, don't you know every mediocre asian cosplayer is immediately cute by virtue of being asian?????
>>
>>9261333
No.

Also did you even hear that voice?
>>
>>9262660
I'd love to have a review! December isn't too far away, so I don't mind waiting.
>>
>>9248824
You're not actually going to wear ice skates while off the ice are you?
>>
>>9263055
you tie them together and hold them.
>>
>>9263061
Different anon but don't do this at cons.
>>
>>9263083
Different anon but why not? Tie them together, put blade guards on them, and your golden
>>
>>9263122
what part about live steel isnt aloud at cons are you people deliberately not understanding?
>>
File: asdfa.png (449KB, 580x588px) Image search: [Google]
asdfa.png
449KB, 580x588px
>>
>>9263125
this makes no fucking sense what so ever
>>
>>9263280
What even am I looking at here? Like, what's the context because it's not cosplay.
>>
>>9263291
other anon is an idiot but kinda has a point.
"live steel" is never allowed at conventions, but it usually refers to authentic metal blades or weapons. sharpened or not, if they're real, they're not allowed.

they're saying the same rule applies for the steel edge of the ice skates and thus they wouldn't be appropriate.
>>
>>9263291
did you even read the thread? this has been brought up like 6 times by this point. you can't bring blades into a con. doesn't matter if they are covered in plastic or are supposed to go on your feet.
>>
For those of you looking at making Yuri's Eros costume, you'll be looking at power mesh for the mesh bits.
>>
>>9263352
Not even making it but thank you for the tip! I'd love to see these costumes made as realistic as possible.
>>
>>9263396
I wish I had the figure for any of the skating costumes, really. Thanks, birthing hips. I usually avoid watching sports anime for that reason because I always want to cosplay everything (and I have some shame). I made an exception for YoI and don't regret it at all tho.
>>
>>9263531
Luckily, men's skating outfits, by regulatory standards, all have to technically be a 'top' & pants, so you might be able to use some shapewear on your hips and conceal them under the pants. U were born to make history, anon! Follow ur dreams
>>
>>9251866
imagine how hard it is for them to breathe through their nose
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (57KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
57KB, 700x420px
>>9263531
I've got big hips and thighs but I'm trying to exercise it off the Pixyteri way and I'm going to be wearing shapewear like crazy under my outfit even if it's just a character's streetwear. Definitely go to your local Walmart or whatever and go through their shapewear section for spandex shorts if you just need your hips made smaller. I've got a pair like this that nearly go to my knees to compress my hips and thighs both.
>>
File: IMG_3526.jpg (135KB, 549x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3526.jpg
135KB, 549x738px
>>
>>9263908
Oh my god.
>>
>>9263908
I didn't think I could ever like this make up on an actual human being, but that's significantly less horrifying than I thought it'd be.
>>
>>9263908
that u, ben stiller?
>>
>>9263908
I want to comfort Georgi ;__;
>>
>>9262837
>Also did you even hear that voice?
Yes. What's wrong with it?
>>
Does anyone have any advice for the crystals on Yuuri's eros outfit?
>>
>>9264178
Resin if you're crafty since there are gem molds available. If not, maybe try some online craft shops to see if they sell premade ones.
>>
>>9263908
Georgi is best boy
>>
>>9263908
10/10 would get cursed by again
>>
>>9264180
does anyone know enough about that tomei clay arda's got to know if it'd be good for the Eros outfit's gems?
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-23 18.04.29.png (900KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-23 18.04.29.png
900KB, 1920x1080px
Would you guys say that his sleeves are leather? At first I was thinking of using a shiny sportswear fabric but now I am second guessing myself. Leather would be more punk at least.
>>
>>9265566
Fellow Yuri cosplayer here and I'm definitely guessing pleather or leather going by the shine.

Though for all we know it could be one of those popular bomber jackets and the sleeves are a satin material. I wish they'd do a character sheet for him like they do with the skating outfits with the materials.
>>
>>9265575
Where is that from?! I love it.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-23 18.00.48.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-23 18.00.48.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>9265575
That would be really nice. It would be fantastic to see references like that.
I am going to go with leather because his shoes look like they have leather detailing too. Are those supposed to be a specific brand of shoe or are they just generic runners? I am a brand moron.
>>
File: thoseshoes.png (797KB, 826x647px) Image search: [Google]
thoseshoes.png
797KB, 826x647px
>>9265577
http://japanloverme-store.com/vintage/japanese-souvenir-skull-punk-skeleton-sakura-cherry-blossoms-flowers-zen-simple-sukajan-flight-bomber-jacket/
Is that google said but i'm sure you could find it a hell of a lot cheaper elsewhere. AliExpress is crawling with them.

>>9265580
Looks like generic sneakers to me. I'm surprised their so plain compared to his other pair.
>>
>>9265566
Leather would not lay like that, all those deep folds and the way it's rolled up? The cuffs/collar/bottom hem would look a little odd too, since that's definitely not leather.
But if you want the aesthetic, go for it. It'll be a pain in the ass though.
>>
>>9265592
I really hope they give him an outfit with a purple leopard print motif
>>
>>9265597
to go with his hi tops?
>>
File: fabric.jpg (3MB, 2989x3334px) Image search: [Google]
fabric.jpg
3MB, 2989x3334px
>>9265596
I have some really thin pleather that would give it that look or I have some stretch knit. I am torn on what I should use.
>>
>>9265717
Yeah. Those purple ones. It would be glorious. He hasn't worn those with anything right?
>>
>>9265566
It's definitely satin.
>>
>>9265748
no, not yet. From the looks of the pic in >>9265592 it just seems to imply that's what he wears with that black outfit when he's not on the ice.
>>
>>9259579
seconding. Please give us more info on the stuff the Japanese team gave her.
>>
>>9265746
Personally I'm iffy on that pleather but it's much better than the knit for sure.
>>
>>9265860
Different anon trying to find it via her twitter but this is the first thing that popped up. Bless this girl.

>https://twitter.com/JannyMedvedeva/status/801738394233511937
>>
>>9259579
>>9265860
Delivering
>>
>>9266721
The victor cheer banner is about 9000 yen on y!ja last time I checked.
>>
>>9266723
Whoops I didn't realise I saved a picture for ants.

Anyway I'm so deep into the Yuri on Ice hell that I tracked down a mizuno ice skating jacket for myself to wear casually. I want the one that Yuzuru or Evgenia wears in >>9259085 but its probably custom made for them since I can't find them anywhere
>>
>>9266721
>>9266723
Isn't that the sports announcer who got his own character?

This anime is amazing.
>>
File: yuri5.png (587KB, 583x625px) Image search: [Google]
yuri5.png
587KB, 583x625px
>>9266793
>skating jacket for myself to wear casually
I'm utter trash but this is what got me jumping into cosplaying them as well since I can comfortably reuse the costume pieces as everyday wear plus Yurio (or Yuri) and I share the same love of tacky animal prints and everything cat.
I'm actually considering making myself a custom one of a kind cellphone case like his out of rhinestones because I know he'd be tacky enough to use a bling case and it'll get me back into decoden.
>>
>>9255338
>>9258803
UK anons! I'm a beginner but I've really got the bug. It's so cool that you two are good at it. Whereabouts are you? I study down south myself. Kind of tempted to costest Yuuri.
>>
>>9249307
If you die or break your ankles, can you please leave and quit forever
>>
>>9251420
The wig is more atrocious
>>
>>9265575
sukajan
>>
>>9266920
What's your closest rink if you don't mind my asking? There are so few rinks around, its a bit of a trek to my closest one unfortunately. I'm in the south east
>>
>>9267084
>If you die or break your ankles
When will this meme end?
>>
>>9267242
Yeah, they're a rarity everywhere. My nearest is Oxford.
>>
>>9267258
ah that's even further away from me. My closest are Gosport and Guildford
>>
>>9255480
fuck please someone send this to kubo
>>
>>9261333
This is fucking disgusting. Super ugly. Cringe levels of bad. The makeup is literally awful. There's no defending this. This is fat-Yuuri levels of bad.
>>
What color are JJ's eyes? I thought they were blue, but some frames it looks like he has grey eyes.
>>
>>9252553
It makes sense for Yuuri to be so sheltered, though. He's a small town boy, from a tiny resort town in Japan's hick country. Furthermore, he's a skater.

I used to skate, before I hit puberty early and was a C cup by grade 8. If you want to be a skater, it takes up ALL your time, especially if you live in a small town. You see it in the show with Yuri P as well, he doesn't know how to deal with life outside the rink, even as much as a normal 15 year old might. Skating, especially in the last 20 years, has become as demanding a sport as gymnastics used to be. We're probably heading for a backlash like the one they got, where people finally realize it's not healthy to be putting pre-pubescent bodies through such torture.
>>
>>9263908
Bless Best Boy Georgi
>>
>>9266920
I live in Cardiff! Learnt to skate in Telfordd and moved down to Cardiff for uni. I worked at the Cardiff ice rink while it was still the big blue tent, and left right before they moved over to the new rink! The new rink is gorgeous though! :D
>>
>>9267429
Wow vendetta chan chill, what did they do to you? Or are you just jealous that they'll still make a better Victor than you?
>>
File: references.jpg (341KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
references.jpg
341KB, 1280x720px
I'm torn here for the Eros outfit - Not sure if just fishnet with skin colored lycra underneath, or fishnet over silver.

What would you guys say it is? I've seen both on cosplays so far, but mainly with the silver.
>>
>>9267429
agreed, not sure why people seem to like this one besides ~naturally pretty person~ the makeup looks like all those shit attempts to copy reika's levi makeup

>>9267565
are you that victor? because there's an awful lot of unjustified defensiveness going on here lmao
>>
>>9267449
Oh yeah. I went to high school with two Olympic level gymnasts and they might as well not have been enrolled for how little they showed up. 98% of their life was training for gymnastics, talking about gymnastics and travelling from practice to practice. When they did show up for their classes they literally had nothing to say that wasn't directly related to gymnastics. They couldn't do sport because they might hurt themselves or art class if they might ~stain their hands~.
Professional sports is totally crazy.
>>
>>9267648
Don't use fishnet at all. Go with powermesh. The silver shown in the swatches was the original idea, but in the anime, it looks more flesh tone.
>>
>>9267760
Oooh, so that's what it's called, thanks! I've seen it around, but had no idea.
>>
File: wig.jpg (388KB, 1740x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wig.jpg
388KB, 1740x1024px
>>9262857
Got my wig today and I'm going to have to file for a refund. It only looks good under a ton of shoop because the color is that overly shiny cheap blonde and I was pulling out whole handfuls of loose strands on top of having a balding spot at the top of the wig. The cut of the wig isn't even accurate.

Overall, not worth the $9.99 and I'm going to Taobao for a wig this time.
>>
>>9264134
It sounds terrifying. So creepy and wrong.
>>
>>9267655
Nah, I wish. I'm ugly lmao
>>
>>9267648

The notes say the pants are velour btw
>>
>>9268457
The pants, or the half skirt? Because the pants look like the same material as the top, but the skirt looks different.
>>
>>9268284 and >>9267429 are obv the same person, the only question is: are they hating on bad accents and mediocre makeup or on trans people? we just don't know
>>
I saw this video of a professional figure skater eating shit while walking in skate guards and though of you guys: http://iitsnotivett.tumblr.com/post/153662536806/yuzuru-hanyu-on-ice-vs-off-ice
>>
>>9268650
oh lol poor Yuzu
>>
>>9268504
The pants and the top are noted as velour, actually. No details on what the skirt is made out of.
>>
>>9268650
>those cries

keks were had
>>
File: Cv16smzVYAA1ia9.jpg (103KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cv16smzVYAA1ia9.jpg
103KB, 900x600px
>>
>>9268650
Yuzuru is so cute lol.
>>
>>9269022
>tfw no cute poodle to cosplay with

This is a nice photo. Wish the cosplay didn't look like 16 tho
>>
>>9269484
Yeah, they'd be better suited for young Victor.

>tfw wig tested Yuri P and look too grown up
M-Maybe the ending will be them in five years...
>>
>>9268457
>>9268741
Ugh I really don't like velour though. It reminds me of the ugly track suits my asian mum wears. I think I might just alter a spandex unitard instead, please no judgy
>>
http://goombella123.tumblr.com/post/153494338489/16-reasons-why-the-yoi-dub-is-just-as-good-as-the

I can't stop laughing at the accents. This is probably the first time in a while I've enjoyed a dub for not taking itself seriously.
>>
File: 514403.jpg (41KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
514403.jpg
41KB, 550x550px
>>9267432
Now that you mention it, looking through his merch some stuff does look grey. However in almost all the simplified/chibi styled things of him he has blue eyes so I would just go for a duller blue.
>>
File: Cyg2cTEW8AEZjPe.jpg (190KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cyg2cTEW8AEZjPe.jpg
190KB, 874x1200px
Has everyone seen these?
>>
File: Cyg2dolWQAAuwMC.jpg (195KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cyg2dolWQAAuwMC.jpg
195KB, 874x1200px
>>9272587
>>
>>9272587
>>9272588
I hadn't! Thank you for sharing!
>>
New thread?
>>
File: Cylx01gWIAAdOyN.jpg (113KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cylx01gWIAAdOyN.jpg
113KB, 682x1024px
>>
>>9273458
the photoshop on this looks painful
>>
New thread >>9273462
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.