[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nekocon 19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 10

File: cropped-NekoconWebBanner_2016.png (514KB, 1200x280px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-NekoconWebBanner_2016.png
514KB, 1200x280px
Anyone going to this? What should I expect for my first time?
>>
>>9230517
It's kind of amazing how many people bought tickets for the tea party before buying their first dress, let alone something from Baby.
This tea party is sure to be fascinating...
>>
>>9230517
Fucking Kate is going. The HRL fb page has been a shitshow with itas getting spoonfed and using the page like their own damn blog.
>>
File: Fotor1125123743.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor1125123743.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>9230517
What's it going to take to win the coordinate contest? I'm sure Kate and the like will be decked in several layers of veils and ceptors. (I bet that and the fashion show are the reasons she's coming in the first place)
>>
>>9230517
Tons of cat eared weebs, a bunch of fat itas, two short gothic Lolitas, Matt the sweet ouji, a few sweet Lolitas, Jessie Kate, and one old-school Lolita. If you see me in old-school Baby, say hi!
>>
Is anyone going to the host event? Most of the hosts look...less than desirable.
>>
I'll be attending as Part 8 Josuke/Gappy on both Friday and Saturday. Bryce Papenbrook (SHIIIZAAA) will be there, so it's more than likely that I'll be at his panel if he has one.

Also, be prepared for a SHITLOAD of Undertale this year.
>>
>>9232361
I'll be there
>>
>>9232375
I thought Undertale fandom died for the most part.
>>
The person that regularly does the jfashion show is a fucking joke but because baby is doing theirs this year it should be a bit better. Still expect the Lolita side of neko to be a shit show because the local comm is filled to the brim with itas....
>>
>>9232383
Which host did you choose?
>>
>>9230517
I'll be going in a nanchatte coord. Nekocon is okay at best, but i there's a lot of kids in their weeb stage running around and lots of people just sit around in the main hall. I'm mostly just going to see the vendors and the baby fashion show.
>>
>>9232422
Me
>>
>>9232428
Lmao. I assume you're a host then? I'm confused as to why everyone has set tickets instead of people making reservations? We just chose our friend who is doing it and he was was like yeah I don't know why it's set up like that.
>>
>>9230517
I fucking love nekocon probably one of my favorite cons to go to, sadly won't make it this year since airplane tickets are to expensive
>>
Who heard back from the fashion show modeling application?
>>
>>9232541
I did. They sent out the email on who got in last week but they still haven't confirmed where the fittings are supposed to be. > >
>>
>>9230517
What's the consensus, gulls- will the lolita carnival be worth attending?

I think it could be a nice way to meet new people, but considering how many expected attendees will barely fit the criteria for lolita, if at all...
>>
>>9232262
uh that's why i'm going to this shitty looking con, what does it matter?
>>
I will be there. Dressed in AP and Baby all weekend. My friend is also attending also who will be in AATP. so you have a couple good lolitas going. I hope it will be a good con-- we will see!
>>
I'll be there, too. First time attending and first brand teaparty. I'll be in AP the first two days, and AATP the last.

Wish we had a covert way to ask if someone is a gull without directly outing ourselves to those who aren't. If reports of how common itas are going to be I really just want to be cautious.
>>
>>9235377
Kate is a gull
>>
Kate isn't a member of the comm. I'll take the itas over her, kthx.
>>
>>9234992
I'll be there in Baby, AATP, and IW. This is my first brand tea party so I'm excited.
>>
>>9235377
We could futz around with code words like "moot" and "gull", or we could just meet up somewhere.
>>
>>9235413
We could arrange a meetup for after the event Sunday. How's that sound?
>>
Unfortunately I have to leave after the tea party on Sunday. I'm guessing the few well dressed lolitas going it seems will be gulls.
>>
The lolita collective is going to be there in the vendor hall as well.
>>
>>9232541
I heard back as well. I wonder if we'll get to know what we'll be wearing in advance.
>>
>>9230517
It's a smaller con, but it's not teeny tiny. Nice atmosphere for just chilling and hanging with pals.
>>
>>9232361
2 of the hosts could get it. Everyone else is mid to low tier, and there's this one pale looking guy who is straight up gross looking.
>>
>>9235597
See you then!
>>
Fuck Neko. Con is going downhill and can't own up to its past mistakes. Not worth a 3 hour drive even.
>>
wait, is aatp okay for the tea party?
>>
>>9236187
This is a tea party by BTSSB & AATP.
>>
>>9236187
>>9236236
Not to mention they're having two coordinate contests for both AatP and BtSSB
>>
anyone want to post pics of your lineup?
>>
>>9236169
I haven't been in years - not since they were at the Embassy. I stopped going once the then-new con admin fucked over long-time guests like the Ayers brothers.
>>
>>9232270
>>9230548
>>9232416

jesus h christ....there is salt everywhere!! I feel bad for any one in ur local community
>>
I wonder how the coordinate contest will be judged. Like, is it by popular vote or are the guests choosing? Will the winner have to follow the theme?
>>
>>9236169
Wait, what happened?
>>
>>9236868
The out of town lolitas will make it worth while at least
>>
>>9236868
>>9237441

The out of town people and local conlitas are the itas: regular meet attendees are much better dressed.
>>
>>9238019
Local community is a bunch of itas. What are you talking about?
>>
>>9238056
The central group of meet attendees is very small, but dresses well compared to the cat-eared masses that go to the 101 panel.
The other locals are much worse than the people who travel to Neko.
>>
>>9236868
The local comm is surprisingly low-salt. People are friendly and like having fun - summer ILD was a fun af lolita-themed house party. People are pretty decently dressed and the itas get supported enough that they can transition into wearing coords that aren't total dumpster fires.
>>
>>9238056
Sorry the local comm didn't like you.
>>
>>9232560
Has anybody heard back from them about the location yet?
>>
I'll be there Friday and Saturday dressed AP and/or Baby, chocolate themed if you see me say hi please I have no friends
>>
>>9239911
I will be in a chocolate themed AATP on Friday evening to see the fashion show. I'll look for you
>>
File: omg.png (379KB, 474x364px) Image search: [Google]
omg.png
379KB, 474x364px
only a couple days left!!!
>>
>>
File: btssblove.jpg (53KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
btssblove.jpg
53KB, 236x354px
>>
>>9236352
I don't know anything about Lolita itababy whatever but here's my lineup. Very surprised that neko is popular enough to have a thread on here. Bretty gud. I ever even knew there were fashion shows and I've been going like 7 years.
>>
theres never been a thread before, because the con wasnt worth it until BTSSB was booked.
It's a crappy con--most of us are only going for the lolita events.
>>
>>9241667
So basically expect a lot of out of towners. Fug. I live less than an hour away so it's my comfy home con. I agree it's garbage though, it's the only con I've ever known to not allow masks to be worn at to events and the dealers room as well as banning shirtless cosplays.
>>
>>9241754
Alright so I googled that weird acronym you used. Basically this famous Lolita girl is coming and so a SHIT ton of Lolita fans are coming as well. That's cool, I've always thought Lolita fashion was pretty cool.
>>
>>9241667
There actually was a very short-lived thread last year. Surprised me. Just a few disgruntled ex-attendees telling someone not to go.
>>
>>9241575
Those dresses on the floor.
>>
>>9241575
#goals. except, yes. keep the dresses off the floor.
>>
>>9230517
I'm still in disbelief that a small time con like this managed to get the BtSSB ceo as a guest.
>>
>>9242646
they got Rin Rin last year. didnt know until the con was over with. had an AP tea party!
>>
>>9242649
It wasn't an official AP tea party, RinRin was just there as a guest. It was really awesome though! They've been stepping it up the past couple years with jfash stuff.
>>
>>9242646
Neko is apparently run by otakon regular senior staff so they can pull their connections, but to be fair every senior con operator knows every other one!
>>
>>9241754
Masks is a local anti crime law, all 7 of the cities have anti mask laws because we are higher crime than average. Shirtless is a muh south law as well in hampton, ,at least it is not Virginia Beach where you can't curse!
>>
>>9241589
Going to the Fire Emblem shoot Friday?
>>
The more people post to the local comm page, the more convinced I am that this tea party is going to be a collection of hot messes.
>>
Who else is here alone? My friend bailed on me 2 days ago, conventions without friends fucking blows
>>
>>9244612
I'm wandering the con - wearing meta and a black IW bolero. Say hi if you see me!
>>
>>9244641
I'm not alone but am happy to make friends.
>>
I'm in old school, front row of the fashion show. Say hi!
>>
>>9244641
>>9244940
I have no idea what those fashion terms mean. I know the thread is largely Lolita populated but I'm just a non cross dressing dude. I'm in a black jacket, purple shit, and jeans. Pretty damn lame but feel free to say hi.
>>
Why are the maids SO ugly and fat?
>>
>>9244988
What maid cafe is there?
>>
>>9232422
Suo. ;_; I went to see him a second time but he had been requested. I bought him a drink and everything.
>>
This was my first Nekocon. I'm an NC native and all my VA friends hyped this con up. It wasn't necessarily bad, but I was very underwhelmed.
>>
>>9244988
I'm very good friends with one of the maids and she's like borderline anorexic, the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>9247669
Its biggest upside is definitely the size. It gets bigger every year so if you like to see VAs they usually have some good onesm, and it attracts a lot of cosplayers. The staff is notoriously bad every year though, with constant miscommunication and a lot of god complexes among the lower levels. They keep having more and more attendees and they're just never able to keep large groups in order, long lines are never organized and always a mess.

I like the con, though, but it was also my first anime con back in '13.
>>
>>9247707
oh, it wasn't bad, just...underwhelming. All my VA friends were like "yeah dude, it's fucking huge" and it was just the size of Ichibancon, which is like, a mid sized con.
>>
>>9247749
It's big for the area, not big in general. The con would grow a lot more if they would change the location to somewhere not shit.
>>
How was the tea party?
>>
>>9248270
The food lacking, but other than that I actually had a good time.
>>
>>9248270
Holy shit.

>girly-hoot is banned from next years fashion show
>cringey autist screamed profanity over not winning a raffle
>no sweets
>plastic wigged itas. at least 3
>"old school" coords

However, it was amazing to meet the designers 1 on 1 and socialize with other frills over tea
>>
>>9248278
Deets? What happened?
>>
Does anyone know how/where the tea party pictures are being posted?
>>
>>9248275
*was lacking

I was really hoping they would have desserts to balance out the cold finger food.
>>
>>9248286
supposedly. She said some shit about lolita collective and it's representatives "dont deserve to be there" and openly mocked a few things about btssb's designs. She was publicly banned in the dealers hall by the local comm leader

She also didnt win "best coord" at the tea party and was the most disgustingly sour and rude thing I've ever witnessed.
>>
>>9248387
Was that the girl that screamed DAMNIT at the top of her lungs?
>>
>>9248391
No, that was some autistic ass ouji girl. she was super fucking annoying and wouldnt shut up about losing.
>>
Anyone else see that rather large obnoxiously in character Harley Quinn on Saturday? I wanted to fucking punch her to be honest.
>>
Pics of the tea party winners....anyone?
>>
>>9248421
Yep. I heard quite a few loud Harley voices this weekend.
>>
File: CwpPaKUXcAAt0DP.jpg-large.jpg (230KB, 1599x899px) Image search: [Google]
CwpPaKUXcAAt0DP.jpg-large.jpg
230KB, 1599x899px
>>9248431
>>
>>9248440
This one in particular never broke character, called random people "puddin" and just in general would not shut the fuck up
>>
There was a really cute (and well done, surprisingly) Stein cosplayer this year. I was too shy to talk to him...

There were actually a few really cosplayers this year but the cringe far out measured them
>>
>>9248387
Why is she still attending events, anyway? Didn't she say she was leaving the community because western lolitas are big meanies?
>>
>>9248387
When people straight up lie to create drama about Kate
>>
File: 20161105_183130.jpg (497KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_183130.jpg
497KB, 1600x1200px
>>9248454
Are you talking about me????
>>
>>9248278
do you have actual source for this because it sounds like rumors, She's really tight with leaders of LC and frankly this doesn't sound like her
>>
>>9248442
That ouji coord is super cute and definitely deserved the AATP win.
That BTSSB coord made me say wtf though. I guess the BTSSB designers are just keeping up their habit of questionable decisions. That cat thing is ugly as fuck.

This is coming from someone who was dressed in AATP too so I'm not mad, I just honestly don't understand what they were thinking with that one.
>>
>>9248459
She came back and expected everyone to forget.
>>
>>9248495
I honestly feels like lately the designers are choosing people who are wearing newer prints/sets.
>>
>>9248472
Yeah, it's a great Stein! But also you have a really cute face and I might kind of sort of have a con crush on you to be honest
>>
>>9248278

Can anyone confirm? This is excellent.
>>
>>9248495
Hi Kate. Butthurt that your trainwreck didn't win?
>>
>>9248515
Can confirm.

Hoping next year that we get some sweets with our tea - that's two years in a row. You think the con wouldn't let that happen twice in a row.
>>
>>9248519
Lol, I know Kate and those are definitely not Kate mannerisms or ways of typing
>>
>>9248521
I was part of the fashion show and I'm not sure why she would be banned they gave her like the best dress apart from the guest models.
>>
>>9248278
she did not get banned. wtf are you talking about. she was great in the show actually! you're straight up lying.
it was another girl, who wasn't banned--they switched models. thats all. stop starting drama ita. obviously you dont know anyone.
>>
>>9248523
>knows Kate

I'm sorry for your herp, anon.
>>
>>9248527
Tripping backstage is great these days?
>>
>>9248278
>>9248387
Caps pls
>>
>>9248532
They were IRL events? We didn't exactly have video rolling on us all weekend.
>>
>>9248535
Can't message the organizers about it or lolita collective?
>>
the con was excellent--for lolitas. it was a great time!
I would never go there for cosplay tho--it was entertaining to look at the horrid cosplays everywhere.
>>
>>9248536
Because they're making it up obviously
>>
>>9248538
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>9248537
I was so happy with the lolita programming this year and will go next year based on that.
>>
word is--trying for an Angelic Pretty tea party!
Im so excited.
>>
>>9248387
None of this happened. Someone is just trying to start drama.
>>
>>9248546
Yeah, until someone caps confirmation from organizers that she was banned this is bullshit.

>>9248545
This needs to happen.
>>
>>9248394
>>9248391
>>9248278

I'm sorry.
>>
>>9248527
hi, Kate
>>
>>9248619
her face looks like it's melting all the time

i genuinely like some of her coords, i just have to put my thumb over her head
>>
>>9248545
that AP tea party needs to happen.
>>
Can't you enjoy your con without shitting all over one specific attendee you didn't like? She did nothing to warrant this beyond turning up and enjoying herself.
>>
>>9248548
I'm staff, it's not true. Maybe she's banned from Baby but not from Nekocon.
>>
>>9248724

I heard she was banned from fashion shows and tea parties, not the Con.
>>
>>9248724
No one ever said the whole con. Just the fashion show and potentially the tea party.

If you're staff, do you have any confirmation or deets?
>>
>>9248750
I was in the fashion show and at tea and I have no idea what they're talking about, fashion show and tea went fine, she walked in fashion show, did well, was kind and kept to herself and her table at tea, that's it, literally nothing happened other than baby kicking out a model that WAS NOT HER and replacing her, maybe people are getting confused.
>>
>>9248769
same anon here, the person who was kicked out of the fashion show was probably the one banned from the tea too if such a thing occurred
>>
>>9248442
whaaat the fuck is that orange outfit
>>
>>9248770
The girl kicked out didn't go to the tea party because she was upset about getting kicked out of the show apparently? Didn't hear about a ban. At least that's what a friend who was working the fashion show told me
>>
>>9248792
I don't even think anyone was banned and that this is just someone trying to stir up shit about kate for lulz
>>
>>9248687
Honestly I get why peopled hate her based on her online shit that happened but she was really nice at the con. The only thing bad I can really say about her was that she seemed a little dull. But overall seems like a nice person
>>
>>9248857
Spending time with her at this con completely changed my perspective of her for me. There's a huge difference of how she comes across online and in real life, :she's very down to earth and nice and normal
>>
>>9248935
If anything, she seemed a bit quiet
>>
>>9249241
She's actually pretty introverted and shy I was admittedly surprised.
>>
I guess the mods are part of Kate's fan club now. Cleaning up any talk about her and deleting my caps of her fly catcher mouth from publicly posted pictures.
How is observing the shit posted to the con's tag vendetta? Oh but any comments saying she's ok or that everything said about her is lies or salt didn't get deleted.
This is bs.
>>
Was anyone else getting annoyed as hell by the loud screech-laughing by the Chara on Sunday? I saw her get in trouble with staff and it was so satisfying.
>>
>>9249810
Are you new? They've done shit like this for a while
>>
>>9248499
At the JP parties the models/designers pretty much only choose ppl who are wearing the full made-to-order $1000+ sets
>>
>>9249828
So staff did say something to her?
Good. I heard her all over the dealer's hall, and was so tempted to go tell her to shut the fuck up.
And you just know she think it's so cool and edgy and unsettling.
>>
Can everyone just leave LC the heck alone
>>
>>9254333
Hi newfag
>>
Did anyone else notice that one girl stealing the pens for the silent auction at the tea party?
>>
>>9254259
Yeah, I was taking photos for my friend, and that girl started her laughing RIGHT next to us, we had to cover our ears. As we were leaving AA, staff came and asked if a voice actor was making that noise, when we replied it was an attendee, he bolted towards her looking pissed as hell.
>>
>>9254632
Yep that was Molly
>>
>>9254632
>>9254918
were they brand pens? or trying to prevent others from bidding? what a poorfag...
>>
>>9255777
trying to prevent others from bidding, lol. the money was going to charity, too....
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.