[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

False Eyelashes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

File: L_g0037979620.jpg (37KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
L_g0037979620.jpg
37KB, 430x430px
Lash thread? I was eyeing these three lashes, styles are similar but couldn't tell which one is better quality

>https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-Ageha-Model-NO-115-Japanese-hot-selling-2box-lot-Little-Devil-tapered-5pairs-box/933635_2055651017.html

>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-Pairs-Natural-Long-Black-Eye-Lashes-Thick-Fake-False-Party-Eyelashes-Makeup-Tools/32657664327.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.129.CziBQU&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_10069_10084_10083_10017_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10078_10079_10073_10070_421_420_10052_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=89bd8002-5734-4abc-b873-76c8f4569d72

>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-Pairs-NEW-Women-Short-Lady-Natural-Cross-False-Eyelashes-Hand-woven-high-end-hand-sharpened/32705088237.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.11.UofkBW&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_10069_10084_10083_10017_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10078_10079_10073_10070_421_420_10052_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=c7ddf538-a9f1-4e85-bc5f-480d2363950d

Also some questions:
>Do you wear false lashes?
>Do you wear them only for lolita-cosplay or daily?
>What styles do you prefer?
>Where do you get your lashes?
>>
>>9230318
>>
File: japanese-eyelash-upper-eyelash.jpg (115KB, 620x684px) Image search: [Google]
japanese-eyelash-upper-eyelash.jpg
115KB, 620x684px
>>9230321
>>
>>9230322
>>
>>9230318
every damn day
Daily. everything. fuck my tiny hooded eyes
Natural, anything bigger leaves an awkward shadow on my face which I hate
drugstore

pic related are my favorite. due to daily wear i can't justify shelling out $20 for lashes when they become unusable fast (even with cleaning)

I wish I could do more with my eye makeup overall, but nah dem hooded eyes say no
>>
if you have hooded eyes you really have to do research before buying lashes because the big dolly ones will just cover your eyes and look unflattering
>>
>>9230318
Rarely... I wish I did my makeup regularly, but I'm a noob and also rarely leave my house as I work from home.
Cosplay or once in a blue moon when I visit a new city or have dinner at a nice place.
I actually really like the lashes in >>9230333. I have them! I also have tried some japanese brands (not dollywink but also not daiso... something in the middle price wise) along with tons of cheaper brands. I like ones that are a lot longer and curlier but not necessarily thick. Have tried a bunch by cheaper korean skincare/makeup brands like Etude House.
The KISS ones I just get at walmart or the pharmacy. I bought some japanese ones on eBay. Bought other japanese ones and korean ones while I was in seoul.
>>
Yes.
Mostly for lolita.
More voluminous styles since I have hooded lids. Lately though I have been layering some cheap eBay ones with my favorite pa lashes, and I really like the combination of volume with some definition.
eBay and local Asian beauty stores/supermarkets

Anyone have recs for false lower lashes? I like the Dollywink ones but I was hoping for a cheaper option.
>>
>>9230333
Lmao are you basically me? Only thing different is the brand of lashes I wear but it's also a drugstore brand.
>>
>>9230318
I love falsies. Used to wear full strip top and bottom daily but now I just wear half strip upper lashes whenever I wear anything remotely nice
>>
>>9230367
There are the ebay/taobao kinds, but they honestly can't hold a candle to the dollywink kind. Just invest and take care of them.
>>
>>9230471
What's the difference between Dolly Wink and Taobao lashes? I only used Taobao ones before so I'm not sure if DW prices are justified.
>>
>>9230478
The dolly wink ones look a lot more natural? like even when the lashes are OTT, they don't look as blocky. The reason for that is the fibers used in the Dolly Wink lashes come to a point, while the taobao/ebay lashes use fibers that stay one width the whole time. The design of the DW lashes are also less evenly spaced vs the taobao ones, which sounds bad but makes the lashes look a lot better blended in. I also find that the band of the lashes are easier to work with.
>>
>>9230481
Well photos don't look that different from what I have honestly but it is more noticeable irl probably.
>>
File: detail08.jpg (97KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
detail08.jpg
97KB, 400x246px
Can I ask how to put on bottom lashes without it looking strange as hell, usually i try to line them up with my actual lashes but it always looks so wrong.
>>
>>9230491
start from the outside in and don't do them all the way to the inner corner. I would recommend stopping at the halfway or three quarter mark. The farther in you go, the harder it is to make look good. Don't put them flat on your face, put them on at an angle, so the inner fibers are more horizontal (so therefore less visible) and the outer fibers are flatter (more visible). Using tweezers will help if you're not good at it. Hold them in place (usually one finger on the bottom side of the inner lashes pushing them slightly up and one finger on the outside of the lashes pushing them down) until they dry, so that they will dry in that shape.
>>
>>9230496
Thanks anon, Ill try that! So would you recommend cutting up lashes to make them shorter?
>>
Anyone have lash glue recommendations? Something not /too/ pricey that dries quicker than the Duo stuff
>>
>>9230388
my drugstore has only two brands of lashes and this by far is my favorite. not only are they cheaper, but lash longer and dont stab my eye corners at all
>>
>>9230497
Cutting eyelashes to fit your eye size will almost always be necessary, so just trim them to what looks good. you can also cut the sized piece in half, so that it's easier to apply.
>>
>>9230512
yeah! I do it for top lashes but I wasn't too sure about bottoms (I'm not sure why i thought that)

any recommended brands? and do you think it makes a big difference? I tried using just taobao ones to make sure they looked okay and then stopped since it didn't look too good. Thus never invested in any exp ones.
>>
>>9230502
I love the Dolly Wink glue that comes with the lashes in the little tube because it dries so tacky and then it peels off really smoothly, not chunky like other glues I've tried. Unfortunately I hate the brush style glue for Dolly Wink's full size glue, but I haven't found another glue in the tube that I love to the same level...
>>
>>9230506
Just curious how long you usually use a pair? I feel like my average is typically 2 weeks but recently I've been able to a little more out of some as long as I don't end up crying or something lmao.
>>
>>9230502
Duo is probably the best. I use Ardell but it's probably the same stuff. Definitely waterproof and lasts all day.
>>9230471
I am sure there are lots of lower lashes but I haven't found any that look as natural as DW. Daiso has so far been the closest but then it's still a bit over the top.
>>
>>9230515
Omg anon me too... I was so disappointed to find their lash glue sold separately wasn't the same as what comes with the lashes. Dries clear, comes off clean, doesn't take ages to get tacky... I just haven't found anything else as good.
>>
Which is better, black eyelash glue or clear eyelash glue?
>>
>>9230682
I prefer clear, it hides my mistakes if I accidentally glob on too much
>>
>>9230682
Personally I prefer black but that's probably bc I'm using it with black eyelashes and black liner. (So for me, clear globs stand out more than black globs.)
>>
>>9230532
mine last for 2 weeks usually with proper care, but if apply the glue wrong, less of course

I have one of those eyelash storage cases from daiso, its been a lifesaver with not misplacing lashes and having them get ruined, with proper cleaning/application/storage they should last you 2 weeks with daily use

>>9230682
shakey hands here, I prefer black glue, It works great for me in place of lining my upper lid,
I've had the opposite problem as >>9230687 if I accidentally glob on too much it just makes my eyes look crusty
>>
>>9230682
Don't use black glue if you're doing under eyelashes.
>>
File: 8997779996702.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
8997779996702.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Can anybody here give me a detailed guide on how to apply false eyelashes?

I've just bought my pair ever at the age of 25 because in the past I've never liked the idea of having all these extra attached to me body i.e. false nails, hair extensions. False eyelashes have been coming more mainstream as an every-day beauty staple lately so I thought I'd give them a shot, but I can't for the life of me get them to stick properly, put them close against the lashline, and every time I get one end stuck down the other end pops up. And how the fuck do you get them UNDER your lashline?

Picture related are the ones I bought.
>>
>>9230318
Sometimes
For gyaru and cosplay
Cat-eye style
Japan (stocking them up when going there on holiday)
>>
>>9230532
What happens to your falsies if you cry? This is something that prevents me from wearing makeup or eyelashes often as opposed to just when I dress up. I never know if I'm gonna get into a shitty situation where I end up crying in a bathroom or even just laughing so hard that I cry.
>>
>>9230938
Oh Anon that's so lame but adorable. How often do you cry that this is a legitimate concern for you haha
>>
>>9230930
I would recommend you to start applying them on the top of your lash line, so you get used to work with them first. And even that takes practise. I apparently have kinda weird eye shape so it was super hard to forst apply them: my eyes just aren't shaped to fit the lashes and normal techniques don't work for me. I just kept trying and trying and eventually I started to get better but I'm still envious how easily other people can put their lashes on. Get a good glue, it really makes a difference. I have always used Duo but had to use a Make Up Store one and the difference was big. The Duo dries faster so it's a lot less messier and the lashes don't lift so easily once they are on. Start practising with lashes that have a soft band. When I got lashes with a super soft band first time it really helped me to grasp the right way to put them on.
>>
>>9230367
I like the ones by Kiss Me Heroine the most
>>
>>9230364
>I wish I did my makeup regularly, but I'm a noob
Ugh, same. Also, I've only found one eyelash glue that wasn't shit, and it was like $3 for a tiny ass bottle that lasted like two or tree uses.
>>
>>9230938
Maybe it's just because I can't handle the plastic-y lashes (which tend to hold up better when wet I think) but the lashes just clump together when they're wet and then the curl/shape obviously wilt as well.
If I tear up or something (sad movie, idk funeral...or even laughing too much), I always have to do the stupid "look up and just try to dab at just the lower part of my eye" method. It looks a little stupid but I feel like it's not much different than what other people who wear a lot of eye make up has to do.
(Note: I don't wear lower lashes though.)
>>
>>9230939
A lot. I can be an extremely emotional person. I have yet to have my make up run but I avoid mascara the most and false eyelashes second most. Like if I go to a meet, I'll be fine unless I laugh too hard which is rare and usually I just get sweaty instead which is easy to deal with.
I think the iud I have effects my emotions lots, I can not even watch kids movies without crying. I asked my doctor about it but she said she couldn't link the two and had me talk to my therapist about it who also said she couldn't link the two and confirm that's what's doing it so I don't know. Guess I'm just a big crybaby.
>>
>>9230959
Crybaby anon here! I'm terrified of wearing lower lashes! Like I probably couldn't get them to stay on, and I forgot that I yawn all the time too so when I have a full face of make up, I'm always looking up and trying to get the tears to fall a certain way that won't ruin all my hard work lol.
>>
Are luxury eyelashes like Velour worth it? I mean... they have a black band and I would hope for more from $20+ eyelashes
Maybe I should buy a pair of them and then a cheap pair of mink lashes from AE and compare them because they look pretty similar from the stock photos
>>
>>9230957
Yeah. I have admittedly spent a decent amount of money on makeup I never use. Sure, I only buy brands like nyx and colourpop, but I will use things literally one time. If I go out somewhere, it is somewhere I will sweat the makeup off anyway (gym or hiking). I like etude house lash glue a lot. Duo didnt work as well for me...
>>
What's everyone's experience with formaldehyde free lash glue? Is it less effective? (I know it's generally pricier) Interested in finding some because I wear false eyelashes a lot and most adhesives like Duo do have formaldehyde and not to sound like someone's concerned mom but the idea of putting it so close to my eye freaks me out
>>
>>9230930
There are a few videos on how to put false lashes on, but here are some quick tips.
>Get an even line of glue on the lashes (either use a glue that has a brush or run the lashes through a dab of glue)
>Wait 15 to 30 seconds for the glue to get tacky
>Look straight at a mirror and align the middle of the falsies with the middle of your lashline
>Use tweezers to adjust the ends and align them as close to your lashline as possible
>Hold down the ends of the lashes if needed until glue dries
>Cover up mistakes with more eyeliner
>For the love of god don't put them under your lashline

As for the problem of lashes popping up, you can bend the lashes a bit more before putting them on. This will ensure that they fit the curve of your eyes a little bit better.

Some people prefer to curl and apply mascara beforehand so that their natural lashes "support" the falsies, while others prefer to apply the false lashes then curl their lashes with the falsies together to blend the lashes together.
>>
>>9231823
I have the DUO Brush On Adhesive with Vitamins and had a good experience. A thin strip of glue got the lash on quickly and it never came off during a con. I haven't tested if it'll come off either by rain or by crying though.
>>
>>9230930
I recently have finally been able to apply lashes and have them last quite awhile.
Some people don't use tweezers in the tutorial videos but it's the most accurate way to do it for me at least. I bought a tool just for lashes that has a curved tweezer side and a soft end on the other side to help really get the corners down, I love it. If you're really struggling to get the whole lash down at the same time you can cut them in half, but sometimes this can leave almost like a gap on the middle of your lash line, so be careful. If you plan on wearing them out just bring the tweezers the glue and some eyeliner just in case you have a lash malfunction. Practice makes perfect!
>>
>do you wear false lashes
I wear gyaru so it would be able crazy if I didn't...

>do you wear them only for Lolita/cosplay or daily
I wear uppers about 95% of the time and lowers every time I do gyaru and about 50% of the time for regular make

>what styles do you prefer?
Spiky is best, I like to stack pairs that are extra spiky on the outside with all over spiky pairs for interest, sometimes I use fluffy for lowers but rarely

>where do you get your lashes
Always online, I have a large quantity or twinkle lash (rip) and diamond lash to keep me going but I'm ALWAYS buying any eBay or Ali lash that catches my eye

If you're cheap and new to lashes just go on eBay or Ali and buy like 5 different boxes from different sellers you still will have barely spent a fiver. To me a lash is only unusable if it sheds, I use stiff bands in stacking
>>
>>
>>9232257
>>
Anybody have any advice for buying lashes for particularly round/curved eyes? I've tried several times and they will not stick to my eyes. I know better glue will help as already mentioned, but are there any brands that are more curved?? Thx thx!
>>
>>9237785
its more of a case of wiggling your band a bunch to make it more flexible, basically want your band to be flexible, not curved
and making sure your glue has gone TACKY before putting it on it important to make sure they dont ping up, i recommend clear duo lash, it goes tacky quite fast and has a great hold
>>
>>9237785
I mostly use lashes with thin clear bands and extra glue on the ends. If I get a stiff lash band like on thicker lashes, I will cut it in half and apply in 2 pieces.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.