[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplayers who's antics destroyed a character for you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (99KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 540x960px
Ever have a cosplayer who's antics just destroyed a character for you? Weather it's via being a dumbass in cosplay or just trying to LARP As a character in a really weird way? If you do in character cosplay than that's awesome and I applaude you. Just sometimes cosplayers behave in such a squicky fashion that no matter how amazing they look as a character they just ruined that character for you.
>>
All of homestuck
>>
>>9221230
Cos-hoes and Overwatch.
Cos-hoes and Pokemon.
Cos-hoes and anything, really. Also fakebois.
>>
>>9221276
>cos-hoes
Please never say that again
>>
>>9221282
cos-hoes
>>
>>9221276
What is fakebois?
>>
>>9221309
like a fucboi, but fake
>>
>>9221300
>>9221495
I'm convinced this is a joke now
>>
>>9221309
The transtrenders.

>>9221230
A cosplayer could never ruin a character for me because I'm not retarded and understand the difference between a fictional character and a living human in a costume.
>>
File: 1473567874455.jpg (43KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
1473567874455.jpg
43KB, 600x473px
>>9221230
Everyone and Harley Quinn.
Tit cosplayers and everything they ever tit-ify.
Characters people have cosplayed so well that I will never even try because I know that I'll never look as good as them.
>>
>>9221230
Who is this person and how did they destroy my waifu?
>>
>>9221504
No it's not. It's a term that describe cosplay sluts.
>>
File: tumblr_neubncJvAe1u3tnyko1_1280.jpg (755KB, 1278x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neubncJvAe1u3tnyko1_1280.jpg
755KB, 1278x1920px
>>9221309
Tumblr girls who likes short hair and sweaters and are convinced that that makes them transgender
But they don't take test or anything because they want to look like a cute shota boy uguu uwu
>>
>>9221750
>cos-hoes
>fakebois
I'm calling it a joke because there's always some new arbitrary term that makes no fucking sense. Just..call it what it is. Why make a useless name for it?
>>
>>9221764
XD I can be a boy and still cosplay female characters! and wear makeup! and dresses!
>>
>>9221773
Fakeboi has been around for years.
>>
>>9221860
I have never heard that term outside of /cgl/ . And it doesn't look like I'm the only one.
>>
>>9221802
To be fair, I don't think there's anything wrong with trans people, trender or otherwise, cosplaying as characters of their birth gender. After all, crossplay is a thing, and a large part of cosplay is taking on the role of something you're not.
>>
>>9221802
>pic related
>>9221885
True, but a lot of fakebois just "crossplay" for everyday.
So you have a girl who says she's a boy but he dresses like a girl and gets triggered if anyone thinks hes a girl
It's just plain dumb
>>
>>9221802

i'm actually trans and i still crossplay. i know other transitioning people who do too.

however, i personally only even consider crossplaying for the sake of making intricate or challenging piecesbecause i enjoy crafting and sewing, not to prance around as a girl like this person >>9222441
>>
File: shiggy jack.png (442KB, 791x722px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy jack.png
442KB, 791x722px
>>9221504
>taking 4chan seriously
>current year +1

shiggy
>>
>>9222496
Whatever this means
>>
>>9222510
I remember when I was a newfag and didn't get well-known 4chan memes. Don't worry, champ, you'll get there.
>>
>>9222510
lurk moar
>>
>>9222487
Honestly, I don't even see fakebois as transgenders. I don't think they're comparable.
>>
Crossplayers in general
>>
File: gun.jpg (144KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
144KB, 358x429px
There was a guy I befriended as an idiot teenager who always cosplayed as Japan from Hetalia.

The guy turned out to be infamous for being a con creeper. I stuck around him because I felt bad for him and assumed his uncomfortable innuendos and weird pet names for me were just him being awkward around girls. (There's more, but I don't want to go into it.) Cut him off once he told me he got in trouble for sleeping with an underage girl. Now every time I see someone cosplaying Japan I cringe a bit.
>>
>>9222733
Dang those cosplay youtube videos never show the creeps at conventions. Then again I only watch them for the cute girls.
>>
>>9222733
zach?
>>
>>9222521
>>9222533
I don't think I want to desu. I hate myself enough for spending the few months here that I have.
>>
File: putin desu.jpg (57KB, 150x214px) Image search: [Google]
putin desu.jpg
57KB, 150x214px
>>9223013
In that case, get out before you're here forever like the rest of us.
>>
>>9221626
With Harley Quinn it's a combination of that and the fact that I now heavily associate the character with a girl that emotionally destroyed me.

The fact that she is EVERYWHERE now and not just confined to basic con bitches is not great for me. Sorry to blog.
>>
>>9223313
>the fact that I now heavily associate the character with a girl that emotionally destroyed me.

Holy shit, the Joker posts on /cgl/.
>>
>>9223489
it would be the other way around if i was the joker desu
>>
>>9221230
I'm so outing myself, but whatever. I don't usually care for someone's antics to let it affect a character/series, but after getting my arm broken by one sure has left a mark... :))))
>>
>>9221276
is joke
>>
Asherbee to pretty much anything popular.
>>
Sekibanki. My ex was working on a cosplay of her right before we broke up, and it was what she was wearing the first time I saw her after that, which was at a con. I was pretty hype about it because Sekibanki was new and I really liked her design, which meant it especially sucked as I hadn't yet realized I was better off without that person at the time and the feels were strong even before the cosplay kicked in.

It's not so bad now, but seeing her cosplayed still bums me a little.
>>
>>
File: disapproval.jpg (45KB, 519x389px) Image search: [Google]
disapproval.jpg
45KB, 519x389px
>>9221282
the mexis have a different term for it that I really like, cosputa.
>>
I can't say that I've ever run into a cosplayer that was so awful that it made me hate the character too. Some series seem to attract the more obnoxious people but even that doesn't make me hate the characters/series, just the fandom.
>>
>>9224071
>99% of Free! cosplayers are disgusting fujoshits or public exhibitionists, neither of who care to make the costume accurate
>>
Idol cosplayers and the Taobao cosplay clothing mill. Built on the hands of Chinese laborers who would look at idol anime and get vivid memories about the working conditions at the sweatshop mass manufacturing idol outfits. It has become the SFW version of the playboy bunny outfit.
>>
>>9221764
Is it bad if I find this sorta cute?
>>
>>9224084
Legitimate question: how the hell do you even make a Free cosplay inaccurate? It's a pair of fuckin' swimtrunks. I mean, I'm sure there's regular clothing Free cosplays, but since you mention exhibitionists I'm gonna guess you mean the showy ones.
>>
>>9224114
>girls walking around in lycra shorts that don't have the right patterns or even the logo on them
>guys walking around without any attempt at concealing bulges
>both with tatty, plasticky, smothered greasy wigs, or wigs that aren't styled at all
>forget props like the kickboard or goggles or in a few cases swap the jacket for a white tee

it's the ultimate in laziness.
>>
File: tumblr_obq92kpvc31r1j1sko2_1280.jpg (293KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obq92kpvc31r1j1sko2_1280.jpg
293KB, 960x1280px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFXNMVbO5Q

Homestuck, in general.
>>
Guess I'll name one not posted in this thread

>Traci Hines
>>
>>9224126
I worked with a girl for a while that I had an instinctual dislike for and I wasn't sure why, until one day it hit me that she looked like Tracy Hines (and was irritatingly obsessed with mermaids). I don't feel bad about it.
>>
>>9222733
Was his name Devin??
>>
File: 1436832705005.gif (830KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
1436832705005.gif
830KB, 500x324px
It's not often had to do with cosplay but I've had some characters ruined for me because of fickin and generally people who have been great sources of annoyance in my life...

There was an ex who cosplayed a certain mlp character that I can't help associating with him...
It's not like I care about mlp so it's no big deal and I know--dating a guy who liked mlp...that was a dark time for me...turns out I'm gay.

There's a creeper who I associate with a certain visual novel protagonist and what makes it worse is that this protags childhood friend is almost exactly me...
Same clothing color, similar appearance, same food taste...she was waifu material for me because I waifu characters that remind me of me
And ruined
By a creep from high school who literally saw me as this character and his end game, all the while having sex with the first girl who was more beta than him
>>
>>9224115
That's almost as bad as cosplaying L
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.