[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: "Lolita" in anime. Some questions: >Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 119

File: Tsukuyomi_moon_phase_300_1280.jpg (272KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tsukuyomi_moon_phase_300_1280.jpg
272KB, 1280x1024px
ITT: "Lolita" in anime.

Some questions:
>Do you watch anime?
>Do you like "lolita-esque" anime or anime that has "lolita" characters on it?
>Did anime or manga influence you at any point as a lolita? (example: wanting to look like Miwako or taking influences from Magical Girls)
>Why do you think anime never gets lolita fashion right?
>>
File: 489051305_442.jpg (31KB, 424x316px) Image search: [Google]
489051305_442.jpg
31KB, 424x316px
personally I always hated how this character is dressed. It screams ita.
>>
>>9216235
>>Do you watch anime?
Eh, I'll watch sailor moon, Madoka, and maybe the occasional other but I don't often nor do I know much about it.
>>Do you like "lolita-esque" anime or anime that has "lolita" characters on it?
All the designs I've ever seen look ita af.
>>Did anime or manga influence you at any point as a lolita? (example: wanting to look like Miwako or taking influences from Magical Girls)
I like magical girls so sometimes I incorporate that in coords.
>>Why do you think anime never gets lolita fashion right?
Because a lot of character designs in anime translate poorly to real life, Lolita is no exception apparently.
>>
>Do you watch anime?
Yes but only certain series, I'm picky.
Sometimes. They are usually not Lolitas, and not trying to be, just dressed Lolita-esque.
>Did anime or manga influence you at any point as a lolita? (example: wanting to look like Miwako or taking influences from Magical Girls)
Not directly though I have seen 2 dresses I liked in past anime episodes. My biggest influences were Japanese street snaps and magazines.
Because the writers don't care about the fashion or care about making lolita characters, they just borrow what they think of as cute, frilly dresses. I'm fine with that. I'm actually glad they don't attempt actual lolita characters. I think a Lolita-based anime would be boring and bad.
>>
>>9216235
>Do you watch anime?
Not actively, and I'm only super into magical girl stuff anyhow
I don't really pay attention to it or seek out stuff that has lolita characters. Dokuhime was a neat manga that had some lolita-esque and ouji stuff iirc, so that was cool
>Did anime or manga influence you at any point as a lolita?
I love mahoukei so incorporating magical girl motifs and looks into lolita is fun. Just subtle touches. I love the AP Creamy Mami set and I want the OP. I'd love for a good brand to collab and make Madoka stuff.
Anime focuses on moe and appealing to an audience with certain tastes. A properly covered ojou-sama is less often portrayed than a faux-lolita in a skirt that just reaches their crotch (i'm looking at you, Chii) because muh otaku sex appeal. It's really shit because it makes weebs think that Chii and crossdressing Ceil are all totally lolita when that shit makes lolitas cringe
>>
File: 250.gif (996KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250.gif
996KB, 250x188px
>Do you watch anime?
Every now and then. I'm mostly into Jojo atm, though more into the manga than the anime.
I liked ParaKiss and Kuragehime, that's about it for lolita-esque series that I've watched.
I wear classic so most anime "lolitas" don't really appeal to me but I loved Anne of Green Gables (pic related) as a kid and the books and series are definitely some of my sources of inspiration for lolita.
Because of artistic freedom, I guess. Could be because the artists aim to portray an aesthetic that they (or their fans) find pleasing regardless of whether it's accurate to what the fashion is truly like or not.
>>
>>9216235
>Do you watch anime?
Yeah, but they aren't really related to lolita.
I guess CCS and Madoka could count? Not really. Dunno
No, never.
Lack of research and stereotypes
>>
>>9216270
Those outfits look like bad old Bodyline.
>>
>>9216235
>Do you watch anime?
Yes. Mostly sports anime and magical girl anime, I don't like anything too serious.

I actually like Moon Phase for the nostalgia. It was one of the first anime I ever saw.

Nah. Though I kinda want to try a Cardcaptor Sakura coord one year for halloween.

I'm not really sure, but it's probably a combination of a lot of reasons; ignorance, caring more about appealing to fans than accuracy, etc.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>9216281
I know anon. I love it.
>>
File: navi_1020_t.png (247KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
navi_1020_t.png
247KB, 1024x1024px
>Do you watch anime?
Yeah
I just appreciate fashion in general, I'm more likely to watch an anime with a fashion focus, not necessarily lolita specifically.
>Did anime or manga influence you at any point as a lolita?
A little but not in a way I can directly identify.
I feel like anime artists used to look up lolita fashion and research it.. back in the older style. A lot of anime lolitas look really old school, some to the point where you can't tell if it's old or just ita.
And I guess they don't realize that lolita fashion is still around and has evolved, hence why they seem to reference other anime lolitas rather than the actual fashion.
>>
>>9216242
Isn't it natural since she's not actually a lolita? She wears it because they are the only clothes she can find at that moment and then she kinda likes it and sticks with it.

>>9216235
I wouldn't say never. There are pretty nice anime lolitas such as Kuroneko from OreImo.
>>
>>9217972
I think they call her a lolita in the anime though? I don't like Mirai Nikki but I think I remember watching that part on youtube.
>>
upcoming mini dump of lolita looking characters
>>
File: 170px-Sun_Moon_Lillie.png (68KB, 170x385px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Sun_Moon_Lillie.png
68KB, 170x385px
>>9217987
>>
File: 27906.jpg (42KB, 225x328px) Image search: [Google]
27906.jpg
42KB, 225x328px
>>9217988
>>
>>9217989
>>
>>9217993
technically ouji, but you know
>>
>>9218004
>>
>>9216242
i enjoyed her more after watching it
>went to a costume/lolita warehouse
>picks out the ugliest fucking dress of the bunch for her to wear
>she sticks with it
>>
File: 135b.jpg (92KB, 423x768px) Image search: [Google]
135b.jpg
92KB, 423x768px
>>9218009
>>
File: Chii.full.95388.jpg (1MB, 2555x3624px) Image search: [Google]
Chii.full.95388.jpg
1MB, 2555x3624px
>>9218013
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 452x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 452x696px
>Do you watch anime?
Yes, lots
Occasionally. I haven't seen that many well done examples. I do appreciate cute, girly outfits though. Ringo from Shirobako was probably my favourite example. She starts wearing to get in touch with a difficult character design, and grows to like it and consider it her battle armour to continue doing her best.
I wanted to wear more interesting outfits and figure out a better way to express myself with clothing. I've always admired shows with characters who dress in unique ways, and don't have people bother them about it, or don't care when they do. I love the costumes in CCS, but that influenced my cosplay hobby more than my lolita style.
It's inconvenient. Because of the particular requirements of the fashion, there are limitations on how you can draw an outfit. It's also not particularly in favour to have long skirts, so things usually get cut off mid thigh. Anime lolita is its own separate thing now, with its own tropes, and with very loose ties to the actual thing.
>>
>>9218015
>>
File: Picture__317912.jpg (387KB, 612x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Picture__317912.jpg
387KB, 612x1000px
>>9218019
>>
>>9217977
See >>9218010
>>
>>9218020
not lolita, but this it as close as it gets.
/dump
>>
>Do you watch anime?
Yes, I'll watch anything good.
Absolutely. I don't like anime just because it has lolita but there are plenty of anime I like which also have lolita/esque charachers.
Absolutely. I got into lolita mostly because of anime and I'm still a sucker for oldschool because of anime.
I don't think its anime's fault though, many of the designs could work if translated well but we mosly see them translated as cheap cosplay costumes. Many of them could look good if it wasn't raschel lace and costume satin.
>>
>>9216235
>>Do you watch anime?
Yes
I want to watch parakiss
>>Did anime or manga influence you at any point as a lolita? (example: wanting to look like Miwako or taking influences from Magical Girls)
Part of me wants to be some kind of dark gothic small ojousama who lives confined in a room playing the cello, reading old books and drinking tea to Kanon Wakeshima songs but I never ever even watched Vampire Knight.
Because of silly weebs
>>
File: beauty and beast.jpg (108KB, 1181x958px) Image search: [Google]
beauty and beast.jpg
108KB, 1181x958px
>>
>>
File: New Game.jpg (188KB, 1789x957px) Image search: [Google]
New Game.jpg
188KB, 1789x957px
>>
File: ep 3 outfit.jpg (86KB, 870x488px) Image search: [Google]
ep 3 outfit.jpg
86KB, 870x488px
she wears many different outfits but if you google her it only shows 2 max. Very much causal daily wear but she has her entire cubicle space decorated.
>>
File: ep5 and desk.jpg (76KB, 869x486px) Image search: [Google]
ep5 and desk.jpg
76KB, 869x486px
>>
File: gosick-anime-479404978.jpg (165KB, 850x1261px) Image search: [Google]
gosick-anime-479404978.jpg
165KB, 850x1261px
>Do you watch anime?
Yea I'm a huge weeb and I keep up with currently airing stuff every season so I've watched a lot
I really like anime like Gosick or Rozen Maiden that have that aren't quite going for lolita but have that Victorian-ish theme to them.
Definitely when I first started out. I was a huge weeb and I thought lolita dresses we're kind of on the same tier as maid dresses where they we're anime-like costumes so of course I was like "oh yea i totally wanna dress in this cute lolita dress like Chii wears!!" I cringe whenever I think about it.
Like the other anons said they don't put in the research. Most anime "lolitas" seemed to have an old school theme to their outfits and it really just looks like they've been building off of that instead of doing research into how the fashion looks now.
>>
>>9217972
>pretty nice anime lolitas such as Kuroneko from OreImo
>Kuroneko
>pretty nice anime lolita

ok
>>
File: IRegretThisShow.jpg (70KB, 576x900px) Image search: [Google]
IRegretThisShow.jpg
70KB, 576x900px
>>9216235

>Do you watch anime?
Yes, but not as much as I used to.

I like Kuroshitsuji a little, and I guess Shugo Chara kinda has lolita inspired outfits in it from time to time. I loved that show as a kid.

No, anime and Lolita have always been very separate for me.

I think it's because the anime industry in general is kinda inbred. People base anime on what's already established in anime.
So instead of trying to make Lolitas, creators try to make those kawaii desu girls they've seen in anime that people call Lolitas.
>>
>>9218013
>this isn't in the movie
I'm pissed.
>>
File: tumblr_l725beuRKx1qael43o1_500.png (250KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l725beuRKx1qael43o1_500.png
250KB, 500x335px
>>9218262
I don't remember. There are stills of her wearing the outfit online for the movie. It's a much worse looking dress than the one in the comic.
>>
>>9218262
It's there, just more glaringly ita
>>
File: Celes_betadesign.jpg (75KB, 900x791px) Image search: [Google]
Celes_betadesign.jpg
75KB, 900x791px
>>9218009
Not the worst, but her beta looks a lot better to me.
Wouldn't it have been great if she had a playing card boarder print?
>>
File: Maaka.Anju.full.828107.jpg (234KB, 1200x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Maaka.Anju.full.828107.jpg
234KB, 1200x1214px
Anju was my introduction into lolita many years ago :)
>>
>>9218333
Such a fucking good underrated series holy shit
>>
>>9216235
>>Do you watch anime?
No

Because their target group is gross men?
>>
>>9216235
I can't think of one example of what I would call a good lolita in any anime or manga so I asked my most otaku anime/manga nerd friend who keeps a database of the massive amount he watches and reads. He couldn't think of one either.
>>
>>9216235
>Do you watch anime?
Yes

Usually no, they are a hot mess most of the time. Exceptions have been Luna (from your OP pic), Sakura (CLAMP had improved over the years) and that girl from project K that I can't remember the name of because she isn't very important to the plot.

Yes. I always gated the bad ita examples because they just look like shit, but I grew up on Cardcaptor Sakura and I was definitely influenced by their Lolita influenced style. I won't say its Lolita because most of the time it isn't, but the poofy skirts and frills and shit turned me onto it.

Probably because the creators don't bother to do research, just like baby itas don't, and it's easier to just throw on what you want than to try to follow the rules of an obscure fashion.

Also not asked, but Dozen Maiden was shit and I hate the obsession with it. The outfits are much better than most anime 'Lolita' but they still don't look that good, the collabs are uggo, and the anime itself is trash. Just brings more cosplayers in which males it hard to say "its not a costume."

I at least like the clothes designs from Gosick.
>>
>>9218004
>>9218366
Right. I'm also trash and I love Ciel's outfits. Might bee because he's small and angsty and a cute little shota but I think in terms of accuracy to actual jfash, ciel is probably one of the best. Of course there is still the cosplays issue with him.
>>
A lot of anime showcases characters living in the past. I'd say the outfits draw from the Victorian and Rococo outfits...

Which were really frilly and ugly.
>>
File: Frederica_Bernkastel.png (94KB, 200x449px) Image search: [Google]
Frederica_Bernkastel.png
94KB, 200x449px
>Do you watch anime?
Yes, though not as much as I used to, and not the same things that I used to. I was really into magical girl anime especially, and still have a huge soft spot for it.

My first anime was Chobits, which by now is pretty well known as every ita's first Milanoo cosplay dress source. If an anime 'lolita' pops up in a series I happen to be watching I tend to ignore it since they're so inaccurate, but the few times when a decent-looking one appears I'm always pleasantly surprised.

I'd actually really love an anime about Lolitas, especially a SOL.

I think I'm the same as >>9218017 on this one. I wouldn't know about Lolita if not for anime, at the very least. It's definitely an influence on what I wear normally, though. I particularly like cute skirts, especially full ones, and OTKs.

Pretty much what everyone else has said already; lack of research, etc. Slightly unrelated, but a huge pet peeve of mine is whenever one of these 'anime lolitas' or any character with a poofy skirt appears, nobody ever draws a petticoat underneath. The force keeping it where it is is probably the same one keeping all their crazy hairstyles static.
>>
>>9218527
It must be a hoop skirt.
>>
Modern ornate print designs are probably absolute hell to animate so it's only natural that they stick to older plain color looks.
>>
File: new game ep 8 prepared lolita.jpg (79KB, 870x490px) Image search: [Google]
new game ep 8 prepared lolita.jpg
79KB, 870x490px
>>Do you watch anime?
Tons. Long before I got into lolita, and still to this day.
Very very very few
>>Did anime or manga influence you at any point as a lolita?
I didn't know lolita dresses were way cuter than represented in anime for a long time. I missed out on the release years I would have really enjoyed.
For the same reason they don't get many things right, their main goal (most) is to make something marketable. Characters that can be recognized by silhouette, hit certain tropes and key buying demographics (read horny dweebs here), not a copyright infringement, and of course they probably only know lolita fashion from the outside or a rough introduction.

I like Iijima Yun as for once a fun casual lifestyle lolita character that has a roll out organizer stocked with a tea set and snacks. (I do that.) The outfits aren't perfect but you can see clearly with her classical inspired work outfits how easy it is to tone down the look by getting a longer skirt and going easy on hair accessories in a much more realistic way.
>>
>>9218322
Yeah! that would have been very cool.
To be honest I really love her attitude and how she drinks a lot of royal milk tea. I used to drink a lot of it when the game was in really popular back in 2013. I might do a coord slightly inspired on her in the future (I don't like fandom coords).
>>
>>9218333
What anime is this?
>>
>>9216235
>posts loli foot fetish picture as OP
pig disgusting
>>
File: Kushina.Anna.full.1289466.jpg (124KB, 1200x869px) Image search: [Google]
Kushina.Anna.full.1289466.jpg
124KB, 1200x869px
>>9218366
>project K
But anon she becomes the Red King or something (watched it with a friend, never knew abuout the anime before that day and didnt remember it until right now)
Also agree that she doesn't look as ita as other examples. Could be an oldschool faux pass
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9218738
The fuck? Dude the dress is cute and nobody cares about feet.
>>
>>9218739
I never liked her. She was pointless in season 1, and desu season 2 was just bad in general. Her personality was nonexistent and then suddenly they just thrust one into her and... i could go on for days about how much I dislike her lmao
>>
Found this anime while on google. It has some characters inspired in weeb lolita.
>>
File: Vivi.jpg (104KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
Vivi.jpg
104KB, 640x453px
>>9218752
>>
>>9218753
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 251x201px
>>9218754
She looks like a fucking seagull engulfing a fish righ here. It just needs a perfect caption.
>>
>>9218737
Cheeky Vampire / Karin
>>
>>
>>
File: image.gif (47KB, 542x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
47KB, 542x605px
>>
>>9218527
>nobody ever draws a petticoat underneath.
Laziness/lack of research. Magical girl anime seems to acknowledge petticoats more than anime "lolitas"
>>
File: tumblr_n8iuovgrRe1slqcxko1_500.png (296KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8iuovgrRe1slqcxko1_500.png
296KB, 500x284px
>>9218763
Stocking has a couple of cute outfits, I can't seem to find full photos though
>>
File: stockingoutfits.jpg (396KB, 952x1684px) Image search: [Google]
stockingoutfits.jpg
396KB, 952x1684px
>>9218763
Managed to find the pic with all her other outfits too
>>
>>9218756
something something baito desu
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x498px
>>
>>9218934

front
page
>>
>>9218970
CHAIKA ON THE FRONT PAGE
>>
File: 2014-06-11-654442.png (533KB, 620x876px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-11-654442.png
533KB, 620x876px
>>9218976
mwee
>>
File: Gi(a)rlish Number.png (723KB, 587x961px) Image search: [Google]
Gi(a)rlish Number.png
723KB, 587x961px
>>9216235
>>9218333
Man, both those animes are such a blast from the past.

>Do you watch anime?
Yeah quite a bit
It really depends on the character, it's annoying when they're too ita or kawaii-acting (unless if fake kawaii where you can see them being bitchy and "real" when they drop the acting)
Same as most old weebs, I loved Chii and I loved Moon Phase as well. Never really did anything to incorporate anime looks in my coords though.
Because the creators value character design over fashion accuracy. Lolita dresses are usually expensive and they want to be able to sell as much merchandise as possible, so they work with the weeb image of lolita fashion and never go any further then that.

Gi(a)rlish Number seems to have a somwhat lolita character in it, could be a bit longer but it could work as a lolita OP. I also love how bitchy all the characters in it are.
>>
>>9216235
>Do you watch anime?
Yeah, though it doesn't influence in my fashion that much. I like street snaps and magazine ads better, convined with pictures of other girls
I never watched an anime just because it had lolita in it. It actually makes me cringe how ita they are most of the time.
Not really, though I feel that anime still has that "broken doll" or "malevolent girl" feeling that Novala Takemoto previously stated. Though most characters are just weaboo material.
Because it is produced by men, for men, and not by girls into lolita, for lolita.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>
File: Biscuit_Chimera_Ant_arc_anime.png (724KB, 671x1253px) Image search: [Google]
Biscuit_Chimera_Ant_arc_anime.png
724KB, 671x1253px
>>
File: BAITO.jpg (92KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
BAITO.jpg
92KB, 251x201px
>>9218829
there it is
>>
File: Figma Kuroneko 03.jpg (162KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Figma Kuroneko 03.jpg
162KB, 1200x1600px
>>9218195
>tfw she is a proper lolita
>>
>>9218527
>nobody draws a petticoat underneath
for this reason, when i got into lolita
(through moonphase, the OP image)
I didn't think I needed a petticoat. my mom called me retarded and said "you think the dress will just stay up on its own? use your head"
>>
>>9219328
I love your mom.
>>
File: 1359017839512.jpg (112KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1359017839512.jpg
112KB, 600x600px
>>9216235
her toes look really weird
>>
>>9218333
I'm glad to see that other people remember this series. It was one of the first manga I ever owned (never watched the anime). Anju was one of my all time favourite characters for a few years. You've brought back some great memories, anon. :')
>>
>>9218183
I still would love to see some of Chi's outfits created with actual quality material by a skilled seamstress.

I love her outfits but nobody ever creates them with anything more than costume satin and cheap lace.
>>
File: beauty-pop-volume-7.jpg (53KB, 189x285px) Image search: [Google]
beauty-pop-volume-7.jpg
53KB, 189x285px
>Do you watch anime?
Not really. I have a few that I like but I wouldn't call myself an anime fan.
I like a lot of Ai Yazawa's manga but not really because they have jfashion influences.
I did like manga and anime more when I first got into lolita but I don't think it really influenced me actually wearing the fashion. Since I only got enough courage 6 years after first being exposed to it to actually wear it and in that time my interest in manga and anime has shifted to basically zero I would say I take no inspiration at all from it anymore.
First of all getting lolita fashion correct does require fairly intricate knowledge about the fashion. Even a year after I was first exposed to the fashion, looking through livejournal, GLBs, and the AP/Baby website I still drew the most ita shit ever.

Also animating the intricate details in lolita is hard it's a lot easier to simplify (and in this process make ita) a design to animate or constantly redraw it.

Also some old shit manga I liked back in like 2006 for the nostalgia.
>>
>Do you watch anime?
Not particularly. I'm more into Western entertainment. I still enjoy Sailor Moon, Utena, The Slayers, and Princess Tutu.

I do, mostly because it pushes the boundaries and always leaves an influential mark on the fashion. I love seeing collabs, too. One of my favorite results is seeing properly done Lolita that is based on what is seen in the anime/manga so what would be ita is now nice.

Maybe Sailor Moon at most.

They aren't Lolita. They just see the aesthetic and don't really understand. My first exposure to Lolita was through BJD collabs with BTSSB, and it still took me years of lurking before I came to understand the fashion as I do now. They also have to appeal to weebs who want some ass and titties, who want to see thighs.
>>
File: p.png (951KB, 900x726px) Image search: [Google]
p.png
951KB, 900x726px
>Do you watch anime?
Yes. Magical girl/slice of life and anything artsy.
Rozen Maiden is hailed as "lolita animu must watch!!" but I never got it, I watched the 2013 and wish Peach-Pit would wrap it up. I like fashion related anime, Im sad its not as popular a thing as it was nowadays. Lolita characters are more of a stereotype to some creators so its nice when some do take the time to research brands/looks.
I was going to try a magical girl look at one point but never went through with it. It did influence me being into sweet for a while.
With harems/comedy slice of life its never done right, its a stereotype and a joke to be made. Like gals in the late 90s/early 2000s but has lasted up to now. Lolita is shown well when research is made, my favourite is P-chan from Gokinjo Monogatari with her very of the time classic sweet lolita looks. Some of her outfits are super wtf but its great. Others being Stocking, Yun(new game) and Miwako.
>>
File: LLSS_S1Ep5_215.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LLSS_S1Ep5_215.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: wrongstyle.png (530KB, 759x446px) Image search: [Google]
wrongstyle.png
530KB, 759x446px
>>
>Do you watch anime?
not as much as I used to. Always down for non-otaku magical girl series or sports anime
Not bc they have 'lolita' characters in them, but I have liked a few
I don't mind incorporating low key magical girl things into my coords but not really
two entirely different subcultures with entirely different values
>>
>>9217989
I'm really loving the style in this show, the cover art doesn't do it justice
>>
File: Liechtenstein.png (101KB, 286x598px) Image search: [Google]
Liechtenstein.png
101KB, 286x598px
I think APH Liechtenstein counts. I've even seen an HMHM dress that looks like a cosplay of her
>>
From the days when 99% of "lolita" characters looked ita as fuck, she was one of the 1% that didn't.
>>
>>9216235
>Do you watch anime?
yes
Yes, but it's mostly manga with the lolita esque characters, like Akuma to love song, x day, and lots of shoujos
nope, I found lolita through cosplay (basically through browsing cgl originally for cosplay, but thought lolita was cute)
I feel like most writers don't bother to research it and often just try to mash in fanservice. shoujo manga on the other hand usually is written by one (usually) girl, which obviously lessens the chance of fashion fuck ups since a) it's just one person b) shoujos tend not to have that much fan service c) most girl writers tend to be more in touch with fashion
>>
File: Candice White Adley.jpg (71KB, 576x420px) Image search: [Google]
Candice White Adley.jpg
71KB, 576x420px
>Do you watch anime?
Not as much as I used to. I'm pretty picky with series. I usually go for magical girl stuff if I feel like getting invested or slice-of-life comedy if not.

Only if the story is good, otherwise, I don't care.

Not really. I liked frilly, poofy clothes seen in places like Chobits, but I didn't get into lolita through anime.

Artists/writers don't really care enough to research what's lolita and up to date; I think part of it has to do with what elements seems iconic. You think they would care since there are first hand resources. Most characters who wear something remotely frilly tend to be side characters or they'd wear "lolita" for a few episodes because it's part of the driving story.
>>
>>9218527
god this bitch is so hard to play in the fighting game
why are keep-away characters so damn hard to pull combos off with?
>>
>>9216270
>asuka is the most ita
worst girl confirmed
>>
>>9219601
Oh my god, she looks adorable. Will rewatch tamers soon!
>>
File: 92 - OO asuka goth lolita skirt.jpg (144KB, 853x1208px) Image search: [Google]
92 - OO asuka goth lolita skirt.jpg
144KB, 853x1208px
>>9219612
oh anon
>>
>>9220030
just dumping 3 eva pics
>>
File: 2582.jpg (20KB, 256x336px) Image search: [Google]
2582.jpg
20KB, 256x336px
>>9220032
>>
File: momom.jpg (12KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
momom.jpg
12KB, 284x177px
>>
File: lolita-haruhi.jpg (181KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
lolita-haruhi.jpg
181KB, 800x537px
>>
>>9219601
>the days when 99% of "lolita" characters looked ita as fuck
You mean like now? I'm seeing very few character ITT who aren't ita as balls.
>>
File: Thumbelina A Magical Story.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbelina A Magical Story.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
I thought her clothes looked lolita enough even if that's not what they intended. In one scene they even drew her petticoat.
>>
File: Thumb_Princess_Story.jpg (42KB, 268x384px) Image search: [Google]
Thumb_Princess_Story.jpg
42KB, 268x384px
>>9220047
And another pic so you can see her shoes
>>
File: wRef8OB.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wRef8OB.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
And of course Shirobako https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucrYn8eLwgY
>>
File: índice.jpg (16KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
16KB, 284x177px
>>
File: 1278905686.jpg (49KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1278905686.jpg
49KB, 580x435px
>>
File: Princess.Princess.full.65345.jpg (1MB, 1500x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Princess.Princess.full.65345.jpg
1MB, 1500x1026px
>>
File: 1397887284214.jpg (157KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
1397887284214.jpg
157KB, 1500x843px
>>
>>9220059
Princess Princess was ita but weeb me loved it
>>
File: 1397881589328.jpg (333KB, 1500x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1397881589328.jpg
333KB, 1500x1075px
>>
File: pp-20.jpg (1MB, 3215x2270px) Image search: [Google]
pp-20.jpg
1MB, 3215x2270px
>>9220063
>>
>>9220063
Me too anon. I loved it as a teen.
>>
File: Princess.Princess.full.45598.jpg (61KB, 576x663px) Image search: [Google]
Princess.Princess.full.45598.jpg
61KB, 576x663px
>>9220066
>>
>>9220036
>>9220066
w-wait a second...
>>
File: Remilia.png (287KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Remilia.png
287KB, 800x600px
Some touhou characters look kind of lolita-ish.
>>
File: Misamisa.jpg (67KB, 1221x720px) Image search: [Google]
Misamisa.jpg
67KB, 1221x720px
I'm surprised there isn't any Misa Misa picture in this thread yet
>>
>>9220071
Oh my god
>>
File: Shoko_Sugawara_psycho-pass.png (227KB, 381x272px) Image search: [Google]
Shoko_Sugawara_psycho-pass.png
227KB, 381x272px
>>
>>9218370
Ciel's outfits are top notch
>into the trash with you I go
>>
File: snapshot20060630173313.jpg (40KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20060630173313.jpg
40KB, 640x368px
>>9220067
At least the live action Princess Princess had them wear actual lolita
>>
File: pripriyuloli.jpg (84KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
pripriyuloli.jpg
84KB, 530x318px
>>
File: tumblr_m739elOUHV1qlq0a8o1_500.gif (955KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m739elOUHV1qlq0a8o1_500.gif
955KB, 500x454px
Not really lolita itself but
>jellyfish dress
>>
File: Sunako-shiki.jpg (67KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sunako-shiki.jpg
67KB, 566x800px
>>
File: 12806541785_7a5d391b59.jpg (50KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
12806541785_7a5d391b59.jpg
50KB, 300x400px
>>
File: pen-blsk.jpg (129KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
pen-blsk.jpg
129KB, 600x425px
>>9220095
>>
File: 1437309584779.png (179KB, 931x884px) Image search: [Google]
1437309584779.png
179KB, 931x884px
>>
File: 1437313142687.jpg (179KB, 820x580px) Image search: [Google]
1437313142687.jpg
179KB, 820x580px
>>
File: 1437409451334.jpg (334KB, 913x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1437409451334.jpg
334KB, 913x1446px
>>
File: 1437460639660.png (726KB, 1012x694px) Image search: [Google]
1437460639660.png
726KB, 1012x694px
>>
File: 1437310107957.png (93KB, 197x320px) Image search: [Google]
1437310107957.png
93KB, 197x320px
>>
File: iKxot.jpg (370KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iKxot.jpg
370KB, 1920x1200px
>>9220071
Found a bigger version of >>9220036 and damn they look exactly the same
>>
>>9220059
I really love this art style, I wish it would have a popularity revival.

I don't care if lolita in anime and manga is not accurate as long as someone doesn't try to copy it in real life and call it lolita fashion instead of anime cosplay as a character.

>>9218019
Is my favorite

>>9216281
I like anime costumes that look like old, bad Bodyline.

If I was going to cosplay something in this type, I'd probably do a costume from CCS, a Rozen Maiden or Chii.
>>
File: 312417.jpg (277KB, 1092x1547px) Image search: [Google]
312417.jpg
277KB, 1092x1547px
>>9220071
>>9220110
>>9220066
Kyoani finds the way

Also posting my favorite. Really underrated series.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>9220080
She actually only wears a lolita outfit in one episode, the rest of the time she just looks goth.
>>
File: Cyan-img.png (501KB, 557x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cyan-img.png
501KB, 557x1000px
Cyan from Show By Rock is definitely lolita inspired. I feel like there were other characters but I'm unsure.
>>
File: akuma-to-love-song-3932155.jpg (259KB, 707x1201px) Image search: [Google]
akuma-to-love-song-3932155.jpg
259KB, 707x1201px
>>
>>9220059
shit boi almost forgot about this anime
trap anime is hard to come across....
>>
>>9220273
wich anime is this?

>>9216235
>Do you watch anime?
Only the ones that I consider my own old classics, like alien9 and kino no tabi
I really don't care
Nope
Because like that stupid quote from Miyazaki says, anime is trash.
>>
>>9220842
Not that anon but the anime is called Dantalian no Shoka. They did a Baby collab.
>>
>>9220305
her in-game bio says she loves "gothic lolita fashion" iirc.

>>9220037
oh man this brings back memories of my weeb days when i thought Haruhi's dress was ~totally gawffic rorita~ and wanted it so bad.
>>
File: IMG_2306.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2306.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>9220305
Chuchu seems very gyaru-inspired, Moa could have decora influences, and Retoree looks kind of nanchatte, but reminds me more of Akiba-kei for some reason. But I don't recall any more lolita inspired characters. (Fingers crossed for more this season, though!)
>>
>>9218333
Same. Honestly I don't care much for the series now but I always dawned over Anju's outfits.
>>
File: soq16nq2.jpg (94KB, 763x671px) Image search: [Google]
soq16nq2.jpg
94KB, 763x671px
>>9220058
>>9220054
I love this series with a passion.

My first real exposure to lolita (because Chobits does not count in the slightest) was that cute no. 1 BLAST fan in Nana, Misato.
>>
>>9220920
not to mention the entire gal band in the game! I love sir character designs
>>
>>9220938
*sbr
>>
File: pic2_3082jpeg.jpg (447KB, 1772x1329px) Image search: [Google]
pic2_3082jpeg.jpg
447KB, 1772x1329px
Ouran is my favorite series in the world and I would love to make a simple classic coord out of the girls uniform.
>>
File: ChibiVampire21.jpg (187KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ChibiVampire21.jpg
187KB, 723x1024px
>>9218333
was just about to post Anju! I loved her outfits so much, this series was by far one of my manga favourites.
>>
File: kagami_kuro_5575.jpg (29KB, 343x343px) Image search: [Google]
kagami_kuro_5575.jpg
29KB, 343x343px
>wants to vomit thinking about this series

This little shit wore lolita
>>
>Why no Lizzie??
I know Kuroshitsuji isn't technically lolita, but it was what got me into the fashion after years of lurking.
>>
>>9221002
And she has some really loliable outfits.
>>
File: 6IAccxT.png (670KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
6IAccxT.png
670KB, 640x465px
My sister loved Momo little devil and she had some cute outfits.
>>
File: 2qlyg5k.jpg (295KB, 640x885px) Image search: [Google]
2qlyg5k.jpg
295KB, 640x885px
Obligatory Sakura-chan
>>
>>9218762
As much as I love Lambda and Bern, they are pretty bad examples from Umineko.
>>
File: Ougon-evatrice-fullbody.jpg (362KB, 1000x1459px) Image search: [Google]
Ougon-evatrice-fullbody.jpg
362KB, 1000x1459px
>>9221010
>>
File: Maria_Ushiromiya.gif (87KB, 550x750px) Image search: [Google]
Maria_Ushiromiya.gif
87KB, 550x750px
>>9221012
>>
>>9221010
Isn't this copied from a VM ad? I have the comparison pic somewhere but I'm on my phone.
>>
>>9221053
Yeah I remember the image, I have it on my phone somewhere.
>>
>>9219431
I'm so happy someone posted her. P-chan is so cute and more people should know Gokinjo Monogatari
>>
>>9220920
Aileen from Bud Virgin Logic could maybe be lolita inspired? Dolly Dolce is all very yume kawaii too.
>>
>>9221013
She deserves to be bullied.
>>
>>9221204
I felt like such an awful person watching the anime and constantly thinking
>yeah, I'd smack that little shit too
>>
File: 275px-Star-sapphire-FW.png (110KB, 275x286px) Image search: [Google]
275px-Star-sapphire-FW.png
110KB, 275x286px
>>9220076
At least post star sapphire
>>
>>9221013
>>9221204
Same, I never liked that brat either.
>>
File: 015.png (135KB, 670x930px) Image search: [Google]
015.png
135KB, 670x930px
I'm not a lolita myself, but I thought the manga Complex Age was pretty interesting. There's only two chapters translated from what I can tell though (first one is about a Lolita and the second one is about a cosplayer).
>>
File: chunni.png (153KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
chunni.png
153KB, 438x750px
>>
File: kanzaki.jpg (98KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kanzaki.jpg
98KB, 833x1000px
>>9221602
>>
File: _20161014_170041.jpg (330KB, 1254x2430px) Image search: [Google]
_20161014_170041.jpg
330KB, 1254x2430px
>>9221563
What game is she from?
>>
>>9221634
Touhou project, she is Marisa Kirisame
>>
>>9221659

>>9221634
marisa
>>9221563
star sapphire
>>
File: Tabitha_advancewars.jpg (79KB, 355x809px) Image search: [Google]
Tabitha_advancewars.jpg
79KB, 355x809px
>>
>>9220066
all rook same
>>
>>9221661
>what game is she from?
>marisa
>>
>>9220047
>>9220048
I hated that fuckin sugar fairy and his shit voice acting. i wish he stayed dead
>>
>>9218315
This hurts me.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (29KB, 317x462px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
29KB, 317x462px
>>9219286
I mean, technically that outfit is a cosplay, but some of her casual outfits are still cute. Also although this outfit wasn't in the show, minus cat ears it almost looks legit.
>>
>>9221790
Come on anon, you know you want to go to the Land of South with me
>>
>>9219286
Still ita as fuck, anon
>>
File: ewwww.jpg (9KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
ewwww.jpg
9KB, 239x211px
>>
>>9221634
Stupid secondary
>>
>>9218333
Wooooah, blast to my early teens. I followed this series as it was still ongoing in translation. The localized name is cringe as fuck and almost turned me away from the series but I'm happy I gave it a chance; even if the end was kid of a clusterfuck and felt like a copout.

I have the rest of the series but it continues on to the next shelf.
>>
>>9223246
Also the anime doesn't exist. Nobody attempt to watch that.
>>
>>9219156
Underrated post.
Underrated series.
>>
File: tumblr_nny77hEa3Y1uu7l7wo1_500.png (326KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nny77hEa3Y1uu7l7wo1_500.png
326KB, 438x420px
You saw her for just .5 seconds but still
>>
>>9223253
Agreed!
>>
File: tumblr_oerhbybPPW1vgpjaqo2_1280.png (451KB, 540x735px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oerhbybPPW1vgpjaqo2_1280.png
451KB, 540x735px
Why do anime itas always wear black, white, and/or red
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 119

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.