[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corset thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 22999183141_dd2066ebfc.jpg (63KB, 386x500px) Image search: [Google]
22999183141_dd2066ebfc.jpg
63KB, 386x500px
Let's have a corset thread!
I'll start off with a few questions I have myself:
1. I'm kinda chubby (losing about 5kg), how do you conceal/get rid of the kinda muffin top between your boobs and corset? My shapewear doesn't work.
2. Is it dangerous to wear it for a few hours under a cosplay when you've never worn it before?
>>
>>9214718
1. Long line bra with boning in it
2. Only if it doesn't fit well and compresses a nerve or something. You'd probably be aware of that though since it would be uncomfortable. Ideally you should season your corset first though.
>>
>>9214718
Anyone got any recs for corset brands?
>>
>>9214893
The best of-the-rack is definitely Mystic City Corsets imo. It is waaaay more comfortable than any I have ever had before, creates a really curvy silhouette like a real corset should and gave me way more reduction than any other corset brand I've tried. Could not recommend enough, still salty I ever wasted money on orchard corsets and timeless trends and stupid anime con corsets
>>
>>9214893
Isabella Corsetry, What Katie Did.
>>
>>9214718
You need to break in your corset. There are a few methods but it seems to be around 2 weeks with you wearing it daily for a few hours. It is worth the time as you will fit it much better. One thing is that your body will get used to it, you can practice dealing with it, and you will be able to close it better after seasoning.

You also need to think about your costume and how to hide the bulk of the corset.
>>
>>9214971
What's wrong with Orchard? I have one of their basic waist trainers which seems to be fine for me but I don't have any frame of reference for what's good or bad.
>>
custom is basically the only way to get rid of the muffin top.
>>9215023
^ this
>>9215343
I have one of their waspies and I like it. It's great for the price and I waist train for nearly 23 hours a day. only take it off for yoga and showers.
>>
>>9214718
I've been corset training for about a year, and before that about of year of waist training. Regarding the "wearing a corset for the first time in cosplay" question, it's fine as long as it's loose.
The first time I put on a waist trainer, I could barely breath and I think I maybe lasted two hours or an hour and a half before having to take it off.
You got to build up if you want to use it for results, which by me, results will happen.
First time I put on a corset though I literally had to slow down my breathing and had to manually breath, it was kinda funny and scary at the same time.
So know what you're working with.
What's your weight, by the way?
>>
>>9215023
Isabella corsetry is the one I'm currently using now in a size 20, and it's amazing.
Need to go down to an 18 if possible though.
>>
>>9215343
Seconding. I have an Orchard corset and I love it. Super comfy.
>>
>>9215410
Adding to this, when you first wear a trainer, wear it cinched snug, but not tight. As it breaks in you can start training for real. If you go full bore you won't have the stamina to wear it for multiple hours. >>9215343
There's nothing wrong with them, but for off the rack you get what you're paying for, middle of the road.
>>9214718
For your muffin top, you might want to consider abandoning the style you're using and getting a different cut, compression wear and extra layers can only take you so far.
>>
>>9215343
Orchard is just not curvy enough for a lot of people, particularly those who can achieve larger waist reductions or people (like myself) who can't tolerate much ribcage compression. I need corsets that have at least 9" difference between the waist and underbust to avoid putting pressure on my ribcage (5" difference between my uncorseted waist and underbust, plus I can reduce 4").
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap, preferably skin-tone colored-ish corset that's thin enough to wear under everyday clothing? I'm mostly just in desperate need of something to fix my posture with and I looked up what would be best and found that an underbust bustier/vest-type corset would be best, but finding something affordable has been impossible.
>>
>>9215660
also interested in this
>>
>>9215660
>>9215672
Thin enough to wear under everyday clothing is difficult. If you look at corset blogs a lot of them are about 'stealthing' a corset, basically if you have the steel boning and lacing you have to hide it somehow. It really depends on your everyday clothing - if you typically wear, say, a more structured shirt and blazer with an A-line skirt that will be much easier to stealth under than a drapey chiffon blouse and pants.
Leatherotics currently have a sale (with extra discount until the 15th October, there's a promo code somewhere) and are reviewed positively by Lucy Corsetry, one of the most informed and well respected corset bloggers around. The 1811 underbust is available for something like 25 quid in black with white piping. However they are not going to be corsets to wear for a lot of reduction as they are very much a gentle, modern silhouette which may work better if you just want them for back support.
>>
>>9215641
>ribcage compression
I actually want to reduce my very flared ribcage as my waist is already a reasonable size, should I menion that in the orchard help/fitting form?
>>
File: waist.jpg (21KB, 485x473px) Image search: [Google]
waist.jpg
21KB, 485x473px
I've been waist training for two months and pretty satisfied with the results.
Been wanting to buy a proper corset, mine is just a fancy waist trainer (steel boning and all but only clasps, no lacing) and I have already seen results.

Pic related, before and after one month superimposed on each other.
>>
>>9221209
Link to your waist trainer?
>>
>>9221199
You will still need a corset that can fit your ribcage higher up - you can only reshape your floating ribs (i.e. the lower two/the ones that aren't attached at the back) so you will need to make sure the top of the corset isn't too tight in order to be able to breathe. Since the Orchard Corset silhouette is tapered ribcages rather than cupped I don't think you need to mention it in your fitting form.
>>
>>9223436
Thank you for the info anon, I ordered one after speaking to the staff and filling the advice form
>>
I'm looking to get a centimeter or two off my waist to better fit in lolita skirts, which is the best option: wearing a steel boned corset, waist training, or spandex shapewear?
>>
>>9223793
Spanx. Corsets add as much bulk as they take away, it just ends up in a different shape.
>>
>>9215410
>What's your weight, by the way?
At the moment I'm 62kg at 1M64. I've worn my corset once just around the house for about 3 hours and then I got kinda sick of it. I didn't have trouble breathing though so I'm happy about that! I'm going to wear it more often now though, before I'll wesr it to a con.
>>
>>9223793
If you decide to go with a corset, be aware that they can push up your bust a bit. There are a few dresses I don't wear my corset with, because it makes the fit awkward. I'm already busty, and these are mainly my tighter-fitting dresses. But I can reduce my waist by up to 5in, which could easily help fit into a skirt that's a bit small. Just make sure your blouse has a little room to spare in the bust.

If you want to waist train, you need to be dedicated to it. I've lost 2in off my waistline since starting, but that's after wearing my corset almost everyday for half a year. It's worth it if you love the shape it gives you. But if you just want to fit your skirts better, it might honestly be easier to lose a few pounds.
>>
>>9223794
I'll look into it then, thanks.

>>9226341
I'm not busty at all-- I actually wear push up bras with most of my dresses lol-- so I figure it wouldn't be an issue for mass to get displaced.
I'm on the low end of weight for my height so I dunno, I guess I just have a straight torso or something? I have noticeable abdominal muscles too so maybe that has an effect.

Anyway I took a quick measurement and holding the tape normally I have a 69~70 cm waist and if I pull it tight it can go down to 67cm. Hopefully I can train down to that?
>>
>>9226384
It sounds like you aren't particularly squishy - I have visible upper abdominal muscles but at my waist I squish a good 2-3" by pulling the tape tight. For reference I can reduce 5" for 12 hours or so without discomfort - I don't waist train per se but I have spent long periods of time in a corset before. If you have fairly developed abdominal muscles then they can add bulk to your waist as well.
If you want to try making your waist smaller and you don't think you have much fat or weight to lose corseting may well be a suitable option but it is a big commitment and can be a significant investment if you don't fit off the rack corsets well.
If you just want to get into a skirt then good quality shapewear is usually the fastest option, as if you can only lace down a couple inches then your external corseted measurement is likely to still be the same as your waist due to the bulk the corset adds.
>>
File: corsets[1].jpg (408KB, 975x620px)
corsets[1].jpg
408KB, 975x620px
Those who have made their own corset, what patterns have you used (if any)? Was considering these but I hear mainstream pattern brands have weird corset sizing.
>>
>>9227501
The trouble with mainstream patterns is that they include ease on a garment that is designed for waist *reduction*
The Truly Victorian Laughing Moon corset pattern is most people's first bought pattern, or you can try drafting your own based on Foundations Revealed (which is one of the best resources for making corsets)
>>
>>9227625
derp, did not write what I mean.
Truly Victorian and Laughing Moon are different companies but both are recommended as good 'first corset' patterns.
>>
Can anyone recommend the best place for corsets in Australia?
>>
First time corset wearer: I bought a Timeless Trends waist cincher on sale in whatever they call their standard, not hourglass silhouette just to hold down my blouses in lolita Unfortunately, it's so tubular that it seems to be less curvy than my actual proportions and it's really uncomfortable around my hips. I've worn it for a few days, for a few hours at a time and it's molded a little better to my body. Is this normal? Should I just keep "seasoning" it, or should I give up and buy a corset with a bigger waist-to-hip ratio?
>>
>>9227693
It shouldn't be that uncomfortable. Give up and get a curvier corset

>>9227683
Depends what you want them for. The best places are custom corsetieres but they're also going to cost a packet.
>>
>>9227693
Try restyle. Really good prince and more curvy than most OTR's
>>
>>9227693
Did you get the right size? You buy 3 to 4 inches smaller than your own waist usually. Different cuts also suit different figures, and there are many brands and styles out there.
>>
>>9227728
I did buy the right size (27 inch waist, size 24) but the center of the corset can't really compress anything because my hips are in the way. I guess I'll just buy a different one like >>9227705 said.

>>9227727
thanks for the rec!
>>
>>9227803
if it makes a tube shape it's most likely too big. try a size down from where you are. additionally timeless trends isn't the best for off the rack. i have a plain cotton underbust from orchard corset and it's really comfortable and breathable.
>>
>>9232033
If it's making a tube shape it's a tube shaped corset, nothing necessarily to do with the sizing being too big. >>9227803 clearly mentioned that it's putting pressure around the hips which means that it's the wrong shape and they actually need a different, curvier corset.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.