[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth cosplaying characters that are not easily identifable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Is it worth cosplaying characters that are not easily identifable? Most of the characters I wanna cosplay are plain clothes and look like normal people.
>>
>>9210364
Do they have any accesories that you could add to make them more recognizable? A prop that would make sense?

I've found that cosplays like that can really be taken that extra step since the outfit itself is so simple. Try to add your own touches to bring the character to life more.
>>
File: ammy.jpg (61KB, 666x375px) Image search: [Google]
ammy.jpg
61KB, 666x375px
>>9210364
>tfw you will never be as cute as a cosplaying dog
Why even live.
>>
>>9210370

What if they have no accessories? I think it'd just be easier to carry evidence that they exist, like a photo of them.
>>
>>9210364
maybe if you tried dressing up as characters from your own species it'd be more recognizable
>>
>>9210644
Or, better yet, tape the photo of them to your face
>>
>>9210364
It depends if your motivation is to get attention, or to have fun.
>>
>>9210364
>these bitches cosplaying for attention
I bet they didn't even read the books.
>>
>>9210364
No OP. I've done that before and felt like I wasted my time and money. The way I see it if people can't recognize your cosplay you might as well have gone in your regular clothes. Regardless cosplaying people in "plain" clothes is barely worth calling a cosplay. I mean since it sounds like they wear regular clothes might as well "cosplay" them anyways.
>>
>>9210364
>Is it worth cosplaying characters that are not easily identifable?
Only if the cosplay is simple and cheap, or extremely elaborate and amazing that people will like your cosplay even though they don't recognize it.
>>
I think it's worth it if either if 1) you know other fans will recognize you, 2) you can get cool photos, or 3) people will think it looks cool regardless of whether they recognize it.
1 and 3 are less about plainclothes cosplay and more just about very very obscure cosplay, and 2 can be anything.
Short answer, not worth it if you want attention, maybe worth it if you want to meet people or get neat photo ops.
>>
It really depends on whether or not you cosplay for the sole purpose of being recognized, or cosplay out of love for the character.

I do a lot of cosplays that are of background characters or from stuff that was never really popular or has been forgotten over time. Compared to the times I've done more well-known and easily recognizable characters it feels 200% better to be recognized by 1 person as a simple-designed character from some lesser known series because you know that person is a genuine fan instead of just someone who latched onto a passing craze like a majority of anime and game fans out there nowadays.
>>
>>9210364

if you really like the character, sure. just don't get upset if people don't recognize you.

an easy way to make it more obvious you're cosplaying, though, is to do it in a group, especially if the normal-looking clothes are something like a uniform or suits.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.