[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita Blogging Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: lbc.jpg (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
lbc.jpg
36KB, 250x250px
Let's discuss some topic ideas, favourite blogs, layouts, or link to your blog. Haven't seen one of these threads in a while!

Lolita Blog Directory (hasn't been updated in a few months): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yO9r--waeN1UbKJJM92uJPu4mmTm0jU4I5eTnuqeUDg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>9203380
Man I remember that blog collective. Sweet memories
>>
>>9203380
it makes me so sad that lolita blogging seems to be dying. I don't quite understand why. normie fashion blogs don't seem to have an issue integrating with modern social media, why can't lolita make it work?
>>
>>9203467
I think that people are simply losing interest in it. The most well known bloggers (F Yeah Lolita, Parfait Doll, etc.) update sparsely or haven't updated at all in a very long time, and the smaller bloggers either don't provide content that hasn't been covered before or are not well known enough to garner a lot of interest.
It's too bad, really, I do enjoy following blogs about the fashion and reading what people have to say about it.
>>
>>9203467
I also love reading blogs (and writing my own), but I think most people switched to blogging through Facebook, Instagram etc. because it is easier, less time consuming etc. I have over 300 blogs on my feed, but only ~30 still update from time to time (not counting blogs who update like 2 times per year).

And also I think it became harder to write "informative" blogposts, because every Lolita topic has been already discussed a hundred times. So you can more or less only write about events, meet-ups etc.

As for normie fashion blogs, I don't really follow any of them, but I would say most of them don't write about acutal fashion topics, it's more that people follow them because they want to know more about their personal (awesome) life, or those blogs live from "clickbait" titles or life advice stuff
>>
>>9203493
honestly, I follow a lot of regular fashion blogs that do post about nothing but clothes and do so regularly. there might be that there is a set idea of what a lolita blog should be (ie, carnival style topics) but honestly people could just post coords regularly and write why they styled them the way they did.
>>
>>9203497
Ah okay, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah people could do it, but I think that's why they aren't so many blogs anymore, because they all just post their outfits to insta etc. (just my personal opinion).
(And personally I also don't click on just outfit posts because I want to read stuff, I want at least some information about the meet-up or whereever they have worn their outfit)
>>
You guys are giving me a little bit of hope. I want to start a blog now that I'm back in the game but realize I kind of missed my time. But like >>9203473 and >>9203493 have said, what informative posts are there to write that haven't been rehashed to death? I'm thinking lolita-related crafting posts and lifestyle lolita stuff, but at a loss for the rest. Need something else to provide besides coord posts, because they're pretty but not all that interesting.
>>
>>9203574
New releases and what your opinion is on them, events (like brand tea parties or events like RuffleCon, or even "smaller" things like holidays), your thoughts about the fashion in general, your personal opinions and commentary on "hot topics" like the daily lolita/conlita discourse (you don't have to "pick a side", just express your opinion on it), things of the sort.
There are plenty of other topics that have been discussed before but can always be discussed again if you have anything new to bring to the table so keep that in mind too.
>>
>>9203574
Beyond reviews, I think comparisons of different types of the same things are good. Comparing construction quality and stuff. Comparing the quality of 5 different brands of shoes is more useful than reviewing one, desu, since so many reviews are the blind leading the blind, with someone calling X brand "great quality" even though they've never tried any others.
>>
For the love of god, will someone write up a nice post about how to list things on Lacemarket? I realize that its not a super complicated topic but between shitty pictures, no measurements, and vague shipping prices, I find myself skipping past so many listings. Make your stuff look good if you want to sell it!

On an unrelated note, what platforms are you bloggers/blog readers on?
>>
>>9203473
I definitely think new content and new approaches to old topics are necessary for a Lolita blog to work now. So many I see aren't very well written, or don't cover much ground topic wise.

I keep thinking about starting a blog but I feel like it's difficult to come up with enough posts to keep it updating regularly. I wonder about trying to connect with a few other people in the fashion and doing a collective blog sometimes too
>>
>>9203574
I think lifestyle ideas and crafting are actually not that much covered and I would find it interesting to read. Also writing about bigger events/conventions is always insteresting.
>>
>>9203493
Plus normie blogs do a lot of reviews, at least the ones I've seen. In the lolita world the brands are pretty well established so unless someone is consistently one of the first people to receive the newest brand release and post about it, or constantly trying out new and unproven indie and Taobao brands, there's not much need or interest in reviews.
>>
>>9204505
idk... even with "proven" taobao brands I would appreciate reviews. hell, even with brand. I feel like everyone is so starry eyed when it comes to brand the assumption is its always up to the same or similar quality, which isn't always the case. if you're the type of person buys new brand, why not?

other options:
>lucky pack openings
>how you organize all your shit/money
>ss reviews
>wardrobe building tips
>meetup recaps, suggestions for running meetups, dos and donts for attending meetups, anything meetup related
>reporting on trends
>off brand reviews & suggestions on how not to make off brand ita
>crafting, handmade & diy tutorials
>interviews with indie shop owners
>color theory
>im always a sucker for "1 piece 49492 ways"
>tips for getting proper measurements
>how to tell quality ____
>detailed history of lolita posts if that's your thing

there's a million things people can do, I think people just expect you have to be fyeahlolita. if you post regularly, you're already ahead of 90% of blogs out there

(thinking maybe I should start one... I read enough of them...)
>>
File: whatkindofwhite.jpg (101KB, 550x410px) Image search: [Google]
whatkindofwhite.jpg
101KB, 550x410px
Despite the backlash she gets, I actually liked reading Parfait Doll up until I read this article
>http://www.parfaitdoll.com/2016/07/what-kind-of-white-are-you.html
kek what even was this
>>
>>9204520
haha honestly same. I was going though her blog the other day like "hmm I can get behind most of this... what the FUCK???"
>>
>>9204520
>expecting her to start doing some social justice shit
>its just a long fucking blog post of "I fetisize asian cultures so much I'm hardly even white anymore"

haha what the fuck, I would have preferred social justice shit
>>
>>9204520
oh wow she's really grasping at those SJW straws and bodypos bullshit
>grow your instagram following
She's very obviously desperate for clicks
>>
>>9204520
Hahaha what bullshit. Victoria "I HAVE PINK HAIR" Suzanne Charlotte Sparkle Unicorn Whatever and her schnoz would hardly be mistaken for a cute Asian girl. It's really common for Asian people to ask if you're mixed. It's some weird kind of compliment. I get it too despite clearly being white trash. It means nothing, but of course she desperately wants it to.
>>
>>9204520
lol oh my god, is this serious? this is really embarrassing. all i got from this was "wah, i'm not asian, but everybody thinks i am so that makes me special! race dysphoria!"

then again i read it with my salt goggles on because i'm really sick of people who aren't Japanese/Korean/whatever pulling this shit. girl needs to stick to articles about clothes because this is super ignorant.
>>
>>9203894
Dude I will do it. I have a blog for lolita but haven't updated in a while.
>>
File: 1474941789764.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474941789764.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>9204520
>What if I pass on broken language that doesn’t fit in anywhere? What if I don’t tell my children what it means to be Asian, and everyone else tells them instead, encapsulated in stereotypes of Bruce Lee and nail salons? Am I even qualified to do either?

What the fuck am I even reading here? Holy shit, is this for real? I can tell she's not that bad of a person from her other posts, seems nice enough, but this perspective she has is really mind boggling.
>>
One of my favourite lolita blogs, and the one that taught me the most about lolita, is gone. I want to write about some of the topics I read on there to inform newbies but I'm afraid it would be seen as copying.
>>
>>9204763
If the information serves a functional purpose to the community, I see no reason why you can't pass it on. Helpful information is erased and recreated all the time.
>>
>>9204763
If it's gone from the internet now, I think writing similar posts is actually a pretty good idea
>>
>>9204520
>They groan every time they see the rice cooker on for dinner and they are pretty sick of me dragging them to sushi restaurants, where they order chicken teriyaki. My mom cringes when I go to town on a Korean fried fish with a pair of chopsticks. They are exasperated with my pet collection of languages and evenings watching Asian dramas. In my own house with visiting cousins, I’ve been called a race traitor.

I live in australia, we're really multicultural and it's really common for us to use chopsticks, eat from 7 different countries and every second person knows a second language. This stuff she describes hardly seems interesting or wierd at all to me.
>>
>>9204763
which bog was it? a couple of my faves lost their domains recently and it was so sad...
>>
>>9204520
I'm not exaggerating when I say I can't believe this is real. It reads like a parody article. I expect this of a random tumblr user, not a prominent lolita, too. Social justice really is invasive in people's lives and makes people goddamn stupid.
>>
>>9203894
I use bloglovin

>>9204763
Also curious which blog it was. I wonder why some people erase their whole blogs instead of just not updating it anymore
>>
>>9205183
Is bloglovin any good on mobile? Currently I use feedly, but can't really comment without getting redirected to web view. I do wish people updated more often.

Any suggestions for blogs to follow that aren't just haul posts?
>>
Any good blogs of girls who wear Lolita everyday? And post their daily outfits a lot?
>>
>>9205183
in the case of the blog I liked, tit looks like they never renewed their domain. it's understandable. domains cost money and they would have had to /remember/ to do it. two things I don't fault you for if you're not really blogging any more
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 400x374px
>>9209184
it*
>>
>>9204520
I was laughing until I realised it wasn't satire. I wonder if people who are actually mixed/Asian laughed at this because I found her examples of Asian-ness 'MUH CHOPSTICKS AND RICECOOKER' hilarious.
>>
>>9209275
you're right, my sis and i are hafu and were bewildered by this fuckin article. "MY FAMILY LOOKS AT ME FUNNY FOR MY RICECOOKER. I UNDERSTAND THE ASIAN STRUGGLE." gave us a chuckle.

looking through bloggers like this and realizing that most of them are dumbasses makes me wish there were more authentic lolita/jfashion bloggers. i have a feeling those blogs are hard to come by since most people put themselves out there for the attention and the validation.
>>
>>9209126
Yes Bloglovin is good on mobile too, you can read (most) blogs within the app, but you can't comment on them either. It has an overall simple design which I like.

>>9209184
Ah ok, most people use free blogs so I didn't thought about it
>>
I write a life style blog that's more about the things I get up to than just purely lolita fashion. Otherwise I feel like I just don't have enough content.

Do you guys prefer mixed blogs or separate lolita only blogs?
>>
>>9209710
Honestly it depends on what you're posting. If you post coordinates, crafts/diy, interesting reads, interesting thrift store finds etc. then I'll read.

If it's just food pics and meets you went to, I'll skip those posts or only look at the outfit pic. Unless it's baking cute treats, those I'll read.
>>
>>9204520
>white-ass-white-girl
How do I tell my children what it means to be Asian?

Holy fucking shit. Japanese/Chinese/Korean isn't a picknmix, you can't lump us all in together. I'm Chinese with an American husband so I have to worry about how to make sure my children are exposed to and keep their Chinese heritage. But this 100% white 100% American bitch???? There's no universal Asian guidebook. This is some PT level windchime BS
>>
>>9204520
What a shitty article. She's laying down the victim card on hard. Anyone who shits on her is being mean and doesn't understand how hard it is to be a weeb.
>>
>>9204520
> I had French picture books from my aunties as a kid, and I coaxed Québécois out of my Alzheimer-dreaming grandfather as a teenager.

I hate it when people try to bring out tiny details like this so the don't seem like a bland 100% white person. Just accept that fact that you're white as fuck and grew up white as fuck.
>>
>>9209710
I want to read your blog anon, would you be comfortable sharing? I love vloggers/bloggers that share a common interest (lolita) but also share their day to day lives like any other vlogger would!
>>
>>9209815

That is a horrible line of text. Bitch thinks she can write prose.
>>
>>9209815
Wow. Québécois. So what she got was something romantic and French like: la 'ambugar est good la? Tabernak! Calisse!! Cest burger la, best, la.
>>
>>9209826
It's mostly everything apart from lolita atm. I'll come back and share once I get a bit more fashion content up
>>
>>9209850
As a french speaker with lots of Québecois friends I cringed so hard at that post
>>
>>9209765
This is what pissed me off the most too. She's got some generic garden variety idea of "being Asian" in her head that only white people seem to spout off about, seems like she generally incorporates Japanese, Korean and Chinese people and ignores the rest of Asia. If she has a Korean partner it's gonna be about their Korean family, heritage and her being respectful about what he wants their kids to learn about their heritage and cultures, not their white ass American mother spouting off her ideas about "what it means to be Asian" when she will never, ever be any type of Asian ever no matter how hard she seems to want to be.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.