[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General: Still Not Halloween Yet Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 31

Old thread: >>9189236
>>
>>9195692
What are you gulls doing for Halloween?

My wardrobe's all classic so I'm thinking of going as Mary Poppins this year, but I've never been to a halloween meetup before so I don't know if it's spoopy enough. Do people usually stick to a scary theme for these things, or does anything go?
>>
>>9195694
I'm being a boring faggot and going in Nameless Poem. Not even trying to do something creative with it because I don't want to become a winged, horned clusterfuck.
>>
>>9195694
Well I was going to try doing a 'forest nun' sort of theme. I know that sounds stupid but hear me out. Like I have the green nameless poem and I wanted to kind of look like the forest was taking me over, like I'd have ivy and flowers spreading over me. I had 99% of the resources to do this as well and I brought it all to my new college accommodation, which is 4 hours away from my house.

...........but then it turns out I forgot my petticoat.
>>
>>9195708
Can't you get your parents to post it to you, or buy another petticoat? Halloween isn't for another month, after all.
>>
File: 1470961062290.jpg (255KB, 991x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470961062290.jpg
255KB, 991x1200px
god dammit I hate that I won't have this in time for halloween.
>>
>>9195692
Someone should get this in white and dress as a mummy.
>>
>>9195718
Now that would be an actually creative lolita Halloween outfit.

I'm probably just going to wear a regular gothic coord on Halloween. I don't want to do a witch coord again since I did that last year and the year before, and I don't have the materials to do anything else. Not sure if I'll feel out-of-place at the meet though, since my comm has a couple of goth regulars who are getting super into it and I know are going to go really costumey.
>>
>>9195602
If you use her service, especially for secondhand goods or things you aren't sure the price of, make her show you the receipt. If not, she WILL overcharge you.
She also tries to sell CC low-ranked stuff (i.e. C-rank meaning with flaws/stains) as bnwot. Will lie and say it's her own unworn or like-new dress. Have seen her scalp with 100-200% markup on random stuff from Harajuku
>>
File: shadow garden.jpg (117KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
shadow garden.jpg
117KB, 500x700px
>>9195718
I want to do shironuri with pic related so bad.
>>
>>9195694
I was thinking of doing something a-little-but-not-too OTT with Haenuli's Angel of Music OP and persuading my bf to dress up as the phantom.
>>
>>9195744
This sounds really gay.
>>
>>9195749
It would be gay only if anon got her girlfriend to be Phantom
>tfw say phantom of the opera this summer and loved it
>absolutely would do a couple's costume if i had a gf
>>
>>9195694
Shironuri with a gothic coord
>>
>>9195728
She lied about prices to my friend too. I get that people are so eager to find a tokyo ss that they don't question her when she overcharges but they should.
>>
File: 640028_24.jpg (56KB, 622x311px) Image search: [Google]
640028_24.jpg
56KB, 622x311px
Is it bad form to post the same coord twice to CoF or elsewhere? How soon is too soon?

A lot of my old coords had potato-quality photographs even though the outfits themselves were nice - either crappy phone photos taken in artificial light by a roommate who gets bored after two pics, or ones taken with a self-timer on a cheap digital camera with focus issues. I'm in the process of rephotographing a lot of them now I've got a better camera and live in a nicer apartment, but I don't know if it'd piss people off to post the same outfits twice in one year.
>>
>>9195765
Anon could be a dude for all we know.

>>9195837
I say at least a year, so you can make some excuse like "I'm revisiting my old coords", but switch up the blouse or an accessory or two so it's not completely the same. Otherwise just keep going forwards.
>>
>>9195837
If you've got a blog, I'd post the coordinates there, if I were you, and do a side-by-side comparison to show what a difference good photos of a coordinate can make.
>>
>>9195848
I feel like a blog post's probably the best format, but I don't have a blog. There are a lot of things I'd like to blog about, but virtually nobody reads blogs nowadays so setting up a website feels pointless as content won't get much exposure, and I feel like Tumblr and Lookbook aren't really the place for text-heavy posts.

Back when blogging was a thing I really enjoyed topics like "five coords with one dress", but CoF's two coords per post rule makes it really hard to do anything like that. Do you think it's worth doing posts like that on tumblr? I thought that so many people had pictures-only tumblrs that posting articles, reviews, and other content beyond just outfit rundowns was a bad move.
>>
>>9195864
To be honest, the lack of a platform for more in-depth writing is a general lolita problem. Livejournal, Blogspot, etc have all died, and nothing's entered the void to replace them. Tumblr seems to be getting less and less popular as well, especially because of the algorithm changes to put "related content" on your dash and problems with creeps. Facebook and Insta are still popular but don't suit blogging.
>>
File: IMG_0595.jpg (46KB, 643x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0595.jpg
46KB, 643x425px
>>9195864
>five coords with one dress

I nostalgia'd jard
> mfw it wasn't really that long ago
>>
>>9195902
>tfw you like to switch up your coords and often do 3+ looks with the same dress but have nowhere to post it online without people bitching about you repeating outfits
We should try to make this a thing again. People use tumblr to post collections of their five most popular looks of 2016/whatever, why not use it to gather together a post with five looks you've done with the same dress?
>>
>>9195837
If you use tumblr, I'd just post them again. If you only use CoF, I'd wait over a year until you post the same coord, and make sure the new pictures are actually photoshoot-level if you want to repost. You can probably get away with posting again if the new pics are really nice quality in a pretty setting, but if they're just clearer pictures of you standing in your room people will bitch.

Also don't post side-by-side comparisons to CoF, because a lot of people don't read the description and will assume you're just terrible at collaging.
>>
>>9195694

I think it's anything goes when it comes to Halloween. I mean, why else do stores sell innuendo themed couple costumes?

tbqh, I think I might give cosplay a try again after stopping for a few years now (it's too time and money consuming to enjoy one or twice a year). I'd like to try Effie Trinket - not a direct copy of her outfits in the book, but I do want to practice styling wigs and put together an outfit she'd probably wear.

If I manage to get a friend who wants to go to a local haunted tour with me, I might go in a mourning attire inspire coord, otherwise, I'm saving my OTT coord for a local con.
>>
>>9195703
>I'm being a boring faggot and going in Nameless Poem
exactly what I'm doing too... I wonder how many other people are gonna do it as well lmao
>>
>>9195999
The meetup becomes an accidental convent.
>>
>>9195884
>tumblr algorithm problems
I only see stuff from people I follow on my dash? What are you talking about?
>>
>>9195913
no joke, i feel like there's so much pressure to always have a new dress and a new coord. it's so frustrating.
>>
>>9195741
gorgeous ;;;
>>
I got my first lolita coat for winter and my boobs are too big for it. Every other button goes on comfortably, aside from the one over my tits. Woe is me.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 800x656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 800x656px
>>9196201
>tfw you're well under the max measurement but whenever you wear a blouse/cardigan/jacket that one fucking button around the tits gives you issues and makes it look like you're too fat for it

Thanks for #triggering me anon.
>>
>>9196214
All of my blouses are like this, to the exception of one meta coat, I've dealt with it with pretty much all of my clothes, even my normie shit.
DDs aren't even that big on me, what the hell?
>>
>>9195694
I'm going to my first Halloween meetup as the Wutch from Hansel and Gretel. Aka everything I own is sweet and I want to make a witch hat.

If my plans fall through I'll probably repeat the vampire coord I wore last year.
>>
>>9196214
Maybe use a safety pin to close the gaping?
>>
>>9196242
And the glint of silver was unmistakable.
Her gaze was bittersweet suffering as she looked upon her handiwork. Picturing in her mind's eye the steel rending fabric with force, repetitious application, and the constant pressures from her voluminous bosom- attacking her precious finery, she wept.
>>
>>9196243
I will forever stretch out my stuff and I will never care.
>>
With all this talk of safety pins and buttoning, would there be a market for lolita cardigan clasps? I make brooches for fun so it'd be easy.
>>
>>9196250
If they were more sweet definitely. The only loliable brooches I see aere either cameos for classic, rosettes or something really antique looking with a bunch of rhinestones. I would love some cute brooshes with simple velvet ribbons or a cute felt brooch.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 750x750px
>>9196214
>>9196231

step 1: buy a bunch of these things
step 2: sew or pay a tailor to sew them wherever there are gaps between buttons
step 3: profit
>>
>wearing a wig, bonnet, and large rabbit ears for halloween
>tfw the only way to get everything to stay put is to sew the ears into the wig and sew the bonnet to the ears and put the whole thing on like some kind of weird headpiece
>>
File: 1454077649388.png (74KB, 188x308px) Image search: [Google]
1454077649388.png
74KB, 188x308px
>been planning Halloween coord for almost a year since I missed last year's meet
>final touches currently in the mail
>find out comm isn't doing a Halloween meet this year
>>
>>9196347
Can you host one yourself or even do an informal one?
>>
>>9196347
Any other comms you can travel to?
>>
>>9196347
>tfw spent a ridiculous amount of money on a halloween coord and can't even attend my comm's halloween meetup because halloween is on a monday this year and i have class
>>
>>9196386
wtf your comm does meets on weekdays
>>
>>9196392
They're doing a meet on Halloween itself, in the evening, and I have evening classes
>>
>>9196386
That sounds strange, my comm has always held Halloween meets on the weekend nearest Halloween, since a lot of people are doing stuff with family or other friends or clubbing or whatever on the actual day.
>>
I ordered a purse from the Baby NYC site on Sept 18th, but it still hasn't been shipped yet (I live in the US, thought shipping would be really quick). Does it usually take this long for them to ship items, or should I try contacting them?
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 810x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 810x462px
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 840x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 840x309px
>>9196550
old news, but thanks for sharing. it's tacky to dress like that for a protest imo but to each their own.

here, enjoy another one on me,
>>
>>9195728
How does she overcharge, CC lists prices on their blogs. Damn, really wanted to try her out
>>
>>9196392
Not everyone has weekends off. I used to work in a restaurant and I made a fuck load in tips which I always blew on brand but couldn't go to meets cause I had to work saturdays.
>>
>>9196095
I KNOW. on clobba it says they never actually released that colorway? I've asked about it several times and the most I got was, it must have been a sample. I like the black colorway too but I really just want the white one...
>>
>>9195694
Well not on halloween, but I am going to dress up for Mickeys Halloween Party.

Im using my wardrobe to put together a sort of lolita Hollywood Tower of Terror costume, every thing is great except the skirt I ended up buying which im afraid is going to take the whole outfit down :/

On actual halloween im thinking of haenulies Angle of Music OP with some OTT elements
>>
>>9195744
LOL I didnt even read this. Im >>9196692 I didnt even think of making my bf the phantom though, maybe ill make him Raoul instead
>>
Any cheats for petticoats? Like making them fluffier without too much effort? I already do the steam/store upside down trick
>>
>>9196744
When mine deflates I usually put it in the dryer for a bit and it fluffs back up. Not a permanent fix or anything but it works if you need it to.
>>
>>9196744
I just throw them in the dryer and use "fluff dry" most dryers have a similar setting
>>
>>9196767
Great minds, anon
>>
>>9195703
ah i was gonna do this too and go as a witch C:
>>
>>9196670
Not always, especially on days when they release a lot of desirable dresses. Or things that aren't on the blog
>>
>>9196686
Anon, it was only released in black to westerners, you could have gotten the white if you had used an ss.
Clobba is a reseller, and not a great one.
>>
>>9196744
Spray starch, sewing cheap fishing line into the hem (cheaper usually = stiffer which is what you want), stacking them, storing them upsidedown
>>
>>9195884
>>9195864
Honestly, I think youtube is probably your best bet as a blogging platform for lolita now.
>>
>>9196744
Storing them screwed up in a ziploc bag worked better for me than storing them upside down, but I suppose it would depend on the material.
>>
>>9196058
Maybe they've reverted it now (I quit using my tumblr round about the time they introduced it), but tumblr introduced a feature that put suggested/sponsored content on people's dash that couldn't be turned off. It was supposed to suggest stuff related to your interests, e.g. if you track the "forest" tag (although tracking tags got some similar fuck-ups in the same update) it might show related content from the "wood" tag and "tree" tags, a people who like X also like Y sort of principle, but it produced some pretty fucked-up results for a while. You can imagine how "lolita" might produce "nymphet" and "Vladimir Nabokov" as related tags, or how someone deliberately tracking "gothgoth" to avoid the random shit in the goth tag would end up being served stuff tagged "goth" anyway because it's "related".
>>
>>9196935
Thanks all, I already do most of this (spray starch, storing upside down, drier). the fishing line is an intriguing idea I really like. Gotta get that poof
>>
>>9197019
I personally used adblock to tag it as an ad and it got rid of it.
>>
>>9197019
Weird? it's always just been on the side for me? Or are you talking about mobile version? I rarely use it on my phone cause I never have time when I'm out and about. Tumblr is only for desktop to me.
>>
>>9196932
As far as I know and from what I have experienced with TaobaoTrends and TaobaoRing is that they won't do preorders. That or I don't how to get them to reserve things for me. The only taobao shit I have is from just taobao stores they will actually buy from, like ones that have stuff in stock.
I'm scared to use buynosaur even though when I used them that one time, they worked out well but I had to tell them when I was ready to pay because they went for like a month without emailing me back. I got all my stuff though? Do they do reservations/preorders/MTO stuff from taobao?
>>
So are Angelic Pretty's "Green" colorways this season actually green in any way in person? Or are they just a teal color like I see online?
>>
What is a good shipping service for buying a lot of small accessories gulls?

I use japonica market for bigger items but 600 yen fee for something thats like 1300 doesn't seem worth it.
>>
>>9196918
Oh yes, their special sales of rare items have a shedload of pics without info.

>giving Mexicans a bad name
>>
>>9196550
You can just smell the SJW reeking from this picture.
>also pleb tier holy lantern skirt
Of course it would be.
>>
>>9196681
Most of the jobs are weekdays when you don't work shit customer facing jobs, your situation is a minority once you get a decent job. So it is still weird
>>
Party favor anon here, thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. I ended up deciding on getting a half oz of loose tea from the tea house the meet will be at.

Hopefully everyone likes it, this is my first time hosting a large-ish meet.
>>
>>9196242
>>9196214
What I do is I use a hijab pin (basically just a hatpin but not priced up as much) threaded in and out of that bit of shirt. Turns it into a feature.
>>
>>9197081
They are teal. The new military teal dress looks like it's the same teal as princess cat in person. It's because teal is a trending color in Japan right now along with the cutout sleeves like on the princess cat OP.
>>
>>9197089
Sadly you gotta suck it up. I tend to order when japonica has their % off campaigns, it helps decrease the fee.
Is there another place you could get the item from? Maybe somewhere that will ship direct to tenso?
>>
Secrets.
>>
i settled for a colourway i sorta liked for a dress i wanted, but now the one i want is on sale and i just feel like i should've waited. :_;
>>
File: nice.jpg (10KB, 326x184px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
10KB, 326x184px
had a dream where i invited a bunch of brand itas to a tea party, drugged their tea, and stole all their brand. good times.
>>
>>9197070
Taobaoring have done preorders for me about 80% of the time, just asking for payment upfront. They usually only refuse if it's a new or unknown Taobao store, and will let you do it if it's an established Taobao brand. When I can't get it through Taobaoring I'll email a smaller SS like Taobaospree or ebeebuy.

>>9197089
FromJapan's fee is only 200 JPY plus 5% (sometimes there's a sale so there's no 5%). I hear you can use Buyee to get stuff from Yahoo! Japan Auctions with no/low fees but I've never bothered because I'm usually bundling auction stuff together with stuff I have to use an actual SS for.
>>
Does anyone have experience with the Australian indie label MagiCatStreet? I'm interested in their "The Magical Lady" stuff, but don't know what I should expect.
>>
>>9197684
their three colored chiffon dresses were really popular, don't know the official name, but you could try and see if there are reviews about them. didn't even know they were australian. thought they were chinese
>>
>>9197694
They're Chinese Lolita's that moved to Aus and get their dresses made in a factory in China.

I have the dress in pic related and their tiramisu one. Trying to get the llama dress before the leftover stock sells out. But muh dream dresses.
>>
>>9195864
Dreamwidth or Imzy, though Imzy is pretty new and may not last.
>>
>>9196932
No, white had very limited stock. even if you had an SS, you probably would not have gotten it because it sold out very quickly.
>>
>>9197745
My point wasn't that you didn't have to work for it, I was saying it wasn't just a prototype that they didn't sell.
>>
>>9197702
>dream dress
All the dresses in the history of lolita and these are your dream dresses.
>>
>>9197605
Thanks, I still use taobaoring but they won't ever do the preorder stuff for me, they just always say no and don't answer my questions. I don't know why I have such a hard time with them, they'll only order stuff that's in stock for me. I've asked them almost every order I made and they just reject and buy other things on my list.
I'll try taobaospree next time, though, thanks.
>>
>>9197394
>cut out sleeves
>Princess Cat OP
what are you talking about? The 3/4 sleeve thing or something else? The cut down the middle?
>>
>>9197350
Not where I live, where most people work in the service industry. I only recently got out of it, and I still have to work on Sundays, and I no longer do face to face customer service.

You're acting as if working an office is better than working somewhere that you'd make tips.
I made more money making tips than I do at my office job.

I'm surprised more lolitas aren't in the service industry trying to average $38 an hour. That'd get you a lot of brand. I know it did for me.
>>
Does anyone know where to buy nice gothic or lolita related art books in Japan? I onlyknow sakizo has books but anything else?
>>
File: Baby Fightd.gif (1MB, 392x277px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Fightd.gif
1MB, 392x277px
>>9197754
>Someone has different taste than me!!!!
>>
>>9197773
>I made more money making tips than I do at my office job.

ungh, that feel. As much as I hated the weird hours and working weekends, I made way more money working for tips in half a year than a year's salary at a Monday through Friday office job. I didn't get a lot of time off for meets, but at least I had money to help pay off loans while being able to buy brand. I kind of want to go back even though jobs like that gave me a lot of anxiety.

>>9196940
different anon, but speaking of blogging, I think my google-fu broke because I can't seem to find a list of recommended tumblrs and instagrams anywhere - I really want to update the resource page for newbies in my comm.

>>9197587
Naisu

>>9197383
Good luck!
>>
>>9197775
akatako has most of imai kira, takato yamamoto and tamas books along with a few others! ive brought from them before and cant recomend them enough they are great! they carry rare and signed books along witb original works too, but be carefull on the site because they have a lot of verry nsfw/erotic art
>>
>>919777
oh crap i didnt see you wanted stores in japan, sorry!
>>
>>9197790
>I kind of want to go back even though jobs like that gave me a lot of anxiety.
If you have the free time (e.g. no bf/gf and few other hobbies), could you go back to it strictly part time? Waitressing only on a Saturday night/whatever is a great gig if you can get it, and with reduced hours it might be less stress.

iktf with working too much though, I keep taking on extra shifts so I can buy stuff and then ending up hating myself because all the standing is giving me physical pain.
>>
>>9194618
My money still hasn't come through. What do?
I think it's on my banks end because PayPal already sent an email saying that I had been given a refund. I really need that money.
>>
>>9197954
Might just be taking 2-3 working days to process, which is pretty common for refunds.
>>
>>9197951
I'm thing about doing something like this cause my current office job gives me three days off a week and I'd love some spending cash. But it can be tricky to get that kind of one day a week schedule.
>>
>>9197978
Thinking* not thing holy shit autocorrect
>>
File: Hollywood Fashion Tape.jpg (48KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hollywood Fashion Tape.jpg
48KB, 450x450px
>>9196214
This stuff is a lifesaver for situations like those.
>>
>>9197777
More like, some people have shit taste, and that's ok, but they should be made aware that they have shit taste.
>>
>>9197769
Yes, the slit up the arm that opens to show a lace sleeve.
>>
Can anyone help me find a *huge * wide brim black hat kinda like the one in this pic for a Gothic coord?every time I try and search for one I just find shitty floppy brims, but I want my brim to be sturdy. Also know what terms I should search for in order to find a proper one?
>>
>>9198126
F21 always has hats like that, you may one to check there.
>>
>>9197958
I've even had paypal refunds take 5-7 so you need to relax >>9197954
>>
>>9197773
Working 9-5 (ish) and week days and not dealing with customers makes it a better job without talking about money. But the thing is that it's called a career job for a reason, there is vertical growth. I'm sorry your job isn't one of them but it's desired for a reason, office jobs are comfy.
>>
File: Capture.png (235KB, 548x642px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
235KB, 548x642px
Does anyone have any experience with Chic Star petticoats? I don't know if I'll be able to get a melikestea one at this rate.
>>
>>9198126
Wide brim fedora search might help
>>
>>9198176
that petticoat isnt going to hold up even a light dress. i can tell just by looking at it
>>
>>9198160
So glad that matters to you. I just want money for brand lol.
>>
What is the best bell petti I could buy that would arrive to the US by October 10th?
>>
Can anyone recommend some plain white JSKs or skirts to use for a nurse coord?
>>
>>9198126
It will look terrible with lolita though.
>>
>>9198126
Seconding Forever 21 if you have one in your area. I got a huge one like that there for like 4 bucks because it was "not in season".
>>
File: P12OP312-w-1_1024x1024.jpg (66KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P12OP312-w-1_1024x1024.jpg
66KB, 480x640px
>>9198343
I think Baby's Simplice OP would work, especially with the cross motif, even though it's meant as a nun dress.
>>
>>9197754
>reading comp. what is it
I'm saving for my dream dresses therefore I can't buy the ones from MCS I like? How bout that?
>>
>>9197792
Thanks but they're not based in Japan
>>
So I've placed a sniping bid on FJ using money from my balance, but decided to delete the sniper bid afterwards. The bidding amount however has not returned to my balance, it has just vanished. Is this normal? Does someone have experiences with that?
>>
>>9198352
You never know until you try, anon.
>>
>>9197775
Have you tried just browsing the regular stores like kinokuniya and the smaller art bookstores? Also what city? Tokyo or Osaka will obviously have a lot more than somewhere smaller...
>>
>>9198569
Not anon, but where is Osaka and Tokyo?
>>
>>9197792
They've been jacking up prices outrageously lately. I bought a book from them for $20 maybe two years ago and now it's over $40, and some prize figures they have used to be sold on other websites for $25 (which I also own) and they're trying to sell them for over $300?
>>
>>9198569
I've been to a couple normal bookshops in yokohama but I couldn't find any artbooks really gothic/lolita related and the only artists I know are sakizo and kira imai

>>9198574
In Japan.............
>>
>>9198600
Mitsukazu Mihara
desu I order stuff like that off Amazon jp or wait for artists' events
>>
>>9198600
Look into Yoh, Nakamura Asumiko, Yamamoto Takato, and Tama. Possibly Takahashi Macoto, his stuff isn't strictly lolita but it's pretty aesthetically similar.
>>
Wasn't entirely sure where to put this but I hope the tea party club isnt like the lolitas I saw today at the Japanese matsuri. I didn't go in lolita myself, but all I saw was pettiless bodyline and replicas. Great work girls.
>>
>>9198650
Ok I take that back, I saw one cute coordinator, some girl wearing a solid 2008-2010ish AP piece. Good for you girl.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-25-09-31-15.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-25-09-31-15.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
What do anons think of the Amino app? Do you think it could be a replacement for Livejournel? For those who haven't heard of it, it's an app where you create communities and can post blog-like posts or just pictures in a community. There is a Lolita community on it, but in terms of actual discussion it seems about as active as livejournel.
>>
>>9198300
Due to your time limits "best" is probably not possible. That being said, Lolita Collective is selling some that would likely arrive in time
>>
>>9198625
>Possibly Takahashi Macoto
I would add Junichi Nakahara to that.

>>9198613
It'd probably be easiest to just use Amazon JP and have the products delivered to wherever anon is staying.
>>
>>9198563
This. I think wide brim hats balance nicely with lolita because of the wide skirt. You could always add flowers or bows to make it cuter and more part of a coord. Cowboy styled hats that are more trendy will probably be a lot harder to coordinate.
>>
>>9198300
Malco modes? There are some petticoats being sold on LM now. Maybe you could ask if you could get it shipped in time?
Are there any vintage shops where you live?
>>
>>9198659
I'd love to start using a new platform, but every new place I try is dead. I admit when I migrated from LJ to tumblr, tumblr wasn't the most active thing yet, back in like 2009-10 era. But it definitely had a growing community.

I'd love to migrate from here with other anons but everyone here is obsessed with being anon. It's useless.
>>
>>9198659
I think it´s okay but it´s not better than livejournal so we might as well just go back to livejournal. there are some people trying to keep it alive
>>
>>9198738
No, it needs to be something worthwhile on mobile. So far, nothing is. I'm gonna check this one out however as about 6 years or so ago, I started on tumblr and it was pretty much dead. But then it started catching on.
>>
>>9198713
Seconding vintage shops. I live in a town with a lot and they often carry nice pettis well suited for lolita
>>
>>9198708
I predict the next trend in lolita will be a variation on country called cowgirl lolita. Gingham, cowgirl boots, and hats will all be common. Maybe even some equestrian accessories or a denim purse
>>
>>9198767
Gross. It takes a lot for me to enjoy a country coord, but all that stuff is like stereotypical westerner shit. It's like what japan pictures us as.
>>
>>9198650
Look in CoF, there are a few girls who went to Japanese Matsuri there.

Also
>being so new you've never seen any pics of Tea Party Club members, when it regularly hosts huge events
>>
>>9198893
I'm not in CoF (I don't use my facebook). Not new, just visiting from out of the UK, I don't really keep up with what comms people are from.
>>
>>9198659
It'd be better if there werent so many horrible newbs and itas. The platform is pretty great for an app but the majority of the posts are... less than savoury
>>
>>9198904
...anon, it's not a local comm, it's the comm for the whole of the UK. They host a big con yearly with ~300 attendees and brand guests. I'm an Americunt and even I know this because so many photos of the events end up online.
>>
>>9198659
I'm on there. It's ok. Not as good as LJ or Facebook. I only go there to talk to other male lolitas.
>>
How early do other people start on their wardrobe posts? Last year I left it til partway through January and it was definitely too late - I spent about 40 hours on it but barely anyone saw it and I know my pics were considered shitty by cgl standards.

This year I'm trying to be more organised, since I know I'll lose all of dec and half of jan to exams and visiting family, but starting on it in sept just makes me realise I have way too many clothes and way too shitty light. I'm beginning to wonder whether to bother, since I live pretty far north in an apartment with a north-east facing windows and it's already too dim to take photos even at midday on a lot of days.
>>
>>9199283
The last time I did one was two years ago and I uploaded it onto LJ early January where it got a good amount of comments. If you have good quality/presentation it shouldn't really matter.

My question is: are we still uploading them onto LJ given how every year it becomes a bit more dead?
>>
>>9196321
I did that but they unpopped as soon as I stretched.
>>
>>9196402
it's one night of classes, just skip? surely the money you spent on your coordinate in worth more than one evening of class
>>
Anons, can ETC items be hand washed? I have a cotton or possibly polyester brown jsk and it says dry clean only.
The coffee stain is likely a month old because i thought it was only water when it happened but apparently it was coffee and i only felt it happen when i was drinking water. I didnt notice it until i was putting away my blouse that was lightly stained.
The dry cleaners around me all have terrible reviews and often tell customers items are $10-15 but when you pick them up charge $45 because it has a designer tag,even when they damage the item or cant get the stain out.

Has anyones dry cleaner charged your lolita piece as designer because it was japanese? My dress was $80 and less popular so im not sure if its worth possibly paying $45.
Also tips for getting out coffee stains?
>>
>>9199343
Given the price of postsecondary education, anon could very well be blowing a couple hundred dollars worth of classes by skipping a single night. And lolita is a hobby, and hobbies come after education/career stuff.
>>
>>9199365
You guys act like no one skips class. Just get notes for what you missed and it's good. It isn't blowing money unless you fail.
>>
>>9199364
I've never gotten my brand upcharged by dry cleaner's before, that just sounds really shitty. If the dress is polyester, it should be okay to handwash in cold water, though usually for just stains I blot wit Oxyclean instead of washing the entire garment.

On the garment tag, does it say 綿 or ポリエステル? Former is cotton, latter is poly.
>>
GUYS
Meltia is disbanding ;_;
>>
>>9199372
i only looked at the tags when i went to clean it and realized it had the dry clean only symbol but its 100% cotton.
I looked up on google and most ETC has been watched with a washer in a garment bag. I think ill try for handwashing though. i tested the inside seams to see if it bleeds and it seemed to be fine.
It just really sucks because its like front and center skirt area rather than hidden in the pleats.
>>
>>9199390
noooooo, it's finally happening.. i was so hopeful they wouldn't since they just put out a MV. maybe they'll form something new after this?

>tfw made a bag with their merch
>tfw can't make it to their last live
>tfw can't say goodbye
maybe i'll write a letter or something.
>>
>>9199286
I'll pribably still upload mine to livejournal because I've done so the last 3 years... my wardrobe is so much larger than last year's though I'm almost embarrassed by my spending and definitely dreading taking photos...
>>
>>9198682
I'm gonna go with them, I'm looking for acceptable not great. I just need it for a meet and then I can get a better one later.
>>
>>9199390
As sad as this news is I don't think it's really going to shock anyone, it was really only a matter of time.
>they've been dead to me since Caty left
>>
>>9198659
I'll download it, any groups to look out for?
>>
>>9199422
>my wardrobe is so much larger than last year's though I'm almost embarrassed by my spending and definitely dreading taking photos...
Counted today and I have 26 blouses and four more in the mail. What have I become
>>
>>9199548
I just got on there today and it offers various chat rooms that I have found are active! So take that tumblr and LJ. Also decent on mobile.

I've just joined the main lolita groups, though and some alt fashion ones.
>>
>>9199552
Out of curiosity what's your blouse to main piece ratio? I need to get better at buying blouses, but for some reason I find it really difficult.
>>
>>9199569
About 1:1. I have ~34 main pieces. More OPs than skirts though, despite all the blouses. Please don't take me as an example of a balanced wardrobe though, I had like two blouses for my first year in lolita then realised I had a problem and massively overcompensated. Part of the reason I have so many is because I do oldschool and most blouses aren't interchangeable between oldschool and newschool dresses because the lace and cuts are so different, so I effectively had to double my quantity of everything. If you stick to one era of lolita you shouldn't need this many unless you're a daily lolita.

DESU I still feel like I don't have enough, because before buying the stuff I have in the mail I had no coloured blouses. I could really do with some brown, pink, wine and navy blouses, maybe another couple of black ones. I basically just have a ton of neutrals at the minute.
>>
>>9198659
The lolita amino is really shit community wise, since it caters to teenyboppers. The majority are underage itas. I just post coords and hauls there since I have nobody else to show and people are quick to give out compliments and likes. I'd love to see /cgl/ make a more heavily moderated version to avoid all the fluff and the itaposting.
>>
>>9199580
Hahah stick to one era of Lolita? I can't even stick to a substyle. I fell down the Oldschool hole awhile back (i hang in the threads actually, we might have crossed paths) our wardrobes sound really similar actually, although I've got half the number of main pieces. my blouse collection is a nightmare because I have the eternal blacks not matching problem. Or cuts not meshing well. im trying to figure out the gaps and fill them in, it's just a pain.

Although recently I found an ivory Moitie blouse that rocks my socks because it goes with nearly everything. So that was a good impulse buy.
>>
>>9199589
Finding blouses that go with everything just makes me feel guilty for having so many though, haha. Like last year I had maybe 16 blouses, but I wore the same three in virtually all of my coords because they were comfy, fitted well and matched nearly everything. Luckily (or unluckily) some buttons popped off three of them and it forced me to branch out. I also cannot stick to a substyle - I've got gothic, classic, sweet-classic, oldschool and a tiny bit of sweet and sailor all jostling for space and a stupid amount of different colours. I feel like my oldschool wardrobe is getting more cohesive because I stick to maybe six colours for it, but my regular wardrobe is a mess.
>>
>>9199589
>cuts not meshing well
>tfw you have five different offwhite blouses with peter pan collars in slightly different substyles and for matching to JSKs with slightly different depths of neckline
>>
>>9199586
it would just get infested with dudes pretending to be women like every cgl friend thread ever.
>>
>>9199592
You didn't just replace the buttons? Although good it made you branch out a bit. Oldschool though is pretty basic with blouses I think. Ivory, white, or black Peter Pan collar goes with 90% of things. Gothic was the wild child back then so there was a bit more variety.

Haha I've got classic, gothic, Oldschool, pirate, sailor, and even some aristo hanging out there. I'm missing modern classic, and sweet mostly even though my old school ends up leaning sweet. Thankfully my main pieces are either black or blue except for two. I've embraced the mess though mostly. All my dresses are awesome and I accept the madness!

>>9199594
beauty is suffering friend.
>>
>>9199368
you sound like you're in highschool desu
>>
>>9199364
I've hand washed all my ETC pieces both cotton and poly and just watch for any color runs. So far nothing catastrophic has happened.

Maybe do a color test on a hem and then just spot clean the stain if you're really paranoid?
>>
>>9198659
I just checked out the group chat for my region and it's full of twelve year olds asking what lolita is and saying they like anime ^____^*~
>sigh
>>
>>9198659
I was on it for a couple weeks and cringed my way off.
I tried to go in with a "I can help these girls!" Attitude, but after explaining 15 times that
1. Replicas are bad news. Period.
2. Lolita is not anime/cosplay
3. No, you can't thrift everything in your wardrobe
4. No, that hot topic dress isn't lolita

I just got sick of all the teenaged bullshit and left
>>
>>9199610
>You didn't just replace the buttons?
I did, but it took me about three months because I'm a lazy fucker (also was a broke college student and didn't want to have to buy a needle and thread when I knew I could fix them when I went home for Christmas for free).

>>9199610
>Oldschool though is pretty basic with blouses I think. Ivory, white, or black Peter Pan collar goes with 90% of things.
Just because it goes with 90% of things doesn't mean I want to wear it with 90% of things, especially when a Baby/AP peter pan collar makes stuff lean sweet. Wearing sweeter items with a more gothic/classic dress isn't usually actively bad in oldschool, but I like to be able to change up my look beyond that. There were a lot of collarless and sailor collar blouses in oldschool too, and a lot of variations in lace type, sleeve type and bodice detailing that make it worth having more than just peter pan collars.
>>
>>9195728
Maybe you're thinking about takoyaki inc? I've used her so many times, she's even got me a Gloria jsk that she got at CC for like 20,000 yen. I'm pretty sure she's very honest.
>>
>>9199810
I'm talking about Muuh SS. Takoyaki scalps on Lacemarket, though seems to be honest with SS requests
>>
>>9199824
That's so weird. I'm very sure she doesn't do that since I've been using her SS for a few years now. I even went though her lacemarket (http://egl.lacemarket.us/users/marianita) and besides that little prince jsk everything seems to have very reasonable prices and all her feedback looks good. Are you sure it's her you're talking about?
>>
>>9199764
>couldn't buy a needle and thread
>buys more blouses

gotta love lolita logic
>>
>>9199827
Yes, there are two people here with experiences with Mariana lying about ss prices. I know who takoyaki co is. I don't have a problem with people going to closet child and reselling items for higher prices - they have the access and I accept the higher price. What I find dishonest is shopping for someone's dream dress in closet child and lying about how much it cost, then making ss fees on that. And then lying again that she lost the receipt when called out.
>>
>>9199827
I wouldn't trust anonymous comments on cgl over her feedback and your own experience
>>
>>9199859
This sounds so weird. I'm going to talk to her about it since she's always been very honest to me. She has gotten me really coveted dresses for amazing prices so this sounds all so very new to me.
Also I am pretty sure she doesn't do CC releases that much since she'd rather go to AP releases instead. She's passed on some of my CC requests since CC releases are apparently too crazy.
>>
>>9198659
>>9198716
>>9198738
>>9198762
>>9198906
>>9199149
>>9199586
>>9199632
>>9199634
You can make private communities on amino. We could have any prospective members take a survey to help filter out undesirables.
>>
>>9199859
I've always had great experiences with her so this seems really strange...how did you friend find she was lying about the prices then if there was no listed price?
>>
>>9199874
I'd be nice to have a cgl one
>lone lolita forever trying to connect with other lolitas
>>
>>9199867
Always get a picture of the receipt is all I'm sayin. If she's honest then she shouldn't have a problem with it
>>
File: Airplane.png (527KB, 806x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Airplane.png
527KB, 806x1202px
>>9199874
>>9199884
I'd be down with this, but would prefer it's not too obviously /cgl/-related. My comm still thinks that everyone who posts here is an evil h8er bully.
>pic unrelated but lolwut Captcha
>>
>>9199884
>>9199901
Name ideas? I'll create it if enough people are interested. I suggest we keep it lolita or j-fash specific tho.
>>
File: image.png (782KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
782KB, 640x1136px
Does anyone else find this highly dubious? Yes I'm sure your bf's mum wants you to wear an actual your crotch will be visible stripper dress as opposed to a lolita jsk.
>>
>>9199912
Anon I can't even see the post
>>
>>9199916
In Rufflechat
>>
>>9199916
Not that anon but I saw it in RC
>>
>>9199912
Her boyfriend's family is pretty rich so yeah sadly it is true. I'm feeling really sorry for her. She's so nice and kind and she doesn't deserve being treated like that
>>
>>9198807
At least the gaudy crosses would fit the motif perfectly
>>
>>9199824
You can ask takoyaki for CC requests? I need to get in on that then
>>
>>9199912
I was more put off by her very end about how she's "so curvy that men literally jack off to her in broad daylight" that just screams "I'm a sexy victim! Care about me! Yes this totally happened!"
>>
>>9199923
LMAO that's the stupidest shit I've ever heard, if his family had money they'd want her to be in at least a decent normie brand, not that 5$ hooker lace disaster. You must be the girl that posted this because nobody would believe that
>>
>>9199912
>>9200119
Regardless of whether or not it's real, I find her oversharing kind of distasteful. There's a time and place to talk about sexual harassment and racism and whatever, but it's not appropriate to talk about it in a lolita fashion group when it's not directly related to lolita. It would've been fine if she stopped at her boyfriend's mom having an unreasonable dislike for lolita, but everything after that sounds like she's trying to pity points for being a sexy black woman.
>>
>>9199912
Just ignore her. This girl posts to cgl all the time complaining about her life and doing the same kind of annoying oversharing.
>>
>>9199912
The left dress looks like cheap clubwear I don't believe this shit. That's not the kind of stuff people wear to weddings (pic related is the kind of stuff people normally wear)
>>
>>9200190
>>9200127
That's exactly the point being made
>>
>>9200127
I thought the point of the thread was that the woman was obviously trying to embarrass her by giving her misleading advice, and this is nothing the bride or the family would ever want? Honestly she seems autistic/damaged enough that someone could easily think they could get away with gaslighting her like that and giving her such obviously crap advice.
>>
I cannot find the thread it was posted in and don't know if the anon searching is in here, but this mystery strawberry dress was posted to a "dresses you want and will never have" thread or some shit and I think this one is a little similar:
https://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/w-16662
>>
>>9196670
My advice is try her out anon. She's a great SS in my experience.
>>
>>9199912
I'm sympathetic to her situation as I am in a somewhat similar one, and I know autism can sometimes affect the oversharing filter but this went a bit far with the sexual abuse and so on especially given it wasn't even in RC:U. Perhaps she needed to vent but even the feels thread would have been better for that
>>
How do you guys decide if you're going to buy clothing off a Japanese second hand site if they don't list measurements?

There's a couple cute skirts I'm eyeing on Mercari right now but they don't list measurements and I can't find them in lolibrary. They're pretty cheap, but I'd rather not buy them if I know they won't fit.
>>
>>9200425
Be skinny, trust luck, and consider whether you'd be able to sell it if it didn't fit before you buy.
>>
>>9200425
If you're not an avergare japanese girl in size better be vary. But you could also consider resale value. Can you sell them for the same price on lacemarket if they don't fit or are they not interesting enough?
>>
>>9200427
>>9200430
That's kind of what I was afraid of. Thanks.
>>
Does your comm charge for events?
One of the two comms in my city has been starting to charge a sort of "cover fee" for events in the last year or so, even though it's not expensive ($10-$15) it seems so elitist and such a turn off to me that I haven't gone to any of their meets since then. I'm lucky that there are two comms for this city.
>>
>>9200449
Its probably so people will stop flaking or so they can put down deposits that restaurants or other event spaces require.
>>
>>9200449
I've gladly paid for events where deposits and reservations are required, it depends if the cover charge goes towards food or just lines the organizer's pockets?
>>
File: 120620150079.png (209KB, 501x584px) Image search: [Google]
120620150079.png
209KB, 501x584px
Thinking of getting this OP from Meta. It appears to have some shirring and the description also states "shirred back" but the bust measurement simply states 88 cm. Does anyone know if that means max bust, or if that is a measurement without including the shirring?

Meta doesn't seem to like to do ranges, for the JSKs they usually list a single measurement and then write "stretchy." Makes me nervous
>>
>>9200449

I agree with >>9200451 that is totally acceptable. Its better that way then the host or everyone having to split the difference for people who dont show up.

If its just a regular event at someones house I'm kind of iffy. I totally get it if they are making food but my comm had an event maybe two years ago and I'm pretty sure the hostess was paying herself. I calculated everyone's ticket, who went, etc. And it seemed to me there was no way she could spend so much money on what was actually at the party.
I could imagine them thinking "oh I'll use some of the budget on my outfit so I can be the hostess with the mostess!" or "oh I spent all this time and effort planning/setting up I deserved to get paid."
No, no you do not fucking deserve money in your pocket. You're in lolita because its a hobby, you participate in the community because its a hobby and you enjoy it.
>>
>>9200493
I cant imagine 88 cm is the max for it. Meta is more known to be plus size friendly. If you're getting an OP just make sure your shoulder width is okay.
>>
>>9200493
Non stretched. Conservatively, you generally get at least 10-15cm extra with full back shirring from Meta (i.e. not maxed out and popping the seams/able to breathe) but remember their full back shirring doesn't mean the shoulder width will stretch as much
>>
>>9200477
>>9200498
They're regular events at people's houses, like a Halloween party and stuff. The comm is trying to raise money for a Lolita convention to be funded, but to me it just feel so like "pay to hang out with us!" Since there's another comm anyway
>>
>>9200566
Oh fuck that then, sounds awful. Are they specifically fundraising events? Is every meet like that?
>>
>>9196744
I've done the trick where you hang it upside-down, then spray a bunch of hairspray and let it dry overnight and it worked pretty well for me
>>
>>9200566
Holy shit, no, that's so fucking tacky. They need to start selling tickets and do a fundraiser if they're hurting for cash.

If I'm being charged for an event, I better be paying for something *right then*, like the cost of the room/food/etc, not to fund a convention I might not even be going to. It would be more acceptable if they tacked on a couple of bucks to the actual cost of hosting an event, but they should specify why it costs more or it seems shady as fuck.
>>
Would A-line be the right petticoat for Nameless Poem? When I was looking up coord pictures a lot of girls dresses looked oddly round, i'm guessing because they used a cupcake shape petti
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 350x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 350x467px
>>9201157
the stock photos look like they are using either an a-line or a very lowkey cupcake worn a bit lower than the high waist gathering (most likely). I tend to assume dresses that gather like this need a cupcake petti, so I'm not surprised people are doing that. I agree, it still looks a little off
>>
This might sound like a newfag question, but what's a good place to get a reasonably priced petticoat nowadays?

My classical puppets petti is really deflated and I've heard their quality declined a lot. I'm already on MLT's waiting list, but I'll have to wait really long and I don't know if the price is worth it (and I can't decide which model will fit my needs). I'm in europe, so US-based shops that were recommended to me last time won't really work.
I almost considered buying a bulk of bodyline pettis during their sale and sewing them together.
>>
>>9200571
>>9201027
I know I'm not the only one that feels like they have to pay to hang out with anyone anywhere... but why are you guys saying this is tacky? I've paid for literally every meet I've gone to. I don't give a fuck what the money goes to cause I know I'm gonna end up paying someone somewhere if I go to a meet.

Do you guys not do this? Which is more common?
>>
>>9201185
Bunny House is located in Vietnam and their pettis are reasonable and hold up decently.
>>
>>9201185
And romeo, maxicimam, putumayo or order from lolita shops in the EU. Physical drop has longer petticoats a bit more expensive but some of them could double as an underskirt
>>
I just ordered the jsk last week and I'm still trying to think of a Halloween coord for it.

I'm thinking of doing a maid with the jsk; pic related
>>
>>9201336
If you want to go as a maid a plain dress would be much better. I'm not very creative but I'd wear strawberry make up and just be a strawberry.
>>
>>9201267

For my comm, meetups at people's houses are usually pot lucks. There's one or two girls who will go so far as to provide food if they're hosting the meet at their houses, I think they pretty much treat the meetups as if they're throwing a party at their house. I've never been invited to a house party and expected to pay some kind of ticket charge, usual etiquette as I understand it is to bring a gift for the hostess, not money.

I can understand hosting a lolita comm isn't the same as throwing a dinner party for your besties, but in that case, I wouldn't host a meetup full of complete strangers at my house either. There's something about charging tickets for a house party that kind of reeks of direct selling, or MLM schemes, or tupperware parties where you get pressured into buying stuff. It also feels somewhat tacky in the sense that you seem to be faking friendship, apparently trusting these people enough to let them into your private home, but then turn around and ask them for money.

Gotta agree with the other anon. A fundraiser, with clear goals, is the way to go if they really need the money. Doesn't have to be all about meetups or getting money from the comm itself, either, you could get the entire comm together and do bakesales or whatever, working together instead of one person trying to get money from the rest of the comm.
>>
>>9201185
You could always try Closet Child, they have some pretty decent pettis
>>
Who runs that new indie shoe brand Les Bourdons?
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 625x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 625x800px
>>9201336
this could go badly, but white blouse + pink beret w/ strawberry clips + mint otks + pink shoes = strawberry shortcake?

I'm reaching I know
>>
>>9201377
I found mine deflated pretty quickly and they don't survive travel very well, desu.
>>
>>9201400
Choke
>>
>>9201400
Chokelate, meaning 10 millennia of waiting for your order.
>>
>>9201419
>>9201422
Different anon then the one who asked but lmao seriously? I guess after she completely tarnished the brand lockshop she decided to pop up with a different name and hope people would forget her reputation as a business owner
>>
>>9201185
Have you tried Malco modes?
>>
Weird question, but are there any dresses with a baseball theme or a baseball-related print?
>>
>>9201503
No.
>>
>>9201503
I should hope not, but if any brand ever made something like that it would be Meta.
>>
>>9201526
different anon, but why would you hope not? I think a print with something like bears playing baseball on a filed would be hella adorable.
>>
I was gifted a dress rack for my lolita pieces and it looks gorgeous but I'm concerned about dust getting on my dresses, especially the ones I don't wear as often.
Is there a way to prevent this?
>>
>>9202124
Get or make a cover. Change the HVAC filters in your house every 2 months so the air is cleaner.
>>
>>9201745
I'm imagining it and it would be adorable. bears in cute baseball uniforms, maybe a subtle popcorn pattern
>>
File: kinkikitty_2013.jpg (59KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
kinkikitty_2013.jpg
59KB, 640x960px
Kinky Kitty have made an attempt. It's silly, but not that bad? Nothing I'd wear though. No idea if it's for sale in the first place. I've only ever seen it on a postcard from her booth at cons.
>>
>>9202135
Looks like a dress a Mormon stay-at-home mom would make her 3 year old wear
>>
>>9202135
Woah, how the hell did I drop the anon I was tagging?

>>9201503

>>9201427
oh, speaking of, are there any updates about their sister company making lolita specific/friendly ones?
>>
>>9202138
in response to MM, I don't think so to be honest I didn't even know there was a sis company.
>>
>>9202140
It was from a conversation that happened over the summer and I forgot to save the email, but iirc, someone emailed MM about making lolita friendly petticoats which they redirected her to Sam's Manufacturing.
>>
>>9202146
Ok, I managed to find the archived thread. Looks like MM isn't willing to make them for a niche market, but Sam's does customized versions of their base petticoat for a higher price.

damn. A little bit of me had some hope.
>>
>>9202147
>>9202146
I vaguely remember a big hullabaloo when malco modes agreed to make the petticoats and asked lolitas to send them samples so they could copy the pattern to make new ones?
>>
>>9201422
>>9201426
What happened to that anon who was collecting evidence against choke on tumblr?
>>
>>9201745
>>9202126

Alternatively, a Meta baseball uniform set in the same vein as their sailor sets. I'd buy that right up.
>>
>>9195692
With halloween coming up, where can I get some smallish/more kawaii vampire fangs? Everything my friends recommended is too big and comical thanks to my small face.
>>
>>9202471
Are Scarecrow fangs too big for you? They're not totally ridiculous on most people.
>>
I bought a dress on lacemarket from Another country and the seller have me a tracking number that I have not been able to get to work or have the format recognized from any searches.
>>
>>9202495
Yes, I've already looked at those and they were pretty big for me. I'm going to have to find like, child sized or something. Damn my tiny proportions. Maybe I'll just figure out a way to make some.
>>
>>9202499
Ask them which service they used.
>>
File: ruhnkecarson-dl.jpg (41KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
ruhnkecarson-dl.jpg
41KB, 420x315px
>>9202447
That could actually be cute if it's styled in a more preppy Ivy League way and they stuck to pinstripes and beige. They could do mini-dresses and boystyle too. Get on this shit pls Meta

I'm not seeing the baseball print, though. Honestly I'm getting kind of annoyed with the idea that anything and everything could be a lolita print. Some chick in my comm wanted a "hot guy" print. Gtfo.
>>
>>9202553
This is actually more like what I was looking for. I'm surprised there isn't something similar to this already, isn't baseball really big in Japan?
>>
>>9202553
>hot guy print
kek
they could use that one fabric from joann
>>
File: WT2PMfG.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WT2PMfG.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>9202553
>Ogasawara's dream comes true
Yes pls.
>>
>>9202553
This would be super cute. I want a baseball dress now!
>>
>>9202553
I want this to happen just for the sake of finally having a reason to make an A League of Their Own themed meet
>>
>>9202585
>Shirobako
Excellent taste anon
>>
>>9195715
What dress is this?
>>
>>9202471
Homestucks have teeth in a lot of their costumes. I think they make them out of acrylic nails and dental enamel? You might look at the MSPA thread/tutorials and see what they do.
>>
>>9202655
Nevermind, just found it and it looks to be sold out.

Are there any other newer medical-themed dresses around?
>>
might be a noob question but what are general opinions on Restyle bags? I'm eyeballing their book bag but I'm not sure how cheap their stuff looks in person.
>>
>>9202553
honestly you could probably put a coord like this together with pieces that are already out & good accessorizing

>plz don't baseball cap
>>
File: 04062000_5704ec6b34637.jpg (602KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
04062000_5704ec6b34637.jpg
602KB, 500x600px
I recently got the navy dolly marine but that red color in it irks me. Changeing the red buttons and red shirring will be easy but I have no idea what to do with the ribbon on the top as it's sewn on attaching the chiffon lace to the dress. Does anybody have any idea?
Pic related is the ribbon on the sax version
>>
>>9202689
I almost bought the same jsk and same colorway, but that irked me too. Maybe it could be more balanced with a red belt and head-bow?

I wonder if a seamstress could remove that part at all.
>>
>>9202689
Could you remove bow and very carefully stitch a ribbon of your preferred colour on top of it? Maybe something 2mm wider to stop any risk of it showing? Then make a new bow in the new ribbon too?
>>
>>9201503
I wished...

>>9201526
Definitely. I could see Meta release one in March/April when NPB begins.
>>
Is there some type of list somewhere (or can someone tell me) when is the best time to get lucky packs and what brands are offering them? I would like to save up for one but I have no idea what is available.
>>
>>9203044
Lucky packs typically come out at the middle of summer and at the new year. You pretty much just missed the summer packs so you'll have to wait until December for the next round.
>>
>>9202727
I was going to say this. A ribbon in the navy to tone it down?
>>
>>9203044
>>9203053

^ this. Back in the day there were posts announcing them on LJ, but I haven't seen anything like that since. I don't think they even post them on Lolita Updates.

Most brands announce their lucky packs ahead of time, but some leave a shorter amount of time than others. The BTSSB packs a few months ago surprised me, though I snagged the most recent one.
>>
I'm planning on doing a sweet coord with a small creepy twist for Halloween, but I'm having difficulty bringing the creepiness to the bottom of the coord. Should I not bother since the creepy elements are super minor? (teeth, fingernails).
>>
>>9203077
maybe add bat wing ankle cuffs or bows that suit your theme?
>>
>>9203077
The most I can think of are ripped tights or bandaged legs.
>>
>>9202692
The red could be easily blanced out in coord that uses red, but it would throw the balance off everytime I use a different color.

>>9202727
>>9203056
Sew another ribbon over it sounds like the only thing that might work. I'll try that. Thanks.
>>
since help thread is mainly cosplay
do you think its a wise move to get a cheap average/medium poof petti for babbys first coord(s), and then move on to a fuller petti when i've gotten comfortable with wearing petticoats in general?
i'm worried about having too much poof and not knowing how to handle it
>>
>>9203295
Buy 2 pettis of average poof. This way you can choose to stack them if you want, but not be fully committed. However think about what kind of silhouettes you admire in photos online, and what style you wear. When I started out I bought a bunch of A-line medium-poof pettis in various colors just because they were cheap. I later realized my true love is huge cupcake sweet poof, and those A-lines are only ever used to layer under another cupcake petti now. Also know that what may seem really poofy IRL the first time you wear it, is probably pretty deflated looking in pictures.
>>
>>9203304
ah thank you that's a really good idea! and i know i'm into sweet/toned down sweet so i'll probably start with cupcake/bell
and noted, i figure i probably wont have ~that~ much poof but i'm super worried about getting shit on my dresses just from brushing past people/walls/miscellaneous city muck
>>
I just sold something and need to ship it to Australia. I don't want the buyer to get hit with import duties, but I also don't want to fuck myself over. Should I mark it as a gift or one of the other things (commercial sample, returned goods, documents, other)?
>>
>>9203572
You should ask the buyer.
>>
>>9203572
Marking it as a gift is the easiest, since you're sending it from a personal address to another, that doesn't look shady to the customs people. The other options are commercial, and would look weird going from a personal address to another.
For extra precaution, in case the customs officier open the package, I usually include a small handwritten note that says "Hello [first name of buyer] I hope you like your dress -[your first name]", or something else nice not mentionning the sale.
That's what I always do, and the buyers like it as well, even mentionning the cute handwritten note in positive reviews.
>>
>>9203572
We don't get any any import duties or customs fees unless the package is marked with a worth of $1000AUD or more, anon! It should be fine.
>>
>>9203604
Thank you so much for the info! :D
>>
>>9202677
I've seen some of their stuff, it doesn't look cheap but their book bags are weirdly huge compared to IW and AatP ones. I own the Cathedral embroidery messenger bag and the quality's pretty nice.
>>
>>9203304
>Also know that what may seem really poofy IRL the first time you wear it, is probably pretty deflated looking in pictures.
Yes, and also stuff deflates during the course of the day. I used to have hour-long train rides to meetups and sitting down for so long would crush my petti a lot, so I used to wear two poofy petticoats when I set off (which looked ridiculous) and it would turn into ideal poof by the time I got there. Nowadays I sometimes sit around the house in my pettis for an hour or so before going out to get an idea of what the true poof level will be.
>>
Anyone see that Vice article about the London, Ontario comm? They directly link to BTB and talk about that drama incident that got talked about a lot on Cgl (some mentally ill-chan sperged out at the aquarium and called a security guard a nigger if I remember correctly)
>>
>>9203831
>scroll down to the comment section
>"lmao at these low budget rip offs"
>wat
>>
>>9202677
They look ok but the pleather is not super durable. I own the Shakespeare one and the pleather on the top edges started flaking after 6 months even though I only use it on occasions rather than as an everyday bag. It also deforms and creases easily.
>>
>>9203831
Link?
>>
>>9203871
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/inside-the-magical-world-of-lolitas
>>
>>9203874
>a common motto in the community is, "Modest is hottest."
WTF. Classic example of someone trying not to make us look like weirdos actually making us look weirder.

>impressive collection of 14 dresses

Otherwise a surprisingly well-written article considering.
>>
>>9203874
Raine dragon schooling people in the comments shows she's the lolibraian of the internet
>this pleases me
>>
>>9203948
Same, we are blessed.
>>
>>9203860
ugh, sounds like it's even worse than some taobao bags, then. thanks!
>>
>>9203874
God, this is the cringiest shit.
>>
>>9203937
This, did they just make up the "modest is hottest" shit or did someone joke about that and they decided it was an official slogan? also
>14 dresses
>impressive
ngl I laughed when I got to that part
>>
>>9204054
It sounds like something a Catholic youth group trying to be hip would say.
>>
>>9203948
Hell yes, loved seeing her down in the comments. She does a great service to us all--a much better service than this article does
>>
>>9204054
>>9204111
I've heard that slogan from "hip" Mormons before...
>>
>>9203874
features a picture of the apple purse i want. I'm in tears
>>
>>9195728
Then why doesn't she have negative feedback? Why do these people only speak out about it privately or on cgl?
>>
>>9195884
I never understand people who are sad because livejournal died. It's not dead, it's a website that still exists, you just aren't using it anymore
>>
>>9204435
Nobody wants to be the one to speak up. Even Rosaire's scamming ways took months to come to light
>>
>>9204548
That's just retarded. Are they scared she will come to their house and attack them if they leave negative or neutral feedback? What's the point of the feedback system then? I've used Muuh as well and nothing when wrong, I'm not going to believe anon comments on cgl over my experience and positive feedback
>>
>>9204054
pretty sure it's made up, I've never heard a single lolita say something like that. But then again when writing articles people will try to use fancy/playful/quirky language to spice things up or whatever

>>9203937
>>impressive collection of 14 dresses
To a normie, for sure. It's still a cute wardrobe tho, even if it is on the smaller side.

I think we could have done a lot worse even if the article isn't perfect
And as per usual the comments section is cancer, the very first comment posted was bitching about cultural appropriation until they got schooled and deleted it
>>
>>9203874
One can have an "impressive collection of 14 dresses" and somehow manage to get articles writing about you.

Also, what the fuck is that thing on the right?
>>
>>9204589
>got schooled on cultural appropriation
Kek. Did anyone get caps of this?
>>
new thread >>9205343
>>
>>9204548
>>she overcharges on dresses that no one knows how much they cost
How does your friend know the dress was not the price she says anyway? if the dress price is not listed anywhere?
I used her SS just today and she quoted a very elusive JETJ dress for less that 15,000yen. I don't believe you anon, sorry. She's a great SS.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.