[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britfag / UK thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 20

File: salty salt.png (2MB, 1273x849px) Image search: [Google]
salty salt.png
2MB, 1273x849px
Old thread saged. Ecg qualifiers this weekend - anyone going to watch?
>>
>>9194286
Will anyone be streaming it?
>>
...and here was me worrying that the thread would be confined to the depths of the archive.

Every time someone puts up a Junko pic here, a plastic £5 will go towards AL.
>>
>>9194416
not sure. They're not exactly the best at keeping their social media up to date. I'm sure someone will film it and bung it on youtube however
>>
Wow is there seriously nothing going on to talk about? Disappointing.
>>
>>9195225
Yeah. People are finishing costumes for ecg but it should be pretty standard
>>
Another convention organiser has joined the Michael Towers Hall of Shame.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/515429/nurse-perv-sacked-teen-girl-sick-sex-offender-toy-shop

Is there a rule now where if you want to start a convention you have to be a sex offender?
>>
>>9195473
Is he that sketchy guy with the shitty Aquaman costume?
>>
>>9195473
Nothing links the two of them, as far as I can see. If there were, then I'd have a field day.
>>
Anyone seen/seeing Akira while it's in the cinemas? I'm going tonight, haven't seen it before so thought i may as well see it for the first time on the big screen
>>
>>9195473
>His Facebook page plugging his events is packed with pictures of kids meeting their favourite sci-fi characters.
>It makes no mention of his shameful history.

"Oh yeah let me just put on my facebook that i'm a sex offender"
>>
>>9195558
>Nothing links the two of them
I was drawing a comparison because they're both creepy sex pests who run cons and probably ought to be kept away from kids.
>>
>>9195576
I thought it was only yesterday, there were showings tonight too?
>>
>>9195603
Yeah, I just got home from seeing it on Brighton so it was definitely on there at least. I think most places were the day before, but there are some that had other dates (the one i went to was an extra day, they showed it the day before as well)
>>
>>9196316
Leave them alone, they live in Scotland, they have to have a reason to get out of bed, that place is depressing AF
>>
>>9196316
This is already a failure. I can't wait to see how they try to spin it when it falls flat on it's face.
>>
The LSCC announcement post was to annouce that they'll have another announcement in 2 weeks. And that they'll probably be moving LSCC to later in the year.
>>
>>9196457
Such beautiful organisation
>>
>>9196457
great, another con in the summer
>>
So, who are you betting on for ecg tomorrow
>>
>>9197495
Riddlerule or Helen Alice and Captain Amelia for group. Not sure about solos.

Any news on who the judges are?
>>
The MCM Scotland afterparty was quite good. I'm still drunk. Con itself was good too. Hopefully Sunday is chill.
>>
>>9198101
Probably kenny
>>
I think KyoKyo and Dewnor have a good chance in Anna and Elsa.
>>
I gotta ask, is it always that same guy cosplaying Alucard?
>>
>>9198705
is he thin or fat?
>>
How did ECG go? What were the skits like?
>>
>>9198749
I think they just announced results. I'm sure someone knows winners
>>
>>9198763
Exelia is one of them. Not sure bout the rest.
>>
>>9198763
Helen and her partner
>>
>>9198763
Wonderland Cosplay for Group (Helen & Captain Amelia)

Presenters needed slapping, shoddy work.
>>
>>9198844
What did the presenters do?
>>
>>9198873
It was tabby and some dude
>>
>>9198774
Who were the runners up? What was the competition like?
>>
>>9198889
KyoKyo and Dewnor were runners up group
>>
>>9198889
Amazonian was runner up solo
>>
>>9198924

Not sure about her blackfacing desu. It was a bit borderline.
>>
>>9198949
The actress of the character is white though? Getting a slight tan isnt blackfacing
>>
>>9198949
Fake tan aside, at least her costume looked alot better than the solo who actually won.
>>
File: EGX.jpg (112KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
EGX.jpg
112KB, 960x540px
>>9198889

Heres an image
>>
>>9198981
I think that's just awful lighting. Besides this is the uk qualifiers, and we all know only the french blackface. Actually, maybe she would have fit right in at the finals then..
>>
>>9198971
Any proper pictures of them both? I walked past the solo winner and to be honest it didn't seem to be ecg level detail
>>
>>9199036
All the other people are still white
>>
>>9199057
As said before, she had a tan. But that's not blackface
>>
>>9199060
Yeah, the actress in the film is white...
>>
File: eurocosplay.png (3MB, 1308x959px) Image search: [Google]
eurocosplay.png
3MB, 1308x959px
>>9199043

Amazonian on the left, Exelia on the right.
>>
>>9199076
costume is only half the points
>>
>>9199131
What did exelia do for her performance?
>>
>>9199212
What did Amazonian do for her performance?
>>
>>9199213
I wasn't there, hence asking.
>>
>>9199213
Skit was alright. Some sort of described fight but you couldn't really hear it though.

Exelia's skit was better and her cosplay was sitich perfect. Amazonions had a few flaws like wonky seams in places. Was probably close but Exelia was better.
>>
>>9199677
Hi Helen
>>
>>9199677
Performance may have been a bit better but in terms of costume I can't really see why it won. It was nothing special.
>>
>>9199712
Complex costume =/= winning costume
>>
>>9199714
The winning costume was far worse though. Its obvious it was swung by performance.
>>
>>9199720

Pays to be friends with the judges these days.
>>
>>9199720
Define worse? If you mean not covered in beads then sure, but otherwise costume was spot on if you take the time to look at the references. Just because it looks simple doesn't mean it is.
>>
>>9199720
Scandal. Its almost like performance was 50%.-
>>
>>9199724
The judges were two Dutch girls, Kenny and Dandy Noodles. Exelia isn't exactly best friends with any of them.
>>
>>9199720
Hi Beth
>>
>>9199720
Winning costume was accurate to the refs and everything was very well made. Combine that with a good skit and you have a winning entry.
>>
>>9198981
>>9199043
>>9199725
Won't rate the UK's chances of winning high next year for solos or group
>>
>>9199750
Nobody rated Clockwork Dandy Noodles but she came 3rd... they have almost a year, can the salt.
>>
>>9199750
As if we ever stood a chance anyway, the uk is shit.
>>
>>9199746

Have you seen her Facebook page? She's all pals with those involved in WCS and the Clara Cow Cup including Kenny & Lisu, two of the judges from yesterday for ECG.

UK cosplay competition is a joke lol. There's never a "nobody" that actually gets through to the larger contests, they always have connections.
>>
>>9199756

I honestly feel as though the pool for skits has gotten shallower than a puddle on a sunny day. It's always the same sort of thing with very few daring to be different, and if someone does everyone copies it so that idea becomes stale. I really felt that watching the finalists this year. I hope someone can pull something out of the bag for the finals.
>>
>>9199761

I feel the same. I'm regarded a nobody and even when you think you have a good shot there will always be that one person who announces they're going for it and you have a moment of wondering why you bother because they're going to lick the arses of the judges. I Think this is why people get derailed from doing the things that they love and go for things that are popular, overcomplicated outside of their skill set or getting their knockers out for points.
>>
>>9199766
>popular
>overcomplicated
>knockers out

So you haven't looked at photos of the winners have you?
>>
>>9199769
Anon meant that everyone else goes for those 3 things because they get intimidated by the well-known people announcing that they're entering.
>>
>>9199771
That's probably why they don't win then.
>>
>>9199769

I posted the photo you dingdong.

I'm referring more to the casual masqs you get rather than the bigger comps since I have nowhere near enough confidence to throw myself into those bloodbaths. I'd like to keep my limbs and try winning a few smaller ones before I even consider them.

Add copious amounts of worbla armour to my previous list though. I forgot that one.
>>
>>9199761
You're a fucking idiot. She knows people from WCS and CCCC because she has won the qualifiers for both of those contests and gone over to compete in the finals.
She has several competition wins under her because -shock horror -she's a great cosplayer.
>>
>>9199771
Only the solo winner is well known by the judges though. Every other person in that winners' photo is a nobody
>>
>>9199786

I wouldn't say KyoKyo is a nobody, having guested at cons before and being posted here for positive reasons. However I think the downfall was the length of the skirt in her Elsa cosplay. The original source shows it at floor length but it was knee length for some reason?
I dont know, maybe it was to do with the performance itself and it's hiding something? Fill me in gulls!
>>
>>9199786
We talk about them quite often but they're nobodies.
>>
>>9199790

It's funny because the ones we talk about that aren't nobodies are complete asshats.
>>
>>9199789
You're looking at the wrong source, they were based on Disney on ice.

Why are we talking about all the runners up though? Can't we bitch about the winners instead that's so much more fun.
>>
>>9199801

I didn't even know that was a thing.

Why is this even a thing?
>>
>>9199805
It's only a thing so they can deflect and stop themselves from being a target. Whilst giving them the go ahead to shower the thread in their salt from losing.
>>
>>9199805
They must have picked those designs because they're simple. They weren't well made the bodices looked like boxes.
>>
>>9199806

I meant Disney on ice. I must've been living under a very mossy rock somewhere to have not heard of this. Usually when I see variations I instantly think they're face characters from the parks or those designer dolls, but ice skating costumes is a new concept to me

>>9199808
Yeah it's a shame really since I've seen KK do much better. I wasn't aware that she was entering but it is a huge step down.
>>
>>9199813
My bad.

The point still stands though.
>>
>>9199806
They're good friends with the winners though so your point doesn't really make sense
>>
>>9199828

You've never been jealous of a friend?
You must be a saintly person.
>>
>>9199835
Jealously is one thing, but I doubt they would actively post on here when they're friends.
>>
>>9199808
Actually up close they looked quite well finished. Skit wasn't awful either, just more frozen. Weird choice going on ice though
>>
>>9199801
I'm actually really disappointed the group winners didn't change their skit more, I've seen them do practically the same thing before at one of the mcms. Just more polished this time.
>>
>>9199902
yea because practice makes perfect
>>
>>9199908
And boring
>>
>>9199801
The winners were alright. Decent costumes with a change, from what I can tell. I'll be interested to see what they did for their skit.
>>
>>9199920
Desperate to see solos winners skit after all the salt above, any links?
>>
>>9199915
I know I would rather watch one good performance than 100 shit ones.
>>
>>9199926
Haven't seen any videos yet. Hope someone will post once there up
>>
>>9199937
Good bit was the tear away skirt rest was only okay. I'd rather watch a skit that's good the whole way through
>>
>>9199920
Other than the dress it seemed different to last time.
>>
>>9199946
Hildaglitz has put up some photos
>>
>>9199902
I was at both, if you're talking about Birmingham? and it looked like a pretty different skit imo, it was definitely longer.
>>
>>9199961
Yeah it was a completely different skit to the brum one. Brand new dress underneath the blue one, and a entirely new storyline in the skit. Was also double the length.
>>
>>9199962
Seemed to actually be about Alice in Wonderland this time. The previous one was pretty generic
>>
>>9199965
I mean, it was a Yaya style skit with trying to tick all the performance boxes. It's a competition - the audience opinion isn't the priority desu
>>
>>9199968
It was solid. Alice is pretty easy for a fun performance. I'll be interested to see if they take a risk at the finals.
I mean it wasn't a fight scene. I'm thankful for that.
>>
>>9199967
Previous one was almost a direct rip off of the Alice skit at wcs a few years back. At lest this one was their own
>>
>>9199972
It's Alice. It's pretty limited and everyone has done it. I doubt they ripped it off. Their just guilty of not being original
>>
>>9199971
Define 'take a risk'.
>>
>>9199988
Do something w/ emotion or a more complicated lip sync or props. If your doing a quite simple dance to something cheery its bound to go well but its not reli 'wow' is it?
>>
>>9200002
Seconded
>>
I don't know the full story, but one of the judges of the cosplay competition at Doki Doki this year is a cosplayer who entered that same competition last year and didn't win anything.
Looking back too, if you ask me as well her costume was the weakest in there as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YtTsBvyiA4
(She's the last entrant).
Thoughts, gulls?
>>
>>9200088
went on their site of the three listed id be most worried about morning girl. she buys all her stuff. At least the other two make and one makes really well.
>>
>>9200088
Not being able to do something yourself doesn't mean you can't recognise it done well.

That's the foundation of most critic's jobs.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Sakizo just an artist? And Alice's World was just an art book of hers?

I mean obviously it must be okay and maybe there's a grey area, or they wouldn't have been approved to enter, but doesn't cosplaying purely from artwork defeat the point of performing?

Like not to discuss similarities to Cupcake Cosplay and Yaya Han's Alice skits, to be fair there's a bucket load of Alice skits in the world, these are just more high profile because of who did them....but aren't performances marked on character and series representation?

If you can cosplay from artwork and cobble together from popular media (Painting the Roses Red was a Disney-ism wasn't it?) what's to stop someone commissioning a themed design just to make to win competitions?

Thoughts?
>>
>>9200101
Oh gosh, you're right. Not had chance to check out all of the judges social media yet.
Either her costumes are crazy well made they look bought or they're straight up bought. I'm more inclined to believe the latter due to there being no 'in progress' pictures on her Facebook. Worrying.

>>9200103
True. Nothing against the cosplayer, I just recognised her from last year and found it a little odd that they would invite someone back that didn't win anything. To be fair, I checked her Facebook page and she has gotten better since last year, but most cosplay judges normally have a few noteworthy awards under their belt before they judge.
>>
>>9200114
Or they're in the right place right time, or they offer. Depends on the con.

Agreed that noteworthy judges lend credibility to any competition though.
>>
>>9200112
>Disney-ism wasn't it?
What are books?
>>
>>9200112
>but doesn't cosplaying purely from artwork defeat the point of performing?
no? They're literally cosplaying characters from Alice in Wonderland, but an artist's interpretation of their designs.
Secondly, painting the roses red is in the book and walking through the looking glass etc are in the original books, disney then adapted them.

>what's to stop someone commissioning a themed design just to make to win competitions?
I don't see the problem with this unless the commissioned designer is also making the costume and performing it too?
>>
>>9200145
Also, the rule on elegibility is usually that if cosplaying from an artwork, it must be 'a published artwork' so still your issue is a non-issue
>>
File: tru.webm (348KB, 714x396px) Image search: [Google]
tru.webm
348KB, 714x396px
>>9199988
Take a shit on stage, do some stand up, bring on a live animal, expose the jews.
>>
>>9200088
Doki doki's a tiny con and I was a bit surprised at first but she's actually really improved recently.
>>
>>9200112
Sakizo has been a popular source of inspiration for ages now. There were two Sakizo cosplayers in last year's Eurocosplay; one got an honourable mention and the other won overall. There was at least one Sakizo cosplayer the year before as well.
>>
>>9200139
>>9200145
It's been a long time, I couldn't remember if it was in the books. Hence question but fair enough.
>>
>>9200260
EuroCosplay is more about just the costume though.

Don't get me wrong, the artist's work is gorgeous, the duo did beautiful renditions.

But performing from one source (the characters as defined in the books) and cosplaying from a derivative still seems a contradiction?
>>
>>9200277
So when Kenny and Kerry randomly danced to the cheeky girls it wasn't a deviation. Skits don't have to be accurate. They just have to be entertaining and tell a story
>>
>>9200277
It's just a re-design. The story is still the same. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about it.
>>
>>9200244
Yeah, I think I was a bit hard on her saying she was the worst in the comp. She has gotten a lot better, I think she did Tracer from Overwatch recently and it's pretty darn good. I was just a little confused about her position as a judge.

Any gulls going to Doki Doki this year anyway whilst we're on the topic?
>>
>>9200295
It's only a discussion, this is still a forum right?

Stop making everything out to be dramatic

>>9200293
Fair point. I think I'm too used to theater scenes.
>>
>>9200277
a saziko costume of the same alice design was in the ecg finals this year. Wasn't as well made as this one though.
>>
>>9200323
Cheshire was well made, the Alice looked like it was falling apart in places when i saw it
>>
>>9200432
Is that because it was a quick change outfit and had to come away easily?
>>
>>9200432
>Falling apart
Missed the point huh? The red one under it looked well done.
>>
>>9200432
I think you've confused falling apart with being a quick change outfit with poppers holding it on.
>>
>>9200432
It was terrible it even fell apart on stage
>>
>>9200474
can't believe they're just copying kenny and kerry with the costumes falling apart on stage this is a disgrace
>>
>>9200438
>>9200474
No shit.

ruffles were falling of it, looked ripped to me. I didn't get close enough to see whether the poppers were just badly hidden (which completely defeats the point of a quick change) or wether is was badly sewn
>>
>>9200480
Pretty sure the quick change had trouble, as it looked as if the tear away got stuck and didn't come off in one go, whilst not falling off stage, stood in the back though so i was to far away to be certain
>>
>>9200535
yeah it got stuck before she twirled and didnt come off, had to tug it a few times afterwards, i was sat a bit closer.
>>
>>9200643
Anyone have a video of it yet
>>
what happened with Emi-zone and felixize entering?
>>
>>9201139
Presumably didn't finish. They'll probably be at C4
>>
MCM has changed their wristband/ticket policy:
http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/2016/09/27/wristbands-collection-a-new-ticket-policy-for-future-mcm-london-shows/

>Following on from feedback we have received after the weekend tickets for MCM London Comic Con sold out in record time, we’re happy to announce that if you have bought multiple single day tickets you will be able to collect your wristbands in advance to avoid having to queue each morning.

>Working with the venue, we’re happy to announce that if you have purchased a Friday Priority Ticket or a Weekend Ticket then you can collect your wristbands early on Thursday 27th October 17:00-20:00 at the west entrance industry desk.
>If you can’t get to the venue on Thursday and you have Weekend Tickets, or Saturday Priority Tickets you can also collect your wristband at 17:00-19:00 on Friday in the queue hall. If you have Sunday Priority Tickets you can collect your Sunday Wristband at 16:00-18:00 on Saturday in the queue hall.

>Beginning in 2017, an Early Bird Weekend Ticket will be available in the same quantity and same price as current Weekend Tickets. Once these have sold out you will be able to purchase a Standard Weekend Ticket for the same price as 3 single day tickets. This ticket type will be available to purchase until Single Day Priority Tickets sell out on any one day. Buying a single Priority Day Ticket or General Day Entry will of course still be options too.

tl;dr you can collect multiple tickets in one day instead of lining up each day, then walk straight in on the actual day
>>
>>9201139
They must have realised there's no free trip to Japan and gave up
>>
>>9201160
There is if you win the whole competition though isn't there?
>>
>>9201139
They were in the audience. Apparently slated most on stage except the solo winner because friend. Great UK reps we have.
>>
File: 20.jpg (7KB, 173x124px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
7KB, 173x124px
>>9196316
oh no, someone's doing something I don't like.
>>
>>9198127
Mate I was fucking ill from the Rockstar stall, it was the only thing I had at that point that could've set me off.
>>
>>9201188
They sound like lovely people. Glad they didn't finish.
>>
>>9201188
Such nice people. Probably mad they didn't win even though they dropped out. Probably knew they wouldn't win so quit before they lost.
>>
>>9201188
They did the same with the WCS reps the year after they went. Talented girls but they don't seem very friendly.
>>
>>9201188
Solo winner was slating cosplayers and particular hosts on stage herself beforehand, they're all full of themselves.
>>
>>9201303
Except she wasn't lol. She was backstage all of Sunday chatting to other entries and helping out. She did tweet about there being a bad host on Saturday but otherwise this is shit.
>>
>>9201312
>>9201303
The hosts were being shit. Highlight was tabby swearing down the mic
>>
>>9201303
Careful your salt is showing. Solo winner was lovely.
>>
>>9201318
Highlight was telling the audience the finals were at the wrong con... Her friend went last year how did she even get it wrong?
>>
>>9201347
What con did she say it was?
>>
>>9201459
"Now Japan"
>>
>>9201188
Nice anecdote, amazing the things people pull out of their arses these days lol. Emi has never said a bad word about anyone, there's few people nicer than her in the con scene - stay salty.
>>
>>9201641
You should do stand up
>>
>>9201188
>>9201280
>>9201303
What is this bullshit lol
Stop spreading your salty rumours, no one is buying them.
>>
>>9201641 lol whatever you say
>>
>>9201650
>>9201657
Unless you have a specific example or evidence nobody is buying rumours like this? Stay mad lol
>>
>>9201188

''Apparently''
>>
>>9201661
well I was sitting nearby and could see them whispering next to each other and pointing and laughing at the acts on stage, it's not difficult to draw conclusions like that from body language
>>
>>9201651
They really weren't happy with the two girls last minute costume change for the finals. Felt it reflected badly on them for choosing them in the first place. That's pretty much a quote.
>>
>>9201668
Considering they weren't even sat next to each other this is hilarious. Your salt was entertaining but lets get back to the point of this thread.

Were any of the acts recorded?
>>
>>9201674
>Generic and non specific statement
>That's pretty much a quote

Lol
>>
>>9201674
What?
>>
>>9201680
Hardly. But it was a year ago, I can only paraphrase.
>>
>>9201678
Well, I watched the Twitter live stream recorded by Felixize, it's not the best quality but it had all the acts on.

And you know, a surprising lack of shit talking considering this thread seems to think it was a non stop bitch fest.
>>
https://discord.gg/4K4zA
>>
>>9201685
This.
>>
>>9201685
Their Twitter says it all really. That and the rest of their crew all had unpleasant things to say
can't slate Emi for that though
>>
>>9201641
>>9201651
>>9201661
>>9201678
obviously the same person
"rumours" "buying it" "lol"
Also you like to bring up salt a lot my god
>>
>>9201685
If you were on her twitter and linked to her group you would have seen the bitchfest for yourself. Of course people are not going to slam too much if they're streaming, come on.
>>
>>9201767
Lauren's always had a tendecy to bitch though. She changes her opinion based on who she's talking to. Take everything she says with a pinch of salt.
>>
File: 000.png (9KB, 332x148px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
9KB, 332x148px
>>9201743
wrong again
>>
>>9201781
...why did you screencap this
>>
>>9201778
So she is basically a shit person. Good to know
>>
>>9201767
Then what's the point of kicking off and saying that they spent the event shit talking other cosplayers when there's clearly proof they didn't? This is one hell of a vendetta.
>>
>>9202163
there is proof. They just said Twitter and surprise surprise, you can shit talk over Twitter. Go and read it if you don't believe
>>
>>9201150

Unless you're general. Sad times.
>>
>>9202190
Gotta pay for perks
>>
>>9202156
No, she's a sweetheart with an extremely sassy attitude. The shit she says should not be taken seriously, it's just her sense of humor. Not everyone's cup of tea. Can't speak for Emi as I've never interacted with her but she's seen very nice and genuine anytime I've bumped into her with friends of her friends.

Please just drop the vendetta and talk about cosplays instead.
>>
We, the group, were laughing at the hosting which was pretty dire (they're not professionals though so what do you expect, it was just funny) and the random audio cock-ups not the acts. Everyone was really impressed with most of the acts and disappointed for the ones that didn't go as well as they should have due to little issues. We did laugh about Fairy Tail showing off basically his whole dick on stage because of his thin leggings but that was the extent of the group opinion of the show. We cheered and clapped for everyone, some harder than others obviously because they were our friends. Chill out folks, we're all human.
>>
>>9202205
Encouraging people to upload videos of cosplayers having things go wrong for them?
"@kagamisdick omfg you seriously need to upload them somewhere I need to witness the magic again"
"@kagamisdick he is the cosplayer the UK needs, but not the one it needs right now"
"@Schecter006 such a creative use of flags"

all pulled from her Twitter. So sweet so sassy am I right
Multiple posters have been here saying the same thing. when will people learn not to be bitchy to other competitors, esp. if you're a previous rep.
Emi seems genuinely nice though
>>
>>9202228
#1 refers to the shit fest when someone threw a bag of sweets before the show began and the organiser lost her shit.

#2 - probably about the natsu

#3 - a direct quote from one of the presenters. They were awful, they're slamming the presenter not the cosplayer.

Wow look at all that -bitching-
>>
>>9202228
This was said during ECG? OK wow. Heard enough of her now. Can we please go back to talking about the next UK convention instead of these bitches
>>
>>9202231
#1 was actually referring to a video someone made of slo-mo disasters for the cosplayers on stage. So nice try.
>>
>>9202234
This.
>>
>>9202237
-One out of three accusations
-An apparent video 'someone else' made, point being, not the person you're writing shit about.
Are we done here?
>>
>>9202228
I'm so curious what this girl did to you for you to be so sensitive about 3 or 4 tweets she made. You're calling her out while simultaneously shit talking her behind an anonymous front, it's pretty hypocritical - those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
>>
>>9202250
let it die
>>
>>9202250
There seem to be a lot of people posting about this person so guessing it's not a personal issue here. she's been on 4chan since the Homestuck days so plenty are familiar with her name and the way she can be about competitive cosplay. The tweets were probably just recent examples of this behaviour. let's just move on.
>>
>>9202156
I would have said crowd pleaser. Basically the same thing.
>>
>>9202261
Sort of related to both things, why did she change her online handle? And she seems to have deleted her Facebook page. With the fact her and Emi-zone dropped out of ECG has she quit cosplay?
>>
>>9202313

Shes done this before actually now that you mention it.
>>
>>9202313
She deleted her page a long time ago, so this has nothing to do with it.
She hasn't quit cosplay. Them dropping out of ECG is most likely just because they weren't satisfied with their work and wanted to wait till next time. This is the 2nd time they've dropped out, last time was due to time restraints if I remember correctly. (Haven't been on twitter in forever and I pay very little attention to Facebook so I might be wrong about them planning on entering once before).
>>
>>9202321
Any progress shots on what they were going to enter with?
>>
>>9202190
General here too. Sucks
>>
>>9202228
her friend group have slammed other cosplayer friends before on twitter and lost them because of it. this is nothing new. sad to see they're still at it.
>>
File: image.jpg (549KB, 1026x770px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
549KB, 1026x770px
>>9203184
They were doing Tracer and Mercy. Tracer costume is looking good so far, but clearly unfinished, it's not clear if Emi-zone sewed this or not. Not seen much of Mercy
>>
>>9203184
it was Overwatch.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1566x1176px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1566x1176px
>>9203321
>>9203184
Not sure what the bees are about but the jacket is alright
>>
>>9203321
Felixize sewed that.
>>
>>9203321
Emi-zone has always been better with a glue gun than a sewing machine
>>
They didn't even enter, can we change the subject?

Expo is next month, any plans?
>>
>>9203353
Any news on who's entering CCCC?
>>
>>9203325
Source?
>>
>>9203416
I'm friends with her on Facebook, she posted it and added a caption about how this was her first time working with leather or sewing this type of jacket, something like that.
>>
>>9203422

Straight from her fb..

>Not sure where to share cosplay photos now I don't have a page anymore, but I'm pretty happy with this jacket me and Emi worked on so figured I would post it!
>>
>>9203428
Shit man, my mistake. Looks like I mixed her up with another friend who's also working on a Tracer cosplay right now.

Either way, as another anon have said, they didn't enter the competition and there's really no point in talking about it any further. Move on to Expo talk or something.
>>
>>9203545
They're likely entering C4 at Expo. Does that make them relevant?
>>
>>9203644
Well considering they were entering as a trio with Isamiaella I doubt they'll be entering C4
>>
>>9203677
You can make a team of 2 from 3 you know.
>>
>>9203644
according to Felixize's twitter, they're not.
Does anyone know who actually is?
>>
>>9204361
Riddlerule are going to improve their costumes and performance from ECG and try C4 instead
>>
Are there still no videos of the ECG qualifiers up?
>>
>>9204407
Were they the jesters with their butt cracks hanging out?
>>
>>9204448

They were the jesters, yes.
Didnt know about the buttcracks though.
>>
>>9204407
Glad to see this. I felt for them and can understand things going pearshaped on stage so pleased they're coming back for another go
>>
>>9204488

What happened?
>>
>>9204493
The hats unfortunately fell off on stage
I was just happy to see someone cosplaying Zorn and thorn to be honest
>>
I'm glad they're giving it another go. The performance wasn't bad, it needed less of the puppet show and more of them on stage and obviously they need to find a way of affixing the wigs and hats so they don't come off during vigorous movement (I heard they didn't get a chance to practice much with the hats on so it's understandable), and the blue one needs to learn the skit by heart because he didn't mime along enough, but if they tweaked all that it'd be a pretty great performance. The voices were good and the story was cute. His buttcrack was totally on show at one point so he should probably get better fitting tights but the costumes weren't bad at all. White face paint is quite hard and it looked really decent, the costumes were detailed too.
>>
>>9204532
This exactly. Also feel you on the white make-up. that stuff can be a bitch to keep flawless all day
>>
>>9204532
are you sure you saw the white face paint up close? It looked like shit, and so did the prosthetics. They were p much falling off. And thats at the beginning of the day. Its a shame because I likes the costumes, but they put no work into the makeup.
>>
>>9204566
>>9204537
I never like doing prosthetics and full face make up for competition. Mostly because judging is always so early and you can't afford to lose patience with it cause it really can known you off kilter for the whole day.
I don't mind when it's for non-comp stuff where I can just chill and get ready.
>>
>>9204566

They only have themselves to blame because they didn't try everything together until the day of the con, then wonder why everything looks like crap or is falling apart.
Honestly she shouldnt be doing this with her partner because it looks as though she does all the work and he's dead weight. When she collaborated with a friend with a bit more talent the skit went a lot more smoothly because she wasn't making both of the costumes AND the props AND the set AND just about everything else. One person can only do so much, but it shows which one is actually invested in performing.
>>
>>9204743
You'd think she'd learn by now, he seriously drags her down. If he's not willing to put effort in for at least the performance she should just enter with a friend instead and do a much better job
>>
>>9204698
Personally I don't like doing it for a con full stop. Never looks good after a couple of hours, just results in shitty pictures of me existing on the internet. I prefer to just do those type of cosplays for shoots.
>>
File: beth.jpg (164KB, 498x964px) Image search: [Google]
beth.jpg
164KB, 498x964px
So, prioritising being a judge and cosplay over family. She's had a record of winning an award after claiming a prop was her own work but this takes the cake
>>
>>9205960
wow that is just....pathetically selfish. She doesn't even be there for her own parent.
>>
And yet she'll happily skip out of college to take her mum to an appointment. Family is only important when it suits her.
Selfish little brat
>>
>>9205960
wow. it has nothing to do with the relative most likely living through the experience, it has everything to do with showing up to support said relative and show you care.

if she were to suffer some traumatizing but otherwise non-life threatening illness and ended up hospitalized, i highly doubt she'd be understanding if her family blew her off for a few days because they had other plans.

what a brat.
>>
>>9205996
>Granddad
>Stroke
>non-life threatening

I mean he could be a vegetable. Chance he could very easily suffer another stroke in a short while but it's cool don't sweat she'll pay for any medical expense by selling her prints of tits. Gramps is cool with that.
>>
>>9205960
Going to BAGC can be saved for another time; her grandfather won't be around forever.

I cancelled one con when my father died, so why couldn't she have been just as considerate to her relative? She wouldn't have known if he would have gotten worse.

My nan died from one, and my uncle is currently recovering from one, so something like this makes my blood boil.
>>
>>9205960
Family members get sick and you have commitments sometimes. As you get older and this happens more, you realise you can't stop your life every time someone has a body malfunction. If he's doing okay, then he's doing okay. She can visit on Monday.

-sincerely someone who is sick a lot and has a lot of sick senpai
>>
>>9206041
I could swear I typed family and not senpai in that last sentence, but apparently not.
>>
>>9206041
Um, no, cosplay judging does *not* come before your parent having to suffer the loss of their own parent. Don't be a selfish twat. If it was some distant family member, I might understand, but that's not the case here.
>>
>>9206053
This. It's purely selfish to put an event over a family members wellbeing, no matter how sure you are that they're "fine" it's still difficult for others involved. The event can get another judge/guest on short notice if they need to, but she won't want to give up her spot because "muh fame"
>>
>>9206060
It's not even fame though, it's animeleague
>>
>>9206065
I actually noted that, but didn't wanna say anything.
>>
Despite the emphasis on cracking down on bootlegs for BAGC, half of the dealers hall, is in fact, selling bootlegs. It's very disappointing.
>>
>>9206041
Cosplay is NOT a commitment that should take priority over family who could, potentially speaking, die. And, not being funny, she drops college in order to go with her mum for an appointment - and education, in that situation, is a higher priority over a non-life threatening appointment.

Her priorities are fucked to high heaven.

Her mum wanted her to come as she needed support for her father taking a bad turn. She doesn't seem to have a partner to rely on, from what I know, so she was hoping her daughter would help her.

"aww mum, but I gotta judge and be a guest for a shitty con, who the day before fucked me about, I can't say cancel, they're relying on me!"

The fuck?!
>>
File: 1452684373078.png (27KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1452684373078.png
27KB, 499x499px
Who /racist/ here?
>>
What did people think of the EGX Saturday cosplay showcase comp?

Some of those people looked like they belonged in a casual masq, not a competition.
>>
>>9205960

>lol gramps had a stroke but I'm going to put that off for muh cosplay fame!

Some people man. I wish I could say that it's uncommon, but it isn't.
>>
>>9206501
kfc and watermelon
>>
>>9202231
you're saying the comment about the natsu wasn't bitchy? you're just as bad as she is. Noticed she went all sob story on her twitter after finding this thread too.

>>9205960
I'm speechless
>>
>>9206558
I followed her on Twitter purely after reading about all of her shit on here.
>>
>>9206065
Exactly. Tbh though I don't know what I expected in the first place seen as judging at an anime league event is hardly an astounding achievement. Most guests and 'Insiders' at AL tend to be deluded thinking they're cosfamous or something because Mike Towers wants them to guest at ~his~ convention. So her putting a convention over a family member hardly surprises me. Also them having someone like her that doesn't have a squeaky clean rep regarding competitive costuming doesn't strike me either.

I'd honestly love to know what goes through the minds of the guest cosplayers that stan AL. Pretty sure most of them have to frequent here and see the rep it has in general, but because they're in lil Ol Mike's good books and feel ~speshul~ they HAVE to turn a blind eye. Most can clearly see the organisation is dodgy, I'm 99% sure of that. I wouldn't have my name associated with them even if they paid me.
>>
>>9206661
As one of the guests, I can assure you that we were full aware of the rep. We were also not impressed with Mike's attitude before or during the con. Putting us down for panels and judging without even checking where we were, blunt replies and just generally being uncooperative. The guy didn't even come over to us to check we were set up or anything. The most we got was a guy offering us water at odd intervals. Never again. It was a shambles.
The rep AL has is justified.
No one checked our IDs or anything and I'm pretty sure the bar wasn't checking IDs, despite there being younger attendees. People were just walking in and there was no list of who was coming in or out of the event.
Whenever we asked for guidance from the gophers, no one seemed to know the answer.
Also the shuttle bus was a mess with a line of congoers waiting in the hotel lobby for ages. The hotel staff didn't know much of what was going on either. We eventually found the bus (which seated about six people) in a car park at the back of the hotel.
The party consisted of ten people and finished at 11:30.
What bothers me is a lot of the people I spoke to didn't even know what other cons like Ame or Kita even were. I strongly question why anyone would willingly want to go to an AL event considering how unprofessional everything is.
>>
>>9205960
She always complains about money, but seems to have money to buy more materials
>>
>>9206691
Just out of interest, why did you decide to guest when you were aware of the rep?
>>
Who won the Cosplay Championship thing Animeleague have been on about for the past year?
>>
>>9206715
Curiosity I suppose? Plus as we would be with friends we thought it'd be a laugh but we've never been to an AL event before...now we can see why it has the rep it does
>>
>>9206719
also interested.
>>
So did kerry get fired from artyfakes or something? When she started there she just said she was hired, suddenly it was an internship and she's leaving to be a full time prop maker..
>>
>>9206781
Guess she was no use to them after she was caught out for cheating at ECG and didn't win them any recognition
>>
>>9206786
she was? details?
>>
>>9206799
Not og poster but basically what I gathered is that because she was working for artyfakes that technically made her a professional so was ineligible to enter. Not to mention it's rather obvious she got a lot of help from the artyfakes team making the thing lol
>>
>>9206838
wasn't sands a professional costumer when she won ecg though? I would have thought it would be less that, and more the obvious help.
>>
>>9206843
>>9206838
I think the issue was she made it at Artyfakes. Meaning Tabby or Tabbys Dad actually made the costume.
>>
>>9206850
Yeah she was being too obvious about the obvious Artyfakes connection and definitely had more help on the costume than is allowed in the rules
>>
>>9206838
talk about a back fire
>>
>>9206870
Explains why they didn't place at ecg
>>
>>9206850
It is very obviously made with great help from them. It looks just like an artyfakes creation.
>>
>>9206881
That and the performance was utter shit
>>
File: _20161002_210831.jpg (162KB, 720x929px) Image search: [Google]
_20161002_210831.jpg
162KB, 720x929px
>>9206781
No mention of it being an internship here.
>>
>>9206691
>>9206743
I write that pesky blog everyone seems to hate. Are you willing to go on record on this?
>>
>>9206411
I caught an AL guy at a booth in the dealer's room at Ame selling bootlegs.

I see him all the time, though. He's like at every con I go to, selling shitty-printed scrolls, posters and shirts that look like they came from Vistaprint or something.
>>
File: deadsite.jpg (109KB, 572x822px) Image search: [Google]
deadsite.jpg
109KB, 572x822px
rip /cgl/

Where will britgulls go now?
>>
>>9206411
>Despite the emphasis on cracking down on bootlegs for BAGC, half of the dealers hall, is in fact, selling bootlegs. It's very disappointing.
I'm amazed that an AL event only has half the people selling fake shit. The last one I went to it was 100% so that's a massive improvement.
>>
>>9206558
I was there and that Natsu's skirt came off and everyone saw his dick through the tights he was wearing. I am not surprised they had something to say, no one wanted to see that. No idea why he was in ECG and not the showcase?
>>
>>9207915
delusional
>>
>>9207096
MCM expo facebook group. The only place on the internet that might be more cancerous than here.
>>
>>9207915
it's clear there isn't something right with him mentally though. Maybe he didn't realise the extent of the competition and thought it was the showcase he had signed up for?
He's a nobody. yeah his costume malfunction was unfortunate but as long as he's not being a total jerk who cares
>>
>>9208829
Something like this happens in every big competition. Makes me wonder if they should ask for progress or photos of previous costumes when applying so they can vet out the natsus\crocks
>>
>>9208832
You can't really police who enters a competition, though. I know some European events have an application system because they get so many entries so they have to shortlist people, but we get so few in the UK it'd only drive people away. It happens in pretty much every competition, big or small, people just don't realise what they've actually signed up for and don't do any research before they send the application.
>>
>>9206041
When all your family is gone and you can't remember their faces because you decided some anime league event was more important, then you'll understand. And then when you're on your death bed and your family are out dressing like nob heads, as you gasp your last breath in your cold and lonely hospital room, at least you can say "I did it for the facebook likes". Don't toy with your family, we're not on this planet long. Cosplay and events aren't as important as them.
>>
i miss Geo San Fumes. Where's he at these days
>>
>>9203324
Manchester symbol perhaps? "Working bees"
>>
>>9210236
I was thinking the same. I want to call this guy >>9208881 Guiltu-chan
>>
>>9210244
>Guiltu-chan
Well that anon fucking deserves it. Family is too precious and they will be gone before you know it.
>>
I've been going to MCM for years but I haven't been the the last 2 or so years because I didn't enjoy it so much anymore. Well, in the end I didn't attend any cons this year due to timing and decided to cave and go to MCM just so I could hang out with some old friends for a day. What do people do at MCM anymore? I remember being surprised at how unsociable people were nowadays, compared to before. Suppose that can't be avoided since it's much less a "niche" community now.
>>
>>9210267

I completely agree. I lost my nana this year and I'm kicking myself for not going to see her before they died.

Mine wasn't cosplay bs though; she lived in Ireland so I needed to get time off work in order to go over and they wouldn't allow it. Wish I had just quit: shit job anyway. Thought I had longer than a month to visit as well.

Elderly family can take a sudden turn for the worse, really gonna gamble that shit on cosplay of all things?
>>
I decided to bite the bullet and go back to MCM, but am choosing to be a steward for the day.
>>
>>9210516
>I remember being surprised at how unsociable people were nowadays
Never found that at MCM desu, last time I went I had a random qt Tatsumaki cosplayer resting her head on my lap in the midde of a hallway
>>
>>9210558

I'm with you guys. In in a big group which requires me to be around but my aunt has been fighting cancer for two years, coming up to three. If I got the call that things were going south I'd ditch my group faster than anything because it's just a fleeting thing, whereas family is something that's always been there. Even if I don't see them, I'll be there to support my folks. That means more to me than any cosplay or convention.
>>
Is it true you're all grills?
>>
>>9211224

No.
>>
>>9211224
There are no girls on the internet, or guys, just trolls
>>
Anybody cosplaying PLAY Expo this weekend?
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (17KB, 470x376px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
17KB, 470x376px
>tfw i don't know what to go as to MCM

aaaaaa
>>
>>9210236
Someone other than me was enjoying those posts! They were the only thing in this thread that genuinly made me curious gossip-wise and made me laugh. Godspeed that anon.
>>
>>9211689
I want Geo San Fumes to live blog MCM
>>
>>9211692
Geosan Fumes is the hero MCM deserves
>>
>>9211892
All the while Geo-San fumes because he is not GeoSan Fumes and will never be the legend that is GeoSan Fumes.
>>
>>9211603
I am, only got the Sunday off from work though
You cosplaying?
>>
>>9210516
Go to an actual convention with panels and stuff instead of a big exhibitor room? MCM isn't really a convention, it's a big pop up shop.
>>
>>9211667
You're cutting it pretty close, Robin.
>>
>>9211981
I am but I'm going Saturday pal, shame! Coming down from Blackpool.

Convention should be good, though, hope you enjoy yourself! Who are you going as?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161007-220423.png (789KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161007-220423.png
789KB, 1440x2560px
Why does she think this looks good
>>
>>9213160
Why does she think any of her cosplays look good to be honest
>>
File: fuck.gif (367KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
367KB, 300x224px
>>9213160
£1000.
>>
>>9213160
Ugh furries
>>
>>9210516
I went for my first and last time in 2014. I queued for four hours in the rain, spent three hours inside and spent a shit load of money. I have literally zero positive memories of that convention. there was absolutely nothing to do! it was packed, too, they must be able to afford a bigger venue than the GMEX by now because it's just not sufficient. I skipped the next two because I knew I'd be bored, even with friends.

I go to every Play Expo I can now. everything MCM has but with a shit ton of free play video games.
>>
>>9211603
Im on my way there, cosplay plans took a turn for the worse so I caved and wore a bought cosplay
>>
>>9213694
Who are you cosplaying as? I'm on the train myself right now!
>>
>>9213700
I'm wearing a dodgy Kaito cosplayer from eBay that I've made a few minor mods to due to my height. Currently sat in the queue. Saw a great D.va on the bus, didn't expect play expo to be anywhere near this cosplayer heavy
>>
>>9213730
this queue tho man
>>
>>9213412
Still don't know what the judges were thinking.
>>
What small cons are on after MCM this year? Thinking about going to Doki Doki is there anything else?
>>
File: _20161008_142638.jpg (171KB, 720x938px) Image search: [Google]
_20161008_142638.jpg
171KB, 720x938px
>>
>>9213851
I can't tell if she's posting ironically now
>>
>>9213851
Ugghhhh fuck offffff
>>
>>9214002
I'm friends with her on her personal - she's not.
>>
>>9214127
You must have a drinking problem to be able to cope with her
>>
>>9213694
>>9213730
You like your Tekken eh lad?
>>
>>9214134
I do now, never used to. I'll try and avoid turning this into /v/ but akuma makes it very easy for non-tekken players to jump in and do well.

Back to /cgl/ I'm just going to head down in plain clothes tomorrow, I'm used to my bought backup costumes blending in with all the kids at mcm. However play expo's cosplay game was on point to the extend that I dropped a cosplay meet as I didn't want to waste a photographer's time with my eBay trash.

Great day though, would go again
>>
>>9214374
That's a shame about your cosplay pal, hope you have better luck with it next year. Enjoy your Sunday, I'm gonna stay home and chill
>>
>>9214649
It happens, means I get to test the one on working on at Blackburn con instead where standards are lower.
Enjoy your lazy Sunday
>>
>>9213848
There's plenty of small cons running but it's all just your bog standard comic cons running in sport centres/town halls. Wigan at the start of December is usually decent if you're in the area but not worth travelling any great distance to. I'd recommend avoiding any GEEKS or Unleashed cons though.
>>
>>9213160
Please tell me shes not blacking up
>>
>>9215461
Please tell me she is. The shitstorm will be hilarious.
>>
>>9215461
She probably will considering she painted her face for Simba, but this time it'll be even more offensive.
>>
>>9215835
As if simba wasn't offensive already
>>
LSCC 2017 announced

"London Super Comic-Con (LSCC) are proud to announce that our next event will be held during the 2017 August Bank holiday weekend. It will be a three-day event held at the Business Design Centre (BDC) in Angel Islington. The dates are as follows:

>> Friday 25th to Sunday 27th August 2017"
>>
>>9216140
Well that's not so bad I guess, it doesn't clash with anything, but that makes what, four cons in August now? Autumn and winter are so dead, and spring will be dead this year too with no kita/ame. It's a shame.
>>
>>9216154
Clashes with almost everything.

Kita week before
Same weekend as insomnia
Dragon con week after
Same week as many festivals, including some in London meaning bad travel

Central London, bank holiday weekend, hotels will cost a fortune.

Bye lscc was nice knowing you
>>
>>9216140
Literally the same weekend as Notting hill carnival, reading and Leeds festival AND insomnia lmao RIP lscc
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11KB, 376x44px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11KB, 376x44px
It's not all bad.
>>
File: 1422831758780.jpg (86KB, 404x656px) Image search: [Google]
1422831758780.jpg
86KB, 404x656px
>>>9216255
NEW LSCC POSTER
>>
>>9216140
Reason LSCC is good
>In the spring when nothing is on
>At Excel

fucked that one up
>>
File: 2016-10-14 05.34.23.png (1MB, 1072x1311px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-14 05.34.23.png
1MB, 1072x1311px
Lmfao
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.