[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't know which thread this would be most appropriate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: qe7d8tq.jpg (506KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
qe7d8tq.jpg
506KB, 1067x1600px
I didn't know which thread this would be most appropriate in so I just decided to make one.

I'm a guy, it's a dumb story but one of my friends saved my life basically and I told her I'd do whatever she wanted to make it up to her. She is into cosplay and lolita and she later linked me pic related and said she wants the two of us to dress up like this. This is pretty much as far away from my comfort zone as possible but I don't feel like I can say no so I'm going to try to be a good sport and have fun with it, I essentially just said "sure sounds fun" and she's massively looking forward to it. I told her she could just pick out the clothes for me but she said that'd be too easy, she wants me to pick out my own co-ord (I've been doing a little research on the terms and stuff) and she'll match what I pick (she wants the theme to be sweet lolita). There's no deadline or anything, she just wants us to go to whatever convention is happening nearby whenever we have our outfits

So... How do I into lolita as a guy? I don't really have to worry about price because I've got money and she said she'd help cover it. I've never done anything like this before though, I don't even dress up for halloween, I've never worn girls clothes before, let alone something that's this incredibly feminine.
Are people going to think I'm gay or a pervert?
Why does the thought of doing this give me so much anxiety/shame and how do I get over it and have fun dressing up with friend

And for those who might want the full story: we were driving to lunch, another car ran red light and smashed right into mine. My side of the car got smashed more, one of my ribs broke and I was knocked out cold and not breathing. She gave me cpr until ambulance got there which kept me alive.

If this thread is too bothersome to you ladies because of my newfaggotry, I'll delete it so it's not taking up space here
>>
use the help thread, lurk more, no one cares, kill yourself, blah blah blah.
>>
>>9183553 for the help thread, for future ref anon.

If you're worried about preserving your masculinity, go into kodana/ouji. It's basically the male lolita, unless she wants you to actually wear the dress and petticoats.

In that case, just look for dresses and blouses that have a larger width at the shoulders, and other parts that aren't typical girl length (this would help to get your measurements in centimeters.) If you want, shop on Taobao because a lot of brands offer custom sizing for an upcharge, and that would probably help you in your case. But if you don't want to get custom sizing, I think I heard somewhere that Meta is pretty accommodating for larger shoulder widths.

Don't be afraid of makeup, shave for Christ's sake, find a wig that hides your manly jawline and contour to make your face look more feminine and you should be good!
Brolitas are a thing and a lot of comms accept them, as long as you're not creepy then they shouldn't care about you being at a meetup/event. Good luck!
>>
>>9192887
Don't think you're special because you're dressing in lolita as a guy, hold yourself to the same standard as girls, you have to learn to do make up, do your eyebrows, shave, don't expect lolita's to respect you cause you're literally using their fashion as a costume
>>
>>9192887
Maybe start with some confidence?
>>
It seems cruel of your friend to be honest. So what if she saved your life that isnt something a person should do for power it should be a selfless act but she made it selfish, she sounds like a cunt especially considering your not comfortable with the idea thats just harsh to make someone do something potentially humilliating and then throw "I saved your life you owe me!" at them what a bitch.

My advice is to get friends that aren't power hungry narcissists
>>
>>9192887
this sounds like some creepy sissy exhibitionist bait. delete this thread
>>
>>9192887
>wearing socks and tights with sandals
>>
>>9192894
Sorry. I saw that thread and thought it was more for help regarding sewing and making parts/props for costumes and things like that.

Thanks for all the advice btw

>>9192895
Eh I'm not looking for attention or respect This is just a one time thing for me. I'm going to take it seriously though and try my best to look acceptable

>>9192902
>>9192896
I guess I didn't really explain it accurately. I didn't give any indication that I would be uncomfortable with any of this, I mean this isn't *that* big of a deal, I've been through some actually scary shit and came out fine. I just thought I'd be honest here in my post since this is all anonymous. Probably should have just kept those feelings to myself. If I told her I didn't want to do this, she would definitely be understanding and it wouldn't be a big deal, I just know that this is something that would actually make her happy so I'm just gonna go along with it. She's not making me or pressuring me to do anything

>>9192904
It's not, but that's kind of the reaction I'm afraid of. Does anyone else want me to delete? Kind of had the feeling I wouldn't be welcome here
>>
>>9192907
Nah, we occasionally have a brolita thread up, unfortunately all we have now is the crossdressing thread and that's all about
>can I pass
>how qt am I
>should I hormones

Maybe if other anons want to contribute we could turn this into a brolita general.
>sage for no real contribute
>>
>>9192912
Pretty sure that shit belongs on /lbgt/
>>
Buy a light pink jsk fullset so it'll be easier for you not to fuck it up
Fullset is a headbow, jsk, and socks
Get a jsk and not an op because you're a man, and so your shoulders are almost definitely too big for an op.
Buy a white blouse, any ap or btssb blouse on lacemarket listed for less than 70usd is probably simple enough for your coord.
Buy a 45cm petticoat, I recommend bunnyhouse
Your friend is a cunt, so show her the coord you made, and tell her to pick out accessories and shoes to go with it.
And then all that's left for you to fuck up is makeup
Good luck
>>
>>9192894
>kodana
this is not a real term

neither is "kodona" which is what you meant

don't misinform newfags, it's unkind
>>
>>9193085
Oh and a wig
Go dreamholic
>>
>>9192887
You'll be fine as long as you take the effort to look nice. If you're wearing it to an anime convention literally no one is going to think it's creepy - it's a con, after all. You're not even going to be the most interestingly dressed person there, but if you're feeling uncomfortable aim for a bigger convention where there will be more crowd to blend into.

Try not to feel weird about it - you and your friend are doing this to just dress up and have fun, so do your best to get into that head space when shopping around for things that look cute. The shame is coming from the cultural pressure for Men To Be Manly, and if you can acknowledge that it isn't a big deal that will help. If you have to, take a step outside of yourself when you're doing your research. Stop asking, "Is this something that I can wear even though I'm a guy?" And start asking, "Do I think, objectively, that this looks cute?"

I don't have a lot of really helpful advice regarding brands, but definitely pay attention to your make up, and don't skimp out on the wig. If you're finding women's sizes are too small for you to find tights, try SockDreams.
>>
File: tumblr_nebl941oto1qbxi45o2_500.gif (791KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nebl941oto1qbxi45o2_500.gif
791KB, 500x281px
>owe girl a favor
>girl demands I dress up in super pink and effeminate clothing
>oh no, I me a man am being made to do something most unmanly oh me oh my
>this is a totally true story and not me having a jerkoff sesh over a sissy fetish scenario
>>
>>9193099
This
>>
>>9192887
I actually think it's very sweet you will do this for your girlfriend. If you're right and she wouldn't have cared to much if you told her you didn't want to, I don't find her bad either. She asks a question, and if she thinks no is a proper answer too I don't see a problem.

I have one brolita in my community, and one guy who cosplays (also woman), knows a lot of lolita's and is thinking about wearing the fashion too. They're kind, and within the communities, it's not uncommon that a straight male, identifying as a male, would dress up lolita. It's a feminine fashion, but not a no-man-allowed fashion.

Like said before, a JSK is probably you're best bet, as finding a blouse with more wide shoulders is more easy then a dress, and cheaper if you need it custom sized. And indeed buying a set is more easy, or going with plain colors (old school sweet was quite well in this, and you may feel less overdone in it compared to the nowadays popular prints with chocolates, cats, candies and who knows what) and oldschool will also easily allow no pin at all (ever saw those red½white sweet coords?). However, there are also sweet dresses that have a quite print on a black or navy (dark bleu) background. Having pink details may be closer to your comfort zone. Otherwise brown chocolate prints may also be more natural/casual sweet then a pink candy dress. At last, you could try a strapless dress (with a blouse!) in case arm width may be a bigger problem.

I'm going to continue what I'm saying in a next post, reached the 2000 char limit :o
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (185KB, 1251x491px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
185KB, 1251x491px
>>9193307
I've googled some photo's. I own none nor do I know these people, it's just some google image images I pasted into one with paint to give you an idea of sweet things that might suit you more then pastel pink kawaii puppy prints. From left to right:
-sweet with a dark background (sometimes referd to as bittersweet trough not everyone agrees it's a substyle itself).
-a (this time pink) chocolate dress (it's has the pattern of a chocolate bar all over it) paired with brown looking more mature.
-a pink and white old school coord which is far less OTT then nowadays printed sweet dresses.
-a red&white oldschool sweet coord without any pinks or pastels.

Point is, you have enough options to wear sweet lolita without feeling to pastelly.

A few other tips I have:
If you're not to wide, you might want to consider clothes with shirring or corset lacing so you can give them to your friend afterwards. As you said it would be a one time only thing I think it would be a kind deed and make her extra happy (but you will need to make sure she likes the clothes too and fits them). Otherwise you can resell them on sites like LaceMarket to gain some money you spend on it back.

Normally I feel like natural hair is perfectly fine, but unless you're a girly looking guy with perfect taken care of long hair I suggest getting a good wig that will make you're manly face structures fall away a bit. Take the attention to what you want people to see :).

I can recommend going to Bodyline for decent shoes in bigger sizes. Not all there stuff is as nice so I recommend only getting clothes there if you know what you're doing, and never buy petties there, but shoes are a good thing. I've heard good things about there wigs too, but I never wear those so I don't know that well myself.

For clothes, look secondhand on lace market or on taobao (or a reseller if you find a shopping service a bit to hard, like my-lolita-dress, clobba or Glitzywonderland. Heard qutieland is doing)
>>
>>9193328
qutieland is doing worse every day, so I wouldn't recomment them.

For petties I've heart a lot of good about BunnyHouse. Their affordable (let's not use cheap to non-lolita community members haha, lolita is and stays expensive), and are always custom sized, which is a big plus.

Other then that, indeed, shave, make sure you're make-up is well. If you don't want to learn it for one day, maybe your friend will help, and have fun. Indeed, on cons no one will look weird if you wear lolita as a guy, but other things to consider may be fantasy fairs (surprising lot of lolita's at Elfia), or going with your friend to an actual tea party. Perhaps you'll even meet another brolita there and feel less weird.

Next to that. I don't know what else to say really. If your coord is well no one will hate. Ad least, I never met anyone in my community who would. They won't go easy on you, but neither will they go harder. Coording tips are all around the internet. (what are the easiest way to match colors? What kind of accesioure are a must? all questions that internet answers easily.) I personally would say lolita tips on tumblr and fuck yeah lolita are great places to start for information :).

Other then that, if you don't mind, I would love to see your coord when you're done. With or without face doesn't matter to me (I prefer to blur it out a lot of times to haha, so no worries, girls do it many times to and it may hide that you're a male if you wish).

But don't feel like you need too. If you don't want your photo online no one will forge you. Especially since we're all anons :P
>>
>>9193099
>totally not the plot of a gazillion trap doujins
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.