[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 79

File: jeezjeezjeez.jpg (131KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
jeezjeezjeez.jpg
131KB, 432x360px
Old thread is saging. >>9153434

Any questions related to crafting your cosplay go here.
>>
File: Bloo-FostersHome.jpg (9KB, 200x262px) Image search: [Google]
Bloo-FostersHome.jpg
9KB, 200x262px
I have no idea how to make this. Where do I even start?
>>
>>9183517
There's a post about that here: >>9170396
But it will likely fall off the board soon, so here's the link again.
dei-sandvich.tumblr.com/post/86860434467/have-you-ever-needed-to-match-your-ribbed-knit-to
>>
>>9183555
Help threads are not hand holding tutorials. Ask specific questions and you can get specific answers, but we're not here to walk you through every step of making a costume.
>>
>>9183145
That's cute as fuck and it's in the plan now. Thank you!!
>>
File: Mandalore.jpg (148KB, 441x647px) Image search: [Google]
Mandalore.jpg
148KB, 441x647px
Welp, guess I'll repost this since it was right at the ass end of the dying thread.

Can anyone recommend some kind of material that will give a similar ribbed effect to the undersuit here? It's supposed to be armor-like so ideally it would have some 'poof' to it similar to a ribbed jacket. I'd really like to use something that had some of that bulk to it, but if it comes down to it I can live without the extra poofiness as long as I get the visual effect.

Would I be best off just getting a custom zentai suit made with the rib pattern printed on it? Where would be the best place to even have that done?
>>
>>9183611
Okay.

Do I, like, get a black outfit and sew the white parts on?
>>
>>9183641
It is expensive, but you can get ribbed leather that would work, though most ones available probably have the ribbing too thin for you. Otherwise, you could always make your own
>>
>>9183673
I'd probably die of heatstroke in real leather, and I can't seem to find anything ribbed in pleather that isn't like...upholstery fabric? Which I would -also- die in. I think I might be stuck making my own with regular pleather or similar.

Theoretically I guess I could put some sort of thin padding between my two layers of material and sew a really small stitch along the rib lines so they looked poofed up? Would that work? I've never worked with sewing anything that isn't basic fabrics. I'm not sure what I'd use for the padding either unless just triple-layering fabric would work.
>>
>>9183555
What do you need help with specifically? Can you sew?

My own question is someone posted a bot here that can be used to filter threads. Does anyone know where to get it? I want to look through old bad cosplay threads but filter the other threads I don't like.
>>
>>9183666
You can, yeah. Try to get the same kind of fabric and use the pieces that you cut off for a pattern.
>>
>>9183712
You could buy some thin stuff that looks like leather and sandwich it around something thick. There's craft interfacing that's about a millimeter or two thick that's used for banners and stuff.
I know there's a tutorial out there for the quilting on Mara Jade's pants you could probably check out, because those are leather-like too.
If you did any of this sandwiching stuff, though, you better make sure your jumpsuit pattern fits you like a fuckin glove.
>>
File: Jumin_01.png (270KB, 560x580px) Image search: [Google]
Jumin_01.png
270KB, 560x580px
any tips for glued hairlines? it's my first time doing them and i wanna make sure i get it right

i'm doing pic related
>>
>>9184030
They rarely look good and it shold be reserved for characters with weird spiky hairlines, not something really natural like this. Get a lace front
>>
>>9184075
i already have a wig i want to use desu, i just thought a glued hairline would be a lot simpler since it's such a small section anyway
>>
>>9184094
Do you have spare hair you can do it with, or is the wig already the right length?
>>
>>9184117
i have spare hair, yes
>>
>>9184121
You can try it anyway.
Just make sure to trim the hair so it looks like a neat hairline. A lot of people either don't trim it or do it really jagged and it looks terrible.
>>
>>9184140
alright, thank you!
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 339x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 339x191px
How should I make this little fellow? I'm going to make the face out of colored resin most likely, but I'm not sure what to make the casing out of or how to do it.
>>
Are there any tips for using fusible interfacing without turning everything into a shitty, wrinkled mess? I've been trying all day to interface these trouser legs and it's been a disaster.
>>
>>9184238
I'm no expert with interfacing but it sounds like you're overdoing it. Once you iron the interfacing on DO NOT HIT IT WITH THE IRON AGAIN or it'll shrink up and turn your fabric into a wrinkled monstrosity.

That's been my experience, anyway. Take it with a grain of salt.
>>
does anyone know how i can straighten out hair on a cheap party wig? when i bought it the has some folds in it from sitting in the bag for so long.
>>
>>9184391
Boil a pot of hot water. Put the wig on a wighead in the bathtub. Pour the water over it. Let it dry upright.
>>
>>9184406
how hot should the water be? if its too hot wont it melt the material since its so cheap?
>>
>>9183787
Didn't see it, but you can show/hide threads in the Catalog using the regex filter. For example, to filter bad cosplay threads:

/Bad Cosplay/
>>
>>9184414
It should be fine
>>
>>9183666
It helps to have a plain pants pattern that you can alter for costumes like these. You can even look one up and draw it out yourself. Then figure out where you want your seams to go, and cut out the pieces accordingly.

Same with the top, but in this case, a shirt pattern (duh).

This is actually a pretty basic thing to make. If you do sew, then you could probably shit this out in a day.
>>
Gonna bump my old question, here >>9181815 . Still looking for some help on how to do this.
>>
File: 909idolizedTransparent.png (107KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
909idolizedTransparent.png
107KB, 1024x1024px
Is it better to stick to an accurate shoe (heels) and be way taller than the character, or to wear flats and be closer in height?
Specifically pic related, I'm already 5'5 and accurate shoes would make me like 5'7 which is much taller than Nico. Would it be weird to wear flats instead?
>>
>>9184878
Just wear heels. Not a lot of people care about height in cosplay.
>>
Guys, help. I ate too many tacos and the con is almost here.

Is there something like Spanks for men? I tried looking up "spanks for men" and just found spanking videos. Not helpful.
>>
>>9184906
Shapewear is what you're looking for, anon.
[spoilers]the brand is called Spanx for future reference[/dontworkhere]
>>
>>9184906
Add to what >>9184964 posted get ready to pay a price for them tacos. I found spanx to be expensive. You might be lucky finding like brands on target and Walmart websites.
>>
>>9184878
Wear the heels, it'll look nicer. Height isn't really important, unless you're in a group. Even so, there are ways to work around playing with your height in photos.
>>
>>9184865
What exactly are you having trouble with here? Cutting it? Do you want to spike it?
You're not going to get much of a response if all you're asking is pretty much "Tell me how to do my cosplay because I'm new!"
Be a good learner. Be specific. Don't expect everyone to hold your hand every minuscule step along the way.
>>
Going to a costume party and want to be psycho mantis from mgs. What mask and clothes would look most like his?
>>
idk if this belongs here but... basically i hate all of my normie clothes but i also hate shopping online when i can avoid it. any mainstream stores sell kawaii shit these days?
>>
>>9185331
You can get really cute shit from forever21 if you look, a majority of my wardrobe is from there lmao.
>>
What's the best way to do colored eyebrows? I saw the glue tutorials, but I heard it wasn't good for your skin so I'm edging away from those.
>>
>>9185495
Anything besides glue is going to be worse for your skin than glue would be.
>>
>>9185495
I use a white face pant crayon over my eyebrows. Like, the cheap children's face paint you can get from craft stores. Not the actual paint, but the crayon type, it's fairly waxy and sticks all day without drying up the eyebrows, so you can paint that over your brows and then paint your desired color. It works unbelievably well
>>
>>9185495
You could get scar wax and do it that way, but most people use Elmer's gluesticks. They give that shit to kids, so while its not meant for your skin you'll probably be okay.
>>
>>9185501
Interesting idea! Then do you paint over the white eyebrows with another one of the face paint crayons?
>>
>>9184865
Ready the sticky
If you follow the links you will find more than enough places for you to learn styling
>>
Not REALLY the place for this BUT
>Trying to find photos of liui-aquino where is face isn't shooped to hell and back
>The only ones I can are super pixelated cellphone shots.

Pic related
>>
>>9186032
/r/
>>
File: Lightbringer_Cow.jpg (48KB, 670x799px) Image search: [Google]
Lightbringer_Cow.jpg
48KB, 670x799px
>>9183553
need help on making the shoulders, not sure what i should use to keep it clear so the lights will show
>>
>>9186037
I def tried, for a hour on and off.
But unless it's tits or dicks /r/ isn't going to help.
Hence my attempt here.
>>
>>9186047
If your budget allows it, maybe look into Transpaart? The transparent Worbla stuff. It'd probably work well since those are large panels, though I personally haven't used it so I'm not sure.
>>
>>9185174
You will probably struggle with Mantis if you are a beginner, which it sounds like you are, as you will probably have to custom make his clothes. If you have a sewing machine, a walking foot and some wet-look black spandex, the tank and trousers would be a relatively straightforward make. For the harness you could use vinyl and curtain rings for the o-rings.

If you don't care about accuracy, thrift a close-fitting black tshirt (try getting a woman's, with stretch) and cut it into a tank using any of the many tshirt-into-tank tutorials online. Trousers should be any kind of black skinny trousers with a shine to them - but not denim. You'll still have to make the harness yourself, as custom bondage gear is expensive.

Mantis's mask is not a real-world design. The Israeli civilian mask has similar proportions but different eye holes. You may have to look into making it custom, but I don't know much about it. His boots are normal US combat boots that you can find in a surplus store.

You can get temp barcode tattoos anywhere, but you will need to powder them to make them look like skin.
>>
i have a pair of leather boots with a zip up the side. the strip of leather that the zip lies flat on has a bunch of tears in.

I sewed them up, but some re- tore. how can i strengthen the torn strip? should i sew canvas ribbon to it or something? i don't know anything about sewing leather.
>>
>>9186047
There's so many options for all sorts of budgets: you can vacuform plastics, cast clear resin panels, cut out bits of cellulose acetate, transparent Worbla like >>9186065 suggests... once you know what you want to spend, and what skills you have and don't have it's easier to help.
>>
File: image.png (26KB, 113x83px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26KB, 113x83px
What's the best way to go about sticking craft foam to clothing without using glue? I'm doing pic related and I don't want to ruin the pants and I want to be able to go back and change the foam in case it gets damaged.
>>
>>9186032
Not many people like to post the originals of photos online, unless you can find the photographer but even then.

>>9186162
You can use double-sided fashion tape or stick-on velcro.
>>
>>9186160
well for me this would be my first time, i wanted to make armor but i didnt wanna go apeshit with something ridiculous, what would be the easiest method and or the cheapest, i dont care if it looks kinda mediocre i just want a way of actually making it clear, otherwise i was just gonna make it hollow with the lights and i know that would look worse then me at least attempting something
like how easy is it to form worbla compared to other things
>>
Might be the wrong thread but can I use the same sealing techniques used for water based paint on greasepaint? Every tutorial I find is for water based paint.
It's also not all over my body, just from the neck up, so the main areas I'm worried about it rubbing off are on the straps of my bonnet (tied under my chin), my wig, and the collar of my shirt.
Someone said I could try pax paint directly on my skin as well but I don't have a lot of it and have already spent too much money on this.
>>
File: colette.png (154KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
colette.png
154KB, 600x848px
What kind of fabric should I buy to sew Colette's dress and tabard thing?

Didn't see a newbie/stupid questions thread, so asking here. I have some sewing experience but the only things I've made from scratch instead of altering have been Kigu's and hoodies, so I know jack about textiles.

It looks like to get the clean silhouette and shape it needs to be something fairly stiff? I realize her skirt is probably going to need a petti for the right level of poof, but I don't want anything that will look like wrinkly costume level crap.
>>
Completely new to this kind of thing, so I figured I might as well ask you folks here.

Any idea on where I could get contact lenses with the same kind of coloration, or at least approximately similar, as the Predator eyes?
>>
>>9186394
Grease paint you'll really only want to use setting powder and you still may have paint rub off. You can look at the shironuri thread or look at the archives for gropey the clown's instructions for clown white make-up.
>>
>>9186437
Those look like sclera lenses. They've very expensive, but I'm sure if you search for "sclera lenses predator" you'll find something.
>>
File: received_10153780601663611.jpg (18KB, 309x515px) Image search: [Google]
received_10153780601663611.jpg
18KB, 309x515px
How would I make something like this durable, and not super visible how it's attached?
I'm not sure if sewing it into the wig would be best?
My first thought was building it on a headband or something.
I'm guessing I'd just layer the feathers but I'm not sure how best to connect them together, and from there how to make it either separate things or part of the wig itself.
>>
>>9186449

Cheers, found something!

Don't suppose you know if this site/shop is reputable or not:

http://www.shop.9mmsfx.net/

?
>>
>>9186471
Never gotten scleras before, so I can't help you. See what reviews you can dig up about the site.

>>9186464
You can also look at how Homestucks attack their horns to their wigs. Some of them have clever systems that use brads (like the stuff you attach papers together with) through the wig cap.
>>
>>9186372
Transparency film. Pick it up at a mail store, an educational store or a Goodwill if you're lucky.
>>
File: Abouttobespiked.jpg (143KB, 1155x845px) Image search: [Google]
Abouttobespiked.jpg
143KB, 1155x845px
Wassup scooby gang, I'm in need of help as I'm way out of my depth here. I want to work on a Captain Scarlet outfit. Most of it, patches, under-suit, boots, easy mode. But having only had experience with comic-based costumes (spandex and capes etc), I've no idea how to go about with the hat and vest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>9186413
Make a shirt with the tabard as a stupid-huge collar and interface the shit out of it. Think like Homura's undershirt collar except even bigger.
>>
>>9186485
i'd fabricate the vest with a cotton blend stretch nit. you can look up the hip roll area of sailor moon cosplay tutorials to make the collar roll. Snag a few zippers online cause i've seen them just like and just attach them for look they don't have to be functional.
Look for a hat with the right shape then cover/murder it as needed. Done.
>>
>>9186486
Not remotely what was being asked, and also a terrible idea as it will make cleaning and ironing an absolute nightmare.

>>9186413
I would go with a cotton twill. The weight should be good for the dress and the tabard, but remember to get some heavy interfacing for the tabard as well. Since it does look like it can fold and bend as she moves, you wouldn't need to have the interfacing too heavy, so probably the heaviest iron-on interfacing should do.
As for actually wearing it, I would add some heavy duty snaps to the dress and line them up with where the gold domes on the tabard are. That way you can use the domes to hide any evidence of the snaps, and having them on the front and back will lessen the overall weight of the garment.

And just a personal aside/advice. When adding your trim, please try to miter your corners. It looks so much cleaner than overlapping edges.
>>
Does anyone have a link to buy dark brown tights with white polka dots?
I'm having a weirdly hard time finding any.
>>
>>9186032
I've seen him in person, he looks just as flawless and beautiful. Apparently he doesn't go out without airbrushed makeup.
>>
I need help. I actually kind of like Kawaii Goods, but I think I'm the only one here who does. Should I still buy from Kawaii Goods?
>>
>>9186840
Stop posting this in every thread.
We get it. You have shit taste
Buy their overpriced tacky garbage if you want, but everyone will just laugh at you
>>
>>9186447
My google skills are failing me for gropey the clown's tutorial, can someone help out?
>>
Also a body paint question. I need to paint my shoulders and armpits and I'm considering PAX but I have some skin tags because of PCOS and I'm worried they'll get pulled or worse. Can PAX be applied over band aids or tape? Or should it be safe enough to use?

Or is there another alternative that won't sweat off?
>>
>>9186907
Is there want way around pairing your armpits? That seems tough. You could try alcohol activated paint but its pricey
>>
>>9186907
If you're hell bent on using pax, make sure to shave EVERYTHING. I meant even the tiny little fine hairs. If you don't. when you remove it it will rip all them out.
Otherwise, do what the other anon says. Or if you'll take functionality over appearance, arm sock type things might work
>>
ok i'll come right out with this stupid question

im in the market for a sewing machine since my cheapo one told me to fuck off and stopped stitching.

What's a good sewing machine thats cheap and simple/easy to use for a beginner that just does decent quality, strong stitches?

My cheapo machine is a mini sew n sew that cost me like 30 bucks iirc, most walmart machines cost around 70 so i'm looking to spend in the 50-80 dollar range
>>
>>9183641
ac/pipe insulation? if you can find some small enough you might be able to glue the ends together. Sounds like a cheap way to go but you might need to do some final texture work or sew some material over it and use the insulation as the filler
>>
I'm doing a Charlotte cosplay based on pic related. I'm on the fence about what to do about the thigh highs. Does the mismatched stripe and solid look okay or should I go both solid?
Also does anyone have any idea what the red and blue wings in her hair are made of?

>>9186731
Have you tried Sockdreams?
>>
>>9186723
Thank you for all the advice!
Don't worry, I'll make sure to Miter my corners.
>>
>>9186930
I did, they somehow only have a few polka dot socks, and they're all under the knee at the highest

Also, I think mismatched could look good, but I would choose a darker brown then she did for the solid one.
>>
>>9184238
Make sure your iron isn't set to steam.
>>
>>9186840
It's your money, as long as you wear things nicely, no one really judges for where it came from.

>>9186918
Brother is a good brand, they have some cheaper machines on Amazon. Not sure if Wal-Mart carries them.
>>
>>9187119
they do, i'll check up on it before this weekend. thanks anon
>>
I asked in the shironuri thread but it's pretty slow so I figured I'd ask here as well.
In a video tutorial Minori did with Tokyo Fashion, she mentioned that she dyed a pair of false eyelashes from white to dark green. Does anyone know how I could do this? I want my lashes to match my wig as closely as possible and I'm not finding any premade ones that match.
I know you can use fabric dye to dye high temperature synthetic hair, but I don't think it'll work with false eyelashes, I'm pretty sure it'll just melt the glue keeping it together and the fibers as well.
Like is there a heatless or low heat way of dying synthetic hair?
>>
>>9187587
Have you not heard of dyeing with alcohol? The plastic fibres soak up the dye you have in it and possibly stay that way. I can't testify since I've only tried this when wanting something black, AND IT DOES NOT WORK WITH BLACK. Luckily it sounds like that's not your goal.

You can find materials on this by searching for dye methods involving sharpie pens (you open the pen and remove the ink thing) and acrylic ink. I thin there was a specific name for it, but if so I've forgotten.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
Not sure if right thread but can anyone help me find this or something extremely similar? I love that it's a gauze dress with the little vest.

Origionally from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-pastorable-mori-girl-palace-elegant-princess-cotton-long-sleeve-dress/121925996934?hash=item1c635b1186
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Trying to figure out how best to approach the Jack o' lantern head and wondering if I should spend the money for a lace-front wig. Ideas? Suggestions?
>>
File: 1471026-obsidian.jpg (806KB, 1280x1963px) Image search: [Google]
1471026-obsidian.jpg
806KB, 1280x1963px
I'm working on an Obsidian costume, but I am not sure how to approach the face. It's not a full face mask like Spider-Man. His actual face turns into a shadow, and he can emote and open and close his mouth, but all features are gone.
Any ideas? Suggestions?
>>
>>9187671
Drawkill on tumblr made a pumpkin head mask awhile ago.

http://drawkill.ca/post/101558192312/how-to-make-a-pumpkin-head
>>
>>9187587
She might've done it with some kind of eyeliner or mascara, like painting over the white.
With using traditional fabric dye or even the Sharpie method that the other anon mentioned, I'd be scared of the potential hazard of putting that near your eye.
>>
>>9186881
cgl archives, check rebecca. Or go to the larp thread and ask him, he hangs out there.
>>
>>9187984
Thank you! I don't know if I can find a balloon big enough to match the picture but I'll definitely keep this on hand.
>>
>>9187671
Lacefronts look the most realistic, but you can also make an alternate hairline. The latter takes more time and effort, but it's an option.
>>
>>9185581
I've found success with a similar method, I use nyx's eyeshadow crayon in milk over my brows and then dab eyeshadow in the shade of the eyebrow over it. Super vibrant!
>>
I'm planning on doing Deckard Wizard for upcoming NYCC, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to construct a wig that was basically just a Middle Piece kind of like an undercut/mohawk. I've trie dlooking online/yt and all i seem to find are FauxHawks for women with long hair or wigs/weaves that give no explanation as to how they are constructed. Info on me, I do have enough hair to attach the wig onto my head in the center crown portion, and already shaved sides.

Anyhow I hope someone out there can guide me to where I should start with this partial wig.
>>
>>9188403
You could try trimming down some long clip-in bangs.
>>
>>9188403
I'd say buy a rocky from Arda and shove some long wefts down the middle. It won't be entirely authentic but it'll look pretty good.
>>
>>9188260
I'll just go with lacefront, then. Now I'm wondering what color to get since Arda looks to be fresh out of silver in their Morpheus I was eyeing and who knows when backorder will deliver. How blond/yellow is the titanium blond? I can't find any real decent photos in their gallery that aren't heavily photoshopped or shitty.
>>
New to costume making, have only made a couple of things a few years ago doing completely different things, but:

For eva foam how do people go about drafting templates for armor? I don't want to just attempt to copy what someone else made from just printing out their templates and cutting them out. My confusion on how this shit is done mostly stems from when I glazed through generic helmets templates where some pieces were split apart at both sides but not in the middle to be glued back together.
I'm aware due to my inexperience costume making

I'm aware that just copying and adjusting premade templates are going to output a better result than what I could have done, based on how I believe the quality of the previous things I've done, but it would probably leave me uable to make things that haven't already been done to death..
>>
File: armor.png (300KB, 533x405px) Image search: [Google]
armor.png
300KB, 533x405px
What is this? How is it made?
From the right picture I thought just a quilted shirt would work out, but in the game caps on the left there's red bits between? I'm confused.
>>
>>9188505
I understand the excitement when wanting to make something new and original, but no one starts out that way. You really should do the things that have been done a million times before to get better at making things and to understand how things like eva foam will fit together.
For example, pattern drafting isn't just "this is how patterns work". It is an incredibly difficult and lengthy process and takes years to fully learn how to be able to create an entire pattern from scratch. The same holds true to foam armor. No one can just tell you in two or three paragraphs everything you need to know about making it. The best thing you can do is practice. Read and watch some tutorials, Evil Ted is quite good for beginners, follow along and make lots of small, simple projects and learn, and develop your skills as you go.
>>
>>9188660

It's just highlighting on the texture because it's less resource intensive than to add creases and lighting.
>>
File: 1473489988612-co.png (155KB, 587x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473489988612-co.png
155KB, 587x427px
Any good sewing guides or tips? I'm just starting out and am not making much progress.
>>
>>9188927
hand sew or machine?
>>
>>9188933
Hand sewn but I have access to a machine and a friend who has offered to show me. Any and all help is appreciated.
>>
I remember a few months (years??) back there was a kigu thread and some commissioners were talking about what material they used. I've made a few for myself and as presents for friends, but I'm not overjoyed with Joann's selection. I was hoping to find where ever those few anon's got their fabric, or even what to look for when buying fabric for kigu's online.
>>
File: 250px-AC4_Mary_Read.png (229KB, 250x746px) Image search: [Google]
250px-AC4_Mary_Read.png
229KB, 250x746px
First time sewing with leather, pic related. When sewing the seams all my pieces have both leather and fabric. Should I use a leather needle for all of it or is it better to stitch the leather parts using the leather needle and then swap to a regular one?
>>
I have a petti with an adjustable waist tie. I was wondering, is it supposed to be in the back or the front? Wanna make sure I'm sitting on the right side of it.
>>
>>9188403
sew in wig clips to a small bang or cut section of a wig, then attach to actual (short and/or gelled down) real hair.. As long as you styled the hair and sewed the section off it'll be fine.
>>
File: Cidneyshot3.png (851KB, 400x711px) Image search: [Google]
Cidneyshot3.png
851KB, 400x711px
What would you suggest for the jacket's metal arrow thingies? I've been looking at craft supplies and carbiners (those little d hook things) but after that I have nothing. I'd prefer to get something actually metal in oppose to making them out of clay or something.
>>
File: IMG_20160903_205017476.jpg (73KB, 606x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160903_205017476.jpg
73KB, 606x750px
Can anyone give a suggestion on what I can coat this cardboard with to hide the creases that give it that cardboard texture?

I don't think resin will work since the chest piece is going to have to flex tightly around my ribs and I don't know how to get it to stay bent in that shape when it's unbuckled
>>
>>9190621
Cut and bend a wire hanger into shape and paint it
>>
>>9190632
I'm going to remember this, although I worry it'll bend out of shape a bit easy. Thank you, though, Anon!
>>
>>9190640
They're just hanging there, I can't imagine what you'll be doing in a costume to bend a metal clasp on your tit

Oh wait, yes I can
>>
>>9190629
Gesso + sanding, which you should be doing anyway.
You can also use PlastiDip or Bondo, but I'm not experienced in those.
>>
>>9190629
newspapers dipped on 2 parts wood glue + 1 part water. let it dry and sand with increasing grits. Cover in gesso and let it dry, too, and sand again with finer grits than with the paper.
>>
there's this pic i can't find of a guy and a girl wearing dolly kei that was posted on /cgl/ somewhat recently and it's one of my favourite japanese fashion pics ever... does anyone have the pic i'm talking about?
>>
>>9187976
Any thoughts?
>>
>>9188927
The sticky
>>
Not sure if this is appropriate on this board, but does anyone have any recommendations in how to decide who to cosplay? I am wanting to get back into it after doing it a bit back in my weeb high school years.

I really want to pick someone who suits my features, but I just don't even know where to start.
>>
>>9191316
Suggestion thread >>9186610
>>
>>9191347
sorry my bad
>>
>>9191023
I'd say if you want to be able to emote and replicate the character you're pretty much going to be stuck with a combo of white-out contacts and painting your face jet black. That might look a bit naff, though so YMMV.
>>
okay, here me out. im very very new. gloves. I've been looking how to make gloves online. There are many tutorials on how to make gloves but I dont know which one will work.

I kinda want to make a faux leather glove. But alot of the tutorials I see are for cloth or latex gloves.

is it the same process?
>>
>>9191387
Agreed with this. Wolfe FX face paint is the blackest facepaint I know of. Powder with a matte black eyeshadow afterwards to make sure your face has as little sheen as you can. The technology isn't there for you to use Vantablack yet.

Also, buy Ben Nye sealer and spray yourself with it copiously, especially around your mouth. If it wears off revealing pink lips, you run the risk of looking like blackface.
>>
File: IMG_3164.png (161KB, 312x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3164.png
161KB, 312x424px
I'm not sure what technique to use to make the bottom of this dress look like pic related. I've seen a similar structure in tutus but I have no idea where to start with a longer dress like this. Does anyone have any experience with something similar?
>>
>>9191422
>new
>making gloves
God fucking help you.

The process is mostly the same, except leather/pleather doesn't stretch the same way so patterning would be more difficult. The main tip I'd recommend is making the glove a little too big and tailoring it smaller.
Also, you can't pin pleather because it'd show little holes in the fabric. I think you can use tape to "pin" it? And just rip it off when you're done.

Good luck.
>>
>>9191775
It looks like the dress is an A-line. I would start the mockup with an A-line dress. Then, for the white layer underneath, I would use a circle skirt pattern and make it longer than the length of that same part of the dress. Gather the circle skirt and sew it to the bottom of the dress. Sew a strip of batting in along the gather line/same seam, then flip everything right-side out and finish by sewing the waist of the circle skirt underneath the waist of the dress.
>>
For a prop I have a sound I want to record. It's a scrapping sound I am creating myself. However I'm unsure what device can be used for playback? I'd like it to be at a reasonable sound as it's a large prop. But all i find are the little playback devices for stuffed animals.
>>
>>9191791
What would you do then?
I've been looking online for plain gloves. But most of the faux leather stuff is styled and not plain. I've been having a hard time finding something.

Do you think I should just use fabric instead?
>>
>>9191907
I'm going to assume you don't want to mess with electronics, in which case look for a portable battery-powered speaker (if it's not battery powered, it's guaranteed to be too quiet) and either use a bluetooth-enabled phone or a small used mp3 player (eg. Creative MuVo).

If you feel like putting it together from modules instead, let me know and we can suggest something.
>>
What do you guys find most reliable for sealing pink insulation foam?
>>
>>9191946
Depends. Can you post a ref of what you're making?
>>
File: 81TO4vwVAaL.jpg (344KB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
81TO4vwVAaL.jpg
344KB, 2560x2560px
Does anyone have any advice they can share about using drywall (or other) stilts as part of a costume? I want to add 1-2 feet to my height for a few upcoming projects, but I don't have a work space/tools where I could build my own stilts, so I'll have to buy some.
Any insight would be appreciated.
>>
>>9191907
If you're willing to mess with electronics and soldering shit, look into Adafruit soundboards. They have idiotproof ones and slightly more advanced ones. I picked up
>https://www.adafruit.com/product/2133
and just hooked up a battery pack and some external speakers. The soundboard has pretty simple options for loops, triggers etc. Since you can delete the files off of it afterwards, it's reusable, too.
If you don't want to use soundboards I would do what >>9192044 suggests and just use whatever cheap mp3-player you can find with some external portable speakers.
>>
File: papa robe.jpg (145KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
papa robe.jpg
145KB, 1080x1080px
Need some fabric help with this central part. Pretty sure it's one or two layers of lace on a solid backing, but I'm struggling to find any kind of design that's remotely close, it's all floral shit. Has anyone seen anything remotely similar or at least some useful terms to describe it that could help me in my search?
>>
File: IMG_2248.jpg (73KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2248.jpg
73KB, 600x701px
I'm looking to cosplay Eleven but I'm really not willing to buzz my actual hair for it. Do they make wigs/bald caps that could work for that or is there a way I can modify one to make it work? Or would a very short lacefront wig be passable at least?

If all else fails I can at least cosplay the version that wears a blonde wig, but I'd prefer to have buzzed hair if I can make it work.
>>
>>9193033
Buzz cuts are one of the few hair cuts that are very hard to replicate with a wig. Anytime a wig gets really short, you start seeing the wig cap through the fibers. You might have to settle for blond wig El.
>>
>>9192044
>>9192913
Thanks! I don't think soundboards would be a major issue besides time wise but I'll try the mp3 first and see how it goes. But next noise needed prop def gonna try the electronic one
>>
>>9192937
Try looking in the drapery section. There are often some sheer drapes that have intricate patterns like that. Most I have seen are white though, so you may need to do some dyeing.
>>
File: Roxy_MilitaryStuck_Cosplay_Ref.jpg (68KB, 483x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Roxy_MilitaryStuck_Cosplay_Ref.jpg
68KB, 483x1190px
How would I go about doing a lace overlay on an army jacket? Pic related is what I'm cosplaying.
>>
>>9193330
Are you sure it's more of a lace overlay and not a jacquard type of a deal?
>>
>>9193331
I've always seen it as lace... but it could be jaquard.... regardless, I think done right, the lace could look really nice. Thanks for the heads up though, I didn't know what that type of fabric was called~!
>>
File: kotoko.jpg (913KB, 1280x1552px) Image search: [Google]
kotoko.jpg
913KB, 1280x1552px
Can I get some suggestions on how to make her thigh highs? I was thinking I could just buy two different socks, but I can't find a design that matches the right one at all.
>>
>>9193487
http://dangerous-ladies.tumblr.com/post/39810799551/vanellope-von-schweetz-tights-tutorial-part-one Painting tights. It's for the kid from Wreck it Ralph, but the premise is the same.
>>
>>9193513
>http://dangerous-ladies.tumblr.com/post/39810799551/vanellope-von-schweetz-tights-tutorial-part-one
Oh, this works great, thank you!
>>
>>9193033
Not possible unless you have hideous amounts of money and know a theatrical wigmaker. The closest you'll be able to get with an affordable wig will be something like Arda's Rocky. It will be too long but you'll be able to get the silhouette right.

>>9192937
I found the lace used here - http://www.moodfabrics.com/metallic-black-and-gold-web-couture-guipure-lace-fabric-105849.html Unfortunately, the price is insane.

For a cheaper alternative, try looking at sisal mesh available from flower arrangement supply shops.
>>
>>9193683
Yeah I found some good matches on that site but they're all waaay out of my price range

>sisal mesh
Looks like it might be the go. Cheers
>>
File: Ferris_Anime_Character_Art.png (470KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ferris_Anime_Character_Art.png
470KB, 1100x900px
Well, this is going to be interesting.

First and foremost I have no dress design experience, so unless 4chan tells me otherwise I'm probably going to have to buy for this one. I'm a 5 foot 6 guy who is looking to cosplay trap Felix Argyle. My friend recommended me to use circle lenses but I am not sure why desu.

Does anyone know anything about cosplay inspire as a shopping site? They have a nice combo but its coming from China, and I don't know how good their work is, let alone if it is even their work. I just want it to look good, and make me look less like a fag.

http://www.cosplayinspire.com/re-zero-felix-argyle-ferris-cosplay-costume.html

I have around 6 months to lose my gut and get this dress. Any basic cross play tips and crossplay makeup for guys as well
>>
If I wanted to make a sign to carry with my costume, how big should it be? I don't want it to be too cumbersome.
>>
>>9192911
I used eva foam tiles stacked on eachother with mega strong contact adhesive then sanded the remainder. one or two layere cut out around the shoe and the same adhesive under that.

Always have a minder with stilts though of any caliber.
>>
>>9193936
I'm just going to guide you into the crossplay thread here: >>9178109, read everything

also general guidelines for buying anything from china
>check feedback for things like accuracy, fit etc.
>look at pictures within that feedback, normies can be dumb about "this is so good u guise"
>no feedback? check seller rating
>no seller rating? avoid
>>
>>9193936
Firstly, pic related.
I don't know anything about that website, apologies, but as far as makeup is concerned you should be able to find a bunch of tutorials on YouTube, just use a Lolita makeup tutorial or something considering they focus on enhancing femininity which you're obviously going for.
Also with makeup it's going to depend but whatever you do don't contour your nose, guys usually have a very different nose shape to women.
>>
>>9194154
Why does everyone use this image as actually advice? It's obviously bullshit from the diet recommendations.
>>
File: trapguide 1.png (483KB, 1280x756px) Image search: [Google]
trapguide 1.png
483KB, 1280x756px
People don't know any better?
>>
File: trapguide 2.jpg (2MB, 1084x3072px) Image search: [Google]
trapguide 2.jpg
2MB, 1084x3072px
>>9194633
>>
File: ntCCTM1.jpg (9KB, 232x207px) Image search: [Google]
ntCCTM1.jpg
9KB, 232x207px
Any ideas where I can find a canteen like this?
>>
>>9194762
>>9194762
Try an army surplus store. If not, get a canteen, beat the shit out of it and sew together a leather enclosure.
>>
>>9183641

You could used quilted fabric. Alternatively you could make your own with faux leather, which would give you a better look than regular quilted fabric but would be cheaper that the real deal.
>>
>>9194762

That is a similar to civil war era canteens, specifically called a drum canteen.
>>
>>9194319
It looks "professional" and the exercise section is alright advice.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 500x375px
How should I go about making this helmet? I've never made a helmet before, so I have no idea where to start haha.
>>
File: .png (412KB, 416x505px) Image search: [Google]
.png
412KB, 416x505px
tell me or i'l lfucking hurt a pupper
>>
>>9195862
paint the design. appliqué it. buy an embroidered patch and sew it on.
>>
File: kot.jpg (320KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
320KB, 1080x1080px
>>9195889
Sorry i meant where do i find the sweater
>>
File: 1443393595884.jpg (45KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443393595884.jpg
45KB, 480x600px
>>9195862
>>9195891
I'm looking for a sweater exactly like this too, really weird coincidence. Answers would be appreciated!
>>
>>9195770
model it in 3D, turn it into a pepakura file, transfer the template onto EVA foam or something.
>>
>>9195891
>>9195862
>>9195898
Girl in sweater here. thought you would be asking about the design, not the sweater itself. Sorry to disappoint, but I actually found this at goodwill years ago. I don't even have it anymore so I cant check the tags. It's getting to be A/W so more stores should be selling turtleneck pullovers like this one. If worst comes to worst you could get a white one and dye.
>>
>>9195944
I did a little looking to try and find some viable options.

http://s.aliexpress.com/qmiEz22q
(Collar kind of wrong, would need dye)

http://s.aliexpress.com/6naAjyEj
(Would need to be hemmed, fit is kind of wonky )

http://s.aliexpress.com/i2An6vUn
(A good option imo)
>>
File: Porco-4.jpg (194KB, 1024x626px) Image search: [Google]
Porco-4.jpg
194KB, 1024x626px
Hey, looking for help sourcing an accurate flightsuit aviation cap, and glasses.
>>
>>9195979
this is some google it tier shit
plenty of places make/sell replica WW1/WW2 aviator caps
and circular sunglasses are similarly easy to find
>>
>>9195996
Okay sure but I was hoping someone might know a good vendor or look already. Sorry I asked!
>>
>>9195891
>>9195898
>>9195944
I actually bought a turtleneck that fit similarly for a HS cosplay a few years back. I also found mine really easily at a Salvation Army, though I had to dye it the correct color from white. It worked out really well.
If you're looking for a turtleneck with that same slightly-baggy fit, thrift stores are the first place I'd look. They're mid-nineties mom closet goldmines.
>>
Been wanting to cosplay Sho Minamimoto from TWEWY forever. Any advice on what to do about the coat? I'm having trouble finding any blazers made of thin material (to better match the style), thinking about just modifying an oversized overshirt or something.
>>
File: 108.jpg (85KB, 279x370px) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
85KB, 279x370px
>>9196127
>>
File: 608.jpg (12KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
12KB, 220x230px
what would be the best way to go about making a tabard if i have never sewn in my life
>>
File: Cpxg4FCVYAADLdb.jpg (220KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Cpxg4FCVYAADLdb.jpg
220KB, 1152x1536px
I want to get to work on a Kamen Rider cosplay, what's a good way to achieve this compound look in the helmet eyes? Like what material do people use for this?
>>
>>9196181

never sown or made a cos either, this is how I'd do it.

>"I need this before halloween-edition"

go to your local copy shop that does tshirt prints. Ask them if you can take a look at one of the shirts to see how thick the cloth is. From this, judge if you can get away with the tshirt, or if you need to stack 2 of them to make it look less shit. Maybe stacking 2 of them will still look shit. I don't know. Ask them for 1 printed tshirt with the tabard, and like 3 without any print. If they only sell white tshirts, dye them. Somehow try to protect the print during the dying process. Cut up the tshirts and re-hem them. During the re-hemming process you can attach the 2 tshirt layers together if you chose that path and see how it looks. Don't be lazy and re-hem the neckline as well or it will look shit. Either do this all by hand or gain access to a sowing machine. Go buy a thick as fuck belt like in pic to hide the seams connecting the top and the bottom half, and the waistband you're attaching so it doesn't go all over the place.

You will need to increase the stiffness of the material, or else I'm afraid that the bottom half will just get crumpled up between your legs. You can experiment with starch (google 'starching a collar'), diluted wallpaper glue, diluted plaster on scraps of cloth, see what works.

"actually properly done-edition"
Same process as above but no printed shirt, instead use tshirts to create a pattern, go buy proper cloth.

"mythic difficulty-edition"
actually embroider the hemming and central design
>>
>>9196127
I think you would do better modifying a belted trenchcoat.
>>
File: MYNAMESTHEHUMANSPIDER.jpg (505KB, 1311x1152px) Image search: [Google]
MYNAMESTHEHUMANSPIDER.jpg
505KB, 1311x1152px
What are some good materials for making a stencil besides cardboard? it worked well enough, and io had a bunch n case i messed up, but im sure there is a more professional way to spray paint something. the only real obstacle i had was that it was sticking up in some parts when i layed it over the shirt, but i just pinned it down with tacks.

the shirt doesnt actually look that blotchy. next time i'll do a more even coat to avoid this, or maybe also a second.
>>
>>9196352
I mean if the cardboard worked then I'd say keep using that but if you're looking for something more professional I'd say thin plastic or cardstock.
>>
File: Flat Tail Light Lens.jpg (59KB, 250x256px) Image search: [Google]
Flat Tail Light Lens.jpg
59KB, 250x256px
>>9196232
Tail light covers
>>
>>9195997
Next time, try throwing out places you've found. "Hey, has anyone ordered from XXX? What's the quality like?" You're more likely to get better answers.
>>
>>9196352
Google "freezer paper stencil"
>>
File: 20160924_074619.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160924_074619.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
First thing, im in New zealand, so materials are three, sometimes four times the price they are state side.
(Plasti-dip is like $40 a can here)

Im currently trying to make the helmet from Dredd (2012) and ive fallen into a rut. im using 10mm yoga mats for my source of EVA foam, and CRC Ados Greenstick contact adhesive. but i cant get my patern to stick together, is it possible im using it wrong? or maybe greenstick is unsuitable for an adhesive? and if so, whats a cheeper alternative? dont think i can get barge for anything less than a small fortune.
>>
>>9196662
You might be using it wrong. Contact cements don't work when they are still wet. Also, some foams soak up too much of it.
Apply a thin layer on each side your going to glue together, and let that dry completely. Then, apply another layer of cement, and wait 7-10 minutes, so that it isn't wet, but just slightly tacky to the touch. It should not come off on your fingers at all. Then, slow, and very firmly, press the ends together.
>>
File: GutsSlicesBanditInHalf.png (1MB, 1776x1600px) Image search: [Google]
GutsSlicesBanditInHalf.png
1MB, 1776x1600px
I'm planning a black swordsman arc Guts cosplay but I'm not sure what to do about the armour and sword as I've not done any cosplays this big before.

I've heard that you can make armour out of paper and resin but I don't know what kind of resin it is, or if I need a special kind of paper, or even if it's a decent method.

For the sword I'm thinking of making it out of cardboard or something and coating it in something to make it less flimsy and weak but I'm not sure so if anyone can tell me if that's a good idea I'd appreciate it.
>>
Anybody come across a reliable but reasonably priced online shop for silk georgette? Obviously it's not going to be $5, but mood fabrics' $30/per yard seems to be stretching it
>>
how the fuck do you search a particular print on closet child on Mobile
>>
>>9195979
Some light reading on chosing flight helmets here: http://www.bowersflybaby.com/stories/helmet_options.html - Porco Rosso's look like the original type with the integrated round headphone cups. Just find cheap round shades for the sunglasses (aviator glasses pre-date PR).
>>
File: 20160924_104102.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160924_104102.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>9196713
allright, ill give that a shot on the next piece. so fat this is the most success ive had joining foam, but the second i bend it to form the helmet, the seam begins to pop
>>
>>9196810
>paper and resin
It's regular paper. You use fiberglass resin. Google pepakura armor.
>cardboard sword
Absolutely not, cardboard is awful for props no matter what. Google insulation foam swords.
Plenty of people have made armor and made swords, and on top of that plenty of people have cosplayed Black Swordsman Guts before. Don't act like you have to reinvent the wheel here.
>>
>>9196810
You're going to want to learn about pepakura for the armor. Large props can easily be shaped from rigid foam.
>>
>>9196881
>>9196886
thanks, the pepakura and foam should make this a hell of a lot easier than it would have been otherwise.
>>
>>9196449
Oh, I didn't think of that. Good idea.
>>
File: ohfuckles.jpg (87KB, 615x457px) Image search: [Google]
ohfuckles.jpg
87KB, 615x457px
Is leather paint good for painting shoes? I used spraypaint last time, and it flaked a bit.

>mfw my shoes were flaky af by noon
>>
File: image.jpg (942KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
942KB, 1936x2592px
>>9196947
Leather paint can look really nice. But make sure you're using the right material shoes. I painted some dark brown faux leather shoes (pic related) and they looked great, but by the end of the con day there were patches that had rubbed off around the inside edge.
>>
>>9196947
angelus leather dye has so far given me the best results when painting shoes.
>>
Speaking of shoes, I have som Vans I want to paint Coral but I have no idea what to use for them
>>
What's the best waist cincher? I just want something to wear while cosplaying to get a nicer figure and spanx isn't really helping as much as I'd like.
>>
>>9197021
Spandex is the best waist cincher. unless youre going to get a full blown metal boned corset, try crunches and squats?
>>
>>9197026
Haha, I just wasn't blessed with an hourglass figure. I'm very rectangle shaped...will doing core based exercises actually make my waist smaller? I've considered a full blown corset, but I'm afraid that I'll get sick if I wear it for hours at a con.
>>
>>9197016
You can mix paint
For Vans you can probably get away with fabric paint, just make sure you seal it.
>>
>>9196984
I was just going to paint the white rubber parts of Converse shoes.
>>
where do I find some good leggins for men. most have multiple designs and feel uncomfortable. and others feel like its going to rip if I put something on them and try to take the pieces off?
>>
>>9197278
If that area isn't going to get much friction or bending, you'll probably be fine. People have used angelus paints for midsoles, etc. before.
>>
>>9197029
If you don't do core exercises and start incorporating them into your life, you will notice your waist becoming more shapely. Concentrate on planks. There's an idea that doing side bends will make your waist thicker, but I think it actually pulls the side of your waist in up to a certain level of #gains.

Cinchers - ASOS do a line of sturdy, cheap spandex shapewear. Esbelt is more expensive but still extremely good for the price. Orchard Corsets are said to be good starter corsets. Try layering a spandex shapewear garment over the corset to hide ridges.

Also, you might get better results with padding, especially if you're rectangular but skinny. Butt pads can be bought on Amazon, and there's tips for hip pads here: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S9147403#p9162061
>>
>>9197406
Thank you so much! I really appreciate this.
>>
File: latest.png (202KB, 400x630px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
202KB, 400x630px
would anyone happen to know a pattern I could use for Hsien-kos outfit?
>>
File: tumblr_ngwfed6UxI1ts8ljgo8_500.png (141KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngwfed6UxI1ts8ljgo8_500.png
141KB, 500x281px
Please Cgl, you're my last hope. My plan was to make Zaheer and Pl'i, but i'm hitting the wall with the wigs. I can't find any tutorials on how to make a sidecut or shaved head this short. They don't look 100% bald, so a normal bald cap would be enough.
>>
File: tumblr_o114djdUx81v10nido1_500.gif (763KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o114djdUx81v10nido1_500.gif
763KB, 500x282px
what color wig should i get for phase 3 noodle? dark purple or dark blue? its hard to tell
>>
Guys

Can I use lipstain for a face tattoo and then makeup sealer?

https://www.amazon.com/Aurora-24H-Lively-Lipstain-Blush/dp/B01L2OUQOW/ref=sr_1_113_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474877332&sr=8-113&keywords=skin%2Bmarker&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&th=1

This is what I was thinking, I tried gel eyeliner but it's too fine and it keeps breaking off in the application. Will this be better or will it not hold well on my face?
>>
>>9199673
>lip stain
>stain
>on your face

go for it
>>
People who have experience with Sintra/other brands of expanded PVC: how rigid are the thicker...uh, thicknesses?

I need to make a sword that's basically a katana in size and shape, but the blade is pretty beefy, like half an inch thick. I know the thinner Sintra would be too floppy, but I'm wondering if the half-inch stuff would be rigid enough for that kind of blade by itself or if I'd still need to reinforce it somehow.
>>
>>9199673
Get face/body paint. Apply it with a brush, apply setting spray to keep it in place. Don't touch your face and it will last all day.

I like Wolfe FX, Mehron Paradise, Kryolan, and ProAiir, but Ben Nye is also good.
>>
>>9199673
I tested some 24 lip stains on my hand in the store when I was deciding on colour. They lasted 3 or 4 days despite washing and makeup remover because the skin doesn't wear away as fast as it does on your lips. Imagine that on your face... Might not be a good plan!
>>
>>9199617
Looks more blue to me.

>>9198455
With the bald one, you'd have to get a bald cap. You can paint it a dark warm grey to have that stubble-y look. Make sure to blend it in with your foundation. Won't be completely natural but it's the best you can get without shaving your hair.
Unfortunately for the partial-shaved one, you might have to actually shave your hair for it. You can try doing a bald cap + sewn in wefts, but I've never seen it done so I can't give you any tips or guarantees.

>>9198157
Look at Mandarin-styled outfits.
>>
>>9200606
Thanks. Do you think her skin is more grey or blue? I want it to look as accurate as possible!
>>
Where's the go-to place for colored contacts? I'm in the market for a pair of green contacts
>>
>>9200615
pinkyparadise or honeycolor
>>
>>9200616
Thank you so much <3
>>
>>9200607
For who, >>9198157? It's like a weird mix between.. I guess grey would look better.
>>
How would I go about doing the belts on her arms?

I figured real belts would be too long and buying 6 would be ridiculous anyways
>>
File: image.png (250KB, 397x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250KB, 397x589px
Is it morally wrong to use a wheelchair in cosplay when you're not disabled? I want to cosplay pic related. I would be modifying a wheelchair to be like hers, it wouldn't just be plain.
>>
>>9200668
leather/ish fabric over wire? you'd need wire or some sort of support to keep real belts up anyways
>>
>>9200708
I say do what you want, anon. Just don't pretend that you are disabled if people ask. Be prepared to catch shit from some people who are overly sensitive. But most likely no one will give you problems as long as you're upfront with the fact that the chair is a prop, not a necessity. Probably would help to have other Danganronpa cosplayers with you to put the character into context.
>>
If I'm doing white makeup, is there a difference between using Mehron's White Setting Powder or Translucent Colorset Powder? Is the latter better for general makeup while the setting powder is better for face paint?

>>9200708
As the other anon said, it's technically fine as long as you don't get disabled privileges.
I had a friend that did a wheelchair cosplay, and convention staff would wheel her to the front of lines and panels. She was too spaghetti to really do anything about it. Don't do that and don't let it happen; stand up and tell them it's okay.
>>
>>9198455
For P'li it's gonna be a combo of bald cap/shaving your head and altered wig , like anon said.
>https://arda-wigs.com/hee-hees-misfit-wigfit/
>http://twinzik.tumblr.com/post/45317960899/hee-hees-iron-wig-entry-for-round-2-arda-wigs
Both ways. Good luck, I don't think it'll be easy, but if you have time, you'll get there.

>>9200708
I'd personally not do it because of the possibility someone with an actual disability calling me out on it, but yeah. There'll be some remarks but if you stay friendly and such then go for it.
>>
>>9200708
it's a tremendous pain in the ass to go round a convention in a wheelchair anon. i went round one with a leg-surgery friend and it was exasperating for both of us. don't bother.
>>
File: Sewing Machine.png (85KB, 412x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sewing Machine.png
85KB, 412x400px
I just realized most sewing machines have a sort of big hunk of plastic that attaches to the 'base' of the machine and covers the bobbin and the bobbin plate. I bought my machine secondhand and it didn't have one, does anyone know what it's called or where I could buy a replacement? I'm using a singer 1507. Pic related is the thing I'm taking about.
>>
>>9201475
They call it a 'sewing table body'. You should be able to find it online easily, just google that and your model.

Honestly your first move should have been to google a parts list for your machine, anon. It took me two seconds on my phone.
>>
File: MetamorphoseGobelinBustleSkirt.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
MetamorphoseGobelinBustleSkirt.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
can anyone help me ID this Meta gobelin skirt? I'm looking for the official name, and maybe also the release year. lolibrary and google have not been their usual helpful selves.
>>
>>9201514
I did, but before this I asked a friend and theirs was a storage compartment on theirs, thats what I had been looking for.

But thank you, I appreciate it!
>>
File: CELO.jpg (41KB, 236x576px) Image search: [Google]
CELO.jpg
41KB, 236x576px
Does anyone know where I could find a wig like this?
>>
>>9201536
https://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/product/detail/11531?language=en

Is this it? It's the Rose Print Gobelin, if that isn't it, the similar one would be the medium-length one in blue. c:
>>
>>9201536
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/gobelin-rose-print-high-waist-skirt
>>
>>9201536
Tbh that looks like a Replica of >>9201592
just with the little watermark on it.
>>
what's the best site to make custom fabrics on? i just need a striped fabric, but i can't find any with the specific colors i want. thanks in advance
>>
>>9201656
spoonflower is the go-to
>>
>>9200732
>>9200842
>>9201020
>>9201429
Thank you all for the responses! I probably won't be doing it now that I've thought about it, it'll save me a good 100 dollars too so that's a plus.
>>
Is it a bad idea to slightly alter a character's design? I have fat legs that look bad in knee socks, so I'd rather use otks.
>>
>>9201725
Go for it. People might say something to you anyway, but if you're happy with the design who gives a fuck.
>>
File: Akaneztd2.png (79KB, 120x510px) Image search: [Google]
Akaneztd2.png
79KB, 120x510px
Is dhgate safe? Has anybody ordered from it? There's a dress I want for pic related, and I found one on it.
If not, does anybody have a better dress or idea (I'm not experienced in sewing) from another website? Thank you in advance.
>>
File: iDmo6Hp.jpg (684KB, 699x5561px) Image search: [Google]
iDmo6Hp.jpg
684KB, 699x5561px
Im making a cloak, along the lines of a GoT northern cloak. Following the "pattern". Making it out of wool.

I want to add a hood. This shouldn't be too difficult right? Just get a nice hood pattern and attach? Anything I should look out for/any good hood patterns? I'm thinking about one of those very wide hoods.
>>
>>9201725
Altering a costume for comfort or modesty is always okay. Altering it to show off tits, less okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 337x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 337x587px
Can anyone recommend a way to attach these ridiculous hip pieces to the bodice without looking like that cringey safety-pin Camilla? Any blogs or tutorials to link?
>>
>>9201793
One of the people on dangerous-ladies.tumblr.com is making a wonderful Camilla cosplay, I'd suggest asking her how she did/is doing it.
>>
Any other recommended wig sites besides Arda and GLW?
>>
>>9201793
Not toally sure what the purple straps looking things are that are going up under the bodice, but my go-to is Parachute clips.
>>
File: jkdhfkj.png (742KB, 1150x598px) Image search: [Google]
jkdhfkj.png
742KB, 1150x598px
what are some good blue contact lenses for brown eyes? i've heard that coloured contacts don't always work well with darker eye colours, so i'm struggling to choose a pair that will get me closest to where i want to be.

pic related. left is my eye colour and i want to achieve something as close to the right as i possibly can. pls forgive the edgy photoshop pic

also, when finding lenses am i mainly paying attention to the brand? i know of the recommended places to buy lenses but they're all from the US. i'd rather buy from my country if possible.
>>
>>9201756
May want to go to >>>/g/ chinkshit general, and ask there, about it or use this link https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general
>>
>>9201841
I wouldn't recommend GLW. What sort of wig are you looking for? One that could pass for your natural hair, or for j-fashion, or cosplay?

>>9201997
Since you're going for such an unnatural colour, it's likely any lenses you find that colour will be quite opaque. In bright light when your pupil gets smaller of course people will see a little of your iris, but I imagine it won't be too much of an issue for photos. Making sure the seller is reliable and has legit brands rather than fake contacts (which are a thing...) is the most important thing. And it goes without saying that you should go to an optom to get your eyes checked and a rough idea of your base curve prior to wearing contacts, as well as learning proper lens care.
>>
How do I alter a spandex bodysuit,I have an awkward body shape and the one I have is baggy around the waist/hips but it's the only size that would fit my boobs so it needs taking in
>>
>>9202419
Spandex is a bitch to sew. Make sure you get ball point needles in the appropriate weight for your spandex and make sure you test different stitch lengths and tensions to find the best settings for your spandex. You need make sure you sew with a stretch stitch or zig zag stitch so the stitches will stretch with the fabric.

The way I've altered body suits is by turning them inside out and pinning the excess fabric, then sew and trim the places you've pinned. However, that's on suits I've constructed myself, so if you can't replace this suit easily or aren't super confident in your sewing skills, ask a friend or help or look into more refined tailoring techniques.
>>
Can someone please post the image with the compilation of the JNig posts pointing out that she got her boobs done?
I need it to prove a point
>>
any idea where to get tights like these for Mavis? Painting tights is my last resort because It might look shitty. Already asked the cosplayer in the photo but no reply. All I can find are the generic red and block stockings with the thick stripes.
>>
>>9202506
nevermind, I realized I can just google it
>>
>>9202243
Just natural hair or j-fashion wigs.
>>
>>9201693
steal a wheelchair from a hospital to save yourself the money
>>
File: Kira3rdform.png (771KB, 464x696px) Image search: [Google]
Kira3rdform.png
771KB, 464x696px
>>9183553
So Im making a Kira/Kosaku cosplay, This is the version im going for and ill post the outfit i already have. Mainly will nee opinion and help with dying the pants
>>
File: 0928162030.jpg (656KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
0928162030.jpg
656KB, 2048x1350px
>>9202863
heres all of it just piled on top each other. The jacket is lilac and have no idea if i could get away with the tanish white pants the color they are
>>
File: Ikoma With Cape.png (592KB, 1326x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Ikoma With Cape.png
592KB, 1326x1063px
Hey guys, I was just wondering on how to make a cape with this type of definition?
>>
File: tumblr_niypuf5tRZ1rhxw9lo1_1280.jpg (2MB, 1280x1895px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niypuf5tRZ1rhxw9lo1_1280.jpg
2MB, 1280x1895px
why will this never look as cool in real life as it does in this ancient illustration from a 1980s issue of animage?
>>
really weird question but does anyone know of any people, cosplayers or otherwise, that would custom make armor patterns? i have a mac so pepakura doesn't work on my computer.
>>
>>9203195
why not run bootcamp or parallels to install windows?
>>
Doing a rule 63 harley quinn for Halloween. Suicide squad version. All I really need at this point is a wig, but I've never used one before really. This is what I think I want to use but sadly it wouldn't ship in time. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B1O9K4Q/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A178DOH8OCK4DN

Any advice from anyone? Just need a bleach blonde short wig that will cooperate with styling and hair dye.
>>
>>9203228
>hair dye
You cannot use hair dye on a synthetic wig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6gJsblllRk

Please look at this video - you can also use alcohol-based ink from art supply shops instead of Sharpie middles, which works out cheaper for me.

I don't know how short you want to go, but how about Arda's Jett in Titanium Blond? https://arda-wigs.com/shop/jett-classic/ They're a US based company (I'm assuming you're in the US from the .com URL).

http://www.thefivewitswigs.com/shop/wigs/dawns-early-captain-spangle/ from The Five Wits may also work. (Five Wits have awful stock photos but the wigs are great in person.)
>>
>>9203355
Thank you! That video works perfectly for what I plan to do, and was able to find a desired wig on arda. Love you anon!
>>
File: ONE.PIECE.full.989802.jpg (252KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ONE.PIECE.full.989802.jpg
252KB, 1500x1500px
Hi,
I'm a beginner and I'd like to do Gol D. Roger but I have no clue where to find an appropriate coat. I thought I would dye a lab coat but I can't find any that would reach past the knees. That and any other tips for this character would be great.

I'm not interested in buying a ready-made costume from China.
>>
I have 50 white leds but I need red and green lighting, how can I do it even using indirect lighting without buying another led diode?
>>
File: plastic-folders_copy1.gif (35KB, 382x302px) Image search: [Google]
plastic-folders_copy1.gif
35KB, 382x302px
>>9203431
Colored cellophane/transparent plastic/whatever. Literally anything of the correct color that still lets light through should work. Try looking for colored transparent plastic folders and cut them up? Should be available pretty much everywhere.
>>
I'm very new to cosplay. Most of what I've done is stuff I can piece together with normal clothing pieces. I'm trying to step outside of my comfort zone a bit but I'm wondering if purchasing a costume or costume piece as a base is legitimate possibility.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JSHPKYQ/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_6?colid=1WD2MAO8ZHH3A&coliid=I2NDBSQ92NKXHD

If I were to purchase that as a base would that be a reasonable tactic of making a beginner Ougi cosplay? Or should I dive in and try working on everything from scratch? What, if anything, can be salvaged from this purchase?
>>
>>9203567
Here's the secret to cosplay.
>put on a costume of a character you like.
Congrats, you're a cosplayer.
There's no "legitimate" way to cosplay. If you want to buy your costume, go for it. If you want to make everything from scratch, rock on. If you want to buy a costume and improve parts of it, great. The only time people will get mad at you if you claim to make a costume that you purchased. Everything else is up to you.
>>
File: 1390918733954.png (75KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1390918733954.png
75KB, 301x267px
>>9203447
Thank you, I will try with colored cellophane.
>>
File: slender-man-latexmask-1.jpg (148KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
slender-man-latexmask-1.jpg
148KB, 800x800px
Hello! I'm wondering about the prospects of changing colour on a latex mask as i'm a Terrible mask-maker.

Now i'll go abit more indepth: The mask on the picture is rather exactly what I want as a base for a faceless demon mask i'm working on for a LARP role. However while the mask looks decent for the base of it, I want to try to make it look obsidian type black. I know most of the details of the current mask will most likely be lost but that is to little importance for the project.

Now before I throw myself into the experimental stage I was wondering about the Hows of interaction with various types of paint and how well latex interracts with various methods and materials you can use etc. I'm really looking to somehow maintain the smooth surface of the mask. The current choice is also made due to budget reasons, it's cheap.

As i've never done anything like this before I have little to no idea where to go about searching for the more necessary information, however I hope I can find atleast abit guidance amongst the more experienced here.

If anyone has any suggestions of where one might purchase a ready obsidian latex mask like I posted please do refer me.
>>
>>9203599
PAX paint is typically what should be used for latex. It's acrylic paint mixed with a medical adhesive called proaide.
>>
>>9203400
idk try googling "pirate coat"
>>
>>9203570
Thank you. I really appreciate those words of encouragement. I've been letting myself get way too nervous about starting to work on this cosplay. I guess my only thing left to really be concerned about is if I buy this and what I feel like what is and isn't worth using. Hopefully it won't just be money down the drain.

If I anyone has tips on being able to tell the quality of certain pieces when buying is an option I'm still very open to advice. Or if you click the link and see any major red flags let me know as well.
>>
>>9203706
Use general internet common sense. Try to find a seller/costume that has good reviews. I can't say 100%, but this looks like a seller from China, which can mean that you could find this on ebay, taobao, or aliexpress for cheaper. Don't forget to iron or steam the costume to get the wrinkles out. And if you hate, you can always turn around and sell it.
>>
File: DC_-_Sorceress_Sprite.gif (348KB, 165x217px) Image search: [Google]
DC_-_Sorceress_Sprite.gif
348KB, 165x217px
Me and my gf want to go as the Wizard and the Sorceress respectively from Dragon's Crown for Halloween this year. I'm a total neet at the moment so I have loads of time to make these costumes and make them right.

My gf has F cup tits, so she has enough tittage to pull this off (I figure). However I have no idea how I could get her tits to hang the way they do in the original canon and still remain strapless. As a guy, I have no idea what sort of bras exist on the market that "could" best emulate the effect.

I was thinking to build some custom bra with excellent structural support from the bottom (padded with wire framing and such) so that they can be individually supported and stick out like they do in the original canon. I could incorporate a corset for the waist if that would help with exaggerating the tits? Perhaps use some adhesive to glue the bra to the tits (if that's even a thing)?

I'm sure some busty women on here have some sort of idea of what I could do? I dunno, I probably just sound like a moron talking about this, I'm pretty clueless.
>>
>>9203741
>wanting your GFs tits to literally hang out for the world to see

This is a joke, right?
>>
>>9203747
some people aren't as insecure about being cheated on as you, anon. maybe they're proud their gf has a rack.
>>
>>9203747
I'm entertaining the idea regardless, obviously if it ends up looking ridiculous we won't do it.
>>
>>9203752
>want appreciating my SOs body to be an intimate thing
>this means I'm insecure

This mentality that's becoming more and more common in the west is #triggering me. I wouldn't want my SO to be okay with me walking around with my tits on display for the world.
>>
>>9203755
Clearly it's not a universal feeling.
>>
>>9203758
I know, it's just disappointing respecting yourself and your privacy is becoming less common and something to be ashamed of now a days.
>>
>>9203747
>>9203752
>>9203755
>>9203758
>>9203761

I just wanted some suggestions... not to spark a conversation about public decency.
>>
>>9203767
You asked about how to get your GFs tits to hang out, on a board known for disliking girls who use their tits hanging out in cosplay to gain fame. What did you expect?
>>
>>9203773
I obviously don't know anything about board culture here as I never come here.

I'm an engineer, I'm looking at this from a strictly technical perspective and foolishly assumed others would look at it the same way.
>>
>>9203778
Then it's your own fault for being a newfag.
>>
>>9203781
So you have no suggestions, thanks I guess.
>>
>>9203782
>being this butthurt you got called out on being a newfag

I have some ointment that might help if you want?
>>
>>9203785
The only one that's butthurt is you for being an insecure chestlet.

But continue to avoid the original question if that's what cools your nerves.
>>
>>9203791
>has to resort to calling me chestlet because I called out you being a newfag

I wasn't aware you knew my measurements anon! I know you say your GF is an F cup, but that doesn't make my 32E small. It does however make you easily asspained and uncreative in your comebacks.

>continue avoiding the question

You do know I'm not obligated to spoonfeed you, right?
>>
>>9203796
>respect my body and privacy
>this means I'm fat

That's pretty ironic anon, usually fat girls are all for showing off their gross bodies thinking they're hot.

>32E
>32
>fat

Anon.
>>
>>9203793
>Resorts to lying on the internet about her breast size so she can retain her dignity

It's ok chestlet. I understand it triggers you when girls are able to flaunt their large tits.

You only need to say you don't know how to help me. I would have undersood.
>>
>>9203755
they're just boobs fag. if you want to cover yours up go ahead but dont whine like a bitch just because not everyone thinks milk sacks are *sOoO iNtImAtE*
>>
>>9203799
I love how this is the only argument you can think of, deflecting away from your newfaggotry by making up insults when you have absolutely no idea of my measurements.

>>9203800
You should probably calm down, stop being so #triggered
>>
>>9203798
then why go throw a hijab on if covering yourself up suddenly means self respect, you fucking prude. Oh wait, cause it doesn't. You're almost definitely fugly and your "WAH i hate when other girls get more attention than MEEEE" is not doing you any favors
>>
>>9203803
Because I honestly don't care that I don't frequently browse a board with catty women like yourself. You try to accuse me that it's somehow important to me so you can hide the fact that my question triggered you so colossally.

Calm down dude.
>>
>>9203809
>come to this board because you need advice
>surprised when you get backlash for being new and asking stupid shit
>I-I totally d-don't care what you think
>h-heh dumb women

Yeahhh
>>
>>9203805
>have self respect
>get called a prude and fugly for having self respect

I'm laughing
>>
>>9203814
>Doesn't know how to help a fellow anon with an admittedly stupid cosplay question
>Is triggered by the fact that I asked about how to display tits
>H-heh you're just a n-newfag
>s-so triggered

I can play your game too
>>
File: Concept_Art_Chiaki_Nanami.png (2MB, 2000x1427px) Image search: [Google]
Concept_Art_Chiaki_Nanami.png
2MB, 2000x1427px
I bought some accessories, but I'm afraid I'm going to screw this up because I've never cosplayed. Bought some high thighs, and a hair clip. Not sure how to go upon the rest. Anyone have any resources for contacts and any experience for buying wigs on ebay?
>>
>>9203823
But you flat out admitted you were new and then went on the defensive about your newness.
>>
>>9203829
And you flat out got pissy that I asked the question in the first place and made it into a discussion about how women shouldn't flaunt their tits.
>>
>>9203828
People usually recommend pinkyparadise or honeycolors for contacts. There's usually a circle lenses question if you have specific questions about a brand or site. There's also an ebay thread and a wig thread, so if you've got any specific questions people might be more helpful there.
>>
>>9203832
Because you are new and need to lurk more.
>>
File: image.png (111KB, 508x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
111KB, 508x376px
>>9203832
>>
>>9203836
>>9203835
Already in the process since you proved to be nothing but overly emotional.
>>
File: image.jpg (773KB, 1280x1435px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
773KB, 1280x1435px
>>9203843
>is the only one upset
>accused of other people being overly emotional
>>
>>9203843
Bye.
>>
>>9203834
I'll familiarize myself with those threads then. Thank you.

I would like to add that I would like to find a look-a-like skirt and button down shirt at a store, but I haven't found anything typically nice.
>>
>>9203844
You really aren't helping your case of being "cool headed" at all if you haven't realized.
>>
>>9203853
>thinking I'm the same poster

Wot
>>
>>9203741
Sorry the thread got derailed but it'd be best if you stopped replying to the salty cats.

Anyway, it's unlikely that it'll look exactly like the canon, the best you can aim for is just prominent perky cleavage.
I think you have a good plan with building a custom bra. You'd have to buy an underbust corset anyway (trust me, you don't want to try making one) for the design.
The adhesive you're thinking of does exist, it's called fashion tape. Also you might want to get nipples pasties just to be safe.
>>
>>9203870
It's the chins, I don't mind some back and forth.

I'll look into a cheap underbust corsets for sure and just cover that up with fabric to match the canon. My gf said she might have some ideas on how to make her bust look close to canon, and I'm sure she can guide me on how to make a bra (since she's the one wearing it).

Good call with the pasties as a "safety" feature. I'll also look into fashion tape to help everything cling without squishing everything down.
>>
I don't know if this is the right thread, but whatever.
What online shops do you recommend who ship from Europe? So far everyone keeps telling me to go with ArdaWigs but they ship from Murica and the shipping costs are way too high.
>>
>>9204343
Coscraft are good, Match Wigs do free international shipping.
>>
any advice on how to do her boots is appreciated. in one frame of the show they wrinkled like they're stuffed fabric but I don't want them to end up looking sloppy or lose shape.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.