[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else who worked for a Lolita store have any stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 11

File: tumblr_nc2netiGf61qgfsiio1_500.jpg (182KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc2netiGf61qgfsiio1_500.jpg
182KB, 500x750px
Anyone else who worked for a Lolita store have any stories?

>worked for burando store in San Fran
>landwhale comes in
>asks to try on dress
>politely inform her of our policy against letting people try on the dresses who clearly won't fit them
>"but how do you know it won't fit me if I haven't even tried anything on?!"
>bitch is too fat to even fit in full shirring
>explain that everything is one size and runs really small
>she throws a shitfit and demands to speak to manager
>we don't usually have managers working the floor
>when I tell her this, she demands I call up my boss so she can tell them the situation
>do just that
>boss straight up tells her she's too big to fit the second she reveals her dress size (which was 20-something)
>girl storms out angrily, saying she's never been fat shamed so bad in her entire life
>>
thatreallyhappened.jpg
>>
>>9166340
Actually, it's very common for us to have to turn down try on requests, this is just the only one I've had where the person lashed out about it.
>>
I remember an e-famous lolita working at AP San Francisco briefly. Was it Ellejay?
>>
>>9166402
If this were allowed in any other store, people would be throwing shit fits all over the place.

Unless you work in another country?
>>
>>9166328
I also worked for a brand store, but we just let people try on what they wanted and figure out for themselves when something wasn't going to fit. A lot of the time the plus size customers would ask what we had in their size range first, so that helped a little. We still had a few people get upset when they couldn't fit into something, but they couldn't really blame the shop staff for that.
>>
Can we share stories from working brand booths at cons?
>>
>>9166444
I'd say go for it - it's on topic and I can't imagine this thread getting many replies.
>>
>>9166444
Please do so!
>>
I worked for the AP booth at a local con last year and me and the other booth girl had a safety meeting on our lunch break, made the shift a lot more chill because that whole weekend was a shit show.
>>
>>9166419
Not when the merchandise is expensive and one sized. I can't imagine even somewhere like Barney's letting someone who's far too large for an item try it on and potentially damage or destroy it.
>>
>>9166328
Outing myself by posting this, but whatever. This is probably #1 in the top 5 worst things that happened when I worked at BTSSB SF.

We used to have trash cans for used makeup protection masks in the fitting rooms.

>Couple comes in, woman wants to try on a dress
>In the fitting room a while, the guy goes in to help her
>ALERT, ALERT, not allowed to have two people in there
>Guy apologizes and steps out, we notice he smells like cat pee
>Woman decides she doesn't want the dress, couple leaves
>For some reason the smell from the guy seems to linger in the dressing room
>Next day, dressing room still smells like pee?!
>Febreeze, instruct customers to use the other one for now
>One of us goes to take out the trash
>Holy shit
>There is a used sanitary pad shoved under some of the makeup covers
>THERE IS PEE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE CAN
>SHE USED THE TRASH CAN AS HER BATHROOM
>Throw out whole trash can
>Throw out trash can in the other dressing room just to be safe
>No more trash cans ever, people are disgusting pigs who can't be trusted

In case anyone ever wondered why the trash cans (and makeup covers) disappeared.
>>
>>9166692
am having a culture shock right now. I have never heard of make-up covers, and make-up covers and bins being in a fitting room
>>
>>9166725
You've obviously never been to Japan or the BTSSB SF shop.
>>
>>9166725
Or just new. I've never been to either places and people have talked about makeup covers before (here, egl, maybe fb groups). They're normally for blouses. I'd want to supply and use those if the blouse costs over $100 a pop.

I don't think I saw them when I was at the Parisian shop, but my guess is that the shop keeper gives them to customers if they're about to try on a top or dress.

>>9166444
Third.
>>
File: 1444073828445.png (452KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444073828445.png
452KB, 400x600px
>>9166692
Holy shit anon

... I'm curious about the other four stories now though
>>
>>9166725
I felt retarded the first time I was in Japan and they handed me the cover. I didn't know what it was for. They're in almost every clothing shop there.
>>
>>9166692
Oh my god. But I literally believe this. I work in retail and I've seen some shit, quite literally, when it comes to restrooms and fitting rooms. You'd think lolita customers may be a little better, but no... humans are shit, man.
>>
>>9167053
My friend said someone pooped in the fitting room at the Macy's she works at.
>>
>>9167055
This happened at my old work, too.

But man, I've seen some shit at Macy's. I went to use their bathroom one time and there was piss everywhere. Considering it was the women's lounge, you would expect it to be one toilet and the other 15 or so would be fine. Every toilet I walked in to at piss on it-- probably five or so.

I ended up bolting out of there and going to Nordstroms to pee.
>>
>>9166407
Definitely not. She wants to reap as many sympathy points as she can by saying she's unable to work.

>>9166692
What are stories #2-5?
>>
i occasionally go to san fran to visit ap and baby.. dont wear lolita but have been interested for a long time. the ap store is really cramped and i always feel like a nuisance ... btssb is nice and open and ive had better service there overall
>>
We got a lot of nobodies asking for free dresses in exchange for them wearing the dress in a photoshoot.
>>
>>9167073
She was living with the owner of APSF and wrangled herself a position there for a short time
>>
>>9166328
Not burando, but I work in vintage and have to deal with this on the daily. And since the clothes are old they're much more prone to being damaged or having the zipper ripped out
>>
I dont want to reiterate the whole story but there was a mess of shit that happened when AP USA came to a tea party where my local comm is at. They were at the convention and there were local girls as booth girls, but I wasnt one of them. Long story short this woman that came from the SF AP was a crazy ass bitch
>>
>>9167106
you can't just post that and not the story, anon
>>
>>9167077
A lot of comm members dislike the ap store because is the owner,Lynda. The location is also kind of out of the way so it doesn't get nearly as much support as baby
>>
What was this story about BABY Paris where a big Usakumya and something else got stolen?
>>
>>9167108

I'll try to remember all the details the best I can, since I wasnt there to witness all of this. I may get some information wrong, plus this was like 2 years ago so its been awhile.

>be in Canada
>AP JP originally didnt want to send anything here for the convention
>this woman from AP SF is hell bent on being here with merch
>steals(?) a bunch of merch from the SF store to bring with her here
>instead of AP JP sending her merch to bring or telling her what she even could bring from the San Fran Store
>has issues crossing the border since she has a butt load of merchandise with her
>almost didnt have any merch for her booth, almost confiscated at the border
>I think she ended up paying some ticket so she could bring it here.
>there was something about her threatening people with a gun in the USA shop?
>claims shes the store owner of the USA shop
>girls later find out that she isnt and doesnt even physically work in the store. She was their website person
>The store owner wants to get rid of her but cant because she has 100% access to the website, she'll sink that ship faster than an AP bloodbath if she got fired.
>iirc she wore some sort of ... outfit to the tea party. Looked like a hot party city mess
>girls who worked at the booth said it was a pretty crazy experience, the woman was off her rocker and completely disorganized the whole time

fin
>>
>>9166407
Yeah she did work there, albeit briefly and she hated it but she wants to seem nicey nice and is fake as fuck so she never said anything negative about it online. She even started a special tumblr for it lol
>>
>>9167123
I'm pretty sure Lynda is the CEO of Saxony, though, isn't she?
>>
>>9167123
What the shit?

>>9167156
Yep she's the CEO. It's interesting to look at her LinkedIn because her previous jobs all only lasted a year or less and then as soon as she started with Oneesan Inc, her time with them increased to nearly 3 years and then even longer at Saxony. She'll be guesting at Tekko 2017 too.
>>
>>9166328
stores should just have a measuring tape, so they can take customers measurements and compare them to dresses, bit hard for them to deny it then.
>>
>>9167210
Higher-end stores where I do that. It's mostly to cut out the guesswork on sizing though, because most people don't know their measurements off the top of their heads and sizing varies by store.
>>
>>9166328
>calling it San Fran
confirmed fake
also, baby sf doesn't have multiple managers and never has. maybe next time you can make the bait a little more believable~
>>
>>9167364
Eh I know locals who call SF "San Fran", but yeah they're def not from the comm since everyone pretty much knows the store staff in one way or another.
>>
>>9167123
Yup, this is basically exactly how I tell the story. Luckily she didn't threaten anyone with a gun like she did at the con previous to that one. Oh and the booth girl they brought with them was so fake sounding and rude. (Fake sounding as in she ~~~talked like thiiiIIISSSS!! <3~~~ 24/7)
>>
>>9166419
Maybe for low-tier mall fashion. Try going into any store that charges multiple hundreds of dollars for a single dress and attempt to try on something that clearly won't fit you. Protecting the merchandize takes priority over hurting some delusional fatty-chan's feelings.
>>
A friend of mine who works at BtSSB NYC said that they once had a girl unsuccesfully attempt to return a skirt with period blood on it.
>>
>>9167364
Lots of people from SF call it San Fran, plus for all you know OP could have been a student or something. Also, BtSSB SF has two managers, the manager of the shop and the one that functions like an assistant manager.
>>
>>9167364
Lots of locals call it San Fran
It's "frisco" that we don't use, lol
>>
>>9166571
Safety meeting? I thought we were the only ones to call it that. So Cal anon?
>>
>>9167930
This. The loss for a dress worth hundreds costs the store more than the fatty chan's feefees. Most of the time they won't even buy it anyways.

>>9167940
Eugh I actually gagged reading that. Some people just have no shame.
>>
>>9166725
>>9166726
>>9167037
I never saw them until I worked in a specialty boutique where everything was white
>>
>>9166726
Yes I am aware that I've never been to the US or Japan.
>>
>>9167947

Hate to break it to you, but there is only one manager. Shes the same manager since ooening. The other 3 are just plain old shop staff. And the manager definatly works on the sales floor.
>>
>>9168099
Right? It's so fucking irritating that people just state the fucking obvious to others on here non stop.
>>
>>9166743
>Or just new.
Yeah well this is pretty fucking out there okay.
>>
>>9168284
Asst Managers are never real managers. So yeah, there's only ONE manager.
>>
Does anyone have any info on Lynda before he was a woman? I've always found it so wierd that nobody knows anything about him before lolita.
>>
>>9168290
Newfags are always like that. They're rude and pretend stuff they just learned is common knowledge to seem smarter and more important when there's really no point in trying to impress anyone.
It's like when an idiot learns a cool fact, wants to share it because it's cool, but then treats the person they share it with like an idiot for not knowing.
>>
>>9167953
It killed me when playing 'Life is Strange' and Max said 'Frisco'". Hooooly shit. Get the fuck out of my Bay Area.
>>
>>9168374
so much dialog in that game made me cringe. nobody on the planet talks like that
>>
>>9167546
Tons of locals call it SF, San Fran, or San Francisco. Depends on who you feel like saying it. I even ask sometimes to my friends if they want to go to 'The City' and they know what I mean. 'The Bay' is vague, but everything else besides 'Frisco' because thats fucking insulting.
>>
>>9168376
The out of place 'sistah' constantly was something I reeeeeally hated and didn't even sound organic when the dialog was being spoken.
>>
>>9167055
Oh man, Macy's is a nightmare. The other night I had a customer come in about 5 minutes before closing and leave a pile of clothes in the fitting room covering the suspicious brown liquid puddle he had left for me to discover when I went to clean it. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>9168463
oh man, years ago I worked at walmart and this regular would come in and pretend he wanted to try on clothes, but he'd be in the dressing room for an hour and only leave when no one was looking. Whenever we went in to retrieve the clothes he left behind there were always bras and panties mixed in with the clothes he had.
We always sent those items directly to claims.
>>
>>9168463
????????
every macys I have been to also has a public restroom, why do people feel the need to shit else wear?
>>
>>9168463
Ah retail and poop. Thankfully I have never worked in a store with a public bathroom, but that did not save me from miscellaneous poop.
>work in jewelry store, open floor design and counters are pretty close to the door
>some kid is in the store with chocolate strawberries, smearing it on our counters but whatever, clean it up no harm done.
>latter, we see what we assume is another fucking chocolate strawberry on the floor just outside the store
>coworker goes to investigate
>coworker comes running back, shaking head and is a bright shade of white
>no, nope that is indeed a turd, a good long line of strawberry sized turds
>thankfully it is technically in the hallway so we can call the mall housekeeping and do not have to touch it because you know we don't have gloves or anything
>they saddle me with this task
>saying I'm sorry but could you please send someone right away someone has defecated in front of our store over the phone is not the highlight of my career

And not quite poop but oh well
>Work in card store
>mother and infant are in sympathy.
>avoid the general area to avoid TMI, this place is depressing enough
>can hear the child being fussy from the other side of the store but it is an infant, whatever
>mother power walks out of the store suddenly
>when I go to check it out vomit is everywhere
>VOMIT ON THE WALLS
>VOMIT ON THE CARDS
>VOMIT IN THE ACRYLIC HOLDERS THAT HELD THE CARDS ON THE WALLS
>???????????????????
>boss tries to say that we can just clean off the cards and still sell them
>seriously fuck that place
I'm not fucking sure how that infant had that much vomit in them but at least I had gloves when I cleaned it up.
>>
>>9168376
Same. I think that and my motion sickness to 1st player games really turned me off. I remember being pretty pretentious as a teen, but the characters were so unrealistic.

>>9168374
>>9168378
I'm far from California, but I've always called it San Fran since I've heard it from people who were from there. Never heard of Frisco before until now. Sounds like someone mispronounced Fresno.

/polite sage
>>
>>9166692
There was also this one time a couple changed their baby's diaper on that green couch outside the store, and then they left the dirty diaper on the couch for us to find later. They couldn't go to the bathroom downstairs apparently. It had to be a place where customers sit.
>>
>>9168523
>green couch
>outside Baby SF
Well I am never sitting there again.
>>
>>9167947
Just because you use it anon, doesn't mean lots of us do.
>>
>>9168346
Lynda, despite all the batshit insane things about her, has always been a woman.
>>
This is crazy. I'm just f5 this thread to see if anyone has more stories to share.
>>
>>9167940
Are you friends with the crazy girl that got fired lol
>>
>>9168575
btw curious about more BtSSB NY stories since it's my local store
>>
I was a customer in the Baby SF store, while I'm browsing I hear the most disgusted 'Um, excuse me' I have ever heard.
>"Yeah, hi, can you please stop making out on our couch? That is not what it's for."
If I had been the girl who had brought them, I would have just left immediately.
How embarrassing!
>>
>>9167940
How is NY's Baby store anyway? Gonna be in that area later this month for a family gathering and I'm hoping to stop by if I can.
>>
>>9166692
please, please, please tell me you cleaned and disinfected everything. That's disgusting and I may have to skip Btssb while I'm in SF because of it. (I'm sorry you had to deal with it Anon)
>>
>>9168523
>>9168541
I feel bad for all the girls who sat on that couch for coord pictures.

>>9168703
not btssb staff (obv), but the store is pretty clean like 99.99% of the time. i live in the city and it's never been dirty any time I've visited.
AP on the other hand, ranges from clean to mildly dusty to there's a dust bunny the size of my fist stuck to that display.
>>
>>9168562
What exactly is so crazy about Lynda? People keep saying this but I never hear anyone explain.
>>
>>9166328
>things that didn't happen: the post

As a fattie who borders on the full shirring threshold, I haven't been declined by any brand store associates in both NYC and San Fran when I asked to try something on. Not everything is "one size and runs small," especially if you're admitting there's full shirring pieces. And it's a meme to think fat people won't hesitate if something clearly isn't going to go past their bust.

Anyway, even if this did happen you were a bitch and I can see why you don't work in customer service as you're tone deaf and too autistic to handle those kinds of situations correctly.
>>
File: salty.png (171KB, 1105x913px) Image search: [Google]
salty.png
171KB, 1105x913px
When brands were just coming over here, I really enjoyed looking up reviews of BtSSB SF and AP USA just to find things like this.
This is my favorite Bodyline poorfag review, complete with their opulent avatar and weird LJ era flagrancy. There's a lot of fun bitterness.
>>
>>9166444
I had a girl go ham on me last year when I told her she couldn't use the staff area as a fitting room. She basically accused me of body-shaming her and wouldn't leave until she almost dropped the dress on the ground (had been waving it around like a maniac) and the booth manager came over to ask if she was gonna buy it or not.
>>
>>9168782
>0 friends
Sounds about right
>>
>>9168782
And yet here we are, 6 years later...
>>
>>9168773
It didn't come to your mind that person in question was even bigger than you, did it? I have absolutely no clue how you would believe it's your right to strech out clothes in the brand stores tho. You are either not as big as you claim and only trying on clothes you wont damage or the staff has been just too kind.
>>
>>9166439
Yes but what do you do if they rip the seams and damage the goods?
>>
>>9168500
>boss tries to say that we can just clean off the cards and still sell them
Wow. Just... wow. Talk to a person who worked in retail and food, you'll never want to fucking shop again.
>>
>>9168767
Lynda is… special. I'll give her credit that she did go literally knock on doors in Japan to get brands to come to the US, and that's what got AP to come in the first place. That's also why she is still a part of AP USA… she does not own it. She has been forced into the smallest position that they can, in that she runs their website. They won't kick her out because she is the original connection and the Japanese are weird about it. But she definitely did not have the money to open up the AP USA store/site. That's why it's combined with Harajuku Hearts, because they own it.
As far as being crazy, she is very very into guns and doesn't care that this makes people uncomfortable. She has apparently threatened people indirectly by talking about the guns she has to the point that they feel threatened by her. She's very emotional and will freak out.
There are rumors that she is trans, but no real proof.
I guess you'd have to be around her a bit to get it, but she's not someone you'd want on your bad side and she's kind of off putting.
>>
>>9168688
I pop in from time to time because my job is nearby. They're not very friendly if you're in normie clothes because they assume you're a tourist (my job has a uniform). But it's cozy. Haven't had an issue so far.
>>
File: Lydia WTF.jpg (18KB, 493x68px) Image search: [Google]
Lydia WTF.jpg
18KB, 493x68px
>>9168767
>>9168838
To add to the guns thing, she's also very libertarian and makes weird facebook statuses about hating unions and such. For some reason these sorts of things go hand in hand. A fb friend recently made a post about disliking Lynda recently, and a bunch of people replied with things she's done to make them feel uncomfortable. I guess she's made really insensitive remarks to people in the past, some of which were racist or just unsettling. I capped this one reply she made once, she just spews a lot of shit like this. Also she bitches all the time about people not buying stuff. I think there's some stuff on getoffegl when she ran starrylightbox (?) too?
>>
>>9168846
WHOOPS I mean Starry Candy Box. Starrylightbox is a completely unrelated person.
>>
>>9168842
I go in normie clothes all the time when I visit family. and they are more then friendly and helpful. Maybe you just get them in a bad time or they don't like you for some reason. They have always been chatty with me when I ask if they think it would look good with something or another print I own. I rarely have left that store without spending at least 200 dollars because they give me so many ideas how to mess around with various prints.
>>
>>9169482
Seconding this. I only had a weird experience with the tiny (filipino?) girl. She seems a little off.

On the other hand I mostly see the white girl with silver hair and she's an absolute angel.
>>
Curious about experiences from booth shop girls, but Im dying to know about shop staff stories from the real deal stores; BTSSB SF, BTSSB NY, BTSSB Paris, AP SF, and so on

How do ya'll deal with weebs
>>
>>9168846
>>9168838

Different anon. I decided to look Lynda for the lulz (and relative nostalgia purposes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO2AKgkgBGc

Weird. I've always heard of Lynda and seen a few photos in the past, but never heard her speak. Maybe she is trans?
>>
>>9169596
She is a little off. But every time I have been there she's in the back doing I don't know. But she's never been rude to me if I asked her a question. I do love the silver haired girl. She's my favorite associate and always super helpful when you ask her something.
>>
File: elmerfudd.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
elmerfudd.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>9169610
>>
>>9169610
Theres no way she isnt trans. Ive heard other american asian women with harsh or deep voices but this definitely sounds like a dude.

As for retail workers in general, the things you see in fitting rooms. one of my coworkers came upon a Huge turd that didnt look humanly passable that she claimed was hard as a rock and happened within the hour. Our Loss prevention team who under store policy has to clean any bodily fluid, made her do it.

Sage because OTish
>>
>>9169610
>>9169610
That's 100% a guy in disguise. Just look at the facial structure and the 'high' voice is forced to hell and back
>>
>>9168809
'you break it, you buy it'
>>
>>9168782
Thats really funny because I got my first dress there in 2010 (wore the dress a few times, let my sister wear it a few times - I posted her in the draw thread and some nice people drew some photos of her which really made her happy!) . Ive been to Japantown dozens of times and every shop has the same kind of people who greet you which, honestly, is barely anyone except the BTSSB store and the Hello Kitty store. Those are honestly the only two places besides food locations that I ever get greeted. Everyone else is behind their desk or just watch you like a hawk unless you come to the register and then they start talking to you.

I had a great time when I went into the BTSSB store. Even though I don't buy anything, looking is always really fun and I enjoy it every time. Lolita isn't for me, but I appreciate the look (moreso country and earth toned sweet), but the overall look doesn't suit me. The women in there are nice, answer you questions to the best of their ability, and can indeed look sometimes hit or miss, but overall I don't think I have ever had a bad experience. I understand their pricing too. Its shipped overseas. The cost overseas is also high. You have to be dumb if you think getting an imported garment, from a brand, is going to be cheap. Granted yes. Some of the items do feel thin, but that doesn't mean the actual quality of the dress should be reduced. Its like having the difference between a summer sweater and a winter sweater. If that makes sense.

In general, she's dumb. I am still a curious shopped, but I also know from even a little research online that BTSSB is usually high priced. Be it in Japan or in San Francisco. Bodyline? Now that is cheap fabric. Sometimes equivalent to Milanoo cotton fabrics they use.

Also about Japanese etiquette? I think she has been watching tooooo many fucking YouTube videos. 'Lolita service'. Ha. Go to Japan if you really want people to bow to you and fucking fawn all over you while you choose clothes.
>>
>>9169610
My friend swears shes trans says she still has a dick. They had to be in close quarters for a con.
>>
>>9169610
Kim Chi?
>>
>>9168782
this is brilliant oh my god shes complaining about the girls looking 'shabby' and chatting, thats not a proper lolita service desu! and then screaming about how everything is too expensive haha
>>
>>9169610
Why do you people care so much wether she's trans or not?
>>
>>9170237
Probably the same reason people care if someone's tits are boob implants. People are just assholes. If someone doesn't want to tell then leave them alone. Same thing when society thinks certain celebs are gay and try to force the person to admit it. Its like fuck off.
>>
>>9169610
That is a man.
>>
>>9169618
The voice and gun obsession... real life Elmur Fudd
>>
first time on this board, what the fuck is a Lolita
>>
>>9170528
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/thebasics
>>
>>9168284
I think when people say "managers", they mean supervisors, not just people with the official title manager.
>>
>>9168560
Just because you don't doesn't negate the fact that enough people do where it's stupid to say that alone confirms a story for fake.
>>
>>9168773
>implying there is no such thing as someone too fat to be allowed to try burando on
This hasn't been something you encountered because, as you just said yourself, you border on only fitting into full shirring, meaning you are small enough where it's reasonable to let you try things on. Seems pretty obvious.

Also, it's bitchy and autistic to protect the expensive merchandise you're being paid to keep safe? This is the exact kind of entitled fuckery that gives fatties a bad reputation and makes it hard for seagulls to accept them. You literally expect sales people to let your kind damage their products, or in your eyes they're an autistic bitch that shouldn't be working costumer service. I don't even believe OP happened, but knowing that there are people who would fault a sales person for not letting an extreme landwhale try to force herself in a dress that obviously won't fit really rustles my jimmies.

Btw, you should bother looking up what autistic means before using it as an insult again (which you shouldn't do anyway, since the overuse of that word is among the most cringey edgelord fads currently on this board). Because if you knew what autism actually was, you would know that if anyone is autistic in this context, it's the fatty that freaks out when she's not allowed to try on a dress meant for someone a fourth of her size.
>>
>>9170742
Just stop. There are no assistant managers, there are no supervisors, there is only one manager who's been there since they opened in 2009. Her direct superior is Baby HQ. Everyone else who works there is a clerk.

Look, we all get that OP's trying to make this half-assed bait last as long as possible, but the only people buying into it are newfriends and skele-chans who latch onto every poorly written story about people being mean to imaginary fatties as a way of feeling better about themselves. It's been done to death. Let it go.

>inb4 mad
>>
>>9166328
Lolita fashion could use more sizes
>>
>>9170884
The fatties have their alternatives.

Also, let's not forget that part of why clothes aren't as accommodating in J-fashion is because being overweight is significantly more of a health issue for them, so they can't normalize obesity the way America does.
>>
>>9170237
This

More importantly, she's a pretty terrible person
>>
File: 1470692252108.jpg (126KB, 485x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470692252108.jpg
126KB, 485x640px
>>9170884
>2016
>not having a coord big enough to fit snugly around your armor.
Plebs
>>
>>9170884
if you mean smaller sizes, then yes.
>>
>>9170884

I agree with >>9171029 and I'm a fatty chan. There are lots of options for girls with of plus size in the fashion now. Newer AP, IW, meta, Haenuli, and custom sizing on taobao. Yet for very petite girls I dont see the same options.
>>
>>9167991
Nope close I guess. Vancouver.
>>
>>9169600
It didnt happen often but when I worked as a booth girl, I had to politely chat to this girl ranting about how "ridiculous it is that everything for Lolita is so expensive!!". She was in cosplay herself and I don't know why she thought I had any control over how much things were sold for but I had to hold back my laughter when she said "I could make half of this stuff and probably better too!" Considering her costume looked like it was thrift store fabric hot glued together.
>>
>>9171501
I love people who say they could just easily make Lolita when bitching about the cost. It's like... then do it and shut your whore mouth? Not to mention, if they really were as good at sewing as the think, then they would know that burando isn't actually that expensive for what you're getting.
>>
>>9171037
Agreed and I'm kinda chubby too. Dresses have all gotten longer and even unshirred sizing has gotten bigger, so I feel for super short skinny girls. I know this super petite lolita and she has to tighten VM jsks below the minimum shirred sizing so the fabric gets bunched up. No way to fix that other than to alter it :/
>>
When the h.naoto store existed in SF I went there when visiting Japantown with the wife of one of my husband's good friends to attempt to befriend her. She wandered all over the store complaining nothing would fit her. The shop keepers were nice and made some suggestions and she did try on one dress thing but the graphic got too stretched. That in itself doesn't warrant a horror story except she then proceeded to brag about some Hot topic choker she was wearing to the clerks and how it was so cute and cheap compared to their stuff.
>>
>>9166725
It honestly makes so much sense since I worked in a boutique store and the amount of clothes that were ruined from foundation marks was insane
>>
What are the brand stores in Europe like?
Are they better or worse than the ones in the US?
>>
>>9170862
I just called BtSSB SF to subtly verify this out of curiosity, and they said that there is indeed a hierarchy among the sales girls outside of just a single store manager. You are confirmed for incorrect.
>>
>>9171554
To my surprise, the girl at the Paris BtSSB shop when I went was the sweetest retail worker I've ever encountered. Quite a shock, since Paris service people have a well earned reputation for being cold at best, especially if you're American.
>>
>>9171029
This
>>
i also want to know the dirty secrets about what you gulls have made in brand stores that you're not proud of. shoplifting? breaking things?
>>
>>9171629
Friend of mine once lifted a head bow from a JP Baby store
>>
>>9171629
I sneak photos in the dressing room at AP SF.
>>
>>9169610
As someone who has no bias because they're completely separated from the lolita community (I'm a dude who isn't a brolita), and who just checked this thread for funsies? That's almost certainly a dude, or rather formerly was a dude.

>>9170237
They don't necessarily -care-, but that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to discuss it. I see people ragging on her for a lot of things, but not for potentially being trans. You can point out that someone is trans without it being anything more than a factual statement, it's not always meant in a negative connotation.
>>
>>9171584
Yes! The girl at btssb paris is super sweet
>>
>>9170097
my goddess is incomparable. don't even dare...
>>
>>9169610
oh god how did his parents drop kick him in the jaw ? I can not understand a thing
>>
>>9171629
I peed in a trashcan at Baby.

>>9171023
kek
>>
>>9171629
Ive considered getting a mini go-pro and taking it to brand stores. Im just obsessed with photo taking and memories
>>
>>9171554
Never been there, but I do know that the store is owned as a franchise by this asian guy who sometimes works in the store. Other than that I only have ever heard of 1 shop girl Claire who I'm curious about since only 1 staff is weird as fuck
>>
>>9171910
People don't talk about Claire because she's just nice and professional and knows how to do her job. No drama. I've been there dozens of times and she's always helpful. Paris BtSSB is usually really quiet unless there's an event going on.
>>
>>9171581
Not that anon but why doesn't OP just spill the names of the managers/employees? easiest way to confirm
>>
File: 2372.jpg (31KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
2372.jpg
31KB, 598x448px
>>9171581
Half of SF comm reads this thread and knows this is nonsense. More than half of the comm are friends with current and former shopgirls. We know how the shop works. There is no hierarchy. Stop beating this horse. It's beyond pathetic.
>>
>>9171916
Oh okay then. I didn't think she had drama but just clueless about how 1 staff could hold up an entire brand store. When I went to the New York city store it was overwhelmingly crowded with yapping chinese girls.
>>
>>9171037
I agree with you, but IW? Have you never seen their tubed-shaped bodices that anything over a b-cup would loaf in?
>>
>>9171925
Not that anon but in any job there is an unspoken hierarchy between people who have worked for years versus new hires. But in the sense they usually have seniority
>>
>>9170768
>which you shouldn't do anyway, since the overuse of that word is among the most cringey edgelord fads currently on this board
FUCKING THIS TIMES A MILLION OH GOD I AM SICK OF SEEING IT
>>
>>9168838
>She's very emotional and will freak out.
Fantastic, that is the exact kind of person I want owning a gun.
>>
>>9171926
Every "brand" store, even normie stores, are packed with yapping chinese girls though. There's no helping it since all of them are nouveau riche kids who think they can blow money off on anything and everything with no consequences. A lot of them were poor countryside kids with very little education before they became rich overnight too.

>>9171926
>>
>>9168782
Bodyline poorfags are so entertaining.
>>
>>9171581
How did you even phrase the question? That's such a spergy thing to ask.
>>
>>9168782
I love it when people negatively rate luxury item stores based on pricing... especially Lolita since it isn't even that expensive. You'd think this bitch just discovered Chanel's prices or something.
>>
>>9171909
Oh my god are you me anon?

>>9171629
I have thoughts/daydream of robbing the store at night. Would never do such a thing though.

Also am i the only one thinking that brand prices are way too high for what we get sometimes especially AP? I remember when old school dresses were in between 100-200 bucks man...
>inb4 poorfag
I have a really well paying job but grew up (lower) middle class all my life before so you know. For richfags i must seem laughable since 300+ dollaridoos is nothing or not so much to them
>>
>>9173215
Uh... I've been a Lolita for 12 years and prices for normal dresses were never that cheap retail.

I do agree that brand can be really ridiculous at times. I've had AP with buttons coming off before.
>>
>>9172518
Can you imagine calling any store and asking that?
>>
>>9166692
Staff-chan please tell us the other stories
>>
>>9172518
You've never prank called anyone? That's the mindset I'd use to ask really stupid questions.
>>
File: yelp.png (213KB, 1713x749px) Image search: [Google]
yelp.png
213KB, 1713x749px
>>9168782
Not as spergy but from the NY shop yelp
>>
>>9173408
I love that she thought that any part of that movie is realistic.
>>
>>9173232
There were a good number of dresses released in the mid-2000's that retailed around 20k yen, which given the exchange rate back then, would have been in the high 100's range in USD.
>>
>>9168838
>She has apparently threatened people indirectly by talking about the guns she has to the point that they feel threatened by her.
Do people really get scared when someone talks about guns? If they threaten you, okay, but besides that, it's nothing to get scared of.
>>
File: canthabeeb.png (229KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
canthabeeb.png
229KB, 439x480px
>>9168782
I made this meme just now, for this post.
>>
>>9168782
Honestly, I'm really glad Lolita is so expensive because I fucking hate cheap people like this and they don't deserve anything more than Bodyline. Also, I love how she's complaining about them not being pure weeaboo maidens and saying how they're not ladies, when she's such an entitled peasant that she wanted the store to close down because they charge more than she wanted them to pay.

Also, people love to say they know someone who works as a tailor or costume maker or whatever, so they know they're overpriced. But, the thing is, tailors in the USA are actually paid pretty little for their work because sweatshop prices undercut them even when their labor cost is ultra low like $10 an hour. So, if anything, people who know tailors should be saying we need to pay more for clothes, not holding every shop to the standard of getting as little for their labor as possible. I mean, even indie stores charging like $100 for a nice quality dress get bitched at for "being too expensive". It's pretty disgusting how entitled people feel to ultra cheap products.
>>
>>9173418
20k yen is about what most brands charge on average still, maybe add an extra $20 or $40. Plus, the exchange rate doesn't mean much, considering back then you had to use shopping services, so unless you physically went shopping in Japan, you were gonna be paying more than we do now, anyway.
>>
>>9172232
One time I went to the Baby store and the entire place was packed with them.......they kept running and dropping dresses all over. Chinese lolis can be such pigs.
>>
>>9173461
It honestly depends on how they're talking about them, for me. Like, someone can be talking about guns like they're a collecting hobby or they can be doing it in a way that's vaguely threatening -- especially if they have any sort of us vs them mentality in their speech etc.,

I've also almost never seen people who are super super into guns who DON'T have their gun hobby enmeshed with politics. It's really weird and actually kinda disconcerting considering the implications.
>>
>>9172232
>>9172232
>A lot of them were poor countryside kids with very little education before they became rich overnight too

??? What the fuck? You think some farmers just dug up some gold in a field and their kids just started buying some niche expensive frilly dresses out of nowhere? There was am economic boom (which is now a bust) and most of the girls were lower-middle class to begin with at least. If you're interested in a class and social dissemination of China in the last 10 years (in relation to cgl and weeby subcultures) I can elaborate when I'm on a computer.

>>9175808
A lot of these 'unrefined' behaviours are just cultural differences. If it was sale season I'm not surprised.
>>
>>9176000
Not who you were replying to but I'd love if you could explain the Chinese economic boom x weeb culture relationship.
>>
>>9176000
Not this anon but i would be really interested, seconding >>9176002, please do explain it when you can!
>>
>>9176000
It's not a 'culture difference' to be a complete swine and throw expensive clothing on the floor and trample it, that's just bad behavior. I've never seen HK lolitas be like that it's only Mainlanders.
>>
>>9173109
major loli brands may not be as overpriced as a basic cotton eyelet dress for $800 in Sak's but the materials are not HQ and tailoring isn't always the best. My main gripe with lolita is that everything has been outsourced to China so they can pay less experienced workers a pittance to make what are fast fashion niche dresses and the quality's taken a steep plunge since they closed the Japanese factories. If you think your typical AP or BTSSB is not fast fashion, you're delusional.

Synthetic blend dresses that can't be recycled aren't good for the environment either. At this point, only the companies are truly benefitting from appropriating a green roots subculture like lolita.
>>
>>9176000
I also am interested in this. Perhaps type it up and post it as an image for easier re-posting in the future, should the thread be deleted.
>>
>>9176367
>you don't see guys doing this shit
Clearly you haven't spent much time on 4chan other than this board.
>>
>>9176129
It's not fast fashion in the same sense as cheap mall clothing, and even though the Chinese workers are making a bit less than the Japanese, it's far from beinsweatshop conditions like with American MIC clothing.
>>
>>9176466
Stop replying to bait
>>
>>9176073
This. Taiwanese lolitas don't go into brand stores and step on dresses and throw them around. Cultural difference is no excuse.
>>
>>9170237
Agreed. There's something kind of icky about the way that some people seemingly HAVE to know.
>>
>>9176717
>icky
Are you 12? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>9176718
Icky is a nice euphemism, for "oppressive" or "incredibly unfair to someone who did not choose to be born a woman in a man's body."
>>
>>9167065
Unless it was obviously pee, my money would be on the toilets having an overly vigorous flush mechanism that sprayed water. I'm not sure how to explain it; it seems to be more common with like automatic ones?
>>
>>9171699
Many people on this website use the potential of someone being trans as another way to be a dick towards the person. Like, "wow I hate this person I've probably never met, why don't I call them a man?" It's just mean spirited.
>>
>>9169610
You can see him looking very uncomfortable when the interviewer, innocently (?), talks about you guys this and you guys that. And look at those bulging biceps. Women not intensively into sport don't have those.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0WBNto5Kg
>>
>>9176806
It's usually because those that try to be trans do it for attention and pity points.

Not all are like that, but look at ChrisChan ffs.

sage because this is def. no longer about burando shop stories
>>
>>9177264
I met him once in person at his booth at AX a few years back, I had never seen a brolita but it was so obvious he's a man. He was really handsy with my friend and it was so uncomfortable to be around him.
>>
>>9167114
really? the store is right on SoMa and easily accessible. I go to SF a lot for work and I usually can pop by AP between meetings.
>>
>>9176723
That's something a twit would say.
>>
>>9180974
If you don't work there you usually need public transit or get expensive parking
>>
>>9168500
>>mother power walks out of the store suddenly

Ok no.
No.
You decided to have children and you better damn well pay for the shit they mess up.
Some people.

If I ever work retail again anyone I see high tailing it will get me running to where they came from and sending a worker to get a licence plate.
>>
>>9181002
Or, you know, walk. Lyft is also a thing.
>>
>>9170237
>Why do you people care so much wether she's trans or not?

In this case it looks like it's to explain strange behavior.

I don't know about you but I know 5 or 6 trans people and only one of them is not batshit.
I think it comes with the territory of not being ok with your body, the stress of society, and figuring it all out, and possible chemical imbalances that make them not be chill people.
>>
>>9167065
It's literally because a lot of women hover over the toilet seat because they think they will sit in piss, and it just ends up getting piss on the seat anyway. It's a never ending cycle of women pissing on toilet seats.
>>
>>9169610
Oh shit I bought something from the AP booth at Sakuracon like 2 or so years back and saw her there and thought it was a man. I was like 100% sure that it was a dude and I thought everyone else knew.
>>
>>9171029
fucking this. I'm 5 ft and 90 lbs and a lot of lolita dresses are straight up tents on me that are way too long
>>
>>9181002

Have you never been to a big city before? You pretty much always need public transit or expensive parking. It's San Francisco. It's big.
>>
>>9170237
A dude insisting on being included in a fashion that would put him close to women and has an ageplay connotation? Yeah, people are right to want to know about that.
>>
>>9171584
>>9171742
She recently quit, they posted a job offer on their blog. I haven't met the new shopgirl yet.
>>
>>9181156
Yup, non-meta old school and short Innocent World S size are my only friends, but I'm mastectomy level flat too so that doesn't help. Some Moitie would probably work too but it's not really my style.
>>
Has there ever been any western girls working at any burando stores in japan? With rando white girls like Yukapee or Dakota as models I wonder this a lot
>>
>>9168584
Other than that one with RBF I cant think of any
>>
>>9181156
Have you tried eating a burger ya walking stick :^)
>>
>>9184775
I only know of white girls who work/worked at 109 and ALTA
And that other girl who works at 6%dokidoki
>>
>>9181495
Do you even live in San Francisco? Those are significantly different areas of the city in terms of parking prices and navigating one way streets and not being able to turn for 8 blocks in a row. That's like saying parking and driving in Manhattan is the same as Queens because hur dur big city
>>
>>9181156
With you there, friendo. 4'10 and 82lbs.
inb4 angry fatty-chan
>>
>>9168688
My parents were in New York a few months ago and they remembered I was into lolita so they checked out the Baby store and apparently were treated quite rudely by the staff. They obviously weren't locals though.
>>
>>9168688
I went there last month (I was looking forward to it a lot because it was my first time in a burando boutique) and honestly the staff was super rude, it was kind of shocking. I also thought the selection was pretty poor, though I wasn't really expecting much.
>>
>>9166571
What do you mean by "safety meeting"?
All I can think of is like a Occupational Health and Safety kind of deal. In which case your story is really boring and pointless.
>>
>>9176129
>AP and BTSSB are fast fashion
Uh, no, not at all. Do you know what fast fashion actually means?
>it's not environmentally friendly
You sound kind of new. Lolita fashion has never had some environmental message or been "good for the environment". Do you think people are really going to throw a JSK into a compost pile and hope it decays, like some old organic cotton t-shirt? People want lolita pieces to last as long as possible.
>major loli brands
Yeah, you're new.
>>
>>9184988
Check urban dictionary
>>
>>9184998
>people spending hundreds of dollars on clothes over a decade old
>people dedicated to making clothes last as long as possible
>entire groups looking down on companies for producing low quality, short life clothing

fast fashion
>>
>>9184938
Yeah, I went in and the person on staff was kinda rude to me too. Literally just stared at me when I walked in. I even said "Hi there" and the shopgirl did not respond. I was wearing at least four Baby pieces including my dress, so it's not like she thought I was some random tourist who just wandered in. First time she said spoke was when I asked for help with something, only then was she even marginally friendly. Very quiet as she rang up my things as well and then wandered into the back as I was leaving.
>>
>>9185298
Baby employees always seem cold and reserved. Even the SF employees are quiet and tend to talk amongst themselves more than they talk to customers.
>>
>>9184988
You gotta be safe on the job anon. You dont have any safety meetings? Dude your not safe during work hours you should ask your coworkers if they have safety meetings without you or something. Its not mandatory though and managers almost never take part in them depending on where you work.
>>
>>9185764
Yeah, I've had mixed experiences at the SF store too. I'm not the kind of person who demands to be fawned over by staff and I don't need them to be my personal shoppers either. I just wish I could get the same kind of service I do at a fucking Hot Topic; "Welcome to the store, we are having these specials, if you need help let us know". I'm paying good money, make me feel comfortable enough to really want to spend it in store rather than just going online so that I don't have to deal withhold shoulders and awkward staring.
>>
>>9186191
I've been to the SF store many times and unless the store is already full of people the staff always greets me. I tend not to require assistance with shopping, but last time I asked for help the girls were very friendly and helpful.
>>
>>9184796
>RBF
The aspie girl?
>>
>>9184938
>
Are your parents bad tourists? No offense but I've shopped at brand stores and had to dodge really clueless midwestern parents. I don't think most basics understand rules like no photos or the concept of personal space with lone lolitas who don't want to answer questions about the fashion.
>>
>>9186487
Like I said, mixed experiences. Sometimes it's really great, sometimes it's not. I haven't been in about a year though and if I recall right, the super chilly reception was pretty much always the same girl. NYC was definitely way worse, but I've only been there once so far.
>>
>>9181156
>>9184857
Why don't you just alter the pieces like what the whalelords have to do? At least taking in a dress is a lot less complicated and if there's enough extra fabric you can commission someone to make really cute accessories.

I really can't feel bad for anyone claiming to be too petite, as it's really much easier that than being too tall or too fat.
>>
>>9186808
Same. It's why I have very little issue buying clothing that fits me now while I'm kinda chubby. Anything I buy now that's decent quality can be taken in incredibly easily. (It doesn't even have to be a permanent alteration, either -- you make clothing smaller in a way that if need be, you can let it out with very little damage done.)

But then, I suspect smaller lolitas have the whole "brand is sacred and must not be altered!!!" mindset much more strongly than us fatty-chans do.
>>
>>9185764
Where is lolita service better though? I could only imagine the weebs and itas these people are forced to talk to. In my experience they are friendly unless your a basement dweller.
>>
>>9187063
Not that anon, but they should be friendly even if you are a "basement dweller". It's a customer service job and the clothes aren't cheap. Basic courtesy is required no matter what when a potential customer walks in and a few of these girls working at these stores are seriously failing by not making even the minimum retail standard. Sitting bored at the counter or wordlessly staring without even a greeting is pretty inappropriate given their jobs.
>>
>>9186848
they do. speaking as a skinny lolita, it's annoying. if you are buying nice clothes, fucking alter them unless you plan on selling. even the smallest alterations will make something look fantastic on you
>>
File: P12SK513-pu-1-480x480.jpg (109KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
P12SK513-pu-1-480x480.jpg
109KB, 480x480px
This is a bit off topic, but this is the only thread where I've seen people who have actually worked at BtSSB. I'm obsessed with pic related but am two sizes two big. Is there any give to the material? Or should I just give up? I do plan on losing more weight, but I'm not sure I'll ever get down to the measurements on the websites
>>
>>9186808
>>9186848
It's technically easier but much harder to keep prints lined up and details intact if you're taking more than a few inches away. If your bust to waist ratio is close together for the dress you'd have to completely take the entire front apart. Thankfully I'm not that in love with most modern lolita, but even 2010 era JSks and OPs can be baggy in a way corset lacing and alterations won't fix. As much as it breaks my heart I have to stay away from most Mary Magdalene because of it. Shortening dresses is also much more difficult than lengthening them unless they're completely plain. Skirts can be a bit easier, but it's still not easy as slapping a cute underskirt under it or showing an acceptable amount of leg.

And before someone claims it's easy for them or they can't fit into a certain brand so it's made for "12yo boy bodies" and no one else I'm 4'11 with a 27in bust and 24in waist. It doesn't fucking fit me no matter how much I want it to. Unless it's innocent world s-size and a few old school pieces it doesn't fit and won't unless I get implants, shove literally 5 inches worth of chicken cutlets into a bra I don't need, and gain 30 pounds to fit in more modern AP.
>>
>>9166577
You don't have to ask permission to try stuff on at Barney's. Or any other regular western retail store.
>>
>>9186487
It really depends on the girls themselves. I have had good, bad, and very bad experiences with the baby staff. Most of the girls are very nice and helpful, but there is the odd one who is vindictive toward customers.
>>
>>9187556
You don't have to *ask* for permission, but sometimes the shop girls will take what you want to try on off your hands and lay them out in the cabin for you. Or other times there is a cabin lady that can assist you with bringing other sizes, and she will monitor what you bring to try on.
>>
>>9187547
That is very off topic and no, that fabric has no give.
>>
>>9184988
They went out and smoked a J in their burando, anon.
>>
>>9186191
It's the same in Japan… I went to LaForet in full AP and the shop girls there ignored me until I bought something. I went to MaruiOne (RIP) and the shop girls were super nice and friendly even though I wasn't even in lolita. One even drew me a map to Closet Child when I couldn't find it.
>>
>>9187803
This.

It's required by most fashion retail workers to actually check what you want to try on and then send you to the fitting room.. not particularly to judge if youll mess anything but for loss prevention reasons
>>
>>9187467
What do you want them to do, grovel or follow you around the store? I've been to japanese btssb stores, sf and ny and everyone greeted me. If the service is so bad w/ an individual why don't you leave a yelp review or contact the manager
>>
>>9188441
It's often not just an individual though. I went a couple years back and the store was totally empty except for me and there were 4 girls. They talked exclusively among themselves and didn't even bother to greet me. If the store was packed with people, I wouldn't mind that they didn't greet me or check in with me, but I was literally the only person there and they didn't even bother stopping their gossip to ask how I'm doing.
>>
>>9171584
In paris there is also a shop called " axes " where you can find some really pretty shoes for sweet lolita , the shop is really pretty and the girls working here are helpful and funny .
>>
>>9176129
A lot of lolita clothing is still made in Japan

>>9176471
>it's far from beinsweatshop conditions
Have you been to their factory's?
>>
>>9188663
>have you ever been to their factories?

no, and neither have anyone working at 98% of American clothing companies. there's a very big supply chain management problem with large western countries, and very few of them /actually/ know where their clothing is made. this isn't some made up conspiracy theory either, this is how companies right now work. they pay someone overseas to make it, it may get made in one or ten different factories most or all of which the original companies don't know about. this is how you get factories collapsing and companies /honestly/ not knowing that their stuff was made there. and yes, this is true of western designers as well
>>
>>9188441
Already said what I wanted; a friendly greeting. You know, the same thing you get at any mall-tier store? The most basic thing someone working at a small retail shop can do to make a customer feel welcome and actually want to spend money instead of going online? This has not happened consistently and it's clear from other peoples replies that this is an issue. It makes customers uncomfortable when they are the only ones there and you ignore them or just stare. And yeah, maybe I should just ask for a manager and ruin someones day. I'm hoping they see it here first and decide to step it up on their own.

Try not to get so defensive over someone else (I assume) not doing their job correctly.
>>
>>9188736
You really think people who work in brand stores are going on CGL? Honey please. If you want to complain do what any other adult does in a bad service environment and talk to a manager or leave a yelp review.
>>
>>9188824
Not the anon you're responding to, but I know that at least 2 of the girls who work/worked at baby sf do indeed read cgl. I've had a cgl specific chat with one of the girls.
>>
>>9184775
didn't Rosaire work for BTSSB?
>>
>>9188824
... You really think they don't? Oh, honey, please ...
>>
>>9189498
Not that anon but I think they meant most of them aren't petty bottom dwellers kek

Presumably the girls who don't do their job well are the only ones who probably come here. Like discriminative OP.
>>
>>9189564
Only 1 or 2 have come here to share staff stories so basically

Unless any of you want to come out and share experiences which is the entire point of this thread
>>
>>9186634
I think, she's the white chick
>>
>>9189578
No the aspie girl is asian. If you mean the white girl with blond hair she seems to be the person in charge.

I remember her from various /cgl/ dramu so she just seems catty. Guess I expect that from some of those girls tho
>>
>>9168842
>>9184938
>>9184984

I will never understand this. Just because people aren't in lolita, are tourists, or just saw some pretty things in the window and wanted to check them out; doesn't mean you should be rude or dismissive.

They came in because they were interested, they should be welcomed and the clerk should help satiate their interests by being friendly, enthusiastic and informative. So many people I meet on the street really love the look so I would honestly be happy to show them around the store. The clerks are in essence also ambassadors to the fucking subculture as well.

Anyone who walks in that door should feel like they are welcome, could start lolita tomorrow, or could tell someone they might know who is interested in the fashion about a positive experience.
>>
>>9168782
>complains about prices
>compares smaller businesses to department store giants
>"someone with family in the garment business and costume industry"
>There were quite a few teens (in addition to myself).

mfw, were you also a teen? Cause you seem pretty fucking clueless.
>>
I'll work at some sort of brand store soon and I'm seriously interested in what kind of stories I'll make there. I already know of weird parents coming to that store and for sure also a ton of weebs
>>
I used to work for an inventory company and I would go to different retail stores. We did an inventory at Victoria's Secret and I found a bag of urine soaked panties in the stock room. One of the employees said that she found the bag in one of the dressing rooms. They couldn't throw them away until after we did the inventory because they still had store tags on them.
>>
>>9170768
Not to be that person who attention whores by proclaiming "omg ggiz, im totes not lik dat, lub me"; but take solace, not all fatties are entitled scumbags trying to convince themselves they aren't ham planets. I will respect the non-full back shirred dresses by not even touching them when I head to Japan later this year.

Honestly my fellow fatties, you should know what fits and what cuts look good on you. You shouldn't even need to try it on. If you have to try it on, it's because you are questioning hard and should probably just put it back on the rack. And FFS do some research, it's not like brands hide measurements once it is released just look it up before heading in. If it's a new release are you are purchasing it on release day then you are obviously there with money to spend so just buy it and if it doesn't fit sell it to one of the dozens of other girls who missed out.

It is not rocket science!!
>>
>>9171584
My mum and my aunt went there last year and agreed. They were very obviously tourists checking out the store so the guy (i think they said it was a guy) greeted them and then left them alone. Once he noticed they were looking for something he came over to help and my family showed him pictures of my shopping list. He went around the store and grabbed the things for them which was really nice!
>>
>>9189915
Most brands have fabric samples and measurements available in store before the release. They're also happy to tell you the measurements on release day and usually have a tape measure on hand to check either the garment or you! On release days it's often busy so they won't allow you to try on at that time.
>>
>>9189925
Thanks anon! That makes it even easier! No excuses land whales!
>>
>>9189621
She seemed really nice online, when i visited the store in ny she was just really quiet
>>
I guess this is a relevant thread to ask in.

Is it cool to go into the Japanese stores wearing a different brand's main piece? I mean, it would be a huge pain in the ass to change outfits on a day out.
>>
>>9190078
They don't care
>>
>>9184775
Not a lolita store, but there was a British girl who used to work at 6% dokidoki (choom-chan i think?)
>>
>>9169610
I know I'm late, but I'm trans myself and that is not a transgirl even, that is a man. HRT does not leave you with bulging biceps like that, and it would have redistributed fat on the face to make it more feminine.

None of that is going on here.
>>
>>9190097
Not a lolita store. I think it's more interesting to hear about what happens in loli stores especially given the nature of lolitas
>>
>>9190078
As long as it isn't a rival brand they shouldn't care at all
>>
>>9171554

Baby Paris is like a shoebox, and their stock selection is seriously lacking. The last time I was in Paris I happened to be staying right down the street from Bastille so I walked over on a lark, and it was a wonderland of all the ugliest bodice cuts and unpopular colorways of every dress in the last year.

I think most of my issue was going in expecting them to have more AatP than they did.
>>
>>9199269
They don't care if it's a rival brand. You're still in there to buy shit.

Years ago, I did walk into Harajuku Hearts with a friends who was wearing a replica Sugary Carnival. That was super embarrassing, in retrospect, but only Lynda was at the counter anyway and no one fucking cares about her opinion.
>>
>>9166340
>>9166419
this walmart-tier mentality is destroying us
>it only costed a dollar why does it matter if i destroys it??
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.