[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twitchcon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 49

File: twitchcon.jpg (81KB, 794x799px) Image search: [Google]
twitchcon.jpg
81KB, 794x799px
Anyone else following the Twitch Creative Cosplay Contest?

I'm looking forward to seeing all the entrants since voting starts Friday.

With the impressive prizes hopefully there will be some equally impressive costumes.
>>
I want to see what people have done so far.
>>
I watched Akuriko stream for this, looking forward to seeing the finished result.
>>
>>9157515
I hard a hard time finding entrants when they weren't streaming.
You can see some people's progress under: twitch ( dot ) tv/directory/game/Creative/cosplaycontest/videos
but I don't know how many of those people actually ended up entering. If you look close you might be able to locate the 1 min Highlight vids they had to upload to submit but they are all jumbled up, as much as I can tell.
>>
>>9157532
okay, I just gave this advice and just tried it and it was terrible.
No good way to sort them, can't tell what's what at all.

Open to better ideas.
>>
>>9157542

Your other option is to wait until voting.
>>
I was scoping out my competition, and there are a decent amount of posts on Instagram and Facebook tagged TwitchCostumeContest. Or just wait till 8am tomorrow.
>>
>>9157885
Which category are you competing in, friend?
>>
File: image.jpg (941KB, 1921x1730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
941KB, 1921x1730px
I put in for needle work but told them they can switch me to FX if nessary.

I kinda qualify for both.
>>
>>9158328
is this yours?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
Some other stuff I think entered, I'm sure there's more out there but this is what people have posted.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>9158333
Yup!

Gonna keep posting the other ones I saw
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
I'm not expecting to win this, but I would like to make it in the top 20.
>>
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1242x2208px
>>
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
I keep forgetting about posting these since I have wait in between posting them. Is OP even still around? Do they care?
>>
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>
>>9158785
I'm OP, I was just at work all day, sorry.

Thanks for populating the thread though!

I was checking out your entry this morning on insta, it looks great! I especially like the little teal swirls near the bottom! You've got a good balance of FX, sewing and maybe armor too, depending on what you made the chest out of.
>>
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>9158869
Thanks!
The chest is dragonskin silicone made from a custom built mold, so not sure if that's FX or Armor.

I'm working on ear appliances and false teeth if I make it in the top 20. (I'm making the ears either way, the teeth I'll just tooth black for Dragoncon)
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1242x2208px
>>
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
One more hour and we'll see all the official entry photos (these are just what people have said they've entered on social media!
>>
>>9158340
Shit like this confuses me. The Twitch rules explicitly state that you need permission to use the brand, etc, and yet half the things I see are very obviously copyrighted brands. Seems like it's going to just penalize the people who played by the rules and made original content.
>>
>>9159278
I think that a) most people didn't read the rules or b) they did read them and think that twitch was just covering their asses and ignored it.

I'm in the later category personally. I emailed twitch and everything asking about clarification on that rule and there reply was all the more confusing. We even had a thread about it, when it was announced, if anyone remembers.

Looks like entries are live now, there are a lot more than I expected.
>>
>>9159293
I'm in the latter category too. They're clearly trying to get out of any legal liability in case someone goes after them for copyright infringement, which as far as I've heard has never happened in any cosplay contest.

Although I'm opposite of you and thought there would be a lot more entries than this.
>>
File: AlpacaAsh_Astrologian.jpg (4MB, 7233x2464px) Image search: [Google]
AlpacaAsh_Astrologian.jpg
4MB, 7233x2464px
i want to like this one but the shitty handpainting just brings the entire piece down. It looks so amateur.
>>
There's nearly a hundred entries, for something where you had to stream for 15 hours to enter, that's honestly pretty damn good.

I know a few people didn't enter because of not being finished, though it looks like quite a few entered very unfinished.
>>
>>9159300
I don't see anything wrong with the hand painting.
>>
>>9159490
What programs do you guys use to stream with anyways?
>>
>>9159504
>>9159300
Same here, I think the handpainting looks pretty good.
>>
>>9159300
Never realized how much I wanted to play FFXIV until now
>>
File: alpaca paint.png (4MB, 2196x880px) Image search: [Google]
alpaca paint.png
4MB, 2196x880px
>>9159504
>>9159524
Did you guys look at the fullsized image?
Up close it looks terrible.
>>
>>9159839
You do it then.
>>
>>9159961
This form of white knighting NEVER gets old.
>>
>>9159971
Calling any sort of response to bullshit comments about cosplay "white knighting" NEVER gets old.
>>
>>9159961
I have?

Fabric painting isn't a complex skill. Fucking homestucks do it.

>>9159971
this.
It's always funny here on /cgl/ since changes are someone here literally has done it already.
>>
>>9159979
Oh I'm sorry. You can go back to your Ad Hominem fallacy for of debate. I'll just sit here and watch you cry over someone critiquing your friends bad paint job and eat my popcorn.
>>
>>9159839
I saw her progress on Facebook. This isn't painted, it's dyed. But of course the experts on /cgl knew this by just looking at it. Oh wait. Keep being armchair crafters, /cgl
>>
>>9160000
Hahahaha I haven't been on /cgl in months and the idea that people still come to 4chan thinking they are going to be nice and that all of them are armchair crafters is so laughable. Go back to your facebook feed if you can't take some criticism. Your echo chamber awaits.
>>
Its a cool technique, but I'm not sure it was needed for this project. Its makes it seem... 'streaky.' Painting it could have made it look more precise. I'd love to hear her reasoning behind why she choose to do it this way.
>>
>>9160000
Looks bad either way. At least if it was painted it could get another coat to make it less streaky
>>
>>9159961
Take a chill pill. I think she absolutely deserves to go to the final based on all the other needlework contestants, but you're just waving your ass around here.. The paint/dye job DOES look pretty streaky and amateur up close, as nice as the rest of the costume looks.
>>
>>9159520
Not that anon, but Open Broadcaster Software is free and you can pretty much do everything with it.
>>
>>9160023
Thank you!
>>
>>9160000
Dyed or painted makes no difference, it looks terrible. Instead of getting pissy and defensive, why don't you actually pick up a book and learn a better technique? That dress wouldn't get through a freshman stage design class, and you're having a conniption fit because clearly it being ~dyed~ as opposed to painted makes it so much better? You can use whatever technique you want so long as you make it look good, and you failed.

Dye or paint makes no difference, your laziness and sloppiness failed you. You have no one to blame but yourself, and you getting defensive just makes you all the bigger twat.

And in the unlikely chance you're a sycophant and not the cosplayer, well done, because anyone who sees how crazy defensive you got will immediately think that it was the cosplayer who is so insecure, so unprofessional, that they would go onto an anynomous board posing as one of their own fans to throw a hissy.
>>
>>9159300
she was part of Team USA for WCS last year and honestly her Yukari felt pretty lackluster as well. Her work is good, but it always just seems to feel "meh" and not something that would stand out in a crowd
>>
>>9160000
But why dye?
Can you blame /cgl/ for not concluded that dye was involved since that is a terrible technique?
Her ugly results demonstration that clearly.

There was no reason to dye that other than trying to do off the wall construction methods to brag about to the judges.
The result it terrible.
>>
Do u have to be an art streamer to enter?
>>
>>9160156
Entries are closed, and you have to have streamed at least 15 hours of progress on the costume
>>
Wow. Just saw three sponsored entries on Facebook. lol
>>
>>9160183
You mean like the entrants sponsored the posts via facebook advertising to try and get votes or that some contestants where sponsored by a 3rd party?

As I type this I assume the first one but I might as well clarify anyway.
>>
>>9160183
Why would people pay for that? Only 4 out of the 20 finalists are being selected by popular vote. It's more likely to get in by being selected by the panel of judges than by the popularity contest.
>>
>>9160192
1st one.
>>
>>9160202
Exactly. Why bother?
Maybe they aren't confident enough in their work and think that the popular vote is their only change to get in?
>>
>>9159839
Looks fine to me. You ever think its meant to not be perfectly sharp on the edges and maybe she wants the blue to pike out? The swirls look amazing and crisp and this image >>9159839 honestly looks like wip vs the finished product which doesn't look like that. You sound like you have a vendetta. Scared to lose, anon?
>>
>>9160013
Looks more whimsical to me to have it streaky. I like the blue peaking it. Feels more mage-like not having it super precise and fully solid. It fits the character and if anyone bothered to look up the character, it isn't completely solid looking either. There is more depth in the designs on the dress than just one solid line.
>>
I personally think it looks good, and I highly doubt any of the judges are reading this thread.

Even if I make it to the top 20, I doubt I'll place money wise, there is just too much good stuff in this contest, so I'd like to see other ones I like place as well. Besides I want to meet/befriend some of these peeps!
>>
>>9158911
I'll wait till the contest is over to blast this for the plagiarist bullshit that it is. make it even more sweet when i post the side by side comparison with the actual design. this was stolen from.
>>
>>9160347
Plagiarized from what? The thousands of other crop top armor Pokemon gijinka?
>>
>>9159300
I'd shit myself if that paint glows in the dark.
>>
>>9160253

Dude, just stop. You are seriously embarrassing yourself. I am honestly getting embarrassed for you in this thread. You don't look like a 12 year old, so you should know better than this.
>>
>>9160259
It looks like messy painting; no amount of excuses is going to change that
>>
>>9160253
>>9160259

"if anyone bothered to look up the character"
"You sound like you have a vendetta. Scared to lose, anon?"

Sure is getting defensive and same person-y up in here.
>>
>>9160461
No you just really sound like you have a vendetta, throwing this much of a shitfit over some fabric paint lol
>>
>>9160466
Nah. No shitfit here. I was only pointing out that I think it looks bad. If someone can't take simple critique why the fuck are they on 4chan.
>>
Wow it's like no one in this thread has ever seen fabric dye used like this...
>>
>>9160593
And if we had we wouldn't recognize that as the same technique that the cosplayer used. That looks good whereas her's looks like crap.
>>
>>9160593
Are you a moron? Nobody is blasting the technique; everyone is saying she did a POOR JOB executing the technique.
>>
>>9160808
Then why is everyone calling it paint? I'm pretty sure no one in this thread understands how fabric dye works.
>>
File: image.jpg (236KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236KB, 810x810px
Guys, can we drop talking about that dress? Any other entries you feel like talking about? How about that doom armor crusader? She's so bad ass, I hope she gets through.
>>
>>9160812
because it looks like a shitty paint job, please stop trying to defend your poor decision to dye fabric and end up with a shittier result than if you had just painted it.
>>
>>9160835
>Because it looks like a shitty paint job

Thanks for proving my point! Anyone with experience wouldn't say something that dumb.
>>
So I went through and counted up how many costumes I really thought stood out, and where well done/impressive. I came up with 34. X_X I honestly think it will be a toss up who makes it into the finals.

Just curious what costume is your favorite and why?
>>
>>9160846
You need to keep in mind that they have categories: FX, Larger than Life, Armor and Needlework.
As I understand it, they'll be taking 4 from each category with the remaining ones being pulled from the voting (highest ranking in each category).
I pity the Armor people since there is so much more of it they'll have tougher competition.
>>
>>9160352
This. It looks like any other set of Worbla armour made from Kamui's patterns. They all have identical breastplates, etc.
>>
>>9160812
>>9160841
We understand that she used dye.
It just looks so bad that it looks like a shitty paint job so it can't be helped that people assume as much.
Honestly it doesn't matter if she dyed or painted it, what matters is the ugly result.
It looks bad.
Stop crying vendetta over some lackluster Literally Who.

And if this is you then take our criticism and improve it or go back to wherever you came from where you get showered in praise just for making a ball gown.
>>
>>9160347
Why wait?
>>
File: 810_57baa4c430470-frontandback.jpg (219KB, 810x724px) Image search: [Google]
810_57baa4c430470-frontandback.jpg
219KB, 810x724px
I'm going through the entrants and picked out the ones I think are impressive by category, starting with Needlework (and skipping what has already been posted in the thread).

Some of these photos aren't very big though so it's hard to really tell very much.
>>
File: 810_57b26ba009517-Twitch.jpg (155KB, 810x346px) Image search: [Google]
810_57b26ba009517-Twitch.jpg
155KB, 810x346px
>>9160986
>>
>>9160991
>>
>>9160999
>>
>>9161003
>>
>>9161009
>>
>>9161016
>>
File: 810_57bae4e120dd1-Retrocontest1.jpg (314KB, 810x976px) Image search: [Google]
810_57bae4e120dd1-Retrocontest1.jpg
314KB, 810x976px
>>9161021
I think this is my favorite
>>
>>9161030
these next few look simple but well done
>>
>>9161033
>>
>>9161016
This one looks nice, but the seams on the side are so bad. In one photo they are puckered and in both the side seam doesn't look lined up. Is that a character accuracy thing?
>>
>>9161039
>>
>>9161044
These last two look promising by weren't done.

If this was weathered be would be nice.
>>
>>9161043
I noticed that too. I initially didn't grab it but ended up saving it on my second pass.
I don't know enough about that character to tell you about the seams but I'd assume that it isn't supposed to look like that.

I wonder why she didn't fix it.
>>
I'm assuming this wasn't posted because its already in the thread, but I wanted to post it again for needlework because its so cute!
>>
File: 810_57bb0f10f1238-IMG_8212.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
810_57bb0f10f1238-IMG_8212.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>9161051
I watched a lot of this girl's progress and I look forward to seeing the costume finished but she didn't have much 100% done to show off on the deadline.
>>
>>9161063

>Original Concept: Power Ranger suit designed like house Targaryen from Game of Thrones (Mash-up)

This one is my favorite as a what-the-fuck oddball mash up.

Why did this happen?
What gets these thoughts into people's heads?
>>
>>9161060
This is a selfpost, right? That's a poorly fit mess and that wig is a tragedy. It looks like it was made with off the rack patterns.
Skill with needlework =/= >cute
>>
>>9159839
It's a beautiful costume, I do agree that the painting (or dyeing? Whatever anon said it was) looks a little unfinished. It looks like she needs more coats on there, but as someone else pointed out that might actually be the look she was going for so that it isn't so sharp and harsh looking. I did not know dye could even be used in this manner. I don't quite understand what is happening in the photos either, if anyone has a tutorial on this I'd love to save the image.

>>9161044
Eh, finished or not...this one missed the mark by quite a bit in my bitchy/nitpicky opinion.
>>
>>9161063
that is terrible fabric choice right there
>>
>>9160259
>whimsical to have it streaky
>feels more mage like
What kind of mage would have an ugly, splotchy, and streaky design on their dress? It's obvious that the splotches aren't intentional.
>>
>>9161086
Her description said it was her first time making a corset and it looks so clean.Clearly good skills for her level of crafting.
>>
>>9161103
Really? I think the photo lighting is shit but she used matte satin and silk shantung, both of which are high quality fabrics as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>9161115
No one cares if it's her first time making a corset or if it's "good for her level". The corset doesn't corset anything in and makes her look like a tube, the wig is terrible and unstyled straight out of the bag, the draping on the bustles looks terrible, the collar doesn't stand, and the design as a whole is just unappealing.
>>
>>9161119
If you look at the bust, the pink fabric is too stiff to drape softly as it does in the reference photo. It looks crinkly, and adding the belt in will just make it look bunched up.
>>
File: image.jpg (706KB, 1526x1907px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
706KB, 1526x1907px
I'm honestly curious if you guys think my Undyne has a chance.

I don't mind critique. (It's pretty unfinished as well, but I tried to get it decent enough looking for the photos)
>>
>>9161120
She used the wrong corset pattern, should have used Yaya's cupped pattern.
>>
>>9161120
I get what you are saying. The wig does look like its taken out of the bag. But overall I think she did good for what she says "was a costume of many firsts" which is why I reposted her.

Doesn't mean I think she should win the contest, just means I like the effort she put into it for her skill level.

So you can not give two fucks and hate it all you want.
>>
>>9161129
I love yours.

Is the painting done on the armor? It kinda looks flat. Like you only used two colors.
>>
>>9161129
It looks nice. I think the purple lace looks a bit odd and cheap and the silver parts on the fish scales and the top could be made to look a bit cleaner and more blended
>>
>>9161124
I think it doesn't drape because it looks like she didn't press it, which means she probably didn't press the lining either. Without pressing both, the fabric might appear to stiff. I'd like to see what it looks like when its done to know for sure if the drape is bad.
>>
>>9161129
The bottom half of it, mainly the sewing, looks decent, but the top half with the armor looks messy and a bit amateur (especially the paint job, which highlights some of the messier gluing/attatchments and is very uneven).
>>
>>9161137
The painting wasn't anything close to done, I actually just finished "fancy painting" it (where you add shadows and highlights as I'm wearing it to Dragoncon. The grey lace looks better now that I've added the blue detail that goes above it. It's not the best lace but I was rushed for time. I plan on repainting the bodice after I alter the fit, but I don't think I'll have time before Dragoncon. I have a Zipper in there now but I want to take it out and make it lace up the back.
>>
>>9161150
The top is a solid piece of silicone, and holy shit is silicone hard to paint. The mold pull also wasn't perfect but I've been working on cleaning it up.

I have a huge list of things to fix before Dragon and another to fix before Twitchcon (if I go).

Though we aren't judged on what we can do, but what we presented for judging so :/. I guess I can only hope it's enough.
>>
>>9161129
I like the initial impression I get from your outfit quite a bit but when I start looking closely there are a lot of elements that don't mesh well.

The purple lace at the knee in particular looks out of place. I'm not sure what would look better there but the lack of transition above or below it makes it stand out to me in an off putting way. Could be the color, it might be the fabric type, not sure.

Pretty much all the armor (collar aside) could do with a cleaner paint job and better gradient. The chest scales in particular need love and the spikes on the bracers don't look uniform. Aesthetically, I think those might even look better as gradually increasing in size instead, with the smallest at the wrist and the largest at the current size you have them at the elbow.

The teal fabric at the hips is pretty but needs some help. More petals in that area to look less feeble possibly. The petals (scales?) themselves look like they might have a bit of a wavy design on the edges but that needs to either be increased so that it looks deliberate or taken out all together because right now I think it looks like it could be an accident since it is so slight. I think adding more layers and having them wrap around the back and increase in length so that there is a slight taper would be very pretty and flow well with the silhouette.
Now that I think about it, if you did that and then mimicked the same taper on the knee bit (with different fabric) that could look very nice and would draw the design into a more overall cohesive look.

Did you paint the wavy strips on the mermaid skirt? There looks like there is something ever so slightly off/odd about them? Maybe clean up the edges?
Last thing, I think would look less jarring if you used some of the teal hip petal fabric at the bottom of the skirt where the teal meets the black, making it blend almost like a gradient. Make some pieces like the black organza ones you've got down there already, just shorter.

1/2
>>
>>9161174
2/2

Are the edges touching the floor finished in someway? It not, that fabric is going to fray so I'd suggest looking into burning the edges or sealing them with something before too much wear ruins it.

Overall I like your costume, I hope I don't sound too knit picky and that my critique helps you improve.
I really like the colors and use of various materials; it's a highly ambitious project that just needs a little more to bring it all together!
Good luck!
>>
>>9161167
What method of painting did you use? It looks like you painted with a brush, and if so I would suggest airbrushing.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 607x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 607x820px
>>9161177
I didn't design it though, it's based on this, so design crtique isn't really a thing I'm looking for, though how to get it closer to the reference is.

I may try and see about doing something else for the grey lace bit, but now with added beading and the design above it being added I think it flows better.

The waves on the skirt are heat and bonded and then edge embroidered sooo not doing anything more there.
>>
>>9161196
This is the list of shit I already know I need to do.

I want to repaint the armor (I've got base coats down I'm happy with but I need to add shading/highlights as I ran out of time) Make the silicone bodice fit my figure better (it squashes out all hint of boobs, I can alter it but it's a long process of waiting on cure times)
Bead & rhinestone the skirt (I've started on this, about half done) make arm socks so I don't have to paint them, Finish detailing the headband, add the blue detail above the grey lace, fix the issues with the collar, make her fin ears (Another big project) make her spear, add more hair to the back of the Wig, and possibly work out the flow of the skirt better as the ruffles don't stand up enough. (I'm adding boning to the hem)
>>
>>9161196>>9161200

Your colors are much less cohesive than the design; the skirt in the design is black/grey looking with light blue while you chose different hues of blue and bright bright teal. Was this intentional? Your collar also looks nothing like the design; it just looks striped.
>>
>>9161196
>>9161200
You should have said it was based on something, I wouldn't have wasted my time type all that design-based critique.

As it stands, I think you've taken excessive liberties here and your costume has diverged so far from this that the core elements don't even carry over anymore: the original design flows fairly well and has a limited palette but yours is all over the place. I can't see your costume being even semi-accurate unless you remake at least 2/3 of it out of different, complementary fabrics (as well as remaking all of the armor, though maybe the breastplate can stay with new paint).
If you want to keep what you've crafted so far then I suggest branching further from your reference and just doing your own thing to make this look passable as a stand alone design.
As an original design it can be improved but what you have will not be close to the reference you've provided without intense remaking.
>>
How long does voting last and when will we know the finalists?
>>
>>9161393
That OP image too hard for you to read, mate?
>>
>>9161196
The minimal color in the original looks awesome. I think should have gone more with those colors.

Also, I like that bottom being more full in the original. It makes me want your bottom to be bigger like that. Maybe horse hair?

Also, The idea for the top is great, however if you don't have the right paints, you're right, silicone painting is hard. I probably would have gone with another technique if I was competing so that it looked good. Trying out new techniques for a competition piece can be risky. But it sounds like you just wanted to make this and then decided "Why not just join the contest?"
>>
>>9161417
I just realized the sun on your dress in the bottom really plays with the colors. Do you have a better picture to compare the colors use with?
>>
File: image.jpg (783KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
783KB, 2576x1932px
>>9161421
Ok yeah I've been baffled by these too many colors comments, I used black and gray for the base skirt (and the gray looks darker out of the sunlight) and 2 shades of blue on the trim (those aren't exact cause I had to order them online and the material I used comes in a very limited number of shades) its metallic, is that why everyone thinks there's "so many colors" ? Like the blue you see in my top is just light reflecting off of it cause it's super shiny.
>>
>>9161421
Also my spool of 50 yards of ridgline boning for the hem just came in yesterday, I plan on adding that.

I mean I have good handle on what I want to fix on this and how I want it to look. I just wanted to know, as is, how it stacked up to the competition.
>>
>>9161428
I'm not one of the previous commentors but I think the big part is your thighs look painted instead of it looking like a continuous dress in this lighting.

Take the pic some place where the lighting is even and the look will even out. I think people aren't realizing with this shot that the sun is on your legs and your top is shaded.
>>
>>9161428
Its hard to say. It looks good enough to be in the top 5 comparatively. Depends on what some of these things look like close up. Its hard to tell with the one picture. I'm sure the judges will look at the broadcasts too to see what techniques were used as well.

So its hard to say. But visually I think your's sticks out. Its hard for anything not Blizzard to stick out really since half the entries are WoW or Overwatch...
>>
>>9158328
These are also pics of my Undyne, I thought people realized that but maybe not?

>>9161481
And thanks! *crosses fingers*

I do appreciate all the feedback and I know it still needs a lot of work before I'm completely happy with it.
>>
>>9160841
You are clearly very confused as to what a good dye job looks like. For instance, look at the example you posted. See how there isn't opaque/discolored patches in the center of the dye area? Now look at the close up of your fabric. See how the center of the star looks so splotchy it begins to look like a shitty fabric paint job?

Stop showing your ass, and stop self-posting on 4chan until you learn how to take criticism.
>>
>>9161129
If you don't mind diverging from the original design, I would suggest putting all of the wig up in a bun or cutting it so it doesn't hang through the collar. There's no way in hell you can get the fullness of the fanart. Right now the red hanging limply in the back is really jarring in >>9158328
>>
>>9161728
I'm gonna try and add more hair, I've got 3 long arda clips coming to try and sew into it.
>>
>>9162511
The bottom part of the outfit just looks so detailed, but the top part seems to not match the style and feels more harsh vs the elegant look [minus the purple lace by your knees which should really go.]
>>
>>9161659
I dont think this belongs to anyone on 4chan. liking someone doesn't mean it is them. I also don't think the paint/dye job is bad. Especially from afar. Upclose, sure its streaky, but I think its intentional and whether people dislike it or not, this is mostly an online contest. The person just have to take full, not super up close, photos. Even if they did, since this is the result all over, they can claim it being intentional. It is also on the hat, so it seems to be on purpose.

Im surprised you are all pissed about the dye job and not at the white ruffle lace thing on the edges of the dress that overlap each other. Those are really, really, really bad. The dye job doesn't even compare.
>>
>>9161129
I hope you can actually do a good body paint job because this is photoshopped isn't it?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>9163119
No, I was actually blue, have a terrible post photoshoot selfie (and I did this running on no sleep for 48 hours, so I know it's not as good as it can be)
>>
>>9163116
It's more that the cosplay/their friend spent half a thread pitching a shitfit when people pointed out the flaw, less so how bad it actually is.
>>
I feel so dumb. I was thinking they would announce the winners of the voting today and then the other 16 finalists on 9/9.
No idea why I was thinking this.
>>
>>9159839
the dots look great, but the swirls need to be painted over with silver, especially to get the crisp points at the edge of the swirls and star.
>>
>>9161086
I hope she holds a cigar between her pinky and ring finger, wtf
>>
>>9161051
this girl is excellent at makeup and weathering, I'm sure she will dirty the fuck out of it.
>>
>>9160986
where ARE the entrants? I google and can't find a single compiled list of all the entrants or pictures like these, unless you are going through their twitch videos and finding links to their social media?

Why isn't twitch covering this event better?
>>
>>9164002
They where up during the voting, now they're down while the judges deliberate
>>
>>9163692
Ah. I don't find the paint job as bad as the white detailing on the edges though. Those looks horrible and look like paper cutouts compared to everything else that is actually detailed. I don't know what happened to those edge things, but holy shit. I would remove them.
>>
>>9161016
>>9161043
>>9161058
Symmetra's name is one letter off symmetry, and that's always been her association in my mind, so I'm peeved that the cosplayer didn't pay more attention to her craftsmanship and making things line up.

I'm also lowkey suspicious that both of her photos show her at the same angle in nearly identical poses - while nearly all of the other entries have detail shots or at least pictures of different angles. Yes, the prosthetic is on her left side, but you would be able to see it in a full-front shot as well. The "hold your body in this one pose and only in this one angle" strategy is something I used to do in poor-fitting cosplays to hide bad tailoring or a mistake I'd made.
>>
>>9164016
They couldn't have left up the links for clicks? so weird.
>>
>>9164016
>>9164539
>>9164002
I wish I'd gone through and saved them. I didn't even think about the possibility that they wouldn't be up after the voting.
>>
>>9164602
If you check the Google Cache of the contest link, you can still see the contestants.
>>
I saved a couple cool ones before. Will post when I get home tonight.
>>
I'm entered in the contest. Has anyone been contacted by Twitch yet about whether they're a finalist? The email I got notifiying me that my entry was accepted seemed to suggest that we would know before it's officially announced on the 9th, but I haven't heard anything yet. This waiting game is killing me. And I don't want to know who you are, just if you've heard anything. I don't want to get anyone kicked out.
>>
>>9167752
I haven't heard anything either. I am guessing they are still deliberating? I knew a few people on the list that are a shoe-in and they haven't heard anything either.

Their staff is very small. So that's why I think it could still just be them taking there time to review materials, VODs, ect.
>>
>>9168247
Ahh I see. Hope is still alive in me then. Thanks for replying and lessening my anxiety.
>>
>>91685941
emails have been sent now, hope you got one!

If not, I guess its better to know now?
>>
>>9170159
Aw, they did?

Guess I didn't make it in.

Did anyone ITT get it to the Finals?
>>
>>9170159
I was told by Mos that they weren't sending anything out until after they got back from PAX. So seeing as you posted this on Saturday I am going to call bullshit.
>>
>>9176521
I hope you're right. Personally though, I still haven't received anything and we're a little over 24 hours out from the announcement, so unless they're running behind I am assuming I did not get in. Oh well.
>>
>>9177291
Different anon, same sentiment.

I haven't got anything either so I gave up hoping.
Oh well, hope the Finalists are noteworthy enough for me to continue to care about the contest!
>>
>>9177291
>>9177839
They are an INCREDIBLY unorganized bunch. But at this point I'm guessing they have sent out e-mails. Probably Monday or Tuesday. That's when most staff we back home.
>>
Weren't the Finalists supposed to be announced an hour ago?
>>
>>9178822
they were posted on twitter https://twitter.com/TwitchCreates/status/774349297085132800

Most people just remade parts of their costumes for the contest
>>
File: Cr8HKdYUkAEomGz.jpg (109KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cr8HKdYUkAEomGz.jpg
109KB, 800x800px
>>
File: Cr8HPceUAAAR-xu.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cr8HPceUAAAR-xu.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
>>
Congrats to Athena in this thread for getting in! YAY!

How the hell did that Shiva get in. Her pictures made it look like a MESS. Does anyone have the original picture?
>>
File: Cr8HO0LVYAARY-q.jpg (88KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cr8HO0LVYAARY-q.jpg
88KB, 800x800px
>>
File: Cr8HOD9VMAAs-Qf.jpg (103KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cr8HOD9VMAAs-Qf.jpg
103KB, 800x800px
>>
>>9178831
Yeah I wish I would have entered an older costume that I updated instead of starting a new costume on my stream and entering something I wasn't all that happy with. Hindsight is a bitch.
>>
>>9178868
>>9178831
Not all costumes were that way, but a majority were. :(
>>
>>9178870
VertVixen made hers for Sideshow Collectibles booth at SDCC, Oshley remade parts of Mercy, Lunacrow already had hers made - and it's so bad I don't know how she even got there, it's sloppy. Who else had theirs already made?
>>
>>9178876
the Vert Vixen thing being a sponsored cosplay is also kinda :/
>>
>>9178881
I pick her to win honestly
>>
Congrats Athena!! My favorite of the bunch.
>>
>>9158340
How did this not make it in? I wanted to meet her! How can we be new best friends if she's not at the con?
>>
File: image.jpg (356KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356KB, 2048x1365px
>>9178863
>>9179060
Thank you guys!

I'm excited to be able to hang out with everyone on the best coast!
>>
>>9179134
Hell yea! Can't wait to see your costume in person. Especially with all the little things you wanted to add and update on it.
>>
Wow, these results are disappointing.

I think it's safe to assume the twitch staff chose the finalist and not qualified cosplay judges.
>>
>>9179336
People vote on their favorites.
>>
>>9178864
I remember the girl with the green hair already winning a cosplay contest with that? Is she allowed to be in Twitch's too?
>>
>>9179368
The voting only got one person into each category.
The other 4 were chosen by twitch to be finalist.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (98KB, 698x400px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
98KB, 698x400px
A friend of mine was contacted by twitch since they had a large following and was told to submit a completed costume as long as they showed 15 hours of sprucing it up on twitch. Totally unfair to submit a COMPLETE costume!
>>
>>9179433
I can't fault anyone that follows the rules.
Twitch said that you had to stream 15hr of costume work and it was specifically mentioned that it could already have been started/worked on off stream in the rules. No where did it say it had to be a new costume.

Saying that twitch reached out to get someone to participate is shady though.
>>
>>9179450
A costume completed a FULL YEAR ahead of time, though?
http://imgur.com/a/q8scb
>>
>>9179433
I'd be curious as to how many twitch followers all of the winners have, if that influenced the judges' picks.
>>
>>9179459
OK, woah, that's something.
>>
>>9179459
>completed
I follow Oshley and she completely redid her Mercy breastplate, wig, and wings on stream. You're posting old content.
>>
>>9179336
Yeah, you can tell they chose the most "visually impressive" or from well known series, not the best construction.
>>
Yeah but Oshley was afforded the opportunity to redo stuff. Anyone could spend 15 hours redoing or fixing up a complete costume. The issue is they asked people to compete and told them to find 15 hrs to stream. They didn't let everyone know that. Some of the 20 are legit, and they deserve a level playing field.
>>
Okay so excuse the rant, but it's on topic so...

I know a girl that bites off more than she can chew with cosplay. She's only been cosplaying for a year and a half and already thinks she has the skill to tackle huge armor cosplays and very detailed stuff. Problem is, her construction is absolute garbage but she legitimately thinks she's good. She sucks up to all the big cosplayers and even sells prints. Well, in relation to this thread... she entered the contest with her latest armor build. All I've seen on facebook is her whining about how she wasn't picked top 20 and she "soooooo deserved it" and blah blah blah. I just can't understand how someone is so delusional. From afar her cosplays look decent but up close they are absolute monstrosities. Of course everyone's sucking up to her now saying things like "Omg what, you totally deserved top 20" "I am so surprised you didn't get in!!" I'd post a picture of the cosplay but I don't want to seem like I'm witch-hunting. I'm just getting so annoyed with how much whining I see from people that didn't get in.
>>
>>9179630
I'm one of the top 20 and I'm a bit pissed about this. If I had known fixing up only stuff was ok, I'd have just pulled out something I made 2-3 years ago (I don't often have the time to make a crazy costume) and cleaned it up. "Already started" isn't the same as "already finished" X_X I would have loved to not sink 300+ hours and over a grand into a brand new costume for this. I mean I guess I love what I made, and I'm super happy with it and everyone's reception of it... But still man. Ouch.
>>
>>9180148
I mean it was my choice to make it, and spend the money, since there's $15k -$3k on the line it seemed like a risk but one I could try?
It just sucks to be going up against people who had over a year to make stuff + sponsored cosplays when I thought the playing ground was more even.
>>
>>9180118
Is it FriscoBlondie? I saw her boohoo post on facebook and had a good laugh.

I can see being bummed about not making it to the finals (I am too, since I entered myself) but she was making a spectacle and asking for people to send her cute animal pics because she was so, so sad.

I don't know much about her but I want to know what >>9160347 is about.
>>
Anyone else follow Intraventus? She's boohooing in multiposts all over Facebook and people are asspatting her instead of telling her to suck it up. Just because you made something doesn't meant you deserve to win. It's generic Warcraft worbla armor like everything everyone else does.
>>
File: image.jpg (265KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265KB, 1080x1349px
>>9180173
Nah it wasn't her. Pic related is the cosplay I'm talking about. I have no vendetta against this girl but I just can't even fathom how she thought this was on par with those that got chosen.
>>
>>9181176
Oh eeesh, yeah the other 2 at least had costumes I think potentially could have placed.
>>
>>9179566 >>9179630 >>9179459

Rant incoming:

I follow Oshley too and the only thing she did on stream is remake her breastplate and add little clear plastic things to her already complete wings.

Even her "wig" that you have said she redid for the stream was actually done two months before the contest was announced (pic related)

This whole contest is absolute bullshit. Someone like her should not be able to compete period. She has had this cosplay done for a year and has already competed at last years blizzcon and placed. I pity all the cosplayers who tried to make a cosplay in two months that have to compete against people who have had their cosplays completed for months or even years. "Fixing up" an old cosplay is such a cheap way to enter, it just makes these people look desperate for attention and free trips to California.

There is just NO WAY Oshley could ever have made a cosplay like that in the two months following the twitch announcement. Hell she hasn't even made a new cosplay in 6 months, she just literally has been doing nothing but milking Mercy for the last year. Twitch has absolutley dropped the ball on this contest, knowing they would contact people and ask them to compete is just such poor sportmanship...a lot of respect lost for you twitch. /endrant
>>
>>9181649
All this could've been solved simply by telling all of the contestants that they could enter anything as long as they work on it on stream. The problem was that they only disclosed that information to those that asked about it or were invited to participate.
>>
>>9181649
>>9181662
The only rule was that they needed to stream 15 hours of it being created. They never said it needed to be a new costume from scratch.
>>
>>9181649
It just makes me kinda glad I didn't waste my time entering because I was planing on creating a new armor set from scratch but didn't really have the time/funds. The loopholes in the rules + Twitch contacting people is just so damn shady.
>>
>>9181662
>>9181663

I get it "the rules! the rules!", the technical loopholes that allowed people to submit completed cosplays because they had been "fixed up" on stream.

But seriously anons...look into your heart. Do you truly believe someone should win 15,000 dollars for a costume that they have made and finished AND competed in and won awards in over a year ago??? Since when have costume contests been about "lets dig through our closets and find a 3 year old cosplay and spruce it up"?

I mean if all contests had the same "rules" as twitch then you would NEVER see a new costume enter a contest ever. Why make a new one when you could just improve one that has already been 3 years in the making?
>>
>>9181649
right?! I am so bored of this costume already, how much longer she is going to wear it for every fuckin con. It shows she is a cosplayer of one outfit...
>>
>>9181684
...But nearly every contest lets you enter old costumes. There is no "it can't be made before this date" rule. I see a ton of cosplayers that bring one costume to multiple contests, and even to the same con multiple years in a row. It's not uncommon.
>>
>>9181691
That may be true for smaller contests but it certainly isn't true for some bigger ones. The Blizzcon cosplay contest for example has a rule that you CANNOT compete in a cosplay that you have already competed in at blizzcon before. You could never at Blizzcon compete in the same cosplay 2 years in a row. And many other cosplay contests have rules against competing in a cosplay that has already been decorated or won best in show.

But this is all besides the point. The point is that spending 15 hrs rebrushing a wig on an already completed cosplay is cheap...no two ways about it.

I have respect for those that really took this as a challenge and tried to show some skills by making something in two months and spending way more then 15 hours on stream. Bravo guys.
>>
>>9181705
Oh yeah I still agree, I was just being an ass and playing devil's advocate. At least it seems that a lot of the finalists are still working on their costumes or did it strictly for the contest, give or take a few bad apples.
>>
>>9180148
I'm not in the top 20 and I stream 3 days weekly on Twitch. Have for the past year in creative (people might be able to figure out who I am from this post :P)

I wish I would have known it was okay to take an old costume and spend 15 hours on it to fix it up and compete in it. I wouldn't have spent so much time streaming the entire build of my costume on Twitch haha. Especially since I also have a 40 (sometimes 50) hours a week job.

But oh well. I guess I'll know better for next year? I made sure to politely let them know they need to be more specific about these sorts of details in the future when I filled out my Contest Response form.
>>
>>9183242
**Also like to add

I feel like as someone who streams on Twitch already, it would have been a disservice to the people who come to my channel had I just taken a costume out of the closet I made before and updated it. I feel like the point of streaming on Creative is to show the process of the costume, not only 15 hours and be done with it. I feel like that would be cheating, honestly. Apparently, now that I know they asked people, that's exactly what they really wanted.

So perhaps this contest wasn't really meant for a streamer like me to begin with?
>>
>>9180173
>>9181176
met the Project Leona at PAX this year. her armor is no good. it was falling apart at the con and her handler had to carry it for her,
>>
So who all had their costumes pretty much done before the anouncement? Is it just the Mercy and the sideshow collectibles girl?
>>
It seem like Dani California had her's done since pax east
>>
>>9181705
You also can't compete in a costume you've won a previous award for (example - Lightning and her fiance getting away with placing at Blizzcon with their Gamescom winning costumes, despite it being in the rules)
>>
Yaya announced she is a judge for the finals.
>>
>>9191358
Pretty sure it's always been her, Holly Conrad and Giant Waffle set to Judge the final round, it was in the initial announcement.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.