[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wicked & Whimsy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 46

File: image.jpg (27KB, 784x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 784x295px
I know some of you gulls must be going to this.

Which guests are you most excited for?
What are you wearing?
Do you think there will be any drama?

I predict 80% of attendees will be wearing "wicked" themed stuff.
>>
I'm going on both days, pretty excited to meet haenuli because I've always enjoyed their designs and both designers seem like really nice people. From the poll posted it seems like most people will be on the whimsy side of things, I know I will.
>>
I'm not turning down an excuse to wear witchy stuff! I must say the organisation for models is much better than it was at Regalia; I think that's partially because there's another organiser this year. I'm certainly very excited about what I'm modelling and the designers who'll be there. Maybe my memory fails me, but it seems like there'll be fewer Chinese vendors than last year? Honestly for shopping I think I'll mostly be in the bring and buy because none of the vendors are really "must-haves" for me.
Hopefully now that the work on the building is done and we can use the front door it will be easier to get everyone through tickets. I really didn't like climbing up those stairs and the little corridor using the side entrance.
Is there ever really much drama surrounding TPC events? I'd think most people are pretty low-key and not interested in making a fuss.
>>
>>9156994
Well, some people like to complain about some of the organizers being bitchy now and then, but honestly I don't think there is anything major
>>
Not going because main guests aren't my style, and it was the same venue as last time. I know it's very normal for events but in the past they change locations every time, so I was disappointed. The interior was great but all photos came out awful because of the bad lighting.

Most of the vendors they posted are lame handmade 'brands' you could tell quality isn't good from the pics. I hope Gothic and VM-esque becomes trendy again and we'll have the likes of Atelier Pierrot returning.
>>
I'm always excited for the outfit shots since I can't be there in person. Its a shame it always seems to be hot for TPC anniversary events so people have to tone down their coords. Fucking global warming.
>>
>>9157052
The girls who run the thing are indeed bad bitches!
>>
The UK has no efamous girls so the drama is always really boring :/ there's never anybody exciting or recognisable there
>>
>>9158302
"boring drama" basically means there isn't any drama, right? Or are you talking like "so and so got the last dress off the rack and I am sad" kind of drama?
>>
Only drama I can see happening is that that late-trans sissy is going.
>>
>>9158356
Caroline? Yeah she's going
>>
>>9158374
I meant the one from the US with the man face that always wears Haenuli sets. They even wrote a ebook on how to host tea parties for some reason.
>>
>>9158356
>>9158374
Wow, is she flying all the way over to the UK just for this?
>>
>>9158356
I wouldn't call her a sissy, and I'm usually a total shitlord when it comes to mtfs in lolita. She knows how to coord and doesn't come across as doing it for wank bank material.
>>
>>9158435
The Caroline I'm talking about is local
>>
>>9158466
oh who is she? pics?
>>
>>9158439
this.

the term you guys are looking for is "hon."
>>
>>9157878
Yeah most vendors and raffle prizes are shit this year
>>
>>9158295
Deets on them being bitchy?
>>
>>9158497
I think anon meant that they're "bad bitches" in the "these people are cool" way, rather than that they are actual bitches.

Personally never understood why people think negatively of the organisers, they're super chill. Some of the dipshits they have to deal with, I'm surprised they don't get nasty.
>>
I'm sure drama will come out after event
>>
I'm really excited especially because I couldn't go to Regalia so it's been a while since I got to go to a big event.

Of the people I know that are going I'd say 60-70% are doing Whimsy. I'm going wicked but worried my hat is a bit tacky and my colour matching is off. Don't care though, just gona have fun
>>
>>9159151
Sarcastic eh?
Is that London comm? I can see many new faces I've never seen before
>>
>>9159163
I know, I'm feeling the same.... I don't think I'll ask him for photos
>>
>>9159185
That is so disturbing
>>
>>9159190
God I hope I don't run into you there
>>
>>9159204
Why not anon?
Me or the photographer?
>>
>>9159190
Did you reply to the wrong post?
>>
>>9159216
Yeah... Sorry!
>>
I think my favourite Lolita YouTuber is going so I'm really nervous that I'm gonna sperg out. Other than that, I feel ok about my outfit and stuff although I'm worried other girls with bigger wardrobes will look a lot more fancy
>>
>>9159250
I think I know who you're talking about! If it's her, then don't be shy because she's lovely and so nice, she'd be happy to talk to you!
>>
>>9159208
I thought you were saying you don't want photos of Caroline due to the mis reply
>>
>>9159296
No anon, sorry for mix up. I don't even know who she is. I ment creepy photographer
>>
>>9158356
>>9158397
>>9158435
is about someone from the southern US, not about any UK lolitas.
>>
>>9159185
Holy shit how did they even approve him??? Also artistically these are shit so I am very puzzled
>>
>>9159841
Three other photographers were announced as well so I am wondering if he was even necessary to begin with.
>>
>>9158302
princess peachie, fahrlight? they have lots of followers.
>>
>>9161114
Peachie is famous only on YouTube
>>
>>9161173
as well on tumblr.
>>
What was the event like? I decided not to go this year, as I wasn't interested in the guests and the vendors. Was the venue's lighting any better?
>>
The photo corner is ATROCIOUS. How would ANYONE think that looked ok is beyond me, let alone ok enough to be used in such a big scale event. This isn't just a small detail.

Also should we be posting coords here instead of COF for better discussions, or just talk aboit event itself here?
>>
>>9161192
This year was the most fun I have ever had at a big London event. I think a lot of that was down to knowing more people and thinking my coord this year was better than previous years, but the event itself was also great, imo: tonnes of vendors (I think we had a whole extra room of shopping), a really packed bring and buy, a better photo room, and being able to enter from the main entrance was much better.

Haenuli is an absolute treasure, her Q&A session was cute and funny and weird in all the right amounts of each.

The only criticism I'd level isn't even at the event organisers: the B&B looked like hell to manage, even though it went off without any obvious issues. It didn't look like a fun place to work or volunteer. Nobody's fault really besides the cheap burando thirsty lolitas digging through the racks.
>>
>>9161271
The throne was really cool, but I would agree the "whimsical" side of the photo room was underwhelming. Maybe the photogs will edit it?
>>
Photo corner was uggo, except for the baddas throne. Sad because the last eventbhad such a lovely photo room.

Vendors were soso, nothing special. I think we're a bit spoilt by now, having such big events once or twice yearly now for 4 years. Back then the vendors would have raved about- now it's like 'meh, I could've gotten that online'.

Michaela's Fashion Fix was dope as usual. Dom helping girls off the stage in the fashion shownwas an elegant touch.

One thingbthis event had over allmothers- free food and drink, including cava, for everyone. Savory stuff ran out pretty fast as you can imagine, but it was still so nice.

I had a great time and thought it was totally worth the money etc.
>>
The event was fun, vendors were cute and bring &buy had lots of variety.

Food and drinks were super cheap and ran out quickly, for the price of tickets they could have at least had finger sandwiches etc instead of Tesco cake.

The Q&A was interesting and guests were adorable, Michaela was obnoxious as hell though.

The best part for me was seeing all the lovely outfits and getting bring and buy bargains. Considering general entry was upwards of £40 though, they could have provided more than a plastic folder and some paltry bottled sodas.
>>
Haenuli was a great guest, I loved the Q&A with her and was amused that after a while she didn't even need a translator.

I got a Spellbound ticket and feel that it wasn't very worth it, the £5 off for Haenuli turned out to be only if you spend £100 or more, which is kind of misleading since that caveat wasn't mentioned on the website.

Having free food and drinks is a great idea, the drinks lasted very long!

I think the bring and buy might require more space, and maybe remote vending should be separated from it.
>>
Apparently there was meant to be an announcement at today's tea party –can anyone reveal what this was? It's probably who next year's guest is, and I'm expecting it to be big as it will be the 10th anniversary.
>>
The model dressing room was abysmally poor. Half the dresses seemed to be elsewhere and the others were hidden under the table.
>>
>>9162266
It's gonna be Angelic Pretty
>>
>>9162301
I don't know whether to be excited at the prospect of AP coming to the UK for the first time, or bored by the lack of originality. I hope the theme is good, I'm just salty because I'm too tall for AP.
>>
>>9162301
SCREAMING
>>
>>9162301
That's exciting, I knew it would be a big announcement! It's going to be hard to get tickets.
>>
Does anyone want pics ITT?

I couldn't go but I've been stalking instagram , happy to upload the good, the bad and the downright ugly.
>>
>>9162344
Go for it. I've not seen many pictures so far so it would be nice to be able to get more of a "feel" for what the event was like, and the sorts of coords people wore.
>>
File: W&W1.jpg (180KB, 575x564px) Image search: [Google]
W&W1.jpg
180KB, 575x564px
>>9162369
Sure thing, dump incoming...
>>
File: W&W2.jpg (125KB, 487x603px) Image search: [Google]
W&W2.jpg
125KB, 487x603px
>>9162374
>>
File: W&W3.jpg (129KB, 409x614px) Image search: [Google]
W&W3.jpg
129KB, 409x614px
>>9162378
>>
File: W&W4.jpg (148KB, 461x630px) Image search: [Google]
W&W4.jpg
148KB, 461x630px
>>9162380
>>
File: W&W5.jpg (143KB, 503x631px) Image search: [Google]
W&W5.jpg
143KB, 503x631px
>>9162384
>>
File: W&W6.jpg (120KB, 567x540px) Image search: [Google]
W&W6.jpg
120KB, 567x540px
>>9162386
>>
File: W&W7.jpg (156KB, 567x699px) Image search: [Google]
W&W7.jpg
156KB, 567x699px
>>9162388

I really like these, but the whimsy half of the theme seemed like a bit of a free for all? Less of a theme more of a vibe.
>>
File: W&W8.jpg (169KB, 574x562px) Image search: [Google]
W&W8.jpg
169KB, 574x562px
>>9162389
>>
File: W&W9.jpg (207KB, 576x721px) Image search: [Google]
W&W9.jpg
207KB, 576x721px
>>9162392
>>
File: W&W10.jpg (136KB, 573x628px) Image search: [Google]
W&W10.jpg
136KB, 573x628px
>>9162396
>>
File: W&W11.jpg (185KB, 644x663px) Image search: [Google]
W&W11.jpg
185KB, 644x663px
>>9162405
>>
File: W&W12.jpg (170KB, 648x758px) Image search: [Google]
W&W12.jpg
170KB, 648x758px
>>9162407

So shiny...
>>
File: W&W13.jpg (60KB, 384x578px) Image search: [Google]
W&W13.jpg
60KB, 384x578px
>>9162408
>>
>>9162408
That dress was so pretty!
>>
File: W&W14.jpg (110KB, 616x619px) Image search: [Google]
W&W14.jpg
110KB, 616x619px
>>9162410

I think I have an irrational hatred of poses like this.
>>
>>9162411
Is it the lighting making it look shiny?
>>
File: W&W15.jpg (159KB, 645x649px) Image search: [Google]
W&W15.jpg
159KB, 645x649px
>>9162413
>>
>>9162415
Could be, the fabric was shiny but it looked very similar to Enchantilly dresses. As sweet dress it actually didn't look that bad.
>>
File: W&W16.jpg (184KB, 713x721px) Image search: [Google]
W&W16.jpg
184KB, 713x721px
>>9162417
>>
File: W&W17.jpg (138KB, 574x576px) Image search: [Google]
W&W17.jpg
138KB, 574x576px
>>9162420

I hope she didn't poke anyones eyes out with that crown.
>>
>>9162374
NuNu looks so happy excited in every pic I've seen her in! It's adorable.
>>
>>9162413
Really?
Sometimes you take serious photos sometimes you take a piss, so why not? It obviously was supposed to be funny photo and I don't see problem with that, but that's my personal opinion
>>
File: W&W18.jpg (166KB, 645x760px) Image search: [Google]
W&W18.jpg
166KB, 645x760px
>>9162424
>>
>>9162424
That's a beginner mistake trying to be OTT...
>>
>>9162425
She was such a sweetheart! One of the friendliest guests we've ever had
>>
File: W&W19.jpg (235KB, 644x764px) Image search: [Google]
W&W19.jpg
235KB, 644x764px
>>9162428
I love these!

>>9162426
Yeah, like I said probably irrational but what do you expect from seagull?
>>
File: W&W20.jpg (148KB, 395x697px) Image search: [Google]
W&W20.jpg
148KB, 395x697px
>>9162439
Should probs add that these aren't in any kind of order.
>>
File: W&W21.jpg (182KB, 720x732px) Image search: [Google]
W&W21.jpg
182KB, 720x732px
>>9162440
>>
>>9162408
What's the name of this dress?
>>
File: W&W22.jpg (166KB, 717x719px) Image search: [Google]
W&W22.jpg
166KB, 717x719px
>>9162443
I love her but I feel like this wouldn't work if not for the matching pinks.
>>
File: W&W23.jpg (137KB, 448x723px) Image search: [Google]
W&W23.jpg
137KB, 448x723px
>>9162446
End dump.
>>
>>9162444
It's indie shop Shinku Rose but I don't know the print. It was in fashion show so I'm guessing it's new design
>>
>>9162446
Not the fucking pinks again
>>
Why are so many of these coords so bad? It just looks like there are a lot of newbies or something. Definitely not insulting everyone but from pics posted ITT a lot of this is just...bad.
>>
>>9162877
This is everyone who was desperate to get a coord shot uploaded asap, the professional shots aren't ready yet
>>
>>9162877
I think the theme was just too vague and confusing unless you know what you're doing with gothic lolita. So you had people who had never worn gothic before, and others who were just trying to understand what the hell whimsy meant.
>>
>>9163557
Meant to add, it's also a strange theme to pick with a brand like Haenuli, who doesn't really fit into either of those categories.
>>
>>9163559
On the contrary I'd say they fitted the theme perfectly, with their Phantom of the opera print, the upcoming snow white print, their fawn one from a while back and the mermaid one, lots of their stuff has a playful fairy tale vibe or a gothic feeling
>>
Had a great time yesterday, was glad the venue was nice and spacious, plenty of room to take photos. The library room looked great, though found it hilarious when we realised none of the books were real, just cut outs of book spines. Food was nice and plentiful, took forever and a day to get any tea though. Not been to many tea parties yet but this was the slowest tea serving I've experienced. They'd often only serve half of our table then leave and not return for another half an hour or so. I only managed to get 3 cups of tea in the 3-4 hours we were there. The bingo was a good idea, I'm not sure if there was any prize for completing it though so most people ignored theirs. The photo props were pretty lacklustre, though the gate prop looked better than it did on Saturday with the odd back drop. I know this time there was two photo ops rather than the one large one at Regalia, but it felt like a down grade. The venue itself was pretty enough though that anywhere you were there was a good spot to take pictures. Nunu from Haenuli and her mum were super adorable, and the guest from Enchantilly was very sweet. I didn't know or see the other guests, but Nunu's English was great, she was chatting away to everyone and felt more like an attendee that really wanted to be there, rather than a guest at times, which was lovely to see, and I really hope she comes back to another UK event.
Overall, a few nitpicks but the people that attend really make TPC events, the organisers and everyone I get to speak to are always super friendly. As mentioned above, Angelic Pretty is the guest next year, and those who volunteered at this event get first dibs at tickets which I think is a really great idea. Next year will be a bloodbath but I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>9162301
YESSSSS
>>
>>9163598
It's really nice to know it went well on the Sunday, even if you didn't get enough tea! I was only there for Saturday, so it's interesting to know what happened. I think we're lucky in the UK to be relatively drama-free with so many friendly people. I think the volunteer first dibs is really sweet. I've only volunteered for them at Hyper Japan though, and I think it's just the main event that they're doing this for? I think it's fair, I just hope they only allow one ticket sale per person. I'm looking forward to knowing next year's theme, and I really hope I can get a VIP ticket again.
>>
The after party venue was so tiny. I know it wasn't the organisers' fault because the original venue messed up and did a double booking, and I still had a great time so I'm not even sure why I am posting this.

Probably met a few secret gulls there, did anyone else go? What was with all the glitter?
>>
>>9164258
I was there too. I agree it's a shame it was such a small place because there wasn't much room for dancing and I know I should've expected it but it was also really loud. Cocktails were pretty awesome though and the staff were really nice.
>>
>>9162439
That HysteriaMachine piece! My heart!
>>
Yeah it's one per volunteer and this doesn't include the 'gold' options
>>
https://youtu.be/u1t-0pVBLXY
>>
>>9162389
Oh is this Mana from Baroque?
>>
>>9165035
And her model
>>
I couldn't attend this year, due to work commitments. And now I'm really disappointed; I've volunteered at ask the previous events, and now I won't get first dibs on next year's tickets. I'll have to prepare for the bloodbath instead.
>>
>>9166159
If you've volunteered at the previous TPC events within 5 years you still get dibs.
>>
>>9166160
This is great news! Thanks for letting me know, anon!
>>
>>9158497
Not OP but, Kyra has been known to have a huge ego complex in the past and lashing out on people out of nowhere. A few years back a lot of people were fed up with here and even organized an anti tea party for after the main event, because they couldn't stand her. She was called out on secrets s few times at some point tho (when her bitchyness was at peak levels), and after that she has toned it down a lot. Nothing to see nowadays
>>
>>9166425
Anti tea party? First time I've heard about this. More info?
>>
>>9166446
There were a lot of people that were already going to be in london for the main event (from other towns or outside of the UK altogether), and because it was a good opportunity to see each other and chill, but didn't want to bear Kyra for the entire tea party, they were hosting a secret (not so secret) seperate event. Nothing big, just a much smaller get together with tea and snacks.
Not sure if they did it in the end because I couldn't attend any of the 2 events that year and didn't ask for further info
>>
>>9166425
>>9166506
lolwut anon have you ever actually met kyra? She isn't like that at all. You shouldn't chat shit about someone when you have never met them.

But I'll be honest, I think you actually have met kyra, and you're playing like you're someone who has just "heard" about her "bitchyness" through the grapevine to cover up who you actually are, which is probs some jelly bitch who likes to stir the pot on cgl.
>>
>>9166709
Whatever you say anon. I don't even have personal beef with her, but facts are facts, there were caps on btb and previous cgl threads, so whoever cares to dig it up they can
>>
>>9166425
>>9166506
>>9166709
>>9166782
I don't remember anything like this on secrets so I'm calling bullshit. I've only met Kyra a couple of times but she's been very friendly and funny, seems like there's a lot of jelly being passed around.
>>
>>9166834
Seconding this - she's been lovely every time I've seen her IRL. When I was telling the friend sat beside her at a tea party about an illness in the family, even though she didn't know me that well, Kyra was really empathetic and supportive, when she could just have easily pretended not to have heard about my personal baaaaawing.

The alt tea parties I've seen organised have all been because not everyone could get tickets, as a result of the official tea party booking out or being too expensive. My friends who went to the alt tea parties all thought Kyra did a fantastic job organising, and was very kind during the events, if a little rushed off her feet!
>>
>>9166709
Not that anon but try working with her instead of hanging out with her for a few hours. She gets a real nasty attitude and as other anon said a giant ego complex. She gets things done when organizing stuff though, so everyone lets her get away with it.
>>
>>9166952
>>9166782
>>9166506
>>9166425
hey there samefag

I've volunteered at a few TPC events and have interacted with Kyra many times. What you are describing has never, ever happened.

The burden of proof is on you, not us. Don't come at me again unless you've got receipts. Why are you even posting this stuff if you supposedly don't go to her events and have not met her? gtfo.
>>
>>9166952
She is an utter bitch. I had to deal with her nastiness before, never again.
>>
File: lol.jpg (22KB, 324x224px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
22KB, 324x224px
>>9167048
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>9167048
Whoever is coming at you, are you insane? I never said I am not going to her events I just didn't go to that one.
Ever noticed that whenever a subject like that gets brought up, nobody ever badmouths Michaela for example? It is always Kyra and there is a reason for that.
>>
>>9166834
>>9167048
http://behind-the-bows.livejournal.com/83435.html
here is one of them by the way
And of course there won't be proof of the people that have volunteered for the events and were mistreated. Nobody would out themselves like this, against one of UKs most popular lolitas.

Like I said, after this she calmed down a lot, I have no personal complaints and her events are great
>>
Kyra gets stressed (reasonably) when organising events like this. I think that leads her to snapping at people. I don't think she's a bitch so much as just tightly strung.
>>
>>9167514
This exactly - the events get bigger and bigger, this time they had 2 fashion shows, I don't know how many vendors and remote vendors, 4 guests speaking 2 languages (and various degrees of english), of course organizers can and will be a little stressed
>>
>>9162343
Hopefully they anticipate the high demand for tickets and book a bigger venue.
>>
>>9167645
I really wish I could attend, because AP is one of my fav. If only it was just a bit further in September........
>>
>>9167658
Yeah, even though they put it next to a bank holiday now, I preferred the date when it was just after pay-day in September
>>
Don't want to be that whitenight guy but she is a ton more pleasant than many of the other organizers of these big lolita events. You'd better have some sass if you're going to pull off negotiating deals with venues, wrangling guests and their demands and herding lolitas which is notoriously difficult.
>>
>>9167345
But people do bad mouth Michaela? And Pippa.
>>
>>9167054
>>9167082
>>9167372
S A M E F A G
>>
>>9167772
Nope. I'm just somebody who thinks she is a cunt.
>>
>>9167771
They are two of the saltiest bitches in the UK, anon.
>>
>>9167645
I'm not sure, they've used the same venue/date the past two events, so I feel like they're sticking with that
>>
>>9167906
deets?
>>
>>9167771
Pippa seems nice enough, but she's not great at organisation. Last year she organised the fashion show, and it was a huge mess. One girl was in tears. And several others were left with haphazardly put together outfits, as there was an issue with too many models for one brand.
>>
>>9167917
seconding deets?
>>
>>9167923
Maybe she's bad organiser but that doesn't make her a bitch?
>>
>>9167926
I never called her a "bitch". Not that anon. Like I said, she seems nice enough.
>>
Things like this makes you wonder if we should have nice things as a community
>>
>>9167917
>>9167924
There are no deets, this anon is just jelly she isn't a well respected member of the community so comes to cgl to be a sandy cunt about it.
>>
>>9167903
Only cunt I see here is you, anon. Show me where she's been anyt
>>
>>9167955
-anything but fine (managed to post before I'd finished) and I'll think about it, but Kyra is a treasure. You are an insignificant stain on the community.
>>
>>9167924
They made fun of one of my friends for no reason, to the point where it wasn't funny anymore.
>>
>>9167957
Proof?
>>
>>9167956
Hi Kyra!
>>
>>9167960
Because nobody could possibly want to defend someone who has given so much back to the UK comm lol okay friend
>>
>>9167957
calling bullshit, caps or it didnt happen
>>
>>9167771
Pipa, IMO seems super nice and has never steered me wrong but Michaela is a nut job.

I do not have any caps as most of it has happened in person but she has a crazy odd temper, attacks newbies often and is oddly quite racist. I can not prove anything I have said though but I can say she is quick to make decision about people from rumors and goes from 1 to 1000 in rage fits easily.
I find her snobbish and egotistical BUT she does seem to host good events/meets and has good outfits most of the time.
I attended a meet up once and it was like a seen from mean girls, she said hello to a newbie and complimented her outfit an hour later she bitched about the outfit to comm members (assumed friends) and I overheard it. Not been back to a meet since.
>>
>>9167997
I think to be fair on this that unless you were there you can not really judge too much without solid facts.
I've seen her act cold and nasty as hell on COF's and BTB's but I have no caps too back up my story. Make your own mind up anon's.
>>
>>9167923
She seems sweet but she couldn't even seem to organise herself to give out prizes for a raffle.
>>
>>9167997
How the fuck is she racist? She's pretty anti racist from what I have seen, like calling out people on Rufflechat.
>>
>>9167997
>things that never happened
>>
>>9168030
betting OP means racist to white people......
>>
File: mqzuirsgad1sr2rwmo2_250.gif (906KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
mqzuirsgad1sr2rwmo2_250.gif
906KB, 245x175px
>>9167997
>>
Let's get back on topic. Did anyone take any photographs of this year's vendor's stalls? What was the setup like? Was it better than last year?
>>
File: 1C5A8222-copia.jpg (292KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A8222-copia.jpg
292KB, 2000x1333px
>>9168084
Gonna dump a few pics from the photogs
>>
File: 1C5A8268-copia.jpg (453KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A8268-copia.jpg
453KB, 2000x1333px
>>9168139
>>
File: 1C5A8271-copia.jpg (429KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A8271-copia.jpg
429KB, 2000x1333px
>>9168140
>>
File: 1C5A8500-copy.jpg (527KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A8500-copy.jpg
527KB, 2000x1333px
>>9168141
>>
File: 1C5A8547-copy.jpg (700KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A8547-copy.jpg
700KB, 2000x1333px
>>9168147
>>
File: 1C5A8479-copy.jpg (426KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A8479-copy.jpg
426KB, 2000x1333px
>>9168148
And finally the bring&buy
>>
>>9167997
Same with Kyra. Judging people based on rumours and causing drama.
>>
>>9167997
>Michaela is a nut job
Really? No way... I am not in this comm but she is one of my favorite lolitas online aside from her close-mindedness. Coords always on point.
>>
>>9168201
But shitty personality !
>>
>>9168201
What close mindedness? Not letting racism slide?
>>
>>9168230
More or less yes... She has this irritating "us vs them" mentality and strikes me as the kind of person who moans about uncle toms and race traitors. From what I remember she uses a lot of petty insults as well rather than giving productive opinions... its not very mature...
Also I now dislike all of the people who participated in the shitshow that was the francis threads on RC:U, so there's that.
>>
>>9168250
Not sure what you mean about race traitors. I've always just seen her speak out when someone is being a blatant twat, and she's always done it in a mature way. I don't know entirely what your issue is, especially if you're saying she's one of your favourite lolitas.

Also that thread was just a mildly amusing nostalgia trip for me, it's quite exciting that Frances is back and in full swing again.
>>
>>9167951
I always find it really odd when people's knee jerk reaction to others disliking someone they personally like is calling the dissenter jealous.

Anywho, I think a lot of the people refusing to believe that Kyra has ever been anything but a sweetheart haven't been in the UK comm for more than a few years. A lot of the old London lolita community intentionally distanced themselves from her several years back because of her volatile behaviour. She has definitely mellowed out over the years and stopped lashing out at people online so often, but I understand why some people remain salty whenever she's brought up. People only remember you for the worse things you've done in the lolita community unfortunately, and don't like to believe that it's possible to change.
>>
>>9168260
That's exactly my point too. The people sucking her cock just don't know her long enough.
>>
>>9168267
>>9168260
How long do you guys mean? Is 5/6 years long enough?
>>
>>9167915
Yeah, but the current venue has fit enough people in (and felt a little cramped) with two brands people care about significantly less. I love Innocent World to bits and they're my fav brand, but it will never have a hype train like Angelic Pretty does.

They would have to be absolute idiots to not realise that they can make a lot more money for the TPC if they had a bigger venue. Plus it's their 10th anniversary. They've got to go all out.
>>
>>9168340
>confirmed for new/young

Venue changes aren't just about money, it's also depends on availability. Many venues book events in August/September as it's wedding season. Seeing as they've already got the date booked for next year's event I'm assuming they renewed for another year with the same venue. Just be swift when tickets go on sale.

>they can make a lot more money for the TPC

Honestly, what more do we need tho? While this year's event was a little lackluster, there were plenty of amenities. Free food/drink, photo area with pro photogs, vendor rooms, fashion shows, panels, bring and buy room, craft corner, and the VIP goodies. I'm sorry but what else could they add to a niche fashion event like that... it's not like it's comic con or some shit.
>>
>>9168340
Huh? The Innocent World one was really hard to get VIP tickets for. It was one of their biggest events. This year was fairly quiet because people don't care as much for Korean brands (especially when they're the same price as AP)
>>
>>9168033
Na Leeds has changed. It use to be fun and friendly, now it's like mic and her friends are close and ignore most of everyone else. They can be really catty about it. They only want to drink too, which is fine for a few meets but not every single one.
>>
>>9168919
>Na Leeds has changed. It use to be fun and friendly, now it's like mic and her friends are close and ignore most of everyone else. They can be really catty about it. They only want to drink too, which is fine for a few meets but not every single one.
does mic organise the drinking meets
>>
>>9168923
Other Leeds anon, but no? She doesn't organise many meets at all, since we have a system where you book a month to host at the start of the year. And DESU, meets like that also mean that the girls who go are:
-responsible enough to make their own way there without leaving us waiting outside WHSmits for an hour because they missed their train
-mature enough to pay for their share of the bill
-old enough that they don't need constant mothering

There are some really chill underage girls in the comm, but there are also some girls who just constantly mess up and expect other people to sort it for them. Nobody's been stuck waiting at the station or had to pay extra to cover for a scrub at a drinks and dinner meet, anon - do you think there might be a link there?
>>
>>9168923
We have a rolling system but I've only ever seen her organise ILD meets.

Persie (that pretentious mentor that can't even dress herself) really likes to organise drinking meets even though she's no longer living in that part of the country.
>>
>>9168919
the last meet M organised had no drinking at all - do you even go here?
>>
File: 1C5A0019-copy_1.jpg (468KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0019-copy_1.jpg
468KB, 2000x1333px
Some photos have gone up for the Tea Party so I'll share a few
>>
File: 1C5A0022-copy_1.jpg (638KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0022-copy_1.jpg
638KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170061
>>
File: 1C5A0038-copy_1.jpg (649KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0038-copy_1.jpg
649KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170062
>>
File: 1C5A0053-copy_1.jpg (596KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0053-copy_1.jpg
596KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170064
>>
File: 1C5A0177-copy_1.jpg (599KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0177-copy_1.jpg
599KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170068
>>
File: 1C5A0184-copy_1.jpg (281KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0184-copy_1.jpg
281KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170070
>>
File: 1C5A0231-copy_1.jpg (458KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0231-copy_1.jpg
458KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170076
>>
File: 1C5A0388-copy.jpg (420KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0388-copy.jpg
420KB, 1333x2000px
>>9170080
Lots of photo ops on the stairs
>>
File: 1C5A0497-copy.jpg (617KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0497-copy.jpg
617KB, 1333x2000px
>>9170083
This was the section of the Whimsy photo set they brought over, ditched the backdrop
>>
File: 1C5A0587-copy_1.jpg (648KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0587-copy_1.jpg
648KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170085
The Wicked chair placement
>>
File: 1C5A0672-copy_1.jpg (260KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0672-copy_1.jpg
260KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170086
Haenuli's mother
>>
File: 1C5A0730-copy_1.jpg (670KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0730-copy_1.jpg
670KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170087
>>
File: 1C5A0806-copy_1.jpg (297KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0806-copy_1.jpg
297KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170092
And then I spotted these at the end.... little less "Cinderella", little more rapey
>>
File: 1C5A0813-copy_1.jpg (383KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1C5A0813-copy_1.jpg
383KB, 2000x1333px
>>9170095
I'd be running away too if I was her.

And that's the end of my photo dump
>>
>>9170096
That's her husband and I personally find him dead creepy. I think they're both in their 40s?
>>
>>9170135
Yeah, I know she's 40, I think he's maybe older. She's lovely but he gives me creepy vibes too. I've intentionally avoided meets if I've seen him going as he has a habit of taking pictures and videos of people while they're eating.
>>
>>9170080
Oh man she looks amazing! Anyone have her instagram so I can follow
>>
>>9170146
Ugh. I got the creeps from him last time I saw him at a meet. He felt really out of place and like he had another motive for being there.
>>
>>9170153
He's super creepy, took sneak shots without asking and looked so out of place. I'm relieved to know he's somebody's husband at least but LEAVE HIM AT HOME!
>>
>>9170271
I thought after the first few meets he was just coming to keep her company and that he'd stop showing up, but it looks like they're starting to buy him clothes to match and "fit in". I get the impression he's been trying to buy her popularity, they seem to be well off financially and her lolita wardrobe went from 0-60 very fast. She seems more content doing her own creative thing and bringing along those odd dolls she bought someone but I think he's trying to really get her friends and make her popular, when he's probably just making people avoid her because he comes off so creepy. So yeah, sadly I don't get the impression he'll back off any time soon
>>
>>9170341
those fucking dolls... She bought them for someone too???
>>
>>9170345
Oh sorry that's a typo, meant to be somewhere. I've seen pictures where she hands them to people for them to hold in pictures and the poor girls holding them always look so embarrassed.
>>
>>9162380
This pic is giving me the shills. I just ordered that dress from Lady Sloth... Holy shit, does it look that bad?!?
Should I cancel the order?
>>
>>9170341
They seem nice enough but I don't understand why he has to be there with her for every single meet!
>>
>>9170365
the print looks good, she just needed to iron her dress.
>>
>>9170085
gosh, Fumiko is so beautiful!!
>>
>>9170087
Seeing this picture made me smile.
>>
>>9174113
She was such a sweetheart, I was so happy she also won something in the raffle. She and Nunu even stopped by the afterparty for a bit which was unexpected but awesome.
>>
>>9156019
>I predict 80% of attendees will be wearing "wicked" themed stuff.
Boy was that wrong.
>>
>>9161114
Peachie doesn't create much drama because her illness means she barely leaves the house. Fahr has a ton of drama IRL but she's in an out-of-the-way comm and none of it reaches the net for some reason. There's internal drama about London girls and TPC organisers but because they're not efamous it doesn't reach other countries.
>>
>>9166834
I've never met her but whenever I've messaged her about an event she was organizing or about sales, she was very rude and acted like I was bothering her. I would hate to sell to her again.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.