[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Local Comm thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 15

File: img.jpg (41KB, 570x337px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
41KB, 570x337px
Old one died.

Any meet ups your looking forward to? Any drama you want to share? Let it all out, gulls, and try not to single any one out.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 750x420px
Soccer mom lolita posted this, and I'm laughing so hard because it's the most soccer mom thing I've ever read coming from someone who isn't a real soccer mom. She was commenting on a video on different croissant sandwich suggestions.
>>
>>9155852
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>9155852
She's right though and she's being helpful to fatty chans everywhere.
Also most lolitas I've met are pretty soccermom/stepfordwife.
I seriously can't relate to most people in this hobby.
>>
>>9155852
I mean she's right, but god dammit preaching about it is annoying. Eating just one for a meal is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>9155871
Iirc the video was one of her friends like "wow these are perfect to bring to work when I don't have time to prepare a better meal!" Something along those lines.
>>
>>9155861
I'm so sorry, where are you located? All the lolitas I know and have met are fucking geeks, myself included.
>>
Im looking forward to more meets now that the summer heat is going away and lolitas are ready to come out without the fear of sweating in burando.

I wear lolita fairly often but even I have stopped this summer due to the heat and being uncomfortable.
>>
File: tumblr_mq3xtofkJy1rgegwfo8_1280.jpg (166KB, 636x799px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq3xtofkJy1rgegwfo8_1280.jpg
166KB, 636x799px
My local comm has been a complete mess recently. We've had a surge in drama when we're usually quite a civil bunch and it's really frustrating. How do regularly dramatic comms function? This is exhausting.
>>
>>9156377
Deets?
>>
>>9155852
did someone call the manager for her
>>
>>9155861
>>9155888
I could do with a few more soccer moms in my comm. Most of the local lolitas are squealing weebs and nobody wants to help organize meetups.
>>
>>9156553
>gluten free, dairy free, sugarless, non-fat tea party
>>
File: massachusetts.png (433KB, 453x468px) Image search: [Google]
massachusetts.png
433KB, 453x468px
Anyone have experience with the St. Louis comm?
I live off SIUE's main campus, and I'm wanting to join a comm around here.
I'm lonely.
>>
>>9156569
They seem nice enough, though there was a little drama in the past. May as well go try one of the meets coming up. I think there's a museum, Pokemon themed, and Japanese festival (though that is usually super hot since it's over Labor day weekend and there are itas and weebs galore.)
What's with the filename though? Lol
>>
>>9156553
I dunno man, we have a vegan soccer mum in the comm who throws a tanty every time a meet gets planned somewhere that's not vegan enough for their liking. Picky soccer mums wreck my life
>>
>>9156578
Thanks, anon
What was the drama about, like is it possible it'll come up again?

Also I just thought the file name was funny
>>
I wish the Ohio comm was more active. I tried planning a meet and only 1 person said they were coming. It's not like there isn't enough active-ish people, but nobody plans shit. The Cleveland girls are pretty active but that's too far away.
>>
>>9156558
Better than meetups in the park or mall where your comm members always conveniently forget to bring food or money and spend most of the time groping each other while screaming about their senpais and gay OTPs.
>>
>>9156558
The only thing I could think while reading this was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QphMaa4wxI

There's a hime/ouji high tea happening. I'm excited since it'll be my first meet of that kind, but a little worried since the coord I planned isn't typically hime. It's cute nonetheless.

Drama wise it's more online. I don't know why there are salty af gulls around this one particular person in the comm.
>>
>>9156655
If you're in northern ohio, you might get some Michigan lolitas to come. Toledo is actually really close to me, yet I'm driving an hour west to meets.
>>
>>9156708
Anon... Cleveland is part of northern Ohio...
>>
Anyone have experience with central VAs comm? I just moved and I'm considering joining
>>
>>9155888
It's either weebs, soccer moms, or stepford wives.

They're nice, I just... don't get their personalities. I have zero desire to be any of those things.
>>
Moving from East Coast to LA! Any news from LA comm? Whom should I be friends with? Who should I avoid?
>>
>>9156714
Meant north east. But hey, I don't live there, how would I know where Cleveland is.
>>
I'm trying to make my comm more active. I'm starting to do a standing meet once a month, but I feel discouraged sometimes. I'm wondering if maybe doing 2 a month would be better? Like one on the weekend and one on a weekday to get better turnout?
>>
>>9156714
Lol, that's like NY.
>>
>>9156974
There's another girl from the east coast that just moved to LA too. Avoid her. She's fucking crazy.
Also the redheaded lolita. Buuuuuut that's about it? Everyone is pretty nice.
LA gets accused of being elitist or cliquey but all you have to do is put yourself out there another be a wierdo.
>>
>>9157014
And not be a*
>>
>>9157014
Any hint as to who the crazy chick from the East is? Haven't met her yet.
>>
What is Seattle like? Tired of Portland
>>
>>9157048
I lived in Seattle a few years ago and liked the comm alright for the most part but would love to hear what it's like now
>>
>>9157048
How about you move back to SF instead
>>
>>9156569
There are a few really cool and well-dressed girls, just stick with them.
>>
>>9156974
Welcome! I recently moved from the east coast too. There's a few I would avoid, but not sure if I can name drop.

>>9157014
Hint plz.
>>
>>9157014
Does this redheaded lolita's name begin with an R and her last name initial a Y?
>>
>>9157048
Used to visit Seattle when I lived in Portland, If you wear j-fash you will get even more weird looks and stupid comments.
>>
>>9157048
It's more expensive -- that's all I know.
Are you in the pdx comm? I have yet to meet anyone super exciting yet.
>>
>>9156720
They're not very active, it's mostly the DC and Charm City Comm people frequent, myself included. I don't know much about the DC comm (they seem nice enough) but I enjoy the Charm City group and it's worth the extra drive for me.
>>
>>9157141
I meant tired of the comm, not the city, I don't want to move to Seattle.
Portland is my closest comm but I agree. The meetups suck. How long have you been there?
>>
>>9157149
I may join DCs, all big events in the central VA one seem to be in Richmond which is pretty much equidistant between me and DC. I hate driving in cities though oh well
>>
>>9156569
I've had a small, short experience with them. Two of them were nice and welcoming to me. You'll know who they are because they're the most vibrant and "IDGAF". I really appreciated them; I hope you meet them, anon. Good luck! And welcome to STL! Born and raised there. It's ok, but hot.
>>
>>9157014
The redhead is old news, barely even active anymore. Who's the East coast chick?
>>
does anyone have any advice on when its a good time to join a comm?
i'm fairly new to lolita (been lurking/known about it for a while) and i'm wondering if i should

a. build a decent closet first then join a comm
or
b. join a comm even though i may not have many coordinates just yet
>>
>>9157292
Join a comm, lurk for a bit to get an idea of what the people are like / what the comm is like. Start going to meets if you're comfortable. Usually ILD and other "big" events are good for newbies to go to for their first meetup as they're usually fairly bustling. Waiting for a big event also gives you time to build up a good coord as well.
>>
>>9157292
Join the comm! Our comm gets a lot of curious people who are dipping their toes. I feel as though joining and coming to a meet or two lets people figure out if they want to get serious about the fashion or fizzle out (as unfortunately most do).
>>
>>9157141
>I have yet to meet anyone super exciting yet.
what does that even mean?
>>
>>9156558
Dont forget all the millions of things people are allergic to. While on one hand, I understand, but catering to a giant group and having a list of "no raisins, apples, onions, strawberries, chocolate" ect ect on account of possible cross contamination, you get to the of like, what can we even bring? just tea? just water?
>>
Is the OTTea party worth it? I know there's going to be a bunch of vendors and pictures taken, but do they usually plan other activities at the event itself?
>>
>>9155861
Lmao are you in NY or CA? I live in the Midwest and my comm is a bunch of filthy weebs, cat ladies, and literal teenagers
>>
>>9156655
Where do you live? There are separate comms in Dayton and Cincinnati. I think there's also a south central group
>>
>>9157392
Don't get me started..
>organizer asks for dietary restrictions
>people start listing every random non-food item they are allergic to
>>
>>9156626
I honestly have no idea, it was before I moved to STL.
>>
>>9157361
It means I'm meeting the exact people I was expecting to meet, weebs and mom's and stepford wives.
I'm none of those so I feel like I don't fit in. I only posted that cause I was hoping the other anon and I hadn't met yet.
>>
>>9157171
Only a few months. If I drop an email would you want to hang? I want a lolita buddy dammit.
>>
>>9157558
I dunno, I easily avoid that crowd. You just need to go to more meets.
>>
In your experience, was it worth while to reach out to the local comm of a place you were visiting? Should this be something you do weeks or months in advance?
>>
I'll be in CT every three months for work. Is it worth it to join one of the New England comms or should I just stay a lone Lolita and do my own thing?
>>
>>9156383
I'm still fuzzy on the details, but there was a big falling out between some of the more prominent members and the organization of the comm has just gone downhill, there's lots of negative vibes and it's just sad.
>>
>>9157536
>tfw you find out last minute you can't bring your bee and dog hair casserole
Well fuck
>>
>>9157586
I will. It doesn't help that I don't like most people.
>>
>>9157254
First letter is S
>>
>>9157103
Hi, S.M. ;)
....are you trying to start drama in LA comm, too? lol
>>
>>9156626
Two girls in the comm hated each other and everyone else picked sides. The one made a secret comm that had a few members in it.
>>
>>9156569
Hey! Let's be friends! I go to SIUe and I'm in the comm! It'd be nice to have more IL friends to ride over to meets with!
>>
>>9157726
>>9157742
Legitimate question here, what'd she do that's so bad?
>>
>>9157699
You sound like a cunt to be honest.
>wehh everyone but me is dumb and fake
Good luck making friends with that attitude, anon.
>>
>>9157759
LA had a mystery dinner event and she demanded she be given a prize for "best dressed" even though she was hosting the event.
Idk why she thought she was best dressed.
She looked like a lampshade.
>>
>>9157558
I haven't gone to any meet-ups lately so you probably haven't met me. I'm not any of those.
>>
>>9157743
Oh wow, okay!
I'll just tentatively drop my email here

>>9157218
Thanks anon!
>>
If I go to one more damn meet up that turns into another photoshoot last minute at the same goddamn place I am going set my wig on fire ad leave it on the hosts doorstep! Seriously be more creative and plan better.

>inb4
>I do host my own meetups
>>
>>9157811
Where are you getting dumb and fake from? I seriously just can't relate to those people.
>>
>>9157811
Are the person that pretends to be in the PDX comm anytime it's brought up?
>>
>>9157990
Oh man, I almost went to that for my first meet in LA but decided against it. Was the rest of the meet fun outside of the drama? Murder mystery sounded like a pretty decent idea.
>>
>>9158074
Hey if I lived in LA I'd fantasize about living somewhere else too
>>
>>9157990
To be fair, it sure didn't seem like she was hosting considering she just hung out with friends and chatted all night. The only person that actually played a host role was C.

>>9158075
It was a decent meet. Wayyy too small a venue, I was stuffed into a tiny ass table with a bunch of people. There were a few good raffle prizes but the amount of shitty buttons given away was hilarious. My whole table laughed at the cunt who was deeply insulted that the winner of the only prize she donated (a single team Mystic button) didn't want it since she wasn't on that team and then was deeply insulted again when the host was crediting all the people who donated. The people who were secretly part of the plot didn't even try to play along so not a single person figured out who they were. There was one guy that I assume was a +1 who kept screaming out edgy shit like GO VALOR. Finally, the resident gender kweer SJW never missed an opportunity to be obnoxious about her SJW garbage with the detectives.

You know, writing this out made me realize that most of the fun I had from the meet was laughing at all the prime cringe. $65 was probably not worth it.
>>
>>9157104
Ding
>>
>>9157990
Also went around begging for votes and had to be told to stop. S M has no goddam chill.
>>
>>9158119
I don't even think she did anything. She's just trying to shoehorn herself into a new comm since she's burned in her old one so she attached herself to this event.
Fair warning to all in LA.
Avoid this thirsty drama queen.
>>
>>9158137
>>9157104
>>9157014
How the fuck is the red head not banned from all of the SoCal comms? Cholitas (as questionable as that comm is) is the only group that's got her officially banned from all meets since she's literally threatened multiple people saying she was going to "punch them in their stupid fucking face" and has told several girls to kill themselves. She even threatened some random on CoF after they gave her concrit. It kinda blows me away how many girls hang out with her all happy friendly after all that shit.
>>
>>9158169
Did you see what she sent Dolldelight? The bitch is sincerely nuts. I don't like her either but not enough to send her death threats.
>>
>>9158076
...there's a girl in the comm that goes to LA sometimes...
>>
>>9158169
I really respect Cholitas for banning her. Don't know why you think they're questionable, their meets have been pretty great lately.

Unrelated but anyone have issues with YG? She seems alright in person but I've heard nasty rumors.
>>
>>9158212
YG?
I don't recognize the initials. Another clue?
>>
>>9158169
Wow that's some real drama. The last time I asked about SoCal/LA coms on here people were just like "everyone's an elitist" which isn't really drama or even a bad thing in my eyes, since I'm a budding brand whore myself.
>>
>>9158319
Hispanic, usually wears sweet Lolita.
>>
>>9158144
What did she do in her old comm to be "burned" ?
>>
>>9158042
Same but at the end of every meet "let's go to the Baby store". Like ugh why? Yes its like our holy grail burando Mecca but it's a store not a hang out spot. Dont you guys get sick of it or at least plan out your purchases? Or do you just go to touch every dress and whine about no money?
>>
>>9158350
From what I understand she blamed another girl for getting her drunk. Other girl owns popular brand and most people sided with her. To be honest I heard this through the grapevine. Someone from the NY comm probably knows a lot better.
>>
>>9156569
Welp, I took a guess and asked one of the admins of the stl comm to add me, wish me luck!
>>
>>9157617

I would join the next closest community if possible. Is there another one close to you?
>>
>>9157726
Not S.M. Nice try though.

>>9157990
Wow, I didn't even know she was hosting the event. I thought it was mainly C and a few other people I don't know the names of. What a brat.

>>9158075
I thought the meet was pretty fun. >>9158119 summed it up nicely.

>>9158119
Was butthurt person the owner of Dollbe? OMG, the SJW girl was pissing me off. Was she at the corner table? (when you walk into the restaurant floor, you'd be staring straight at where she's sitting.)
>>
>>9157455
See >>9156714
>>
>>9158754
I don't recall the name of the person who got assblasted unfortunately, but that sounds about right. As far as the SJW goes I meant the one who had like a detective themed coord with that one indie brand Darwin JSK and mentioned the civil disobedience. You did however remind me of the corner girl who was also really annoying. She kept making anti cop remarks at the fake cop. Whyyyyyy
>>
>>9158936
To show her ignorance? I can't take Sjws seriously when they believe the shit posted on tumblr and media. But the blind lead the blind.
>>
Most of the active members of my comm are fantastic and well dressed but there are also very many newbies and people not actually into lolita/other jfash.

>on event page for pastel jfash meet
>"Too bad I'm too pasty white to wear pastels"
>event pic is of very pale girls wearing pastels
>girl posts another pic of a really pale girl in pastels who looks really good and explains to her that pale skin looks really good with pastels
>"Oh well I'm probably too busy anyways."
>mfw I don't even know who she is or how she's in the group

We've also got a furry, a girl into ddlg (and I know because her profile says so on IG), and other people way too vocal about their private lives. Why do I even try?
>>
>>9157014
>Don't be a weirdo
>put yourself out there
Yeah, socially anxious shy people need not apply to the LA community. Sad but true, they have no sympathy if you're shy. Guess I lone lolita for life.
>>
>>9157558
>stepford wives
Anon please...
>>
Anything happening in Wales? I'm moving to Bangor in few weeks, be cool to know meet a few other lolitas
>>
>>9158379
Oh God I can only imagine how bad that gets during noob season.
>>
>>9158379
I went after one meet.... but they just posted their in store sale. So 100% worth. But I can't imagine doing this every time.
>>
Long shot but any lolitas from/near Greenwich? I'm moving there for uni and I'm bricking it
>>
>>9158936
I just remember that same girl saying "you forgot someone" when the host clearly said her brand.

Ah, does SJW's name begin with a D? But yeah, anti-cop girl was pretty annoying. The detective's not real for fuck's sake. Just shut up.

>>9159198
Oddly, I'm very shy and literally try to avoid conversation but people came up to me when I first came here. Those same people still approach me first despite me trying to not have them notice me because I don't want to make a fool of myself.

>>9158169
Jesus Christ. I think I was sitting near her during a few meetups. So glad she didn't talk to me.
>>
>>9159249
I just mean cookie cut outs of women who are either already happily married or are dying to get married and talk about loli wedding dresses and shit like that.
I have no interest in any kind of marriage, sorry.
If some of my friends get married, I'm not gonna attend unless it requires going out of state or something besides the wedding that is more exciting.
>>
>>9159502
I can't imagine why people aren't lining up to get to know you, anon.
>>
>>9159428
Uhh do you mean London?
>>
>>9159502
That doesn't sound anything like Portland?? I'm not sure what comm you're in but it's not ours.
>>
>>9159428
.......uhh yeah, I guess? Also like the greenwich/south london area specifically. I'm going to be attending greenwich uni so I'm wondering if there's anyone specifically in my area. I know about TPC but that's it.
>>
>>9159502
>If some of my friends get married, I'm not gonna attend unless it requires going out of state or something besides the wedding that is more exciting.
Ah, you're self absorbed, I get it now.
>>
>>9159539
Oh right, I forgot that there's probably a greenwich not in england as well. Ignore >>9159582 then.
Yeah, in london. Just kind of wondering whether there's a shared interest with anyone nearby
>>
>>9159551
This. Portland is weebs/autists/strippers. Who is a stepford mom? Are you the girl who always posts about Portland but isn't in the comm,?
>>
>>9159716
Portland's rent is too high, the people who can't move here have to pretend they live here
>>
>>9159720
Portland's not even that crazy expensive really
>>
>>9159737
Are you my landlord
>>
>>9159720
I can afford my rent just fine but I don't expect to live in a condo downtown either.
>>
>>9157603
where in ct? I just moved back and no one does anything!
>>
>>9159502
I'm not sure your "friends" would even invite you.
You sound like a total ass
>>
>>9159720
lol
>>9159737
this
>>
>>9159808
>>9159584
waaah why isn't everyone just thrilled to come to my boring narcissistic cuckfest? waaaah wah
ya'll are probably the basic bitches who have boring ass weddings but everyone has to go to them and there's not even an open bar. baka
>>
>>9159458
Yeah it's D-chan. She's so sweet in person when she doesn't talk about BLM or whatever so it's hard to avoid her/not be friendly to her. Completely insufferable online tho.
>>
>>9159833
Sounds like you're the basic narcissistic bitch who just wants what she can grab for herself instead of being there for a friend. Friendship is about compromise.
I don't even like weddings but I'd still show up if a friend wanted me to go. You're acting like you're above people when you're blatantly not.
Like seriously, drop the salt levels, you're dying alone, we get it.
>>
File: hes mad cause they like animu.jpg (532KB, 799x1155px) Image search: [Google]
hes mad cause they like animu.jpg
532KB, 799x1155px
>>9159833
>there's not even an open bar
Yeah, then I'd definitely be out, hah. I'm the OP of this convo btw.

>>9159925
What the fuck does marriage have to do with friendship? I thought it was about inviting your family to watch you stand through a fucking hour long speech and then make out for two minutes and then everyone drinks and it's a "party" except its forced.
I just seriously don't care for weddings. Most of my friends are already married and the ones who aren't... well I don't think they'll be getting there any time soon and they tend to be as cynical as I am when it comes to love.
Sorry but lots of people get divorced. It just seems silly to me. Not to mention I'm in Portland where everyone is poly. It's like having a relationship doesn't matter here. It's a casual hobby for people.

>>9159740
KEEEK. my landlord asked "if it was cool" to raise the rent as if we had a fucking option.

>>9159716
I keep hearing about these fucking strippers and have yet to meet them. These are the girls I'd be interested in hanging with.
I meet girls who are in school and are weebs. I'm not a fucking weeb so they talk to me about anime and I'm "that's cool mang" cause it's fine, I just don't watch the animus all that much.

Also don't mash up the wife and mom thing. I was thinking of two different people.
>>
>>9157149
May I ask how accepting you guys are to new people? I'm not new to lolita by any means but I've always been a lone lolita looking to attend more meets and make friends. I saw a few of you girls at Otakon this year but honestly the ones I tried talking to were very standoffish.
>>
>>9160065
this. I met a few lolitas that I recognised from a fairly large youtube channel and they were also standoff ish and almost a little rude.
I suppose a. I wasn't wearing lolita and b. I was new to the fashion, but you'd think if I recognised those people that would be evidence enough to show I'm interested in the fashion they'd think to try be friendlier. I would like to say they were shy/tired, but the vibe was pretty exclusive nevertheless
>>
>>9160057
> I keep hearing about these fucking strippers and have yet to meet them. These are the girls I'd be interested in hanging with.
Are you planning to go to any upcoming meets? I can tell you if they will be there.
>>
>>9160057

regale us anon, of how interesting your life is. I'd like to meet the most interesting anon in PDX, because it seems like we're all beneath you.
>>
>>9159770
I'll be in New haven. I have never been there before so I don't know what's in the area other then baby being a few hours away in New York. I'm from the west coast and barely know what's in the east other then snow and Amish people.
>>
>>9160065
>>9160097
Just because someone is more well-known than others doesn't mean they are somehow more obligated to be friendly and welcoming to every new comm member than anyone else.

On a personal level, my comm is known for being pretty welcoming. However, I don't prefer to go around talking to new people when I go to meet. I don't go to them often, and so when I do get the chance to attend I'll probably be trying to catch up with people I know but don't get the chance to talk to often. If someone I don't know wants to chat, I will of course talk to them, but I don't make a point of getting to know everybody in the community as if were some kind of social duty or something. Sometimes, people I don't know will come up and tell me they follow me on tumblr, or something, so this attitude probably makes me seem kind of unfriendly, but I suck at socializing anyway.
>>
>>9158046
Stepford Wives are brainless one-dimensional housewife robots with no personality of their own. Calling someone a Stepford Wife is calling them dumb and fake. Do you even know what you're referencing?

>>9159502
Yup, you're a cunt.
>>
>comm makes Halloween meet
>one girl posts asking if she can wear cosplay
I don't even know why this ita is in our comm, she's never been to a meet but posts pictures of herself in the comm in "lolita" alongside photos of half-eaten food.
>>
>>9160221
Wait what? When did they say they're the most interesting person in pdx? How did you get that they think they're above anyone from that post?
>>
File: reddress_zpsk2avornu.jpg (152KB, 1024x832px) Image search: [Google]
reddress_zpsk2avornu.jpg
152KB, 1024x832px
>>9160363
This my comm, anytime she posts and gets corrected she deletes her posts afterwards. I can't tell if she is disabled or young ?
>>
>>9160057
Wait you have friends when your that much of a bitter bitch? You sound like a 35 year old woman who just divorced her cheating husband and grumbles at others who are happy because she isn't. You may think your throne is made of gold above every one else. But you're just sitting on wood chair like the rest of us. Contain your bitterness. Love is obviously not for you. So enjoy your bitter hatred alone because that all you will be if you stay this negative.
>>
>>9160417
Haha she's definitely not young, don't you know she got married from the 1000 times she commented it?
>>
>>9160417
isn't she that person who kept on announcing that she couldn't go to this or so meet cause her wedding was [x] amount of weeks later?
>>
>>9160428
>>9160429
has she even attended a lolita meet ?
>>
>>9160417
>>9160428
>>9160429
I'm so sick of her using the comm as her blog, her excuses weren't even relevant half the time: 'can't attend because my wedding is in three months!!!'
>>
>>9160363
i really hope she doesn't think her cardcaptor cosplays are lolita
>>
>>9160432
from her blog posts on the comm page, no, looks like she hangs out with other girls who don't work during the week? I think the mods got rid of some her non lolita related posts
>>
>>9160363
I'm glad the mods shut her down, but I'm mildly curious on what she was planning on wearing.
>>
In PDX, the strippers are actually some of the nicest girls.

I think the worst are the fake-nice chans. Who act kind to your face then talk crap behind your back.

Also the girls who show up in hot topic. Like sweety no.
>>
>>9160447
me too
>>
>>9159376
Well for a sale it's obviously amazing and I won't even wait for a meetup to go there. Also I don't want any issues if I snatch an item before a good acquaintance. But this happens all year round, at almost every single meetup, even in a different borough!
>>
>>9160057
>Not to mention I'm in Portland where everyone is poly. It's like having a relationship doesn't matter here. It's a casual hobby for people.
oh god this
>>9160415
stepford mom is salty
>>9160454
who is fake nice-chan? There is a lot of gossip but I can only think of a couple of people I would label two-faced.
>>
>>9160302
You sound pretty bitchy.
>>
>>9160723
Why, because I don't want to personally initiate contact with every single person?
>>
>>9160302
>>9160732

I agree with you. I don't understand how a Lolita meetup somehow obligates me to become best friends forever with every new person that attends. I think it's up to the new person to make the effort; why on earth would I not choose to talk to my friends if they're there?
>>
>comm purges inactive members
>"if there's a mistake, just message one of the mods and we'll let you back in!"
>weeks later some people still can't get back in
>>
>>9157411
Last year there were party games and a best dressed contest. I think they're doing a raffle this year too.
>>
>>9160707
Who would you label as two faced?
>>
>>9160805
So have you tried messaging the mods
>>
>>9160862
....yes
>>
>>9160188
There isn't one until like Sept and I can't go to that one cause I work that day. Then there's one in Jan.. so months from now.

>>9160221
Like the other anon said, I never said I was. I'm definitely not. You're trying to stir up drama where there isn't any. If anything I'm looking for people more interesting than me.

>>9160427
>You sound like a 35 year old woman who just divorced her cheating husband and grumbles at others who are happy because she isn't.
This sounds like projecting. I've never been married and don't plan on it ever.
I have a relationship. My SO also doesn't want to get married.
I am bitter, but not about this, hah. Also again, for the 50th time, I'm not above anyone else because of my opinions on marriage.

>>9160362
Sorry, guess I meant desperate housewives?

>>9160454
>Also the girls who show up in hot topic.
Are you talking about the girl that was using the comm as her blog and probably messages everyone in the comm about her fucking hot topic alice dress?
I avoid all meets she goes to now.
>>
>>9160874
How many times have you tried messaging them
>>
>>9160805
I don't think you're talking about our comm but this does happen with us. Maybe re-read the rules and message multiple mods. But we also permanently kick out sissies and spammers and people suspected of scamming so maybe you're one of those.
>>
>>9160885
several people have messaged them over this. how many times are they supposed to message? is running a comm really that time consuming?
>>
>>9160935
And have they gotten a response? I feel like you're leaving out information just to complain about something.
>>
>>9160939
I'm also getting this vibe. I'm a mod of a comm and people will complain about the most bizarre stuff, it's like I'm there to get blamed for things.
>>
>>9157990
Is this soccer mom/cheerleader girl? What comm is she in again?
>>
>>9160878

why do you think that interesting people are even going to want to hang out with you?

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me
>>
>>9160939
>>9160946
No, this involves people I know who are lolitas and have been to meets and just aren't getting responses. Maybe you're a shit mod? What are they supposed to do, message every moderator ten times a day to rejoin a community they've been participating in for months?
>>
>>9160972
I'd hang out with her, but I'm also a bitter misanthrope, so.
>>
>>9160975
Idk anon it sounds like maybe they removed you and your friends because you're mean or dressed poorly or something? Maybe evaluate yourself first?
>>
>>9160975
You haven't answered my question and no I'm not your mod (lol). Did they give a reason? Are their messages being read? Maybe the girls are known scammers? Not sure why you're getting so upset
>>
>>9160989
.. I wasn't even removed. Is it really that hard to believe sometimes mods don't pay attention? Lol
>>
>>9160878
>I avoid all meets she goes to
You don't seem to go to many meets at all, actually. Maybe you should go to more of them and talk to more people before you go around complaining how everyone in the entire comm is too boring to please you.
>>
>>9160994
No reason, not read, no they're not scammers lol
Shit mod confirmed. It's everyone else's fault I'm lazy and don't do my job! Waah it's so hard being persecuted for doing this job I chose to do
>>
>>9160998
All I'm saying is maybe they were removed for a reason you don't know? No need to get so upset over what I'm assuming is a Facebook group.
>>
File: image.png (333KB, 357x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
333KB, 357x346px
>>9161005
Sorry you were kicked out of your comm, anon. I don't think I'd want you around either though.
>>
>>9161005
Facebook messages go to the "other" folder when you message someone you're not friends with.
>>
>>9161002
What is your issue, exactly? You seem to be stirring up drama all over this thread for no real reason. And no I'm not the anon you're replying to.
You have some issues. I really hope you're not in my comm. Do you even go to any meet-ups, or does that take away too much time from acting exceptional on 4chan? I'm really curious.
>>
>>9161008
The feeling is mutual, especially since you seem incapable of basic reading comprehension
>>9160998
>.. I wasn't even removed.
>>
>>9161010
Comm mod here, this is why I check my "other" folder regularly. It's not hard.
>>
>>9161008
>be comm mod
>member continuously stirring shit and talking smack behind other members back
>ban her for it
>do comm purge
>she claims she was deleted during the purge even though we banned her
>tells everyone we won't add her back because we're big meanies

You might want to find out the story behind things instead of believing anything.
>>
>>9161011

Any time any anon in this thread calls judgey-anon out there's an immediate reply about how they're shit stirrers.

No one is stirring shit, they're asking and giving legitimate advice.
>>
>>9161022
It's multiple unrelated people
But sure, maybe all the people who aren't letting back in are scammer spamming drama queen itas everyone secretly hates and is trying to get rid of. That makes a lot more sense than the mods just being lazy and not responding to people.
>>
>>9161031
Makes more sense to me
>>
>>9160975
If it's such a big deal why not contact the mods by tagging them in a status or something? Do you know nobody who is fb friends with the mods? Do they not have any fb friends? I feel like this could be solved in like 5 minutes instead of whining on 4chan.
>>
>>9161031
I'm not saying I'm in your comm, I'm saying don't just trust what you hear from people immediately.
>>
>>9161035
It's only a big deal because shitty mods love getting upset over how they're being unfairly persecuted by mean comm members and how hard it is to run a facebook group with 100 people
>>
>>9161049
Are you comm mods actually saying that or are you assuming they're posting in this thread?
>>
>>9161049
I don't even know what comm this is? My comm hasn't had a purge in ages. Lmao stay mad tho
>>
>>9161042
I understand your concern, but I think it's just moderators being busy and not responding. I have tried to join larger comms in the past and didn't get response for weeks.
>>
>>9161059
>>9161022
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 749x198px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 749x198px
>>9161067
>>
>>9161054
Not in my comm but it's a trend I've seen in others. Remember the Houston drama?
>>
>>9158119
Thanks for the summary, I was wondering how that meet went. Sounded like it could've been a giant disaster or a whole lot of fun depending on how it turned out.

D and C are hosting another big meetup next month so now that I know about D's personality and I already know C's I wonder how THAT one will turn out.
>>
>>9161076
I think you misunderstood. I don't mean my comm, but there seem to be a lot of mods in this thread who are quick to blame everything on comm members.
>>
>>9161087
I think you misunderstood both posts you quoted
>>
>>9160983
See, I knew I wasn't the only one.
Maybe I should've said there aren't any miserable pieces of shit and everyone's positivity is boring to me.
>>
>>9160785
That anon said she tried talking to people. Why's it so hard for you guys to believe girls will be snooty and unwelcoming?
>>
>>9161156
>>9161156
Because it's saltier than the dead sea in here right now.
>>9161035
>this could be solved in 5 minutes, why are you complaining on /cgl/? waste of time
>spend 30 minutes arguing about it
Never change /cgl/
>>
This is getting old fast...
>>
File: 2016-08-22_16.52.01.jpg (82KB, 1035x503px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-22_16.52.01.jpg
82KB, 1035x503px
>>9161265
>>
File: ScreenShot056.png (6KB, 429x75px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot056.png
6KB, 429x75px
>>9161002
Wait, why am I in the wrong for wanting to not be around people I don't like? That girl was messaging me non stop on facebook about shit that I do not give a fuck about. I even told her several times that I don't really watch anime or any other show she wanted to fangirl over.
Sorry but I'm fucking old and don't have time to waste. If you like watching fucking soap operas from the 70s, I'm not down. If you watch lesbian hentai from the 80s, I'm also not really interested.

God, I'm such an asshole for not enjoying things that other people like.

>>9161011
Did you mean to reply to them or me? Because that wasn't me.
Also I said I was going to take the other anon's advice and go to more meet ups whenever they happen.

>>9161026
I think I said it once but it was because I didn't understand where the one anon was getting the fake and dumb shit from.
I am biased against people who are married though, because I don't like marriage. And the poly thing but that's cause I accidentally befriended a ton of poly people here.
Also I'm the shit stirrer since I started this. I just didn't think there would be so much backlash because I said people weren't exciting.
And then people took that implication to mean I think I'm exciting? I don't. I've said so several times already.

Sorry if you guys think that because I have different interests that means I'm a fucking jerk who looks down on people. I was just trying to say that no one piqued my interest because we're too different. This shit got blown way out of proportion as always, thanks gulls.
>>
>>9161277
You sound awful. If I recognized you from these posts I would avoid you if you were in my comm
>>
>>9161293
Can you at least explain why someone is awful for not liking things other people like?
>>
>>9157725
Starts with an S. Does her first name end with a nie? Last name 2 letters?
>>
How's Central VA's comm?
>>
>>9161277
I was responding to them, I don't think you are stirring up drama as much as the people responding to you.
This thread is dumb fucking salty for no real reason. I doubt any of these people are in portland and that's if they're even part of a lolita comm at all, which isnt likely.
>>
>>9161410
Yeah, I was noticing the catalog and how many shitposting threads there were for the cosplay side of the board... I'm sure that's bleeding over.
>>
>>9159851
So I'm not the only one that was blown back by that. She seems so sweet in person and fun to talk to. Then I added her on facebook and wondered if I added the same person.

>>9161084
I'm scared to go desu. C doesn't seem like as big as SJW as D (I think?), but I don't want to say something that might somehow set them off
>>
>>9161309
There is a way to do so without being a complete cunt about it
>>
>>9161538
C is pretty big of an sjw but more an activist for the environment and animals. You won't see her get real crazy or anything, not like D does online. C is just really outspoken to the point of annoying, and doesn't take criticism well. The few times she posted to CoF she had temper tantrums over people offering concrit, even though she specifically said "open to concrit" and then bashed them in Spanish on her own fb as if ppl couldn't understand. She's in LA, one of the most likely places for someone to understand that language.

SM btw is very much all talk and no action, she got into a giant public argument with MossMarchen and then flounced apparently all the way from the east coast to the west. She's been well accepted here but if that kind of behavior happens a couple of more times the comm won't put up with her shit and she'll be left with L and V as her only friends. We don't really take to that kind of crap kindly.

R has all but disappeared although she seems to be trying to edge back in. She tried to make herself relevant by being a bitch, had a tiff with the Cholitas (who btw are a great group, dunno what's so questionable about them aside from the name which is a joke) and everyone just mostly ignores her. LA is good at putting up a polite front: I can guarantee you 99% of the comm would not give a damn if R disappeared and never came back. There isn't really even active hate. She's just not relevant and no one cares.
>>
>>9161309
It's because they coming on here and posting things that aren't even true. I don't think this person has actually been to any meets.
>>
My local comm hosted a "j fashion event" (convention) last year and it's just felt like a constant public burden since then. The mods run a gofundme (If every comm member donates $25 we'll meet our goal!)

Every meet is a fundraiser ($10 for an ice cream social at my house!) and the event had a $40 admission price tag last year on top of that.

It just feels like a public burden and it's driving me away from being friends with the girls that are really invested in the con because I'm not into being moneybagged constantly
>>
>>9161623
>>9158212
Thanks for all the accurate t, it seems like you know your shit. Glad to know R isn't going hunt me down and skin me or some shit. When I said questionable, that was a bit harsh. They're all very sweet and friendly with well ran meets, I just wish I could help out one or two of the mods with their coords.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x600px
How's the Alabama comm like? Work wants me to move to their Birmingham hq and I'd like to know what the lolita scene is like out there.
>>
>>9161554
I answered your question, idiot. The issue isn't with having differences of opinion but how you go about it.
>>
Anyone connected with any comm's in LA?
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 257x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 257x278px
>>9162817
I am but I saw your shitty thread and hilarious attempts at samefagging so I refuse to help you.
>>
>>9162820
Hi, I'm actually the person responding to you in the other thread and I was not OP.
I tried to explain this to you but then you just had to whip your epeen out about changing your ip like that is some amazing shit or something.
>>
>>9162839
>changing IP
>epeen
>changing IP

I didn't change it for you? You're an absolute retard. I do this all the time. You're the one at fault for

1. making a useless thread
2. not lurking more
3. being a fucking twat
>>
>>9162817
>>9162844
can someone explain to me wtf is going on
>>
>>9162861
A mistake that decided to shit up two threads
>>
>>9162799
Pretty active, about 1-2 meetups a month, most people are dressed well.
>>
>>9162861
Some new poster made an unnecessary thread and provoked HWC into a shitposting spree.
>>
Hi, actual OP lol, I love how you guys (>>9162820
) love being assholes for shits and giggles lmaooo. you're just being a cunt.

Why cant someone actually answer my damn question and not be a douche
>>
>>9162871
Because you are new and really need to spend some time reading the board without posting. This could have been avoided and you provoked our most relentless troll. You deserve no answer for bringing her here.
>>
>>9162871
because you're a retarded twat?

>>9162875
love you too boo
>>
>>9162875
how was I supposed to know that there was some infamous troll or whatever. everyones anonymous, its not like anyone can remember thousands of IPs
>>
>>9162871
I'd be happy to help you but I'm not affiliated with the LA comm.
It'd be nice if we could talk about in between comms tho....
>>
>>9162881
You really need to lurk. This is why we tell people to "lurk more." So you can get a feel for the board and what is acceptable here before posting so this stuff doesn't happen.

>its not like anyone can remember thousands of IPs

Please, please lurk more. I promise if you get a feel for the board you won't get such a bad reaction when posting. It is very obvious you are new here and that is frowned upon.
>>
>>9162881
No she's notorious for posting a certain way and has garnered a nickname. She gets mentioned all the time so if you did lurk, you'd know who om talking about.
No one is talking about ips other than her btw.
>>
Could someone please post the worldwide Google doc with the comm links? My new local comm has a FB fan page but not a group I can join so I'm hoping to find other nearby comms to visit.
>>
>>9162871
No one in that comm is going to like you anyway, you're too ita and efame obsessed. Why don't you go back to your blogs and youtube videos that lack sound and quality.
>>
>>9162985
Seconding this
>>
>>9160926
SF
>>
>>9163218
False but not a surprising guess.
>>
>>9163172
Link to blogs and YT? This sounds entertaining.
>>
What's the ATX comm like? I'm considering moving from NYC to Austin but lolita is a huge part of my life and I would miss my comm and all the tea places here so much. I joined the facebook group and lurked a bit and... well, NYC definitely shines bright in comparison.
>>
>>9161277
It really has nothing to do with your interests. Actually, I don't give two shits about what your views on marriage but you are no different than the salty cunts I have to deal with asking constantly why I am not married or engaged.

I mean, half the shit you say already makes you sound like a cunt and you don't even realize it
>>
>>9163772
I'm not gonna tell you to not get married though. Why are you aproaching this as if I'm an atheist?
You obviously get why I think those kinds of people are annoying, and it's because they'll ask me why I'm not getting married which is annoying and I shouldn't have to explain my choices and neither should you.

Again I don't see the part of this that would make anyone a cunt? Why do you assume this is the case and how does name calling make you exempt from being an asshole?
>>
>>9162275
Make your own meet ups?
That really sucks that they're trying to fundraiser every chance they get. Just for the comm or personal reasons?
>>
>>9163896
I originally was sympathetic to you because you said that you didn't feel like fitting in but all your replies after that just reinforce why you basically deserve to feel this way.

I won't look down on you because you choose to marry and if a friend wants to me to attend their wedding, I will go for support because they clearly think of my wanting to be a part of their occasion.

It seems like you dismiss anyone who decides to follow any sort of "normal" behavior and the worst thing is that you voice it out rather than respecting that they have a choice as much as you do. Wondering where all the interesting people are? Probably not wanting to talk to you because of how you are quick to judge.

You are not special. You are just like everyone else.
>>
>>9163939
They're trying to raise funds to host a j fashion convention next spring.
Luckily there's a parallel comm in the city where other meets are hosted, but it's still annoying to be badgered with invites and gofundme links in the comm fb group
>>
>>9163704
I've just moved to Austin and I'd also realty like to hear opinions on the ATX comm. Is there a lot of drama? how big are the meet ups? Things like that.
>>
>>9161623
SM "well accepted" ?
She made a damn fool of herself in front of everyone at a meet up. A couple more times for this type of behavior to be a problem? No anon. She's a trouble maker and I would advise everyone from LA comm to stay as far away as you can.

C needs to leave Lolita. She's too problematic for this community.
>>
>>9163944
I don't look down on them and I'm only biased for the reasons you stated -- can't imagine why I'd want to hang out with people that are drooling over lolita wedding dresses.
I don't think the people I'm talking about would give a shit of I didn't go to their wedding.

I am quick to judge to but it doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to give someone a chance? Also just because I'm judging, which I think everyone does, doesn't mean I don't want to be nice to the person. I'm nice to everyone I meet regardless if they're married or have kids.
But why would I try to spend more te outside of meetups with those people? I wouldn't.
>>
>>9162799
Almost everyone is delightful, almost never any drama. A hidden gem of lolita comms, imo. We have an Instagram tag: alabamalolitacoterie
>>
>>9164162
What has C done?
>>
>>9164306
She's the kind of person that makes really bitchy comments and then tries to play it off as a joke. She also has a bad attitude in general, won't take feedback, and seems to enjoy taking offense at jokes. She also had to one-up you in conversation.

She's just not a pleasant person to hang out with, in my opinion.
>>
>>9160447
>>9160537
Sakura, of course! And not the first time she got shut down, blessedly. She was kind of dog-piled by members when she tried to defend that stall selling the replicas as "making there [sic] own stuff".

I have a few mutuals with her, and her comments on their personal posts are equally as dumb, but no one seems to point it out.
>>
/cgl/, I'm frustrated with my comm. Meets are infrequent. A lot of people (not everyone but too many) are very cliquish and tend only to care their own friend groups. With few meets and a lot of closed off people, it's hard to make friends.

I would organize my own meets but I don't even think anyone would go.
>>
>>9164343
Damn. Avoiding her then.
>>
>>9164383
Can you give a general region you might be in? Sounds like my comm.
>>
>>9164383
>>9164456
Sounds like my comm, too. Sorry our comms suck, gulls.
>>
>>9163412
Not going to promote garbage on here. Especially since OP has a "there's no such thing as bad publicity" mindset. Bet she'd lavish in the attention regardless if people are laughing at her, vs with her

>>9164383
Same. I try my best to extend conversation but they always make me feel like I'm the intruder. I don't expect people to go out of their comfort zones for me, but at least meet me halfway. Social interactions are difficult for almost everyone.
>>
>>9164383
So then shut the fuck up and stop complaining
>>
>>9164343
Spot on.

Also loud as fuck which is annoying, but that's purely personal preference.
>>
>>9156404
underrated comment
>>
>>9162275
I get a fundraiser for covering costs for big events like the Chicago mega meet or for doing meets with a charitable cause, and I can absolutely understand people having to pay for reservations, but shit like the examples you mentioned is dumb and questionable af, even if it's for this

>>9164017
Are there any smaller meets sprinkled in between? Stuff like going out window shopping or checking out a local festival?
>>
>>9160265
i go to school in New Haven and live nearby. in general, CT meetups are sparsely attended. this is not unique to the lolita community, though. Connecticut is sort of infamous for being a "bedroom community."

despite that, New Haven has some really cool potential meetup places that opened recently, including a board game cafe with a (small) tatami room. the city is sort of like a mini-NYC, but with lamer parks and better pizza.

join the CT and NYC comms on FB, and come to RuffleCon if you can. there are a lot of cool people here, we're just too overworked, tired, and New Englandy to socialize readily.
>>
>>9164590
She always needs to be the center of attention. So I hate the fact that she's loud and obnoxious
>>
Really disappointed/sick of my comm. it's like the whole state went stale. One of the local cons kicked up dust so everyone has a take sides mentality. Meanwhile the fb page is filled with either snappy comments for no real reason or furries.
>>
1/2

>>9160265
>snow and Amish people.
The Amish are generally away from the coastal states, more into Pennsylvania and the Midwest. Connecticut has a strong Puritan heritage: work hard and close up liquor stores by 8PM. That said, it's not a very religious state. It is socially progressive, but fiscally conservative. Residents of the New Haven area are diverse and usually educated and often high achievers, no matter the income bracket.

People who move here from sunnier states seem prone to seasonal depression when fall comes around. the snow can be epic (3.5 feet in one night in the New Haven area back in '13), but the summers don't fuck around either. The whole East Coast is humid, and obviously further north will have better summers than the Southeast, but lately in the New Haven area the heat index (temperature plus humidity) has been peaking around 105F.

Speaking of fall, for New Haven specifically, the presence of Yale and other universities cannot be understated. People here use "Yalies" sort of the way we use "summerfags."

What all of the above means for the lolita community:

Summers are dead. Winters are almost as dead. Comm activity picks up in the fall when the weather cools and leaves turn, then drops off when universities hit midterms and finals. Comm members seem to typically either have a degree and a job or are working on a degree while having a job. There are itas and well-dressed people, but the New England fondness for privacy means you probably wouldn't recognize any of them. Drama is low-key. Meetups often happen at museums or historic sites; everyone is a bit of a nerd. There are academic nerds, art nerds, LARP nerds, and weeb nerds.
>>
2/2

>>9164682

Everyone who can afford to takes the Metro-North into New York for NYC events. The Baby/Tokyo Rebel store and various Japanese bookstores and bubble tea places are popular. Connecticut people usually go to Boston or New York for entertainment, and so does the Connecticut lolita comm.

In-state, the biggest lolita events are RuffleCon and ConnctiCon. The latter had zero official lolita programming, but lolitas came out of the woodwork like roaches for the unofficial swap meet. There are usually lolita vendors and artists at ConnectiCon as well, selling new and used brand, offbrand, overpriced Taobao, and handmade items. This says a lot about the default state of the CT comm: We may forget to run panels or have meetups, but we take commerce pretty seriously.

The staff of RuffleCon seem mostly committed to indie brands and haven't shown any interest in Kawaii Ambassador, efame-pandering type events. It's such an expression of Connecticut's small-town pragmatism. And, in keeping with the state's social liberalism, it's not even a lolita convention. It's open to all alternative fashion. A lot of comm members are involved in more than just lolita. (Remember the nerds? Well, there's goth nerds, steampunk nerds, kimono nerds, and other such fashion nerds in the comm.)

All in all, the comm is individualistic but undramatic, slow to action but hardworking: sort of neurotically pragmatic. If we seem distant or unfriendly, it's just the New England-New York hybrid culture Connecticut has. We don't think we're better than you; we just don't prioritize social activity that highly, unless there's a clear goal or purpose.
>>
>>9164162
SM is soccer mum yes?
>>
>>9164687
No, Soccer mom is SF Comm
>>
>>9164682
>>9164684
Ah this makes things really clear for me. I have family in Pennsylvania I have visited so I know the winters are pretty bad compared to what we get in Las Vegas and Arizona. But it's not something that will send me into a depression. I hate the sun shine happy cloud weather here so that adjustment seems lovely.

I'm actually only working in new haven but living in New York with family. So I'll probably try and join both comms considering they are close to one another. I'm looking forward to being near baby the stars shine bright. But I'm sure my bank account isn't.

Thanks for giving me a good idea what the states offer. Seems rather accepting and inviting as the western part where I'm currently at is more driven for efame it seems.
>>
>>9164618
how quickly everyone helped pay the extra for the mega meet made me feel really happy about my comm
>>
>>9164162

How did she make a fool of herself?
>>
>>9164900
Are you not reading the rest of this thread? Jesus fucking Christ...
>>
>>9164900
A good 75% of this thread is what goes down in the LA comms. Just read it before you ask.
>>
>>9165031
>>9165036
I can tell a lot of girls who don't into 4chan from the LA comm are here. Lurk moar faggots.
>>
>>9165031
>>9165036
>>9165059

I'm asking for elaboration. Maybe don't respond at all if you're not going to add anything??
>>
>>9160265
>Amish
more like Hasidic Jews.
>>
>>9164151
Not from Austin directly but I'm part of their fb comm, and they're probably the sweetest comm in Texas. Meetups seem to range between 5 and 20 people depending on what they are, the heads are nice, they're almost devoid of drama. They do have a lot of college aged kids though, and partner meetups with the local jfashion group run by some of the UT students. I wouldn't say they're the best of the best but they're super kind.
>>
>>9164499
>Social interactions are difficult for almost everyone.
I wish more people on /cgl/ would take this into account.
>>
>>9165198
>>9164499
maybe if you're autistic? Its not that hard
>>
>>9165095
Literally scroll up and read.
>>
>>9163181
I have it pulled up on my phone but can't find a URL. Anyone know where to find it? I'm on Android if that matters
>>
>>9165609
No, communication isn't perfect.
>>
>>9163944
Who gives a shit. Stop writing essays over this girl, that's way worse than whatever she's doing
>>
>>9165713
Well of course it's not. Only autists would expect it to be.
>>
>>9163704
I'm from atx and a lot of members have moved. We have a good core group of people in their 20s to early 30s but there's also this ita bored housewife clique that hangs around. They usually go do their own thing.
>>
>>9165130
Atx here again, the UT group has disbanded since people graduated. We still do stuff tho! Paired up with life junk it's been rough for a lot of us trying to make bigger meetups. But we are nice!
>>
>>9165130
>>9165864
>>9165871

Good to know! I'm a few months from making a decision on the move, so I might try to make a meet in December/January when I visit family for the holidays.
>>
>>9166250
Little OT here but Austin is a pretty nice city in general. Public transit isn't the best and Uber/Lyft have left the city but there are decent alternatives. But it's much cheaper than NYC, Chicago, California, etc. Good music scene, good food, etc. There's always something to do.

And the comm is nice--not extremely active but nice. You'd also be relatively close to SATX and not too far from Houston. Both of those cities have nice comms as well. And the Texas con scene is growing rapidly. We're getting a lot more Jfash guests at multiple cons. Best of luck if you decide to make the move!
>>
How is the Pittsburgh comm?
>>
>>9166273
Not all of CA is expensive. It's mostly the Bay Area and some of LA. Sacramento is still pretty affordable, as are other places up north and inland. The state is huge and a lot of it is still pretty empty.
>>
So is there any active local comm in the Southern Wisconsin area? I've been wanting to do some brolita stuff. I'm just terrible at color coordination.
>>
File: image.jpg (640KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
640KB, 2560x1920px
I feel so rude saying this especially because this girl seems so sweet but goddamn her FB posts are annoying. They're all reposts from her insta which isn't a big deal but her tags wall is just so annoying to see.
>>
>>9164235
'almost never' ?
>>
Would you go to a Bodyline Bowing meet? I was thinking about providing a pair of socks for each girl so the bowling shoes don't ruin theirs.
>>
>>9170720
Just tell them to bring their own damn socks.
>>
>>9170720
People have done it in the past, they're usually a casual lolita dress code; I would just suggest comm members to bring an extra pair of socks in case they don't want to ruin their own socks, that is, if they're brand.
>>
>>9167886
There's an active Milwaukee comm. I'm sure there are people who live south of it who attend their meets, and there's also a guy who wears lolita and ouji (maybe there are more, but I only know one). They're a friendly bunch, so I'm sure that they can all help you out.
>>
I found the spread sheet. But how's the central IL comm? There's a chance I'll be moving there if not visiting often. Is it better to just go to the St. Louis comm? And how are they?
>>
>>9170880
Central IL comm is pretty spread out, though it seems most are in the ISU area; and since there isn't a Southern IL comm, it ended up covering ground for those living down as far south as Carbondale. We often get visitors from the Quad cities as well since we're more active ( though less active than Chicago) than QCA. It definitely doesn't hurt to be part of more than one comm. Im part of the other IL groups as well.

Most members are recently added/new and/or lurkers, while a handful actually show up to meets, but at least it shows who are committed to the fashion. I think most members are in college. I wouldn't be too worried about itas or drama.

We're a pretty chill group. Most active members are also cosplayers, so our conversations are generally nerd related. We haven't had a meet up in a while because of weather and summer being con season, but we'll be checking out an apple orchard this month; we'll be stoked to have another lolita join in if you're in the area.
>>
>>9170724
>>9170725
I thought it would just be nice to do as the host to provide them.
>>
>>9165754
Don't cut yourself on the edge there, anon.
>>
>>9168041
there are more tags than actual post
>>
>>9170933
That is a nice thought. A cheap pack of socks is like 10 so just have the girls keep thier pair. Sounds like a very well thought touch.
>>
>>9171458
I thought you were exaggerating but no the tags are like 2x the length of the post and it seems like half wouldn't even be relevant to the picture.
>>
>>9170901
Thanks Anon. I'll be near Hannibal If I can stand living there. I'm a little worried because I'm from a big city (where beaches are close )and Lolita is a big part of my life/hobbies/free time. So I'll likely be joining any nearby comms and if anything visit a few times a year if I dont find a job/move there)
>>
Is there any comm in Indiana? Moving up there next week and kinda curious about the comms up there
>>
>>9172299
Depends on where you live. There is Indiana EGL and usually the Indiana lolitas are concentrated in Indianapolis and Bloomington. In NWI, the lolitas there join Chigothloli.
>>
Whats going on with the Houston lolitas?
I haven't really been active in about a little over a year, but know it's kinda split into two groups? Have been wanting to go to one of their events, but always have conflicting schedule or it ends up cancelled.
>>
>>9166273
Ok, I love Austin, but don't lie about the good food.

Anon she's replying to, Austin is absolutely beautiful, comm is nice people,
but I really hope you like vegan food, pizza or mexican.
>>
>>9164352
Oh and now she can't make the halloween meet , as if she was even going to attend in the first place.
did anyone see the other new girl with the purple wig ?
>>
>>9168041
Ugh, I have a "friend" that does this shit. Gurl why so many hashtags??
>>
>>9172593
Bad pizza and mexican and normal vegan food, at that.
>>
>>9172286
Oh wow, that's a ways out. You'll definitely have better luck with the STL/Missouri group. Idk much about the group except that most are concentrated in KC, STL, and Columbia.

I'm the same way about moving. It'd be great to move for a good career opportunity, but even better if there's a decent lolita community; it's always good to have friends or people to depend on for the move. If you were thinking about moving closer to my comm, most of the jobs would be in Champaign-Urbana because of the university and Allstate, otherwise, Chicago(land) has all of the jobs.
>>
>>9158951
Every comm has all sorts of types. The trick is to just shrug it off and ignore them. If they make you uncomfortable, avoid them or simply quietly and politely step them aside and explain that they are making you uncomfortable.

It honestly just sounds like you care a little too much about others lives. No one should have to change who they are, even if it is something you don't like personally. Take a break and focus on other aspects of the comm or your other hobbies and let yourself relax.
>>
How do you "politely" explain to someone that lolita isn't cosplay
>>
>>9173305
you just did
>>
>>9173305
But as a moderator with a "MUH BULLYING" ita
>>
>>9173312
Add a smiley face. eg: Lolita isn't cosplay : )
>>
>>9173354
Bitches love smiley faces
>>
>>9161277
Don't pay these posters any mind.
>>
>>9164235
That's really refreshing to hear. People just enjoying pretty dresses, no strings attached...
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.