[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of people who buy their cosplay instead of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Moe_Shop___Pure_Pure___cover.png (1MB, 790x790px) Image search: [Google]
Moe_Shop___Pure_Pure___cover.png
1MB, 790x790px
What do you think of people who buy their cosplay instead of making it? Assuming they don't take the credit for themselves and actually say it's bought.
>>
>>9149116
its okay if they are hot. I can fap better
>>
>>9149116
Look it the archives, this is asked all the time and the answer is still no on gives a shit unless you're trying enter contest or lie and shit

>or if you just look really really bad and bought something from China for $.99
>>
I don't really think there's anything wrong with buying a costume to wear to a con, but I firmly believe people who don't make their own costumes shouldn't be taken seriously as cosplayers.
>>
>>9149453

Honestly that's pretty narrow minded of you. Cosplay = costume play. Whether it's bought or not you are still a nerd in a costume and you are still a cosplayer. If it's bought just don't compete. To say they aren't considered cosplayers overlooks the entire definition of the word and community. Don't be an elitist.
>>
>>9149453
do you mean like constructing your own clothes out of nothing or are you only referring to 'putting together your own outfits'?
>>
is making your own clothes out of nothing practical and economical or would you need like a 'workshop' to make it happen?
>>
I don't mind. But this one girl I know buys all her costumes and people kiss the ground she walks on and says she's such a good cosplayer. Fills me w salt. At that point it's less about having fun and more about taking as many selfies to get the most amount of social media follows.
>>
>>9149488

100% agree. There is nothing more annoying in the hobby. All these high follower accounts and all their content is half-assed makeup posts of pop culture (homestuck, su, etc.) And clearly lq purchased cosplays but yet they treat them like cosplay royalty it's nuts lol.
>>
A lot of times it doesn't even matter if you sew or buy so long as you k ow the right ppl. I've seen several cosplayers that know others with bigger followings and became popular by association even though they're skill for sewing is extremely low. I've also seen a lot of bought cosplays claimed as handmade when you can tell by their other work that their skill is nowhere near factory production levels lol
>>
It's fine

But don't claim you made it or enter it in competitions, that's just being an asshole
>>
I used to care and I would look down on people who bought their costumes.
I used to think they were lazy and untalented and I was way better than them because I made my costumes.

When I stared to grow up, I realized that it actually doesn't matter. People get popular for all sorts of reasons. Tits, sexy Cosplays, their craftsmanship, their photography, whatever. But it mostly boils down to personality. Nobody likes a cunt.

So whether you buy or make your costumes, I don't give a fuck as long as you're fun to be around.
>>
The only people that really care are usually just being bitter. If it's a good cosplay, it's good. Regardless of whether or not it was handmade or bought online.
>>
>>9149525
>>9149541
This.
Look cute and be cute
>>
Nothing wrong with it so long as you don't take credit for them. Some people are plain terrible at anything crafty so it's better they buy costumes instead of walking around in a sloppy mess.

That being said, I'm not going to be like "that's the best cosplay of _____ I've ever seen!" if they didn't make it at least partially themselves.
>>
Buying cosplay is cool, there's a whole lot that goes into cosplaying that isn't about the clothes you choose to wear.
That being said, unless it was an absolute disaster, I tend to automatically be more impressed by cosplayers who make their own costumes. Only because I know the amount of effort that goes into that kind of thing.
>>
I actually just recently bought my first cosplay. It's nice having only spent 60-70 bucks for something instead of making it and spending a shit ton of money. It came in, and while it isn't the BEST quality, it's still pretty nice.
But your answer is basically what everyone else has been saying. I just wanted to share because I'm excited to wear it.
>>
>>9149479
I didn't say that they shouldn't be considered cosplayers, just not taken seriously as them. Putting on a costume takes zero skill or talent, I don't think it's elitist to say they shouldn't be taken as seriously as people who make their own. Not to mention...
>don't be elitist
>on /cgl/
>>
>>9149116
Thanks for posting that album cover. I'm really loving the groovy beats on this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.