[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makeup General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 37

File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
Old one autosaged: >>9110185

> Favorite Western makeup brand/product?
> Drugstore?
> Asian?
> Worst makeup product you've ever used?
> Favorite makeup artist?
> What makeup product do you think should be in everyone's makeup collection?
>>
does any aus anons know if sephora is going to restock moonchild?
>>
Can anyone suggest a good inexpensive eye-shadow brush set? I'm also looking for a new face powder brush too.
>>
>>9138770
Would any of the shades in this be a good dupe for the venus palette? It seems to have some reds though they are more pink looking, a similar orange and pearl shades.

What's quality of ABH like compared to LC Venus, too faced and morphe?
>>
>>9138985
Real Techniques has a decent set for like $20 in the US. I'm kind of eh about the brush types they give you though, they could probably have a bit more variety/ swap out the two 'accent' brushes. But I do use the crease brush regularly and the brow brush is great. I very much like their face setting brush though, it's small but excellent at applying a light layer of powder and also highlighter.

I've seen people recommend the Eco Tools sets, but I haven't tried them for myself.
>>
What's a good palette under 25$ with j-fash style pinks (and where to source it best in the US - I'm thinking brands like etude house, which I've never bought outside vacation) Western palettes are always so dark.
>>
Can I ask how people deal with oily skin breaking through makeup? I use primer, setting powder, setting spray, etc, and my nose is still shiny and oily minutes after all is said and done.

I'm not sure if I can even fix it, since my nose even feels oily minutes after washing, no matter what I do.

I've tried patting oil off with those oil sheets, but it seems to take makeup off more than the oil. I'd need to wipe to get all the oil off, but the makeup would be gone long before.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>9139246
You might want to switch up what cleanser/toner/moisturiser you're using. I had the same problem, so I started skipping out on moisturiser and using a super strong cleanser that made it even worse. Long story short, try and swap things up and get a really nice oil free moisturiser (I've been using the Olay complete defense sensitive version which has helped my skin even out oil-wise).
>>
>>9139246
Do you use products that are meant to handle oily skin? Urban Decay's De-Slick setting spray works pretty well.
>>
>>9139253
I barely use any skin care products right now, so I'm not sure where to even start. I use oil-free face towelettes for wiping my face at work, and sometimes a neutrogena moisturizer, but it feels like the second my face begins to sweat, the moisturizer lifts off my face like a film? It's hard to explain, but it feels like the moisturizer sits on my face like a plastic veil, making my sweat bead and stay in place. I work a physical labor job, so it's the grossest feeling and I end up wiping the moisturizer off so I don't feel that. It's the same thing with sun screen. I'll see if I can find that product in store, does it sit on your skin or does it actually feel like it's being absorbed?

>>9139256
I have combo skin, the only oily part is my nose. My cheeks/jaw are dry but the rest is normal. I'll try out that product and see how it treats my skin, thank you!
>>
How do I get that nice glowy skin without looking like I caked makeup on, while on a budget? I have combo skin and I've been breaking out a little lately due to stress and I want to try foundation but in the past it always looked caked on even in the tiniest amounts, like it just didn't work with my skin. I exfoliate enough that my skin is soft/smooth other than the random little break outs around my jaw and chin. I just want more natural looking coverage because I don't like wearing much makeup
>>
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you wash your sponges?
I was thinking of just making a dish soap/water solution and squeezing the sponges in there for a bit. Is that okay?
>>
File: clarisonic cleansing.jpg (326KB, 853x1004px) Image search: [Google]
clarisonic cleansing.jpg
326KB, 853x1004px
>>9139339
Baby Shampoo on brushes and sponges works great!

>>9139331
Depending on what fondation you're using it could look cakes on while only using a little bit. Honestly, I never had a good time with drugstore foundations or mascaras and find that investing in more expensive products allow you do look your best with minimal effort. I'm using Lancome's Teint Idole Cushion right now and it is a dream for combination (oily) skin. It does on very natural and becomes naturally dewy after a few hours on my skin.

>>9139265
Do you exfoliate? I would recommend a clarisonic, it's literally the best investment for your skin (pic included) and pick up the saofoam green CeraVe and you're skin will be super clean and balanced.
>>
>>9138985
Mine are all mixed and matched, so I couldn't say, but E.l.f. has a whole new, beautiful, looking line coming out. Im planning on getting the whole set. It would only be $28 and the people who have reviewed them so far [even if paid, oh well], say they are better than they have ever been. One chick who I follow does testing with them on glass sheets and they blend liquid and powder and they work just as good as some higher end brands, so I'm really excited to have a new set.
>>
Anyone have recommendations for hypoallergenic brands for extremely sensitive skin? I've never worn make up because of the allergy issue - I'm sensitive enough that over the counter sunscreen makes me break out - but I figure there has to be SOME sort of natural product that's usable. Google results are a little overwhelming, and I don't know which sources to trust.

Not necessarily for daily use, but for going out to special events and cosplay.

I don't have particularly dry or oily skin, and I'm fortunate enough to be clear of any major blemishes and don't have an acne problem (without using any type of skin care routine). Tone wise, I am extremely pale.
>>
>>9139331
Without knowing what you've tried, its kind of hard to give advice about what will work for you. But in general:
>find a good primer that works well with your skin.
I like Smashbox's photofinish, I think it gives me a nice dew-y look for my combination skin.
>try a different foundation formula.
If you've used full coverage foundation in the past, try a BB cream or something that offers buildable coverage. Alternatively, if you've liquid foundation in the past, try switching to a powder or mousse. I found that mousse foundation looks much nicer on me than powder, for example.
>try different tools.
Getting a beauty blender dupe was a game changer for how my make-up looked. If you're used to using your fingers, maybe try out sponges or a brush.

Honestly you just have to try stuff and see what works for you. Drug store aren't terrible, just look on review sites to see what other people are saying about the product you want to try.
>>
File: e.l.f.-Precision-Brushes.jpg (59KB, 1207x679px) Image search: [Google]
e.l.f.-Precision-Brushes.jpg
59KB, 1207x679px
>>9139376
And look how freaking pretty those handles are! I also like that they are light bristles, so I can tell when they are clean or not [as I don't wear that much makeup, so I don't wash my brushes every day].
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for products to stop glasses/sunglasses rubbing your makeup off? I always end up with a curved line under each eye where my sunglasses sit on my cheek. I use Revlon colorstay foundation which i find has good staying power generally, but if comes off on my sunglasses. I'm guessing its a finishing powder/spray i need, but i don't know what's good. If it's something that's easy to get hold of in the UK that would be great!
>>
>>9139380
I use Ponds, Neutrogena, St. Ives and Aveeno. I have eczema and freckles and my skin is usually toned red even though I am pale as hell, so I have very sensitive skin too. I switch between the brands depending on what kind of night cream or day cream I need for the moment since my skin changes throughout the year. Here's a little routine:

Day:
>wash
Simple Cleansing Micellar Water [do this before washing my face to get all the sebum off from the night. I swear by this stuff. I just recently go in to it and hooooly shit. For about $5 per bottle, best buy. Take off all my makeup, very hypoallergenic, cleanses the skin if you are too tired that night without your face feeling sticky which makes it easy to just apply face cream if you want to just do this and that at the end of the day]
Aveeno Ulra Calming Foaming Face Wash
>cream
Neutrogena Deep Moisture Day Cream with Sunscreen SPF 20
[This doesn't make you sticky or oily. It goes on so nicely and sets matte with little to no sunscreen smell either and it really does keep you hydrated. My face always feels so soft when I use this as a base, even when putting makeup over it]

Then makeup if I wear makeup. I honestly have mix matches of everything for makeup, so Im not going to bother listing anything.
>>
>>9139392
Night:
>wash
Neutrogena Foaming Face Wash OR Aveena Ultra Calming Foaming Face Wash
[This depends on if I have some hard to get off makeup on my eyes as the Neutrogena does a good job of getting what my makeup remover couldn't get off, but lately its only been the Aveeno since the Simple Cleanser has been AMAZING]
>exfoliate
St. Ive Green Tea Scrub
[This stuff, if you can find yourself a large bottle, not a sample bottle from Target, is sooo nice. I do this about twice a week and its a very lightweight exfoliant with very fine texture. I prefer this so much more than larger beads/sands - really not sure what it is. I do have a St. Ives Oatmeal and Shae Butter Scrub, but I don't use it too often. Maybe once every two weeks]
>mask if you feel like you need one. No recommendations for that, sorry.
>cream
I switch between PONDS Rejuneness Anti-Wrinkle Cream and Aveeno Ultra-Calming Night Cream. Both are really good, so I have been doing the wrinkle cream on my eyes and around my smile lines and my forehead [yeah yeah.. face cream on eyes. This shit works] and then Aveeno everywhere else. My face feels so soft and the Aveeno really helps with my redness. Especially after exfoliating. If I feel like I am breaking out I will skip all that and go to bed with Clean & Clear Acne Control Moisturizer for a day or two and it clears up anything so damn good, but I don't have to use this often since my normal routine does a great job as is.
>>
>>9139212
I have the Eco tools set and they're really nice for inexpensive brushes. I also picked up some Wet N Wild brushes for cheap that are surprisingly great.
>>
>>9139265
It absorbs in really well, at least on my skin. I'll use it as a base for bb creams that tend to be streaky since it helps blend it it, but it doesn't leave a filmy feel like other one's I've used. (Also it's 30 spf which is a bonus!) I'd recommend starting with a really gentle cleansing routine, I'm currently using a biore charcoal cleanser and alcohol free toner which seem to work well enough, but any decent brand that's for sensitive combination skin should do a decent job.
>>
>>9139384
It could also be an issue that your glasses are too heavy. I have this happen to me with heavy frames no matter what foundation and setting method I use.
>>
>>9139265
Ive never had that issue with my Neutrogena Deep Moisturizing Day Cream with SPF 20 and I work in a bakery. Its always hot as fuck in there.
>>
>>9139366
>>9139381
I've tried a few different things and even had them match me up to a few at Sephora and even then, it just looked so cakey and weird. I even tried a bb cream back when it had just come to stores where I live and it was a little better but still didn't blend very smoothly into my skin, and any powder type of foundation just looks really bad. I get oily on my nose and chin but the rest of my face can be kind of dry so I moisturize two or three times a day depending on how my skin feels that day. I don't mind spending a bit on a foundation when I'm able to, but I've just been kind of scared to do it also, since I'm afraid it won't work out and I won't be able to use it. When I was at Sephora they used two different foundations, not sure what they were, and then a bb cream and concealer but just a few minutes after they applied it, it was cakey and I had creases under my eyes.
>>
>>9139234
I've used blushing nude palettes. Obviously the UD one is out of your price range but there are tons of dupes out there. Or you could just pick up single pans or quads in shades you like, L'oreal has some nice pinks and so does Nyx.

>>9139265
Try new moisturizers, anon. You want one that absorbs completely into the skin, if it's sitting on your face like that it is t doing any favors. if you're really oily yet simultaneously dry, a facial gel could be your friend. Garnier and most drugstore skincare companies sell them, or try a pure aloe vera gel--just make sure it's 100% aloe with no alcohol in it.

>>9139331
I agree with the other anon about trying new tools, either a good foundation brush for stippling or a beauty blender
>>
>>9139441
When you say cakey, do you mean its too thick on your skin? If that's the case, I would urge you to try BB creams again.

It sounds like you have a Sephora nearby, so use them. You can get samples from them of more expensive brands. They want you to like stuff, that's why they give samples. And if you do buy something you don't like, you can return it. Yes, even open stuff you've used.

I also don't know what you told them when you went and got your make-up done, but I'd recommend going back and telling them exactly what you told us. Write down or take pictures of the stuff they use on you so you can figure out what works and what doesn't.
>>
>>9138770
>> Favorite Western makeup brand/product?
>> Drugstore?

Definitely Makeup Revolution London. It's cheap, always comes up with great products (mostly dupes) and the quality is good on average. Their powders are pigmented as fuck and their Viper mascara is now my HG mascara. I highly recommend their priming spray and the makeup sealer/fixing spray. Their powder contour palette is a dupe of ABH and I have been using all the mentioned products religiously.
(https://www.tambeauty.com/en/Revolution-Makeup/cc-15.aspx?tamReferer=MUR)

>> Asian?

Shiseido. Expensive as fuck but nothing comes close. Their eyebrow powder is the only makeup item I can justify spending 45€ on. It's tiny but it's been with me for 2 years now. Never going back to a different brand for this specific product.
(pic related)

>> Worst makeup product you've ever used?

MAC liquid eyeliner. It's soggy, color isnt solid and the brush/felt tip is fat and useless. It smears too easy and it's not worth the 20€

>> Favorite makeup artist?

PONY. She makes videos that are easy to understand and uses a wide variety of products including drugstore ones. I love how her makeup items always show signs of frequent use, it goes on to show that she really uses the products listed on her video and not for show/endorsement like other YouTube MUAs do.
(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-_4GqC-yLY1xtTHhwY0hA)

>> What makeup product do you think should be in everyone's makeup collection?

Makeup Revolution's Aqua Priming Spray. I can't do my makeup without it anymore. It makes a perfect base and my makeup goes on super smooth on top of it. I shudder to think about running out of stock.
(https://www.tambeauty.com/en/Makeup-Revolution-Aqua-Priming-Base/m-1588.aspx)
>>
>>9139456
It's like if you put really cheap face paint all over an orange or something. It looks really fake, thick and doesn't really blend into my skin or sit well
The closest Sephora is about two hours away but I visit my grandma who lives close to it so we visit every now and then. I mainly just want some coverage and a clean slate so I can actually use highlighters and blush without it looking so bland and lazy, because without foundation it just doesn't look good in my opinion. Any recommended bb creams to ask them about? I told them the same thing I've said here but the one who was messing with my makeup looked like she had emptied an entire bottle on foundation on her face and smeared it around with her hands, so that probably wasn't good.
>>
>>9139464
I personally use Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for everyday wear, but I don't know that it will be your holy grail. The coverage is really light and it has SPF, which is why I like it. Its also like $8 at any drugstore.

Unfortunately in western make-up, the caked on, super contoured look is really in right now, so I'm not surprised that the Sephora employee looked like that. I guess look at the people in the store and see if you like anyone's make-up and try to get them to help you?

Good luck.
>>
>>9139464
You might have gotten the wrong undertone (yellow instead of pink, for example), if it looks bright orange. You might also have gone a few shades too dark- try one a couple of shades lighter, and use a good primer so it goes on more smoothly.

If the BB cream is still too cakey, mix it with a bit of face cream and go over it with a beauty blender. It'll even it out and should get rid of the cakey look. You might have to go over it a few times though.
The best thing to do is try out BB creams at a drugstore. My holy grail is the Miss Sporty BB cream, it works just as well as my YSL foundation and is a lot cheaper. It's super sheer compared to the other western BB creams I've tried- they tend to be way too creamy and thick.

If you can't find anything that works try an Asian BB cream. You can get a ton of legit samples for cheap on eBay and they're much easier to apply and blend. Just stay away from Etude House's Cotton Fit BB cream, it cakes like you wouldn't believe.
>>
What does everyone think of lip scrubs/exfoliators or lip masks?

I have dry lips all the time and a worker at sephora recommend them. Are they just gimmicky or does a homemade honey and brown sugar scrub not have the same effects?
>>
>>9139548
It depends on what lip mask. The question you're asking is too broad. I personally would start out with a homemade one and if that does the trick stick with it, but if not extend your attempts to ones you can purchase. No one method works for everyone.
>>
Does setting powder/spray work on lips? My lipstick always wears off really quickly.
>>
>>9139568
Use lipliner, then your lip product, then put a tissue on your lips and apply powder very lightly to your lips through the tissue.

I also swear by Lipcote, although it works best with matte lip products.

Lipliner does a really good job of holding onto lip stuff though. I usually have two in my purse, one in nude and one in rude and those work for all of my lip stuff.
>>
>>9139464

I have this problem with a lot of foundations- they just cake and look bad. Unfortunately I'm more or less restricted to one foundation because of reasons, and it caked like a motherfucker, but I've made it work.

The first thing is- don't use too much. They almost always use too much at Sephora. Use way less than you think you need. I spread some in a circle on the back of my hand to thin it out and just apply it with the blending sponge from there, or dab very thin dots of foundation all across my face and blend it in- both work just fine, but I think the latter method gives me more coverage.

Second thing that helped is, as someone mentioned, primer. I have dry skin that "flakes" under foundation super easily. Smashbox's hydrating primer was okay. The one I'm using now is Banila Co. Hydrating primer and I like it.

The application tool is super important too. No matter what brush or sponge or blender I used, it wasn't great. Turns out that damp cushion air puffs (the rubycell kind with CC/foundation cushions- they're dark blue) work really well! The best though for me is Pony's pebble blender dampened.

And of course, being well-moisturized and exfoliated.
>>
>>9139568
>My lipstick always wears off really quickly.
Have you tried sucking less dick?
>>
>>9139602
Have you tried being less of a dick?

>>9139568
Is there any reason it wears off? I used to drink a lot of water from a water bottle, but i switched to one with a straw and it prolonged my lipstick wear time by a lot.
>>
What does everyone think of Nyx (as far as western brands go)? They just opened up in a store in my city and friends who have tried them before said that most of their stuff is pretty good.
>>
>>9139680
For cheap stuff its pretty good. I'm a big fan of their lip stuff.
>>
>>9139560
Because it was suppose to be general in a way. I understand no one method works for everyone, but was just wondering if anyone had any products they genuinely liked so I could try some out.
>>
>>9139680
NYX is the only drugstore brand I buy. I like to use their jumbo eye pencil in white if I'm priming my eyelids for bright eyeshadows. I also like their lipsticks. They're pretty buttery, and though they're not super pigmented, they still have a great color payoff. I'm not a fan of their eyeliner, but then again I'm super picky with eyeliner.
>>
>>9139680
Most of it is drugstore level, some of it is really outstanding for the price, and some are failures. Best to find stuff that interests you and check reviews or check out lists for NYX holy grails. I would say they're better priced than drug store with a higher amount of good quality products.
>>
Anyone have experience with the IT Cosmetics CC Cream? I am currently using Urban Decay's One And Done and it's just okay.

>>9139680
I've heard a lot of good things about their lip creams. I like their individual shadows for when I need a brighter/crazier color but don't want to shell out a lot of $$$ for something I won't use super often. The ones I've tried are pretty pigmented with good staying power (with primer and setting spray). With all that said, yeah it's drugstore-tier but still pretty decent, considering.
>>
I'm just starting to get in to makeup. I'd like to wear a little bit every day, just enough so people will notice that I care about my appearance. What products should I consider wearing?
I have cc cream, pencil eyeliner, lip gloss and mascara.
>>
>>9139930
I just got that cc cream, and it's alright. It doesn't apply that well with a damp beauty blender imo; the coverage becomes very sheer. I like putting it on with a brush or patting it on with fingers on areas that need more coverage. It seems to emphasize my dry spots on my nose though, but it might be because of the sunscreen I'm wearing underneath
>>
>>9139977
I forgot to mention, but the tone is very yellow based, at least for the lighter shades. I have it in fair and it suits my Asian skin tone pretty well (NC15). I think I'd recommend getting the illumination one instead of the original one, as the original looks pretty unnatural/a bit cakey
>>
>>9139590
>>9139533
>>9139468
Thank you guys! There's a store here that sells a lot of random imported items for super cheap and they sell beauty blenders, brushes and sponges for super cheap so I'm going to try and pick up a blender and test it out. Once I'm able to go to Sephora ill get a few samples of foundation and bb cream. There's only one girl that works there that doesn't really look like she dunked her head in foundation and she helped me find a face mask for my skin type the first time I went, I'm hoping she'll be there so I can ask what she uses! Her makeup is always so clean and not way over the top.
>>
Opinions on the new Twofaced/KVD palette that's coming out?
Also, recs for beauty blogs to follow? I like reviews with clear pictures and I don't instagram. I like the musingsofamuse blog so far. And I'm watching Wayne Goss on youtube for info and reviews, are there any other channels I should subscribe to?
>>
>>9138770
This palette is fucking gorgeous. I love every single color and find it to be so beautiful. Anastasia has amazing shadows. I was disappointed by their cream contour though.
>>
>>9139548
lip scrubs and exfoliators have always never done much for me, I guess because my kind of dry lips aren't the "surface" sort of dryness that can be scrubbed away really easily, but something a bit deeper - so instead of exfoliating, I focus more on moisturizing. beeswax dries me out more, so I switched to vegan lip balms for the day (hurraw products are amazing) and vaseline's rosy lips for overnight conditioning, and now my lips are the smoothest they've been in months.

>>9139339
I squirt brush soap directly onto the darkest patches and rub it in while they're damp, then swirl them against my palm. don't use those rubber brush-cleaning eggs on them, it'll tear them up (speaking from experience, RIP old RT sponge).
>>
>>9140302
You know, when I first saw it yesterday I felt really "meh" about it, despite those being my two favorite brands. On a second look I'm liking it a little more, but the colors still don't wow enough to get me to drop $65 for them. On a concept level it gets an A+, at least!
>>
Any foundation/bb cream recommendations for yellow tinted skin tone? Most turn out too pink or muddy-colored on me.

I would prefer a common "drugstore" (basically from Walmart or Walgreens) brand because I live in a small town with no Sephora store and my mail service isn't very trustworthy to order online.
>>
>>9138996

All of the ABH shadows in that specific palette are seriously super creamy and pigmented. I've only had issues with one of the shimmery shadows having fall out but it's not any worse than shimmers from other companies.

I don't own Venus but I work in a store that sells it and Modern Renaissance. It's definitely chalkier than MR but still highly pigmented and blendable. Venus is all matte colors I believe but MR has a few shimmers.

I like ABH's shadows better than Too Faced by far-- I honestly think Too Faced is kind of shitty even if their packaging is really cute. If I had to pick between Morphe and ABH for individuals, I would pick Morphe because they're cheaper and ABH's quality in their individuals tends to vary from shade to shade, but they do have a lot of colors that I love.
>>
>>9140302
idea and packaging is cute, but the shades are pretty meh.
>>
>>9140342
I'm in love with the packaging, but the inside isn't wowing me. I think it's interesting that there's a red shadow on the KVD side though. I will probably get it still because I am a sucker for cute packaging.
>>
>>9140349

What shade are you? If you don't know the MAC system, what foundations have you tried? Are you typically fair/light/medium/dark/etc?
>>
>>9139952
Go a little bit at a time. Start out with just mascara and lip gloss and just wear that until you get used to how they feel on you. Then apply pencil eyeliner once you get comfortable with makeup. Lastly, if you feel like your face is uneven skin-tone wise, then apply CC cream. Once you feel comfortable with applying makeup completely on your face, then start experimenting with makeup looks from there.
>>
>>9140302
I like Klaire de Lys's stuff. She has a YouTube channel under klairedelys, and she has her own blog as well.
>>
>>9140311
OP here. I got the Modern Renaissance palette recently. Before, I used to use only Urban Decay palettes for everyday looks, but now I pretty much only use the Modern Renaissance palette. I switched back to UD for a look today (specifically the Gwen Stefani palette), and I found that their eyeshadows aren't as blendable as ABH's. I was surprised. Their powder contour palette is pretty good, though the highlight colors don't have very good payoff at all. I'd rather use some of the Modern Renaissance shades as highlight colors.

Speaking of which, any reviews on ABH's Moonchild palette? I have never contemplated getting a palette solely dedicated to highlight colors before, but after experiencing the quality of their Modern Renaissance palette, I may go for it.
>>
Does anyone have any Tarte powder products? I have one of their Amazonian clay blushes, and I'm honestly not impressed with it at all. It doesn't have great color payoff, and I feel like I have to apply layers of blush in order for it to show. I've gotten drugstore brand blushes with better payoff before.
>>
>>9140374
I've heard that all of their glow kits and highlights are beautiful. I've swatched them in the store and found them really beautiful and very wearable. I didn't buy it though since there were other things I needed more, but I would eventually love to get their highlighters.
>>
>>9140368
My shade is usually the "Ivory" or "Classic Ivory" (W2 on L'Oreal's shade chart) or the lightest warm undertone shade.

I don't know the MAC system (definitely checking it out though), but currently I'm using almay's tlc "buff" (but it's causing me to break out)
I've tried L'Oreal and Maybelline but both are still too pink/ruddy (except for Maybelline's age rewind neutralizer concealer)

I'm typically "fair/light"
>>
>>9140457

As an aside, L'Oreal brands (including Lancome) always oxidize much pinker on me. Wearing a foundation that's too light can make you look pinker too, I think.

Anyway. Flower foundations at Wal-Mart run on the yellow side I think. They have several different formulas, including a BB Cream. Also Rimmel Match Perfection in I think Ivory or True Ivory is yellow from what I've seen. Maybe have a look at those?
>>
File: 03702.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
03702.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
Any opinions on Lush products?
>>
Makeup Revolution makeup seems to get pretty good reviews here, but how is their application stuff? As in the sponge blender and brushes? I want to get some stuff for my niece who is just getting into makeup, and i want it to be decent quality but inexpensive, as i'm sure she won't look after it too well!
>>
>>9139658
yes, drinking makes it wear off faster. but I saw people whose lipstick didn't wear off, even after drinking multiple cups of tea (they didn't use a straw, lol). I've never asked them what lipstick they use, but is it possible it is from a more expensive brand? I've noticed almost no difference in most drugstore brands.
>>
>>9140910
Half their scents are trying way too hard and the fact that they put menthol in skin products shows they are marketing to idiots. Also a lot of their hair masks are runny as hell.

You can find nice stuff there, but it's not as great as hype would lead you to believe.
>>
>>9140910
>>9141083
I like a couple of their solid perfumes and one of the lip scrubs (i think it was the bubblegum one), but ugh i used their 'Mask Of Magnaminty' once after it was given to me as a gift and it made my skin break out SO badly. It's the worst product-caused breakout i've ever had
>>
Which neutral pallettes are your guys' favorites? I'm looking for one that I can also use for cosplay for characters that need a more natural look.

Additionally, I'm really struggling to cover up the bags under my eyes (working graveyard shifts doesnt help either) and I was wondering if theres any products I can use to cover it up. Like, no amounts of concealer or foundation or anything works well enough and people still point them out ):

I'm still pretty new to makeup so anything helps.
>>
>>9141133
Too faced chocolate palette all the way.
>>
>>9140910
If you have sensitive skin, don't use them. Everything is super heavily scented and their cosmetics are nothing special. I have really tough skin so I can use all their bath bombs with no problem, but they made my sister break out horribly.
Tooth tabs and the bubblegum lip scrub are great though, if you want to try something from there definitely start with those.
>>
>>9141089
Yeah, unfortunately 'natural' doesn't equal good. A lot of their products are actually pretty harsh. I still want to try their dry shampoo, but meh.
>>
>>9141133
Personally, I like theBalm's nude tude palette. Good highlighter, dark brown and black for liner, and there is even a shade for brows. But UB's naked palettes arent bad either if you can handle shimmery shades.
>>
>>9141137
Yep, I learned that lesson the hard way! All my family still think it's great stuff and must be good for your skin because its got natural ingredients (despite a lot of the products still having half the same chemicals that are in other stuff).

>You know that xyz ingredient isnt good for your skin
>But its natural :) I can pronounce everything in it :)
>Yeah but -
>Its natural though :)))))))
>>
>>9141133
Try color correcting your undereye area. Peach colors cancel out purple. Do you also have puffy bags? For that you'll need something like a cooling eye mask to bring down swelling.
>>
>>9141135
>I have really tough skin so I can use all their bath bombs with no problem
What kind of products would you use if you have tough skin?
I personally thought Lush's stuff was really weak since it did absolute jack shit for me, really surprised to see these responses in thread. So I'm guessing my skin is the opposite of sensitive.
>>
>>9141171
If fragrances don't bother you, then you have normal/tough skin. Any time there's a skin care thread people ith insanely sensitive skin come out of the woodwork. And yeah I've never had any of LUSH's stuff do anything for me. None of their stuff contains active ingredients afaik, so that's not surprising. I still buy a bath bomb every now and then because they are very heavily scented.
>>
>>9141134
>>9141146
>>9141163
Thank you all, I appreciate the recs. Also, thankfully I don't struggle with puffy undereye as well, but I'll look into colour correcting and hopefully it will help.

A person I work with also suggested IT's Bye-Bye Under Eye? If anyone has any experience with it, I'd like to know how it worked for you!
>>
>>9140910
I bought their cupcake facial mask recently and it was awesome for my dry skin! But yeah, that's technically skincare, not make-up.. Also the only gross thing about it, is that looks like having poo on your face.
>>
File: 1392-179-0000_1[1].jpg (135KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1392-179-0000_1[1].jpg
135KB, 800x800px
>>9140910
>>9141083 definitely has a point... Lavender should not go on your skin, guys.
I feel like it's kinda hit or miss; I like them because they're kinda what got me into actually paying attention to my skin and body. I was always bad at taking care of my skin especially, but I really liked their bath bombs and finding the youtube lush community made me more interested in their skincare, and one thing lead to another...
I still have a lot to learn, but I really like them for making beauty just a tad more fun for those of us who're not naturally gifted with that kinda effort.

With that said, I do like their solid products, generally. It's awesome for travel. I also use their Movis as my facial soap, and I really like it. I tried another from them (kinda pink-beig-ish solid face soap?) that I did't like at all though, so, again. Hit or miss.

Also I just remembered this so I'll just throw it in: Ultrablend (I think? There's a Ultrabalm too which is a different product) is a cleanser which has done wonders for me when it comes to washing off heavy cosplay make up residue (specifically bodypaint)

>>9141133
In relation to this, I'm very curious about the Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette. I really like the idea of a matte nude for cosplay purposes, and the often recommended ones seem kinda excessive to me as I don't wear make up out of cosplay. The shades look nice and I love the packaging, but I haven't heard much about The Balm in general so if anyone have any experience in regards to formula that'd be great.
>>
>>9141244
Gah, wrong image.
>>
>>9140910
I've only bought from them once. I have their Angels On Bare Skin face wash (which is technically skincare), and it's actually made my blackheads go away. I have their rose water toner, and I love it as well. My skin isn't that sensitive too, so that may be something to consider.
>>
>>9141255
When you say blackheads, do you mean sebaceous filaments like on noses or blackheads? I will buy anything that can reduce the appearance of my sebaceous filaments.
>>
>>9141270
Blackheads and sebum on my nose. The only downside that I have about AOBS since I started using it is that I've noticed some dry patches on my face, even after applying moisturizer.
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for drugstore eyeliner?

I've purchased liquid eyeliners in the past that have irritated my eyes. My eyes tend to water, and my skin begins to burn where the product is applied. Would I benefit from using a gel eyeliner?
>>
>>9141403
Idk if they're available where you live but I really like Essence's waterproof liner. And I don't recommend Maybelline's stuff because I've tried a few of their liners (pen, liquid and felt tip) and all of them have been trash.
>>
>>9141248
i got Matt Kumar sample in my ipsy last month, and the color payoff is pretty good and it went on pretty well.
>>
>>9141423
Essence stuff is really good, there gel eyeliner pencils are really smooth and last a long time. L'Oréal infallible (the long wear one) made my skin burn. Would pass.
>>
can you use lip primer on your eyes as well? Im going to a con tomorrow and I have no idea where I put my eye primer
>>
>>9140354
Anon this level of detail is so appreciated!
>>
File: difference.png (23KB, 508x339px) Image search: [Google]
difference.png
23KB, 508x339px
>>9140847
So I checked out Flower foundations and they still didn't really have anything I liked and I also tried Rimmel's match perfection but I had to return it because it was like pic related where it was a dull yellow color that made me look more sickly/ashen

I guess I'll still be on the search but otherwise thank you anyways anon
>>
>>9139246
definitely continue to use moisturizer and look for products intended for oily skin
>>
File: Aug.jpg (38KB, 747x395px) Image search: [Google]
Aug.jpg
38KB, 747x395px
>>9141423
>>9141455
Thank you, anons. I'll avoid both Maybelline and L'Oreal. As I've had a reaction to both brands in the past. I've not come across Essence makeup before. Is pic related what you're referring to?
>>
File: dsc_0757.jpg (3MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0757.jpg
3MB, 4928x3264px
>>9141970
Their products are VERY hit and miss so I tend to avoid them too.

I think they're German but according to their website they sell some of their stuff at Ulta, Target and some place called Loblaws, assuming your USAian. Or the internet. And the one I own is pic related but seeing as most of them are very cheap you can probably test both if you feel like it.
>>
>>9141970
I have this and it is great
>>
>>9141626

If you need like, actual bright yellow, perhaps look into theatrical foundations? I don't know where you could get them, but if your town happens to have somewhere that stocks stuff like RMCA, Ben Nye, Mehron, Graftobian, etc. you could probably stand a better chance of finding actual yellow foundation.
>>
File: 10313_9.jpg (51KB, 430x480px) Image search: [Google]
10313_9.jpg
51KB, 430x480px
anyone have a dupe for innisfree ampoule intense in #13? they discontinued the cushion and the new one is very cool toned.
>>
>>9140457
Have you tried Revlon colorstay?
>>
>>9139568
Are you using one designed for long wear? I love the colourpop matte Lippie Stix - went on holiday recently and just took that one lipstick with me, stays on through wine/beach/icecream and fades to a nice even stain during the day, but does come off on everything. They're also really cheap, like $5. I also had good success with Revlon's colorstay long wear lipsticks but find those more drying.
>>
This is gonna sound like a really newbie question, but can you wear the same pair of false eyelashes multiple times? If so, how are you supposed to clean them? If not, then how many times is it acceptable to wear them until you throw them away?
>>
>>9142280
i wear mine until they stop looking nice, basically. usually 2 wears is my limit because i tend to get mascara on them
>>
>>9142280
Yes, I use a small amount of makeup remover to get rid of any eyeliner, shadow etc stuck to them and carefully peel off excess glue. There's no limit per se, but you don't want them to be manky and falling apart on you. I'd say 5-10 times for special occasions if it's only for like...dinner out/3-6 hours, or 2-5 times for a day out where you're doing stuff and wearing them for the full day
>>
>Favorite Western makeup
I recently bought Sleek and I love the quality of their eyeshadow pallets, blush pallets and especially their tinted lip balms! I need lip balm very often and they are picmented like lipsticks, but feel better on the lips (and work like lip balms of course). And their stuff has cheap prices.

>Favorite Asian makeup
I fell in love with Majolica Majorca, the eyeshadows are very pigmented and glittery, and the "Pressed Pore Cover" powder really makes my pores less visible. You can buy some stuff on ebay for quite good prices (didn't looked into other stores but I bought it in Japan anyway)
>>
>>9142280
You need good glue which you can easily remove from the false lashes. I can recommend "Duo", it's more expensive than other glues at first, but you can really easy remove it from your lashes so you can wear them tons of times
>>
>>9142313
Thanks anon, I was due for a good glue reccomendation myself. My dolly wink is almost out.
>>
>>9142280
It depends on which lashes you're using and how you take care of them. Along with whawt the other anons said, some of the more expensive lashes, like the ones from nubounsom, can usually be reworn many times due to the thicker lash band.
>>
>>9139458
Agree with Shiseido, mine is eyeshadow palette from 2 years ago, still going strong! Well worth the price
>>
>>9141403
It may help to know what eyeliner you used/had reactions to.
If you mean lining bottom water line, than maybe my suggestions aren't good. My allergic reactions come from blushes and make my cheeks irritated and nose run. But...

Personally I'm in love with revlons skinny series. I believe I had an essence (the label is worn off and I think the logo is an old essence logo or something that's an e) liquid eyeliner but the nib is kinda thick so it's hard to do a nice cat eye especially as it gets used up. I hated pencil liners as they weren't dark enough and gel eyeliner I feel is hard to get crisp lines. It is easier to do waterline without tearing up though. But when doing the rest of my makeup I felt most
Brands makes it look like you blended it out or something and often not so deep and dark.
I heard good things about Jordana liquid liner as well.
Essence is a drug store brand in Germany. To me I've noticed it's the cheapest they Carry (at least in all my local drug stores) Maybe it's like NYX with its hit or miss. But because I have no experience with Jordana it can be like Jordana as I hear it's the cheapest
>>
>>9139339
The absolute BEST way to wash brushes is using 2 parts dish soap to 1 part olive oil. Gets rid of all the oils and pigments but leaves the brush conditioned and soft. 10/10 how pro oil painters clean their brushes as well
>>
Any recommendations on eye makeup remover?

I use pic related and it leaves my eyelids pretty greasy and doesn't get all my makeup off. I don't even wear a lot of eye makeup, mostly eyeliner and mascara. I'm open to Eastern and Western brands and don't mind spending a bit if it's really worth it.
>>
>>9142815
Maybe it's because you're using a cream product rather than an oil? I much prefer the texture of oil makeup remover to cream around my eyes, as I find I can't get the residue from creams off without rubbing. I use mainly eyeshadow and gel liner, and The Face Shop's 'Rice Water Cleansing Oil' works well to get it off
>>
File: Facial_Cleansing_Oil.jpg (45KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Facial_Cleansing_Oil.jpg
45KB, 800x800px
>>9142815
I use and like pic related a lot. It's pretty gentle but takes care of my eye makeup well.
>>
>>9142837
It was free with purchase so I figured I might as well use it. I really don't like the residue and often times wake up with smeared leftover makeup because I don't wipe the residue off. I'll check out the cleansing oil though! Do you use it just for your eye makeup?

>>9142859
Looks like it's on sale at Target so that's exciting! Do you just pump it on a cotton ball and remove the eye makeup from there?
>>
>>9142815
Shiseido Sengansenka Perfect Oil Cleansing is cheap and great at removing even my most stubborn make up. You do have to double cleanse though otherwise you feel kind of greasy afterwards
>>
>>9142867
Yup, I use a different cleanser for my face (skinfood black sugar foam cleanser, but usually after the sugar scrub part has dissolved)
The way I use it is to soak 2 cotton pads, close my eyes and sit the cotton pads over my eyes and let it kinda dissolve the makeup for 10 seconds, then gently wipe it off - I find if I massage or rub then I get the cleanser in my eyes and it's irritating. I clean the rest of my face as usual after that
>>
>>9142815
I use Etude House's Real Art oil cleanser and it's lovely.
>>
I've only started filling in my brows and I'm out of eyebrow pencil. I was using a Tony Moly eyebrow pencil and I need a new one but I have no idea if there's even differences between eyebrow pencils or what to look for. Does it even matter? Does anyone have super strong opinions about eyebrow makeup they can tell me about?
>>
>>9142981
It doesn't really matter ime. It's more of a difference in colour and what product you prefer to use since different people like different 'looks', the quality is more or less the same. My bff loves the dipbrow but I can't not make it look like I'm in a drag show so I use an innisfree auto eyebrow and it works great.

The only thing you gotta watch out for with pencils is firmness. I used to use a very soft, creamy TonyMoly pencil and apply it with a small eyeliner brush for a very subtle effect. Then I switched to my current one which is very stiff so I can't really do that. I also used to use a brow mascara and now I stopped.

There are some people who get weirdly passionate about brows, I know some people who take the piss out of me for not having gaudy instabrows and 'brow shame' actresses but ultimately it's about what you like.
>>
File: A'PIEU-CUSHION-RILAKKUMA.jpg (225KB, 672x609px) Image search: [Google]
A'PIEU-CUSHION-RILAKKUMA.jpg
225KB, 672x609px
Can anyone recommend a cushion bb cream? Nothing matte. I'd really appreciate it, I've never bought a cushion compact before.

I'm so tempted to buy pic related
>>
>>9140910
I had one of those lipsticks for a while, but the cap broke and then I couldn't screw the lid on tight anymore. The color was highly pigmented...so much that it stained pretty much everything it touched. But as a lipstick it didn't stay as long as I would have liked.
Between the broken cap and the fact that I don't like carrying a small glass bottle around in my purse I ended up tossing it. It was difficult to apply evenly with their applicator anyway. Don't waste your money.
>>
>>9142981
Honestly, if you already have an eyeshadow powder that just about matches the color of your eyebrows, then use that plus an angled brush to fill in your eyebrows.

Personally, I like full-looking eyebrows but not the overdrawn, overfilled eyebrows that Tumblr seems to adore.
>>
>>9142815
I use Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, and it can easily get rid of whatever makeup I have on, even if I've applied a full face + primers and setting spray. Super gentle, too.
>>
>>9143034
I use the Missha Magic Cushion almost every day and love it. Also heard good things about L'oreal if you need a wider shade range.
>>
>>9143429
Awesome, thanks. Does the shade 23 of the missha cushion seem dark or not? I've got pretty light olive skin.
>>
>>9143451
To add to that, I'm really scared of buying one that's too red/ warm toned.
>>
File: 41GFrBGmu8L.jpg (18KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
41GFrBGmu8L.jpg
18KB, 500x352px
>>9142815
I really like the Banila Co. makeup remover. It's really gentle and you don't have to rub hard to get anything off. Even waterproof eyeliner and mascara comes off.
>>
>>9142870
>>9142903
>>9143475
Thanks for all the suggestions! I added these to my eBay watch list and will shop around.

>>9142899
Good tip! I just wipe the cream on a cotton ball and wipe off the makeup. I also do it after I wash my face for some reason so there's some user error to account for there.

>>9143423
The last wipes I used were Yes to Cucumbers and they kind of stung my skin. Are the Neutrogena wipes more gentile? I also tore the wipes in half because I was just using them for my eyes and didn't want to be wasteful. Can I do that with these wipes?
>>
>>9143419
>>9142987
Thanks guys! Yeah, I like natural eyebrows as well. Especially if it's for lolita the overdrawn look can be pretty jarring. Thanks for the tips!
>>
>>9141970
Essence is super cheap and one of my favorites. I like their eyeliner and mascara. They are also cruelty free so that's a plus
>>
>>9141403
I have the same problem. Almay makes a hypoallergenic liquid eyeliner that has never burned my eyes, but the applicator sucks, you'll want a separate brush.
>>
>>9143576
I personally haven't tried tearing them in half myself, but you can give it a try, especially if it's just eye makeup you're removing.

(That's actually a good idea anon I may try it myself sometime)
>>
>>9143688
I'm always looking for ways to stretch my dollar! I made sure to use the second half of the wipe the next day and closed the package as tight as I could. The Yes to wipes weren't that wet to begin with so I can't really say if the second half will be any drier the next day.
>>
>>9143423
I'm surprised to hear that they're gentle. They were so heavily scented that I could feel the fumes in my eyes. Had to throw the pack away.
>>
>>9143700
The Equate wipes on the other hand, which are supposed to be a dupe for the Neutrogena wipes, aren't gentle at all. I tried it once and could feel a slight burning sensation around my eyes. Never used it again. (Keep in mind I have normal/tough skin when it comes to fragrances) I also felt like I had to scrub my face just to get any sort of makeup off whatsoever, but with the Neutrogena wipes, I could be as gentle as I want.
>>9143696
I've been trying to find a way to keep the package sealed as well. The opening is basically a delicate slip of plastic, and even if I try to store it opening side down and with a weight, it still won't keep shut.
>>
>>9138770

My girlfriend is in Germany studying and heavily hinted that she wants me to buy it for her since she can't find it there.

surprise surprise I have no idea what shade it is. Google says its a MAC or something lol.

please help
>>
>>9142815
I use Simple Micellar Water and it works wonders, even on my sensitive skin and waterproof makeup.
>>
>>9143747
You can't ask her what it's called? It's hard to tell from what looks like personal photos.
>>
>>9143747
MAC Sin?
>>
>>9143758
I wish it was that easy...I offered to get her a present and asked what she wanted. She likes surprises and gave me this hint: "If you want a hint I sent you a picture of what I want a while back"

I'm 80% sure it's this picture she sent me a month back...

Asked on another board and apparently it could be MAC Nightmoth lipstick
>>9143760
>MAC Sin?
Oh shit I think that's it, just checked a girl on youtube wearing it and its identical. thanks a lot m8
>>
>>9143747
Diva?
>>
>>9143713
I've seen some wipes with a plastic closing and that may prevent drying out better. What if you took all the wipes out and put them in a ziplock bag? It'd keep everything packed tight and would even keep the whole wipes more moisturized.
>>
>>9143754
Oh I've heard about that! I was actually supposed to get a free sample of it but I guess it got lost in the mail...is it a good way to remove makeup from your face too? I've noticed after I clean my face with Philosophy Purity Made Simple I still get some leftover makeup on my cotton ball when I use my toner.
>>
What do you gulls do about facial hair? Like the fine peach fuzz kind that's all over. Any foundation I've ever used has never looked smooth because of the hair, almost like it's kind of streaky when I look very close?

I have used hair removal stuff twice and had horrible acne when the hair was growing back in, so I don't want to remove it, just make the foundation look smoother.

I do use a primer, but don't know much about them. Would a thicker/better primer solve this problem? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9143830
You could try shaving. I hear more and more about how awesome it is so I'm sure there's some merit to it.
>>
>>9143830
I just shave it with a razor, honestly. Because the hair's so fine, you don't really have to worry about getting every teeny bit, but just running over your cheeks and jaw is good enough.
>>
>>9139548
honestly after i brush my teeth, i put some sugar and lemon juice on the toothbrush and brush my lips. You could probably do it without the juice and it would exfoliate fine.
>>
>>9143830
Dunno if this would help but when I used to apply foundation by rubbing it around my face with a brush or my fingers all of my facial hair and pores would be visible.
Switched to just patting it on all over with a damp beauty blender using a light first coat, letting it dry a bit, then patting another coat over. It's helped a bit even without primer.
>>
>>9143830
I shave my face all the time, it feels amazing and my hair doesn't grow back any thicker or get ingrown. I would test it on a small patch of skin.
>>
>>9143830
Unless you have a super hairy face/ beard thing going on, facial hair might not be your problem. If you apply with your hands or a sponge then try patting it on. But if your 100% sure it's hair then shaving might be good. I use a brow razor for my upper lip.
>>
>>9138770
This is so hard. I really like Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo foundation. Full coverage, matte, little make-up transfer, and long lasting.
> Drugstore?
I have to say L'Oreal's Miss Manga Eyes mascara. I bought it cause I'm a fucking weeaboo, and ended up really loving it.
> Asian?
Daiso has some really decent false lashes
Holy shit..where do I start. Mary Kay has the worst make-up. Their foundation and eyeshadows make my skin break out, feel dry, and itch. And they don't last well. Their skin products aren't so bad, but their cosmetics fuck me up and aren't worth the price.
I'm going to refrain from saying Michelle Phan (eyebrows are sisters not twins, is the best advice I've ever gotten) and say Tymetheinfamous, just as long as I mute her video cause her voice is annoying.
Lip scrub. Unless you want crusty butt hole lips.
>>
>>9141133
BH Cosmetics is hella cheap and works well.
http://www.bhcosmetics.com/eyes/eyeshadow-palettes/88-color-neutral-eyeshadow-palette?___SID=U
>>
File: DSC01909-1[1].jpg (57KB, 1200x609px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01909-1[1].jpg
57KB, 1200x609px
Any anons have two naturally different eyebrow shapes? One of mine is flatter while the other is more arched. Bonus points: the arched one also rests higher. It's not very noticeable but it still bugs me. Pic isn't me btw, just an example. Mine are way thicker and darker so I can't just re-draw them, unfortunately.
>>
>>9143830
I just bleach my peach fuzz mustache and always apply my foundation in downward strokes. I've never thought about shaving it, although I shave my eyebrows and that works like a dream.
>>
>>9144358
When I say shave, I mean I just use a razor to tidy all the edges, not shave them off.

>>9144128
I sympathize, mine are like that. One has a different hair pattern so it never looks the same. I just accept it and make sure they're roughly the same shape.
>>
>>9143859
>>9144052
Thanks, I'll give this a go first

>>9143836
>>9143839
>>9143864
I've only used hair removal cream before, and i guess i got ingrown hair from it when it grew back. If the other suggestion doesnt work i'll give shaving a go on a patch to start with, and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice!

>>9144358
Luckily its all quite light so its more the texture than the colour of it
>>
>>9144128
get an eyebrow razor. you can get one from yesstyle. did that, changed my life.

also eyebrow scissors if they are too thick for your liking.
>>
>>9138770

Nyx. Would own a shit town of Sugarpill if they were cheaper. I like Kat von D too, but mostly because of the music-related lipstick names - I'd love to try the lock-it foundation as well, but my shade is always out of stock.
> Drugstore?
don't know, I mostly just buy skin care products from them and sometimes hair dye
> Asian?
don't own much from asian brands yet. I like Majolica Majorca/Shiseido, and Etude House. Tried the Tonymoly egg pore thing, it's decent.
Kiko matte muse, it's actually not that bad but kinda uncomfortable. Also every contouring palette I have ever tried, but maybe it's just because I look dumb with contouring.
punchingpictures on insta
fucking primers/setting spray. done with basic bitches complaining that make-up goes away 2fast. Also a regular nude eyeshadow palette, the L'oréal Nudes one will do for casuals, I personally love UD Naked 3
>>
>>9141244
I love The Balm products, their pigmentation is great and the shadows are soft and easy to work with. Any of their "Meet..." palettes would be good neutrals to start with and I honestly liked my Meet Matte Hughes palette better than my Naked palette.
>>
>>9142490
Thanks anon, I also have issues with my nose running when I apply my foundation. My eyes also water when I apply eyeshadow. It's super annoying.

Off the top of my head the eyeliners I've had issues with are No7, Loreal, Max Factor, and Revlon. I did purchase the Revlon ColorStay skinny eyeliner you're referring to, and whilst I liked the applicator, it did unfortunately make my eyelids sting and my eyes water.

I don't think we have Jordana in the UK. I really like NYX, but their concealer wands do irritate my skin. So I don't think their eyeliner would be a good choice for me.

>>9143647
I had no idea there was such a thing as hypoallergenic eyeliner. I don't believe Almay is available in the UK. I'm forever jealous of the makeup selection in the US.
>>
Does anyone here use color correcting primer? My face is very pink-toned and my neck is more yellow, so I'm thinking of getting a green corrector for my face and a purple (?) one for my neck. I have no idea if I'm going to end up looking stupid, though.
>>
>>9144421
I used to have the same problem until I switched to Holika Holika's Jewelight liner
cheaper than yer mam's hourly rate and lasts all day without tugging or peeling
>>
>>9142224
did you check the product shade spreadsheet over at the asianbeauty subreddit? They should have some options.
>>
>>9143034
Innisfree ampoule intense cushion or Hera's UV mist ultra moisture
>>
>>9144453
I bought a green one because my face used to get pretty splotchy, but I find that it doesn't really make that much of a difference. Your face and neck aren't going to be the same colour and unless the difference is Black Jack-tier it's probably not going to be noticeable after foundation anyways.
>>
>>9144475
I did, but it's not updated and many products are being discontinued
>>
>>9144490
The difference currently is visible even with foundation to the point that people sometimes try to tell me I haven't blended it out properly, so I was hoping different color primers would help correct this.
>>
>>9143774
If she won't tell you, then she doesn't get to bitch when you accidentally get her the wrong shade anon.
>>
>>9138770
>Buying make up in Asia
Any hints how do I tell what might contain lead and iron? I guess I should look for Japanese brands, but are there any safe or at least known Chinese brands?
>>
>>9139380
I've had a lot of success with First Aid Beauty products and Smashbox BB Cream. For my body sunscreen I use Banana Boat's SPF 50 kids sunscreen - it's greasy but I've never reacted too badly to it.
I specifically have an issue with fragrances but it sounds like we have pretty similar skin.
With the exception of daily moisturising and sunscreen I try not to wear full coverage makeup every day. I normally limit it to eyebrow pencil/eyeliner/mascara. If I'm wearing full coverage makeup I try to get it off ASAP.
>>
>>9144830
Buy japanese, taiwanese and korean brands only
order from trusted sellers only
>>
>>9143802
Regardless I sometimes use my Aveeno Calming Cleanser because its my routine before using Simple, but With full concealer, primer, eyes, mascara, eyeliner, foundation, lipstick.. I usually only have to use 4 cotton pads [not balls] to remove it all and it does pretty fucking good and if Im too lazy to use my cleanser after [because Simple doesn't make your face feel sticky and it dries while hydrating your skin which is great] I just go in before bed and put on my Aveeno Night Cream. I have sensitive skin, so this really works well for me and it fits my budget which is the big thing I care about.

I just finished my first bottle I got from Ulta and it lasted a good 3 weeks which isn't bad since its just over $6 per bottle. I usually go for the buy 1, get 1 Ulta usually has on Simple and I got myself from Micellar wipes as well. So I use one wipe, get the whole base off, then go in with one cotton pad per eye, let it sit, wipe off the excess and then 2 more for the face to make it super clean. A whole tube of cotton pads lasts me 3 weeks as well.

In short, I really, really, really like it. In the morning Ill even take one pad and do a once over before morning routine and Neutrogena sunscreen.
>>
>>9143754
I'll just add while the garnier micro cellular water is super refreshing and removes most Foundation and what not I found makeup wipes remove eye makeup way faster In comparison. So I would say try simple first but I don't have experience with it personally.
>>
>>9144958
Im the one who suggested it. I actually bought the Micellar wipes as well with my new bottle of Micellar Water from the Simple collection. The wipes are great for a base wipe down and then I go in with the water after and I haven't had any issues with testing it over the past week. I still go in with my cleanser sometimes though because I only feel truly clean, unless I am way too tired from work, after using the water and wipes.
>>
>>9144948
Awesome! Yeah, I'm thinking wipes will be best for my routine. I love going to Ulta so I'll wait for a sale or coupon to pick some stuff up. Glad you like it so much! Now I really wish I got that free sample in the mail. Oh well.
>>
>>9144526
Get tone correcting powder, I have no experience with foundations, but I've found the pallets to be really helpful.
>>
Any recommendations on makeup that covers tattoos if you're quite pale? I've tried Kat Von D, which while pas pale enough, didn't actually cover anything very well.

I'd like to try Dermablend, but the only way to test it is to go an hour away to the Ulta nearby. Does it go pretty pale? I've tried googling, but didn't find very much. Any other ideas? I usually only find things comparing those two.

Worst comes to worst, I may tan a little bit to get rid of my ghostly look anyways.
>>
>looking for a basic, gray powder for gothic contouring
>sephora lady suggests in-house powder
>decline because it hardly picks up on my finger or appears on my skin and say I was looking for something with more pigment
>tells me it picks up a lot nicer on a sponge so I should get it anyways

Why do I always find Sephora employees to be so incredibly unhelpful? I want how the powder shows up on my skin, not how it shows up on a sponge.

Any gray based powders for contouring, gulls? I like to look extra dead.
>>
>>9148131
It's not high-end but Hard Candy's glamoflauge is pretty good, at least the foundation is. Even with a really thin layer it covers well (in my experience) and it's the only fucking makeup I've ever found that actually matches my winter skintone.
>>
>>9139246
I used to have absurdly oily skin until I decided to try treating it with more moisturizer. I use a very heavy cream twice a day and my skin is no longer oily
>>
>>9148131
Have you tried applying an orange base where your tattoos are before applying foundation? https://youtu.be/0K_L4EaFLrc
>>
What are some good setting sprays? preferably drug store brands but also looking at higher end. My friend swears by urban decay but shes really picky and her makeup skills arent the best yet either.

Also for those of you who get subscription boxes.. what do you do with the products you dont use? I have a few ipsy pouches i dont need as well as over 10 products. Is there certain hastags on instagram or groups on facebook?

even though this months theme is sugar highness, i didnt really get any pastels or cute colors like the photo theme
>>
File: CprVVe6W8AAxdMX.jpg (252KB, 1200x1067px) Image search: [Google]
CprVVe6W8AAxdMX.jpg
252KB, 1200x1067px
>>9148322
Nyx has a great setting spray, as does Pixi. Highly recommended, just as good as the UD spray imo.

>>9148163
Ugh I wish I knew...Illamasqua's Hollow has been suggested a few times but its a cream which kind of puts me off.

>>9139568
Why don't you try a tint? Lipstick is insanely high maintenance to me. Liner helps of course but I hate that uneven fade.

Anybody have any recommendations for an alternative to Mac's pro longwear concealer and Estee Lauder's doublewear? I love them because they match my skin tone (Shell) but hate that EL is so heavy and the price. Basically, any ghostly shades with good coverage?
>>
>>9148163
Creme, but how about applying Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe using a stipple brush?
>>
>>9139380
Lush cosmetics. I have very sensitive skin and their stuff works wonders. as for makeup I'd recommend bare minerals, the bare skin liquid foundation is amazing.
>>
>>9148322

No idea about the ipsy bag stuff. I'm actually trying to pawn off some illuminators/highlighters to a friend of mine. For free since I can't be bothered, but at least she'd be using them whereas here I'm letting them rot.

Cute af bag design this month though. I'm in love with it.
>>
>>9148466
I keep getting the same angled eye brush but different brands. Its came in 4/5 bags ive received so far.
I think ill try trading with a friend or just pawning them off to friends.

The bag is super cute this month! mine didnt come yet but ill be happy with either.
>>
>>9148322
>>9148466
I use edivv.com - a website primarily used to trade subscription box items. It's free but I got an email recently stating their funds are running low so if they don't raise enough money the site will close. They have a lot of users though so I don't expect them to close down.

There's also makeup groups you can join on Facebook. The one I'm part of is "Makeup Addicts: Talk/Buy/Sell/Swap" and it has thousands of members. I've never traded with anyone there but the members are good at reporting things to the admins.

>>9148470
Do you review your items on the ipsy website? If you rate things with 1 star you're less likely to get them next time.
>>
Also I forgot when I did a review for the jeffree star beauty killer palette, but the hot pink stains like fucking crazy, he said in his reveal it didn't but nuh uh, you can have this shit on for 5 minutes and it'll stay for at the very least 24 hours after removing with make up wipes.
>>
I'm looking for a palette with really nice red/copper shades that anyone can recommend? I was looking at the Anastasia MR palette (it's a bit pricier than I'd like since I'd use maybe 1/3 of the palette since I already have a neutrals palette and I don't look good in pinks) but I also wouldn't be against single pots if someone has colours they'd recommend as well?
>>
>>9148958
MR is amazing. If you can splurge, I'd go with it. The reds blend like a dream

Sugarpill has a good red, I've heard.
>>
>>9148968
I just don't really want to drop $50 on a palette that I'd only use like 3 of the colours. With most of them I have very close dupes or I'm not interested in the shade at all. Red Ochre, Realgar and Venetian Red and the colours I'm interested in.

The Sugarpill red looks really nice, looks a bit like a blush desu lol
>>
>>9148958
Have a look a the sleek sunset palette if you don't mind really intense shimmers, I have it and am amazed at the quality for how cheap it is. There are no matte shades in the palette though, except for a not amazing black, all their mattes are a bit meh in comparison to their shimmers but actually blend pretty nicely on the lid.
Seconding the other anon on suagrpill love+, it's one of my favourite shadows of all time, a really beautiful blue based true red that doesn't turn orange or brown on the lid. If you're looking for a copper Penelope is really amazing as well, but the particles are larger than their other loose eyeshadows and kind of applies like a foiled shadow. Don't bother with asylum.
>>
>>9141203
I've heard good things also but I've never used it. I just bought some NARS creamy concealer (the first one I've ever found that matches my weird skin tone) which I've also head raving reviews about, so I'm excited to try it. I have the stupid genetic dark circles that never go away even if I slept for an eternity, and I've found color correcting with oranges/peach definitely helps, and then layering on concealer that matches your skin tone gets the circles to go away as much as humanly possible. I feel your struggles anon
>>
>>9148163
I'd just look for individual matte powder eyeshadows, the only grey based ones I know are cream based
>>
>>9139568
I really recommend Sephora's Color Lip Last. That shit does not budge. Put it on for a volunteer event and nearly 5 hours later of sweating and coffee/water chugging it still looked freshly applied which really surprised me especially for how cheap it is.
>>
File: 2015-08-29_1440807410.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-29_1440807410.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
>>9140910
I used to work in lush manufacturing. Everything is made really well and is actually as ethical as they say. On the other hand, their lipsticks are all shimmery and really ugly colours. Their eyeliner makes my eyes all red and puffy because I have seasonal allergies, which is why I've never used their mascara. Their liquid eyeshadows are neat but dont blend very well and all the colours are pretty ugly. They have a few cute lip tint/balm things that are very moisturizing. They excell in their balms (ultrabalm), face wahes, moisturizers etc. None of their make up is worth buying. Honestly, it looks like something an old mom thought up, colours and all. Also, its annoying as fuck that the lip colours, eyeliner AND liquid eyeshadows all have the same fucking packaging.

pic related- its the inside of golden wonder
>>
>>9140910
I have one eyeshadow (shade "success", it's silver) and it's okay. I wanted it because it has an eyeliner brush-like applicator and I wanted that precision.
I like the color, it blends okay and a little goes a long way. But it makes my eyes sting a bit after some time wearing it even though I don't have sensitive eyes or allergies.
>>
>>9139458
makeup revolution is my saviour, i have quite a few eyeshadow pallets from them and they last so long even with frequent use (ones lasted around a year). The only product I really hate is one of the pen eyeliners ran out in like 1 week, awful.
But I would 100% recommend them to people on a budget.
>>
>>9139246
I used to have the same problem
I use revlons oily/combination colorstay foundation, as well as innisfree no sebum loose powder.

I wash my face with mens face wash because I feel it works better it's some loreal men one. And I make sure to wipe my face micellar water at night too. I use a moisturiser from nivea too.

That's works for me but obviously your skin won't be the exact same
>>
I live in Australia where it can be hard/expensive to get a lot of make up but my friend will be living in London for a month so she can pick stuff up for me or I can buy online and get it shipped to her, is there any British/European beauty brands or anything I should have a look at?
>>
I'm going to be wearing a latex prosthetic that covers most of my lower face for Halloween
Can I use grease paint over a latex prosthetic? I know oil degrades latex so that's my concern. Probably will be wearing the prosthetic for 6-8hrs
If I can't use it directly on it, if I put pax paint on it first will it protect the latex?
>>
>>9150299
British brands are really good for budget-end stuff, not so good for high-end. MUA and Revolution in Superdrug are super-cheap - quality is very mixed, but I love the Revolution brushes, powder highlighter, One Foundation, glitter pencil liners and their amazing Awesome Metals eyeshadows, which are a dupe of Stila's foils but better. Their sister brand Freedom Makeup does dupes of the MAC Star Wars line of lipstick for £5. Don't bother with the nail varnish, it's really disappointing. Also don't bother with matte eyeshadows. The lipsticks are decent but the matte lipsticks will suck up every grain of moisture from your mouth.

Essence is a German brand. Their quality also varies wildly, but the eyeliner pens are excellent and surpass anything else at that price point.

Barry M is great for cheap nail varnish and cheap eye pencils (go for the more expensive kind).
>>
>>9148163
>>9149213

This is what I ended up doing when I was on your quest, anon. At least the powder shadows have a wide variety of greys?
>>
>>9148322
>>9148646
The mysubscriptionaddiction website has a section for swapping items that you don't want. I usually go there. Or gift to my friend with two little girls. They love playing with makeup.
>>
>>9149694
Thank you, Lush anon. I have a question. Why does Lush keep discontinuing everything that I love?
>looking at you smitten & schnuggle.
>>
>>9152239
Try asking gropey over in the LARP thread.
>>
>>9138985
I have the ecotools double ended eye brushes and I like them aside from them being a pain and a half to store. I generally only wear eyeshadow as I have lash extensions and find using and removing eyeliner kills their longevity, so I can't speak for any of the eyeliner brushes
>>
>>9152263
Thanks you, I'm having a look at the one one foundation and it seems like it will probably even be light enough for me which is exiting. We actually have essence stocked in Australia, I've never really been into their products though but I'll give their liners a go.
>>
>>9150299
holy heck, I just realised through ordering though the UK urban decay site I can save $10-20 item. This is glorious, moondust palette here i come.
>>
File: 3000 hours in mspaint.jpg (440KB, 1870x954px) Image search: [Google]
3000 hours in mspaint.jpg
440KB, 1870x954px
I hope it's alright to ask this here
I want to get into byojaku/me no shita chiiku and wear it as my go-to makeup in and outside of j-fashion. What I wanted to know is what kinds of blushes and eyeshadows would be the best for accomplishing both a more sickly, noticeable reddish look like on the left of pic related, and which ones would be good for a more toned down blush like on the right. My skin tone is pretty pale (my veins are pretty noticeable) with pink undertones if it helps.
I'd appreciate any suggestions!
>>
>>9152698
this has been my everyday blush for years, for right of screen use a coral or rose colour, for the left use a pinkish tan blush that suits your skin tone well (or if you want a pinker look like the girl with grey hair, then use pink but the important part of this is because you're using actual red is to blend it out into your natural skin as well as you can so having a natural looking blush around the outside looks more realistically sickly) and then use actual red pigment, I'd recommend sugarpill's love+ under your lower lash line to blend into it. for a really dramatic look like your eyes with. Don't use shimmer blushes, use matte, or if you really want use one with a tiny bit of glitter because a shimmer will pronounce every contour of your under eye area, which is bad if you have terrible bags like me.
>>
>>9152239
Just use PAX mixed to the right shade if you're concerned. I've latex pieces I've prepaimted with greasepaint, though, and they've lasted for a year. I only threw them out because they were getting difficult to wash.
>>
>>9141137
The dry shampoo does its job, but is in general very messy to apply and some of the powder will always end up sticking to your hair, making it look dull and matte.
>>
File: kylie-lips-secundaria.jpg (54KB, 799x588px) Image search: [Google]
kylie-lips-secundaria.jpg
54KB, 799x588px
Any tips on wearing matte lipsticks? Pic related is what a friend gave me as a gift and I LOVE this nude pink, but within a few hours of wear it begins to settle into the little creases of my lips. Like I put lipbalm before applying it and it goes on smooth? Maybe I just have dry lips lol
>>
>>9153075
Line your lips even if you can apply it neatly. Use lip scrubs and lipbalm to keep them smooth, too.
>>
Anywhere I can get a grey brow gel?
>>
How to not bug my lip-makeup?

I have really dry lips normally. I know about moisturizing and lip scrubs (the latter of which do nothing for me), and can get my lip makeup perfect, but I'm so used to biting at my lips that I mess it all up within an hour or so. Aside from just sheer will-power, is there any recommendations for, idk, primer or setting-spray for lip makeup?
>>
>>9138985
I have this set https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGN1JJI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it has just about everything I need and I find them to be about the same as my eco tools set
>>
>>9153506
Have you tried the thing where you put a single layer of 2ply tissue over your lips, then powder it, then peel off?
>>
>>9153075
I put on some lip balm and let that settle for a few minutes, then I exfoliate my lips (I use a q tip but lip scrubs might be better) and make sure they are dry before I put on anything else, some formulas won't adhere onto wet lips. If I'm using a dark colour I'll also line my lips.

Some liquid matte lipsticks are better formulated than others. I haven't tried any of the Kylie lip kits, but it's possible that her formula/ this colour in particular is more prone to sinking into lip lines.
>>
Anybody else feel like they've slid into a beauty rut as of late?

I just turned 25 and whilst I remember being 18 and putting all this effort into wild makeups and maintaining my ever-morphing hair styles and colours, today I just kind of find it all a bit pointless, but at the same time I feel dreadfully plain and unremarkable. I mean I am plain and unremarkable, but at least back then I really did feel cute.
I still do all the normal stuff of course, like go to the gym 3x a week, take my supplements and powders daily, carry out my skincare routines twice daily, watch my diet etc., but beyond that I'm just a big bleh of long, mousey hair and complete normality.

Anybody else experienced this and have any tips for getting my energy back? Maybe it's just an age thing. Maybe I'm..... getting into my mid-20's.....
>>
>>9153949
It's pretty understandable. When you're younger, you're trying to find your style, but when you get older and you've found what works for you, you just kind of fall into a routine.
You can try changing up your hair or using makeup that you wouldn't normally use, find excuses to dress up, etc.
>>
File: tumblr_nw6ag0vx381rfe12ko1_540.jpg (107KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw6ag0vx381rfe12ko1_540.jpg
107KB, 540x540px
>>9153956
What you're saying makes sense. I guess what makes it so exciting in youth is the rush of experimentation and the unknown. I guess I kind of have fallen into what I know is comfortable and works best for me.

I keep wanting to change my hair, dye it blue or something since it's in the perfect conditions for it, but at the same time I spent years growing it out, and then I'm going to Japan next September for an exchange year and it might not be an acceptable colour, especially for somebody who's 25 and supposed to be all 'settled and responsible'.

Maybe I just gotta jump out of my safe zone.
>>
>>9153949
Stop beating yourself up over getting into a rut, for a start. Things happen. It's normal. It's possible you've just got other stuff to worry about now you're older. Also, congratulate yourself for keeping up with a body maintenance routine, the most boring, low-gratification and staggeringly important part of looking after your appearance.

My advice would be to look at a beauty blog for someone well out of your usual style. If you're super kawaii, look for a beauty blogger who's punky and sexy; if you keep up with what's in fashion right now, find a vintage beauty blogger who's in a decade you normally forget about. Don't go in there to copy them - look at what they do and ask yourself what bits of their look you're into, which you aren't. If you hate everything, that's good too. The purpose is to get you thinking about it.
>>
File: 1467558204582.jpg (402KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467558204582.jpg
402KB, 1280x1280px
>>9153977
Thanks for the pep-talk Anon, I think a boost like this was just what I needed.

I'll try out your advice and try looking at people who's style is outside what I'm normally comfortable with. I am actually getting a septoplasty this year to correct a breathing problem and I'm planning on getting subtle lip fillers and electrolysis, so maybe Ill feel better after a little cosmetic alteration as well x
>>
>>9138985
I went to the dollar store recently and bought all the wet n wild pink and white brushes for $1 each and they work surprisingly well. They're very soft and blend very well, some of them work better than my sugarpill brushes believe it or not
>>
>>9152712
Isnt pax paint tacky though? I'm painting my skin all white, with maybe some different colored accents on the nose area
I'm new to latex prosthetics, I've worn small, non latex ones in the past
Also pros aide vs medical adhesive vs silicone based: how do I choose?
>>
>>9153949
Oh god anon. I'm the you at 24.
I keep forgetting my own age but it keeps steadily pushing me closer to death.
>>
Has anyone used the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation? The finish and feel is amazing but the oxidation is terrible; I'd just get a lighter shade but I'm already using the lightest. Does mixing it with a white foundation change it's finish?
>>
>>9153949
23 here and I'm in a similar boat, anon. I have all these fun colors and money for high quality makeup and yet I mainly stick to the basics. I've always had light, sparse brows and I feel so behind by not having good "brow game." I'll fill them in with some powder if I'm going to be photographed but for my everyday look I just brush them. I've also been in a relationship for 7 years so I don't feel the need to look all glammed up every day (we both take care of our appearances but more so as looking polished than trying to woo partners).

I think as we get older we find different things to focus on. As >>9153977 said, body maintenance is boring but is much more important than perfecting the matte lip. I've shifted my interest from makeup to hair since it's an easy way to stand out while still looking put together. I don't understand how to achieve full volume and I'm still figuring out which shampoo works best for me, but it's a work in progress.

All us quarter-life crisis anons need to remember that this is normal and we can rediscover our passion if we really want to. As long as we look put together and groomed, we can still be successful in life.
>>
File: tumblr_n2pyt3nd3k1tto5hlo1_1280.jpg (342KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2pyt3nd3k1tto5hlo1_1280.jpg
342KB, 1280x1280px
>favorite Western makeup brand/product?
Makeup Revolution. It's high quality, affordable and most of their products are vegan friendly.
>drugstore?
I usually import most of my makeup from SK, but my go-to is usually Superdrug in the UK.
>Asian?
Tonymoly or Missha for sure.
>worst makeup product you've ever used?
P. much most Western foundations. Goopy, apply thickly and are mostly available in shade variants of orange, slightly less orange, slightly less orange or very occasionally, sand. Once I did stumble across one brand called 2true foundation, which looked INCREDIBLY cheap in its packaging, but really was spectacular in its consistency and blending, but Superdrug doesn't stock it any more sadly.
>favorite makeup artist?
Charlotte Tilbury is fantastic, Lisa Eldridge is good too. I also like EasyNeon on Youtube.
>what makeup product do you think should be in everyone's makeup collection?
It's hard to pick one, but really a well-matched, non-heavy BB cream is essential, as is peach-hued stick blush and a good highlighter, powder or stick.
>>
File: CGMbhzw.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CGMbhzw.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>>9153075
Moisturising your lips prior to application is always a good tip, but honestly matte lipsticks hit the end of their hype cycle a few months ago. Currently they're more reminiscent of a dried butthole.
>>
>>9154466
>hit the end of their hype cycle a few months ago
>following trends
>>
File: 1460195433520.jpg (76KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1460195433520.jpg
76KB, 540x540px
>>9154470
I never personally invested in butthole lips myself, I'm just giving a warning to this Anon. Of course she's free to wear whatever she wants if she enjoys it, beauty is subjective after all. Some matte can work, but it has to be slight, like pic related.
>>
>>9154437
God, that pic looks so bad from the thumbnail, but so gorgeous up close.
>>
>>9154476
>beauty is subjective after all

Would you want to be compared to Chelsea Clinton? Be honest.
>>
>>9154510

Again, beauty is subjective. I personally would not want to be compared to her, but to a number of people's Chelsea Clinton will be a considerable beauty. Admittedly that list is probably limited to her dad and her mum, but it exists all the same.

I actually had to Google her because I'm not American kek
>>
File: img_4566-e1412332211177.jpg (216KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
img_4566-e1412332211177.jpg
216KB, 800x1067px
>>9153967
Ugh I'm in the same front with the hair thing. I've settled into my beauty/makeup routine and it's a bit boring but I enjoy it and it flatters my style, but my hair is my biggest source insecurity. I'm 25 and I feel like girls my age have figured out their hair and what makes it look good/flatters them but mine straight up looks like that awkward tween horse girl hair with the frizz and mess. I'm so tempted to go to a stylist and do some funky hairstyle but I always get 'Oh that isn't a good idea..' from everyone (including the stylist) because my hair is a shitshow (both thick and thin strands, plus frizz, plus a huge amount of hair do not lend to many style options other than long with layers or semi-short frizz bob) and I work in a 'Professional' atmosphere where the large majority are old conservative types (academia and government work). So I'm here all put together in nice outfits and makeup and nails but my hair looks like pic related.

/rant sorry didn't mean to go off like that
>>
File: twist.jpg (44KB, 349x504px) Image search: [Google]
twist.jpg
44KB, 349x504px
>>9154855
That picture is my hair texture, it was the bane of my existence until I turned about 25. Now I have got it pretty well figured out. What do you do normally with your hair? I will outline what I do to keep it looking nice

First step, NO HEAT. EVER. No hot water, no blow drying, no curlers or straighteners, just NO.

Second step, NO SHAMPOO. EVER. unless you have completely saturated your hair in actual literal shit that is also super sticky and oily, no shampoo. Wash your hair with warm water (Never hot) and condition it. Shampoo will just destroy your hair.

Third, NO HAIRBRUSHES OR COMBS. (say it with me now) EVER. The only detangling you should be doing is in the shower while your hair is saturated in conditioner. Use your fingers only.

Fourth, get the right products! Make sure your conditioner doesn't contain any sulfates or silicone. As for styling, I use a good quality leave in conditioner or extra virgin coconut oil, then It's A 10 Smoothing Balm. You don't need a lot, just smooth in a dime to quarter size blob on your fingers depending on how thick your hair is.

Fifth, the actual styling, just separate small chunks and twist your hair (like in the pic but all the way to your scalp) while it is still damp (but well towel dried) then leave it alone to dry. If you need your hair to be dry for work, wash and twist your hair before bed and then wrap it up in a towel or a tshirt like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mInPt4-_Dyc (this whole vid is great actually) this results in hair that looks like the hair in the pic.

Sixth, the friz will never be gone completely. Accept it, and it you will be free.

I hope that helps, hair like this is hard!
>>
>>9154874
I've done everything you've said before and nothing works. The no-poo thing was the worst experiment for me because I'm very prone to dandruff so it was disgusting and I quickly went back. I use sulfate free shampoo/conditioner and it made my hair a bit shinier but the texture didn't change.

I also don't have true curls and my hair never dries like your pic. I'm mixed race so I have a mix of kinky thick strands and fine straight ones, so it naturally dries just matted and frizzy with no curls. Whenever I try to do curls using pins or the strip method, they kind of hold but my kinky hair ruins it and breaks up the curls into frizz.

Tbh I'm so close to just shaving it off and doing wigs all the time, I've been to over 30 stylists in my life and none have been able to do anything with my hair.
>>
>>9154897
eh, I tried. Maybe it is time to just shave it off!
I have considered doing it myself a few times.

How long did you go without shampoo though? Because only a month or two is not long enough for your scalp to adjust.
>>
>>9154031
Yep. That's why you powder it, which you'll have to do with all body paints regardless.

Madeyewlook did a thing on body adhesives:
https://youtu.be/ylyA7yBXsYQ
>>
>>9154855
What stylists are you going to? Have you tried ones who specialize in black hair? Most of them are used to dealing with hair with no distinct curl pattern/frizz. Also, ask around about a (sometimes called Boost) keratin treatment that smoothes the hair. It's no where near as harsh as a relaxer, and lasts for around three months at a time. It can get pricey, but I've tried it and a coworker swears by it who has similar hair to yours. Might be worth a shot.
>>
>>9154897
Have you tried a boy's haircut? Because it can honestly be really cute and feminine if you've the right makeup. Depending on your style and the shape of your scalp just shaving it all off á Sinead O'connor might work.
>>
Guys.
How do I get good at doing eyeshadow?
>>
>>9155227
Practice
>>
I would like to being by saying I am sorry for asking this, but I need some spoonfeeding here.
I use makeup when cosplaying, but my knowledge of makeup consists of moisturizing, then foundation. People say I need to highlight and contour and shade, but I have yet to get a straight answer as to what specifically one would use to highlight or shade or contour. The makeup aisle is full of products, but aside from the ones that have an actual eye on them, I have no idea what any of them are for.
Please, have pity on me and help me not look terrible anymore.
>>
>>9155531
The highlight/contour stuff is usually with the foundations so look around there. Contour is pretty much always a matte brown, and highlight varies but is usually some kind of light shimmery product.
I can't really help with brands though, that's your decision.
>>
>>9155543
are they actually called highlight and contour though? Or are they labeled as something else?
>>
>>9154855
You should look into magic straight perm at an asian salon. It works on some afro textured hair.
>>
>>9155558
Contour usually is, yeah.
Highlights might. I have some that say "illuminator" or "pearlized cheek glow" or some weird shit like that.
>>
>>9155558
The products are usually named contour poder, contour cream, contour pencil, contour stick etc etc etc.

However you can use any matte shade as a contour. Some people like certain eyeshadow colors for contouring.

Highlights will usually always be called highlights. They can come in various forms as well. There are pressed and loose powders, creams, sticks, etc. You can use shimmery eyeshadows for highligting as well.

I think your best bet is to just go into a Sephora or MAC and have your makeup done and ask the person doing it to explain what they are doing while they are doing it and ask questions. Also watch Youtube videos about it like a mofo.

Not every makeup look requires highlightng and contouring, it's just a really popular technique right now. I would only do a really strong contour/highlight for cosplay photos or a night out.
>>
>>9154897
Have you looked after it like black hair?
>>
>>9155531
Contouring is only necessary if you're wearing a high coverage foundation or for photoshoot; in real life any kind of excessive contouring is obvious and goofy looking.

Highlighting, I would say, is only ever needed for characters more on the bishie end of the spectrum. I've never used highlighting for a character that wasn't 1) into beauty, or 2) depicted or described as outstandingly beautiful. while highlighting is beautifying, it's not at all natural looking. Compare to bronzer or mascara, which emulates more of a heightened reality thing and might still pass as natural looking.
>>
>>9155663
So what do I do then? Because just using foundation so far has left my face looking flat
>>
>>9155687
Depends on the character. For anime characters I personally like the slightly flat look, but a light contouring should still work fine. Blush when appropriate (cute and young characters!).

My routine for your typical shounen main character is a medium cover foundation, some light contouring for cheekbones, jawline and brows (unless I'm doing a photoshoot at which point I might deepen it a little), shaping my brows a little using a pencil, a nude eyeshadow with some darker definition at the crease and the outer corner of my eye as well as a soft brown liner for some extra definition. Black or brown mascara that's not intended as SUPER EXTREME LASHES. For the extra anime look you might also want to go for a nude-gradient lip. Occasionally bronzer if character appropriate.

Shoujo, pretty much same except more lashes, more defined eyeshadow, lipgloss and blush.

Bishie anything focus on well shaped brows, highlight on cheekbones and cupids bow. Maybe the inner corners of your eyes, brow bone and lid if you want a more made up look. A lot of bishies are natural beauties, so be careful with lip products and eyeshadows, but maybe go for a more covering foundation.

With all this said, I am self taught and HARDLY a pro in any way. If someone entirely disagree that's fine, this is just what I find works for me.
>>
>>9155663
contouring is only noticeable if you are bad at it and slap it on your face like a clown. It's called subtlety and blending anon, it takes practice but it really isn't that hard. Good contouring for everyday shouldn't even look like you are wearing any makeup, just natural shadows on your face. The only person who should notice is you.

>>9155687
Just keep watching youtube videos, lots and lots of youtube videos, find someone who looks vaguely like you and emulate them. Learn what products they use and why. Then go to a store that lets you try products (most dedicated makeup stores. If they don't let you try before you buy, don't buy) so you can find colors that complement your skin. Don't be afraid to ask questions either, usually people at makeup stores will be super excited to help you out and if you explain your budget beforehand they won't upsell you. Not to say there aren't pushy sales people, but usually if you go in and say "I am looking for a nice contour and highlighting kit that complements my skin tone, I don't want to spend over $20 though, what do you suggest?" they will be more than happy to accommodate.

Of course you don't even have to use a specific contouring kit, I personally use matte eyeshadows because any contouring kit I find is too orange and dark for my skin. It ends up looking like I have spray tan smudges on my face, rather than natural shadows. Honestly I think eyeshadows are better because you can usually find a shade that matches your real shadows no problem. I even have a few slightly different shades for different lighting and times of day. Taupe all the way baby!

Most importantly don't be afraid to fuck up and look stupid, it's all a part of the learning process. You won't have perfect flawless makeup the first time, or even the tenth time, practice and experimentation are absolutely necessary.
>>
>>9155687
Are you using too much/too high coverage? Do you use blush at all?
>>
>>9154988
I did about a month and a half but it genuinely looked like an entire layer of scalp was peeling off, it was really, really gross, lol. Sorry for coming off so negative, the tips were really useful and honestly work for most girls with similar hair so thanks for typing them out!

>>9155224
I've gone to all kind including ones that specialize in black hair. They also kind of shrugged and said unless I commit to a keratin/consistent relaxer I'm stuck with my hair, and I want to do keratin but my job keeps me traveling/moving every couple of months so I can't commit.

>>9155225
Yeah I think I have a nice enough head shape to do a shaved look, it's just a really intimidating/harsh look so I have to really think about it.

>>9155605
As much as I can with internet research.

>>9155559
Doesn't exist in my current town nor the town I'm going to next by the looks of it

And to get back on track with the makeup (sorry for derailing so much);
>>9155227
As >>9155229 said, it's mainly practice. Start by using one or two colours to blend with and see how high you want your shadow to be and how you want it to frame your eyes. Then start working with more colours like a beige on your lid, then a red or brown in the crease and a darker colour in the corners. You can eyeball most beauty youtubers too and just copy what they're doing to see what works for you. I have brows close to my face for example, so I don't do the big eyeshadow that is trendy right now because it would eat up my lids and make it too drag-like, but I do put a bit of eyeshadow on my lower lash line to compensate and add a bit of colour pop.
>>
>>9155807
>find someone who looks vaguely like you and emulate them
I have yet to find any males doing makeup videos that aren't doing drag makeup. I've seen a few done by some women, but they never explain what it is their doing other than brushing on darker or lighter colors, and I wasn't too sure what exactly they were using. And none of them are especially helpful when covering slight stubble lol

>>9155828
I haven't used blush, but as for the first part, I don't know if I'm using too much or not enough. I have been trying to figure this out on my own
>>
>>9152443
they literally dont give a shit about what people like and just discontinue things so that they can move other stuff into production
i recommend you check lush kitchen tho
>>
>>9155924
You watched Wayne Goss?
>>
File: Makeup_for_Men.jpg (34KB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
Makeup_for_Men.jpg
34KB, 480x271px
>>9155924
OOOOOHHHHHHHH
ooooohhhh
sorry, I didn't realize you were male!
That doesn't change too much, but it does make it a little harder for you if you just want normal makeup. I really suggest looking up Kevyn Aucoin and his books, they are still mostly for women but he does have several videos and pages in his books about makeup for men. Also as >>9156081 said, wayne goss is pretty good too.

Basically, you want to use the search terms makeup for male professionals, male makeup high def (not because you need high def makeup but just because it comes up with good results), film makeup for men, natural makeup for men, shit like that! There is a lot of info out there, it just is a little harder to find! Basically for your search terms you need to add another modifier to 'makeup for men' to find things that AREN'T drag.
>>
>>9155807
I don't quite agree with you; even well blended contouring can look pretty obvious if it's strong enough and the lighting isn't favorable. But yeah, it should be really subtle. I think it's better to start light; if the camera doesn't pick up on it you can always add it in post-process, but if you look like a goof on the con floor there's not much you can do.
>>
File: too-faced-love-flush-blush.png (387KB, 685x429px) Image search: [Google]
too-faced-love-flush-blush.png
387KB, 685x429px
>>9152708
Super late reply but thank you anon! Are there any brands that you like for the blush that you'd recommend? I have Too Faced's Love Flush which seemed nice but it's too pink for the job so I don't know if I should buy another of those in another color or if there's a more fitting blush out there.
>>
>>9156432
One of* Too Faced's Love Flush, oops.(I should also add that it's Justify My Love)
I should go to sleep

sage for typo correction/double post
>>
>realized that there are a few korean makeup stores near me
>they have pretty much everything, from old stuff to new stuff

I have a medium skintone with warm undertones, and I've never bought makeup outside of bb cream, blush, and eyeliner.
where do I start?
>>
File: 45024_1.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
45024_1.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>9156432
I'd say to suit this looks its actually better to stick away from really bight pinks like that, if you realllly, want a pink look you can, but it won't look amazing as that blueish based pink just won't give a sickly look it'll just look really fake. Admittedly I do use bright pink like that for more doll like looks, but not sickly,, but when I do I make sure I apply it really evenly and my eye shadow is usually a brighter pink than it which diffuses it. Both love handover and how deep is your love looks fine for the look to the right of the screen. Your love is kind will even work for a sort of dark larme look, I tried that once and really like the result but the plum sort of shade does make you look very sick to be honest, as its less obviously fake than straight up red. pic related is the shade I use to blend into red

I might make you an info graph later.
>>
>>9156458
I've just started wearing more makeup as well. Recently been filling in my eyebrows, so that's a cool thing. For Korean makeup specifically, things that are fun to try out are like, lip tints, and the undereye highlighters. But they're also really known for skincare, so I'd say go for those. Sunscreen, toners, moisturizers, etc.

Also, if you're in the US, they're probably not like, licensed resellers, so there's probably a significant markup on those items. It's nice to go to those stores to check out the items in person, but afterwards you can probably find them online for much cheaper.
>>
>>9156473
Again, thank you so much! I knew that Justify my Love was way too much for the style once I tried it on, haha. I'll make sure to try with the other colors and try the one you posted though!

>I might make you an info graph later.
I would love you forever if you could sometime, anon!
>>
>>9156432
I'd recommend getting the blush palettes from elf; they're cheap and have 4 colors in each palette for you to experiment with. Some skin tones take to orangey/coral tones better, reds, etc. so it's better to have a variety to play with to see which looks best on you before investing in an expensive blush
>>
>>9156497
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely be on the lookout for that palette, then!
>>
>>9156485
Okay I just did two of the blushes tonight but my eyes are getting mad at me so I'll get the others done soon. I'm going to post the different blush colours with and without eye make up and then a drawn representation as well.
>>
I'm doing shironuri for Halloween meaning my entire face, ears, and neck will be painting white. How do I keep my paint from rubbing off on my bonnet ties and shirt collar? I've watched minori's shironuri tutorial, used the same products, and did that last year and still got a lot of paint transfer on my shirt collar
>>
>>9156624
Greasepaint *will* rub off, it's inevitable. No matter how much you seal it. Make sure you've powdered it until it's not at all tacky, use a sealant spray and then check the Homestuck thread for help.

alternately just use PAX for your neck
>>
>>9142815
Cliniques Take The Day Away cleansing balm & Micella water
>>
>>9138770
>> Favorite Western makeup brand/product?
Too Faced & Illamasqua.
>> Drugstore?
Nyx & E.L.F
>> Asian?
Dollywink, Etude House, Innisfree.
>> Worst makeup product you've ever used?
IT cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer.
>> Favorite makeup artist?
Pennold, Glam & Gore.
>> What makeup product do you think should be in everyone's makeup collection?
A decent primer.
>>
>>9156674
Is PAX skin safe? I don't want my bonnet to get stuck to my neck...
>>
>>9156697
Neither Liquitex or Pros Aide are going to tell you it's 100% skin safe because it's nothing they've tested out properly, but I've never encountered anyone who had a reaction. You need to powder it, but if you do it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>9156614
>>9156614
Anon you're too sweet for doing this but please take your time! There's no rush so don't stress your eyes over it
>>
File: 2220339.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2220339.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>9156686
>IT cosmetics bye bye undereye concealer
Agreed! It dried so cakey and set into undereye grooves/wrinkles I never even knew I had in the first place. I used a teensy amount and got good coverage but it didn't last long.

I'm using pic related with surprisingly good results. It applies well with the roller and I use a makeup sponge to blend everything out.
>>
>the become a housewife post got deleted
lol
>>
I feel like I'm retarded with blush. I had the perfect shade/product surprisingly from Essence, and I used it throughout the years but they discontinued it so for the past few months I've been trying to find a new one and I both cannot find a good colour nor can I seem to find and liquid blush. Is that out? I used to find it everywhere and I enjoy liquid blush the most, I have an inability to put powder blush on my cheeks and making it look consistent, it's always patchy and awkward looking, but now there's only creams in tins and powders.

Basically does anyone know of a brand (preferably one that is available in a physical store in the USA) that makes decent liquid blush in a soft peach (I'm tan with olive undertone) or reddish copper colours? I like both alternatives depending on my style of the day.
>>
>>9156793
Ok thanks! Gonna try that. I know pro-aide is skin safe and I don't have sensitive skin
>>
is water-based primer and foundation worth considering if I'll be moving to somewhere really humid? I'm oily and silicone-based stuff slides off my face as it is after a few hours, and I live somewhere really dry.
>>
>>9156148
>>9156081
I have looked up Wayne Goss and have been watching his videos all day. Thank you both so much for directing me to him! This is something that needs to be shared more!
>>
File: taperedparallel.jpg (29KB, 441x279px) Image search: [Google]
taperedparallel.jpg
29KB, 441x279px
I have tapered double eyelids and was wondering how I could get them deeper & parallel (pic related) for j-fashion and cosplay. I've only tried double eyelid tapes once and it didn't really do anything. Would something like Koji Eye Talk glue work?
>>
>>9158357
I am glad for you anon! Enjoy your new found source for makeup learnings!
>>
>>9158674
Pray for my poor wallet though. Why are brushes so damned expensive?
>>
>>9158692
You don't really need top-of-the-line brushes. Wet n Wild came out with some recently that are surprisingly good for the price.
>>
>>9158692
>>9158751
Also if you're in the USA, TJ Maxx and Ross have great brand brushes usually for super cheap prices. Obviously they won't have an amazing collection but I've found top of the line kabuki brushes there for like $6
>>
>>9156066
This is what I always suspected. I always forget about the kitchen, so thanks for the reminder.
Do you know anything about Lush perfumes? I'm trying to get a possible resale value on a full set of the old oils they used to carry. (fire tree, exhale, etc)
>>
>>9139568
>>
Does anyone have any tips or tutorials for asian hooded eyes? Or maybe I'm using the wrong term. I have double eyelids but they sort of fold up over themselves so it looks like I have monolids front on. When I look up tutes for hooded eyes it's never exactly what I have and I have so much trouble with make up because of them.
>>
Does anyone know where to purchase dolly wink products that isn't super over priced?
>>
>>9159090
japan
>>
>>9148163
I don't know what those people make but it can't be too far off from minimum wage..
>>
>>9160115
They're salespeople, they probably make commission. Hence why they still push products on you when it's not exactly what you wanted.
>>
>>9159050
omg i know this feel
>>
Suggestions for lip tint?
>>
>>9158671
There's different kinds of double eyelid tape, ones that are sticky on both sides, and ones that are sticky on only one side. If you already have eyelids, getting the one sided ones works better than the double sided ones. Also, depending on where you place them, they will have a different effect.

I can't say anything about the eye glue, unfortunately, because I just use tape for my asian eyelids.
>>
>>9140910

I want to like them but I havent found anything I super love yet. I like their bathbombs just because they smell nice but I only use them when I feel like pampering myself. I also never use the whole thing per bath, I usually break it in two.
I thought I found a winner with their lip scrub, it really did the trick. But it have me a weird reaction on the skin around my lips and made them super patchy and dry, literal flakes of skin were coming off my face.
>>
How are returns at sephora? I was gifted a primer that didn't work for my skin, and I know sephora usually accepts returns without a receipt for store credit. However, the issue is that I'm not 100% sure it was originally purchased from sephora, although sephora does sell the same item. Would this make a difference?
>>
>>9161322
Wouldn't you need a receipt?
>>
>>9161324
>sephora usually accepts returns without a receipt for store credit
>>
>>9161322
They have no way of really knowing, hence why they usually take an ID and record it to make sure you don't do it too often.
>>
>>9143830
May be too late for this, but be careful shaving. I'm a harrier girl with plenty of facial hair, and when I was younger I shaved my chin. The hair there is pretty dark and thick now (inb4 that's a myth), even when I wax it. If you're not too hairy though, they do make small razors for that purpose. Now I wax my entire face, but it does break me out for a day or two afterwards.
>>
File: color_36.jpg (24KB, 527x360px) Image search: [Google]
color_36.jpg
24KB, 527x360px
>>9157555
The only drugstore liquid blush I've seen in recent yeas is from Bourjois, but the pigmentation is very sheer and I don't know if it would work on tan skin. Only other options I can think of are the Benetint (which are over priced in my opinion, but I'm is Aus so its like $50 here) or Majolica Majorca's Cream de Cheek. I'd go with the MM if you can get it, but yeah finding it a problem.

Would you be okay with cream blushes? I think the Stila convertibles are easy to use, and their colours lean towards more warm and natural. They have more of a gel like consistency and get a bit more liquid when warmed up.
>>
>>9140910
I havent tried the makeup but ive been using their coalface facewatch for 6+ months now and I love it! I've definitely seen a reduction of blackheads + ive been using the same 16$ bar that i just cut into slices for the past 6 months and im nowhere near done with it.
>>
Are there any MLBB lip tints/shades? I'm obviously not talking thickly layered on but more that leftover tint. My natural lip colour is more or less like pic related.
>>
>>9141403
Nicka K eyeliners have worked extremely well for me. They're dirt cheap, but they fuckin' stay put.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.