[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /cgl/, going as one of these dudes to Otakon this year, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: skeleton-wheel.jpg (42KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-wheel.jpg
42KB, 300x380px
Hey /cgl/, going as one of these dudes to Otakon this year, and it's a bit down to the wire. For the spikes on the wheel, would bamboo chopsticks be acceptable in terms of safety? They aren't sharp by any means, but I'd figure I'd ask some more experienced people. Thanks.
>>
File: 20160606_231552.jpg (652KB, 906x1411px) Image search: [Google]
20160606_231552.jpg
652KB, 906x1411px
This is awesome- I'll be there wearing this too! One of my favorite cosplays to wear. I think as long as they are secured, the chopsticks should be okay with the weapons check guys. The only concern I can guess they would have is poking people in crowded areas. But they aren't sharp, so I would assume it's okay. What's the diameter of the wheel and what material is it? That might factor into their decision. Do you have any progress pics?

My wheel is wood and the spikes are EVA foam, I'm a little worried myself. It's not dangerous by any means, but I worry they'd find it too unwieldy and heavy for me to be carrying around.

Are you coming to the From Soft meetup? I am hosting it! I'd love to see you there.
>>
File: 20160809_231528.jpg (2MB, 2391x4250px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_231528.jpg
2MB, 2391x4250px
Dang, yours is really good! Did you get your wheel from Wayfair? I think we have the same one. I didn't originally plan on going to the Fromsoft meetup but now I suppose I am.

I still have to add the spikes and trim a spoke or two, but I'm adding some lining to the inner side of the rim so it doesn't annihilate my shoulder.
>>
File: tumblr_ma9agzq78d1rcfcwlo1_500.jpg (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma9agzq78d1rcfcwlo1_500.jpg
138KB, 500x500px
That's amazing that we have the same wheel! I found mine locally somewhere but yeah it looks like exactly the same model. Mine has a small pillow attached where it rests on my shoulder, I definitely recommend it- I wore this to MAGfest for a couple of years and had no problems carrying it for pretty much a full day each time.

This will be hilarious, if we come across each other I'd relish the opportunity to tag team chase people around. The meetup is Saturday at 1PM, outside of Charles St. Lobby east exit. My sister will be wearing it then since I'll be sporting Vicar Amelia for the meetup.

FB group: FromSoftwareAtOtakon
>>
File: tumblr_mrf8k7o1EK1rbxs2mo1_500.jpg (126KB, 413x718px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrf8k7o1EK1rbxs2mo1_500.jpg
126KB, 413x718px
I think we'll be hard to miss! 100% down to clown and chase some poor undead around. If I don't see you somewhere in the con proper, we'll meet at the meetup.
>>
No, getting rammed with a chopstick in the eye cos you're in a crowd is a potential, go for foam
>>
two skeletons having a conversation

this thread is too spoopy for me
>>
File: 1405061046334.gif (657KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1405061046334.gif
657KB, 500x281px
>>9136912
>>9137010
holy fuck now there's two of you
>>
>>9138013
This. Those spikes look thicker than chopsticks anyway, and foam is easier to carve than wood. Not to mention chopsticks would be more likely to snap if they knock into something hard, whereas foam would just spring back.

Also next time use the Help thread.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.