[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pricing & Sales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: money.jpg (127KB, 957x839px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
127KB, 957x839px
I've decided to go whole new direction with my shop and want to liquidate my current stock for both the money and room to do so. I'd like to make dirt cheap grab bags, but is there such a price as "too cheap?"

Buyers and sellers, what are your views/advice on pricing?
>>
if something is too cheap a lot of buyers will be suspicious of the quality and not purchase. there have been times that i was trying to sell clothing and when i took it down and relisted it at a slightly higher price the item sold right away.
>>
>>9132053
Just provide detailed proof photos and let the quality speak for itself. Explaining the situation will help too, such as "closet cleaning, liquidating wardrobe for emergency ______, low prices to make it move fast" etc

Can this be the price check thread?
>>
>>9132418
I'll be selling the bags in person so people can totally see that the products are good
>>
>>9132485
OP again, do you think there should be, like, a sample bag unpacked at the table so people know it's just a really aggressive liquidation sale and not a bunch of defects?
>>
>>9132891
Yes
>>
Anon, what are you selling? Email me?
>>
>>9132891
Yeah I think that would definitely be good - it might even entice more people to buy the grab bag. Grab bags are fun but sometimes I hesitate to buy them if I don't know what kind of items I'm going to be getting. Like, even a description on a sign that says what will be in it would be helpful (like "accessories lucky pack" vs "lucky pack with gothic OR sweet hair accessories and jewelry").

It kinda reminds me of metamorphose's happy packs that they sell during new years - you can pick light or dark colors and they post example photos of what you might get, but it's still random.
>>
>>9132240
Seconding this
>>
typically when I liquidate and do clearance, I just do the items 25%, or further, half off, to the closest rounded number. I make sure to note that these items are clearance, and have them side-by-side with my current items in the shop, that way people can see how much things normally cost, etc. Not having a normally priced item beside it or having them in "mystery style bags" may make them seem cheaper, and definitely watch how low you're pricing.

Most every artist I know, including myself, has success with the "$1 box", which can be a good add-on if you have things priced at $9 or $18. Teenagers always love to dig through the box and find a treasure or five, cause they're only a dollar. I wouldn't put anything that you normally sell for more than $5, tho.
>>
>>9133927
They're shirts
>>
>>9136742
Oh, if they're all shirts you don't need to work as hard to prove they're good quality. I'm guessing they're like anything else in your shop?

Also link?
>>
>>9137448
wellplayedclothing.net
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.