[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on wearing cosplay to a movie the weekend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: brave-cosplay-1.jpg (109KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
brave-cosplay-1.jpg
109KB, 650x431px
What is your opinion on wearing cosplay to a movie the weekend the movie is released? (Costume is related to the movie)
>>
idk, i think it's cool. probably be less weird if it were a really big release or something with a really large fanbase

one of my favorite memories as a kid was going to see Harry Potter when it first released and seeing all the people dressed up as the characters. i was so excited that other people were so in to it.

i mean, once you're inside no one's going to see anyway. if it'll make you enjoy the experience more, go for it!
>>
>>9112577
I made a Jedi knight outfit to wear to TFA the night it was released, and that was really fun! Star Wars is a massive fanbase in its own right, so there were loads of other people in casual fan gear and a few other costumes. I'm absolutely going to make something for when Rogue One hits the theatres; I don't think there are any other movie franchises I'm as pumped for as Star Wars (and would thus go stand in an hour's line before a screening).

But like the anon above said, Disney, DC, Marvel, Harry Potter, Ghostbusters - all the big fanbases with distinctive and recognisable costumes are great fodder for dressing up. You should check with a theatre beforehand to see if it has guidelines - mine doesn't allow masks, bodypaint, or prop weapons, so lightsabers and aliens were out.
>>
Do it at a midnight showing or a special event. Any other time, even on the same weekend, might be a little much.
>>
Never done it, but seen it done before. Its pretty okay in my book
>>
>>9112577
>no freckles
>all that photoshop

Merida 6/10
>>
>>9112598
I cosplayed as Rey the night of the Episode VII premiere, and it was so much fun! Out of everyone who cosplayed that night, I was actually the only one who showed up as Rey, so I got a lot of compliments that night.

I agree with pretty much all the other anons in this thread. Midnight premieres are the best time to cosplay, especially for a huge movie franchise like Star Wars.
>>
>wearing a costume to sit in the dark for two hours when you haven't yet seen the full source material

Idk seems dumb but no real reason to fault you
>>
File: Frank N Furter.jpg (281KB, 401x500px) Image search: [Google]
Frank N Furter.jpg
281KB, 401x500px
ok by me, people have been doing it for ages
>>
>>9112864
> implying people can't dress up from prequels.
>>
>>9112873
Ah, truu, I just saw brave in the op and my brain daisy chained. Still you have to sit still in it during the actual movie, eep.
>>
Pls don't dress up and go to the cinema on normal days, unless your costume is the size of normal clothes, you'll just get in the way if other people paying to see the film which isn't fair.

I've been invited to a few movie premieres in costume though. Thats always fun!
>>
>>9112577
I thought most theatres banned it after the Aurora shooting?
>>
Adding to the advice to stay sensible with the costumes and to err on the side of being more conservative than you would be at a convention, since there's more casual fans/moviegoers and families at a screening than you would find in a con setting. Obviously no large hats/props or ballgowns that would take up aisle space or block views, and for personal comfort I wouldn't even wear a wig (you'll be in the dark most of the time and non-cosplayers aren't anal about that anyways).

>Imgur posts of people dressing up as ...Sith Slave Leia?... for the TFA release
>around kids and families
>why.png

>>9113113
My local theatres were just a lot more strict in their guidelines - no masks or prop weapons, which they especially needed to emphasise for TFA, since a lot of Star Wars designs have ...masks and lightsabers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.