[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechacon 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (47KB, 1087x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 1087x403px
Mechacon is only two weeks away! Who else is excited for the lolita fashion show, and is anyone else still working on their coords for the tea party? The theme is perfect for an AatP event!
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 1334x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 1334x501px
>>9103261
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 600x882px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 600x882px
>>9103275
>>
It's my first Mechacon so I'm super excited! I've only ever been to huge, shitty cons and I've heard nothing but good things. Plus, the fact that it's in NOLA is a plus
>>
Guest list is a little small this year, but the guests they have are pretty good.

>>9104016
Fourth Mecha here. As a native, I *consider* Mecha a big con. (And it's so much better than the comic con that takes place in the convention center. Like, in every way.)
>>
... People actually give a shit about this con? Where the fuck have I been?
>>
>>9104016
Same here! I'm coming from out of state because fav brand, ofc. Got some friends modelling in the show, I'm so excited to see what pieces Baby/AatP bring!
>>
>>9104048
Yeah man, I'm so sick of bigger cons with so much hype that have tons of guests and way too much programming, and then they end up with a bunch of guests/panelists that flake last minute.
>>
>>9104066
It kind of flies under the radar. It's a bit too small to be considered a "huge con" but at the same time it's way too big to be considered a "small con."

Also New Orleans isn't a very weeby place, so a lot of the base is in-staters who don't have anything better going on in, I don't know, Natchitoches or wherever the fuck they're coming from.
>>
>>9104016
It's my first Mecha too! Very excited for the fashion show and tea party, and look forward to panels. I love visiting New Orleans and love having another excuse to go.
>>
>>9104016
>>9104341

This will be my first time to the con, and to New Orleans as well, so I'm extra excited to go to the lolita events and panels as well as do some sightseeing. Will totally be a lame tourist and get some beignets at some point too!

Can't wait to see what everyone wears to the tea! The theme is awesome.
>>
>>9104357
if you really want a great place to eat, Charter's House Cafe in the french quarter is pretty much the best local cuisine in new orleans, and really in louisiana.
>>
>>9104386
Thank you for the tip!
>>
I'm volunteering all 3 days. I've been doing this for years since I was a NEET, even though I have a job now and can afford the ticket. Mechacon doesn't feel right unless I'm checking badges. I hope to see some of you there.
>>
>>9104899
You know if it's too late to see if they still have open spots for volunteers? I was thinking about it.
>>
>>9105111
Not that anon you replied to, but I think they accept volunteers until the day of. You just won't have a preset schedule if you don't apply by a certain date or something like that
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 640x1136px
>>9105111
>>
Tfw you know people are only coming in from out of state for Baby. Bring your best coords for the tea, gulls. I want to bask in the presence of so many frills from my fav brand
>>
>tfw this is home con but you can't go cause of fear of running into your ex
>tfw i miss my lolita comm who i won't get to see
I love this con with all my heart but i can't bring myself to go this year...i hope at least the Nola Comm has fun and so does my ex.
>>
>>9108046
Anon, why let your ex ruin what looks to be an awesome event for you?
>>
>>9108344
Things ended on a poor note to say the least,and i feel like if she saw me it would bring up the memories and she really doesn't deserve that.
Besides i also don't have the spare money to go so it' fine.
>>
>>9108046
Anon friend, I am having a similar situation at my home con this year. If you are able to go, I'll send you so many good vibes and stand in solidarity with you - we both deserve to have fun and be happy at cons that bring us joy.
>>
>>9108046
Your comm misses you come back to Mecha
>>
>>9104386
American Sector at the D-Day Museum has a nice seasonal menu
>>
I was a little disappointed two years ago. I might go again because I'm in town and have friends going. I just don't want to buy things because I dropped about a $800 on a rifle which is stretching my poorfag college student finances.

Maybe meeting some /cgl/s will improve it.
>>
>>9109287
> $800 dollars on a rifle
> "poorfag"

Because that's a great decision, anon.
>>
Another first timer to both the con and the city! My tea party coord is on the plain side unfortunately because I couldn't seem to fit the theme without feeling too costumey, but that's okay, I'm excited to see everyone else's!

Any other first timers who want to do touristy things over the weekend, maybe we could try getting together?
>>
>>9110248
I feel you on the tea party coord struggle, anon. It's a great theme, but there's a fine line between being on point and looking costume-y. So I'm nervous to try going all out lol. I'm a first timer as well, but I'll be working throughout the con so I probably won't have any time to do any sightseeing. I hope you find some people to hang out with!
>>
>>9110200
Because ARs will only get more expensive and difficult to find closer to the election, senpai.
>>
>>9105119
Goddamn that's a good incentive to offer one day badge tiers for volunteering
>>
>>9110526
Heck yeah it is!
>>
4 and a half days until the con...has the con crunch panic set in for anyone else yet??
>>
Have any of you ever been to Mechacon's maid cafe? How was it? I'm considering going, but don't want to waste my money if it sucks.
>>
>>9115249
They seem to have a semi-decent amount of likes on their Facebook page, and seem pretty active, but I can't get over how mismatched their outfits are. Why can't cafes realise that one matching uniform for everyone is the way to go??
>>
Well, it's tomorrow.

Since they closed volunteers online but said that they're still taking them at the con itself, does that mean that if I wanted to I should get my badge first and then go volunteer or volunteer and get a day badge?
>>
>>9108481
Im that the anon that replied earlier... but I wish you still came. I miss you.
>>
Ded con

RIP in pieces
>>
I want to know deets about the lolita content. How was the fashion show? And do tell about the teaparty once it happens!
>>
>>9121648
Oops thats suppossed to say not. Oh well.
>>
>>9122238
The music was good, the models were great, the dresses were amazing!

But the fucking rowdy asshats in the crowd ruined the show for me and my friends. I don't understand how they didn't realize how incredibly rude they were being, screaming at the top of their lungs and shouting at their friends on stage! And another incredibly annoying thing: the douchebag photographers who decided to get right up in front of the stage and block the audience's view of the models!

Ugh. So much salt. Learn how to act in public dammit! Hopefully the tea party won't be a total shitshow, and make up for having the fashion show ruined.
>>
>whose line is it anyway-style skit
>nobody can improv

WHY.jpg
>>
>>9122400
I saw a clip on instagram. The lighting looked pretty bad. I don't see how anyone could really see the dresses, or the photographers would get good pictures.
>>
Well, it's over now. What was your favorite event and cosplays?

I loved the burlesque show.
>>
File: IMG_20160731_221519.jpg (541KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160731_221519.jpg
541KB, 1280x1280px
>>9122238
From the BTSSB twitter, it looked cute!
>>
>>9122400
Aw I'm really sorry to hear that some of the crowd spoiled the show for you, but as someone who was super nervous about being in it, it means a lot that you thought we all looked good!

I really enjoyed the tea party today. It was really interactive and everyone looked amazing! Great job, Mecha staff and attendees.
>>
The tea party was amazing! It wasn't rushed, there was a ton of food with more than one vegetarian option, the raffle prizes were fun and cute, and getting to look at Tomomi's sketchbooks was absolutely amazing! Thank you so much to the MechaCon fashion staff for putting on such a wonderful event for us!
>>
>>9124527
I'm living vicariously through social media postings of these events. I wanted to go so bad! Maybe next year.
>>
>>9122400
>>9123683
Ditto for me. The crowd made me feel less nervous. But it was quite rowdy so I understand how annoying it had to be for y'all in the audience.

All the lolita events were so much fun! And it was so special that we got to debut 2 new prints. The tea party was the best I've ever been to. The staff did such an amazing job, I'm already pumped for next year.
>>
>>9124708
I saw the new AaTP Halloween print, what was the other one?
>>
>>9124755
Puppy print. They just posted it on Twitter.
>>
More on Lolita events? were they good enough to want to go back next year?
>>
>>9126233
Yes
>>
>>9126233
Definitely, the tea party was great. The food was good, and there were plenty of activities to keep us occupied. There were nice prizes and giveaways. Tomomi was a sweetheart. It was my first brand tea party, and it convinced me brand tea parties are worth going to.
>>
>>9126233
Most definitely. I drove over 7 hours to get there, and I'll for sure be back next year. Plus, the local comm was super wonderful and nice, so it really added to how great their events were.

10/10 do wish I had a time machine so I could go back and do it all over again. Tomomi was amazing!
>>
>>9126233
Tea party was really fun, and seconding >>9126681, the NOLA comm was very welcoming and kind.

I was in the show and I had a great time - Tomomi was very sweet and I would like to see her return. I hope the fashion show was enjoyable to the people watching - we didn't have a ton of practice time that was actually on stage, but I understand it is hard to get certain rooms for a huge amount of time.
>>
why is jace (not naming last names because if you know him you know him) the most toxic obnoxious shitty cosplayer in the entire louisiana community
>>
>>9127885
My worry too. I asked friends for feedback. We spent hours waiting but a half hr practicing. I hope we didn't fail you guys.
>>
>>9123683
The tea party was so much fun. I loved the many food options and games.
>>
>>9131026
Don't worry Anon, everyone but the awkward skipping girl did a great job on stage!
>>
>>9131097
Thank you so much!
>>
Why is this not a con about actual mecha?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.