[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weebcore trend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: hqdefault.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
It's been going on for years now but what exactly is this fashion called and what classifies it?

It's tumblr "aesthetic" matched with pastel goth , general "kawaii fashion" and american apparel tennis skirts with anime/japanese references to everything.

Shit thread but legitimate question. Trying to consolidate what this scene even is.
>>
>>9101362
/fa/ pls go
>>
We usually call it animetrashswag but that's only a joke name, that's just fandom fashion.
>>
>>9101367
sounds pretty appropriate. thanks. didn't know if this was under j-fashion or what.
>>
There is an active trend in Japan of trying to mix Harajuku fashion sense with Akihabara consumer passion. There's no offical name but I've seen <name> x <name> in either order or "Otaku Style".

Usually it's expressed with a definite artistic flare to how the screen print is positioned onto the t-shirt or making a repeating design look mundane from a distance but it's actually character or logo from an anime.
>>
I pretty much fucking hate this style. It's just repeating patterns of dumb mainstream anime shit printed on crop tops or high waisted circle skirts which those alone are plenty fugly and it's even worse with shitty entry level crap on it, clashing with every single other pattern you wear. Something that also relates and I hate as well is anime tights like with Sailor Moon shit on it, but only fan made ones. I understand licensed ones, but people selling their own bad drawings of popular characters on tights that come in 3XL is just hideous and I wouldn't be caught dead like that. If you really appreciate a series, buy official merch that at least somehow circulates back to the creators and makes you look much more "otaku-kei" rather than some shitty silkscreen print shirt of the Kirito superimposed over a screen grab of Evangelion. My main issue with shit like this is that it's trying to masquerade as something it isn't: something kawaii and fun instead of embarrassing and weird that anime will always be to the masses. Putting your sailor moon on a crop top and putting glitter on the roots of your hair doesn't make you better than the fat crusty otaku in his wotagei attire. Just play it how it is, you have no fucking life and you watch garbage anime and at least you're not trying to trick yourself into thinking you're cool and trendy by wearing stupid shit that people like Jillian Vessey wear and think they're trendsetters.
>>
>>9101362
is that fucking noodlerella
>>
>>9101367
>>9101403
animetrashswag is a online store that sells poor quality merchandise of this style, not what the fashion is actually called. Please don't call it that, that's like calling lolita fashion "Bodyline".
>>
>>9102353
Yes. She's rather big on this style.
>>
>>9102360
grim
>>
>>9101362
Animayy lmao
>>
>>9102359
Newfag detected, the store was named after the insult.
>>
>>9101362
No idea who she is but I really want to sock her in the face for some reason.
>>
>>9102506
Yeah, they didn't come up with "anime trash" but no one was adding "swag" to the end of it before them. Plus, the term was originally used to describe otaku, not what they're wearing.
>>
this is like "scene" of this decade, i guess.

thank god its finally dying
>>
File: croptop.png (8KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
croptop.png
8KB, 475x360px
Excuse my shit paint drawing.
I saw some girls wearing a croptop that looked like this. The moons were pretty much cupping their boobs with the crystal being the nipple. It was incredibly cringe to look at.
>>
>>9102261
>fan made garb
Pet peeve of mine too. I understand some series don't actually have merch so fans try to make it themselves, but if it's not the official art style or a purposely different art style then I'm not interested. Something like pic related really irks me for said reason.
>>
>>9102747
I think what makes these specific ones especially shit is that the heads are so close to the crotch that if they were worn with a skirt or shorts, all you'd see is their bodies. What is even the point?
>>
>>9102757
The point is they're supposed to be worn with loose fitting shirts, so the leggings serve as pants. Aside from that trend (I feel insecure in compression pants for working out so maybe I'm an outlier here), the art style looks blatantly fan made and just rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>9102515
You'd feel the same if you watched her videos desu
>>
>>9101362
Ya'll are gonna burn me at the stake, but I really like this shit. It makes me feel kawaii without needing to wear a specific Jfashion.
>>
>>9102261
Salty much? Let people enjoy what they want and who cares what others think. Anime is going kinda mainstream anyways, for better or for worse.
>>
>>9102747
This shit is so tacky. I would like this style if it was more like pic related, where the images are more subtle and balanced intead of just slapping on a bunch of characters everywhere. Printing random art onto a shirt without making sure it looks right is so lazy.
>>
>>9102743
I am cringing imagining it.
>>
File: HTB1t04TLFXXXXb0XXXXq6xXFXXXo.jpg (109KB, 750x917px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1t04TLFXXXXb0XXXXq6xXFXXXo.jpg
109KB, 750x917px
I fucking hate this fucking shit. All they ever sell is Sailor Moon related shit. Sailor moon is fucking everywhere. I hate Sailor Moon. And on top of that, they don't even respect their own favorite characters and have to make them punk and tumblirish and shit.
>>
I don't understand this trend. What makes is different from wearing a Hot Topic t-shirt with your favorite anime on it? Is it just flashier? If I wear my Broncos crewneck with a circle skirt can I call it football-kei?
>>
>>9104222
kek
do it anon
>>
>>9104201
yeah seriously, not every young woman/teen girl watched sailor moon. I didn't.
>>
>>9104306
I watched up until the middle of the Chibiusa arch. My love for it kind of died out
>>
>>9103765
I love subtle stuff like this. It's actually cute as opposed to ~edgy desu~

I do have some anime tshirts I'll just wear with a skirt for casual days, but the weird clip art style anime shit in this thread is just super ugly.
>>
>>9104222
thats a solid point
>>
File: BsJc7wzCEAARI-G.png (497KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BsJc7wzCEAARI-G.png
497KB, 600x600px
>>
>>9104414
See this I wouldn't have a problem with if you just kept it to yourself in your own bedroom but so many people feel the fucking need to take selfies in underwear and lingerie. I don't want to see that shit you know? But i'd wear this for myself in my bedroom maybe. I'd like it a lot better if it was a bathing suit, it'd make a cute con bathing suit imo.
>>
>>9104424
There is a bathing suit version iirc
>>
>>9104306
They sell sailor moon shit like it's the last coke on earth.
Just like you said, not everyone watched it as a kid. I wish there were more general cute and anime related clothing stuff. Well made ones, not the kind of shit you print out of a computer.
Or just make it about another series, like Madoka or LoveLive. I see more girls being into that nowadays than fucking Sailor Moon.
>>
>>9101362
I would like this with some characters that appeal to my fujoshit taste

Anyone know where I could find this? I'm assuming somewhere on rakuten
>>
>>9104306
I loved it as a kid but this shit is turning me off it badly.
>>
>>9101362
exactly what you said. weebcore mixed with instagram/tumblrcore aesthetic like pleated skirts and thigh highs
>>
File: il_340x270.755331552_gec3.jpg (20KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.755331552_gec3.jpg
20KB, 340x270px
>>9102743
Like this one? I don't think they sell these as crop tops she must've cropped it herself, which is a whole 'nother level of cringe.
>>
>>9102791
who is it?
>>
File: panties-vs-bikini_o_5882761.jpg (102KB, 640x1077px) Image search: [Google]
panties-vs-bikini_o_5882761.jpg
102KB, 640x1077px
>>9104424
>>9104447
whats the difference between wearing a bikini and wearing your underwear? they're equally revealing. is it just the fact that one is marketed under the name 'underwear'? i literally don't understand
>>
>>9104733
Because you usually wear swimwear when you are going out, underwear is private.
>>
>>9104733
Its consent.
If you're out in a bikini, its because you want to be.
If someone sees you in your underwear without permission, its completely different.
>>
>>9102261
How is someone wanting to wear fandom shit that isn't an unflattering graphic tee masquarading? Yes, the trend is annoying but who gives a fuck if someone is wearing an anime t shirt anymore? Let alone someone who gets a crop top so it actually looks flattering to the figure, unless they're some sort of hambeast. You sound super salty over this.
>>
>>9102829
>>9105480
I was pretty pissed 3 am, sorry for excess salt. But yeah, it's the fanmade shit that crappy AA booths sell with like a mermaid scale pattern and a pastel gradient with a magical girl transforming item all spliced together that people actually buy is what this trend really consists of and it's embarrassing so even witness.
>>
>>9104733

Dude I think I can see her pubes through the lace panel. What do you mean you don't see any difference.
>>
>>9102245
I thought it was called Akiba kei. Idk where I saw it, but I'm sure I saw it discussed somewhere, but now I can't find it
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.