[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wig Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

Was looking for it in the catalogue but couldn't find it so here's a new one.
Anyways has anyone bought from the wig store Linea Storia before? Some korean beauty guru I'm subscribed to uploaded a video about the wig company with the owner of the store and the quality looked good so I checked out the site and it seems they have a premium line which is in the 10,000 yen price range and a normal line in the 4000-5000 yen price range, and I was wondering if the there's a huge quality difference between the two?
>>
Where do I find female wigs to fit my fat male head? Is there a way to make them larger?
>>
>>9095205
You could try Arda. They have huge wig caps.
>>
>>9095205
>female wigs
>to fit my fat male head

Oh dear god, the 4channer stereotypes are real
>>
bumping

I want to get back into buying wigs and need to update my bookmarks. Asking for general recommendations for favored shops.
>>
Does anyone know where the approximative standard max size for Taobao cosplay wigs are regarding circumference?

All I can find in item descriptions are length details.
I managed to find a couple of seem-to-be decent wigs, but desu I never put my fat skull (60cm circumference) into account.
>>
What are the best tools for wig styling? Specifically looking for the best pins because I'm struggling with bobby pins.
>>
>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OHCOS-FREE-SHIPPING-Anime-Hakuouki-Chizuru-Yukimura-60cm-Ponytail-Full-Lace-Cosplay-Wig-Costume-Heat-Resistant/32623722662.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.133.4zXm5u&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10049_10017_405_404_407_406_10040,searchweb201603_2&btsid=dc345e47-41ab-4779-a98a-0302feefd4df

I know, I know. You get what you pay for. But would you say that this wig is worth it? It would be more or less perfect, as long as it doesn't look terrible in real life
>>
File: 24634354234543.png (59KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
24634354234543.png
59KB, 480x280px
I'm trying to get my wig to flare out like this, but I'm not sure what's the best way to approach this.
>>
>>9100782
a.....curling iron....
>>
>>9100819
But wouldn't a curling iron melt the fiber?
>>
>>9100823
It would if you got a cheapass feather duster wig
>>
>>9100823
Low heat curl - set with roller - spray with hairspray while on roller - use hair wax to get spikes.

Youtube tutorials will be a great asset.
>>
File: Murakumo_Concepts.png (170KB, 506x366px) Image search: [Google]
Murakumo_Concepts.png
170KB, 506x366px
I've never styled a wig before but I'm aiming to cosplay this bitch. Instead of a long wig I should go for a shorter one and then attach the ponytail extension somehow, right?
>>
>>9096559
Avoid lockshop and gothic lolita wigs.
>>
>>9101119
>a shorter wig and then attach the ponytail extension
That's the lazy way to go. Get a long wig and style it properly if you want something looking really good.
>>
>>9101119
Get a medium length wig and style it into a side ponytail. Then get a clip in ponytail from the same shop (so the fibers match) and clip it over the side ponytail. This way you get the volume and it looks more accurate from different angles.
>>
Anyone know any decent online stores based in Aus? Shipping literally kills my wallet with pretty much all others and Ali takes ages to ship.
>>
I just bought some dream holic wigs. I'll do a review when they arrive.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (115KB, 1020x1020px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
115KB, 1020x1020px
I just went through some of my wigs and found this one, I tried it once and forgot all about it so it's still pretty much like new.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to style it?
>>
How do you get wigs thinner?
I've had this problem quite a few times, wigs that are so thick that it makes you look like a mushroom head
Would just chopping of some of the least visible layers work? I'm always such a wuss when it comes to cutting wigs, because I've fucked up one or two times and it sucks ass

>>9096559
Taobao. I've bought like 4 wigs from there and they were all really nice
Soft Degree wigs on aliexpress are also really nice depending on what you're after
>>
>>9101579
try using a hair razor or thinning shears in between the sections closest to your head and the outermost ones
>>
>>9101567
Hime bangs and twin tails?
>>
>>9100782
If it's layered like that, secure it on a wig head, turn the head upside down and give it a few shakes, then hairspray those back bits.
>>
Has anyone ordered from Lucaille lately? I used to buy from them years ago and never had issues, but I heard a rumor that their service and speed had gone downhill.
>>
>>9102480
I ordered from them about a month ago and they were really good. I requested an extra ponytail clip (for which I was obviously happy to pay), and they actually made a new option on the site just for me so i could order 2. Communication was really good too.

I used slow shipping cause i'm cheap, but otherwise it came earlier than i expected.
>>
>>9102481
Nice, I was kind of worried about the slow shipping since they advertise between 30 and 60 days (which seems nutty).
>>
File: 320px-Diamond_Pearl_Volkner.png (160KB, 320x624px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Diamond_Pearl_Volkner.png
160KB, 320x624px
So, I was wanting to cosplay Volkner from pokemon, and was looking for recommendations. Right now, I'm looking at
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181418355116?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
but I'm really new to wigs, and would love some input. It'd probably be better if I don't have to cut it, but aside from maybe some minor vang trimming, I can't find one more spot-on.
>>
File: BrawlPeach.jpg (230KB, 1378x1654px) Image search: [Google]
BrawlPeach.jpg
230KB, 1378x1654px
So, I've been wanting to do a Princess Peach cosplay this year, but I'm a little stuck on the hair. I was really hoping to use something a little faithful looking to her in game renders, so instead of just a regular wig I'd like something that more closely resembles her cartoon style hair. I guess something a little more rigid or with more solid volume? I'm just not sure what I can use that could create a more toon style hair but still be light and flexible enough to wear.
>>
File: waredLK.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
waredLK.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
I'm looking to cosplay Otako from oshiete Galko-chan and jus totally struggling on how to texture her hair, any tips?
>>
>>9106323
cut a bob and mess it up
>>
>>9106490
mess it up doesn't....really describe the action of what to do or what products to use
>>
Anybody here ordered a lace front wig from Donalovehair or Uniwigs? I'm interested in buying a few for daily wear but have no experience with lace fronts. Just wondering if the quality is as good as the customer pictures on instagram make them look.
>>
>>9101132
what type of problems there is with gothic lolita wig? I want to order one of they rapsody but if the quality is bad ...
>>
>>9106496
if it's played with enough it wouldn't need much in the way of products, except maybe hairspray. Tousle it with your fingers, floof it up, brush/comb it less vigorously than normal wigs. And if that fails, have fun with a low heat curling iron/straightener and make it wavy.
Or at least that's what I do with my normal hair when I need it to look wavy/unkempt
>>
Anyone ordered from Brightele yet? I'm interested in seeing what people think of their wigs.
>>
I just received two "boleyn girl" wigs from Dream Holic - I heard mixed things about them so here's a mini review for anyone interested:

I got it in Gold and Honey Tea.

They are really nice and natural looking and mine look decently like the photo - I think they just fluffed theirs up a bit by brushing them through.

They don't feel any tighter than my other Dream Holic wigs (i have their "little poppy style as well) - I think I saw some complaints about that.

My only complaint is the bangs are extremely narrow... I'll have to add more hair into them to make the wig look good on me, but you'll probably be ok if you look good without bangs.

The Gold color is my favorite. It's a really nice natural looking blonde... It's warm toned without being too yellow.

The Honey Tea is darker than expected... It looks closer their dark brown or chocolate according to the color guide, although maybe the sent me the wrong one? It's also a little shiny... Not too bad but definitely more than the other dream holic wigs I own (all of them are lighter colors).

Overall I'm decently happy but I wish the bangs weren't so awkwardly narrow.
>>
File: Black_White_Hilda.png (357KB, 507x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Black_White_Hilda.png
357KB, 507x1090px
I'm planning to crossplay Hilda from Pokémon Black/White. 2 questions about the wig:

-I'm a poorfag on a tight budget, and I have a Phoebe ponytail wig in copper red (auburn) that I could potentially reuse , along with an added curly clip and sidetail wefts for free thanks to a coupon I got. Would the more reddish hair color ruin the cosplay - i.e. is it worth the extra investment to get an actual brown wig rather than using my vaguely brownish one?
-Hilda's ponytail is very high, but most caps are designed to pull ponytails through that aren't so high. How can I go about it for the cosplay?

Thanks!
>>
File: 20160721_090206.png (2MB, 1439x1424px) Image search: [Google]
20160721_090206.png
2MB, 1439x1424px
Anyone know what keywords I'd have to use to get similar wigs to this?
>>
>>9109316
1. get the brown. auburn isn't even close to hilda's color, and it'll look like you were too lazy to get the right color
2. get a cap and cut your own hole in it? it doesn't seem that difficult
>>
Any news on the new Arda Silky collection? Need to find a Sailor Mars wig that won't tangle into oblivion
>>
Is there a wig shopping directory I could get? Like a list?
>>
How do people transport spiked wigs? I've just made my first and then realised I have no idea how to transport a wig I can't fold up and throw in my bag.

I'm getting the train so it needs to be something that can go in my bag or be carried easily. Best I've thought of so far is to glue my wig head into a box.
>>
>>9113190
I mainly style my wigs when I get to the hotel. Thats what ive mostly done for 9 years, idk how people can do otherwise, freshly styled wigs look so good.

There were two times i didn't and what i did was:

1.Styled the wig at home, pinned it to a wig head, and held it in my hands/had it sit in my lap/on the food tray the train ride up. People were very interested in it and wondered what it was for.

2. Styled it at home and wore it (and the entire cosplay) the entire car ride up to the con/hotel. I only did this because we arrived at 7am friday and i was going to wear that cosplay that day anyway. I can wear wigs and stuff all day and night and be comfortable but i hear most ppl dont like to.

I know it sucks but you may have to just hold it. Its either that or wash the gel out and restyle it at the hotel, unless you have a fucking bird cage or tufferware box to put it in and shove into your bag lol.
>>
>>9114671
I have been considering wearing it. I styled it at home because I haven't done a spiked wig before and I didn't want to cock it up there. Not sure I'm brave enough to wash it out and redo it either, so I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks anyway!
>>
>>9108533
I have two wigs from Brightlele and I like them. They were well worth the money and don't tangle too easily. They're not super full wigs like GLW but they're natural looking.
>>
Do Monkeep wigs look as good as the pictures?
also how do I even order from them?
I have heard some stuff about having to preorder or something.
>>
>>9106323
Curl hair, use hairspray, tousle it with fingers. Repeat until you get the desired effect.
>>
>>9114897
Great! I've had a problem with wigs in the past because they've had too much volume and made my head look ridiculous. Thanks, anon!
>>
Need advice, how can one poof a wig this much?
Would I need to sew in extra to make it have more volume?
>>
>>9119051
Look into drag wigs or buy a regular wig + an afro wig in the same color, sew them together into one wig.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.