[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many bitter poorfags in lolita?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 4

File: 1450626206458.png (89KB, 302x166px) Image search: [Google]
1450626206458.png
89KB, 302x166px
Why are there so many bitter poorfags in lolita?
>>
>>9093513
Jealous of people that can afford Lolita or brand?
Too lazy to get a better job or save money so they just complain thinking that'll do something?
Not sure exactly but that's my thought.
>>
I waited til i had a solid job before saving and prioritizing my spending so I could have that burando. I'm 21.

its not that hard, guys.
>>
>>9093513
Sticking to groups that are RL meet-up centered and to places where your real name and photos are looked up helps avoid them. So do good meet guidelines that require actual coordinates after a couple of meets. They usually drop out sooner in these places. I'm sure the threads here are full of bitter poor fats criticizing and even many lolita pretenders, you can tell this easily by many of the replies and posts.
>>
What's super annoying is when you go out of your way to help them and it's still "too expensive".

I eventually had to drop out of a group because they kept complaining that secondhand bodyline dresses i was linking them to on Lace market for under $40 was "so expensive~" ... It's like... Guys... We can go low... But there's a point where you have to open your wallet at some point.
>>
>>9095906
What did they even wear then? Because you can hardly find anything lower than that and still dress lolita at all. I believe in budget lolita for those who have less money but you have to at least be willing to buy some actual lolita items to make coordinates in order to be in the fashion.
This reminds me so much of the people who insist to try to bring Monster High dolls to BJD meets.
>>
They just kept showing up and talked about being in brando "one day". Meanwhile I bought a handful of bodyline up front, started learning how to coord properly and saved up to buy a brand dress. They acted like I was a devil worshiper when i showed up in brand.
>>
>>9095915
Time to look in nearby cities or start a new comm that actually wears the fashion. Unless you want to stay lone lolita.
>>
>>9095919
Eh. Had to move anyway. They still identify as Lolita, last I heard.
>>
>>9095922
Ugh. Lolita at heart needs to die in a fire. No Lolita clothes? Not lolita, just a fan or observer. It's really that simple.
>>
>>9093513
Lolita attracts entitled snowflakes. I lurked for years before I could afford to buy lolita and didn't do any of that ~lolita at heart~ bullshit. No one says they're a cosplayer at heart or gyaru at heart so what the fuck.
>>
>>9095948
I followed some groups to lurk and learn but I didn't post at all except in noob threads or question threads until I was actually starting to wear my first coord.
>>
>>9095906
you can't even find decent normal clothes that cheap wtf
>>
I take a look at what they are spending their money on. Imported Japanese snacks, figurines, eating out, Starbucks, comics, plushies? Then they could afford basic budget lolita if they saved. No fucks given.
>>
>>9095962
Exactly. Now add bows, lace and a boarder print and still expect it to run less then secondhand bodyline.
>>
>>9095884
Right? I swear 90% of the replies in every CoF thread is someone who doesn't even like the fashion.
>>
>>9095987
Your daily lifestyle costs can often be what's holding you back from getting the One, not Twelve, things you really really want.
>>
>>9095987

Jesus this reminds me of the members at my university animu club

>wigs would honestly make the cosplay a lot better
>but anon wigs are so expensive!
>there's eBay and taobao, where you can get decent wigs for as low as $20
>I don't have a job though...
>are you looking for one/trying to save special occasion money?
>no

Fucking bye. But all the while spending what money they did have on everything you mentioned (and of course could go to conventions). Lolita doesn't seem much different, lazy fucks are everywhere.
>>
>>9096030
Also games. Dear lord if you buy a bunch of games or use pay to play online games, what some spend on that alone could fund a Lolita closet. And that time spent playing working a part-time job to boot. It's a choice but then don't cry about it eating all your time/money.
>>
>>9095874
thennn youre not poor
>>
>>9096064
That was my thought too but I figured typical cgl twatmongers would all jump on the good ol' "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" bandwagon, so I didn't bother saying anything, but yeah. If you're doing good at 21, chances are you're doing well in general.
>>
I can say from experience that when you're poor you're pretty much bitter about everything.
But if we're talking about people who constantly complain about the prices of clothing online to anyone... I don't get it either.
>>
>>9096075
No, we just say 'try not to spoil others fun by being a bitter poorfag' if you can't afford lolita. Not everyone can and that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

It does seem to be a striking coincidence that quite a few of these bitter poorfags do buy a lot of day-to-day crap and play games and then cry that they can't afford lolita but if you aren't one of them then why are you even bothered to reply?
>>
Just bought several brand items for under 10 usd each, including an AP jsk. People just don't try hard enough.
>>
>>9096119
Where? How?
Tell me your secrets anon
>>
I didn't really get into it till I knew I could afford it. I would buy cheap like bodyline and hand make what I wanted if I could. But when you are complaining the 50 dollars is too expensive for a Lolita main piece, I think you need to re-evaluate what you want to be involved in because Lolita isn't for you. I had a lot of bodyline in my poor Lolita days and did fine. I understood how to coordinate from it and understand a lot of the construction to make my own. But I made sure my bills where paid first. I hate it when you get those " I need to sell my dress because I can't afford my rent" posts. To me that looks like you don't know how to budget your paycheck. I waited near ten years to afford and buy my dream dress. And it's just as rewarding now knowing I won't have to sell it because I wanted it and didn't pay my bills.

I also do a lot of pay to play gaming but again prioritize my shit. If I don't have the money for Lolita, I save up till I do. Not complain about it because I don't know how to use money wisely.
>>
It also isn't just about being able to afford the clothes but the meets as well, it is always tiresome to hear they just always want these low-class cheap or free meets when we really want to plan dinner out, a nice tea or buy symphony tickets without hearing others gripe about it. I hate cheap outdoor meets.
Or they don't tip well (or at all) when it's expected and they order something like just the cheapest possible appetizer and water if they come out to eat. It's just embarrassing.
>>
>>9096155
This. Imo meets should be factored into your lolita budget if you're in a comm. They can be just as costly as buying lolita items. I've tried to plan high tea meets before, but had to completely change my plans to something more affordable last minute because people didn't want to spend $45.
>>
>>9095987
This is so true. After I got into lolita, my spending on other things took a huge cut because buying quality dresses and accessories became more important to me. I might indulge in a new book or nice makeup every one in a while, but things like normie clothes, new video games, etc. have taken a huge backseat.

You also have to know when you just can't buy a new dress though. Sometimes rough times come up and you have to be an adult about that - it's all about real-world prioritizing.
>>
They like the fashion and want to buy the dresses now. It's exactly what happened to me. I spammed this board with AP dresses that I wanted. However, I decided to implement restraint and held back my purse. Why? I needed to research on the fashion, I had no job, and I was paying for my undergrad and eventually grad school education. I'm lucky to have left college without debt and now that I've completed my education, I'm focusing on buying my dream dresses and occasional releases at a moment's notice.
>>
>>9096086
>if you aren't one of them then why are you even bothered to reply
I used to be poor, so it strikes a nerve.
>>
Watched a girl yesterday bitch about how a brand tea party at a con shouldn't require people to wear anything of the brand because the tickets are $50 and she can't afford $20 accessories easily enough to buy a pair of brand OTKs.

If you can't afford the $20 for socks, how are you affording the convention, or the tea party?
>>
>>9096120
Japanese secondhand sites are dope and lacemarket can suck an egg
My haul was mostly cutsews, which I live in, but I got the jsk so cheap because it was stained and I like fixing up unloved or mistreated dresses. I don't even bother with auctions cause it's too much stress, the closet sales type of sites are better
>>
>>9096463
Doesn't everyone who gets interested? That isn't the point, it's the bitching and whining that separates budget lolitas who are trying from the bitter poorfags who think they should shit up the comm with whining about what they can't have like >>9096507 example. Why did she think it's ok to bitch about this? It makes her look very bad and really, no one cares or even wants to hear it.
>>
>>9096434
I think it's important to stress this more so people can get an accurate picture of the real espenses involved overall. It isn't just 'the dresses', it's multiple coords if you go to meets very often, and the ongoing cost of said meets: tickets, meals, tips, parking etc.
And then enough new items to not feel like you are re-wearing a dress or even the same coord to every other meet. Plus shipping costs.
Lashes, wigs and lenses, accessories, shoes, makeup.
Travel expenses to attend things, time off work.
It all factors in.
The 'pretty dress' is just the tip of an often much more expensive iceberg.
>>
>>9096075
this is the anon you were originally replying to and yeah, honestly youre right
>>
>>9096531
I'm in the same boat as you, I don't even care to glance at lacemarket unless there is a dress I'm desperate for.

>>9096120
Different anon, but Yahoo Japan auctions, Mbok, and Wunderwelt are all goldmines for finding cheap brand. Sometimes you have to do some shifting through crap to find the good stuff on those sites though.
>>
I will never understand the mentality that one can be a member of the fashion despite not dressing in line with the fashion. People aren't entitled to lolita just because they want it.
I'm poor as dirt and any money I save goes directly to my family, so I simply /don't wear lolita/ since I can barely scrounge up decent secondhand normie clothes. I consider myself a only a fan, since no amount of pictures saved to HD or lace hand-stitched onto a normie skirt will ever make me lolita.
>>
>>9096531
$10 though? You used the word dope so casually, it makes it sound like you're really exaggerating here.
>>
Because no matter how much we spend, no one can compare to the sheer spending strength of China.

AP will never notice us.
>>
>>9096531
I buy on Y!A/Mercari/Mbok and sell on Lacemarket.

Feels good man.
>>
>>9098203
Same. I'm not scalping, but I often have to buy sets of things to get accessories that I want, so I get the set knowing I can turn around and sell the pieces that I don't want on LM fairly quickly.
>>
>>9098040
I'm not, the shopping service fees might push some of these over $10, but here's a list of the things I got this week in that price bracket:
>AP ring, 900 yen (fril)
>Set of AP cutsew + BABY skirt, 800 yen (y!a)
> AP cutsew, 480 yen (Mercari)
>AP jsk, 720 yen (Mercari)
>AP cutsew, 540 yen (Mercari)

Just for fun, I added up the retail value of these items and it is 51,660 yen (not including the baby skirt which I can't find on lolibrary)
>>
>>9098582
Fair enough. What was the AP jsk? Non print I assume.
>>
>>9095906
Fuck. It you can't even afford to spend $40 on a lolita dress cause it's expensive for you, then you need to not being in this fashion at all nor spending money on a hobby.
>>
technically a bitter poorfag cant be in lolita because they are poor
>>
>>9098609
Dressy jabot in pink, non print but p cute. I've been meaning to get more non print stuff into my wardrobe for a while now
>>
>>9098645
They can shit up online comms with their whining though.
>>
>>9098645
They can endlessly whine about why their cheap shitty loliables aren't lolita and why being Lolita at heart should be good enough. And of course shitpost 'opinions' here and live la vida lolita via Internet and their overactive imagination.
>>
>>9093513
welcome to 4chan. Where bitter cunts will shitpost in any thread on any board.
>>
>>9098669
I didn't think they were referring to here? Just in the entire community in general? There are tons of girls who are in my comm who can't come to meets but are "lolita at heart" and "can't wait to buy a jsk some day" and they wear shitty handmade stuff when they finally get desperate enough to come to a meet.
>>
>>9098654
That thing is super cute but I can totally see how someone eventually got it for 10 bucks now.
Also I love having non print stuff because then I have all kinds of frilly things to wear without having to worry too much when I wash them.
>>
>>9098654
I like non-print stuff a lot too, always have. I think new lolitas especially really underestimate how much these pieces can extend and change up their wardrobe as they build their closet. I buy the prints I really like a lot, of course but they aren't as versatile by far.
>>
>>9098674
I mean, I have personally known bitter AF poor furries, cosplayers, doll collectors, and lolitas... they all shared some common issues. The first is they would rather spend all of their money on their hobby rather than on bills or simply put it in savings. The second is that whatever their hobby was they let it define who they were as a person.

Combine those things and you're going to get an easily offended, unstable, poor individual.
>>
I've also noticed a lot of them are scared to use Japanese second hand shops because the moonspeak looks super scary for them. Also they see to want everything in brand new and pristine condition. I got a Berry Strip JSK for 50 dollars because it was missing a removable bow. They think that the only way to be a good lolita is to have the newest and most sought after prints. That doesn't mean nothing if you can't coord for shit.
>>
>>9098698
*Berry Stripe
>>
>>9098698
With in-browser translation at the touch of a button and buying guides posted and shop reviews posted, it's just a hurdle to get past. Though most of them cry and use it as excuse. Ditto for using a taobao agent. Or a shopping service for overseas auctions.

This is why I do not help noobs anymore. If they cannot get past these hurdles to shop on a budget, or make decent bodyline coords or just buy from Lacemarket then I don't think they will make very good lolitas in the long run due to lack of self-motivation so I don't want to encourage that. I'm not rude or mean about it but I'm just not willing to waste the time.
>>
File: noob.png (313KB, 612x901px) Image search: [Google]
noob.png
313KB, 612x901px
I always think of this post when this topic comes up.
>>
>>9098745
This too:

http://www.parfaitdoll.com/2011/03/but-being-a-lolita-is-hard.html
>>
>>9098705
>If they cannot get past these hurdles to shop on a budget, or make decent bodyline coords or just buy from Lacemarket then I don't think they will make very good lolitas in the long run due to lack of self-motivation so I don't want to encourage that
This. This is also one of the main reasons why girls who wear replicas annoy me so much, too, most of them act like they're the ONLY option besides brand. It's like, if you can't bother to do basic enough research to find non-replica offbrand pieces, you don't deserve to wear lolita.
>>
>>9098750
>I understand your point, but I think you're being a bit judgmental, which isn't right
>you haven't had it THAT hard.
>Let the rest think they're Lolitas if that makes them happy

It's sad that in the comments some people seemed to think that she was being judgemental by stating a fact that just admiring something is not the same as being part of it. And it's this attitude of 'ohhh, just let them believe' that makes some people who have never worn the fashion think that their interest is enough to make them an authority.
>>
>>9098849
It's because these girls center so much if their identity around how much they like lolita, so anyone who points out the simple fact that you need to wear it to be one is a judgmental meanie trying to tell them who they are. Honestly, the OP was a lot more open than most about it, she said she considered someone a lolita as long as they at least had tried it on. Most long term lolitas, myself included, would say you have to at least own one solid coordinate before you can call yourself one.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 262x193px
>>9095922
>identify as Lolita
>>
>>9099116
I agree with this completely. I waited a year before I finally got a coord together before I started calling myself a lolita. But now I have a full wardrobe so I'm definitely one.
>>
On the subject of calling yourself a lolita when you have none: I'm sorry, but if you won't even buy a single Bodyline coord, you're either not dedicated enough to be a lolita, or you're too poor to be focusing so much on anything other than finding a way to be less poor.
>>
>>9098582
mercari eh?
>downloads app
>searches "lolita" or "angelic pretty"
>underwear, underwear everywhere

what have i done wrong
>>
>>9098582
Brand on Mercari? Where? All that's coming up for me is VS and shitty dd/lg chokers
>>
>>9099223
Not the anon your talking to, but I use the browser version for mercari.jp (theres also an american mercari so make sure its not that one) and theres a shit ton of brand on there.
>>
>>9098745
This sounds word for word like it could be the script to a lashy-chan video.
>>
>>9099223
I found a couple of over priced angelic pretty skirts when searching for "lolita fashion" on the American one haha.
>>
>>9099217
>>9099223
use the japanese web browser version like >>9099307 said and find lots of cheap burando. Just recently got a dream dress for a good price!
>https://www.mercari.com/jp/search/?keyword=angelic+pretty
>>
>>9099168
My favourite thing wannab-lolitas say is
>"bwaaah, lolita is so unwelcoming! No wonder everyone thinks lolitas are elitists and noone wants to join! Imma quit!!!"
Yeah well, good bye and good riddance. Please don't come back!
>>
>>9099307
>>9099364
Thank you kind anons. I did try Googling to see if there was a Japanese site for Mercari but nothing popped up for their JP site. Maybe I didnt look hard enough.
>>
>>9098203
So how do you buy on mercari? Do you need a ss?
>>
>>9099116
This. What do you need to actually be a lolita?
I go with the answer "when you have at least 1 complete coord." And I paste them a set of noob links that I think are helpful and refer them to the FB groups and that's it. If they can't catch on and take the initiative from there then they aren't really going to benefit from more one to one attention at that point.

Plus I have a much narrower personal view of lolita than many people do so it's much better if noobs hear a variety of opinions and then form their own.
>>
I bought an Innocent World dress for $35 once.

Poorfags got no excuse.
>>
>>9096086
>buying a lot of crap daily then complaining
This so much. If you have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, eat out a bunch, have new releases of every game, etc. Then don't complain about being poor. You have already blown your spending money, no shit you can't afford other stuff like lolita.
>>
>>9098745
Where the hell do people get that lolita is a frame of mind. It's a fashion, not a personality, period.
>>
File: 1433340106403.jpg (92KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433340106403.jpg
92KB, 451x600px
If the most you can say about yourself is that you love everything about lolita, but you don't have a stitch of actual lolita clothing, then I have one word for you.
Pathetic.
Get either a different hobby you can justify spending money on, or stop talking. One of the two please.
>>
>>9099543
Yep you need a shopping service since its just Japanese people selling their stuff. It's like a yahoo auctions for fashion. Also check out fril.jp. for more brando.
>>
>>9099571
From lifestylers I suppose
>>
>>9099902
>>9099571
A lot of people don't understand what "lifestyler" actually means and have it completely backwards. They think it's purely a personality thing, like as long as they "act Lolita" they are Lolita. When, in actuality, being a lifestyler means you incorporate Lolita in all aspects of your life, including it being the primary fashion you wear. A real lifestyler has a wardrobe big enough to sustain wearing lolita every day, so to be one you actually would have to have much much more in your closet than the minimum one outfit it takes to be a normal Lolita.
>>
>>9099453
I found it. But how can i order there? Need a japanese address for sure right?
>>
>>9100024
Agreed. As I understand it, being a lifestyler can involve "lolifying" stuff like work clothes or swimwear for those moments you can't wear lolita, but that is IN ADDITION to wearing the actual fashion as often as you can get away with it.
>>
>>9100075
>>9099591
>>
>>9100075
you use a shopping service...
Are you new?
>>
>>9101280
They mentioned having a Japanese address, they could be referring to tenso.
>>
>>9093513
Because it is a fashion where it is worn by a majority of young people. Young people often don't have money because, in college or uni, shitty entry tier job, still in school, no career etc. It is not rocket science guys. People who struggle either hate their lifes, have sour grapes, or are working 2x hard not to struggle which just makes them tired.
>>
>>9099578
Exactly. Clearly you don't love it that much if you can't even save up enough to buy Bodyline or second hand brand.
>>
>>9101768
Yeah, but then why go into a hobby that they know from the beginning is going to cost hundreds minimum? If they can't be okay on the sidelines while they're poor, why not simply leave the fashion until they have money, instead of bitterly complaining about it and hating on people who have nice wardrobes?
>>
>>9102405
I can't really speak for these people because I went out of my way to get a higher paying job so I could buy burando, but when I started out, I saw all these dresses and then found a dream dress and was like, omg I need to find a way to buy that. Took me a fucking year but I got it.

I think it's just that they see it and want it so badly and they obsess over it like I did. Unlike me, their obsession doesn't drive them to do better because they probably don't have enough hard life experience to realize you really do have to work for this stuff unless you're already rich. People are just miserable because they can't have the thing they want and refuse to settle for anything else.
>>
>>9102405
Is it common in communities across the world because for Americans we feel entitled to getting everything cheap and quick.
>>
>>9102675
Thiiis. Everyone feels entitled as fuck in the US.
>>
>>9102675
It may not be as obvious in countries outside the US but bitter, jealous people can be found in pretty much every culture. Nasty attitudes have no borders.
>>
>>9095906
I wouldn't pay $40 for used Bodyline.
>>
ahhhh man, some horrors i've seen from my small, and for some reason disproportionately poor comm

>don't have enough money to pay your bill at the restaurant, but have money to go buy cheap knickknacks afterward
>wanting to go get food from a grocery store instead of sitting down at a cafe because you're low on funds at a meet
>the constant replica excusing
>bragging about getting government checks
>adding people to the fb page of whatever pyramid scheme you're shilling
>maybe one meetup that isn't free & outdoors a year

shit sux kids
>>
The super gross thing is how much these people expect sympathy as asspats. Like, there's people that can't make rent after working 60 hour weeks and that's not even close to the worst thing that haplens to people due poverty, how can you seriously feel so sorry for yourself because you can't afford a fashion of $300 dresses?

>>9103476
There are few things in lolita that anger me more than people using being poor as am excuse to buy replicas. Like, what fucking planet do these people live on where they think they're so entitled to a dress?
>>
Is this thread majorly female. I've never seen anything like it.
>>
>>9103528
Newfag for sure. Let me guess, you meant to click /ck/
>>
>>9103530
"Why are there so many bitter poorfags in lolita" caught my attention on the homepage.

Thread looks pretty frictionless and shit is tight. Wouldn't imagine anyone funposts too much.
>>
>>9103528
... This entire board is majority female by a lot, anon. Us, /cm/, and /y/.
>>
>>9103534
What a surprise. Didn't know tame discussion existed on 4chan.
>>
>>9103537
Wewlad
>>
>>9103536
>cgl
>tame
That's a first. Usually, we get told how mean and terrifying we are.
>>
>>9103541
You lads are pretty mean: >>9092436

But it's still tame compared to more male-centric forums. None of this stuff really hits too deep.
>>
>>9103550
Tame depends.
It's not like memes are thrown everywhere and everyone spitting plane insults at everything. Happens here too, but not as much.
The "being mean" is often a more in-depth thing. Just read through threads like "Ita Thread" >>9101461. That's one prime example where usually opinions like those come from. And yeah, it's not rare that this shit gets really personal with a direct connection to real life.
>>
>>9099591
Do you have any ss recommendations?
>>
>>9102675
Not even American, but at my most recent meetup I ended up having to listen to a bunch of teens/early twentysomethings crying that the Deerstalker people had too much brand and how unfair it all was to them, who clearly deserved it just as much if not more. I'm only like two years older than the oldest whiner but it feels like some kind of huge generation gap. Next meetup I'll try to park my ass at the grandma table.
>>
>>9103532
You're completely right buddy. I also post on /ck/ and /tv/ where funposting is widely accepted but here? No, bitches here can rarely take a joke and more often than not, pop culture references go right over everyones head here.
>>
>>9106003
Surprise since you are on a board where people's interests are not average to begin with.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.