[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itabag / fandom fashion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 91

File: 1466721775711.png (492KB, 580x578px) Image search: [Google]
1466721775711.png
492KB, 580x578px
old thread: >>9057701

Itabag FAQ and Beginners Guide v. 2.1
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nzzfTUCq5O0KHA3eqC1Spk0Q9ZxQmZOs4ckHVy4ZIGk
Read the document first before asking basic questions that have been answered time and time again like "is making a bag for ___ ok?" and "where do i get the heart bags??".

Buyf/a/g Guide
>buyfag.moe
>>
>>9082929
google doc link broken
>>
why does wego insist on putting the glitter filled clear material on all their pastel bags but the clear on the bright bags, i want the pale yellow for my jyushi bag but i hate the glitter
>>
>>9083172
No it isn't?
>>
File: image.png (681KB, 817x1018px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
681KB, 817x1018px
I'm making a bag for Shuu Zo from Show By Rock but I have no idea what color base bag I want. I already have a blue bag and a green bag so I want another color. I'm afraid that he'll blend in with the bag if I use a yellow one.
Suggestions?
>>
>>9083795
Pink? I have a friend with a Romshuu ship bag and the pink looks really nice.
>>
File: bagcolours.png (1MB, 1484x874px) Image search: [Google]
bagcolours.png
1MB, 1484x874px
>>9083795
i don't know what type of bag you're likely to use so i used the WEGO bags as a colour base.
out of the colours i picked to match with certain parts of the character, i think the pink works the best. i agree that yellow might make him blend in too much.
>>
Planning my 2nd itabag and this time it's an Overwatch character. My last itabag was so easy to make thanks to taobao, but now I'll have to rely on artist alleys. Thankfully Overwatch is super popular.

Anyone else making an Overwatch itabag?
>>
>>9084280
Which character anon?
>>
>>9084332
I'm making a Genji bag and my other friends are doing Reaper and D.va
>>
Anyone know where to get heart shaped button badges made? Preferably without resorting to Alibaba and their 100+ minimum order count.
>>
>>9084427
pls post ther bags too anon when they're done, I'd love to see the reaper one especially
>>
>>9084280
I'm planning to make a Mercy and Mcree bag but I'm highly against fan merch on itabags. :(
I doubt OW characters will get official buttons/straps soon too.
>>
>>9084539
Just curious, but why are you highly against fan merch on itabags?
>>
>>9084539
I hate to say it anon, but blizzard is not very well known for making cute abundant merch of their products in a timely manner. They're too busy shilling out merch with shitty vector designs of faces, or the logo of the game on clothing (their main seller is apparel). And that's likely the only shit we'll see for a long while.

In other news, FANART Overwatch charms i've finished are: D.VA, Mercy, Hanzo, Mei, Tracer, Reaper. Still have about 7 more to get finished by the 10th.
>>
File: tumblr_lgxna3QgG71qafrh6.gif (62KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lgxna3QgG71qafrh6.gif
62KB, 260x200px
>>9084539
>I'm highly against fan merch on itabags. :(
>>
File: kek.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>9084539
>>
So I was trying to read the buyfag thing and faq but I was pretty overwhelmed.
I'm going to be in Tokyo in a couple of weeks. This is the first time I've been looking for mass amounts of merchandise, I usually just buy a couple of things at Animate. I vaguely remember there being some sort of discount merch place somewhere in Ikebukuro or Shinjuku from a few years ago? Does anyone know what this place/these places are called? Do they only sell less popular stuff?
I'm looking for Osomatsu-san stuff, so I'm sure it won't be hard to find but Animate's prices are kind of whack, especially since I'm trying to buy a bunch of shit
>>
File: kek.jpg (62KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
62KB, 900x810px
>>9084539
>>
>>9084739
Theres Lashinbang, which I think it's located in Akihabara. As well as Mandarake.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2728x2330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2728x2330px
I'm very excited, a booth in the AX dealers room has itabag bases so I bought one and stuck all the small merch I got from the AA the past two days onto one. I still have a ton of the official merch at home along with things picked up at other cons to stick on here but it's a start!
Also if any of you gulls are at AX and haven't already found the booth, there's a massive 2.99 item place near the entrances with a ton of sports/idol anime merch.
>>
>>9084739
Lashinbang, Mandarake, and K-Books all sell secondhand merch. Lots of popular series, and some more obscure ones if you're willing to dig a bit through the bins. All of them have branches in Ikebukuro and Akihabara.

If you want new merch, aside from Animate (there's a small one in Shinjuku in addition to the larger ones in Ikebukuro and Akihabara), there is also a shop in Marui Annex next to AP and Baby that sells a lot of manga and other goods. Also for new merch, Ikebukuro has Stellaworth, which sells merch centered around games for girls.
>>
>>9084739
Also check out Nakano Broadway!
>>
>>9084807
>>9084833
>>9084851
Thanks for the awesome responses, anons! If you don't mind, which do you think are the best places for getting keychains/buttons/other itabag stuff? I have a feeling some places will sell more figures and collectable stuff. I'll check out all these places online, still.
>>
>>9084851
FUCK I forgot about this heaven on earth.

>>9084866
All of those places are great for itabag merch.
>>
>>9084873
I liked Nakano best when i was there last year, we had a short stop in Tokyo so I didn't get to go to the others but as it's so huge I was able to get everything. There is also a little store in harajuku Takeshita st with cheap merch. I don't know how much of it is official merch but the basic charms were 100yen each and big 20-15cm charms around 500-800yen. It was about the middle of the street
>>
>>9084998
Yeah, I remember when I went to Nakano I found so much good shit that I had been looking for.
>>
File: generic file name.jpg (467KB, 950x989px) Image search: [Google]
generic file name.jpg
467KB, 950x989px
>>9081496
>>9082660
Aw, thanks.
At first I was just going to pin all the charms to fill the space in the bottom right and call it a day, but it looked kinda sloppy and cramped compared to how I put the other charms on the ribbon so I'm gonna give it some time and see if I can't think of anything better to do with them.

>>9084826
Holy shit are we the same person? I was buying Xander merch at AX too for my bag just yesterday. Whenever you get your bag all put together you should post another picture, comparing our overlapping stuff is kinda fun. (also did you get another character on the other side of the bottom right charm, I'm kind of curious.)
>>
>>9084826
Do you know which booth you bought the base bag at? I been looking for one but no luck.
>>
>>9083795
if i was making it i would try to find a knockoff wego bag in saxe i have seen them in other colors before, they are just made of pu so why not
>>
Otaku Mode just added these to their site. I've wanted to put together a general mahou shoujo bag for a while and I like the idea of making a sorta casual bag i guess
>>
>>9084826
why is everyone so in love with fire emblem fates the character designs are ugly and the itabags look bad
>>
>>9085174
Haha I will! I'm going back through tomorrow to get a ton more bag stuff and some prints. Your loot looks great! Did you find any booths in the dealers hall with the FE straps? I only found one and Xander was $26. I already own one but I was hoping to snag a few more. (I did! I got Shigure, but I was tempted to get Siegbert. Did you get anyone else?)

>>9085230
Yes! It was in the very back of the center of the hall, they had a ton of Dakimakura hanging up and a yaoi booth to the left.

>>9085318
Be more salty, more merch for us.
>>
>>9085318
>why is everyone so in love with fire emblem fates the character designs are ugly and the itabags look bad

i 100% agree with you
>>
>>9083809
>>9083818
Pink is a really good suggestion! I don't know why I didn't even think of pink before.
I like the vibrant Wego bags with Shuu though, since they match his highlights more than the pastel bags.

>>9085311
Tbh I'm not a big fan of the sax Wego bag. I have no idea why either since I have sax clothes and shoes.

>>9085318
Maybe because people like the game or the characters?
>>
>>9085367
Nah, I didn't get around the dealer's hall much so I didn't see any.
>$26
The scalping for these sets of keychains gets so ridiculous sometimes. Even worse knowing that sometimes some of them go for even twice that too. If you're going to look more today I'll cross my fingers for you.

Mine has Elise on the other side! I was pretty torn between her and Siegbert, they were both so cute.
>>
>>9085318
Because some people like the character designs, and more importantly, the actual characters?

Just because you think it's shit doesn't mean others do.
>>
>>9085367
>Did you find any booths in the dealers hall with the FE straps

>be me
>bought one of the sets on preorder
>sell most to friends for dirt cheap
FUCK
>>
>>9085665
Thanks! I found a Hoshido set a few cons ago and pulled Takumi, so he's the one on my 3DS right now. The same booth with the expensive strap also had small FE posters that they were trying to charge $45 a piece for. Good luck on your hunting escapades today!

>>9085671
Oh no, I'm sorry anon. At least you did your friends a favor and hopefully made your money back?
>>
>>9085790
I still have 3 left that I'm keeping, though selling Elise for 26 dollars is tempting.
>>
For any gulls planning to make an Overwatch bag, where are you looking/planning to get your merch? From what I've seen Etsy is the best bet for a lot of it, but I'm not sure if anyone has found any better sites. I really want to make a bag for Zenyatta, but he's one of the more underrated characters so it's slim pickings so far.
>>
>>9084539
>being this elitist about where you try to put as much merch of a character on a bag as possible
>>
>>9086231
etsy and artist alley seem to be the best bet right now
>>
>>9086231
Tumblr helps me find fanartists that have online shops selling Overwatch stuff.

I'm not making a zenyatta bag (I'm >>9084427) but I think he's a qt and I would buy merch of him for my own bag if I found some.
>>
>>9086244
I mean, I personally am against it for my bags because there's enough of legit merch for my character, but I understand if there's not much out there for some people. Also buying with a shopping service easily doubles the price of merch from auctions, so I dont judge anyone, not everyone has had the chance to visit the motherland.
>>
File: josuke ita bag.jpg (322KB, 950x600px) Image search: [Google]
josuke ita bag.jpg
322KB, 950x600px
So I'm planning out my first ita bag and using Josuke Higashikata, I made a layout of what I found so far to put on, I'm hoping to get as many multiples of the buttons and keychains as possible. I'm gonna make a clear bag to go over it too so I won't lose anything.

I also was thinking of making a keychain out of a small peace sign, anchor and heart and painting them gold to add on, plus painting the kanji for 'dorararara' to wrap around the purple part on the bottom.
>>
File: KakCollage2.jpg (4MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
KakCollage2.jpg
4MB, 3000x2400px
Kakyoin itabagger here. I think I'm going to start working on putting together an itaoutfit for cons, but I'd like some feedback before dedicating. I was thinking of getting a skater dress from ArtsMoo and design it after the top of his gakuran. I'm still at a loss for if I want to add tights and what shoes to do, though. (I also did some collages but I'm not sure what I want to use them for yet.
>>9086406
You have a good start so far! If you're interested, I'd suggest checking out Hutanna on Tumblr/TheSardine on etsy. She does shrink badges and sells them once a month, and she usually does quite a few for Josuke!
>>
>>9084280
I was thinking about doing a Junkrat/Roadhog bag but they seem to be always skipped for fanmerch.... i'll probably end up doing reaper or zenyatta
>>
>>9084539
yeah unless you don't count chinese mass produced merch as fanmerch you're gonna be shit out of luck.
blizzard is more of a t-shirt and mousepad kind of company. they did charms once, like 1 year ago, for 3 of their WoW characters.

could always attach a whole heap of funko pops to a bag though, i guess.
>>
>>9085571
>>9085670
>implying fe fates is a good game and the characters are in any way better than their character designs
>>
>>9086522
i dont even want to imagine a funko pop ita bag those things are so ugly i hate that they are popular
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 1280x1280px
>>9086596
People like different characters than you, get over it.
>>
>>9086522
>could always attach a whole heap of funko pops to a bag though, i guess

jesus christ are you trying to give me an aneurysm
>>
>>9086732
>>9086601
muh official merch
>>
>>9086601
That would be an "ita" bag in the most literal sense.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (3MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
3MB, 3000x2400px
>>9086435
I think making it somewhat monochrome might be better. Pic related; I lowered the saturation down a lot on the collage, then set it to 60% on linear burn, than put a light green background behind it.
>>
>>9084576
I just dislike the unorganized consistency fan merchandise on itabags tend to give off. In my personal opinion, I strongly believe certain fan merch is poorly made too. I'm aware I have no say in what looks good and what looks bad, I'm just a lot more obsessed with official merch because it's well constructed. As odd as this may sound, the trademark on official merchandise puts my mind at ease. I guess my compulsion was born from being in Lolita for a few years and collecting figures the next. Don't get me wrong, I've seen and bought beautifully made fan merchandise from artists at conventions before, I just can't control my official merchandise compulsion when it comes to constructing a bag. Trust me, I've fought numerous times with myself because there are characters I'm infatuated with that contain no official merchandise made of them. It got to the point where I did consider making a fan merch bag, but there's tons of artists who obviously have different art styles and whose merch never line up due to the different sizes, especially in buttons.
>>
>>9087086
I had to break my replies in two because there's a character limit? I'm still fairly new to 4chan. I'm actually a lurker..

>>9084578
>>9086244
>>9086522
I'm in NO WAY trying to enforce the idea of itabags that contain only official merchandise superior. I just don't like the concept of fan merch on itabags at all. It's my opinion, and I don't expect others to agree. What's so elitist about that? I'm aware about Blizzard's selling tactics too. It's really distasteful and I know they aren't going to ever produce official merchandise like cute buttons/keychains/etc. It's rare for American game companies to ever produce that type of merchandise here just because there really isn't a market for that in the states and/or Europe?, well, at least I believe that's the reason. I completely sympathize with the people who're struggling to find official merchandise of their favorite characters, especially characters that are in games and/or older anime series. I commend those who went out of their way to make bags for their favorite characters too since I know it isn't easy. One of my main gripes about fan merch on itabags is poor placement. I hate to say this but, yes, I'm one of the few—or many—people who try to fit as much as possible on their bags. I really like full bags, I mean, those were the bags that inspired my current bags today, however I'm not completely opposed to fan merch itabags just because I'm aware not every character has official merchandise. To be frank, I have many mixed feelings about fanmade merch only itabags, but for now I wouldn't consider making one for myself. I'm really trying not to offend anybody, and if I did I'm really sorry. I'm just strongly opinionated.
>>
>>9087086
>>9087091

Damn anon.

Either way, it's your opinion even if I don't agree. A lot of official merch is just akin to the talking sprite (when it comes to games) slapped onto a button which is also about as lazy as it gets.

Just because it's trademarked doesn't often make the quality better. At least fanartists often think about how it looks for more then 2 seconds instead of slapping some promotional art on a plastic strap.
>>
>>9087091
I dunno I just think it's one of those things where you can have an opinion, just don't shit on those who aren't sharing your same view. Just like the whole factory reject Taobao thing. Some people love it, others hate it, but as long as everyone keeps their mouth shut then we'll all get along.
>>
>>9086940
Gosh, that looks really good anon! Saved for future use/reference! (I'm gonna have to mess around in Photoshop more, it's been so long since I've used it)
>>
File: 20160130184858.jpg (601KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20160130184858.jpg
601KB, 768x1024px
>>9087107
>Just because it's trademarked doesn't often make the quality better
this so much
I have an itabag of a popular fujoshit sports anime, and I struggled a fuckton trying to figure out how to place badges and straps where the character had literally the same face/body/pose copy-pasted from one item to the next. I'm the type who doesn't like having a row of the same badge for uniformity, so having so many similar things next to each other really bugs me.

on the one hand it's nice I guess to have so much merch to choose from and not ever have to worry about the official/fanmade dilemma, but on the other, this is just so fucking lazy and money-thirsty that it makes me not want to collect every single piece of merch of my fave because it is all so very, very same-y.

I'm thinking that if I ever upgrade my current bag, I'll have one side devoted to official merch and the other for cute fanmade merch.
>>
File: 1457068568927.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1457068568927.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9087107
>Just because it's trademarked doesn't often make the quality better

Fucking this. Especially when the same art gets recycled over and over or with very slight or boring variations.

Also in the west the stuff that would cost 200yen or $2 in Japan costs $20 here. It's fucking ludicrous. Fanmerch can look great if you pick carefully and is much nicer on your wallet and supports other local fans.
>>
>>9087520
Yep, my fav has about 5 pieces of official merchandise, and 3 of those are just the talking sprite on some button or keychain.

It's not worth it, no matter how much I love him. I prefer giving money to fanartist who at least try to let his personality shine through and make each one with care.
>>
>>9086686
i dont feel bad about it at least im not wasting my time spending huge amounts of money on merch for a bad game
>>
>>9087091
To be honest, I think mostly people are salty that you attached your comment alongside overwatch itabag discussion - being realistic, there is NO WAY to construct an overwatch itabag that fits with typical itabag styles (charms, straps, buttons etc) without using fanmerch. Blizzard just does not create merch that would be suitable for most itablogging purposes. So it kind of feels like you joined in on everyone getting hyped and talking about making itabags from the same series only to shit on them because, to make an Overwatch itabag you would HAVE to use fanmerch. Like....why even mention wanting to make an Overwatch bag, lol.
>>
File: GOODS-00098152_01.jpg (35KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
GOODS-00098152_01.jpg
35KB, 400x309px
>>9083818
I was thinking of making one for Shuu Zou too, since I already own some of his merch

I would maybe consider the star pattern in green since I've seen the color associated with the character
>>
>>9087584
meant to reply to >>9083795
sorry
>>
>>9087544
Not sure if you truly understand the costs of merchandise in Japan vs America. The only time it would ever be that cheap is on auctions or maybe gachas/buttons. If you take into consideration the cost of shipping (and proxy fees if you use one) it's more or less the same price as buying in the states. That is, if you buy only one item. The point is to buy as much as you can (afford) so that you can cut back on shipping costs.
Also repition is a style of itabag. While I won't judge if you don't like repition bags, I'd appreciate you (and other posters on this thread) not shitting on them (and using a photo of my bag lmao). The fucking point of an Itabag is that it's "PAINFUL" to look at. It's not supposed to cater to anyone but the holder (hell my own bags give me pain). Not sure if anyone has caught on but itai->pain.
And on the topic of fan vs official merch:
If official merchandise is unavailable, I'd say it's okay to mix or do exclusively fan. You have no choice. If official merchandise is abundant, I'd say use official. I personally enjoy the fact that I am supporting the creators that made my favorite character. But to each their own right?
>>
>>9087607
Stop being so salty, nobody was shitting on anyone.

But if you insist, I think your bag looks boring, not because of the repetition but because of the base bag. Would look way nicer if the bag was blue as well.
>>
>>9087635
If movic came out with blue bags of their large sizes, I'd jump on that quick as hell but unfortunately they only came out with the cream color. And the ver 2 is only available in black and white. Also not about to test how it dyes since it is approximately $35 aha...If i ever find a bag that is the size I like and the correct shade of blue then perhaps.
((Then again I feel like if the bag was also blue, everything will blend together and look like one blue blob. Not enough contrast imo))
>>
>>9087584
sorry to ask, but do you know where to get one of the star shaped bags? i've seen a lot about them but no one really mentioning/linking to a shop...
>>
>>9087607
I thought the issue at hand here was that the character art itself was repetitive and almost looked like clip art, not the repeating arrangement??

Maybe I'm confused.
>>
>>9087639
I really like color coded bags so in your case a light blue, not necessarily pale blue would look great with your bag. Black would compliment your merch also.
>>
>>9087645
Perhaps, but lack of artwork is usually fixed over time. The anime is also coming out so maybe I can hope for something new for him.
I was getting the vibe that repition is boring, especially since my bag is almost exclusively repition (stacked can badges, rubber straps bunches, same acrylic charms etc) and it was used as an example here. but maybe i am taking in this argument wrong.
>>
>>9087655
I'll keep the black in mind when I buy my next bag for this character. I'm out of space for my next lot coming in. Thanks
>>
>>9087640
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00098153

it's preorder right now, I guess
but it leaves time to gather merch
>>
>>9087673
Thank you so much!
>>
>>9085318
>>9085520

>No punctuation
>No capitalisation

Samefag more please.
>>
>>9087656
You are, the argument was about fan merchandise vs. official merchandise, where we discussed how a lot of official stuff is just the same image on several items, and why people might want more unique fan stuff instead.
>>
>>9087584
I saw that bag on amiami but my only concern was the actual color of the bag. The stock pictures are 2 completely different colors and there aren't any owner photos. Otherwise I'd totally get it.
>>
>>9087544
>all that same face
Touken Ranbu is pretty guilty with this.
>>
Can I request some inspiration pics of WEGO heart ita bags with lots of charms as opposed to buttons? Preferably with a chain holding them? I'm working on a small Komaeda bag and I want to use his wallet chain to hold some of the charms.
>>
>>9088953
I can't supply any pics right now but I'd love to see it when you're done anon!
>>
File: 119359.jpg (297KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
119359.jpg
297KB, 500x500px
Cospa makes a lot of those for various series.
>>
File: itabag posibilities.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
itabag posibilities.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
I'm doing Universal Orlando this fall and thinking of making up a Harry Potter itabag for the occasion. I already have pins (mostly promotional ones from the movies) but can't decide on a bag. Pic related are my top contenders right now. What do you guys think? Would ravenclaw navy be too much?
>>
>>9087798
although tht sounds like smth i would do i am surprised to say that was not me lol
>>
>>9089101
I like the navy, especially if the Harry Potter merch tends to have a lot of black in it. But if a lot of the merch is Ravenclaw based and dark blue, go with a different color for more contrast.
>>
>>9088976
Thanks anon! That won't be for a while though, it's slow gathering merch since I'm a bit of a poorfag.
>>
>>9089152
Yeah most of my stuff is either silver metal or pretty dark. Thanks!
>>
File: xanderbag.jpg (434KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
xanderbag.jpg
434KB, 900x1200px
>>9085174
>>9084826
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one finishing their bags during AX... I can't wait to see pics of your bags!!
This is mine, it's my first ita bag, so I really like how it turned out.
>>
Ugh, im having a minor set back with 3 things (bundles) i brought bc i decided to try out another shopping service. They said i could have everything shipped together, now demanding 2200 yen x 3. No way im paying that for getting one strap send individually. I feel like theres been communication issues. Am i the only one who with such bad luck?
>>
>>9084280
I'm thinking about doing soldier, not sure if its possible to find something with him there isnt slash with reaper
>>
>>9089956
fucking this. I'm interested in making a hanzo bag but it's just dumb mchanzo shit everywhere
>>
>>9089956
>>9090146
I don't really get what you mean? Unless you're finding merch that include both characters paired up together.

I'm no fujoshi or shipperfag, but yaoi pairings are inevitable in a series this popular. It shouldn't stop you from making a bag. As long as the artist makes single character charms or buttons, then it should be fine.
>>
>>9090146
I have the same problem with McCree senpai. I don't even get the pairing; it's just seems like the fujoshi are just scrambling to get the two most conventionally attractive men in the game together.
>>
>>9090180
Sorry, should've clarified; a lot of what i've seen is shippy and i dislike the ship. i'm not against 'yaoi' or shipping as a concept but i agree with this anon
>>9090183
in that its just fandom smushing together the two characters that most appeal to fujoshits despite the fact that they have 0 lore interaction and would have nothing to do with each other loooooool
>>
>>9089956
... Are itabags with two characters automatically assumed to be shipping bags? reaper and soldier are my most played and favorite characters, plus given their interactions I thought it would make sense to have them on the same bag, but i don't ship them at all.
>>
>>9090192
I mean if your bag isn't completely half Reaper and half Soldier76 on the same side then I wouldn't assume it's a ship bag because that 50/50 layout is what I typically see in pairing bags.

Personally, I'd pick my favorite of the two and add one or two charms/buttons of the other character. But it's whatever. Organize your bag however you like and don't think too much about how others interpret it.
>>
>tfw I'm going out of town tomorrow for the day and my itabag order is coming
I hope I don't have to sign for it and the box is small enough to fit in my mailbox.
>>
>>9086435
Thank you, I hope your Kakyoin dress comes out nice! I just followed Hutanna so I can catch the charms as soon as they come out.

Also, does anyone know where I could get the Josuke plush from? ToysLogic has it still but their reviews aren't the best, especially for pre-orders.
>>
File: 2016-07-06 23.17.31.jpg (2MB, 1763x1293px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-06 23.17.31.jpg
2MB, 1763x1293px
Finally got a decent bag and cover for my Oso bag. I'm not sure if I like this style though, I think I want to get one with the plastic cover already attached? I feel like it would look "cleaner"

Plus I feel like I need to make multiple bags for him anyways, seeing as I still have more orders of keychains on the way...

(Sorry about deleting & reposting, no idea why my picture keeps going upside down)
>>
Hey Anon who got the shoulder bag, did you ever receive it?
>>
>>9090233
I was planning on half/half because I thought just the black/white of reaper would be kind of boring. hmm.
>>
File: 20160707_150255.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160707_150255.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Got my itabag order today! Will do a review on the WEGO Taobao knockoff if anyone is interested but I'm surprised by the quality given the issues some people have brought up about their knockoffs.
>>
>>9092441
I'd like a review! I just bought the white version yesterday.
>>
>>9085826
Sell the straps on ebay, I made $100+ in profit from F!Kamui, Elise, and Joker alone.
>>
File: 20160707_145402.jpg (335KB, 1384x808px) Image search: [Google]
20160707_145402.jpg
335KB, 1384x808px
>>9092441
>>9092598
The listing is: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=531617293828
in case anyone needs it.

>Pros:
The bag is really well made and sturdy feeling. I know some people complained their knockoffs didn't have that divider or even a high enough divider but mine is almost to the top of the bag and fully covers the heart. It'll sag under weight but I'm going to attach some velcro to it to prevent that. The straps are adjustable with heavy gold metal pieces that look really nice.

>Cons:
The glitter on the window is kinda thick. I also had mystery black paint? patches on the window in some places but they're not noticeable unless you really look for it or put a sheet in front of the window. The bag is also kind of floppy? It won't sit up on its own but that's a minor thing for me so I'm not bothered by it.
>>
>>9092633
Forgot to mention about the strap fabric! The visible side of the strap is pleather and the underside is that fabric you find on traditional backpacks so it doesn't rub off on your clothing or anything. I thought it was really neat and I'd never seen that done before.
>>
>>9092633
Thanks for the review! Kinda wish I got my bag without the glitter window because I'm worried my charms would stand out less. Good to hear about the inside pocket being big enough. I still feel like I'm probably gonna add a covered piece of cardboard for the inside.
>>
File: bg-49-15-00003779-00.jpg (150KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
bg-49-15-00003779-00.jpg
150KB, 760x760px
>>9091940
The salus one?
>>
>>9092621
I want to keep them but goddammit I feel like I missed out on a bunch of money
>>
>>9087544
This. Especially if the series (game/manga) you are into has had an anime adaptation and the company decides to release more official merch based on the anime art which is obviously a different style to the game/manga. But it just depends on each owner of the itabag on what merch they choose to use.
>>
>>9087869
No...? Since the art for each character are drawn by different artists (with a few exceptions), they don't have the same face at all. It's just that Nitro+ copy-pastes the same art for every single merch item since they're too cheap to pay the artist for additional art.
>>
>>9092887
I think that's what they meant.
>>
>>9092887
They just mean they just use the same face art of one character for all merch.
>>
File: 00.jpg (162KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
162KB, 1080x809px
this thread is quite slow and there hasn't been a dump yet so i'll post some pics from insta!
as always, sorry for any reposts.
>>
File: 01.jpg (201KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
201KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093306
>>
File: 02.jpg (169KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
169KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093308
>>
File: 03.jpg (184KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
184KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093309
>>
File: 04.jpg (211KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
211KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093311
>>
File: 05.jpg (224KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
224KB, 1080x1350px
>>9093312
>>
File: 06.jpg (201KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
201KB, 1080x1349px
>>9093313
>>
File: 07.jpg (172KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
172KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093314
>>
File: 08.jpg (214KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
214KB, 1080x1350px
>>9093316
>>
File: 09.jpg (136KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
136KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093317
>>
File: 10.jpg (142KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
142KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093320
>>
File: 11.jpg (195KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
195KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093322
>>
File: 12.jpg (199KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
199KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093324
>>
File: 13.jpg (207KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
207KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093326
>>
File: 14.jpg (135KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
135KB, 1080x1080px
>>9093328
okay, that's me done.
>>
>>9093322
>dat iggy bag
gonna need a source man
>>
>>9093346
It's by a company called Ensky, you can get it here: http://plamoya.com/en/jojos-bizarre-adventure-iggys-face-tote-bag-p-121295.html (Not sure about the reliability of this site though so don't quote me on this) Or if you're patient you can sometimes find it secondhand on yahoo auctions.
>>
>>9093346
http://www.play-asia.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure-stardust-crusaders-tote-bag-iggy-face/13/709apz
>>
>>9093308
This is pretty cute. I like all the non-standard merch touches.
>>
>>9093312
Normally I agree with >>9085318, I'm not that into all-doujin bags and FE doesn't appeal to me, but I actually like this. It's well-organised and even though it's all by different artists the merch all still looks nicer together.
>>
>>9093317
This is glorious.
>>
>>9093312
I LOVE this bag. This looks excellent. So many fan merch bags end up looking eclectic (including mine), but the symmetry helps this one out. It also works well because most of the merchandise has a pink background; this entire bag was really thoughtfully put together.
>>
>>9093320
I'm sorry to say but this is not an itabag. it's just a decorative bag. Why do people assume just because you own a wego bag you can go ahead and call it an itabag? Have some of you forgotten what an itabag is?
>>
>>9093306
>tfw you have no itabag friends to do this with

I'm so jealous I could die. A-at least I have you guys, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
In the middle of making rosettes with my spare badges and it turns out that I really underestimated how much ribbon goes into making these.

I'll finish you soon Rin ;_;
>>
File: whewlad.png (548KB, 507x635px) Image search: [Google]
whewlad.png
548KB, 507x635px
not sure if anyone has posted something like this, but i found it on twitter and thought it might come in handy for some people here!

>>9094097
alright, sorry. i posted it because it was cute and in the itabag tag. i was only trying to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>9094900
Wow, anon! That looks amazing.
>>
>>9094940
I just use a rubbing alcohol swab but that works too
>>
>>9094097
Eh the definition is "painful to look at." I have to wonder where Japanese fans put things that are more decora but still fan related into the ita spectrum
>>
>>9094900
>Ribbon design: A+
>Hotglue: D-
>>
>>9094940
W-whats school glue?
>>
File: elmers-glue.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
elmers-glue.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
>>9095024
Aka Elmer's glue or white glue and typically used by schoolkids for crafts.
>>
>>9095024
PVA glue if you're not in the US.
>>
>>9094873
I feel you anon.
>tfw no itabag friend to scout merch with at cons
>tfw no itabag friend with a matching bag of a different character from the same fandom

My friends are too normie and will never understand the waifu/husbando life.
>>
File: 20160703_182922.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160703_182922.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Will anyone do a wego group order soon?
>>
>>9095465
if you're a member of the facebook group, a regular poster does wego group orders occasionally. benefits US more though.
>>
File: iktf.png (140KB, 341x347px) Image search: [Google]
iktf.png
140KB, 341x347px
>>9094873
>>9095353
right? i just want someone to bond with over this wallet-murdering hobby.
it's also a dream to attend an itabag meet up and i'm tempted to host one at a con i'm going to in a few months, but i live in scotland so my chances are probably slim.
>>
>>9095015
anon isn't thanking about it being painful or not, it doesn't have a theme or anything like that.
>>
>>9095526
I'm that person. I'm probably not gonna do any for a while; I already have four bags and don't need another one any time soon haha.
Anyone can organize one though! It seems everyone wants to get WEGO bags all the time.
>>
>>9095465
I'm interested!
>>
>>9095465
I'm also interested in ordering from WEGO considering that most of their heart bags are in stock right now.

Not related to the WEGO bags but to the photo--what brand are those bags? I feel like I've seen them mentioned before, but maybe I imagined it.
>>
>>9095795
You can get them on aliexpress if you search 'jelly transparent backpack'
>>
>>9095465
would it be possible to add in another shopping site, like salus? I've been on the fence about getting their shoulder bag like in >>9092768 due to the exchange rate, but if it's part of a group order then maybe...
>>
>>9095801
Thanks for the help!
>>
>>9095809
I have the Salus bag in yellow, what would you like to know?
>>
>>9095826
oh, I'm pretty set on the bag, actually, I've just been holding off because of the shitty JPY-USD and because I'm moving to japan in a couple of months anyhow. though if there's any particulars, pros/cons etc about it, like the material/size, please feel free to share! I'm also thinking of getting the yellow, but I'm iffy on which size to get. which size do you have?
>>
Can someone explain why this fad is becoming so popular? I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I just don't really think these bags are fun/cute/whatever, I get that they're supposed to be an eyesore and that it's like a portable waifu shrine, but I just can't really justify spending so much money to by all the merch to decorate these bags with.
I just don't like them, so those of you have made these bags, what is the aspect of it that appeals to you? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>9095870
for me its like... a dicksize contest? like.. you love this character?? guess how much i love THIS character.
>>
>>9095870
I already have the merch in a shrine so it's like I can carry the shrine with me.
>>
>>9095879
>>9095882
Is there a certain arrangement that makes a one waifu bag "better" than another. Like is the more tasteless it is, the "better" it is, or is it the more well done/symmetrical arrangement/clean must mean more time was spent thus making it "better"
I'm all for waifu shrines, but I like to keep mine in my room, for my eyes only. Or if I go out, I just have like a phone charm or something small.
Do you feel judged when you carry your bag with you?
>>
>>9095885
Not really? I mean normies just think it's some like forever21 trend right now? My ita bags are more like a series/ship and one of a certain character, i just try to make the design flow of each charm/button kind of fit together, like a puzzle.

As for being judged, nope, not really.
>>
>>9095885
I only bring it to cons at this point. I'm struggling making it look the aesthetic I want, but I think it will have a sort of harajuku fashion aesthetic to it.
>>
>>9095870
I own a shitload of merch already because I've been buying it over a period of many years, and I'm considering getting into this just because I can't fit all these fucking phone straps I own onto my actual phone.
So for me it's gonna be a way to justify the purchases I've already made and will continue to make, because I can have them with me and take them around and meet people who like the things I have.
>>
>>9095870
I mean, if you're spending money to make a shrine, might as well make it portable. Also I find that things like buttons or charms are best displayed on a bag than on a corkboard or something.
>>
>>9095870
It appeals to me because I love buttons, keychains, and phone straps but never knew what the hell to do with them. Generally I don't like to put them on my normie bags and itabags are great because it lets me keep it all in one place. As for bringing it places, I only plan on wearing it at cons.
>>
>>9095870
This "fad" is nothing new.

People have been modifying their personal carry bags for decades.
>>
>>9095809
I may hold a salus group order in late August. I just preordered a bunch of stuff to make a new bag and I want to split one of my bags into three so I need more base bags. I just can't spend any money right now until after otakon.
>>
>>9095885
>>9095870
>waifu shrine
>waifu
I hate to tell you anon but..
>>
I was thinking of attaching some lace trim around the heart window on the WEGO backpacks. Does anyone have any ideas on how to secure it without damaging the bag?
>>
>>9096965
Needle and thread? Or placed pieces of velcro or something.
>>
Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping charms facing out? Some of my charms have an attachment that makes them flip freely. I've attempted putting a safety pin through the attachment and it helps but I still have some flipping.

Also these heart backpacks are really.. wide on the bottom, which is good for storing plushes but bad for keeping your items visible because (They're easiest to see pressed up against the window)
>>
>>9097039
Sew a piece of fishing line or thin thread through the divider and over the neck or torso of the charm to keep it from flipping.
>>
>>9097039
>>9097044
Or, since I just saw it's one of those weird 360 attachment things, you can get a piece of clear scotch tape and just tape around that attachment area to keep it from spinning.
>>
File: Untitled.png (89KB, 149x406px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89KB, 149x406px
>>9097039
I use a safety pin through the bottom hole and use it to attach the keychain to my bag. Other wise a jewelry jump ring would be easy to add in.

>all that kinjou
Great taste anon
>>
>>9093311
>cosplaying the character along with itabag

Too bad im already selling my kashuu outfit, and I have all this kashuu merch but no bag.
>>
>>9093312
Is that washi tape or a lanyard at the top? This is really cute, I want to do a leon bag but Im not in the US so getting anything fanmade costs me like $14 to ship...
>>
>>9097320
It seems to be a strap
https://www.storenvy.com/products/16212180-strap-fire-emblem-fates-birthright-conquest
>>
>>9097333
Oh nice! thanks anon! This is super cute....
>>
Does anyone know where I could get a bag similar to this? I've had a look through all the links in the guide but couldn't find any like it.
>>
>>9098132
It's an Uta no Prince-sama bag. You can only find it in the after market now I believe. Since the store is going to sell backpacks now.
>>
>>9098143
Ah darn that sucks, thanks for the reply though! Guess I'll just look at making my own bag.
>>
How high of definition does an image need to be for artsmoo?
>>
>>9098144
I stand corrected, it seems there will be a preorder for the bags starting July 23rd
>>
>>9098159
Source: http://www.utapri.com/shiningstore/item/

Look at screenshot for category to go to
>>
>>9097039
>all that kin-chan
>spots arakita

I like you already, anon.
Sorry for not contributing to solving your problem, I'm actually facing the same issue and intended to ask about it at some point too.
Please post pics of your full bag sometime!
>>
>>9095870
I love the character, I already bought a ton of merchandise, and I had absolutely nothing to do with it other than stick it on a cork board. Now I can carry it around me, and actually get some USE out of the merch. It makes me happy, kind of like a more extreme version of wearing a fandom t-shirt. It's also fun to search for new merchandise to add to the bag, now that I have some place to put it all.

I'm also the type of person to put stickers and charms and straps on my cell phone, 3DS, Vita, etc. It makes me happy to have these pieces of art with me where I can see and use them, and lets me keep buying things out of the Dealers Hall & Artist Alley when I am completely out of room for posters, and running short on shelf space for figures as well.

SO I GUESS TL;DR
I'm not buying the merchandise to decorate the bag, I'm buying the bag because I purchase merchandise either way.

>>9095885
I don't feel judged when carrying my bag - but I also use it exclusively where it's appropriate. Out with friends, running errands, at conventions. I have professional looking bags for work etc. Sometimes a cashier or a passerby will peer at it to see better, and go, "Oh, that's cool!" but that's the most I've ever heard about it.
>>
File: b02_h.jpg (29KB, 360x497px) Image search: [Google]
b02_h.jpg
29KB, 360x497px
>>9098159
>>9098160
>Rerelease of the clear coat bags
>New black and white version

Please accept my legal tender.
>>
File: b01_h.jpg (35KB, 360x497px) Image search: [Google]
b01_h.jpg
35KB, 360x497px
>>9098534
Damn, the black & white ones look really sharp (I think the white ones have gold polka dots? Maybe the black ones have silver?) Now I really wish the backpacks were getting black & white in their run.
>>
File: image.jpg (238KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238KB, 768x1024px
Just a heads up since we're on the topic of utapri clear coat bags. Using the bag for other titles is fine for some but might not sit well with others, especially the die-hard fans. (Using the bags and filling it with another idol anime (b-pro/ensemblestars/etc would be worse lol) So just be wary if you ever want to take your bags around tokyo/ikebukuro.

If you're looking for something similar, there are these bags from swimmer. I have no idea if they're available online anywhere, but they're a great alternative and a heck lot cheaper too
>>
>>9098702
I was looking out for one of these bags but they've been out of stock on the web store for a while.

Does anyone know if I will be able to buy the utapri ones from the shining store when preorders start, or is it like an in-store only thing?
>>
okay anons.....some advice please! i'd like to order some pins (the 1.75" ones) from arts moo. i've got my images in the template/designer thing, but i'm trying to figure out how much of the space outside the "safe zone" actually gets cut off?

i have circular images, which means that if i shrink them so that they fit into the safe zone, i get a white border around the image when i preview the finished button. so i guess my question is, how much of a bleed should i have outside what arts moo considers the safe zone? i don't want white borders on all my buttons because i didn't make the images stretch to the edge.

i guess tl;dr, arts moo's safe zone and buttons? personal experiences requested. thanks.
>>
>>9098760
I preordered from the online store using an agent during their last run of clear coat bags so though you'll need a middle man, you can buy from the Shining Store.
>>
File: charms.jpg (530KB, 813x1200px) Image search: [Google]
charms.jpg
530KB, 813x1200px
Hey guys, i'm back for a short bit. I have some preorders for these charms open if you wont be in the Florida convention area to see us in person. I'm also going to be taking on the daunting task of trying to find enough Soldier 76/Mercy stuff to fill an itabag.

www.cutecraftsetc.etsy.com
>>
>>9099190
totally buying these when i get paid next month. the other hanzo i ordered from your arrived not long ago and i love it!
>>
>>9099190
These are adorable! I will throw so much money in your direction when the Lucio charm is done!
>>
So I finally caved and I'm planning to make a Love Live itabag. For anyone making/going to make one, did you pick a neutral colored bag since a lot of the merch varies in color, or did you go with a color that seems often associated with them?

On a sidenote, I got my boyfriend interested in itabagging and I've never been so proud.
>>
File: CnPHgevUsAA--2d.jpg (163KB, 600x940px) Image search: [Google]
CnPHgevUsAA--2d.jpg
163KB, 600x940px
ita phone case
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kawaiikan/165-72/
>>
>>9100221
holy shit this is so fucking cute
>>
>>9098160
so uh...anyone want to host a Shining Store group order?
>>
Hey guys! I'm currently running a Wego and Salus group order on the Facebook group.
>>
>>9100221
> iphone 6

well, I didn't want one, anyway.
>>
>>9100516
...? I'm confused. The examples shown not an iphone?
>>
>>9099758
I did the color associated with the character and and a lot of the ones I've seen have done the same thing too.

I could see pink being good for a μ's one or blue for Aqours though.
>>
>>9093312
Not sure if you are the lady who made this bag, but I'm the crazy woman who ran up to you in the Walgreens. You did a great job with your bag!
>>
>>9099758
I want to make one for Hanayo and I plan on using a green bag. I can't find one in the right green color though
>>
>>9100525
>>9100665
Awesome, I'm also planning to do Hanayo and Salus has a nice light green, so I'm thinking of doing that!
>>
Lurker here. Decided I'm gonna make an iDOLM@STER/765Pro bag. I have a bunch of merch already and just bought some more to add. Really like the heart-shaped window bags so I want to use one of those. Probably in pink? I did an im@s cosplay a while back and still have some pink sequin fabric leftover (like the outfits from the anime) so I may cover the fabric parts of the bag with it. Not sure yet. Still mostly in the brainstorming phase but I'm excited.

I considered doing a Makoto-only bag (she's my princess <3) but her image color is black which is... kinda boring, IMO. One for all the charas would be more colorful.
>>
>>9100898
Makoto best im@s!!
>>
>>9100221
Eh, I think the idea of an ita phone case is something I can get behind but that just looks too bulky for my liking.
>>
File: opm.jpg (253KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
opm.jpg
253KB, 1200x900px
hey, big thank you to the person who suggested a centerpiece for my itabag and sent a link to an auction for this mask. i just received it today and it's the perfect size for my bag.

i'm attempting symmetry as best as i can. this is the merch i have so far but i'm still waiting on a lot. it's hard to find merch for these two that aren't already sold out or expensive as hell.

i'm planning on an outfit to wear this with too. i'm waiting for an oppai hoodie and i already have the saitama beanie. i'm going to wear this at a con in september. very excited.
>>
>>9100898
I think if you did Makoto and picked a black heartbag but made the insert in pink sequins would be supercute and really suit her! I'm making an I'm@s bag myself, but with Nana and Miku from CG. Though I'm thinking of making an Iori insert too since my basebag is pink so I can switch them out
>>
>>9101202
Ooh, I like the pink insert idea! The only thing I'm concerned about is that the black bag would wash out the rest of the colors too much. Right after I posted this I had the idea to just use a pink base bag and use the sequin fabric for some bows or other accents, instead of covering the whole thing. So I may do that instead. The sequin fabric is kinda itchy anyway.

I think I have enough small Makoto stuff to fill a small heart bag, but another thing I thought of doing was maybe having her in the center and the rest of the cast bordering on the outside. I have a full set of the OFA pixel sprite phone charms, and just bought the rainbow OFA set from TOM this evening, so I'd have enough to make a pretty solid border. I'd love the bag to be super colorful, and doing a Makoto-only one would be mostly black and grey, unfortunately. I may make one anyway though, we'll see lol

And I wanna see pics of your CG one when you have them! That sounds really cute! An Iori one would be super cute too, you should try and find a replica of her bunny plushie to be one of the pieces.
>>
>>9095465
>tfw i know who owns that Shigure bag
>>
File: 14itabag01.jpg (4MB, 2333x3500px) Image search: [Google]
14itabag01.jpg
4MB, 2333x3500px
>>9100221
Oh damn, I want one of these.

I finally "finished" one side of my Juice bag today after a package came in just in time for a convention I'm headed to tomorrow.
The front side is Jyushimatsu dedicated and the back dedicated to Suuji. It's super heavy. I'll post/take better/more pictures later if anyone is interested.
(I also got the happis the mascots wear and a cap in.)
>>
>>9101967
What bag did you use for the base, anon? I'm looking for yellow totes that are more lighter color or pastel and all I ever really see is bright yellow.
>>
>>9100221
there is the wego heart phone case too
>>
File: 14itabag04.png (1MB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
14itabag04.png
1MB, 665x665px
>>9101975
I got this one from Zakka. It's a light lemony yellow colour.
>http://zakka-mart.com/?pid=95967084
>>
>>9102017
Thanks, it's what I had in mind! I love the way the plush on the sides look too btw.
>>
I love the star window bags, I think they'd be great for whatever JoJo bag I end up going with. I'm considering trying to do a Steel Ball Run bag (or just Johnny/Gyro/Diego really) it would obviously have to rely a lot on fanmade merch but I think I could make it work. Maybe even sewing on some of those ugly little chibi figures.
>>
>>9101166
No worries about the auction link and yout bag is looking good so far. Id love to see it once you've got more merch.
>>
>>9101967
cute bag!! love the row of badges on the strap. Is that the matsu plush pen pouch at the top anon? I've also ordered it and i think it might be the cutest matsu plush so far
>>
File: bby.jpg (2MB, 1200x1927px) Image search: [Google]
bby.jpg
2MB, 1200x1927px
>>9102039
Np, and thank you!
>>9102128
Thanks, I feel like it's going to be a bit of a pain keeping them in order haha
And yes! It's definitely the softest cutest one so far in my opinion (and way bigger than I thought he'd be!) ! I wish I had ordered Ichi too.
>>
>>9102017
>Bulldog clips to hang straps from
Fucking genius anon
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 768x1024px
Does anyone have any examples on hand of itabags made from stuff that isn't official or fanmade merch? Sorry for the complicated phrasing. I know someone had a b/w bag in a previous thread for a manga character and made their own plush? (forgot the character, sorry!)

Reason I'm asking is I want to make a bag for my best girl but she's from a fairly unpopular idol game and not part of the main lineup, so she has no official merch and no fan merch. (pic related from series) I was thinking of getting buttons made from artsmoo, but wanted to see other examples of any similar bags.
>>
>>9094900

Finish the ribbons properly, you twat.

Either take a lighter to it to melt it or use Fray Check.
>>
>>9102761
Calm down, it's not even complete yet. I don't think the ribbons are even attached yet.
>>
>>9095526
Might be a dumb question, but what's the Facebook page called?
>>
Where does everyone like to get those clear badge covers? I'm thinking of getting some to add deco stuff to.
>>
>>9103121
It's Itabag/Fandom Fashion Central
>>
>>9103181
I don't know if there are any stores selling them that ship internationally, but I bought mine off Amazon jp 缶バッジカバー
>>
File: hajibag.jpg (339KB, 1066x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hajibag.jpg
339KB, 1066x1200px
Has anyone ever seen a totebag like this for sale? I know about the Wego heart totebags, but they look like they're just made of plain canvas rather than the shiny material here.
>>
>>9103231
Thanks, I'll try that!
>>
>>9103285
can't help you, but this bag is my life goal.
>>
>>9103366
I know right? It's so good
>>
>>9103285
i think there might have been a period of time when wego was selling the shiny versions. probably not as popular or in production anymore
>>
>>9099758
I want to make a Kotori bag. Her color is gray, but she wears green a lot so I may go with a green bag.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Finally got all of my charms in the mail today, and I just finished pinning them all onto my bag. Is there such a thing as having it look too crowded? I'm also a little paranoid that it's incredibly obvious that everything is more smushed together on the bottom than it is on the top (I was worried I would 't have enough space when I started), but it could just be from staring at it too long. Pic related, I'd love to hear some opinions or suggestions if anyone has any!

>>9103196
Thank you so much!
>>
>>9103181
I got mine from the animate online store, using tenso! They have various sizes and shapes available
>>
>>9102761
It's a work in progress anon, sorry to trigger your autism.
>>
Hey, could anyone tell me if the heart bags would be good for using as actual college school bag? Like are the straps pretty sturdy, how much do you feel you could carry in it, could you fit regular sized notebooks in it comfortable?

I already have enough charms for an itabag (maybe even 2 since I'm always buying merch regardless), but I never really caved to since I didn't feel I'd get enough use out of the bag to justify buying it. But then I realized how badly I need a new school bag, so thought now would be a good time. I was more eyeing >>9087584 these amiami, but they have similar measurements so I was hoping.....
>>
>>9103915
I don't think you could fit much in them. Maybe a notebook, but definitely not a book or anything. It's more of a purse size imo.
>>
File: image.jpg (260KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 1200x897px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 1200x897px
>>9103964
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 900x1200px
>>9103969
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 900x1200px
>>9103973
>>
>>9103491
> Too crowded
That's the goal anon. Also A+ taste in waifus
>>
File: 16.png (556KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
556KB, 800x500px
>tfw just making a bag for your space husbando wasnt enough
>tfw planning on making a second bag so you can carry your space sodomites with you wherever you go

im still fucking wiped from my kaidan bag and cosplay jesus christ.
>>
>>9103915
Knockoff WEGO owner here. Mine is pretty sturdy but I wouldn't put a heavy book in there and it's not big enough for a laptop/notebooks. It's perfect to carry writing supplies, your beauty stuff, and a tablet though.
>>
>>9104100
Itabag Hell never ends, Anon.
>>
For you with more bags than one, do you try to use different kind of bags or do you go for the same?

Like I have a pink WEGO heartbag which I'm making two inserts for. But I want to make another bag and I'm not sure if I should get another heartbag or something else. Im not very fond of the big A3 sized bags
>>
>>9103491
>that A+ waifu taste
I notice some of those are blind box chains; as someone who is collecting Takane, how'd you get Makoto separated? MFC? Group orders?
>>
>>9098702
>Using the bag for other titles is fine for some but might not sit well with others, especially the die-hard fans

I don't think this will be a problem you will actually run into. Very few girls in Japan are going to come up to strange foreigners and shame them for using an UtaPri bag for a non-UtaPri thing. If anyone has actual accounts of this please share
>>
>>9104136
I think as long as they're both in the same color scheme they'll look good together. Unless you plan on having more than one bag for different occasions?
>>
File: bag_00.jpg (388KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
bag_00.jpg
388KB, 760x760px
>>9103915
a zakkamart backpack would probably work better as a school bag
they seem a bit bigger and sturdier

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/zakkamart/item/0004f/
>>
>>9101166
I'd rec maybe printing out a Saitama and Genos name in Japanese if you want to fill up the empty space? It still looks awesome either way!
>>
>>9104255
>>9103491

I wanna know this too. Same anon as >>9100898, seems like the only place I can find some of the Makoto straps is by buying the full set. Which... I do not have money for. Most of the merch I have I've gotten on eBay but they don't always have a big variety.
>>
File: 07-02-56-01.gif (23KB, 950x80px) Image search: [Google]
07-02-56-01.gif
23KB, 950x80px
Going to highly recommend auc-toysanta on rakuten (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-toysanta/) for blind box straps/charms/ect. Recently purchased some things for my bag there and the price was super reasonable.
>>9104255
>>9104398
auc-toysanta has some separated Makoto and Takane merch as well
>>
>>9103998
Thank you, anon! I couldn't ask for a better waifu.

>>9104255
>>9104398
It was my first time personally using a shopping service (I ended up going through Zenmarket for all of it), and I basically did a lot of auction and Japanese store crawling to find everything: a lot of it came from Yahoo Auctions JP, with some others through Amazon JP, suruga-ya, mercari, and a couple through some more obscure places. If anyone has any questions on where I got any of the specific keychains or charms, or if there's one in particular you're looking for but don't see (I didn't manage to fit everything on the bag), let me know and I'll let you know where it came from. I hope this helps!

I'm honestly really excited to see other gulls putting together Idolm@ster itabags, though! If you decide to post up pictures once they're done, I'd love to see them!
>>
>>9104136
My first bag was a tote, second a crossbody bag, and I'm considering buying one of the backpacks. Makes it a little bit easier to bring them all out at once.
>>
For anyone interested, amiami has the star shaped bagpack as well as another new type.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00098155
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00099452
>>
File: CnhorIaUAAACRVZ.jpg (121KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CnhorIaUAAACRVZ.jpg
121KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: CnngklaUEAEak0Y.jpg (159KB, 721x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CnngklaUEAEak0Y.jpg
159KB, 721x1200px
based WEGO again
>>
File: clearruck_tokusyu_o2_32.png (344KB, 400x615px) Image search: [Google]
clearruck_tokusyu_o2_32.png
344KB, 400x615px
>>
What are people's thoughts on fandom rather than character specific itabags? do they still 'count' or is more geared towards husbando/waifu shrine type of thing?
>>
>>9105683
Wego stop releasing bags that makes me regret buying the heart bag
>>
>>9105683
I saw these on Wego's site last night and died lol. They completely derailed all my plans, I want them!!
>>
>>9105683
My chrome won't translate the page, but are these pre-orders?
>>
>>9105743
Most people are just going to tell you do whatever you want; I think it's okay but it depends. A bag of all six matsu combined looks fine to me, but a general Haikyuu bag could be a bit of a mess and it would be better to focus on a certain team or smaller group, like the Karasuno second years, or that "third gym dicksquad" bag.

>>9105683
This just looks like a square version of the mise tote. Nice to have more options though.
>>
>>9105834
Yes it's a preorder, they come out in August.
>>
File: 03_009-600.jpg (39KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
03_009-600.jpg
39KB, 600x800px
>>9105683
It's not as apparent in the default product shots, but the outer pocket is pretty bulky and I'm not sure I like the look of it.
>>
>>9106103
Hmm I don't mind it because it's probably the best alternative to the tote bag in clear bag option. Thsoe really feel like once they're full there's not a lot of room left for actually carrying stuff. This one looks like the main pocket holds it own integrity while the merch gets a "shadow box" of sorts
>>
How do you decide how much should a strap or button should cost when wanting to split a box set? I want to get some straps and buttons but idk how to decide how much is appropriate to include shipping and all.

What I want to do is go by going by the price of the box divided by the number of straps in it which seems fair. Do you guys add how much shipping will be as well or not?
>>
>>9106427
Price of strap and price or shipping should be separate since people might want a few. If you're in the US the shipping should be no more than $2-3 unless it's an insanely big acrylic dangle
>>
>>9103932
>>9104109
>>9104388
I'd be mainly using it mainly for basic school supplies/ probably non-textbook books (like novels and stuff)/etc, I can carry my textbooks just fine especially since my classes this semester doesn't seem textbook heavy, so I'm not too worried if the bags can't handle them.

Thank you for the replies though! They've really helped, I'll also consider the zakkamart one, if anyone else knows of something that could also work please send it my way.
>>
File: b05_t.jpg (19KB, 310x400px) Image search: [Google]
b05_t.jpg
19KB, 310x400px
Have any of you bought from the Utapri Shining Store? I would like to get one of the Big clear coat bags and wonder the best way to go about it.
>>
File: Capture.png (1024KB, 560x746px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1024KB, 560x746px
If anyone wanted to start a Dramatic Stars bag this just popped up on y!auctions

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r157427010
>>
File: Cnuf8dqVMAARsFr.jpg (170KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cnuf8dqVMAARsFr.jpg
170KB, 720x720px
>>
File: CnpioghVMAEDWmK.jpg (264KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CnpioghVMAEDWmK.jpg
264KB, 1200x900px
>>9107057
>>
File: CnskB6LVMAEJsrJ.jpg (154KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CnskB6LVMAEJsrJ.jpg
154KB, 768x1024px
>>9107059
>>
File: CntGzATUkAE-mA0.jpg (273KB, 1200x1151px) Image search: [Google]
CntGzATUkAE-mA0.jpg
273KB, 1200x1151px
>>9107061
>>
File: CntGbXpUsAAmjbc.jpg (225KB, 1200x1020px) Image search: [Google]
CntGbXpUsAAmjbc.jpg
225KB, 1200x1020px
>>9107063
>>
File: Cntp8dQVYAISpxj.jpg (100KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cntp8dQVYAISpxj.jpg
100KB, 768x1024px
>>9107064
>>
File: CnuO9CLVMAADXVt.jpg (273KB, 1200x820px) Image search: [Google]
CnuO9CLVMAADXVt.jpg
273KB, 1200x820px
>>9107066
>>
File: CnkMn2vVIAAonio.jpg (241KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CnkMn2vVIAAonio.jpg
241KB, 900x1200px
>>9107068
>>
File: CncsKCbVMAAEhsS.jpg (132KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CncsKCbVMAAEhsS.jpg
132KB, 750x1000px
>>9107072
i'm so sorry
>>
>>9107074
This was painful to look at. 10/10 itabag
>>
File: White_lighter_with_flame.jpg (286KB, 1712x2288px) Image search: [Google]
White_lighter_with_flame.jpg
286KB, 1712x2288px
>>9107074
>>
>>9107068
>Three Lights
All my yes.
>>
>>9107074
Probably the only bag I've seen this year that was physically painful to look at.
>>
File: image.jpg (396KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
396KB, 1080x1350px
Anyone here interested in hosting a suruga-ya order on mfc? Or even one on the Facebook page seems viable.
>>
>>9108272
i can do one, but i would keep it usa-only. would that be ok?
>>
File: image.jpg (795KB, 1530x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
795KB, 1530x2048px
>>9108297
Oh yeah that would work perfectly anon.
>>
>>9085316
I thought these bags were so cute that I impulse bought the pink one for fall semester. And I usually don't impulse buy. Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: DSC_1420.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1420.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Anyone have a red WEGO backpack they're willing to get rid of? Either backpack style. I tried ebay/ali but it looks like they don't make a red replica. And the ones WEGO makes now, along with all their other red pleather stuff, is weirdly orangey so I can't get a new one.
Saw this cute Jyushi bag in Tokyo, but it was too crowded to ask for a proper photo. He had oversized buttons and plushes on the other side!
>>
File: 1467554407488.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1467554407488.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>9109456
>>
>>9103285
Putting a figure in a little bag is a pretty nice idea, would have to be something really cheap though.
>>
>>9106103

i think i like the look of the bulky pocket as it gives more space for straps and badges without the clear vinyl warping. Width wise it sits better and not flat like the mise totes. I might sell my village vanguard bag for this...
>>
What color base bag would you guys suggest for one character that's dark blue-themed and the other character orange-themed?
>>
>>9111411
For dark blue, I'd go a lighter color. For orange, I'd have to say black.
>>
Does Salus take foreign credit cards? The FAQ doesn't exactly say.
>>
>>9111498
Yes they do! I order from them quite frequently. You'll still need a forwarding service though.
>>
>>9111620
Ooh nice, thanks!
>>
>>9111446
Oh, I forgot to specify that it's going to be a pairing bag. I've seen Osomatsu-san itabags where half is one color and half is another, but I was wondering if there was a single color that would go good with orange and blue.
>>
>>9111747
White is probably the only neutral color that would work with both. Blue and orange are already complimentary colors.
And based on those two colors, this sounds like a Masato/Ren bag. Or maybe I just have too much UtaPri on the mind.
>>
File: preview2.png (180KB, 230x253px) Image search: [Google]
preview2.png
180KB, 230x253px
Sorry if it's been linked/mentioned before, what base bag is this?
>>
>>9112175
Wego
>>
>>9111813
Haha, I've never been into UtaPri; they're Touken Ranbu characters. Thanks for the advice though, anon!
>>
>>9112436
Pale pink would give you a triadic color scheme and suit the sakura motifs of Touken Ranbu.
>>
File: bdasf.png (537KB, 820x555px) Image search: [Google]
bdasf.png
537KB, 820x555px
I'm planning to do my second itabag now that D.Gray-man HALLOW is giving me more merch of my original husbando, so here's the bag I'm planning to use and everything I've preordered so far! I have some old Tyki merch too (only a charm figure and a small figure), but they don't really fit in with the new merch, so we'll see if I'll include them in the bag.

But yeah, I came here with an actual question too: does anyone have any styling ideas for a bag like this, other than stuffing things into the front pocket and hanging things from zippers etc? Mostly I'm thinking about how I could use the clear top part of the bag. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9113256
aww, this DGM reboot is really making me want to get back into it, and all this new merch is adorable too.

is there a lot of depth to that backpack? you might want to create a foam or fabric-covered board to attach pins and badges and things onto, and that way they appear closer to the front of the bag as well, making them easier to see.

depending on what you're doing with the front pocket, you may want to keep the charms limited to the upper half in the back pocket, as it would get cluttered and busy with stuff in both the back and front sections. unless you want to create a layered sort of effect, but you'd have to pick and choose your merch carefully so there's enough contrast.
>>
>>9113267
I don't have the bag yet, but in the product photos it seemed pretty flat at least. Thanks for the tips! I was thinking of doing a some kind of backing at least to the front pocket, but I wasn't sure how. The foam + fabric method sounds good though!

Yeah I was thinking of keeping the main focus on the front pocket, but balance it a bit by putting something on the front upper portion too! But maybe just a couple of pins etc.
>>
>>9113282
if you need something kind of filler-y for the back, maybe long strings of something glimmery or sparkly to create a curtain effect? it'd make a pretty fabulous backdrop for whatever you choose to showcase in the front pocket. (I don't remember much about Tyki, but his merch gives off a really fab, extravagantly elegant vibe.) perhaps small buttons or charms tracing the top edge of the backpack, and then beads or chains or what have you cascading down from them.
>>
>>9113402
Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely keep them in mind!
>>
Anyone have the Japanese search term for badge protectors/covers?
>>
>>9114382
バッジコバー

Literally badge cover
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.