[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Circle contact lens thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

File: contact3.png (717KB, 861x1000px) Image search: [Google]
contact3.png
717KB, 861x1000px
Pic related is Neo vision dali extra grey

Wonderful contacts but one came with a defect. (Got refunded from the store, but I didn't notice the defect until I opened them)

I wanted to buy from honeycolor for their 1+1 promotion has one gotten their defects (if they've received them) refunded after opening them since most places refuse to refund if they are opened? I've searched up honeycolor but anything with defects comes back when they accepted paypal and now they don't i'm worried if I get a defect my money would be lost.

Other than that general Circle lens thread!

if anyone wants pics of Neo vision grey (only have a couple before I tossed) on light green eyes or a review on Geo bella grey feel free ask.
>>
Any general yellow contacts that look good on really light eyes? Would be used for characters like Saber Alter, Neferpitou, Black Hanekawa.
>>
>>9081549
I'm not sure if you are going to natural or unnatural but i'll give you both G&G Shimmer Yellow seems to be okay as well as "Princess Pinky Cosplay Avatar"

I just quickly checked PP for you so you might be able to find better or find one that matches your base curve.
>>
I wish I could use them but I'm blind as a bat without my RGP lenses
>>
>>9083591
What's the different between these and hard contacts? Aren't they all the same if you have the same prescription?
>>
>>9086605
A lot of people with RGP lenses have them because they don't have their script offered in soft lenses (high myope/weird astigmatism are the commonest reasons I've heard of) so I guess that's why anon might struggle in soft lenses?
>>
Any lenses that look more or less natural (aka little to no enlarging) and come in fucking blind strength?

My script is like -6.5, -5.5 and all the good natural looking lenses I've found only come plano

Specifically looking for green.
>>
File: EOS new adult green-500x500.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
EOS new adult green-500x500.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>9086800
try the Geo Tricolor Green, or the EOS new adult green >pic related

Both come in prescriptions up to -10 and are 14.2

Beaucon is a japanese brand you can try their vibrant green?
>>
>>9080355
I'm this anon

I just went ahead and bought them, hopefully none come with defects

I'll post a short review on all of them including the bella when the order gets here, if you want a longer one just ask me now.
my order is:
Beaucon Vibrant Match Violet
Neo Celeb Gray
Beaucon Vibrant Match Gray
Beaucon Natural Gray
Neo Dali Extra Violet
Neo Dali Extra Gray (I got another one of these becaus despite the defect I got with the last one they looks really nice)

I have medium color green eyes.

sage for double post
>>
>>9090135
Seconding EOS New Adult, it's really vibrant but it's not neon. It's a bit on the dramatic side, but no more so than that it takes more than a quick look to tell if they're contacts.

I also have the New Adult Blue, but they're a rather dark blue.
>>
File: woohoo.png (129KB, 448x557px) Image search: [Google]
woohoo.png
129KB, 448x557px
Honey color BOGO sale more like time to buy lots of lenses and get back into wearing them
>>
Where's the best place to order prescripted color contacts?

I need a pair of hazel/yellow for next weekend.
>>
>>9094242
>next weekend
Yeah, you're not going to have any in time.
Most websites can be filtered to show only lenses within a designated prescription field. Pinky Paradise, Honeycolor, uniqso, etc
>>
File: 20160709_141459.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_141459.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>9090143
Aloha!

I ordered quite a lot from Honeyolor just when the Beaucon BOGO started, from 12 pairs i've tried not all yet.

Dali in green and grey(wont appear blue-ish) are my favs so far. They are a bit less comfortable tho. No defects either! Im confident your order will turn out amazing!

Tried on also the Beaucon violet jewels and i think vassen color in green. Jewels look more natural then expected, animu-reallife maybe? vassen is super vibrant but also super unnatural compared to dali but more comfy. The neo cosmo ones that are supposed to look super natural are barely noticable(not in a good way), also just a tiny enlargment.Tried hem in grey tri-color but tourned out blue. Ordered green too so will see later.

Will stick to this thread and update with pictures if needed

(Ps i have brownish/green eyes, with a red inner ring)

Pic rel from top to bottom, beaucon purple jewels, dali green, neo cosmo tri color in grey
>>
>>9094242
My order was over 100 usd and i got free express shipping from honeycolor, arrived 3 days later to italy...good luck!>>9094984
>>
Lens recommendations for Toph? I feel like all of the "blind" white mesh lenses that I've looked at are way too white and look creepy as fuck. I found green mesh contact lenses on a site called foureyez.com, is it a reliable site? Has anyone ever ordered from there?
>>
>>9094995
Don't use foureyez
>>
>>9094995
Best bet is to order custom ones.
>>
>>9094995
I bought some white mesh ones from HoneyColor and I think they worked well for Toph. Tbh I think green would look weird.
>>
So, a while back I bought these lenses from PP that make your eyes look almost completely white, but still lets you see (http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Princess-Pinky-Cosplay-White-Mesh-p/f24-f11.htm these ones)

I got them, all was good, they looked neat af and my vision in them was pretty good
I wore them like once or twice, gently washing them each time, and then one time when I was going to wear them, the mesh on one of the lenses around the pupil was really faded
Like, I'm not 100% sure how to explain it, but pretty much, the pupil was much much more visible than it was before.

Has anyone had anything similar to this happen? I'm really disappointing because I never even got to use them for what I wanted to, and it sucks spending like $20 for two uses

Idk if its just Pinkyparadises quality that's bad or if this is something that happens with lenses like these
>>
Got payment refusal when I tried to order from Honeycolor. Know I'm supposed to call the bank, but what exactly am I saying if the payment didn't go through?
>>
>>9095227
"I tried to pay for something, it didn't work, can you make it work for me?"
>>
File: 1468167660266.jpg (120KB, 521x201px) Image search: [Google]
1468167660266.jpg
120KB, 521x201px
>>9096269
>>9095227
In their FAQ you also need to redo the whole order if a payment didn't go through

I may have went overboard because on top of this order >>9090143
I ordered pic related
>>
>>9095056
Never looked into white mesh lenses myself but fading sounds very concerning since they seem so opaque in the real life photos in your link. How long have they been opened for? If they've been opened for less than a year and you can't find any other reviews that say the same and then maybe you can contact PP and see what they have to say.
>>
File: 4626893535.jpg (60KB, 510x600px) Image search: [Google]
4626893535.jpg
60KB, 510x600px
Anyone know where to get mini sclera contacts that are sort of like this? I've never done full sclera contacts before and I can't justify $100-ish for something disposable.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
Any recommendations for this kind of blue?
>astigmatic left eye so pls be comfy
>my shitty brown eyes might ruin the effect
>>
>>9095056
I actually don't remember when I got them...
But def less than a year ago

I guess I should try to contact them, but I feel like it would be kinda a pain in the ass, and I would probably get a "free shipping" coupon at most.

Idk, I'm lazy and I just don't think it's worth it, and I'm not sure what I would say anyways.
>>
>>9095056
This is really concerning. Ive been using white mesh from honeycolour for three years and ive never had that problem. Ask for a refund.
>>
>>9096677
At least don't wear them anymore for your own safety if you're not going to inquire the supplier about it.
>>
>>9096677 again, I decided to write to them, even if I made the order like half a year ago, I'll keep you guys updated about what they do about it
>>9096683
Yeah, I've had overall better experience from honeycolour, I'm probably gonna just stay with them in the future
>>9096705
Yeah, probably a good idea...
>>
File: HBOmGBd.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
HBOmGBd.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
So, any rec for Midori? I thought about the yellow one from Twilight series but I think the black ring doesn't look so good for her.
>>
>>9096726
you could try Princess Pinky Cloudy Yellow or Princess Pinky Cosplay Avatar?

The problem with her eyes is that it's two separate blocks.
If i were to cosplay her Since I have green eyes i would just need a yellow to blend in, and I would get something with a ring and a star pattern to blend in. You didn't say what color eyes you have so I assumed they were green.

If they are green I recommend I.Fairy Moonlite Yellow it provides the exact effect of her eyes.

but all you needed to do was browse a couple lens sites to find it.
Half the time most people who ask for lens recommendations can find what they are looking for in about five minutes.
>>
>>9098009
Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry for not mentioning, I have pretty dark eyes.

I've browsed a bunch of sites but couldn't decided on a model, that's why I came here to ask if anyone had a good suggestion. Most of the stuff I found I'm not really satisfied with, they are either not yellow enough or with a black ring. Thanks anyway!
>>
>>9098032
i.codi colors of the wind in moonlight actually shows up gold/yellow on dark brow eyes, instead of a gross greenish tinted yellow
>>
I have really light blue eyes and I'm cosplaying a character with dark warm brown eyes is there any hope I can get lenses that won't leave a ring of light blue in the middle? Any suggestions?
>>
>>9098048
EOS New Adult, which were mentioned upthread, have a pupil hole that's small enough to work in most natural light. If you shoot in studio light, you're probably shit out of luck, though.
>>
Weird question. I cannot for the life of me use the tip of y finger to put lenses in. So usually I hold my bottom lid down and turn my head away from the mirror and pinch the corner of the lense with my index and thumb. Then I slide it in the outter corner of my eye, and holding my top lid I then smooth it onto my eyeball and flick my eye to the side so it attaches to the cornea.

Now my question is is there anything wrong with doing it this way? I cannot seem to get them in any other way yet because I flinch/blink too much. It just seems weird pinching the corner of the lenses and forcing it to slid up onto my eyeball.
>>
>never worn contact lenses before
>going to a convention soon and my cosplay needs them
How long does it take to get used to them?
Are regular contact lenses for vision hard to wear?
>>
>>9098255
They're a pain in the ass to get in. First time I tried contacts, it took like an hour and a half to get them in. Prepare your time adequately and practice a little. Cosplay lenses, at the very least, are very floppy.

Conversely they're pretty easy to get out.
>>
File: 1455115265310.jpg (187KB, 589x446px) Image search: [Google]
1455115265310.jpg
187KB, 589x446px
>>9083591
>>9086785

Ahhahaa I'm drunk and I read 'RPG' lenses and thought those are some extra thick glass satellite dishes people wear. Ahh forgive me.
>>
How long does honeycolor take to process orders? I placed an order on July 8th and it still says "processing"
>>
File: tumblr_niw7ekinVt1s4qvrdo1_500.jpg (155KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niw7ekinVt1s4qvrdo1_500.jpg
155KB, 500x707px
Recommendations for bright golden yellow contacts? Searching for ones that would work for pic related.

>>9096621
Dolly+ green is a nice blue/green combo!

>>9098995
That's normal with them, I'd give it about a week before emailing.
>>
>>9098995
they had public holiday last week t should ship soon though because my order placed on the 10th shipped
>>
Does anyone know of any circle lense brands that carry ones with an 8.5 base curve? And how much does it matter getting the base curve right anyway -can it just be close and still be good?
>>
>>9098229
Don't see why unless you pinch with nails (I'd make sure your nails are well cleaned for hygiene reasons anyway) , kinda sounds like how you insert sceleras to me
>>
>>9099953
My opticians said .1 either way is safe
>>
>>9099997
Yay thanks!
>>
>>9096621
Venus eye Aqua might be nice too
>>
>>9098055
>EOS New Adult
thank you so much anon <3
>>
>>9080355
>circle contact lenses
>as opposed to square contact lenses
>>
>>9080355
This is a really stupid question, but what is the defect in OP's photo? Is it a lack of color in that area, or is there some kind of raised scratchy area?
>>
>>9102396
the term "circle lenses" usually refers to lenses that have a larger diameter than the natural iris, intended to have an eye enlarging effect
>>
>>9098946
Howe long does it take to get used to them?
>>
>>9102472
if you open the picture(on pc) there is actually a red circled area, there is a line there. That was the defect, the line was a raised area on the contact that could only be seen in direct sunlight
>>
>>9102573
for my regular contacts they said to wear them for 4 hours the first day, 6 the second, and then 8, 12+ respectively. You will probably get used to them quickly but it's probably best to wear them a couple times for a few hours before you need them. Wearing them immediately for long hours can be drying and also cause headaches
>>
File: contact.png (2MB, 1008x1768px) Image search: [Google]
contact.png
2MB, 1008x1768px
>>9096515
>>9090143
I'm this anon(OP) I haven't opened them all but i'll review the ones I have open. I have darker green eyes and slightly dry eyes

Geo Bella grey
darker grey coloring dry as fuck wore them 12 hours the whole time my eyes were itching, had to take them out on break and put them back in.

Beaucon Vibrant Match Violet
- not as good as the pictures very subtle unless in direct sunlight, many people think the color was grey

Beaucon Vibrant Match Gray
first pair was a defect in the coloring second pair> absolutely great at the coloring not as vibrant in the stock pics unless you use flash just a normal light grey

Neo Dali Extra Violet
looked grey again but more vibrant than the vibrant violet. so comfortable! wore them 16 hours at work (in and out of freezers and ovens) without any dryness at all

Neo Dali Extra Gray
same as violet type

Beaucon vibrant blue
Haven't worn to work but these are BLUE just like i was hoping. true to the stock picture

Super pinky red
not as big as I expected which is great. the color is great.

they were out of stock for the Beaucon natural blue and I chose shimmer grey instead.

pic related is
dali violet normal light
dali violet bright sunlight (im in the shade)
Dali grey in left eye and normal eye on right
super pinky violet

all of these were taken at ~9am
if you want a pic of what I didn't take a picture please tell me and I'll take a picture when my eyes aren't so tired.
Sorry for shit spelling I'm super tired.
>>
File: WP_20160716_07_38_40_Pro - Copy.png (132KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160716_07_38_40_Pro - Copy.png
132KB, 480x200px
>>9106245
I meant Super pinky Red
here are my eyse naturally by comparison.
(With flash)
>>
I need to order lenses for the first time for a con in September and I'm not sure where to look or what I'll need.

Who should I look to stateside to get them from? I also have a problem in that I only need one lens since the character has an eyepatch, and I need it to be opaque enough to show as yellow over a brown eye. Also, do I just provide the seller with my contact lens prescription size, or are they more one-size-fits-all?
>>
>>9108797
you need to go to an optician (glasses stores usually have one) and have your base curve measured, as well as be shown how you put them in. this usually comes with a charge. don't even think about ordering anything before that.
>>
>>9108806
I have an existing prescription for the eye I'm buying the contact for. Could I use that or is it a different measurement I need?
>>
>>9108862
a prescription and a base curve are two completely different things. prescription is in either dioptres (-0.25, -5, +2 etc) or visual acuity (your weird 20/20 stuff) and says how bad your vision is, base curve is literally the size of your eyeball. moreover you are NOT going to stick plastic in your eye unsupervised without having tried it out in front of a professional first
>>
>>9109440
Jesus Christ you sound like her mom. Don't you have better things to do? all you need is some instructions on how to put it in your eye and if it falls or gets a little dry or you can't put it in just put it in the case and try 15 minutes later.

>>9108797
all you need is your base curve.
Since you'll be wearing an eye patch on one eye I recommend getting a plano (0.00/no prescription) contact that way if you wear glasses or have regular contacts you can just take that one off or just put your glasses on.

If you can't make it to your doctors in a reasonable time them most people are a Base curve 8.6 so you can go for that but I really recommend it though since you wouldn't know if you have astigmatism. I'm not against if you don't go and get a contact that is unknown but you could really fuck up your eye and/or cause blindness or infections

for yellow I posted a few up the thread a bit: Princess Pinky Cloudy Yellow or just look at Pinkyparadise or honeycolor in the "yellow" sections
>>
>>9109440
>>9109532
I thought contact lens fittings included sizing, which I assume is the base curve? I do have slight astigmatism in the eye I need it for, so that's a factor as well. I did talk with a friend about this yesterday and was told that there's also colored contacts; would they fit or look different compared to circle lenses?
>>
>>9109812
if you received your axis number then yes that is your sizing.

if you look at this page:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/mi-sunflower-brown-toric-p/h1-mi-sunflower-brown-toric.htm

If you have any of those numbers then yes it will be fine.

Base curve (B.C) should indeed be on there as well.

however be warned there are hardly any contacts for astigmatism and most of them are brown I didn't see any yellow

All contacts fit the same there are no different between them except circle lens can have a higher diameter (how big the contact is between 14-15mm) but that doesn't really matter, it's more a preference
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.