[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SDCC '16 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

File: 1433981268548.jpg (305KB, 1534x525px) Image search: [Google]
1433981268548.jpg
305KB, 1534x525px
Gatherings by the stairs every night including preview night at 8pm!

Breaking my 16 year streak, I wasn't able to obtain an SDCC badge, so I won't be hosting any of the gatherings. Well, maybe one night we can try to figure out. I will come to San Diego and chill with gulls and live the con vicariously through you.

So what are your cosplay plans? Exclusives? Hopeful Panels? Schedule When? Etc...?
>>
>>9067178
Emmet reporting in, just got my pass today and looks snazzy as shit. No cosplays plans. Do my usual plan like ever year just get as many autographs as possible, go to whatever panels interest me, snap some photos here and there. Haven't looked at anything going on or around comic-con so my plans aren't concrete. Tho this will probably be my last year if I get accepted into military
>>
>>9067178
Looking through the schedule this weekend.

Was a shit year for tickets in my personal group (friends from college). I got T/F/Sun and that was VERY lucky. Lots that straight up didn't make it.
>>
>got 4 day
>still in the air if I want to go, or go part of it, because Kyary
>>
>>9068077
For our group the tickets were a breeze but the hotel sales were shit, my roomy got better choices but I only got a left over hotel in mission bay.
>>
>>9068061
Glad to see you're still around! Hoping I can see you on the day I come down to SD.
'
Everyone get their badges yet? I'm so jelly they mailed them this year.
>>
If I can go again...
>>
File: image.png (526KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
526KB, 500x378px
Would it be better to go Thursday or Sunday? My friend can get me a ticket but only for one of those days. Kinda bummed I can't get Friday/Saturday but I guess it's better than nothing.
>>
>>9073569
Thursday. If you get Sunday it's only to go to haggle for good deals on swag and pick off the remaining exclusives.
>>
>>9073569
Seconding thursday.

Sunday is hangover and bargain day. And they're not even that negotiable anymore, they KNOW a lot of people wait for sunday to try and score a discount.
>>
>>9073652
>>9073661
Thanks guys!
By any chance has anyone had experience with the priority registration? My friend gave me one of her codes to use but I've never done this so I'm kinda stressed, especially since it doesn't say what time it actually opens.
>>
>Animaniacs Live announced for SDCC
Someone please go for me
>>
>>9073705
You should be able to use a PRC at any time, if I recall correctly, since general sales are long over.
>>
>>9067178
Reusing my mote mainstream cosplays from Wondercon and AX, might make one new one after AX since I have all the materials already.

I'm staff so I'll be working most of the time, but also hoping to hit a few smaller panels. No big buying plans either, since I will just have been at AX (I don't expect to have much of a budget left after that haha).
>>
File: DSC01954.jpg (199KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01954.jpg
199KB, 1152x648px
>>9070537
this will be my 10th year but you'll see me if their isn't something interesting going on around meet up time. also got my badge not long ago, but from the sound of the pamphlet they sent with it. They're doing a punch in and punch out system almost like transit.
>>9073751
If there isn't any conflicting panel around the times i'd probably attend it.
>>
Are shopping services common for SDCC?

Fucking TruForce is releasing a Megaman X figure I want pretty bad.

Wish I caught when tickets went on sale now that I am actually in the area-ish. Oh well, perhaps next year.
>>
>>9075922
They have people who do it, hell I've done it, but at a profit because it's a total pain in the ass. Depending on the booth it involves camping overnight or hovering around the booth area til they reopen the line. Some booths are a lot easier than others.

Pay hundreds for a room, sleep outside anyway.
>>
>>9075950
Yikes! Yeah, I know this guy sold out really fast at NYCC, which makes me really sad. Which they stopped releasing these fuckers as SDCC/NYCC exclusives. Thanks for the insight anon!
>>
>>9075922
>>9075950
>>9076608
I was having breakfast last year on Saturday of the con and chatted up the guy next to me, who was an exclusives hound. He said he turned the trip into a vacation for his family and still comes out low-mid 4 figures in the black, but basically spends all weekend in lines.

I know nothing about merch, keep that in mind.
>>
>>9067178
I'm done with SDCC and honestly glad I am.
It's Hollywood Hype Con and wasn't even fun the last couple years.

Mid cons and more local ones are just more chill.
>>
>>9075922
I missed this post.

I middlemanned at SDCC for /toy/ for a few years. It really depends on what you're trying to get.
Hasbro and Mattel I wouldn't even bother.
You had to wait in line to get a pass to wait in line on a different day for a possibility to get something.
It was way easier to just find the scalpers on Sunday and talk them down or talk to the booth people I knew that would hook me up.

Companies like Bluefin and Tamashii Nations were fine, I think TruForce will be along those lines.
>>
This is my first time attending the con. I'm pretty new to cosplay so I wanted to do something easy. So far I have the 11th Doctor in mind but I also want to do something else for a different day. Any ideas for an easy and budget friendly cosplay? What are you anons planning on cosplaying as?
>>
I'm Excited for samurai jack autograph signing on Saturday.
>>
At this point I'm only going because I have been going forever. Selling my badge for $500 would probably be a smarter option, not to mention J-Pop Summit is the same weekend and I'd have more fun at. I am looking forward to Viz and their giant shikishi wall for their anniversary which is supposedly bigger than the AX one.

>>9076747
Yeah if all you do is line after line after line you can make bank. The more people you have in your group the more money you make because it's one per person. The only people I would middleman for free are friends and even then only if I feel like it.

>>9083388
I've overnighted for hasbro quite a bit. Kind of sick of it, honestly. You can hit a few places if you wait long enough - Hasbro, Bandai Namco (Power Rangers), autograph if you want, whatever else. Hasbro is usually same day unless you get a late in the day ticket and they run out of stuff for the day when you try to go.

Bluefin is annoying when you get shitty line controllers and they only let one or two people into the booth.
>>
>>9091709
Really? Shit must be getting really bad then. I was always able to do Bluefin within minutes.

But like I said, this cons not even worth going to for me anymore. Shit con is hype shit and I can see friends at literally ANY other con.
>>
>>9091718
Proxying Iron Man for a friend took at least a half hour just trying to get in the line because of shitty line control who let in two people at a time when there's two dozen trying to get it. Just let the line shrink by a lot, THEN let people in. Otherwise it's a massive logjam

Most of my friends don't go to SDCC so it's pretty shit for me. AX and Fanime I have tons of people to hang with but no one bothers with SDCC
>>
Another bump. What day should I go guys?
>>
10 days
>>
File: charlie-day-sewing.gif (466KB, 325x221px) Image search: [Google]
charlie-day-sewing.gif
466KB, 325x221px
Send help.
Too many costumes to finish.
>>
Finished most of my Seregios puppet, just need to airbrush it and do a few touchups. I'm torn between generally liking how he's looking and hating it. At least he's nearly complete?

>>9099555
Hang in there!
>>
My roommates just bailed on me and I'm stuck without a room, anyone have a room with crash space? I honestly wont be around the room much and won't take up too much space. I am a 25 year old male and willing to pay a full share of the room.
>>
Welp, tomorrow is preview night...

>>9103997
Good luck anon ;~;7
>>
>>9103997
Have you checked on cosplay.com anon?
>>
Alright, so it looks like I will be there on Saturday, see you gulls at 8pm then!
>>
>>9067178
Can you nerds please stop lining up for the Mr Robot store and blocking the door to my apartment? Seriously, we locals are busy!
>>
>>9109297
Will see you then Freeman!
>>
Anyone at the meetup?
>>
>>9110246
>implying cgl can afford sdcc
>>
>>9110291
Srsly I know barely a handful of people going. Most boring con of the ones I go because of that
>>
>>9110517
the hotels are poppin tho
>>
anyone else up in line yet?
>>
Badge system not as bad of a mess as I expected

Lines are ridiculous. Lines to get wristbands to be in other lines

Might be a gut call but feels like more cosplay than last few years, proportionally.
>>
>>9110744
I camped overnight
Feelsbadman
I'm not doing it again this year
>>
anyone else hype for the meetup tonight?
>>
Is this any good? I went to AX and it was decent I guess.
I'm a local without a ticket.
>>
>>9112151
I'm going to stop by and see what the gameplan is and go from there.

>>9112230
It's better if you have a ticket but most of the stuff around the convention center is free to nonbadge holders
>>
>>9112331
Any cool parties/meetups happening outside? Dickbutt/clover going?
>>
>>9112334
8pm meet up in the front of the stairs like always, all I know is Freeman is going and no other plans are made.
>>
>>9112334
db here, not makin it to SDCC at all
no room
no badge

kek you can always hit me up directly as well, it's not like I didn't pass out bizniz cards
>>
In the Marriott outside the Nintendo lounge just chilling.
>>
>>9112516
What are you wearing today? Which cosplay?
>>
>>9112516
Should we meet you there or the stairs?
>>
>>9112516
Will meet you at stairs
>>
I'm here, look for dude in beard and red shirt
>>
Where you at Freeman?
>>
>>9112700
Are you here too anon? No sign of MrFreeman yet and it's nearly a quarter past. Or was the meet for 9 PM?
>>
>>9112706
He usually waits, I'm probably going to head to nintendo room to find him
>>
>>9112707
K update the thread, I'll be at the stairs
>>
30 minutes and no meet, is this the end of /cgl/ at SDCC?
>>
>>9112709
I don't see him anywhere over here, I assume he has already taken the group out or its a bust. Until Freeman posts something it's all up in the air on what's going on.
>>
>>9112715
Red shirt anon here, thanks for checking. I'll move on then, Freeman if you can still meet up later let us know.
>>
Filthy nornie who wants to meet y'all, just got out of dinner with friends. Is this not happening?
>>
>>9112760
I'm quite sure it's not happening
>>
>>9112784
That's sad. This is my 7th sdcc roughly (not consecutive ) but I'd never put two and two together and thought to try and meet/talk with members of /cgl/ until this one.
>>
....did no one meet up at all tonight? I'm depressed now :(
>>
>>9112901
Red shirt anon here, I am down to stay up until 1:30 then turning in. LMK if you're down.
>>
The Day Freeman Trolled /CGL/ Too Hard.

Here's to everyone having a good time irregardless of Freeman and enjoying the rest of the conference.
>>
Did anyone see the pink shirt guy? saw him day 1 and made plans to meetup tomorrow but he has my keycard and I need it to check out of my hotel
>>
>>9112993
protip, most hotels dont care about getting all their keycards back, so don't worry
>>
>>9112995
just trying to avoid the 15 dollar fee
>>
>>9112985
>>9112901
So I'd like to apologize to everyone. I was at the con, but my mobile IP range was double permabanned so I couldn't post that I would be unable to make it to the meetup. I forgot how long it takes to try to get a dinner during con and it took over 2 hours between getting on the waitlist and actually getting my food.

So I'm sorry I didn't make it and didn't mean to troll anyone but I hope you gulls have had a great con experience.
>>
>>9113512
Emmet reporting in got 8 autographs so I'm pretty happy but felt it was a casual affair this year not much going on.
>>
>>9112995
My hotel actually asked you if you wanted a specific one to keep from the different designs
>>
File: 1426518575668.png (297KB, 468x383px) Image search: [Google]
1426518575668.png
297KB, 468x383px
Now that we've made it home, how was your con?

I had a great time, the last few years have been hit or miss but this was one of the better ones for me! I made a point to not wait in any lines that were over an hour (except for Steven Universe) and I got to do a lot.
>>
Best one i've had in the past few for me as well. Didn't buy as much stuff as usual but perfectly ok with it. Also turned down a lot of swag stuff that I would otherwise have thrown away.

I think I've finally gotten the hang of managing myself at SDCC. I think (despite going for years) I kept trying to go in and do too much between panels and activities, and this time I managed time and expectations quite well and had few letdowns.

It's a pity it feels like a damned science now, but you have as much fun as you make of it.
>>
>>9113512
Red shirt anon here, thanks for explaining Freeman. Considering the size and logistic issues with SDCC it's understandable. Going to any other cons between now and ALA or maybe coming up to Norcal?

I had a total blast this year, got to go to the majority of panels I scheduled myself for, got lots of great shiz in the exhibit hall (even snuck into preview night thanks to a friend, ask me how later), got to attend the Star Trek Beyond premiere and had the best post-con gathering I can recall.

>>9114885
I also got into the SU musical-panel! What did you think of it all? My friends were moved to tears and they weren't even fans, it was incredible
>>
>>9115193
I'm looking at AnimeCalifornia right now, because it's a local con that's somewhat around my birthday weekend. On too tight a budget to travel for the labor day weekend cons.

Pic is the double permaban, which I found to be outrageously funny
>>
Also I'd like to add that the walks outside were super boring without the Ubisoft obstacle course making noise this year... I wouldn't have minded South Park music from the photobooth area but there was nothing...
>>
>>9115442
Ah I'll be at SF Comic Con/Zine Fest that weekend so I'll see you for ALA 2017!

>>9115068

Which panels did you get into anon? I mostly stuck to smaller ones, only major one was Indigo Ballroom for Steven Universe. But the rest of the panels were very informative or entertaining so I was pleased with what I ended up with.

I'll post pics of all the goodies I got from the con, I think it's the most I've gotten in years.
>>
>>9115193
I found it kinda cringey, maybe I was with the wrong crowd (all dudes) but I was hyped that Estelle was there since Garnet's easily my favorite.

I stayed through Samurai Jack, and in my opinion that was the finest panel in that block. Genndy's presentation of the opening scene was honestly the best thing I never even knew I wanted to see, it gave me chills.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.