[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying j-fash in China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (394KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394KB, 1500x1000px
Hey guys! I'm going to be in Shanghai for work for the next months. Does anyone know of any local places where I can buy j-fash or anime goods other than Taobao?
>>
To Alice has quite a bunch of local stores all over China but I have no clue where you could find the adresses.
>>
>>9066374
Why would you buy stuff in Shanghai that isn't an essential? It's actual Chinese quality that'd never pass US inspections and customer service (return/refund/exchange) is nearly non-existent there.
Source: I am from Shanghai, got out of the country
>>
>>9066374
You should check out cuteshanghai on blogspot, she has a lot of posts about cute things to do there.

>>9066501
If you know how to shop, you can come out with a lot of great quality pieces for cheap. Where did you live in the city?
>>
>>9066381
I didn't know they had physical shops! I'll poke around the Internet and see if I can find any info. Thanks!

>>9066501
Echoing what >>9066789 said. Honestly, you can get crap clothes from any country. Lack of customer service isn't really a problem for me since I don't buy unless I'm like 500% sure that I want the item.

>>9066789
Ooh I completely forgot about her blog. Thanks for the tip, anon!
>>
I'm going to China soon too and I'd love to be able to continue my j-fash hobbies. Is it going to be possible?
>>
A lot of Japanese stores have a shop in Shanghai, and I believe they're even in the same mall.

A good way of finding these stores, is just to open a brand you like, and look at the directory on their website.
Or google "brand name + shanghai"
>>
I'm
>>9071401
I'll be living in middle sized (?) city, Tier-2? as someone has explained. Will I be able to upkeep my j-fashion interest? I kind of assume there won\t be any comms available to me. I'll be fine if I'll be able to visit at least few cons assuming I'll find con friends.
>>
>>9071727
what city?

>>9071480
I've tried that before but it seems like most Japanese brands have closed their stores in Shanghai. The only brand that I've been able to find that appears to still have open stores is Axes Femme.
Maybe I'm just awful at searching.
>>
>>9071480
>>9071910

I lived in Shanghai before, can confirm Axes Femme used to have 2 shops but they both closed in 2015. Shanghai has the biggest lolita comm in China and you'll definitely see some lolitas around the city. Some chinese lolita brands have also physical stores iirc
>>
Didn't Liz Lisa used to have a shanghai location? They run a tmall now, I have no idea if they still exist
>>
>>9071957
aww crap. i guess axes femme hasn't updated their store list since then.
desu i'm surprised because you'd think the noveau riche girls would purchase directly from brand stores where you don't have to guess the size/fit and color of the garment but i guess it's so much easier to shop online.

i did actually see a lolita at K11 while i was walking home from work. i complimented her coord (in chinese ofc) and she just stared at me like i'm from a different planet. i guess it's not customary to do that here.

>>9071978
the physical LL store closed in 2015 as well, i believe.
>>
>>9073776
I think she was just shocked a foreigner told her, especially if you're white. It is acceptable to compliment lolitas but you have to use Chinese lolita terminology or they assume you're a normie or a creeper.

For future reference:
装扮 zhuang ban (coord)
lo娘 lo pronounced 罗 luo (lolita)
挨批 ai pi (AP)
卑鄙 bei bi (Baby)

It's also ok to ask for their QQ or Weibo.

姑娘你的装扮好可爱! 我也是lo娘, 请问能要一下你的微薄吗?

Hey gurl ur coord is kawaii. I'm also a lolita, can I get your weibo?

>>9071727
You have a good chance if you speak Chinese, or else it may be difficult. Anywhere in China is good for j-fash hobbies since you have taobao. Cons are so-so for meeting people since Chinese people are shy. Try going to the baidu forums, getting a weibo, and finding some QQ groups in your area.
>>
>>9073795
I told her “我喜欢你的挨批裙子。上面的草莓好可爱!” Is that weird? I'm Chinese but Chinese is my second language, so I'm hoping I didn't come off to weird or creepy.
Thanks for the terminology guide! I actually had no idea what the words for coord and Baby were.
>>
>>9073811
That's pretty normal, but maybe she was just awkward. Chinese people talk a lot of shit online but few actually have the balls to act the same way in person. So many meet-ups are just playing on your phones and drinking tea, then going home and tagging all your selfies and group photos like you had a great time.
>>
What's the size for "one size fits all" in China? Seems like you're not allowed to try on items on sale, which sucks, but most items seem to have some give with single sizes.
>>
>>9073832
You say this like it's doesn't happen in western comms too.
>>
>>9075595
Where are you shopping where you can't try on items?
Also one size fits all is hit or miss. Try holding the garment in front of you for an approximate size. I think most garments are equivalent to a US xs or xxs.
>>
>>9076614
Really, xxs or xs? That's really small. Since when were Chinese people so tiny.
>>
>>9071910
>>>9071727
>what city?
I'm not sure, but it's nearby Beijing (2h by train).
I'd be horribly depressed if I had to give up hobbies for duration of my stay there.
>>
>>9077149
one size fits all is more like an American S, I think. at least I'm an American S and fit most one size fits all pieces save for a few that are too short on me.

>>9082132
If it's not a major city, I think you'll have a harder time finding pieces for jfash. Ofc you could just look for basics that you could work into a jfash coord e.g. accessories, socks, cardigans and bolers.
>>
>>9083034
sorry, i should clarify the second part of my post. you'll have a harder time finding jfash specific pieces, but basics should be easy to find.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.