[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Mid-Atlantic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: anime mid-atlantic.jpg (94KB, 697x960px) Image search: [Google]
anime mid-atlantic.jpg
94KB, 697x960px
Anyone on the board going to AMA? I've never been before but I'm going for that Saturday. Seems small-ish from what I can tell.
>>
I'm going. Seems like it'll be okay this year.
>>
Last I went was years ago, I was thinking of going with a friend this year and saw the $60 at-the-door price... anons, is it really worth it? Looking at the site, it doesn't seem much bigger, and it was the tiniest con I've been to.
>>
>>9037272
No. It's always dead and tiny every single year. I've been going since 2009 and it hasn't grown an inch. It's fun because I like seeing my friends and there are lots of young cosplayers there and it's nice to see little weeks just enjoying themselves. I end up by the hotel bar each year drinking with the parents. It's fun, but not with 60 dollars. I got my ticket through their Groupon deal for like 25 bucks.
>>
It IS a tiny convention (one host hotel and a convention center), but I manage to find something to do in the time allotted.

I just hope that I'm not the only JoJo going, or else I'm going to stick out badly as Gappy.
>>
>>9035896
It's small as shit, you have to walk outside to get from one half to the other, and its mostly teenagers. I live within driving distance so I go but I really dont think it'd be worth driving somewhere and getting a hotel room for.
>>
IMO, AMA is a fun/friendly con. It's nothing memorable or worth spending much money on, but people there are at least very friendly and welcoming. I only go because I love my friends and staff there is very nice...plus cheap.
>>
>>9041004
Cheap? Anon, Neko is cheaper and at least has a decent dealer's room and other stuff, I'd choose that way over spending $60 to hang in a hotel lobby and take some photos in a parking lot.
>>
>>9041527
I mean, I got my badge through their groupon deal. It was 35 dollars for a 3 day badge, plus the $10-off deal you get on your first groupon. So I get to hang in a hotel lobby and take some photos in a parking lot for significantly less, at least.

Plus I enjoy watching the cringe-fest that is their fashion show and masquerade each year. It's a surprisingly fun way to spend time.
>>
>>9042307
Okay, yeah, for that price I guess it's not as bad, at least if you don't have to drive far to it.
>>
Is this ghostable ala Katsucon? If it's not ghostable, are the reg lines usually short?

I'm an hour-and-a-half away and thinking about daytripping on Saturday.
>>
>>9043589
Eh? Kinda. The con takes place between two venues: a convention center and a hotel. You can chill in the hotel all day without a badge. There is a bar there so it's pretty chill. The convention center has two entrances with guards checking badges at both. So you can't really do much there. There will be lots of people chilling outside though, especially at night.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.