[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make myself a WWII outfit? I'm willing to pay up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

How do I make myself a WWII outfit? I'm willing to pay up to $120 (gun not included). Everything I find is either a general or an officer or just plain overalls. I'm not worried about all the accessories such as a knife, binoculars, water can, and such. Either a backpack or a couple of ammo belts is alright.

I live around Philadelphia if that's important.
>>
>>9028509
Go to your nearest surplus store. They usually have fake/old uniforms for sale.
>>
>>9028509
ebay has a huge amount of replica outfit sellers
>>
>>9028509
>what is the help thread
>>
>>9028509
>what is /k/
>>
>>9028509
I dont get it.
You obviously aren't interested in being authentic, so why not just buy a pair of brown kakhis and a matching button up shirt, then add the suspenders and a button up jacket.
It should cost you no more than $90 for all that.
If you want something cheaper but more accurate, sew your own uniform.
If you end up looking for actual replicas or vintage, you'll probably be looking for the M1941 type, as a heads up
>>
>>9028509
Do it right or don't do it at all. find a website devoted to re-enacting US Infantry (i'm assuming that's your preference). Historical accuracy is paramount.
>>
>>9028509
Research what the pieces of each part of the uniform are called, and then as >>9029579 said you're probably looking for M41 stuff. Also, it isn't going to be just a "WWII outfit" - there's different branches of the military and different classes, so when you try to search the internet you need to narrow it down and be specific. I tried searching "WWII united states army field uniform" and some stuff came up. Link related sort of looks like what you're looking for.

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusarmyfielduniforms.html

Personally, I don't have any specific experience buying repro or real vintage uniforms but I will say that honestly, $120 probably won't get you far depending on exactly what you're trying to find. Even if you're just going for used reproduction stuff, just based on a handful of eBay listings, $120 might get you the shirt, jacket, and pants, although you said you weren't worried about the accessories so maybe you'll be okay. If you're trying to find a backpack and ammo belts that's probably going to be like 20-30 more each depending on the listing/who you buy from.

If I were you I would try to at least get the correct shirt and jacket, pants you could probably make do on your own just buying some khaki's and roughing them up, belts and backpack aren't too hard to find (either real or reproduction). If you buy reproduction stuff on ebay I would just avoid the chinese replica sellers cause some of those look more costume-y and not as nice.
>>
>>>/k/ probably knows better than we do. See if they have some kind of help thread in the catalog?
>>
>>9028509
Go to /k/. If you suck enough dick, you can get it for free.

Source: I'm a /k/ommando
>>
>>9031495
Also, $120 probably won't get you much. You also need of decide if you're doing Marine Corps or Army. Then from there, you need to decide what specific MOS you're doing (rifleman, medic, tank driver, sniper, etc). Although since you don't care about accessories, I'm guessing you don't care about being realistic, so don't worry about mixing Marines and Army shit since they were pretty much the same back then. Or just go to fucking /k/ like you should've in the first place and check the milsurp/camo thread.
>>
>>9028509

Hey OP, you should actually ask on /k/, I shit you not you'll get further there. The first reason is because there is a HUGE market for replica WWII gear that caters specifically to everyone that does historical re-enacting. They make a ton of shit brand-new, in fact. I bet you cash money someone on /k/ knows plenty.

The second reason is because /cgl/ is mostly filled with bitchy cunts, which is why 90% of the threads on here are for Gothic lolita at the expense of actual cosplay. /k/ is full of stupid weebs and vatniks, to be sure, but at least someone there knows what the fuck they're talking about.

Flee this place, and never look back.
>>
>>9037078
>/cgl/ is mostly filled with bitchy cunts, which is why 90% of the threads on here are for Gothic lolita at the expense of actual cosplay

>as if this board isn't for both lolita and cosplay
>as if cosplayers aren't just as bitchy, cunty, or drama-filled
>as if more than half of lolitas aren't cosplayers themselves

no one's stopping people from making cosplay threads...it's your own problem for not contributing.
>>
File: keep scrolling.jpg (43KB, 400x838px) Image search: [Google]
keep scrolling.jpg
43KB, 400x838px
>>9037089

You can't deny that /cgl/ is predominantly female. A bitchy lolita cunt is a different kind of cancer than an autistic Narutard fanboy who wanks off over katanas, which is what we get on /k/. At least on /k/ he'll get some shitposts that are marginally truthful, as opposed to here, where it'll be pic related from most people.
>>
>>9037102
...as mentioned, no one's stopping you from making cosplay threads - it's literally your own fault for not contributing.
>>
>>9037106
>make thread
>dies because nobody replies

yep, totes my fault, thx
>>
>>9037114
try harder next time then, fag
>>
>>9037114
>acting like it's lolita's faults that people don't reply to your shitty threads
>>
File: implying quotes.png (178KB, 380x288px) Image search: [Google]
implying quotes.png
178KB, 380x288px
>>9037126
>it's lolita's fault for not replying to a thread that's not about lolita

... what? That's not what I implied at all. That's just the demographics of the board. You don't see more non-lolita threads because there's not as many non-lolita cosplayers around to reply to them. You really think there's a "silent majority" that never think to start threads on their own?
>>
>>9038254
actually it kind of is
>>
>>9038254
Maybe your thread's dead because all of Europe is waking up between now and 3 hours?
>>
>>9038334

It's... not even my thread!

>>9038317

... really? For real? That'd be... weird.
>>
>>9031495
Can /k/onfirm. /k/omrades love eating cum. I think i even have that cum brownies meetup thread someone posted... Ill look for it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.