[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Fan Fest NJ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (35KB, 460x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 460x230px
Anyone going to this? It's a NJ first year con, hoping to capitalize on the graveyard of AnimeNEXT.
>>
I just found out about this today. I'd feel pretty stupid not going considering it's like a 2 minute drive for me. None of the panels really interest me much, but the exhibitors and artist alley don't look terrible and it's not like I had anything better to do this weekend.
>>
I'm going to go. AnimeNext has gotten bad and the move has made it crazy expensive.
>>
Agreed I'm going since it's cheaper then AnimeNEXT
>>
Do you guys think it'll be easy to just ghost this?
>>
I'm going. I love the venue. And I'm gonna shoot all the cute cosplayers there.

Go me.
>>
>>8992091
>>8992344
>>8992348
>>8992509

Awesome! I'll see you all there! I'm so excited other people are going, kek. ;_;

>>8992398
I'm not sure, honestly. I've never been to ANext so idk if that was easily ghosted or not. I think AFF had a groupon code for cheap weekend passes, lol......
>>
Is anyone still looking for a room? I have a share with my girlfriend and I, Friday - Sunday.
>>
Found out about it tonight but I work the whole weekend. Definitely would have gone though, there's not that many cons here.
>>
Going here as my first con, what exactly should I be expecting?
>>
>>8992711

How much for the weekend?
>>
>>8994426
It's 35 on groupon, instead of paying 67
>>
>>8993903
Keep your expectations low it's a first-year con. I'm hoping it's not bad, and it ends up being a great side con
>>
I was going to go but with cap opening this weekend (i work at a theatre) and Sunday being mothers day there was no way I was getting off so I'm just gonna spy how people feel about it and check it out next year. Does anyone know where they are putting the AA? Are they copying ANext or are they putting it in the hotel like ANext did years ago?
>>
Anyone here its kinda slow
>>
>>8994910
I am, it's very boring lol
>>
>>8994925
It is. I'm in anime assembly line panel waiting for jeopardy. I feel if the con was a little bit bigger than it would be great
>>
>>8994946
Saturday will probably have more people.
>>
>>8994949
Yea hopefully it is
>>
Super slow being a vendor here.
>>
>>8995091
What's your spot on the chart
>>
Who is here right now? God damn it is empty.
>>
>>8995100
>>
>>8995126
The one selling the cups?
>>
File: WANWANISRECLINING.png (58KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
WANWANISRECLINING.png
58KB, 300x302px
D-does anyone want to go get food?
>>
>>8995206
Sorry brah, gonna get some Chinese and sulk in my hotel room about the shitty, boring day I had. Hopefully tomorrow is better.
>>
>>8995217
Fuck, I was only here from 6:30 but it was pretty boring even for just those two hours, can only imagine how much worse the whole day is.
Pls feel better m8tie.
>>
>>8994426
For the weekend in our room? 67. You interested?

The other bed is available, but honestly, I'm having fun busting my gfs ass in here with no witnesses. :)
>>
>>8995126
You said hi to me lol. I was thinking about getting one of the mugs
>>
File: 20160506_181743.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160506_181743.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
It has some pretty cool cosplay
>>
>>8995559
Come say hello again then. I'm the taller guy.
>>
>>8995942
After this panel sure
>>
I'm on quiz show panel lol
>>
Are there more people there today?
>>
>>8996032
Yes, but still shitty for vendors.
>>
Anyone at the Pokemon Game Show?...
>>
>>8992091
Same. It's mother's day weekend so I already made plans but damn, it's not like I have anything better to do. I honestly could just hop in my car and go. Wish I knew about this a few months ago. Guess I'll go next year.
>>
>>8996190
I was there. It was fun
>>
Who /here/?
>>
>>8996307
Left for the day be there tomorrow it was pretty fun today
>>
>>8996650
What panels?
I only went to that "How to talk to hot cosplayers" panel, was pretty funny hearing stories from cosplayers.
>>
>>8996758
The bootleg anime from South Korea
The Fullmetal Alchemist panel
Live action anime adaptations that are good. This con had some great panels but I feel like there could have been more. Some of the timing for the panels felt weird.
>>
>>8996039
Did you at least break even?
>>
>>8997355
Not that anon, but we got enough for the table and some extra.
>>
Was pretty good first year con hope it gets even better. Hope the venders had a good weekend
>>
>>8997576
Not a vendor but I had a good time. I won the game show mega mix. Today was a good day
>>
>>8997355
We just broke even for the booth/hotel. Extremely disappointed. We did about 1/3 of our projected sales.
>>
>>8998215
As some one who found out about this con two weeks ago, I feel that the Con attendee's you where going to get are people at the last minute. I feel they had a bad time advertising it. It was mother days weekend, it could have been better. Plus it's first year where people are still trying to go to anime next. If anime next fails this year in AC fanfest will start to become the new hot spot for anime con in NJ. Because for a first year the ticket was too expensive.
>>
File: MQ1A3048.jpg (283KB, 1484x1500px) Image search: [Google]
MQ1A3048.jpg
283KB, 1484x1500px
>>8998301
Yeah, it was what I would pay for Ota, fuck Katsu was cheaper (and I regret paying for a full weekend). If Anime Next crashes and burns they have a viable replacement now, and even if it doesn't, they are at least run by not idiots so they should be back.
>>
The costume contest winners were awesome
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.