[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this true, /cgl/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

is this true, /cgl/?
>>
Depends on the person, I guess. People in general don't like being treated like they're part of the scenery, but when you've put a lot of work into looking good for the day it's just sort of aggravating that someone would rather just snap a photo of you without asking instead of taking a split second to get your attention (and then get a pose and a smile for their picture)
>>
It's fucking rude and annoying when you're sitting or walking and someone pulls out their camera, points it right at you and snaps.
I could have posed. I would have composed myself, fixed any issues, been ready, and you chose to be a douchebag who ignored all my hard work of making my cosplay look good to get a shitty candid.
So yes, I hate it and I'm sure plenty of others do too.
>>
>>8908105
This. Unless I'm passed out or vomiting, I assure you that if you asked for my photo, I would look way better than in a candid
>>
>>8908079
It doesn't just apply to cosplay. If you take a picture of anyone in general without consent well you know it's gonna be...
Just ask before you snap OP, to be safe.
>>
It's true, but as for myself I just hate having my picture taken at all so if you ask i'm going to say no.
>>
I assume that people who do this just don't know any better. You don't ask Mickey or Goofy for a photo, so they don't think to ask us.
>>
>>8908079
Honesty, yeah
How hard is it to ask and be patience?
>>
>>8908105
Oh yeah definitely this. I also dislike the people who upon hearing approval for taking a pic snap a photo. People do it upon me fixing my wig and stuff, it's embarrassing to have such a derp photo, ya know
>>
>>8908105
>>8908079
I wouldn't mind at all. My cosplay is for myself and for show when it's at a con, so I'd be more disappointed if no one took photos of me (this doesn't happen anymore). I would also assume that the person is simply to shy to ask for photos or doesn't want to take that extra time, which I understand, since I'm always rushing to get somewhere at a con where my time is very limited.

That said, I've had people drop pencils and pretend to pick them up to get an upskirt photo before.
>>
File: shrugu.jpg (81KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
shrugu.jpg
81KB, 810x780px
I think It's weird, but it personally doesn't bother me. I've had normies take candids of me when I was making my way to a con in cosplay or out in jfashion and never give a fuck. I know it really rustles some people's jimmies though.
>>
>>8908079

I appreciate them asking, but I respect their right to record anything in the commons as according to federal law just as I expect them to respect my right to keep and bear arms.
>>
>>8908079
As a cosplayer: yes.
Just came home from con and at the con some photographer with fancy gear wanted a picture of my girlfriend and I.
This guy just pushes the people around him to position himself for a 'good' shot. If he asked we could've turned for him, but nohohoho.
We see his pathetic attempt and we turn away from him, if you want, you ask. We don't ask money, we gladly have our pictures taken. But if you are being rude, then no.

He panics, tries to reposition and nearly trips over his own feet.

Maybe I was rude too in this situation, but idgas.
>>
Depends, I don't mind if I'm walking around a city either on my own or with friends and someone takes a picture without permission, same with cons, it's better if they ask but I don't really care. But if we're sitting somewhere, or on public transport, or eating, it's just rude to not ask.
>>
File: 1435179276130.jpg (104KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435179276130.jpg
104KB, 720x720px
>>8908339
>That said, I've had people drop pencils and pretend to pick them up to get an upskirt photo before.
>>
>>8909222
submitted my post too early

People STILL do this? At this point, we have things such as cupcupgo, we don't need to do old school shit like that to get upskits.
>>
>>8909222
I learned to do that in middle school
>as an adult it is stupidly obvious
>any adult dropping an item nowadays, just have to look at their faces. 3 seconds will say whether it was an accident or to do something else.
>>
I find it irritating and strange
Like just ask for a pic instead of getting a picture of me from behind or something
>>
>London MCM
>hanging in the centre talking with people
>back against wall, head to the side
>feel another presence next to me but don't think anything of it since hall is jam packed
>person I'm talking to, confused, motions for me to look forward
>camera in face
>woah woah dude do you want a picture or someth-
>snap
>wtf how are these going to be any good!? I'm in the middle of-
>snap with flash
>he walks off
>some fucker out there has an extreme shiny ass close up of me mid-rage spitting feathers

Just fucking ask
>>
Ehhh sort of? Like if you ask me, I'm gonna make sure I pose and smile and look nice as opposed to if I don't know you are taking a photo. But if someone walking by sees me posing for someone and takes a picture themselves, that doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>8909228
Yes. Yes they do.

>>8909235
I generally will immediately crouch/bend/whatever to retrieve the item for them. If it was an accident, being nice hurts no one. If it was intentional, and they're a creep, they don't get their shot.
>>
I mean. I don't cosplay myself and never have but I wouldn't think of it as too big of a deal. Maybe it would be a LITTLE creepy.
>>
>>8908079
i don't really mind it, i mean it's their fault they're gonna get a shitty blurred photo when they could've just asked for us to pose or just wait a bit
("us" because i don't run around in cosplay or jfash alone usually)
>>
Doing this is really annoying. Especially while eating. If I'm holding a burrito, don't fucking take a picture. It's rude.
>>
I know this will go against /cgl/ policy for bitching as much as possible, but I gotta say, given the amount of socially awkward aspie congoing crowds, I'm generally really impressed by how polite most people are in asking for a picture beforehand and having basic manners. It's the rare few who take the mid-sandwich candid shot. And yeah, that shit is annoying.
>>
As a cosplayer and photographer I think the general rule is ask unless you're doing a crowd shot.
I really like taking candids and I tell this to whoever I'm hanging out with at the con and they're cool with it. If I want a candid of someone I don't know I still ask. "Sorry to bother but can I get a photo of the two of you while you're chatting?" It isn't difficult and I get more yeses than nos.
>>
I'm a photographer.

Why would you NOT ask before taking a picture?!

- Point-and-shoot pictures look shit in general

- Foremost, asking the model beforehand is just being nice. Rarely happens, but sometimes, people are really just not in the mood anymore of having a picture of them taken.

- You do see it if the person(s) on the photo AND the photographer had a good time or not. If you don't ask, I can assure you the model(s) won't have a good time.

- The model(s) can pose, you can interact, take pictures from different angles, different poses, etc. - I've rarely had people in front of the camera who didn't enjoy that kind of interaction. Almost none.

- Also, sometimes the person was looking for a chat anyway. It's fun talking to people, no shit sherlock. You sometimes learn something new, sometimes you can tell the person something new, or just have a good time with them.

Again, why on earth would you NOT ask?!
>>
>>8911107
Congoers are much more respectful than people on the street. I've done cosplay shoots around my city and people just whip out their cameras and take photos when we're walking down the street. It's obnoxious.

That having been said, there was a bunch of very bad behavior at NYCC, likely because there's a higher percentage of normies who attend.
>>
Meh,doesnt bother me.
I think its a little dumb not to just ask for a pic though, probably just due to the tons of introverted people who go to cons though.
>>
When you dress as an oddity people will give you attention, not always solicited.

How is this a new concept, this ducking hobby sometimes.
>>
>>8911239
This hobby is a total birch. Kek
>>
When I'm doing an event or if it's a crowd shot, then I don't mind when people don't ask for pictures. When the photag is looking for candids, I'm fine as long as they tell me afterwards and show me the pic. Otherwise, I find it rude. Even a nonverbal request is okay by my books, but just snapping and leaving annoys me.

The worst is probably when you tell them no, but they snap a pic anyway. I'm very open to pictures, but goddamn, would you let me fix this wardrobe malfunction or dry my tears first?
>>
every time I get angry at someone for snapping a photo without asking I immediately feel guilty when I remember what I used to do
>normie 13-year-old at a steampunk convention
>back when steampunk wasn't really a big thing, there happened to be a steam con in my city that my dad told me about because it looked like one of them japanese animays
>"ask for a photo" rule wasn't really a widely publicised thing to normies
>totally in love, snapping pictures all day of costumes
>from afar
>without asking
>ever
whenever I get mad now I remember how enamoured I used to be and remember that not everyone is exposed to the "cosplay is not consent always ask for a photo" thing. Back then they were just these magical ethereal beings who I just had to capture on my shitty point and shoot. Most people who take random photos are young or are just there because their 3-year-old likes spiderman

If it's a pro photog ofc that's a different story and ofc everyone SHOULD ask in theory, but there's no need to be a cock to some naive kid/mom/weeb who is probably just admiring your cosplay. Most people just don't know better.
>>
>>8911605
I'm never mean about it really. I just smile and say "Hey! If you ask me for a photo, I'd be happy to do a pose for you!" Which gives them the opportunity to understand how it would benefit them to ask.
>>
I hate it when people take a picture without asking. It's not hard and I guarantee you it'll look much better if you give me a chance to pose and smile for the camera. You're not trying to take a picture of Bigfoot, just ask and most people will say yes. If you're just taking a crowd shot it's whatever but I've had so many experiences with "hit and run" photos I can't stand it anymore.

>San Japan a few years ago
>Within 3 hours on the first day, have at least 5 drive-by pictures taken of me
>All with flash
>I'm not even cosplaying anything that great why does this keep happening
>Eventually get fed up with it
>Walking to parking garage to get something, normie walks past me, snaps a flash photo right in my face and runs off before I get a chance to say anything
>Mentally decide I'm gonna tell off the next person who does it
>Not even 5 minutes later
>Waiting for the light to change at a crosswalk to get back to the con center
>Some 40-something normie is standing on the other side of the light pole, also waiting
>Normie leans forward to see around the light pole, pushes his camera phone right in my face real slow-like
>Like I'm a wild animal and he thinks moving slower will make me not see him?
>I hold up my hand in front of his shitty camera phone before he takes the shot
>He opens his mouth to start complaining but oh no you're not getting off that easy
>Give him the full lecture
>"You shouldn't take pictures of people without asking, if you had asked nicely I would've let you take one, lots of people here are minors so you shouldn't be taking pics without asking anyway" etc etc
>Rant goes on for so long I miss my chance to cross the street
>I ask him if he'd be bothered if someone randomly started taking pictures of him on the street
>He said no
>TO THIS DAY I regret not whipping out my phone and turning the tables on him
>Storm off as soon as the light changes
>I'm salty for the rest of the con

TL;DR: Please ask before taking pictures. PLEASE.
>>
>>8911721
Yeah, that's definitely the way to handle it imo.
>>
Why is there even a debate about it? It's not hard to just ask for permission.

What I do: put on my best smile, say "Excuse me, I was wondering if I could take a picture of you?" *takes picture* "All right, great, thank you!" *walks off*

It ain't fuckin' hard.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.