[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hanadoki Con 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: HanadokiLogo.png (130KB, 1200x336px) Image search: [Google]
HanadokiLogo.png
130KB, 1200x336px
Its that time of the year again.

How may of you SoCal seagulls are going? Any out of staters? Anyone need any advice? Maybe a ride? First time goers?

Discuss San Diego premier anime and Japanese culture convention here, friends.
>>
>>8907735
one more week
still salty about sheena being the guest of honor
>>
Going, i've never been to it before but my friends have, hopefully it'll be decent. everyone post their cosplay lineups?

I dunno what days i'm doing what yet but it's likely going to be Warp (Kaiba), Aoba (DmmD) and Ringabel (Bravely Default) for me.
>>
>>8907735
If anyone is driving from LA to San Diego late late Friday or early morning Saturday to the con, I would really a[appreciate a ride. I could split the gas and snacks.
>>
trolley stop is Fashion Valley Transit Center. the mall has good cheap food court food if you're too cheap for hotel's food places. doesn't look like it's going to rain but bring an umbrella anyway and there's programming on the 17th that's badge-free so i'm going to go weeb out on st. patty's day
>>
>>8907735
San Diego here, is this con worth going to? Heard it's an even shittier Conji, if that exists..
>>
>>8909871
Not a single person I've asked about it has anything bad to say about it, so yeah, I'd say it's worth it. Last year was their first year and it was fun. Good, intimate vibe and a better use of the space Conji used to roam in.
>>
>>8909575
Fashion Valley Mall is a rich people mall. Eats won't be that cheap.
>>
>>8907735
I don't wanna go alone ;___;
>>
>>8910099
My friends are gonna be staffing so IMA be alone all weekend for the most part. Just go alone anon. Wont be that bad.
>>
>>8910099
You'll see and do everything in an hour.
>>
>>8910091
it's like pinkberry, Rubio's and CA pizza kitchen. Mall food. it's no UTC.
>>
I went last year, it's comparable to the first year of Anime California but less judgement from outsiders.

Has any one noticed the schedule, because the date is right but the events don't match up to the guests they're announced. At least for the first day.
>>
>>8910748
Nevermind. Just checked there website to see a whole bunch more guests I don't recall them ever announcing. But there like all local VA's and stuff so it's nothing too exciting
>>
Whats the hotel like. Im googling it it but theres not much to go on and are there any local vegetarian options ?
>>
There is a college student membership rate for 30 bucks. Do I need proof to purchase a membership at that rate ? Like at the con do I have to show my college ID or something?
>>
>>8908443
I smell drama. Deets please.
>>
>>8907735
>premier

You got jokes
>>
>>8911616
Check the farms for all the shit about sheena
>>
>>8911228
The hotel is a very weird venue. It takes up a TON of land and has a million things and dozens of buildings... But is very old and run down, the onsite food is very limited and pricey.

Fashion Valley Mall is next door and easily walkable, they have a food court and some restaurants.

Failing that, you may need to uber to get yourself some grub. I know offhand from having a vegetarian gf that Crazy Bowl Wraps and The Kebab Shop are nearby and good options.
>>
More local shit:

If anyone's looking for anything in particular, "_____ in Mission Valley" on gmaps will find stuff close.

Also for weeb stuff, Clairmont Mesa is ten minutes up the 163 and has all the Asian communities shoved into one area. Worth looking at:

Marukai, Tokyo Central & Mitsuwa markets
Tajima for cheap ramen, Yokohama yakkitori
Nolbu for getting too drunk too fast, Min Sok Chon for private room karaoke
>>
Not the same person as >>8908944 but is anyone going back to LA on Sunday night? It's nbd cause I can just take the train.but it'd be nice.
>>
>>8907735

I may swing by this year. It was chill last year for a first year con. Hotel is weird, and feels old. If you want food and drinks, drive out to Clairemont after con!
>>
>>8912620
Sounds like a nightmare desu

But ill check out those two spots while im there. Thanks!
>>
>Just bought a saturday pass

Its gonna be my first time but please tell me I didnt make a horrible mistake
>>
It'll be my first time attending! I'll be in the vendor/artist alley area shelling my wares.

I'm kind of wary because they don't even have their table/spot placements finalized yet and the con's in a few days.
>>
Isn't San Diego known for there beer?
>>
Gonna go with a friend to check it out both friday and sat, might buy a saturday pass.
>>
Reminder; Only 2 days left!
>>
>>8913240
You wouldn't happen to be selling any Osomatsu-san merch, would you? I'm looking to blow some money for stuff to put on a future matsu itabag
>>
>>8914950
Yeah, there's a whole microbrew culture here. I don't drink beer personally so I can't really recommend anything in particular, but there are a ton to choose from.
>>
>>8914950
there are two bevmos! in the area. u'll get lost in the beer aisles.
>>
Con's tomorrow
>>
Should I skip sunday and just traverse san diego by uber?

What are some must see San Diego attractions?
>>
>>8916684
balboa park is a nice area
>>
>>8916691
Looking it up and it looks gorgeous. Would it be worth it the shell out 50 dollars for the san diego zoo? or the Natural History museum?
>>
>>8916697
I love the museums down there- Museum of Man is my favorite, they're the ones with the best exhibits imo but all of them are pretty neat.

The zoo's cool as well- but just a heads up they've got a lot of nocturnal animals, so you might be seeing a bunch of sleeping stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>8915210
Definitely will have Osomatsu stuff! I'm sad because my Osomatsu dakis didn't arrive in time for this con but I'll have buttons and button bows!
>>
>>8916684
Old Town is worth walking around for a bit. It's mainly historical type stuff but they've got some of the best Mexican food. (The tortilla vendors are awesome.)
>>
File: 14582550071781853532977.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
14582550071781853532977.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Is there even badge pick up today? I came here right after I got out of work since my job is 7 minutes out and no one is here.
>>
>>8916840
There should be badge pick-up since vendors/artists can load in today and there is some programming in the evening. Maybe you're just too early?
>>
>>8916720
Definitely hitting you up then
>those totty buttons are adorable as fuck
>>
>>8916840
Any update on the badge pick up?
>>
File: thee sycotik.jpg (14KB, 245x363px) Image search: [Google]
thee sycotik.jpg
14KB, 245x363px
See you guys there. I want to get drunk with all of you, most likely going to be in this cosplay.
>>
>>8916908
Fucking black goku fucking people over saying that badge pick up starts Friday morning.
>>
>>8916846
FUCK YOU. GOT WORD THAT THERE IS NO BADGE PICK UP TONIGHT.
>>
>>8917023
Jeez anon, chill. Maybe you should have asked the con instead of relying on another anon's assumption.
>>
>>8916993
I don't believe you for a second. Stop trolling.
>>
Fuck. I shoulda saved my sick days for this instead of ALA. Looks like theres cooler shit to do around hanadoki then AlelA.
>>
>>8917055
Nope I was right there when reg staff told some mom and her kids that they were not set up and were just going to do it tomorrow morning. Staffer said that they were not really open even though it said on the site there was badge pick up. She was pissed as fuck as the kids had school and she had work.
>>
Heading to Hanadoki within a few hours
>>
we're ready to party
>>
>>8917483
Hanadoki con staff pls go, you have a con to run.
>>
Hows the con looking so far? big crowds? Ill be getting there later today.
>>
>>8918276
Yes
>>
File: grimchan3.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
grimchan3.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
im by the pool, anyone wanna photoshoot?
>>
>>8918336
Nah, I want a better photographer.
>>
>>8918276
It's bigger than I expected and there are more people here for a Friday than I thought there would be. I did Conji two years ago and it was so dead on Friday so I'm pleasantly surprised and hoping there are even more people tomorrow.
>>
>>8918336
Holy shit! My eyes they burn!!
>>
where da parties at
>>
Why is this con full of underage weebs!?!?!

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8919515
Maybe because they Like anime m?? Hello??
>>
>>8919515
Aren't all cons full of underage weebs?
>>
Any parties happening? Anyone have alcohol and want to chill by the pool and drink it. I can bring chips
>>
>Dat tall Utena cosplayer
HNNNNNGGGGGG
>>
>>8920208
just anime ones
>>
>>8920523
>Looking for ALA-like parties at this con

Wow its fucking nothing.
>>
>>8920523
The room party was pretty crazy.

>>8920731
She is a lesbian, so she might be your type.
>>
>>8920731
>>8920895
>Dat feel when I'm a dude

Nevermind
>>
Any word on doll delight?
>>
>>8921523
Less awful than last year, but still annoying with the film crew and entourage. I didn't go to the fashion show, but they were weirdly involved in the masquerade? Haven't heard of any other drama, I feel like they are largely ignored at this point.
>>
>>8921523
They filmed Audra walking through the vendor hall without asking any of the artists or vendors if they were okay with being on film. Later on, one of the higher staff members came around asking if anyone had a problem since they didn't even ask staff if it was okay.
>>
>>8922905
Not a lolita person but I sat at the back at the Masquerade and saw a bunch of lolitas with a film crew so I assume this was them. There light in back stood out in the dark while the show was going on. Why the fuck were they filming there in the first place?
>>
So how was the con?
>>
>>8923069
Was bored as fuck in a few hours. I'll wait until they move into the actual hotel convention center on the other side of the property.

>Next year will be held on Easter weekend
>Possibly on the same weekend as Wondercon

What is it with shitty San Diego anime cons being on the same weekend as Wondercon?
>>
>>8923360
Ugh really? If it's the same as Wondercon they're going to lose people, as basically anyone who can afford Wondercon will choose it over Hanadoki (though if it's still at LACC, maybe not...).
>>
>>8923372
>basically anyone who can afford Wondercon will choose it over Hanadoki

So all the poorfag local weebs?
>>
>>8923360
>Next year will be held on Easter weekend
>Possibly on the same weekend as Wondercon

Well shit. As a LA resident I am torn. This year was my first Hanadoki and I found it to be charming but Wondercon is great. UUGHH
>>
It'll be my first time, what should I expect?
>>
>>8925716
The best San Diego convention held at the town and country
>>
>>8925716
>It'll be my first time, what should I expect?

Uh con was a couple days ago buddy.
>>
>>8925716
you missed the con
>>
>>8925716
Fucking kek.
>>
Whens anime conji coming back?
>>
>>8926532
Next year, count on it.
>>
>>8926548
Doe that mean hanadoki will be kill?
>>
>>8926548
SPJA Staffer shill detected.
>>
>>8926587
Doubt it, they coexisted last year.
>>
>>8926532
It won't
>>
>>8927547
If they really do plan on moving HD to Easter weekend as well, they'll both be kill because everyone will be at WonderCon.
>>
>>8927666
Wondercon confirmed for not being on Easter weekend next year. All is fine now.
>>
>>8930545
Good, because Hanadoki is a fun little local thing for me, I like being able to do both and look forward to seeing Hanadoki grow.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.