[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 37

File: _20160215_183534.jpg (301KB, 1440x2018px) Image search: [Google]
_20160215_183534.jpg
301KB, 1440x2018px
Not posting links in OP edition, use the catalog. Old thread >>8882652
>>
So I really like the look of SDC and it's still in stock but I hate the carousel horses, I keep thinking about getting it but I like themes that are a bit more mature, like florals and architecture. I saw there was a sheer opal fabric jsk from baby that is similar but haven't seen it for sale in black, just pink. Hoping to see more of the interesting fabrics for sale
>>
>>8889301
Given how SDC is not selling out on AP's site, it's gonna go on sale / cheap second hand if a low price is something that will help you settle.
>>
Does anyone know an in store SS based in Osaka?

I sent an inquiry to Kairai (think a couple of other gulls have used them), but they're looking to charge 15,000 yen more than the price of the item. Has anyone else used them for a place other than Tokyo?
>>
A while ago there were some anons who advised to spray your clothes with vodka against scents. I just went to pick up some clothes to try it out when I noticed that all of my blouses smell clean but even the t-shirts and cutsews that come straight from the washing machine have an odor to them. Would anyone know why? Is it the material?
>>
File: 2016usagi.png (433KB, 738x441px) Image search: [Google]
2016usagi.png
433KB, 738x441px
For the anons who were interested in Meta's new Strawberry Garden print: https://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/reservation
>>
>>8889304
Hope so, but it might increase in value since nobody is buying it and it's interesting looking. For some reason things I like that I miss out on/ skip tend to end up super expensive secondhand. My dream dress finally showed up secondhand for 600k yen
>>
>>8889323
I hate this
>>
>>8889318
have the blouses been in the washmachine too recently? because if they aren't it might be your machine smelling
>>
>>8889347
Yes, they both came from the same laundry.
>>
>>8889323
Bless you, anon. My poor wallet...
>>
>>8889356
hm, I wouldn't know then unfortunately. maybe hang out the cutsews in front of the window or something to air out?
>>
>>8889660
You should post it on the coord help thread instead.
>>
>>8889672
Ah sorry! Didn't see that!
>>
>>8889318
I don't know, it might be your machine being weird. Or your detergent. What kind of scent is it?
If your blouses smell fine, it's probably not the same bacteria issue that was solved by alcohol, unfortunately.
>>
>>8889705
Dude. Not even their fault. There isn't even a coord help thread up. Shouldn't even matter whether they post here about that.
>>
>>8889705
chill the fuck out sis
>>
>>8889729
Not uncommon for people to ask for help on their coord in this thread. It is lolita GENERAL. No rules against asking for coord help.
>>
>>8889741
Stop shitposting, retard
>>8889735
I don't mind if they post here AFTER posting in the coord help thread. Usually not many people (if any) will give help when I post there. If there isn't one, they should make one first, though
>>
>>8889323
This seems really Innocent World-y. I like understated sweet that can be used for classic (or country, in this case). The bunnies are a cute addition.
>>
Does anyone know when Angelic Pretty stopped being called "Pretty"? I got an item today off of Y!J that has one of the rumored old "Pretty" tags and I'm pretty excited about it; wondering how old it is.
>>
>>8889805
iirc it was back in 2005 - 2006 -ish
>>
>>8889805
Post pics plz, this is the golden era of dresses. I never see them in good enough condition to buy
>>
>>8889819
>>8889805
It was way before that, probably 2000 and before. I have AP pieces from 2000 that have the Angelic Pretty tags, Pretty was their 90's name, but I'm not sure when they started changing their tags.
>>
>>8889323

I'd like it a bit more without the bunnies, but it's very cute, I love subtle strawberry prints like this. If I find it around when I'm in Japan late March-April I might go for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1534x2798px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1534x2798px
>>8889847
It's actually only the headbow that has the Pretty tag. The jsk I couldn't find any info on, but is really similar to a lot of 2002 releases, but the tag isn't the 2002 tag, it's more likely 2003-2004. Sorry if that photo comes out huge. I'm really happy about finally finding one of those Pretty tags, though! I had heard about them but never saw one.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8889905
Here is the tag in question.
>>
>>8889913
Damn this makes me wish there was a tag index. I love seeing old brand tags.
>>
>>8889918
The commenter in this post has some good info on the subject, but same here. I love seeing old items and weird things about them, and with the changing tags they can be much easier to date.

http://egl.livejournal.com/15951392.html

I really want to find out when Meta did their tag changes, because I have a couple things that just say Manifestange and I'm stumped about them.
>>
>>8889323
pretty cute. makes me think of older meta prints
>>
>>8889913
this looks authentic, i have a pretty dress from way back when with the same tag. nice get op!
>>
File: tumblr_nz7liuVgAX1sd87t7o1_500.jpg (94KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz7liuVgAX1sd87t7o1_500.jpg
94KB, 500x667px
>>8888703
I'm thinking of wearing it with a high-necked blouse and a haori, like pictured. I can't wait for my dress. It's definitely outside the theme of my wardrobe (sweet/classic), but it was too gorgeous to ignore. I really wish someone had a huge wardrobe of Meta's kimono pieces/wa lolita.
>>
>>8889983
Thank you! Do you have any idea how old your dress is? (would love to see it as well)
>>
How do you deal with rewearing coords with different dresses?
I'm happy that my wardrobe is so cohesive, but it's a little too cohesive maybe. I have a a few blouse+shoe+sock combos that I could wear with half the dresses in my wardrobe. I would try to switch it up with different shoes or something, but it looks better in the original "combo". Example: white AP blouse, white tights, pink tea parties.
I'm planning an outfit for a meet, but I've posted an almost identical outfit on CoF before, with a different but similar dress. What do? Switch it up or just go for it? I tend to wear simpler coords so there's not a lot of jewelry or accessories to switch up.
>>
>>8890008
Maybe try doing your hair or makeup a little differently, add clips to your shoes, wear a wig, get some new earrings...
I don't think it's a big deal if you keep it similar to previous coords thoguh.maybe don't post it on CoF if you're really feeling weird but the point of the fashion isnt to make a ground breaking outfit each time. So unless that your own personal goal,don't worry about it.
>>
>>8890012
I'll keep that in mind! I'll probably just flatiron my hair instead or curling it.
Should have mentioned that I do wear similar stuff on a more casual/daily basis, I just don't take pictures of it or post online. I'm mostly worried about online appearances, which I'm guess is pretty dumb.
>>
>>8890033
Please post this to CoF even if the coord isn't much different, I love seeing different hairstyles besides the thousands of huge curly wigs
>>
File: novala takemoto emily response.png (10KB, 484x233px) Image search: [Google]
novala takemoto emily response.png
10KB, 484x233px
Long after I had given up hope for a response, lo and behold! Emily by Novala Takemoto (same person who wrote Kamikaze Girls) should be available again soon! It's supposed to be about a lolita who meets another lonely person, who wears another brand's clothing.

More info here: http://emily-novala.com/
>>
Conscious Karami JSK anon here. I got it and holy shit you guys were right it's really nice. All my friends told me it looked beautiful on me even my mother who dislikes lolita!! and i feel so pretty.
>>
>>8890434
Oh boy i need it
>>
>>8889984
I really don't like those robe things, I think lolita silhouette is emphasized by wearing tops under the jsk. Wearing anything over it just hides the look and makes it seem normie
>>
>>8890452
Yaaay! So glad you're happy with your dress!
>>
>>8890452
That's wonderful, anon! I hope you feel more confident about lolita now. Remember that it's okay to be a bit insecure at first, just don't let your fears hold you back from doing what you love.
>>
>>8889323
I like it, but somehow, I think the scale of the print is too small. Especially on the cut on the left, it just looks to close to the hem. Wish it was a little larger.
>>
>>8890452
Can we please see? am curious about how it looks like in the end
>>
>>8889714
The detergent is just a plain flowery scent. And that's a shame to hear.
>>8889365
I'll try that once it stops raining, thanks anon!
>>
Did anybody meet Akira at Shop in Wonderland in Houston yesterday? How was it? And I'm curious to see what prints they had jn the shop.
>>
Has someone already gotten the Gothic Lolita Bible 59? I want to know which patterns are coming...
>>
>>8890870
手作り企画「迷宮の中のプリンセス」
>>
>>8890878
Well, thank you. I tried googleing it, but no results for now. Guess I'll have to wait.
>>
>>8889984
this is terrible
>>
What do you guys think about traces of prints like >>8890952? Do you count is as a replica or just art theft?
>>
>>8890991
It might be considered different enough to not be infringement since they totally changed the parts in the star but it irks the fuck out of me and I would never buy from anyone who does that.

Also replicas are art theft unless they're just design replicas.
>>
>>8890434
SCREAMS INTO THE VOID

Thank you based anon, I've been wanting this book forever! It was pretty stupid how it's release was handled. Like if you're gonna make it online only put it on Amazon or something
>I stg when it comes out I'm printing every page.
>>
>>8890991
replicas are technically art theft and that right there is straight-up art theft

honestly, I personally might consider this particular example you linked in your post to be even worse...at least with people like oo jia they are straight up about the fact that yeah, they're producing brand replicas. this person took the design, changed it, and is trying to pass it off as their own. that makes me madder than seeing a regular old replica.
>>
>>8890991
definitely art theft, this is shameful and disgusting.

as a huge fan of the original design, i'm extra bitter about this trace. i almost want to go to fanime and confront them while wearing the original, i live close enough. is that going too far though? how else can we report them?
>>
>>8891077
I don't think you can report art theft unless BABY steps in and is like "hey stop producing those". I'm not sure if the Fanime AA heads would give a shit about it since it's not like BABY is going to sue anyone.
>>
>>8890454
>>8891037
I know, right? I looked all over hoping to find it somewhere, but no one ever uploaded it anywhere that I can see. I'm perfectly willing to spend money, just let me buy it, damn it! Hopefully everything goes well, and it's available in a few months. I need more fiction about lolitas in my life.
>>
>>8890857
>Akira
>in Shop in Wonderland
even more respect lost
>>
>>8891077
>fanime
report to the con heads for art theft so they can be kicked out?
>>
Is there some way to make an account on Mercari? I've managed to make one on Fril but Mercari requires you give them a code that has to be sent to you via text, I don't imagine there's some way to get around that? It's more irritating than anything when it's constantly nagging you to login and it'd be nice to be able to favorite things.
>>
>>8890991
What is the name of that baby print?
>>
>>8891430
Twinkle Constellation and the Stars of Confeito
>>
>>8889323
It looks like early AP prints and I love that
>>
>>8889905
Can I just say that I love this coord
>>
>>8891255
Sammmeee!

Did you know that Mihara Mitsukazu put out a new work recently
>>
Why does AP hold its value secondhand better than Baby? I don't like most AP prints anyway, so I'm not bothered by it, but it's just surprising. Baby is good quality, the only AP dress I've gotten was pretty meh. I guess I should shell out and buy AP new, then resell it like everyone else, but I just haven't really been crazy about anything they've put out since like 09 lol
>>
>>8891648
>baby is good quality
The fuck? They cut corners - particularly with unlined bodices and exposed shirring in dresses when the standard in lolita is a full lining. It's particularly annoying on dresses that you want to wear a dark blouse with but can't because then the facing shows and looks weird. AP isn't crash hot either, but I wouldn't say Baby was the better quality brand.
>>
>>8891655
Sure baby isn't fully lined, but the craftsmanship is much better than the AP stuff I have. The ribbons and lace are just so much higher quality. Plus I keep seeing how people look in the new AP prints and they just look so thin (puckering, lumpy), and not in a good way.
>>
>>8891518
I actually did not know about her at all! I've seen some of her illustrations but did not know she did manga. I'll check her work out. Do you have any recommendations?

My knowledge of lolita fiction is mostly Takemoto and Sisters of Musashino Line. Also Deka Wanko, but I couldn't get through much of that...
>>
>>8891659
>>8891648

This debate again.

With regards to quality, it seems to all boil down to personal preferences. One time I saw someone completely diss the crepe fabric that Baby/AatP likes to use, because they thought it felt cheap (it actually isn't, a visit to a fabric store will tell you that). Another time someone said that Baby likes to use ribbons that are somehow clashing with their own print, in which case I must say I've gotten lucky because none of mine clashes. The trim on Baby dresses are indeed high quality, but the lace on AP dresses are always exclusive to their specific print, both brands always use interesting buttons and findings. Baby skirts are often narrower than AP's, but I think that helps the dress keep a low-key, demure shape (while AP has a rep for poofmonsters).

Whenever girls argue about btssb vs ap quality, it invariably boils down to arguing their personal preferences, such as trading off lined bodices and pockets in return for the type of ribbons and lace that you prefer.

Regarding "value", though. It's pretty much about hype and supply, not quality. Baby likes to fill as many orders as they can, when preorders sell out, sometimes they will announce a second round, and sometimes they'll even announce a restock. So if a dress was popular at release there tends to be more of it in circulation, making it easier to obtain. The ones that are expensive secondhand were the dresses that were quiet at release and then the popularity shot up later on (eg- Gloria or Elizabeth).

AP, on the other hand, are complete arseholes who don't know what they're doing. So while Shadow Dream Carnival is going to take a dive in secondhand value because they've oversupplied it, Chocolate Rosette is going to keep climbing in value because AP refuses to do an MTO or re-release it again even though there is demand for it. It doesn't really have anything to do with the quality (except that the quality is good enough for girls to not dislike the dress).
>>
So lolita's question for ya'll.

I'm an ESL teacher, done it before, loved it. Recently secured a position in Japan (I'm leaving in august)

I've always really loved lolita and wanted to get into it. Part of me thinks this is the perfect chance, but some one told me that the AP and BTSSB shops in Japan only carry super tiny sizes (like small and extra small only vs the range you can get online) is this true at all? If so I'll be super disappointed since I'd love to not hassle with shipping.
>>
>>8891742
I'm pretty sure they usually only sell one size for each particular cut of a dress. If you're within the online listed measurements for something, you should be able to fit. Check out their online shop, and take a look at the measurements for some of their clothing. Remember that shirring is your friend, and JSKs are usually more forgiving than OPs. Good luck!
>>
>>8890991
Not a replica since it's not a reproduction of the original.
But there's definitely some tracing going on in parts, so it's still art theft. Shit makes me rage.
>>
>>8891742
If you look around, most girls who wear lolita are not super tiny, in fact there's quite a few chubbies and even straight-up plus size girls who fit into brand.

Go to lolibrary and look at measurements, that should give you an idea of whether you can fit the brand. If you're fatter there's always Meta, their size range is very forgiving.
>>
>>8891742

>Starting in August

I also just got a job offer for an esl job in Japan that starts in August, funny coincidence.

To stay on track with that note, how does one go about starting a shopping service? Organizing a website, doing taxes for your business, etc.
>>
>>8891716
Thank you. I didn't realize that, everything I've wanted directly from both brands sold out before I could buy it in my preferred cuts and colorways (and haven't showed up secondhand besides at 2-3x retail) and so I didn't realize there was much of a supply difference
>>
>>8891742
AP is generally all one size. If you're a tall, chubby or a busty girl just try and avoid empire or other high-waisted cuts. They rarely look flattering or won't fit you comfortably. Victoria Maiden & Mary Magdalene are known for running small, so it would be a good idea to run below the max listed measurement. Juliette et Justine does come in varying sizes, though.

Always check Lolibrary for measurements. If your waist measurement is 28 inches or under you should be fine with most brand.
>>
>>8891788
Not crown label, though. I fit into unshirred baby but the night carnival OP i got is so tight even with shirring that I'm thinking about selling it, despite it being a piece I really love. Another meta jsk I got was shirred but just looked horribly stretched on me and I'm only an 88 cm bust
>>
>>8891806
Congrats yo! And not to big a coincidence. Major hiring times are in fall with a leave in spring, and hiring in spring with a leave in august or september. Seems pretty universal, it was that way with my last job too and every company I looked at.

>>8891788
>>8891757
>>8891821

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll take a look at the online help and see how easily I'll fit into them. I generally wear an american medium so I'm hoping. I'll also find out when I get there and go shopping.
>>
>>8891472
Thank you! I'm more of an AP person and only have one Baby dress, but that print is precious!
>>
>>8889852
>>8889805
They changed circa 2001 iirc, since it was just before Maki & Asuka hoped in and they were hired in 2003 and 2004 I think.
>>
>>8891716
On this debate, I think with AP a lot of their more recent re-releases and MTOs are of a lesser quality than the old ones. I compared the new and old Chocolate Rosette, the new one uses a much thinner fabric. There was also another dress, I don't remember which one but my friend said that comparing the MTO and older release the MTO had much less fabric so it couldn't accomodate as much poof.

I'm not so sure about their normal releases but I think with this sort of stuff sometimes AP might be rushing to fulfil orders and the quality won't be as good.
>>
>>8891742
Actually a lot of clothing store in Japan carry only one size fit all type of clothing, or max three sizes, especially if they're aiming for a young audience. You just have to try things and get used to brand sizing.
Good luck with arriving in august, I hope you like to feel like a steamed dumpling.
>>
>>8891896
Thats good to know! Sounds like it will be a lot of trial and errors.

My last job was in Thaialnd during high peak heats. I can handle heat. Going to be a big shift from the pacific north west though that time of year.
>>
>>8891903
>ESL teacher
>being this bad at English
>>
Did anyone happen to screencap the complaints on Lockshop's February 13th Facebook post? Multiple people reporting about items not received (including someone getting the runaround since October) and they were just deleted this morning, presumably the people were banned like they were last time.
>>
>>8891716
Just trying to pitch in, but I honestly think AatP's Maleficent dress is one of the worst quality brand pieces I've ever owned. No lining in either the bodice or the skirt, odd frills, the shirring wouldn't stretch at all... It's just weird and I don't understand. But maybe that's just because it was a Disney collab, I don't know.

In general I find AatP stuff worse quality than Baby's, which is strange since you'd think everything would be made to the same standard...
>>
>>8892289
I don't but I'm just saying if any of you guys in here are people waiting for refunds or for wigs to be shipped, fuck it, just file for a chargeback or refund through your card company/bank or paypal
>>
>>8892383
what's to be confused about? 88cm isn't so big
>>
>>8892401
it's probably ever so thin and pretty housewife chan trying to launch into her fatty western piggu gaijin craziness, just ignore
>>
>>8892314
desu I'm not enthused by aatp's quality at all...I bought guilty meltin sweets and while it was secondhand, it was first owner. one of the buttons that was just for show was hanging by a thread, and the fabric is so thin. the lining is kind of shit too. it's a really cool dress with a nice design but the quality was kinda meh to me.

I will say though that for the dress you're talking about, in general I've heard the brand disney collabs are shit quality - I've seen similar complaints about the AP/disney collabs.
>>
>>8892415
*shamu
>>
>>8892383
>>8892405
Not that anon, but I'm a 32DDD, so my bust is bigger than that. You don't have to be fat to be over 88cm... Though I'll agree it's not really small, it's not *that* huge.
>>
>>8892429
I mean, technically... I wouldn't call someone with a small waist and big boobs fat, though.
>>
>>8892314
I agree, the prints are awesome but the fabric is cheaper and there are fewer details like ribbons. I'm still a huge fan of modern Baby though
>>
>>8892379
Oh for sure! Don't trust Lockshop at all if you have problems.
>>
>>8892445
>trying this hard to validate yourself to literal shitposting

Sad girl
>>
>>8892417
I own that dress as well and while I didn't think the fabric was thin and the liner was normal lining fabric, I had to take it to a tailor and get the stitching at the top of the shirring panel retacked down because the buttons on the straps pulled it up.
>>
What are some good names for a Lolita biker gang?
>>
>>8892676
The Angelic Pretties.
>>
>>8892676
>teddy motors
>frilly fiends
>metamorphose temps de wheels
>baby the stars ride bright
>brandidos
>kamikaze frills
>the iron petticoats
I can do this all day ahahahaha
>>
>>8892676
Ruffle Ryders
>>
>>8892718
those are all pretty shit anon
>>
>>8891890

They aren't a small indie brand sewing dresses by hand though. If the fabric itself is thinner then it's certainly a conscious choice made by AP. Which isn't a particularly good sign.
>>
>>8892739
Teddy Motors is gold, don't lie anon.
>>
>>8892417
Anon you replied to here, I've also had issues with buttons. I had to reattach one of the buttons on the Galactic Journey to the Stars ouji salopette because it was hanging by a thread and it was meant to be a functional button.

It's a shame because I really like a lot of their prints, including Melty Sweets Town, but the quality is just not worth it to me anymore.
>>
>>8892789
I bought a blouse from the BTSSB store in SF and took it home only to see that one of the waist tie buttons was extremely loose (like hanging from a thread) and that the fabric was torn next to the button from the waist tie from being used. Nbd since I was planning on wearing it under JSKs only but I was pretty mad that the shop girl didn't even let me know about the damage.
>>
>>8892799
that specific case sounds like the blouse was damaged by a patron- the shop girls might not have known. you should email them and let them know, they're normally very good about that stuff.

fyi the reason so many of these buttons come loose easily is also due to the way they're sewn/loosely knotted, so the wrong application of tension loosens it. i have no idea why they do it this way, but a lot of brand buttons tend to come loose for the same reason.
>>
>>8892789
yeah, i mean pretty much all the buttons on the jsk needed to be re-sewn, but like I said it was secondhand - the functional buttons I gave a pass on because the original owner could've tugged at them too much, but both the functional and non-functional buttons had issues for me. not a hard problem to fix but I question the original quality if one of the non-functional buttons was hanging by a thread.

is there a difference in quality between their prints vs their non-prints? because I also bought another aatp jsk, leclair chiffon, and...I dunno, it seemed pretty nice from what I remember. It was just a bit too small so I sold it and never wore it, but the quality just seemed nicer between these two particular jsk's.
>>
>>8892718
I love you.
>>
File: 120520030019-resale.png (395KB, 501x584px) Image search: [Google]
120520030019-resale.png
395KB, 501x584px
>>8889984
I absolutely love this! I wish I was getting the new Meta dress so I could do something like this.
>>
>>8892872
This reminds me of those greasy guys in high school who watched bleach, were obsessed with smash tournaments, ate with chopsticks in the cafeteria, and always had pocky. Weeb is too kind a word.

I love meta but hate this print
>>
>>8892872
Man, some of Meta's works are meh on me, but I really like their wa stuff.
>>
Sorry for the dumb question, but the Yahoo Japan Auction guides I've looked at don't seem to address this.
If I bid 2,000 yen on an item that is currently at 1,000 yen and has a bid increment of 100 yen, assuming no one else places a bid, will I end up paying 2,000 yen or 1,100 yen?
>>
>>8892917
2,000 yen
>>
I know a few gulls wanted to nab the pink luminous special set--looks like AP has restocked
>>
>>8892917
Are there other bids?

If the starting price is 1000 yen, zero bids, it'll go in as 1000 yen unless someone else bids. If there's another bid already, it goes up to 1100 yen. If other people bid, it'll automatically continue to bump your bid up to the 2000 point, unless they bid higher.
>>
>>8892917
if 1000y is the opening bid, then you would pay 1000
if someone's already bid 1000 and you put in a max bid of 2000 but no one else bids after you. it would be 1100

>>8892920
you're an idiot
>>
>>8892920
>>8892926
>>8892927
Alright, here's hoping no one else bids then. Thanks a lot anons!
>>
>>8892877
>>8892900
now, I know obviously that cgl isn't a monolith and neither are all lolitas, but I find it funny seeing these posts because I remember the first time it came out last year it was a goddamn bloodbath. The japanese lolitas like it a lot, at least.
>>
>>8892942
The other prints in this cut are just so much prettier. Does anyone have the dozing cat hakama here/ know if it's shiny like that? This (DG rerelease) fabric just looks so cheap in some of the stock photos
>>
I'm craving some drama, does anyone have a link to that shopping service drama where some chick wore another girl's dress and didn't bother washing it before sending it off?
>>
>>8892942
I thought black was the least popular though? White was the crazy popular one, then navy, then black.
>>
>>8892948
shiny? there's a sheen, but I don't think it's "shiny". I have DC and the print fabric seems more like a cotton, while the colored fabric is more like a polyester crepe fabric with a slight sheen to it, but it doesn't look cheap or anything. I can take pics in natural sunlight tomorrow if you're interested.

>>8893059
the anons seemed to be speaking about the print in general.
>>
File: SAM_0427.jpg (765KB, 1843x1382px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0427.jpg
765KB, 1843x1382px
For the anon who asked in the previous thread: it is indeed navy and it matches perfectly!
(It's also way more transparent than I expected, but I like it even more now)
>>
>>8892426
>>8892437
>95cm bust
>65cm waist

These fuckers are never going away. Rip dreams of ever wearing ETC.
>>
>>8893067
Yes please!! I love seeing different fabrics, especially if I'm going to shell out a lot for them secondhand (assuming they come up eventually)
>>
>>8893084
Yep. I have an 87 cm bust and get boobloaf in ETC. I just wear it casually and normies still think it's cute, they don't know how things are supposed to fit lol
>>
best place to purchase a petticoat?
>>
>>8891255
Same. It's been so long since I've seen original lolita comics and stories. I can't really count the GLB since they're not in English anymore and I can't read in Japanese. As silly as it sounds, I almost want to write a fan fiction following Kamikaze Girls - something involving Momoko meeting another lolita, but like in Emily, she'd wear a different style.
>>
>>8892720
I like this, but I'm pretty sure it's spelled

>riders
>>
>>8892676
kamikaze girls, duh
>>
>>8893158
haven't read it, but Ashwood is an urban fantasy with a lolita protag
>>
>>8893435
link related: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27257518-ashwood
>>
Is there a way to report salesposts in Lolita Sales Worldwide? Getting really sick of those ugly ass mini top hats.
>>
>>8892948
I've seen both, Dozing Cat and Daydreaming Goldfish are made of different materials. Dozing Cat is more cotton/matte and Daydreaming Goldfish is made of a silky, smoother material.
>>
>>8893466
here's an example anon
>>
File: 51I57bl-BUL.jpg (33KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
51I57bl-BUL.jpg
33KB, 500x321px
>>8892718
Ok ok Teddy Motors is pretty good.. but listen
>moi même moteur
>>
>>8893566
That's weird, I don't get that option at all when I try that.
>>
>>8892739
>implying they aren't supposed to be dumb and corny
>>
>>8893131
Can someone answer me now that the shitposter is gone
>>
>>8893626
MLT. Next!
>>
>>8893131
>>8893626
>>8893628
Other anon, is candy violet/malco modes still a good option?
>>
>>8893633
Malco modes are highly rated but they look so thin, I don't see how you could wear them with anything but that very narrow A-line that IW used to make a lot
>>
I'd like some advice. I have this one bonnet, and it's kind of on the smaller end of bonnets. I like how it looks except I feel like it ends up looking awkward whenever I try to coord it; it looks too small for what it is. Kind of like it wants to be OTT but it's too quiet? Anyway, I really want to wear it with a veil underneath (in the back) to add some volume but I don't know if it will just look totally wrong? I personally like the way it looks, but I just don't want to get laughed at if it's actually really stupid. Advice? Ideas?

Also, this is all for gothic by the way, so everything is black.
>>
>>8893633
Speaking of petticoats, can anyone recommend a good souce for longer petticoats? I have a few dresses (such as IW's Romilda jsk, and a few longer Boz dresses), but cannot find a suitable a-line petticoat. The big criteria is that cannot be made from tulle - I need either organza or chiffon. Free of lace trims is also preferred. I've heard that the quality of Classic Puppets has really gone downhill in the last couple of years, so I'm wary of commissioning one from them. Plus the first time I ordered one about five years ago, I ened up waiting over three months (and that was going throug Clobba).
>>
>>8893747
A veil underneath would look off. One or the other, sorry.
>>
>>8893770
>going through Clobba
That was your problem anon. Clobba takes decades to get anything done.
Try asking MeLikesTea if she's willing to do a custom petti for you.
>>
>>8893779
No, Clobba is actually good at getting CP pettis. It's just that CP is super slooooooow.
>>
>>8893779
Thanks, much appreciated.
>>
>>8893779
>>8893823

Oh, I've just remembered that she's based in Brazil. Main issue with that is postage costs to Europe being relatively high compared to the cost of the petti.
>>
>>8893826
Another issue is how quick her slots fill up.
>>
>>8893770
I've commissionned Bunny House to make me a long organza petti.
>>
>>8893826
Yeah it was like 45-50 usd with shipping to the US. Kind of wish I had just bought a bigger one secondhand for that price
>>
File: malco modes jennifer.jpg (35KB, 267x401px) Image search: [Google]
malco modes jennifer.jpg
35KB, 267x401px
>>8893727
I have one, it's actually very fluffy! The Jennifer model is what I have. It's a little long, so I recommend the petite (it goes up to 38in, so most people should be able to fit). I got the small, but I had to adjust it to the shortest setting so it wouldn't peek out. The small could be good for people that like longer dresses, though. A+ A-line petticoat.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>8893109
here's a pic. it's not really shiny but rather as a soft sheen to it, I'm not sure how else to explain it. I can say though that IMO the dresss is nicer IRL than in the stock photos, and the wine colored crepe? fabric might not photograph particular well in their stock photos. it's just definitely not shiny or cheap looking, if anything IRL I thought it was pretty luxurious, it's really soft. I'm assuming that the DDG material is the same but I don't know.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>8894034
another one
>>
>>8894034
Thanks. That's actually really nice, definitely different than DDG rerelease
>>
>>8893628
I'm a newfag to lolita tf is MLT
>>
>>8894206
MeLikesTea
>>
>>8894034
I didn't know the check fabric was so heavily textured. Now I like it even more.
>>
>>8894185
no problem! this cut is definitely something that's wonderful to see in person. I loved the dress in the stock pics so I bought it of course but when I opened it in the mail I remember just being like "oh shit" at it. Probably one of the best quality dresses I have. Hoping that DDG lives up to my expectations.

>>8894233
I know right? Meta does some cool textured fabrics, I really like it.
>>
>>8893633
I have Malco Modes 582. It's super poofy and so soft, I love it. Amazing quality. I have a MeLikesTea Daily Petti- voile. About half as cheap and still soft but it doesn't have as many layers, so it's not poofy enough to fill out my skirts. I would recommend getting organza instead or a poofier design. It looks good when I layer it over my Malco Modes one, though.
>>
>>8893628
*if you can place your commission ever
>>
>>8893621
You have to view the post on the actual group page. If you try to do it from your personal feed, the option doesn't come up.
>>
>>8894034
Ugh now I really want the Dozing Cat hakama JSK in that redxwhite colorway. I thought the print was so hideous when it came out, too (especially that A-line OP, oh god, that's still a mess). But the redxwhite colorway is actually not jarring, the cut is wonderfully unique, and I like the charming kitties... The quality of the fabric is making me love it even more.

I can't believe my taste has changed so much. I used to hate almost everything Meta.
>>
>>8893509
Does anyone know of detail shots/worn photos of Daydreaming Goldfish? I'd like to see what this material looks like irl. I'm sad that both Daydreaming Goldfish and Dozing Cat have like 2 worn pics.
>>
>>8894326
I loved every piece and got fucked by the bloodbath, it made me salty so I didn't pick it up on the second round of the hakama. Such regret
>>
>>8894336
Anon do you even Google, this showed up right away https://www.pinterest.com/kokibi/%E6%B4%8B%E6%9C%8D-outfits/
>>
File: ddg.png (784KB, 524x659px) Image search: [Google]
ddg.png
784KB, 524x659px
>>8894336
look up rubie.chan on instagram. pic related. she definitely helped to convince me to buy the print.
>>
>>8893161
Ah, it was supposed to be a pun on Ruff Ryders, which I think started as a music label or something and grew to include motorcyclists and the like. Don't quote me on that though.
>>
File: pop.jpg (555KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
555KB, 612x859px
Ew. This looks like celestial and milky cross had a really ugly baby.
>>
>>8894546
I want this just so I can carry around a giant Bible like the model did in the fashion show pictures
>>
>>8894546
Its gorgeous. But God it'll be a bloodbath ugh
>>
>>8892872
I want this JSK, but I feel like it'd make me look HUGE since I'm not super thin and have a fuller chest cause of that big bow.
>>
>>8894546
Finally. I love the pink and the navy.... which do I choose?
>>
>>8894546
Gdi why does the long waist JSK have the ugly trim on the bottom? The high waist one has gorgeous trim, why couldn't they use the same for both.
>>
>>8894546
any idea on the color popularity?
>>
>>8892718
Branditios sounds like some kind of snack food.
>>
>>8894574

If you're referring to that weird grey space at the end of the skirt, Celestial had a similar grey block in photos. Something about the difficulty in cropping photos with sheer overlays. So I wouldn't write this one off yet, might just be a problematic stock photo.
>>
>>8893727
You know that Malco Modes makes more than one type of petticoat, right?
>>
>>8894574
here is a better picture of it, it's a sheer overlay.
>>
>>8894598
Thank you so much! It looked similar to the fur trim on Sugar Dream Dome in the other photo for some reason.
>>
I was looking at blouses on some secondhand lolita webshops and I noticed that some of the white blouses were described as having yellowing, is this common (like age/sun damage) or something that happens from the owner not taking care of their clothing?

I'm not talking about pit stains either, in the photos it looked like collars and lace were discolored.
>>
File: IMG_7184_zps6043c207.jpg (164KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7184_zps6043c207.jpg
164KB, 768x1024px
>>8893727
>Malco modes are highly rated but they look so thin, I don't see how you could wear them with anything but that very narrow A-line that IW used to make a lot

Malco Modes is a brand. They make some fluffy ass petticoats
>>
Does anyone have AP's royal chocolate 3way bag (3rd release) in brown/bitter? I'm trying to figure out whether the bag I got is the bitter or brown colorway. How does the color compare to say, melty ribbon chocolate?

Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>>8894418
Already seen those.
>>8894535
Thanks anon, her (many) photos of it are stunning. Now I'm so glad I picked whitexred over the navyxred.
>>
>>8894598
I wish they wouldn't cut the sheer overlays longer than the dress like that. It looks so goddamn cheap every time. I wouldn't mind the stupid overlays on everything if they were cut to the length of the print so that the trim didn't dangle off of an awkward exposed hem.
>>
>>8894581
I'm betting it'll be navy > pink > sax
>>
>>8894632
No it just happens from normal wear. Some fabrics yellow as they age even with good care and washing
>>
>>8894645
No way in hell you could make an A-line look like that without pinning up a layer. I looked through plenty of their styles, nothing was the cupcake style petti that I like
>>
>>8891711
All of her works basically. All of her mangas heavily carry that old school gothic vibe back when the lines were still blurred. Her work is often feature in the back of GLBs

>Dokuhime is good, Beautiful People is too
>The Embalmer is A+ <3
>>
>>8894681
>using more fabric
>looks cheap
nah. the more fabric used the more the price is usually. Hence long sleeve OPs being outrageous.
>>
>>8894657

If it's the Royal Chocolate 3 way rucksack, then as far as I know the plate in front looks like this (it's the logo from Chess Chocolate) and there's no bitter colourway. There's not really a second or third release though, just restocks within the same year?

AP made a few releases of this specific type of bag (3-way rucksacks that looks like a bar of chocolate) but they change up the front plate with each release and give it a different name. You should be able to identify which release yours is from the plate in front, and then from there you can identify whether that particular release even has a bitter colourway or not, which should help a bit?
>>
>>8894714
Thanks! I picked at random from Wikipedia and read IC in a Sunflower first, which was odd, but I liked it. I'll check out the ones you listed!
>>
File: 18061003-pic.jpg (46KB, 371x494px) Image search: [Google]
18061003-pic.jpg
46KB, 371x494px
is the new meta bag going to be popular? thinking of getting it during the reservation
>>
File: 9978.jpg (50KB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
9978.jpg
50KB, 320x184px
>>8894757
Sorry, I think I didn't explain myself well enough. I meant the Royal Chocolate 3-way Rucksack with Plate (pic related). The brown colorway of this bag appears fairly dark in some photographs, however the bitter colorway is also subtly brown in some lights. I can't figure out which colorway my bag is because of this - it looks pretty dark, but light enough that it could potentially be brown.
>>
File: 05081109_554c1af462aa5.jpg (277KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
05081109_554c1af462aa5.jpg
277KB, 500x600px
>>8894681
If the skirt had long lace at the bottom that the overlay matched the length to like they did on Shuwa Shuwa Pop I would actually like it. But without that it just looks like a bad design or someone cutting the fabric got too lazy to trim it up and just went with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (739KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
739KB, 1536x1536px
>>8894862
Post a picture of your bag. I have the brown, and it's pretty distinguishable against the bitter.
>>
>>8891518
>Sammmeee
>Sammy
why type like this?

thanks for the rec though
>>
>>8894871
>>8894681

Both of you are going to have to tell that to the girls who bought the Celestial jsk, and the girls who are still having bidwars over Celestial jsks.

So far as AP is concerned, they could be dubiously iffy on the design, but the prices on secondhand Celestial makes it look like girls like the longer overlay, so they will continue making it. Especially when you factor in that this is a probably hype print crossed between Celestial and Milky Cross like original anon says, so they want to hit every possible combination that could have contributed to Celestial/Milky Cross's hit print status.

(tfw we had the opposite of this complaint when Milky Cross came out and the sheer overlay was the same length as the underskirt. On Milky Cross the print was on the overlay, though)
>>
File: python.jpg (49KB, 1000x559px) Image search: [Google]
python.jpg
49KB, 1000x559px
>>8892676
For a classic-only gang
>Hell's Grannies
>>
Has someone already gotten the Gothic Lolita Bible 59? I want to know which patterns are coming...
>>
>>8894989
I only know that they'll have this http://angelicpretty-onlineshop.com/products/detail.php?product_id=2051 for pattern. But I don't know the others.
>>
File: 1435050398714.jpg (58KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1435050398714.jpg
58KB, 400x534px
I just realised I'm in this dumb fashion for the long run and shouldn't worry about buying too much. Time to make a huge ass wishlist to keep it somewhat under control I guess.
>>
Recommendations for custom underskirts? Want a pleated one rather thsn tiered ruffles
>>
File: large.jpg (89KB, 500x542px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
89KB, 500x542px
How do you guys feel about animal-based lolita? I know animal ears are out, but what about lolita made to look like gajinkas of animals?
Something like pic related. I honestly can't find a good design just looking at google, so maybe that answers my question...
>>
>>8894818
the past two novelty bags they did, the squirrel and the leopard sold out pretty fast. since then, I've seen one of each on sale on y!jp for at least what they cost new. If you like it, try to get it through the reserve. If you fail to get it through their site, send them a reservation email (instructions to do this are on the meta site in a few places). I've had luck with this in the past for a few reservations including the squirrel bag.

That said, all you're going to be able to fit in this bag is a wad of cash or some credit cards, and a chapstick/lipgloss. I couldn't even get my balled fist inside (lol) and I have pretty small hands. I have the squirrel bag and I've actually thought about doing surgery on it to make it roomier on the inside but I haven't had the courage yet. My only other gripe is how thin and boring the straps are. For what it's worth, I think the bunny bag is incredibly cute, even cuter than the squirrel. I don't know why they didn't make the acorn/strawberry a bag, rather than the animal itself.
>>
I apologize if this is a question that's been asked multiple times, but are Dreamholic's wigs worth the price? Some of the ones I like are $50+ and shipping to my area is $20...it kills me to pay $70 for one wig when I could just wait to do a Taobao order and get cheaper ones from Kyouko or CC-Kids.
>>
>>8895077
The fact you can't find a good design should tell you something.
I can't see it being done without being costumey.

Your best bet is just to stick to a theme like a print or accessories
>>
File: 1140751.jpg (102KB, 400x890px) Image search: [Google]
1140751.jpg
102KB, 400x890px
>>8894890
Thanks, anon. Referring to your picture, I'm thinking that I have the bitter. The color is not nearly as light as that at any angle.
>>
>>8895173
they're OK, it can be a hit or miss depending on which you get. the stock pictures are pretty inaccurate for color and most of the time the color charts don't make sense or a swatch simply doesn't exist.

i personally don't think they're worth anywhere near what they charge on their english side, but it's not too bad if you get their simpler styles.
>>
I know everyone is really fucking sick of HL, but has anyone gotten info on the first round of MTO?
it's officially March and I'm getting hella impatient.
Do I just need to chill out till the end of the month?
>>
>>8894559
But buy it tho... It's beautiful. I'm your sign to get it.
>>
can i get some advice on how to gothic lolita in a texas summer? i wanna dress up for a convention but i would also like to not have a heat stroke, thanks
>>
>>8895181
That's definitely the bitter.
>>
>>8895464
JSK made of cotton and a bolero inside it instead of a blouse. Too bad I don't have any photos of it, but it had been trending in some hot countries.
>>
>>8895077
>I know animal ears are out
Nah, I think it's just cat ears. A lot of stuff just leans towards bunny ears now. Also teddy bear type ears.

I like gijinkas a lot and wish there were prints of them on dresses. That's the only way I see them really fitting into lolita though.
>>
>>8895464
Drink water, wear breathable fabrics, try not to have too many layers, carry a sun parasol that blocks UV rays, DRINK WATER.
>>
>>8894989
The Rose Heart Canotier, a sheer skirt overlay from Princess Doll, an ouji/aristo blouse fom Elements H and a veil from Meta.
>>
>>8895464
Princess sleeves, no wig (or a styled one with a partial updo), socks instead of tights, avoid high necked blouses. Consider a low-poof petticoat.
>>
>>8895558
This is a really smart idea! Not other anon, but thank you!
>>
>>8895173
I regret purchasing my dreamholic wig. Beware: the colors are much darker than the swatches show.
>>
>>8895181
I just ordered one of those in White, but I was wondering do you think it can fit a maybe 15.5 inch laptop?
>>
>>8894684
what about the black colorway?
>>
>>8894546
It looks washed out and uninspired. Wish AP would do something other than these faded ~pale~ prints
>>
Who here just registered for rufflecon?
>>
>>8895704
I would love a deluxe pass but out of the budget for me at this time (maybe I should've planned better). My heart wasn't set on it though, so whatever. Just gonna grab a regular weekend pass when they come out in a few days.
>>
>>8895704
I got a deluxe in the first minute they were open. Really curious about who the 5 premiums are though.
>>
>>8895739
Funny, two of the premiums are known to be close friends of staff. Don't know about the other three though.
>>
>>8894546
Loving the blue colorway!
>>
>>8895612
>wore a princess sleeve OP with low poof due to heat
>was told to wear a bigger petti in the CoF thread

Pick one and stick with it, cgl.
>>
>>8895464
>cotton everything that you possibly can
>parasol for shade
>fan for air movement
>drink lots of water
>use setting spray instead of powder for make up
>avoid wigs if you're able to, if not, go for shorter styled wigs with less density
>socks instead of tights
>consider a cage skirt and lighter petticoat instead of heavy-poof petti that clings to your legs
>stay inside in the AC as much as humanly possible
>>
>>8895831
it's important to remember that cgl isn't a monolith; there's tons of us that go on here and lots of people have different opinions, and you aren't going to get the same people for every post. that said, I totally empathize with this post as well because this is how I feel sometimes too, since I know like myself most of us come here for "honest"/"open" truth.

when it comes to conflicting information like that, I would just do your best to listen to each side, consider what they say, and then ultimately feel free to make your own decision, or ask again later and consider the opinions again.

for something like petticoat, I think it might be something that depends on the climate of where you live (what type of "hot" it is) and your own personal self. I know for me, even in the summer, petticoat doesn't make much of a difference for me, I've never noticed myself particularly hot one way or another with whatever petti I'm wearing. I think it also might depend on the fabric of the petti too but you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>8894694
>without pinning up a layer
>nothing was the cupcake style petti that I like

And? It takes a few seconds to tuck in the layers and get a cupcake shape. most non-lolita specific petticoats aren't designed to give a cupcake shape. You have to take a few seconds or, god forbid a few minutes if you want to sew it permanently.
>>
Cecilia Cross's sax and navy headbows went lightning fast. Was anyone able to snag a dress? They seem to be in stock still.
>>
>>8895885
Pink head bow went insanely quick as well, barely managed to snag one. Got the JSK with the overlay to go with it.
>>
>>8895894
Nice! I wasn't quick enough for the headbow, I was torn deciding between the pink and sax JSK. Now that I already paid for the sax one, I'm having buyers remorse and would have preferred pink.
>>
For anyone that took place in the recent Automatic Honey update, do they send out purchase/shipping confirmation emails? The money has been taken out, but I find it strange that I've heard nothing since then.
>>
>>8895692
Unfortunately, no. I can barely fit my standard lettersize notebook in it, and that's if I fit it diagonally. I feel like any lolita bag 15.5 inches wide must be pretty uncommon.
>>
>>8895078
thanks for the info! I think expanding the pocket size is a good idea and makes it more functional for sure.

yeah I'm still considering on getting it (it hasn't sold out on the site yet) but I'm super nitpicky, it's a super cute bunny but they could have made the strawberry cuter by rounding out the edges of the green leaf parts a bit instead of just a sharp triangle cut if you get what I mean. I already own a taobao bunny I can decorate but it'd be nice owning a meta bunny as well.. hmm
>>
>>8895922
I didn't get a shipping confirmation, but I'm not in the US.

I don't think they usually send shipping confirmations for international orders. Stuff just shows up in 2~ weeks for me.
>>
>>8895392
I still have to think about it lol
>>
>>8895464
chiffon or sheer blouses, sheer tights with designs, no heavy fabric main pieces.
>>
>>8896042
I think it's sold out, anon
>>
>>8895982
that's too bad, was hoping I could've used it for work. thanks for the info anon.
>>
Is it just me, or are other people pissed about AP's stock going up lately? Sure more people can get shit, but it really kills the second hand market, which is already over-saturated. It also kills that sweet feeling of victory from getting the colorway / cut of a dress you wanted on release night.
>>
>>8896083
We all benefit from it. Why do you think saturating the secondhand market is bad? Because resale values go down?
>>
>>8896083
I haven't seen anyone complaining about the stock level going up. In fact, most people are very happy with it.
>>
>>8896107
>>8896114
I don't personally have a horse in this race because I don't generally buy AP, but any time a new MTO or re-release thread goes up, it seems like there's always at least a couple of anons who get salty that their superspecial first release dress will go down in value because there's now more available.

But there's always been people who think that way, just like there's always been people who take scalping more difficult to obtain releases personally.
>>
>>8896083

>kills the second hand market

Of assholes who buy dresses to scalp? Good. If you're getting a dress that's a popular release you should at least be able to make retail if the fit/color doesn't work and its brand new with tags. But I'm tired of people crying about this, "Wahhh I can't sell my $250 dress for $500 and can only sell it at retail" who cares? If you're selling it while its hot you'll at least make retail back, and that's good enough.

>Sweet feeling of victory lost

Again, who cares? I personally like not having my heart burst out of my chest during the stress of popular release I really want (for me, and not to scalp or bank off of later). The people who REALLY want the dresses because they love it and don't care about flavor of the month shit can get them, and I'm glad people won't have to sell organs or their homes for an article of clothing they truly desire.

I dunno, but when you're upset about the secondhand market with dresses, why are you even thinking about selling a dress before you've bought it? I guess it's fine to be concerned about it if it ends up not fitting or you don't like the color, but that doesn't sound like the case with the way people have been whining about this issue (same with MTO series).
>>
>>8896131
>who cares
basically this

it sucks to lose money I guess but we're in a luxury hobby, the way I see it is either commit your money to your purchase and stand by it, or don't.
>>
>>8896147

>commit your money to your purchase and stand by it, or don't

I like you anon, couldn't have said it better.
>>
Has anyone here gone bowling in lolita? How doable is that?
What about the shoe situation?
>>
>>8896177
extremely doable. Maybe don't wear your poofiest petticoat though.
>>
>>8896177
Most alleys have a rule about bowling shoes being necessary. Just wear them. I helped to host a bowling meet once. It's totally fine. You may want to suggest some people dress in a more comfortable coord (for example, a fully shirred jsk or a cutsew dress) but to just keep the physical activity in mind (so no OTT shit that will just be cumbersome).
>>
>>8896177
yeah its definitely doable, i've done it before. Just stick to tea parties or easily removable shoes.
>>
>>8896177
Buy your own bowling shoes, you can get them on ebay for like 8 bucks. Super worth it so you don't have to put your nice brand socks in nasty bowling alley shoes. (If you have time, you could even paint them to match your coord!)
>>
>>8895922
I got my tracking info within a week through my pp email
>>
File: Moitie OP.png (717KB, 658x612px) Image search: [Google]
Moitie OP.png
717KB, 658x612px
>>8895464
My go to pieces for Aus summers are Moitie or I.W OPs.
>>
>>8895831
>>8895852

Don't most girls opt for a cage skirt if they need big poof in hot weather? I haven't tried it myself, but previous anons have said it's cooler as there's air circulating around your knees. Just remember to layer some tulle or something over the cage as the bones sometimes show as lumps under the skirt.
>>
>>8896226
Why did you post the back of 2/3 OPs? Do you own the SG OP? Super jelly.
>>
>>8896234
I made one myself, I love it! I wear it with a vgd petti over it for max poof. Lots of air circulation and less stomach sweat.
Also remember to wear bloomers. If you bend over too far, it won't drape onto your butt the way a petti does, it'll just tilt the whole bell shape back.

>>8896217
This is such a cute idea!
>>
File: beach2.jpg (86KB, 490x745px) Image search: [Google]
beach2.jpg
86KB, 490x745px
>>8895464
My personal advice is don't wear it. Don't wear black (unless you wear plenty of light layers), don't wear synthetic fabrics, don't wear tight clothing, don't wear thick socks or tights and don't wear anything with tight cuffs or elastics like a petticoat. I know some of you disagree but personally I find nothing uglier than dressing in a way that's clearly unsuitable for the weather and suffering for it by sweating into stinky clothing and looking like you're uncomfortable. You don't have to start wearing shorts and tshirts just because it's too hot for lolita.

However this is coming from someone who isn't used to air conditioning everywhere. If a hot summer just means you have to walk from one air conditioned place to the next, just do whatever.
>>
>>8896272
Just message the seller privately, that will give them an email notification while a comment won't always do that.
By the way, you need to be 18 to use 4chan...
>>
>>8896272
Sometimes sellers don't get a notification if you comment on their listing, messaging them is a little safer but even then LM might mess up and not let them know.

As long as its in your country the shipping shouldn't be too much though.
>>
File: 1457074036687.jpg (388KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1457074036687.jpg
388KB, 2400x1600px
>>8896236
Honestly? I grabbed the first couple of photos from a google search.
>>
>>8896290
Y-you need to be 18, please read the rules before posting. But to answer the question, and assuming you live in the US, domestic shipping is usually around $13 for a dress and if it's overseas, expect around $20-30 depending on where it's coming from. But yeah, just message the person.
>>
Best place to get gold/black Harlequin tights? Or even gold/navy? I'm only finding the welovecolours website, really.
>>
>>8894546
Well this fucking flopped lmao.
AP is gonna dig their own grave if they don't figure out what's trendy asap.
>>
>>8896383
I don't think it flopped so much, as the stock of the dresses has gone up recently, so they're getting harder to sell out. They're probably just sick and tired of doing MTO's is my guess.
>>
>>8896394
Have there been any official announcements about larger stock or are people just assuming there is?
>>
>>8896398
I'm not sure, but I keep seeing everyone talking about it, all over facebook, and here.
>>
>>8895922
I received my necklace two days ago, maybe contact them.
>>
>>8896131
I like you. This is what always kept me from buying AP, I got burned out of losing what I wanted during bloodbaths to the extent that I wouldn't even like the print anymore. Now if they would just do some dark, mature prints like CR and chess emblem with enough supply I will actually try to buy it
>>
Secrets
>>
>>8896522
#8 is gonna haunt me forever
>>
>>8896522
I'm kind of sad my secret didn't make it. And i know for a fact it wasn't "too big" i size that bitch under the 640x640
>tfw no lolita shall know my sin now
>>
>>8896600
were there any names or faces left unobscured? for faces esp, even if it's a model/stock pic you might need to just leave a little note to the mods that it's not another lolita. other than that, at the end of the comments there's a thread for asking questions, maybe ask why yours wasn't posted?
>>
>>8896177
I have my own bowling shoes and they are brown and quite cute. Kind of like oxfords. I just make sure I wear a coord that matches.
>>
>>8896528
She's literally a rectangle
>>
>>8896600
Just post it here anon
>>
>>8896670
I really want to know who that is so I can avoid any sales posts or selling to her/him/it like the plague
>>
>>8892676
Bosozocute
>>
File: secret.jpg (318KB, 475x640px) Image search: [Google]
secret.jpg
318KB, 475x640px
>>8896605
It was a stock photo but i covered the face.
The site it self says "one secret was omitted for being too big"
>>8896692
Yeah, well here is my sin
>>
Has anyone else noticed how mods of online comm like egl and stuff are always either uggo or annoying? There are exceptions of course, but there are so many itas, uggos, and headaches running shit, it's bizarre.
>>
>>8896809
Probably has something to do with that thing with the most qualified people not getting the job or purposely not signing up to do the job. Also, I feel like most of the people who have their shit together just don't have the time (or interest) to do an online mod job.
>>
>>8892676
Rough ruffles
>>
>>8896366
There are thigh-highs on amazon, but I'm seconding this. Does anyone know the source for this pic? I only get pintrest and tumblr in reverse image search.
>>
>>8896720
*used to

fyi
>>
>>8895384
I'm wondering too. I wanna e-mail tenshi and ask if she's heard anything from AP yet but I know she just did a release and I also don't want to bother her, idk. Now that march is here I'm like, antsy.
>>
>>8896823
Looking at the amazon stock pics, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the girl is wearing in the photo in >>8896366
>>
>>8892437
What is a small waist tho? 65cm?
>>
>>8896839
Depends on your height/other proportions. But for average height (say 160-165cm), a 65cm or smaller waist is on the slim side these days. Especially compared to a bust of 95cm like in the anon's case above.
>>
>>8896837
Damn. I have big thighs and the thigh-high reviews seem to be torn between 'I have big thighs, they stay up!' and 'I have small thighs they stay up!' which seems impossible.
>>
>>8896855
How? They stay up in both cases
>>
>>8896862
Surely they would have to be tight on a small thigh to stay up on it, and not too tight on a fat thigh to stay up on it.
>>
>>8896855
>garter belt
>sock glue
>sock tape
>probably other things I don't know about

take your pick
>>
>>8896907
Oh, a garter with bloomers over it would probably be fine. Thanks anon!

>Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address

fml
>>
File: P12OJ208-sx.jpg (137KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P12OJ208-sx.jpg
137KB, 480x640px
I hate this series. I know everyone's going to be creaming themselves over "OMG LES MIS COORD!" but the print is so busy and it reminds me of the quilting fabric Joann's puts out around Independence Day. Jsks I and II are ugly as shit too. The skirt looks alright and the accessories are pretty cute but overall I've been really disappointed with Baby's newest prints.
>>
>>8897010
Susan Boyle would look great in it tho
>>
>>8897010
I fucking hate every cut but the print is nice, it reminds me of a lot of the older AATP prints. I think they're more visually interesting than border prints
>>
>>8897010
I'd only buy it if there were severed heads next to guillotines on it
>>
>>8897048
Now that you mention older AATP, yeah I can see it, but I'd honestly prefer if they spaced the images a little bit farther apart. I do agree that it's better than the typical border print with smaller motifs leading down to the border print.

>>8897051
I would buy the skirt if there were severed heads next to the guillotines.
>>
>>8895384
>>8896830

I'm trying to give it until the 15th before I start getting really anxious.
>>
File: oh no.png (2MB, 996x1306px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.png
2MB, 996x1306px
>costumes
>>
>>8897215
Shut the fuck up, they pretty much are costumes. It's not a bad thing, it was a big event.
>>
>>8897215
If it's not your everyday clothes, it's a costume
>>
>>8897164
Yeah it's like, I know obviously I'm gonna get my dress, it's not like I'm gonna get scammed or something like that, it's just that I've been waiting for so long! I want it on my body right now.

I'm going to a con march 25th, any chances HL will have shipped out before then or do we think they aren't gonna ship until the end of the month?
>>
>>8897215
As someone who wears lolita, yeah, these are pretty much styled as costumes. They're carrying a bird cage and giant spoon for crying out loud.
>>
>>8897217
Maybe not the best logic if you think about formals, runways, oscars, etc.
>>
>>8896818
Ruff Riders
>>
>>8897215
Holy underskirt
>>
>>8897223
I feel like it will be later rather than sooner since they had to close it early because of so many orders? At least I hope it will be later, otherwise we might get some dodgy dresses.
>>
Hey, gulls. I'm in need of some advice, if you don't mind helping me out.
>dream dress comes up for sale in least favorite colorway
>never seen either of my preferred colorways on any marketplace, been looking for years
>price is too good to pass up
>i say fuck it and make the purchase
>mfw less than two weeks later i find same dream dress for sale in my absolute favorite colorway
>but it's missing all the accessories (bows, waist ribbon, etc)

It's been about a year since I last scored a dream dress and the dilemma is real. What should I do, anons? Sell the dress I just bought and sew my own ribbons/sash? Or wait for the purest of grails on a dress that includes the original burando accessories when I have no idea how long that could take?
>>
>>8894920
Forgot I was on cgl for a minute lol
>>
>>8897283
Just continue the path of crawling your way up to your dream dress.
>>
>>8897283
Keep the intact one and wait it out. Even if the other is your preferred colourway, you'll still lament its missing pieces later. Believe me.
>>
>>8897283

Assuming you don't have the money to just get both and keep them.

Don't make the jump unless you either absolutely hate the intact dress you do have, or you're sure you can replace every single one of the missing pieces. Take a good look at intact dress you have, especially at all pieces that are missing form the dream colourway piece, some of the ribbons brands use look easy to replace but can be very hard to track down (in particular older pieces sometimes use matte cotton ribbon, Meta sometimes uses dull satin ribbon that's neither matte nor shiny, can drive you nuts hunting that down). If the waist ties are printed and those are important to you, forget it, hunting down some lone waist ties to complete your dress is going to an even worse quest than hunting down an intact dream dress.

If you hate the colourway you do have and probably won't wear it anyway (or it clashes with your skintone, etc), then just sell it since you'll never wear it anyway.
>>
>>8893727

I have a Malco Modes petti and its too poofy for a few of my IW A line dresses
>>
who got a RuffleCon premium pass?
>>
>>8897261
The coord on the right is a hot fucking mess
>>
>>8897283
Put your complete dress up for trade
>>
>>8893131
H.naoto. They look cool
>>
File: whats my name.jpg (43KB, 448x251px) Image search: [Google]
whats my name.jpg
43KB, 448x251px
>>8897239
>>
>>8897239
>>8897503

>fluff riders
>>
Is R-Series' official English site really r-series-lolita-fashion-official-online-store? Because that's one hell of a fishy name.

wasn't sure if this was more suited to dumb questions or lolita general. Sorry gulls, I'm still learning about purchasing directly from brands.
>>
>>8897589
Yes. Be warned though, the shipping is a flat $45 (to the US at least)
>>
>>8897593
Probably worse to me... Their items seem cheaper than any other taobao reseller though and i'm still too scared to actually put in a taobao order.

>when will i ever be brave

I'm not sure how much money I'm going to lose if I buy through a proxy like my-lolita-dress. Does anyone have any idea what the % markup usually is? Shipping prices seem to be around the same as SS from what I've read

I keep trying to reach out to two of the more experienced lolitas in my community, but one uses my-lolita-dress and one is probably too busy to really have time to help.
>>
>>8897662
Why are you scared? I think it's better to just use an SS to save money. I use taobaospree but there may be cheaper ones. Remember to look at my-lolita-dress's prices + shipping, because they add quite a bit there... Glitzywonderland has prices that include shipping, and almost every piece they have ends up cheaper than it is on my-lolita-dress because of that shipping. Their selection is a little smaller, though.
>>
>>8897261
>why is OTT so popular?

My theory is that westerners (americans) are so competitive that they just kept trying to out do each other until it blew up into OTT and spread to Japan.
>>
>>8897845
for special events japan has always gone all out though.
>>
>>8897063
It reminds me of Vampire Forest in how the print is laid out.
>>
>>8897261
What are those
>>
>>8897845
It's possible that it does have to do something with that, especially with the advent of the smartphone which provided entirely new platforms to snap and share coords. I also think that part of it has to with lolita's association with decora and how lolita have borrowed bits and elements into a more ott version of itself, and eventually passing through lolita's other styles.

Trends and microtrends occur among Harajuku street fashions due to its close proximity of exposure with one another (why else did hime-lolita evolve into a more gyaru version of itself?).

In more recent years, I've noticed an increase of cosplayers getting into lolita, and I think that this and the opportunistic nature of (anime) cons have continued to fuel more ott looks.
>>
>>8897662
I bought one of their blouses, and it was cheaper to get it with a TaoBao SS using R-Series' Taobao shop than it was to buy from their English site because of that shipping cost.
>>
>>8897215
>tfw akira is begging for money in a gofundme while he had enough money to attend the AP party
>>
>>8898495
He should be spending that money on a nose job.

I wonder, do the Japanese lolitas talk smack about him the way Western lolitas do?
>>
>>8898558
god this seriously, that nose is like two of my noses.
>>
>>8898558
>>8898582
Man screw you guys, this guy is tacky as fuck for e-begging, but big noses like his are adorable. Instantly adds +20 cuteness points in my eyes.
>>
>>8898818
Big noses are never cute :^)
>>
>>8898818
Roman or Greek noses can be cute big noses.
>>
>>8898887
Fuck the haters, wide noses are the cutest. Best kind of nose. His is great.
>>
>>8898914
roman or greek are the worst noses
>>
No one gives a fuck what kind of nose you prefer

New general >>8898994
>>
>>8897662
whenever i see someone crying about how scared they are of taobao I cannot take them seriously

you literally just paste the taobao link into a shopping service's cart or form and hit "submit"
>>
How often does bodyline restock their rh shoes?I need black ones that are sold out
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.