[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 84

New thread; old one in autosage. Please refer to the previous thread while it is still up: >>8836148

These anons still need help:
>>8840966
>>8841016
>>8843661
>>8849491
>>8850313
>>8851768
>>8852039
>>8856033
>>8856040
>>8856164
>>8856598
>>8856868
>>8856883
>>8857279
>>8857576
>>8857887
>>8859057
>>8859165
>>
>>8859416
>>8851768
Not sure which legion you need specifically but you can easily find the backpatches on etsy and ebay.

>>8856033
Meetups are generally arranged specific to the con you are attending. Usually you discuss with the anons in thread on a time/date that works for the majority. Personally I've never gone to a meetup but I know that sometimes anons will go drinking in the evening (this is usually a secondary meetup though since it excludes anons who are under the drinking age).

>>8856164
You will have to choose if you'd rather have the hood look good when up, or if you'd rather the mask looked good. If you cut along the dotted lines, yes, the hood would lay better, however the mask will likely curl/flop over on the sides that are no longer attached since it is not secured in place anymore. I am not sure what you mean by putting an elastic in the back of the hood - do you mean behind the mask? Yes, that would help it fit closer to your face, but it also would defeat the purpose of cutting along the dotted lines to make the hood lay better when the mask is up. You would also be adding unsightly stitching to the front of the mask. Unfortunately you can't have the best of both worlds with something like this.

>>8856598
If you are bringing this to a con then your scissors may be confiscated even if the blades are dull and stuck together. That being said you could make your own out of a variety of materials such as foam, sintra, or even cardboard.

>>8857279
I google image searched "durag cap pattern" and found a couple patterns that you could modify. Link below is a tutorial on how to sew one:
>http://www.ourveggiegarden.com/CraftsSkullCap.html

>>8857887
Cardboard, expanding foam and papermache. EVA foam would also work if you spackle the seam and seal it.

>>8859165
Why not use a stiffer fabric like organza and stitch the pleats?
>>
What gauge of wire would you use for fairy wings? I made a pair last year and they were really beautiful but they couldn't really stand up under their own weight because the wire I used was too light. I'd be covering the wings with tulle, organza or another similar light weight fabric. And possibly adding some silk flowers as embellishment.

I did some googling but most of what I saw was for little girl wings and suggested using old coats hangers.
>>
>>8859519
Could use some assistance, I'm looking for a blouse to go with a Yolonda Skirt and Cape, it'd be great if I could find a decent quality one in black and one in white. Especially if they can go with other things. She has a nice Meta coat and an IW skirt, as well as some other miscellaneous stuff, but I want to help her build her wardrobe up.
>>
File: acercamiento kaneda campera.png (79KB, 253x209px) Image search: [Google]
acercamiento kaneda campera.png
79KB, 253x209px
>>8859416
I want to get a back patch done but I need to send the model first and I dont know how to resize the the sentences and the pill to life size.
Help please
>>
>>8859542
that looks retarded
>>
>>8859520
It's not just the gauge that is important but also the material. I'd suggest going with something like 12 gauge Full hard or 8-10 gauge half hard. Steel Fencing wire is often used in a lot of props, go to your local Co-op or feed store for dirt cheap material.
>>
>>8859542
You could take it into a program like adobe illustrator, turn it into a vector, then resize it without too much loss of quality in the image.
>>
>>8859542
Best thing you could do would be talk to some patch guys about it. Ivan from the /k/ommando store or the guys from Weapons Grade Waifus would be the best ones to ask, but they don't work for free. I'm sure they're willing to steer you in the right direction.

Make it in three parts though; The Top sentence in a upper rocker, the pill by itself, and the lower rocker so that you can position it correctly.
>>
>>8859545
Cheers thanks.
>>
>>8859551
No problem. Be careful if you work with torches and remember any tools you use will mar the wire which could in turn shred the material you plan on using. If you use pliers, wrap it in a rag.
>>
>>8859520
From the MSPA cosplay pastebin: http://cowbuttcrunchies.tumblr.com/post/96920207732/god-tier-wings-tutorial
>>
>>8859540
Anons in the BST thread usually have some nice blouses up for sale, some secondhand and some NWT/NWOT.

>>8859542
Most printing places should be able to vectorize the image (and thus be able to resize the pill and text easily) as a part of their service, and if not then for a nominal fee. Just let them know how big you want it to be and they should be able to do it.
>>
File: opcion 2.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
opcion 2.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>8859544
:^)
>>8859547
Gonna try that, thanks.
>>8859550
Gonna shoot them up and email.

This is the other option, I think this one would be easier to make but still, I want your opinion.
Sorry for shit quality pic
>>
>>8856883
I'd use LED strips, or maybe EL wire/tape.
This video could be useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgPghSJhkzU
>>
>>8859563
I prefer this design personally, its more aesthetically pleasing, and will be much easier to make as a patch.
In fact, there's a bunch already made,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akira-Replica-Jacket-Embroidered-Big-Patch-Anime-Pill-Shotaro-Kaneda-Good-Health-/281455681215
>>
Can I wash AP fantasic dolly with those color sheets that catch run off?
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 1500x1500px
>>8859532
You're probably using a shitty razor, or one that's old. Get one of those Venus razors that has the shave lotion built in. Pic related.
>>
File: 01sg.jpg (25KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
01sg.jpg
25KB, 225x350px
Reposting because I didn't realize a new thread was up.

I have zero experience styling wigs. Does anyone have any advice or a good tutorial I could follow to get one to look like this?
>>
File: crinoline.jpg (16KB, 424x557px) Image search: [Google]
crinoline.jpg
16KB, 424x557px
I want to try making a crinoline/like skirt to use for lolita. Ideally, the width of the hoops would be adjustable.
The thing is, I have no idea where to start. What kind of material would be the most suitable? I'm thinking of flexible plastic, but I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to things like these.
>>
File: il_570xN.762204013_qr96.jpg (99KB, 570x723px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.762204013_qr96.jpg
99KB, 570x723px
>>8859988

google.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (19KB, 314x450px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
19KB, 314x450px
>>8860005
>>
File: il_570xN.689029235_74sn.jpg (116KB, 570x850px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.689029235_74sn.jpg
116KB, 570x850px
>>8859988
>>
>>8859980
Look up twinzik on Facebook, they have a lot of wig styling tips for spikes
>>
File: 2016-02-11 16.30.00.png (679KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-11 16.30.00.png
679KB, 720x764px
What Kind of pattern can I use for this side skirt wrap thingy? I have no clue what to keywords to use to find a pattern I can use or alter.
>>
>>8859542
I actually ran across a site that does movie jacket replicas a week or two ago. I was looking around and they have that exact jacket

www fjackets com/buy/Akira-Kaneda-Red-Leather-Jacket.html
>>
>>8860100
it looks like you could easily draft your own pattern (it almost looks similar to a bathing suit cover up) the shape is an elongated U shape, I would use light interfacing on the main part to give it structure. and a heavier interfacing on the ruffle to give it body.
>>
>>8860124
Thanks so much. I'll try that.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453331353282.jpg (39KB, 552x738px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453331353282.jpg
39KB, 552x738px
Which dress is this one? I only now it's Baby's
>>
>>8860100
That's called a sarong where I'm from.
>>
File: diane.jpg (38KB, 564x488px) Image search: [Google]
diane.jpg
38KB, 564x488px
How much of a sin would it be for me to use wig pieces instead of a full wig for this?
My hair is brown, long enough to be put in high pig tails, and cut into straight bangs. I was just thinking of getting clip in pony tails for volume, etc instead of a full pigtail wig. (because honestly they look super dumb anyway)
>>
>>8860474
You baby cosplayers really need to get over this bizarre notion that a wig is ALWAYS BEST, ALWAYS. It's not. That character has a natural hair color and wears it simply, without a lot of styling or unnatural volume. There's no reason not to use your own brown hair with bangs and add some volume to the pigtails with extensions if you want.
>>
>>8860491
This. The key is actually styling your real hair though. Don't just clip pigtails onto your flat greasy hair and call it a day.
>>
>>8860474
Clipping to real hair hardly ever works. Mostly because not only matching the color is hard but the texture too. One is usually going to look thicker or shinier than the other. And if you think this looks stupid get out of cosplay while you can
>>
>>8860491
>>8860494
>>8860588
Lmao well.
I'm of interest in buying nice ones that match my hair color for lolita reasons anyway.
I don't know why >>8860588 thinks it's going to be so terrible, I know a lot of people that use hairpieces and it looks good so I'm not sure where they're getting this from. Though if I bought some random ebay clip ons I'm sure they'd look like shit, yeah.

Anyone have recommendations for good clip-ons, while were at this?
>>
File: pigtail.jpg (97KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
pigtail.jpg
97KB, 500x750px
>>8860588
And yeah I'm sorry but this looks like shit to me.
And wigs that are just a short wig with clip ons look even less accurate.
>>
>>8860474
You'll have to match the color well and likely take some shine off the ponytails or add a shine spray to your own hair but I don't see why it won't work if you have the bangs.
>>
File: worstgirl.jpg (33KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
worstgirl.jpg
33KB, 500x332px
It's my good friends 21st and I'd like to make him a karen hoodie like pic related.

I was thinking about making a hoodie from scratch, but I'm not sure how complicated it will be compared to making stuff like shirts, and it'll be my first time sowing a zipper. :<
>>
>>8860635
Sewing a zipper isn't too difficult, there's plenty of tutorials/resources online.
I'd be more worried about the hood.
>>
>>8860637
I've got until april, I think ill practice hoods with my junk fabric first.
>>
>>8860635
Just buy the official one
>>
>>8860637
Just because there's a tutorial out there doesn't mean it's easy. I would definitely recommend not attempting one's first zipper in stretchy fabric. Especially not stretchy fabric with a design on either side that has to align at nine separate points. This is absolutely not a beginner project if you don't want to end up with crap.
>>
I tried resin casting for the first time yesterday. This morning I checked on the casts and there was a tacky, foam-looking film layer on top (the area exposed to air). It kind of feels like soft taffy - when I press down, there's some give to it. I thought it wasn't completely dry at first but when I removed it from the mold everything else save for that 1mm film layer was dry (albeit cloudy). I tried looking online for what may have caused this foam-looking layer but couldn't turn up anything. Does anyone know what I may have or have not done to have caused this?
>>
>>8859492
Thanks for the durag cap pattern! Shall use that to modify!
>>
>>8860626
Do you have any wig/hair stores targeted to black women around you? I usually go to match things in person, but it depends on the store as to whether they'll have what you want - a lot of the smaller places only carry black wigs/extensions.
>>
>>8861100
Do you live in a cooler area? The layer is bubbles that didn't surface fast enough and cured at the surface usually from curing at a chilly temp. Next time try to maybe put it under a heat lampand skim the bubbles off while still loose. Also cloudy resin usually means introduction or water so be mindful of that.
>>
>>8861241
Wow, thank you, that's very informative! Yes, it's actually quite chilly where I live and I did measure and mark with water first to make sure I didn't mess up the ratio with the resin and hardener. That's probably how the water got in there. This next batch I will definitely use a lamp and be more mindful of water residue.
>>
>>8859492
Thanks anon, I don't have much experience with organza and don't think I could stitch the pleats very well but I found some pleated organza trim online that will work perfectly!
>>
>>8859980
Posted in the other thread without realising it was in autosage. Get a wig that's already got some spiking/shagginess to it, like the Apollo from Epic Cosplay. That'll do half your work for you as it's already quite full and the fibers will be pointing out without much reworking. Then you can enhance the spikes a bit using heat and hairspray, depending on the overall effect you want.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 494x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 494x278px
Where can i find foam to make armour?
>>
>>8861719
I get mine in bulk from Amazon.
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EJPGPA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
That is for yoga mats, and for minor details and like jewelry I'll use craft foam, which you can get for $.90 a sheet at Hobby Lobby, or order online as well.
>>
>>8861719
you can also buy it at costco if you know someone with a membership
>>
>>8861719

To add, for smooth eva on both sides, >http://tntcosplaysupply.com/index.html

I ordered from them recently and was pleased. Was kind of worried since they don't have any product photos on their site but it ended well.
>>
>>8860124
I'd stay away from interfacing since it looks fairly flowy, personally. If you use a heavier weight stretch fabric, and cut the green trim on the bias, I think that would give the right drape.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find small coffins to place on a headband? or small gothic accessories? I tried searching amazon but didn't come up with anything. Maybe I searched the wrong term?
>>
File: coffin.png (546KB, 648x656px) Image search: [Google]
coffin.png
546KB, 648x656px
>>8862087

Party City has some vamp fangs that come in little coffins you can tidy up. Would probably be easier/cheaper to craft your own.
>>
File: 51xB+kgspoL._SY400_.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51xB+kgspoL._SY400_.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
Looking for a shoe exactly like these. Ive searched a lot of terms but cant find any.
Need them ASAP and preferably around 35-40cad.
Im a size 6 1/2.
>>
>>8862087
Measure out a pattern on a thick card, cut twice, glue, seal with thinned glue, paint a layer or two, seal.
>>
>>8862351
Court shoes? Pumps? Those are the terms I'd use if I were searching for shoes like that. May have to specify you need a wide heel rather than a stiletto when you're searching though. There seem to be quite a few options on eBay if you search for "black pumps size 6.5".
>>
Trying to stick embellishment and embroidery on to fabric how dose one do this ?
and how do i blend the fabric to the embellishment and embroidery ?
>>
>>8862351
Hey anon, do you have any Britfag friends? They're selling shoes like this in Tesco at the moment.
>>
Where do people get their hats for witch coords? I have seen some on brand stores but they are too expensive for me, however I don't want to use party store hats either?
>>
>>8862390
That really depends. The simple answer is probably you sew it on, but you'll need to be more specific with "embellishments". I'm not sure you understand what the word embroidery means, because if you embroider something onto fabric, there won't be a need to attach it, it will be sewn to the fabric.
>>
>>8862544
Some people make them. The progress thread is in autosage right now, but its still up when you see this check out >>8805401.
>>
File: il_570xN.664609130_exj6.jpg (40KB, 570x492px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.664609130_exj6.jpg
40KB, 570x492px
>>8862544
SakuraFairy on Etsy makes custom ones about ~45 USD. Less pricey than brand but not super cheap.
>>
What would be a good fabric to line mid-weight cotton sateen for a JSK?

I'm an intermediate-ish sewis but have very little experience with hard-to-sew super slippery/silky fabrics.
>>
>>8862667

*sewist, sorry. Saged for no actual new info
>>
>>8862667
If it's cotton sateen, you should be fine to line it with a thin kona cotton or broadcloth or whatever. What you see labeled as lining fabric would also work of course, and it's not super slippery, but cotton is fine.
>>
File: Character_tj.jpg (48KB, 400x567px) Image search: [Google]
Character_tj.jpg
48KB, 400x567px
Planning to cosplay as TJ from Disney's Recess, but I was wondering what type of jacket is he wearing and also if dodgeballs be found at any sports stores.
>>
>>8862812
I'd say it's a green bomber jacket in a size too big. I don't know about dodgeballs though, I am a lazy fuck who does not go into sports sections of stores.
>>
>>8862812
Are you perchance doing a group cosplay? Cuz that would be amazing.
>>
I have a really long wig for my next cosplay. How do I help it from tangling up? I see lots of long wigs that turn into a rat's nest by the end of the day.
>>
>>8862789
Thanks, anon. I lean against what's sold as lining fabric because I don't like the 100% poly feel, but a kona cotton sounds like the perfect solution!
>>
>>8862846

Most of this shit is based on other people's suggestions, not personal experience, but:

-Dryer sheets will not only reduce shine, but also cut down on static, which helps prevent little tangles
-Use a detangler made for real hair ( like Mane n Tail or Motions Oil Sheen) as a pretreatment
-Mist the wig with water until it stands up a bit (frizzes) then spray with hairspray and comb smooth
-You can also do the comb through after soaking it in water with fabric softener (COLD water if it has any curl!)
-Always brush before and after wearing, with an actual wig brush (brush gently bottom to top, by the way)
-While walking around, clip or tie the bottom strands together. This won't really be apparent from the front, and you can always take it out for photos
-Generally be aware of the wig and don't mess with it too much. No sudden turns, don't let it snag on shit, and don't move it around a ton. Do, however, finger comb and use a portable spray detangler as needed
>>
>>8862824
unfortunately no
>>
>>8860630
It looks like that because of the wig mannequin. They're usually way small, and Arda wigs were made for larger heads. Thus, when you put a large wig on a small mannequin, it's going to look warped. Put that on a real head and it'll look fine.

Actually try using your brain before developing an opinion.
>>
>>8861845
>>8861829
>>8861852

Thanks
>>
Would greatly appreciate some tips on finding a legit site to purchase a cosplay from. Been browsing around for a while and it seems all the sites i found use the same stock image with different watermarks so it seems sketchy. Also would 2 months be enough time to get it delivered? (potentially relevant but character is Kazuma from S-Cry-Ed) New to buying cosplay I normally make them just don't have the time. Thanks
>>
File: squids.png (208KB, 1485x896px) Image search: [Google]
squids.png
208KB, 1485x896px
Drafted out a pattern for the inkling head this afternoon, but not sure what fabric we want to use to get that glossy texture.

Any suggestions other than PVC?
Friend was thinking heat bond over a thick fabric might work too.
>>
>>8861892
The heavy fabric would weigh down the piece though, if you use a thin enough interfacing it will add structure without it getting "crunchy" and if its the right type of interfacing for the base dress it can be think and still allow the fabric to move naturally. but it really just depends on personal preference and how the cosplayer wants it to look.
>>
>>8862087
I saw some around halloween at Joann's in that wood/paper box section by the spray paints. they may still be there
>>
>>8863387
most cosplays made on websites that that come from the same place overseas which is why they all look the same and have different watermarks. I honestly can't remember where I bought my costume at but I bought one on sale and it was actually pretty well made, just had to reenforce buttons and bring in a skirt but overall it was good. Try www.Aliexpress.com and look up your costume, they at least have costumer protection.
>>
Does anyone have suggestions for getting smell out of a fake fur jacket? Bought pic related off of Ali and I've been airing it for 24h now but it still smells really.. abrasively. And the smell sticks to me and other clothes. Is there a way to wash it without ruining the fur?
>>
File: Lance_of_Longinus.png (147KB, 1519x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Lance_of_Longinus.png
147KB, 1519x1170px
Same person as last thread asking about the spear of longinus. Opinions on what seems the best on how I should make the spiral parts?
I was thinking of using wire on each side then masking tape.
Either that or sewing long strips of fabric together, putting wire in both sides.
Or using poster board in strips as well. I thought id just use paper maché, space and gesso after any of these.
Thanks in advance!
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (164KB, 1000x631px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
164KB, 1000x631px
I need to sew some rank insignia markings onto the sleeve of a uniform. I figured I would just use some sort of (not horribly gaudy) gold bias tape or trim material for it, unless someone can point me toward something more suitable.

I'm still new to sewing, but I assume the only way I'm going to be able to get the circle part done is by hand-sewing it on? And what can I do to make getting everything nice and even and...well, circular?
>>
>>8864384
I've heard freezing things can get rid of their smell. Like putting it in a plastic bag and sticking it in the freezer overnight. I have never tried it though and idk how fake fur reacts to being frozen but it's an idea you could think about.
>>
>>8864384
Put it in a closed bag with whole cloves for a few days. It works really well to remove factory smells and smoker smells as well.
>>
>>8864384
Spritz it with vodka and let that evaporate. Shouldn't ruin the fur but should help get rid of anything nasty on it.

>>8865260
You can see the trim has been gathered for the circle before being sewn on. For a beginner, I would definitely pre-sew the circle before sewing it to the garment if that makes sense - sew it to a circle of interfacing or something that you can rip away after sewing it on properly. I would probably hand-tack it and machine sew it down but it depends how much control you have over your machine's speed.
>>
I bought a scout trooper armor kit from studio creations bit their helmets are too small for my big head. I have a xl-xxl sized head (24in around) does anyone know where I could get one in my size? I'm waiting for an admin to approve me on bikerscout.net
>>
Maybe you know where can I get hat like that or how to make it?
I always wanted a big wizard hat, like in anime :D
>>
Wig general thread fell off, so I figured I'd ask here. Does anyone have some recs for a place that sells wigs suited for everyday wear? A friend wants a short pink one while she goes through chemotherapy. But the cosplay shops I usually hit are too shiny, and the Lolita-oriented shops are more realistic but not short. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>8865703
dreamholic? MLD has an ok selection too iirc
if something's too shiny use the fabric softener + baby powder method
>>
>>8865556
> :D

Stop.
>>
Can anyone translate this for me? I tried google translate but I don't quite get it:
位置が全て異なります。あらかじめご了承の上、ご注文をお願い致します。
>>
>>8866043
Sorry, that's not the complete text
実際のお品物は生地の裁断部分により一着ずつ、柄の位置が全て異なります。あらかじめご了承の上、ご注文をお願い致します。
>>
>>8866050
Because of the way the fabric is made and cut, the exact pattern may differ from the stock photo, so please be aware.
>>
File: 456905435.gif (878KB, 391x220px) Image search: [Google]
456905435.gif
878KB, 391x220px
I've been wanting to do a Soldier cosplay for a gaming convention I'll be going to but I'm not very experienced in making costumes.

What's the best way to make a decent/good soldier costume?
>>
>>8866307
Thank you very much anon, you have really helped me.
>>
File: akira font.png (41KB, 257x87px) Image search: [Google]
akira font.png
41KB, 257x87px
What font is this?
>>
File: Skullkid.png (523KB, 652x731px) Image search: [Google]
Skullkid.png
523KB, 652x731px
Skull Kid fabric choices? I'm more of a magical girl/ballgown kinda gal so this is far out of my comfort zone.

I'm not really fond of the squared cut felt pants I'm seeing people do. I considered something along the lines of buying large fake leaves and make the green parts of that to get more of a "crisp" feel.

But yeah, I'm looking for fabric suggestions for everything.
>>
>>8866399
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
>>
>>8865556
Aww you never seem to find anyone able to help.

But earlier in this thread ( >>8862564 ) this was brought up, and the linked post actually contains a link to an older post where someone posts their hat, and after some questions, gives some information on how to make one. Just click the responses, and you should find it.
I haven't looked too carefully, so it might not be useful to you, but take a look!

If the linked thread is deleted before you see this, search for rebeccablacktech for the archives in google and find the linked post there.
>>
ayy I'm a dude. 6'0'', 160 lbs, gym daily, fit. I'm wanting to do a convincing Poison cosplay. I need to get some larger thighs, but it's within the realm of my capabilities. The only thing I'm struggling with is the cleavage. I know 'prosthetic' breasts exist, but would that even be possible to work with makeup to blend into my skin semi convincingly? I don't think a body suit would work in this case simply because of how much skin is exposed in the costume, I think a set of fake boobs would work best but I'm struggling with the logistics. Any suggestions, /cgl/?
>>
File: 2125678-yup4g.png (421KB, 845x800px) Image search: [Google]
2125678-yup4g.png
421KB, 845x800px
Does anyone know here to get a good Yu Narukami wig? I bought one recently on Amazon for like $15 and it was too dark.
>>
>>8865703
I was wearing a short arda wig near-daily for a few months and it held up through that. The tangling is annoying but IMO no harder to keep up with than natural hair. The main downside is the fiber is kinda itchy. The color and un-shininess were perfect though.
>>
>First time cosplayer
>very petite/short femanon

I just finished Undertale and decided I really want to cosplay Papyrus.
How do I go about doing this? I have very little sewing experience, but I have a friend who makes really legit EVA foam armor. (He said he's willing to help me)

Would it be better to sew his "armor" and stuff it with polyfiber or make the armor parts from EVA foam?

And how do I even begin to make the mask? I can sculpt the front part from clay, but how do I make a skull that wraps all the way around my head so you can't see my hair?
>>
>>8867063
Fake breasts are going to be your best bet. There are tutorials online you can find.
>>
File: latest.png (491KB, 466x601px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
491KB, 466x601px
What kind of jacket could I use for Joseph Joestar? I'm planning to modify it of course. It looks similar to a bomber jacket, but I want to make sure first.
>>
First time going for a cosplay.
I wanna use a wig. My hair is around shoulder length now, but i wanna get it cut so its only around 1 inch long. But are wigs easier to wear with long hair, or short hair?
>>
>>8867298
Getting short, short hair under a wig cap is a pain in the butt because strays insist on poking out. A longer pixie/short bob has been the easiest for me, but any hair can be workable, really.
>>
>>8866476
im working on a skullkid cosplay as well. im kinda experimenting with some fabrics but im kinda leaning towards using burlap. at least for the orange parts.

i was thinking of doing the whole fake leaves thing too but so far the fake leaves ive seen look too plasticky.
>>
>>8867298
Easier with shoulder length than super short because you can pin shoulder length hair flat and tuck it into your wig cap
>>
I need help with a lolita problem.

I see a lot of people talk about how low a person's boobs are in a coord, and about how bad it looks.

I'm 22, with D boobs, good bras (fitted by a pro), and I'm not overweight. Despite this, I still seem to have this problem (as least I feel I do, no one's ever said).

Any tips?
>>
>>8867532
Don't wear high waist dresses or underbust anything and you should be fine
>>
>>8867558
Tfw I have a really nice underbust skirt ;_;
>>
>>8867257
Alright, for the armour you need to ask yourself what you want to do in the costume. Do you intend to get huggy with people, have a lot of contact etc.? Then you would be better off with the stuffed fabric. I can't really help more there, since I've never made fabric armour, but there's a Papyrus posted in the Undertale thread that does this. Maybe ask there if they know who the cosplayer is.

The mask should be manageable. If you can sculpt over things, you can make a mask. What you could to, for example, is tape together one of those blank facemasks onto a helmet (cheap party construction helmet or the likes), something that fits you, then you can build on top of that. Extend the edges a bit. If you want to hide your hair, sew or buy a balaclava/ski mask in black.

I like this person's mask and they did a tutorial, so hey.
>http://casinojames.tumblr.com/post/133278811948/finally-out-been-working-a-lot-at-my-job-and
>>
File: zet-the-arc-warden.jpg (150KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
zet-the-arc-warden.jpg
150KB, 600x410px
POsted in a previous thread a while back, didn't know if i got an answer before the thread closed, so ill post again.

Trying to do Zet the arc warden from Dota. Only issue I have is I have no clue how to make an electric looking morphsuit, or where to get the fishbowl head from. It's not exactly a perfect sphere, but more like an oval.
>>
Any tips for enjoying a con alone? Had a group originally but they couldn't make it for respectable reasons. But I have everything under my name so I plan to go anyway. Would like to avoid just aimlessly wandering alone and being "That Guy". Also ugly, but solid photog so got that going as an icebreaker. First time going to mainland US. AX and Fanime in particular.
>>
>>8867590
Thanks anon! that's a huge help!
>>
Does anyone have a guide or tutorial for painting a latex catsuit? I'm doing an Imp Midna cosplay and was thinking I'd buy a light blue latex suit and paint on the black parts and blue markings. I'm not sure how I'd go about it though.

Google was no help at all.
>>
What are some steampunk cliches to avoid like the plague?
>>
>>8867909
Goggles.
>>
>>8867909
Don't just hotglue a bunch of clock parts to yourself.
>>
>>8867909
No clocks or watches, and NO. GEARS.

Unless they actually do something, anyway. If you make yourself like, a gear-actuated mechanical arm that's cool. One of the biggest thing to remember about steampunk is that it should be faux-functional, not random cogs and shit just vomited everywhere. You're supposed to be a gritty, sooty, hands-on inventor/mechanic/worker/etc, not a steam-themed fashion model.

>>8867911
Personally I think goggles are okay. They're practical enough to get a pass.
>>
>>8867532
It's a body shape/proportion issue. If you're tall, have a longer torso, or just have breasts that sit a bit lower you'll have this problem, and wearing above a B/C cup exaggerates the effect. Japanese clothing is made for a specific figure; it's not you, it's the clothes. I'm 5'3", 28D, with a short torso, and sometimes the bust points in lolita are just a hair too high even for me.
>>
File: 4564572346789.jpg (38KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
4564572346789.jpg
38KB, 640x453px
Does anyone have any pattern for tobi pants (basically japanese construction pants) or any extra wide legged pants like that? I've tried to search but haven't found any + I am terrible at making patterns myself...
>>
>>8867884
>>8733070
The people here seem to know a lot about latex.
>>
>>8868107
Oh, thanks anon. I should've checked the catalog.

Will repost there.
>>
>>8867621
Make a tentative schedule beforehand for yourself so that you don't literally wander around aimlessly because you don't know what's there and what to attend. Pick out some events/panels you'd like to see so that you'll have places to go to, but keep in mind to have FUN. If something else arises at the con that looks good and isn't on your schedule, go with it and see what it leads to. Your schedule isn't absolute.
>>
File: browncoat.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
browncoat.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
Trying to find a Jacket like this for Malcolm Reynolds cosplay, want it to be durable enough for real life. Budget isn't brilliant, any suggestions?
>>
>>8867063
If you're willing to spend some cash for more convincing result, look into the silicone breastplates that drag queens sometimes use. Google "boobsforqueens".
>>
>>8867298
With long hair there is more hair to pin the wig/wigcap onto securely so there's less chance of the wig slipping off your head.
>>
>>8868069
Use a normal pattern for pants and alter it: instead of "rounding" the hips and make them fit to your leg, make a straight line. The pants will become larger on the legs.

I hope I explained this right, english is not first language
>>
>>8867572
Skirts are fine, it's underbust dresses that can pull weirdly on non-petite, non-asian bodies.
>>
File: thiefpants.jpg (307KB, 1191x605px) Image search: [Google]
thiefpants.jpg
307KB, 1191x605px
Which pants do you think match more in terms of color?
I can't decide.
>>
>>8868664
looks like the left one matches more imo
>>
>>8868664
I agree, left looks closer.
>>
>>8868664
Link to the pants? I'm trying to get a Grimgar group together and need those for myself.
>>
File: XCOM(EU)_ArmorProgression.jpg (115KB, 422x988px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM(EU)_ArmorProgression.jpg
115KB, 422x988px
So I want to cosplay as a soldier from XCOM 2 for this year's MCM. Getting the boots and BDU stuff will be easy for me, but one thing I'm stumped on is costume armor.

Can anyone link me to a good place to get a bulky armor-like vest in the UK? I want to get one that ideally looks as bulky as the XCOM vests but isn't egregriously expensive nor an actual armor vest. Short of buying real plate carriers, my only other option is to buy a £65 real german flak vest which looks the part.

Pic related.
>>
>>8868676
here anon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U7XCDQO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3PPG49MDSI4W&coliid=I399R29SMA3K4W&psc=1
>>
What are the best places to buy fabric online? Nowhere local (Joanns) carries stuff I want but I'm really leery of buying fabric without seeing it. It's not as if I buy anything incredibly expensive or fancy, but it still makes me nervous. I just don't want to get screwed with really shitty fabric.
>>
>>8868717
Most places will let you order swatches for a $1 or so.
>>
>>8867063
Can get boobs that go all the way up to your neck. You'd be able to hide the seam line with choker and the tops straps, but you'll probably have to fashion tape the straps in place so they don't shift at all.
>>
>>8868694
I would've said Army Surplus, but you're in the UK so I don't know if you guys actually have that stuff there. On the offchance you do, find which one's closest to you and try it. Here in burgerland I bought a used German flak vest for 35 bucks.
>>
>>8868822
We do. I was gonna hit one up anyway but I didn't know if they'd carry vests. Thanks.
>>
File: ShioGodEater.png (2MB, 1176x1272px) Image search: [Google]
ShioGodEater.png
2MB, 1176x1272px
Ok /cgl/ I been pulled for a god eater group and Shio's outfit is way outta my sewing skills league so I was gunna look around to get it commissioned. So I was wondering; about how much am I looking at? I wanna know so i can save the amount needed for it to not look cheap and make sure i dont underpay the commissioner. It would be for a summer con
>>
>>8863450
help please?
>>
>>8868890
I'd charge around $350 for that. A full time professional might quote you twice that, and that would be a fair price for their labor. I'd be wary of the quality you'd get from a quote under $200.
>>
Any advice/patterns for a detachable train for a dress?
>>
>>8868890
I agree with >>8868960, <$200 would only work if it's a friendship price.
>>
>>8863450
>>8868952
Latex? Or if you haven't tried, there's fusible vinyl, available either as Heat 'n Bond Fusible or Pellon Vinyl Fuse (Glossy type).
>>
>>8869103
>>8868960
>>8868890

Well if anyone is interested in this please email me, I attached my public forum email. While I am currently saving for it I would need it by july and soonest ill have money is may.
>>
does anyone know any ways of taking the shine off patent shoes without scuffing them up?
>>
File: 2XEFXf7.png (833KB, 489x804px) Image search: [Google]
2XEFXf7.png
833KB, 489x804px
I want tot crossplay as ryuko, but Im a guy.
If i were to cosplay with the outfit in pic related, but replace the skirt with shorts, would it still look OK? Or would it look like a half assed cosplay?
>>
>>8867607
For the dome, I doubt it matters much if yours is round. No one will probably even notice it's supposed to be oval instead of round. If it looks ok with your overall costume, especially so.
For the glowing suit, you can either use EL wires, that won't really give you the effect you're looking for, or airbrush some glow-in-the-dark or blacklight paints over a blue base suit. If you use blacklight paint you could add some small blacklight LEDs in the armour on your shoulders and gauntlets shining on your arms.

>http://www.edee.com/Acrylic%20Hemispheres.htm
These people probably do custom domes? But you'd have to know how big you need it etc.

>>8869635
Eh, unless your purpose of the crossplay is to pass, and as long as you get the rest of the details right you can pull off a genderbend like that, no one will bat an eye.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 500x583px
>>8869635
Are you worried about your dick hanging out? Just tuck and wear some short spandex shorts underneath the skirt, or get one of those tennis skirts with the built-in shorts.
>>
Shit. I really need some help here.

I am cutting my pattern on twill, and then realized the grainline is diagonal. Am I supposed to be placing my patterns diagonally on the fabric to match the grainline? I don't know if I'll have enough fabric to do that.
>>
File: pants.png (722KB, 843x1167px) Image search: [Google]
pants.png
722KB, 843x1167px
>>8869635
This is a similar outfit, though not shorts it's a skirt alternative.
>>
>>8869836
I found the answer. I have to do it diagonally too.
>>
Does anyone have some suggestions for making Godoka wings that'll survive a con?
I made Godoka as my dreamcosplay last year, but unfortunately my wings broke.
They were made out of foamboard which was usefull because it's very light, but they were also way too fragile.

I really want to wear this cosplay again but I'm not sure what would be a good lightweight yet sturdy material for the wings.
>>
>>8869836
NO! The grainline is NOT diagonal. Grain is never diagonal. Twill has diagonal lines because of how it is woven but like every woven fabric the diagonal is bias, grain and cross grain are parallel and perpendicular to the selvage. NEVER cut any pieces on the diagonal unless they are supposed to be cut on the bias.
>>
File: godokawings.jpg (30KB, 492x361px) Image search: [Google]
godokawings.jpg
30KB, 492x361px
>>8869883
I made this pair (cropped because idk if my friend would object to being posted on 4chan). Thin cardstock-weight polycarbonate, scored along the centerline of each feather to keep it from flopping, and supported by 10-gauge armature wire epoxied to the top. The material is flexible, it comes rolled up. They weighed nothing, and if you use a heavy steel wire (like fencing wire) instead of aluminum they'll have spring when you walk. Doesn't show in this picture but the material is clear and the colors are only lightly spraypainted, so they had wonderful translucence.
>>
>>8869629
I've heard acetone (nail polish remover) will do this? But make sure to test a small area so you don't burn a hole in your shoe.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-17-12-36-54.png (717KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-17-12-36-54.png
717KB, 1080x1920px
I'm having the worst luck with this cgl so please bear with me.
Does anyone know where I can get a sweater like pic related (full zip, ribbed, high collar in a earth tone) in a 2xl? Color is eh as long as it can pass and the shoulder pads don't really matter to me.

>inb4: "make it", the whole point of doing this cosplay was to give me a break from sewing
>>
File: FFXIV_Black_Mage_Gear_Concept.jpg (86KB, 512x300px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_Black_Mage_Gear_Concept.jpg
86KB, 512x300px
Can anyone give me an estimate of the yardage im looking at here for yhr coat?
>>
This is probably not the best place to ask this, but I was wondering where people make cosplay friends? I mean real friends, not just liking peoples posts. I don't even care if it's just online. All my irl friends aren't really that nerdy, and I keep seeing cgls talk about shit I really want to talk more about but not so much in this anon style environment.
>>
>>8862846
Pretreat with silicone spray lubricant, carry a wide-toothed comb, avoid putting fasteners on the back of the costume.

>>8864384
Water doesn't hurt fake fur, heat does. Hand-wash in cold water and hang to dry after squeezing out as much water as possible.

>>8865099
Wire would work, but get something like piano/high-tensile wire instead of soft steel/aluminum armature wire. It's tough as shit, takes a lot of force to bend it out of shape once you've formed it. I'd use individual strands of that as the armature for the helix and tines, and then sandwich EVA/craft foam around the wire to make the bulk of the shape. By using flexible materials you eliminate the risk of it cracking, or of anyone getting injured when they inevitably walk into it. Paper mache would look fine, but it's brittle and I don't think it would take the mechanical stress of that shape very well.

>>8870106
Develop a pattern first: yardage depends on the width of the fabric (usually 45" or 60"), your own size, how big your biggest pattern pieces will be, and if you choose a fabric with a nap that would require all the pieces to be lined up in the same direction. My wild guess would be in the neighborhood of 4 yards of 60" fabric, because a) it doesn't have a lot of fullness at the hem b) you can draft it with the upper and lower body separated by a waist seam; more pieces = smaller pieces = less wastage.
>>
I'm planning on entering my first cosplay contest soon, but I'm kind of worried about the pre-judging part. The con's site says that I need to have progress pictures and references. I have plenty of references and I have progress pictures for some parts of my costume (particularly my prop), but there are definitely large parts of the costume that have progress pictures missing. Will they not consider me because of this? I can explain how I made everything, I just dont have pictures to go with it.
>>
>>8870304
Go to a con and find people cosplaying things you like. Talk to them about those things. Be friendly.
That's pretty much it.
>>
Does anyone know something about coshd? Seems shady as fuck but has a great price on a costume
>>
File: R&MEP3.png (542KB, 956x530px) Image search: [Google]
R&MEP3.png
542KB, 956x530px
How so i go about making a helmet like this. they don't have to be long wear because i can always carry it but i have no idea where to start. Thanks for the help in advance.
>>
I'd like to cosplay Ken here; I've got the rashguard and everything ready. However, I'm not sure I how I add the red line pattern to my basic black rashguard. How would I go about doing that? Paint?
>>
>>8871104
There are big acrylic globes like that which are supposed to be light coverings. You can find them at places like Home Depot. They're on Amazon as well, just search for "clear acrylic globe"
>>
Has anyone payed in Closet Child with card instead if paypal? Is it nor recommendable?
>>
>>8871165
Thanks! What size do you think would be best for a helmet? I could probably go try them on at home depot but id look extremely silly...
>>
>>8871177
Not exactly what you're looking for, but this tutorial could probably help. They use a 14 inch, but there are also 16 and 18 inch ones that I've seen if you have a big head. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-build-your-own-Deadmau5-mouse-head-helmet/
>>
File: plaindollcollar.png (744KB, 926x435px) Image search: [Google]
plaindollcollar.png
744KB, 926x435px
Anyone know what kind of collar this is? Like does it have a name or would it just be a tall mandarin collar?
>>
File: Kokoshnik2.jpg (218KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kokoshnik2.jpg
218KB, 600x900px
I'm looking to make a kokoshnik and have no idea where to begin. I've tried looking online but cannot find a decent tutorial. I've found half decant ones translated from Russian but made of paperboard, candy wrappers and paper. I'm looking for something a little higher brow.
>>
>>8871300
What is buckram?

You're going to have to pick out your own embellishments. If you have shit taste, you're fucked.
>>
>>8871306
How would I put these together to make a kokoshnik?
>>
this is a really stupid question, but when you buy fabric by the yard online, it comes doubled over (like when cut in stores) right?
>>
>>8871321
Other than a few specialty fabrics, modern fabric comes in 44" or 58" widths. An online fabric store will indicate the width of the fabric.
>>
>>8871321
It comes however they ship it.
>>
File: Ashley.jpg (134KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
Ashley.jpg
134KB, 1024x752px
I'm planning on cosplaying Ashley from WarioWare for AX. I've seen others do this cosplay and I hate how the dress looks in real life. Is there any patterns I can use for her dress instead of the flat one she wears? Or any ideas of what other dress style I could use? I appreciate any and all help. Thank you!
>>
File: cherry1.jpg (647KB, 1500x1022px) Image search: [Google]
cherry1.jpg
647KB, 1500x1022px
Seagulls, what fabric should I use to make the outfit on the far right? It looks kimono inspired/basically a kimono with pants so I was thinking silk, but I want to hear some other opinions (mainly because the idea of painting silk is daunting to me).
>>
>>8871413
>the far right? It looks kimono inspired/basically a kimono with pants so I was thinking silk, but I want to hear some other opinions (mainly because the idea of painting silk is d

I'd use habotai and practice painting with silk dye on other fabrics first. I'd definitely use a stencil or embroider it.
>>
File: wiu264nq0.png (82KB, 280x184px) Image search: [Google]
wiu264nq0.png
82KB, 280x184px
Hi cgl, I made this post on another board but I'm hoping to maybe get some answers from you folks here.

I'm making a costume that'll involve something like pic related. Anyone with clothing modification have some advice/technique on how to cut the sleeves or find a suitable shirt like that? Might seem simple but the sleeves are oddly different.
>>
>>8871438
Do you have a better photo, or more examples?
>>
>>8871312
Look up techniques for attaching beading and trim. You basically sew it on.
>>
>>8871461
Ah I wish I did >.<

It's basically a cutoff reminiscent of what jocks would wear in the old 80s movies. I'm working on finding maybe a better picture but no luck
>>
>>8871493
It looks like they literally cut just the sleeves off of a sweatshirt where the sleeve would meet the body. maybe sewed around the edge so it wouldn't unravel.
>>
File: 584989-4893-2016-02-17609393.jpg (233KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
584989-4893-2016-02-17609393.jpg
233KB, 500x600px
Question for the lolita portion of CGL. I am seriously considering buying Angelic Prettys 'Cosmic Sailor' jsk, probably in pink or lavender. I like the regular cosmic series more than the sailor collar version, but it's the cheaper of the two so fuck it.

The only problem is, I don't really have any experience with the sailor motif, and this being a jsk, I'm not sure what type of blouse would flatter such a particular collar.

Does anyone have some suggestions or advice?
>>
>>8870017
Go to Amazon, search 'ribbed zipper sweater'
Or google it. Less options for earth tones, but plenty have 2xl.
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ocean-Full-Zipper-Sweater-Large/dp/B00EZ54S4U/ref=sr_1_20?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1455783737&sr=1-20&nodeID=1040658&keywords=ribbed+zipper+sweater&refinements=p_n_size_browse-vebin%3A2343351011
>>
File: PureChiffon.jpg (704KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
PureChiffon.jpg
704KB, 500x600px
>>8871525
Look for a blouse that has an open neckline instead of a collar like pic related. Alternatively, you can wear a bolero on top.
>>
>>8869659
Thank you so much for the reply.

I have an old neon blue morphsuit, so what you are saying is basically use that and put UV fabric paint and other neon blue variants? It would look really cool if it did glow under a black light. I'm looking to replace it though with one with a crotch zipper. From previous experience with it, I feel more comfortable having one that I know I can use the bathroom without having to take Everything off.

Thanks for the advice on the dome. I was looking into using a round dome, but I didnt know if there was any other viable option. I guess I'll have to sculpt around it's roundness with the neck piece so it gives the illusion that it isn't round.
>>
>>8871773
No problem. If you get a new suit, I'd practice on the old one first to see if you can obtain the effect you want with UV paints. See how the paint works with the fabric, see if it reacts enough under indoor lighting, that kind of stuff. There's UV paints that look white under normal light and glow a colour under a blacklight, which might be a good idea.
>>
Does anyone know where to buy good corsets other than Orchard Corset?

I'm looking for ones in different colors, but OC only has limited colors.

I'm a newfag to corsets entirely.
>>
So I'm a fairly new cosplayer and I want to make the hunters set from bloodborne. I'm not sure what to do for the hat however as I haven't really made a cosplay before. So what material should I use and how would you suggest I go about making it?
>>
File: HatReference1.jpg (22KB, 408x409px) Image search: [Google]
HatReference1.jpg
22KB, 408x409px
>>8871831
Sorry forgot to add pic
>>
>>8871413
Most kimono are a crepe weave (chirimen) in silk, rayon, or polyester, so something like a polyester crepe would do you more service towards an authentic look than habotai/lightweight silk. Polyester is also washable, which is more convention-friendly. I'd satin-stitch the black outlines and use thinned-down Jacquard or Dylon fabric paints to fill in the blue.
(Also, plz look up uchikake hems. It's a padded roll at the bottom. It's not bias binding.)
>>
File: IMG_0653.jpg (100KB, 598x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.jpg
100KB, 598x400px
>>8871831
>>8871832
A tricorn hat is in essence just a normal round brim hat with the sides pointed up, pic related. Look up how to make a sun hat (I think? The big straw ones), then fold your edges up and make adjustments as necessary.
>>8871716 in the progress thread made fake leather out of craft/EVA foam.

Good luck, anon. The first cosplay tends to be the most difficult.
>>
>>8871832
I would suggest some kind of pleather or if you can find vinyl with that texture, then paint the weathered ends.

Make sure you add some interfacing for the brim. Even craft foam could work.
>>
>>8871843
Seconding this anon's suggestion to use craft foam. Look up foam helmet tutorials for how to do the crown of the hat. Most of them revolve around stretching a sheet of heated EVA foam over a rounded form, something like a children's bicycle helmet would give you the tapered shape of that hat's crown. Then look at hat tutorials to figure out the brim shape as recommended.
>>
>>8871781
Yeah, I figured that a combination of different paints will give the electric feel to it. I was also thinking maybe trying a metallic morphsuit as a base, but I don't know if it would be a good idea if I want to add on additional paint.

That and the fact I actually enjoy washing my costumes, so I don't think EL is a good idea, especially if it was wired on the inside. Outside would just look plain stupid.

Do they also make fabric that looks "Galactic" for the face? Or should I just use the same premise as the body. I'm creating a layer between my face and the rest of the dome so that it's impossible to see my face. That and there will be LED lights attached to it to be the face.
>>
Where can I buy an affordable zentai/morph suit of decent quality, without a huge logo on the ass? What can I wear under it that will hide my bits?

>>8871832
Use pleather, looks like there are even buttons on the side holding the edges up. That gives you an easy way to attached the sides. I'd think you could make a round hat, make the edges longer, then pull em up and button/pin them.
>>
>>8871438
Literally all they did was cut the sleeves off at the seam. If you look at a standard boxy sweatshirt (as opposed to a slim fit women's cut), you'll notice that the shoulder seam sits off the shoulder and the body of the sweatshirt is really just a big rectangle. Cut the sleeve off and this is what you get. Sweatshirt fleece doesn't ravel, so all you need is scissors.
>>
File: image.png (166KB, 263x1051px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166KB, 263x1051px
I'm planning on making a Bruno Buccelati-inspired blazer for everyday wear, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable fabric.

Does anyon have recommendations, or should I bite the bullet and embroider/paint them myself?
>>
File: gjykit.jpg (317KB, 620x419px) Image search: [Google]
gjykit.jpg
317KB, 620x419px
I have a different kind of question.
Online shopping is mostly in English or Chinese and I don't speak either well.
How could I search for a skirt like in the pic I posted?
What would be good words?
>>
>>8871964
I know there are galaxy print leggings so galactic fabric should be out there? If desperate, I'd use Spoonflower. They custom print fabrics and I'm sure galaxy themed prints are fairly popular. This kind of goes for you >>8872037 too, check if Spoonflower has it. I think if not you can make your own design.

>>8871985
For hiding male bits (assuming here) you can get a dance belt. They're specifically made to hide genitals under tight dance wear.
>>
>>8872052
Try "feather skirt", anon.
>>
File: Hyrule_Warriors_Artwork_Cia2.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Hyrule_Warriors_Artwork_Cia2.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
Anyone have any suggestions on fabric & how I should go about sewing Cia's outit? I was thinking of maybe altering a bodysuit pattern, but if anyone has any other recommendations I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>8872054
Yeah I'm talking about my hideous cock, thanks for the suggestion. I had never heard of a dance belt.
>>
>>8872148
hi hioshi jackson
>>
>>8872141
Do you mean a bodysuit pattern so your chest would be covered? That could work, animegao kigurumi cosplayers have a way of doing cleavage using fishing line (http://www.kigcos.com/btv3/wbtv3.pdf relevant part start at page 7, try not to think about the weird fetish shit) and then you'd be certain that the top stays following the contours of your boobs.
For the skirt, look up how to draft a gored skirt. You can maintain the pleats in that position by making the lining smaller than the skirt, and then tacking the pleats down to the lining at the bottom of each valley fold.
Use gold stretch vinyl for the metallics. It can be easily laminated over craft foam for stuff like the mask and belt, but also looks really good cut into strips and applied like bias tape.
>>
>>8872196
This is a great help, thank you anon!
>>
>>8871388
I'm confused by what you're trying to ask for. Are you saying that an accurate replication of the dress in real life isn't flattering on a human figure, so you want to do something else that looks better? In that case, go find a pattern that works out better for you since accuracy would no longer be as important.
>>
File: 42 IzuminoKami.jpg (562KB, 1573x2333px) Image search: [Google]
42 IzuminoKami.jpg
562KB, 1573x2333px
Any suggestions for making that weird cutout in his collar hold its shape? I've been playing with a couple of different ideas and materials, but haven't commited to anything yet.
>>
>>8872297
I'd just interface the entire collar.
>>
File: metamorphose strawberry rabbits.jpg (351KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
metamorphose strawberry rabbits.jpg
351KB, 960x1280px
Can anyone ID this dress? It says "Strawberry Garden Jumperskirt" from Meta, but googling that doesn't find it.

Looking at the post on Weibo, OP says:
"新作的草莓好可爱[爱你][爱你]一秒就被戳中了。就喜欢小动物的印花[爱你]"

Judging by Google translate and the date it was posted, I think it's an upcoming print? Does anyone have more info? I'm feeling a need for those strawberries and bunnies.
>>
>>8872406
I'm pretty sure it just showed up in the latest Kera, it's a new release. I don't know if there's an exact or approximate date for it but keep your eyes peeled.
>>
>>8872406
I hope this comes in sax or mint
>>
>>8872415
Thanks, anon. I'll be on the lookout. I've never ordered from Meta and don't know how fast they usually sell out, but I'm hoping this print isn't too popular.
>>
>>8872406
The description on the magazine page says it's a prototype sample and the final product may be different. No price or date for the jumperskirt is listed.
>>
is it bad to cosplay an anime character at a comic convention?
>>
>>8872709
People cosplay comic characters to anime conventions, so fuck em
>>
>>8872297
A doughnut of craft weight interfacing around the hole will keep its shape. I'd probably back it with a doughnut of muslin, put the slits on opposite sides, and fuse interfacing to muslin.
>>
>>8871172
I haven't, but it's a reputable company so I can't imagine you'd get burned on it. The only thing is there's a chance your card company may flag it as fraud since it's a foreign company.
>>
File: 108P356-bo.jpg (130KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
108P356-bo.jpg
130KB, 480x640px
>>8871388
How bout an empire waist dress with a petticoat underneath.
>>
Greetings. So I am planning on redoing my optimus prime costume, and was planning on making it from foam. The foam wouldnt be doing much support, mostly acting as a costume over a bare frame, which can support my weight and I can ride on as a vehicle.
Long story short, im wondering if I should use foam. The main component is a large box, which will most likely have to be 2 foot by 2 foot or more on each side. And while its not supporting my weight, will it be too floppy if its in a large sheet like that? Is 2mm thick enough? Thanks for the help guys.
>>
>>8872837
2mm definitely won't be thick enough, get the 1cm thickness and add some cross-bracing to your frame so you have extra places to attach the foam. You need EVA floor mats, not craft foam.
>>
how hard is it to learn how to sew from complete scratch?
I dont know anyone that sews so i dont have anyone to learn under from. anyone have any good tutorial sites/videos they have personally used?

im not talking about sewing fancy or complex stuff like lolita dresses. just like shirts and pants or anything along those lines.
>>
>>8872855
Shirts and pants are very structured items and actually are harder than a basic lolita dress which is just a couple rectangles.

Pants are hard, fitted jackets are harder than pants. A button up shirt is easier than pants, but harder than a dress.
>>
>>8872855
Oh dear...I hate to break it to you but most shirts and pants are far more complex than most lolita dresses, I think from scratch is difficult if you have absolutely no one to show you any of the basics. Not impossible, but you probably want to do a lot of lurking. Burdastyle has some good basics.
>>
>>8871413
>>8871838

Thank you so much for the replies. I didn't even realize it was an uchikake hem at the bottom- thanks for pointing that out!
>>
Not sure if this is the right thread to put it in but...
I recently decided to purchase my first IW dress but then discovered after buying that IW reportedly boobloaf like a motherfucker. Since I'm preparing for the worst but don't want to get rid of the dress, is a bolero sufficient enough to cover boobloaf?
Also yes, I do fit the measurements and am not near max, I just have non-B cup tatas.
>>
>>8872864
>>8872974
well, i guess that was a bad comparison then. i assumed dresses were harder to make compared to shirts.
anyways, i was watching some stuff on how to make basic tshirts and most of the tutorials consist of just making a pattern off from a shirt you already own.
honestly, it doesn't really seem like its that hard as you guys are making it out to be.seems like the hardest part is just trying to learn how to use a sewing machine.

then again, i could be wrong. anyways, thanks for the info.
>>
File: onix.jpg (32KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
onix.jpg
32KB, 300x316px
I want to make an onix as a prop, but I have never crafted anything before and don't really know how to go about it. I would love to hear some suggestions
>>
>>8873250
how big are you aiming for?
>>
>>8873248
Let's put it this way - sewing is like any skill, you learn the basics and you can get *a* result. That bit is not that difficult. Sewing well, knowing your way around what you want from your machine, proper techniques rather than short cuts, and getting a decent finished product is the hard part.
>>
>>8873250
Cutting foam would be your best option here. Just spray piles of expanding foam on disposeable surfaces like giant posterboard or what have you until they're whatever size you want them to be and then take an automatic turkey cutter to them to turn them into rocks. Cover that that wood putty shit or something and Plastidip and boom, Onix.
>>
>>8873346
seconding the expand foam method
also, make sure you know how big exactly you want him to be so you can get down the proportions correctly. Dont want to have him have a huge ass head and then a tiny body.
>>
>>8873268
Probably about 54 inches long I haven't decided height or width. I want it to be big, but not so big I can't carry it around at a convention.
>>8873346
Thank you!! I really appreciate it!
>>
>>8873144
Yes, a bolero can cover up the boobloaf and it'll look fine. Alternatively, if it's a JSK with adjustable straps, you can resew the buttons lower down the straps to make them longer which will fix the boobloaf problem and make the dress fit you a lot better.
>>
What's the best way to secure rabbit ears onto a wig?

I used aluminium wire on the inside to make the position of the ears adjustable. I assume I can just grab the pieces of aluminium wire sticking out of the ears, cut a few tiny holes into the wig and push those wires through them. But I have no idea what to do next. I'm pretty sure my ears will flop over if I just bend the wires against the inside of the wig and glue them to the wig.
>>
>>8873562
How many inches of wire do you have sticking out? Do you have enough length to poke them through the wig and then wrap/glue the wires to a thin plastic headband on the inside? That way the force wouldn't be borne by the wig.
(Also the wig is going to want to crawl off your head under the leverage of the ears, plan on sewing some toupee clips into the front if you haven't already.)
>>
>>8873582
About 4 inches, so that should be possible. Thanks for the help!
>>
Relatively new to Lolita, and fat (losing weight), and need help getting into it.
I have a few dresses, but im a couple of them are rather low quality. I made the mistake of buying a replica once because I loved the pattern so much, but its like wearing plastic :(

I want to start dressing in more old school/classic lolita, something elegant that could be worn anywhere and not seen as too loud or too childish. Also something that can be worn just the same without any wig.

No loud prints, no bright colors. I started off wanting sweet lolita clothing but, meh.

I have no idea how to make a coord that looks elegant.
>>
>>8873925
first off you should get to your goal weight(this should be anywhere from 100lbs to 120 depending on how tall you are)

and then focus on buying products
>>
>>8873927
Is it really hard to make dresses tighter if you have to?

Even at my goal ill still need plus size lolita dresses most probably
>>
>>8873925
fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/2012/05/building-complete-lolita-wardrobe.html
Here's a basic overview of wardrobe building and what not they may help with determining what sort of pieces you'll need/how to get that elegant vibe
As for larger clothes that won't break the bank as you lose weight maybe F+F and Anna House?
>>
>>8873945
Is F+F fanplus friend?

Also thank you for the link! At least now I can make a sort of checklist.

Are there any brands that are just plain bad or like things to be cautious of when buying lolita?
>>
>>8873964
It is, you are correct. The lolita-tips tumblr has a wealth of information in their links from anything ranging from scam shops to the anatomy of a coord to hair and more.
>>
>>8873985
Well then I guess ill take my but over to tumblr for the first time in my life and start reading, thanks a lot!
>>
Is a Pritt Stick a safe way to glue foam boot covers onto new, unworn patent leather in such a way that I can remove the foam later? This is real leather, not synthetic.
>>
>>8874017
I wouldn't bother with glue at all, instead try to work the boot covers into a spat system with elastics over an open heel?
>http://aminoapps.com/page/cosplay/2870832/removable-boot-cover-nonstretch-tutorial
Like that one, although that looks frumpy as hell.
>>
>>8874250
Open sole, not heel*
>>
>>8871574
I spent over an hour searching both amazon and ebay for anything, and for some reason this didn't show up but it's perfect. Thank you anon.
>>8865099
Sorry for not contributing this time but I was the one who posted mine in the last thread- hope it helped and good luck!
>>
>>8873927
>(this should be anywhere from 100lbs to 120 depending on how tall you are)

Well, that's a ridiculous statement.
>>
>>8873925
More or less in the same boat as you. Custom sizing will be your friend when doing classic I've noticed so be sure to keep your eyes on indie brands and taobao.
I also highly recommend myfitnesspal if you're not using it already. It's helped me lose 16 lbs so far.
>>
>>8874334
It isn't ridiculous in the context of Japanese lolita fashion brands, where most are designed to fit JP Size M = girls about 5'2"-5'3" tall and 100-120lbs.
>>
File: ew.jpg (33KB, 569x504px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
33KB, 569x504px
Can someone help me with some cosplay suggestions? I don't know where I should go with the question but I can't think of anything. I've been told I could make a good Anakin.
>>
why is there a lolita general thread and no cosplay general thread?
Should we be having a cosplay general?
>>
>>8875278
I wouldn't say lolita is an equivalent to cosplay. There can be multiple generals for Japanese fashions as everyone is buying similar products and will have specific questions in each general whereas cosplay is all over the place. Making a thread every time there's a sale or release would create clutter which makes the general quite handy to hold all that information. Everyone lives in different places on /cgl/ so you'll see different country generals which are probably more suitable for people to talk about upcoming or recent events regarding cosplay for them personally.
>>
>>8875256

Suggestions thread is >>8851874
>>
How do I order from cyperous? I looked it up, and someone said that I could email them, but that was from a livejournal post from ~4 years ago.If anyone can point me towards a guide, that'd be awesome!
>>
File: Sad-Anime-Girl-Crying.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Anime-Girl-Crying.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
I'm trying to make light-up eyes and I'm desperate and all out of ideas.
I also want to be able to see while the lights are on, which I found a tutorial for, I'll link it below. I did the exact same as the video but you end up seeing just a mirror.

Link: https://youtu.be/SHcH60giVys
>>
File: 1415679168466.gif (2MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1415679168466.gif
2MB, 320x213px
Has anyone ever made a fan cooling kit for a helmet?

Any guides that you followed to make it?
>>
Is it possible to dye a plastic wig using hair dye (manic panic, directions, etc)?

I need this wig piece to match my hair color perfectly and I couldn't think anything else.
>>
>>8874935
I'm 110-15 lbs and 5'3" right now, and a lot of my old lolita stuff is now too big on me. I buy JM now and it's baggy on me. You have to be tiny for Mary Magadalene, I hear (though not in ways you can change--i.e. ribcage and shoulders) but a lot of lolita fits around a US 4/6 best.
>>
>>8876057
Nope. Manic Panic is basically food coloring, and natural-color box dye is metallic salt pigments. Alcohol inks will work though. Do you live near an art supply store that sells individual Copic or Prismacolor markers? You could bring the wig and test colors, anything unsatisfactory can be removed with rubbing alcohol.
>>
File: mumen rider helmet.jpg (1MB, 3316x2060px) Image search: [Google]
mumen rider helmet.jpg
1MB, 3316x2060px
So I'm working on a Mumen Rider cosplay and I'm currently working on the helmet. But I don't know what I should use to smooth out the top? I was thinking milliput but I'm not sure if that would be to heavy suggestions?
>>
I placed an order from My Lolita Dress during Chinese New Year because I forgot it was happening and I still haven't heard back. It's been almost two weeks. I sent her an email but nothing. How long should I wait to hear back?
>>
>>8876223
I think I can find some copics but Manic Panic ironically dyes everything it touches though? My bathtub, bathroom sink, bedsheets, my hands... Shouldn't it work on wig too?
>>
>>8876241
I've ordered from there quite a few times, they are usually very quick to respond to messages. If she doesn't reply by Monday, I'd send another e-mail. The lady that runs that website is normally very accommodating and friendly. Might just be away, or your e-mail got lost in the CNY shuffle.

I'm currently waiting on a dress I pre-ordered from them. I'm being really patient because every other experience I've had was good.
>>
>>8876281
I was thinking that maybe CNY had something to do with it but I've read reviews and everyone says she very quick to respond like you say.
>>
>>8876261
Kanekalon (the most common wig fiber) was engineered to produce stain-resistant textiles, good luck. Maybe heat it while the dye is on it to improve the porosity. If the color has blue as a component, I find that the blue sticks more on synthetics, so greens come out turquoisey and purples come out blue.
(Also, re: staining after dyeing your own hair, use vinegar in the final rinse, it'll close the cuticle and keep the dye from crocking off onto your sheets.)

>>8876236
My only other suggestion would be Bondo, and I don't think that's any lighter than Milliput, and it's more obnoxious to smooth. Feather the edge of the plastic first so at least you don't have to use as much?
>>
File: 97390016.jpg (28KB, 340x512px) Image search: [Google]
97390016.jpg
28KB, 340x512px
How can I make this helmet?
I was thinking of getting a plastic, life-size batting helmet and adding clear, half circles for the eyes but every helmet I find has a huge, long bill.

Tips? What should I use as a base?
>>
>>8876346
Batting helmet has the ear things, get a coach's or catcher's helmet and remove the excess brim. Do you own or can you borrow a Dremel or a hacksaw? The helmets are made of plastic, it shouldn't be too difficult.
>>
>>8876369
I do have a dremel! Do you think I need to coat the helmet in something after I trim the brim just to make sure it's smooth and even?
>>
File: osananajimi.png (391KB, 600x872px) Image search: [Google]
osananajimi.png
391KB, 600x872px
Where could I find a wig like this? And does anyone have recommendations for orange contacts?
>>
File: $_35[2].jpg (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35[2].jpg
5KB, 300x300px
Looking for shoes exactly like these but very slight differences are OK. Although I keep finding only shoes with either blocky heel and pointed toe or stick heel and rounded toe, ect.
Any suggestions where to buy from?
I need them in about three weeks.
>>
File: grace.jpg (79KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
grace.jpg
79KB, 750x750px
>>8876541
They are a bit different, but would Crocs Grace heel be close enough? I bought some off of Amazon for less than $30 and find them to be pretty comfortable.
>>
>>8876541
they have some like this at Payless in their work shoes section (in the woman's section)
>>
how do i put a threaded insert into a dowel? i keep trying to slip it into the hole i made but it keeps slipping to the side and im not sure how to make it sturdy?
>>8876496
contacts
https://www.honeycolor.com/geo-starmish-brown
https://www.honeycolor.com/neo-dali-heart-brown
wig
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/long-clip-classic/
https://arda-wigs.com/shop/jaguar-classic/
>>
>>8876062
Mary Magdalene is too big for me at 5'1" and 90lbs. They've gone from modest to big.
>>
>>8876541
Is it for Tatsumaki?
>>
>>8875891
Well never mind. Found an ebay seller selling the exact thing I was looking for and for the same helmet.
>>
>>8876378
I vaguely remember an SCA armor tutorial for ABS (I think this is the plastic that baseball helmets are made of) recommending that cut edges be sanded and then heated with a lighter to tape the ensuing fuzziness,
>>
>>8876593
http://www.woodmagazine.com/materials-guide/fasteners/tips-on-using-threaded-inserts/
I can't understand what you mean by slipping to the side. You mean you drilled a hole for the insert and it won't go in, or you drilled the hole too big and it wiggles?
>>
>>8876849
Oh, that's a great idea.
Thank you for your help!
>>
>>8876593
Thanks for the contacts! As for the wig, the problem is that her hair does a weird gradient thing right at the end, and I was thinking I'd have to spray-dye a long blonde wig to get that effect.
>>
File: JunArishayama.png (199KB, 505x538px) Image search: [Google]
JunArishayama.png
199KB, 505x538px
Does anyone know the site that you can upload an image to and a certain length and it'll tell you what length a line you draw in the picture is in real life? Can't find it anymore.

Also, does anyone know of any good boots to make pic related out of? Or how? I was thinking to make the leg shins apart but I'm afraid the color will be off.
>>
>>8878188
Search for moc toe boots with a side zipper, that'll give you an accurate base for the foot Don't worry about color matching, I have a trick for you. The paint department at Home Depot/Lowes will be able to scan your jacket fabric on their paint machine and produce a little 4oz sample size of latex paint exactly tinted to match. Mix that paint with GAC-900 fabric painting medium, paint all of your shoe leather/pleather with it (sand the leather with it first), and then heat-set it with a hairdryer.
>>
File: tym8.gif (953KB, 499x250px) Image search: [Google]
tym8.gif
953KB, 499x250px
>>8878203
You are a god amongst men, thanks!
>>
File: kamina.jpg (15KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
kamina.jpg
15KB, 250x298px
So I'm going to try to do a Kamina cosplay for Sakura Con coming up in a little over a month on March 25th. I know that this is a little late of a start but with work I wasn't able to start working on this any earlier.

I'm probably going to have to just buy the pants, glasses, wig and belt since that would be easiest but I want to try to make the cape myself.

Body wraps and paint I could also do myself but if anyone has any recommendations on what specific kind of paint to use for the tattoos that would be cool.

Sword is something that I will make as well if time allows it but I'm not sure if that's realistic considering I have a month? I'm not sure let me know.

So I guess I'm wondering specifically where the best place would be to order a wig cause I'm willing to pay a little more so the quality doesn't look like crap and ruin the whole cosplay. The other items I can figure out I'm sure but if anyone has any suggestions I would be more than happy to hear them.
>>
>>8878300
Are you looking for it prestyled or are you styling it yourself? Either way, I suggest you look into lacefront wigs. Arda has good base wigs for these kind of things.

For the tatoos, you can check the archives because we had a tattoo thread not too long ago if I'm not mistaken. I believe body paint would work at well, if you have a friend who's good with it.
>>
File: kamina cosplay 2.jpg (336KB, 1024x1597px) Image search: [Google]
kamina cosplay 2.jpg
336KB, 1024x1597px
>>8878300
>>8878311
I don't have any experience styling wigs so if I can find a pre-styled one I would go for that but if it looks cheap I will just style one myself. My friend actually suggesting getting the Magnum Classic from Arda and styling it.

This is a pretty good wig I found someone styled for Kamina
>>
File: Arsenal.png (101KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Arsenal.png
101KB, 350x263px
I wanted to try a cosplay as Arsenal but I'm doing his YJ look with a semi-OC thing.

I was thinking of getting a red compression shirt linked here: http://cdn.opentip.com/Sports-Outdoors/Toptie-Mens-Compression-Top-Short-Sleeve-Compression-Shirt-p-5610889-FITV-DK78406_RED-L.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA3aW2BRCD_cOo5oCFuUMSJADiIMILYXhWsuy1oah4u9Rs40oKy0sY_gceRYFAk082tZVM3RoCIKXw_wcB

Wearing it with black BDU pants, boots, knee pads and a black utility belt with pouches. I've already got the bow lined up to get and the mask as well. Paint the knee and elbow pads red, wear either fingerless leather gloves with an archer arm guard or get one with gloves attached.

I was saving doing the robot arm for later.

Does this sound like a good idea?
>>
File: kamina cosplay 1.png (896KB, 533x758px) Image search: [Google]
kamina cosplay 1.png
896KB, 533x758px
>>8878300
>>8878313
So what are some good sites to find the rest of his outfit? As long as it can ship to the U.S. within 4 weeks it's fine. I just want to make sure the quality and fit are good cause for some reason a lot of sites that have premade cosplay costume items look baggy on a normal person or just like they aren't a very good fit.

And so is the cape doable for me to make myself in the time frame of a month or is it worth it just to order and spend the time making the sword replica instead?
>>
File: kamina with sword.jpg (57KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
kamina with sword.jpg
57KB, 500x372px
>>8878300
>>8878313
>>8878345
So from the looks of things I might just have to make my own pants.

Does anyone know any good tutorials for both the pants and the cape?
>>
>>8878188
you're looking for nifegun.com
>>
File: FMA greed and lust cosplay.jpg (239KB, 731x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FMA greed and lust cosplay.jpg
239KB, 731x1000px
Going to be cosplaying as Greed soon. I haven't done any sewing work and was wondering how hard it would be to make his vest myself? Is it better to just buy it online and if so what's a good place to get it from?
>>
File: wtx9jla.jpg (564KB, 2056x1604px) Image search: [Google]
wtx9jla.jpg
564KB, 2056x1604px
Hey everyone! I'm cosplaying Mako from Kill la Kill and bought a costume with the intentions of making some adjustments. I can't sew for shit.

The cap came looking like crap as expected, I'll switch the brim thingy for a more accurate and bigger one and was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to do the back part.

It looks dunno frayed on the anime? I'm not sure if just hacking at it and making it look torn would look good. Should I just leave it alone?

Thanks!
>>
Anyone have tips or product suggestions for covering up tattoos for Lolita and cosplay?
I've only seen it done badly and that's probably my fault for only knowing people who suck at covering their tattoos.
>>
File: hairhat.jpg (54KB, 620x440px) Image search: [Google]
hairhat.jpg
54KB, 620x440px
>>8878854
As you may know, Mako's outfit is a reference to this JoJo duder. I wouldn't bother roughing up the hat since it's something that just doesn't work irl.
>>
File: Nendoroid+Mako+Fight+Club+04[1].jpg (139KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Nendoroid+Mako+Fight+Club+04[1].jpg
139KB, 1200x1600px
>>8878854
>I'm not sure if just hacking at it and making it look torn would look good

it wont look good at all because the back of the hat isnt frayed, the spikes are part of the hat. so its not suppose to look like its ripped up or anything like that.
>>
>>8878904
I guess I didn't pay enough attention at his back, oh boy. Thanks!

>>8878908
Yeah, you were right, this kinda flew right through my head and I didn't even think of spikes, more of ripped pieces of hat.
Any idea on how to do them?
>>
File: Dog Collapse.gif (2MB, 417x174px) Image search: [Google]
Dog Collapse.gif
2MB, 417x174px
Hi, complete cosplay noob here, looking to get into cosplay.

Any ideas for simple characters to get me started, in a sense?

I can use a sewing machine so I'm not limited in that sense, more so I just don't want to pick something too daunting. All the characters I've thought of so far seemed easy at first glance, but then thinking deeper into it... Not so easy.

Any help would be much appreciated!
>>
>>8878328
NOPE. You're being lazy and you want asspats and approval, not help. Get out.

>>8878661
Greed's vest would actually be great as a first sewing project, the pattern is really simple and you can learn to attach bias tape (which shows up all the goddamn time in anime character designs). For the pattern, get a t-shirt, cut the sleeves off at seam, cut the bottom off where your ribs end, and cut a strip about the width of your hand out of the center front. Cut the remaining seams off. TADA, pattern. Trace it onto your black fabric (get tailor's chalk, it'll show up on the black), sew it. Google "bias tape tutorial" for the white trim. The pattern for the white fur collar will be something like a C or crescent moon. The fur fabric you should probably buy online so you want a nice one and don't need a full yard, check the craft materials section of Etsy. Only tip I have for fur is to trace and cut from the back side, so you can cut only the backing fabric and avoid cutting the pile (the "fur" part).

>>8878916
Do you like any series for which there are official yukata alt versions of the characters? Madoka, Haruhi, Evangelion, Fate/Stay Night, Vocaloid, Lucky Star (more, if you Google)? Easy pattern that's mostly long rectangles and straight seams, most of the fabrics have simple designs that are easy to stencil, and comfy for summer cons.
>>
>>8878960
>lazy and want asspats

Why don't you give out a better recommendation on what to do instead of jumping into the insult game?
>>
>>8878999
>a better recommendation
Not that anon, but if you don't want a bunch of anons jumping down your throat screaming "MUH ACCURACY" don't bother with adding OC-stuff to an established character. At best you'll have people who recognise the aspects of the original character and wonder why you changed it, at worst you'll have people who don't get it and shit on you for it, or who think crossover/AU-stuff is lame as fuck.

Personally I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>8879019
Fair enough, guess I'll save it for when I've got the time to get it down accurately. I was only gonna put it together since I had six weeks till my next con. I guess I'll just add onto what cosplays I have currently.
>>
File: Miku Wire.gif (1004KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Miku Wire.gif
1004KB, 500x281px
>>8878960
Many thanks! ^^
Madoka, Haruhi and Vocaloid sound good to me, had considered Miku but perhaps I'll try that a bit further down the line.

I shall look into yukatas and such, many thanks! :D
>>
File: Legend-of-the-NeverBeast-72.jpg (292KB, 457x864px) Image search: [Google]
Legend-of-the-NeverBeast-72.jpg
292KB, 457x864px
I am having a harder time than I think I should be figuring out what to do about this top. At first I was considering butchering a normal tanktop and maybe Frankensteining pieces over it (plus fabric painting it) for that "leaf wrap" look, but maybe I should go for a pattern instead...? I just have no idea how to properly make this top, gulls. Any ideas/pattern suggestions would be appreciated! I also have to make it sturdy enough to support my wings. (Gosh, this whole cosplay seems like it's gonna be a huge pain, but I've committed, so...)
>>
Im thinking of doing a chat noir suit, what material do you think would look the best , pleather or satin or spandex (like under armour )?
Any thoughts on the matter would be nice , (ive got all the accessories figured out )
>>
>>8879465
If you want the shirt to take the weight of your wings (it's the leverage that'll get you, not the overall weight), you should start by making a boned bodice with extra channels added for the wings (http://jiajem.com/tutorials/wings/ is a good tutorial for strapless wings). Then you can frankenstein your orange layers over the bodice and they'll look nice and wrap-y without shifting out of place.

>>8879499
Wet-look spandex. Glossy, but not bright-shiny-white-highlights like pvc fabrics, and more breathable.
>>
New thread >>8879741
>>
Would you consider the osomatsu brothers to have dark brown hair or natural black hair?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.