[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay pages on Facebook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: fb_icon_325x325.png (5KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
fb_icon_325x325.png
5KB, 325x325px
How do you think about it?
Personally I fucking hate people who makes one to post buyed cosplays or made it by other persons.

I want to see cool cosplays, not shitty buyed on internet.
>>
>>8844518
Some people just use it as a way to stay in contact with people while still keeping their personal facebook private.

I'd only create one if I considered cosplay more of a job than a hobby, personally.
>>
It is a way to keep personal facebook private and a cosplay fanpage for people who really just want to follow them for cosplay.

I personally do not have one and feel a lot of pressure from friends to get one. I honestly don't see the appeal in some random creeper I don't want following me on Facebook to know what I do every con on a "fan page".
>>
>>8844550
OP here.
Same.
>>
>>8844518
I have one to keep my cosplay stuff dissociated with my personal account for employability reasons.
>>
>>8844550
Yeah, I've been thinking about making one since all my cosplay friends have it and it's a way to keep in touch.
Everytime someone snaps a pic of me at a con they ask me what's my Facebook page and I'm met with disbelief when I say I don't have one.

But I'd feel very uncomfortable with thisty otakus commenting on my pics and this kinda stuff.
>>
>>8844569
If it's just for friends/photographers to tag you and you don't plaster it everywhere, you'll probably end up with 1k followers tops and avoid the thirsty otaku comments. I'm sitting at 800 followers and aside from getting private messaged by this sort of guy occasionally, I have no issues with them commenting on my actual page.
>>
>>8844518
> buyed
>>
>>8844601
English is not everyone's first language, anon.
>>
>>8844518
>not shitty buyed on internet

i think they're fine i'd start one but eh cosplay is a fun side hobby it doesn't seem neccesary
>>
>>8845648
Only for fun then why do you make a facebook page?
>>
The reasons I see most often is to give people somewhere to contact you w/o having to give them your personal info/friend them back, and I just use instagram for that. Unless you need a page to legit PROMOTE yourself 'cause you're doing workshops, guest appearances, selling prints, etc., Facebook isn't really worth it.
>>
>>8844518
Jesus Christ anon, where does all this saltiness come from?
>>
>>8845711
This. I rarely have guest apperance but I do panels by myself and with friends. I sometimes even perform when the opportunity comes knocking. Alot of people ask if I have a Facebook page they can use to give credit (Especially photogs), to keep in touch, or simply because they liked what I did and want to know when I will be doing it again. There's nothing wrong with having one if you are constantly involved in the community.
>>
I like having one to put my progress photos & finished photos. It's also nice to have since people will use that to tag photos from FB rather then my personal page. Though honestly now a days I've let some cosplay stuff bleed onto there so my family can see it. My personal page tends to be more family/people I keep in contact or want to keep in contact with.
>>
>>8844518
I want nice pics, whether the costume is bought or made is not relevant.
But damn anon, that salt. Did your page not get enough attention?
>>
>>8844528
Stop
>>
File: salty.jpg (24KB, 368x834px) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
24KB, 368x834px
>>8844518
>>
>>8845662
So I don't feel bad when I reject random people in the anime community who want to be my facebook friend so they can see my cosplay pics.
>>
I ended up making one because people at cons kept asking me for it and didn't seem interested in knowing me personally. It serves it's purpose, I guess, but I end posting a lot of pictures to both accounts.
>>
>>8845662
Because I like to take and edit cosplay pics as well as showing my progress and stuff with everyone, and its just easy to get it organized and away from personal life
>>
I hate when I'm following a cosplayer for fap material and I have to scroll past a bunch of feminist bullshit posts.

Keep your cosplay and personal accounts seperate please.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.