[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Socks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: socks .jpg (322KB, 505x751px) Image search: [Google]
socks .jpg
322KB, 505x751px
I love socks, socks are probably my favourite part of j-fash so lets have a good old fashion sock thread.

>How many socks do you have?
>Where do you get most of your socks? Brand/taobao/tutu anna/off brand ect.
>Who is your favourite brand for socks?
>How often do you buy new socks just for a coord?
>Do you try to buy socks that will match with multiple items of your wardrobe?
>have you ever brought a main piece just because you like the socks form the release?
>do you have a dream pair of socks?
>>
too many, probably 60 pairs specifically for lolita altogether
half is brand and the other half is taobao
ap socks are pretty stretchy as are aatp socks
not that often, but every time i buy new socks i try to make sure they go with what i already have
yes
>have you ever brought a main piece just because you like the socks form the release?
no
bidding on a pair now, but if i get them then i'll own all my 'must have' socks
>>
Around 30-40 pair I think? Far too many for the size of my wardrobe.
>Where do you get most of your socks?
Brand/taobao/tutu anna/off brand ect.
The vast majority is Angelic Pretty. There's some other brands in there too but no taobao or so. A haul isn't worth it with the crazy customs my country charges.
Innocent World actually, or Baby. Their socks are a slightly better length on me than the AP ones I have and they don't slide down as much.
Occasionally, but most of my dresses are simpler prints or oldschool, so a lot of socks match them.
I try, but it's not my priority.
This years lucky pack, actually. I wanted the black set but I ended up buying the pink because I wanted the pink socks.
I'd love to have the Vanilla-chan socks, but I've kinda given up on them.
>>
around 50 including non lolita socks, around half of that are lolita appropriate and only 11 are brand.
All of my brand socks bar one are ap, I have ordered a few from mufish and want to get more from them. I picked up some from Tutuanna when I was in Japan and might do a big order from them soon. For anyone in aus cotton on usually have cute pairs and on occasion thigh highs that work for casual j fash and sometimes otome, dangerfeild too, they both tend to be a bit shorter than you would want for ankle socks though.
ap are great because I wear sweet so they suit my wardrobe the best and have interesting designs, but I am fat so they get stretched out easily. I have one Emily Temple cute pair that are super stretchy so I may look into getting more in the future.
I very rarely buy socks with a coord in mind because I just fall in love with socks so easily.
Sort of, but I am obsessed with brown socks even though I only have one brown main piece, which still has the tags on.
>have you ever brought a main piece just because you like the socks from the release?
No but if I was more financially comfortable probably.
I'd love to own the sugar fairy crew length socks in both pink and yellow.
>>
Too many to count, but for lolita exclusively probably only 8
offbrand/replica make up the bulk
I love AP and IW the most for socks but I just can't often justify it
Very rarely, often will buy new tights because you can find all sorts of affordable but interesting designs online
Always
No
Yes, but by the time I can justify buying them all the second hand pairs will be very gross and worn.
>>
I was thinking my 28 pairs were a little excessive, but after reading this thread I think I have an excuse to buy more.
>>
2 pairs...
I don't buy socks anymore since I've switched to wearing tights
Used to be IW
never
no
no
No, I'm more of a tights person
>>
>>8836161
>how many socks do you have
8 pairs for now but as my wardrobe is still pretty small (6 mainpieces) it is ok.
>where do you get them
Most are IW but I have two meta pairs
>What is your favorite brand for socks?
IW, they are really strong and I never made an hole in any, even when wearing them all the time
>how often do you buy new socks
I haven't bought any lately because I stick to colors and theme in my wardrobe so I always buy mainpieces that can be worn with some of my actual socks, but I have had a lot of trouble to restain myself from getting the Chess Emblem Red socks as I got the dress which is literally my dream dress.
>Do you try to buy socks that will match multiple items in your wardrobe?
Overall, yes. But sometimes there are really interesting designs that match nothing I own and I just tell myself to fuck all that and buy them for wearing them with normie clothes.
>have you ever bought a mainpiece just because you liked the socks from the same serie
No. But I could understand doing that.
>Do you have a pair of dream socks?
Honestly I try my best to tell myself that brands always do similar designs and that I could find some that look alike the ones I like later, because something about wearing socks secondhand bothers me. So no.

To be fair I like thigts much more but I have pretty huge thighs so brand ones don't fit me and I find it harder to find ones with interesting designs. So I usually wear a pair of offbrand ones under OTK.
>>
Where can I find some extra long thigh-highs? My calves are fuckin' huge and most of them I find can barely go above my knee.
>>
Girls with larger thighs, where do you get cute thigh high stockings?

I know sock dream carried the extraordinary thigh highs, but those are socks

I'm looking for stockings
Lacey ones or fishnet ones in particular
>>
>>8839834
sock dreams carries stockings as well
>>
7 or 8 pairs
Angelic Pretty
Angelic Pretty
Matching socks in sweet lolita is a must for me, so I always get them or the tights when buying a dress.
Nope. I will buy socks with the sole purpose of some day getting the main piece for it.
Nope.
The pairs that go with my dream dresses like Sweet Cream House and Day Dream Carnival.

OP, we are alike. I am a lolita-sock-lover as well.
>>
File: OTKS-Floral.jpg (150KB, 613x409px) Image search: [Google]
OTKS-Floral.jpg
150KB, 613x409px
17 knee-high or OTK pairs with patterns, a few plain lace topped pairs and lots of misc. ankle socks.
Primarily brand for OTKs or anything with a pattern (they stretch/fit better and are more comfortable) and ankle socks primarily ebay.
Innocent World and Metamorphose make my favourite OTKS, though to be fair the only other brands I've tried were AP and Baby/AATP and they weren't bad or anything, just not quite as nice.
Yep, I'm all for versatility. But my wardrobe is primarily floral anyway and nearly everything matches with brown so yeah.
Haha nope!
Not exactly a dream pair, but I eventually want to have a pair of OTKS to match each of my main pieces. Not necessarily the same series (again, florals) but just something that goes. I ahve something that goes with nearly everything but I have a few little gaps.

Attached are my floral socks. Need more.
>>
>>8840383
Forgot to answer one:
Rarely, though the ivory ones with the blue/pink pattern in the above pic were bought to match two specific dresses.
>>
6 pairs (+1 pair of tights that I never wear), not including my normfag socks.
Angelic Pretty. All about that burando.
AP
I've only bought two pairs of socks for one coord, so not often.
Yes because I have a small wardrobe (6 main pieces) and I try to buy socks that I can use with my limited wardrobe. Only downside to having a small wardrobe is that you can only come with so many coords with limited choices.
No.
No, I am trying to find Sugar Hearts OTK's in white. Maybe some day, though- I'm not really actively looking anymore since my style is shifting more towards gyaru and I haven't bought anything lolita-related in months.
>>
File: hosanna.jpg (66KB, 570x419px) Image search: [Google]
hosanna.jpg
66KB, 570x419px
Not enough.
Aliexpress, normie shops
Grimoire
Twice a year
Yes
Nope. I prefer to mix and match. I try to avoid multiple set pieces.
Yes. Pic related. My country's exchange rate is garbage right now, so I'm not all that keen on blowing $85 for one pair of socks or tights. Especially when I have a shitty foot problem that ruins socks easily. When they're 10-15 bucks a pop, I don't mind.
>>
>>8840529
the tights/socks in that picture, do you have sauce? they are gorgeous
>>
>>8840753
O+S=
They have shopfronts on etsy, storenvy, taobao, pinkoi, etc. This is actually the least colourful of their designs, they have a lot of fun and interesting ones. This particular design is called Hosanna in the Highest.
>>
I saw mention of Tutuanna. How do you order from them if you're not JP? Unless you use a shopping service.
>>
30-40 lolita related. I have a nicely sized wardrobe(25 main pieces), but I still find I have multiple options with each main piece.
99% brand, but I won a sock lot of about 20 pairs of mostly unworn socks last year on mbok for about $40. I didn't keep them all, but a lot of them are from that. others come from LPs, unworn secondhand, and brand sales.
I really like how long and stretchy Meta's OTKs are. they never feel tight and they never sit on a weird spot too close to my knee cap like some OTKs do.
usually I don't. I usually just luck out in an LP or buy pairs that will suit a lot in my wardrobe from local swap meets. But so far it's all been chance. I didn't even know what or how many pairs would be in the sock lot I mentioned above.
Yep! If it doesn't match with at least two main pieces in my wardrobe I don't consider it. but I'll sometime break that rule if I really like them or have a very strong idea for a coord that would be improved by the addition of those socks.
no, but I've definitely though about it. but usually if i like the socks, it's because I like the print. not the other way around.
I regret not buying the dozing cat socks, but I wasn't very in love with the colors. Maybe if they were different colors. It'll probably haunt me later. I super regret not getting the jewel leopard tights when they were on sale because now I have the JSK and those tights were super cute.
>>
>>8839834
Yeah I'm guilty of being mostly sockdreams for otks and thigh highs. I just wish they had diagonal striped socks. And in pastels. I'd probably buy one in every color.
>>
File: 20150528_204430.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150528_204430.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
My babies <3
>>
How does everyone keep the bottom of their socks clean? No matter how careful I am, the bottom of my socks somehow always end up dirty...
>>
>>8849153
wash your feet and clean the inside of your shoes
also drink more water
>>
>>8849172
how do you clean the insides of your shoes?
>>
>>8849174
Wipe them down with a dry cloth after you've worn them for some time and spray them with antibacterial/odor-control stuff every other wear or so
It's kind of arbitrary when I do it but my feet sweat more in the summer or when I've gotten really nervous/upset so it's just whenever
>>
Why has the quality of AP's socks gone down so much in recent years?

I own two pairs of their older (2013) socks, and they're awesome, fit over my calves and over my knees easily, no pattern distortion, all good. I bought a pair of just generic rose pattern mint socks from them this year and they don't stretch at all, squeeze my calves to hell, and won't even go over my knees. They're horrible. What happened?
>>
13, i need more. I have an obsession with socks.
Offbrand from physical shops, aliexpress/ebay, i would like to buy brand socks but i can't shell much for brand new socks, i fear to buy used socks.
Yes, i buy socks that match with most stuff.
>have you ever brought a main piece just because you like the socks form the release?Not yet.
Not really just one pair but i would like to buy MMM crossed ribbon socks, AP strawberry themed pairs or bears/bows/polkadots and BTSSB old school lace otks. I love ankle transparent socks but these are so delicate to buy brand so i stick with Aliexpress ones.
>>
Does anyone know how good the stretch is on AP's more tight-like socks, (the ones like Dolly Cat or Magic Princess)? Rather than the standard socks? I am super tall and none of their otks i've ever bought have fit me over the knee.
>>
>>8850082
How tall are we talking, anon? I own the Dolly Cat socks, I could try seeing how far they'll stretch.

Of course your foot size is going to play a factor too.
>>
File: IMG_20160205_212804_-871822359.jpg (54KB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160205_212804_-871822359.jpg
54KB, 350x349px
>>8849153
you know those little socks they sell for wearing with flats (pic related)? i'll slip those on over any nice socks i worried about messing up before i put on my shoes

excessive? probably. but it works!
>>
>>8850095
I'm 6'1 :'(

I don't honestly think they'll work. I'm a giant with relatively muscular legs. But a bitch can dream, right? I had a pair of baby socks that were similar and they worked pretty well though.
>>
>>8850248
lol I was about to post the same thing. It might make your foot warmer but J definitely recommend it! It's honestly less work and still a handy way to keep your socks clean. I also nake absolutely sure my feet are clean before i put on my socks. I'm a bad nervous sweater so I sorta need to go to these lengths.
>>
>>8850259
What's your leg-torso ratio? You could have a lot more length in your upper body and fit well into OTKs.

Though if standard socks don't work most likely tighter ones won't too.
>>
>>8850248
I do the same thing with shoes (although mine aren't pretty lace, just plain beige or black nylon), and use trainer socks or short ankle socks with boots for a little more coverage. This tactic saved my ivory IW socks yesterday when it was raining out. My slightly damp boots left a black mark but only on the trainer socks which cost next to nothing and can be machine washed easily.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.