[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY lolita sewing channels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1450961457912.jpg (76KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
1450961457912.jpg
76KB, 600x899px
What are some /cgl/ approved sewing youtube channels? Also channels for absolute beginners at sewing.
>>
I think we all know about Yumi King by now- most of them are pretty much terrible and a pain to watch, but the bloomers one is kinda pretty. There's also Attitude Lolita, which I like better.
>>
>>8829022
is yumi king considered bad?
>>
>>8830837
Yep.
>>
>>8830847
oh didn't know, newfag at sewing and making lolita. saw her during my research on channels.
>>
>>8830837
If you can't even tell if Yumi King is considered bad or not, you need to do waaayyy more research.
>>
>>8829022
I like attitude lolita, but her explanations are way too long. I wish she'd cut them down a bit or try voiceover. I can never make it though her videos.
>>
>>8828502
There's a German lolita who has done sewing tutorials (in English), Mims Lang.
>>
Just learn how to sew, then apply that knowledge to lolita clothing.
>>
>>8831736
Tbh this is the right answer. If you can make a sundress and you know how to ruffle you can make a Lolita dress. Some Lolita garments are complex and difficult to make but in general if you understand the aesthetic all you need are beginner sewing skills and enough patience to add all the finishings that are necessary.
>>
So who are the worst youtube sewing channels to avoid?
>>
>>8835742
Yumi King
>>
>>8831367
You do know that youtube has a fastforward feature right?
You can watch videos 1.25x, 1.5x or 2x in speed (also slow them down)
>>
I wish we could get free bodice patterns that are suitable for lolita. Anyone knows about one? I wish i could pay for whatever simplicity pattern, but i can't use my credit card on the internet because of country restrictions...
>>
I started a channel on sewing, but I'm really bad at editing and my videos aren't that good.

If I ever improve enough, I'll post the link here. I don't even have much content yet, but if you seagulls have any cool ideas, I'd like to hear them!
>>
>>8837964
I'd love to see it soon! Good luck.
>>
>>8837964
good luck!
>>
>>8835742
Avoid the ones that sound retarded and make their jsks/skirts too short and you'll be fine.
>>
>>8831359
only recently she started to use less hot glue on things. Her method alone is of poor technique
>>
>>8838520
The fact she sews most of the garment and then applies the lace-ruffles and just calculates everything "by eye" it's what disturbs me the most. The skirts are short too, but that's easily fixable.
>>
>>8839179
All of her lace is those Walmart spools where you get like 10 yards for $3 or whatever so it's not like she's in danger of running out in the middle of a tutorial.
>>
Does anybody know of an easier way to draft a JSK pattern? And how much fabric (on average) I would need?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8843245
draft a bodice with a rectangle skirt. use your pattern to determine how much fabric you need.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.