[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wig thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: dds.jpg (53KB, 468x700px) Image search: [Google]
dds.jpg
53KB, 468x700px
What shops are definitely having black friday and/or cyber monday sales?
>>
>>8735162
your mom
>>
>>8735162
Anyone know where I can get a good ringlet style wig?
>>
>>8735162
Lockshop isn't having a black friday sale this year.
>>
>>8735186
Who said they were?
>>
>>8735186
>free advertising and tricking people into browsing her shitty wig shop
>>
>>8735316
I have never owned a lock ship wig, but how is the quality? I've only ever seen shit spoken about GLW, but never lock shop
>>
>>8735322
Quality varies. The mermaid wig I got from them is too soft/fine and tangles more than any other wig I own. The top wefts are also very thin and not super well done.

Most negative reviews of lockshop are for their service rather than the wig quality, though.
>>
>>8735322
They tangle like crazy and the wig caps are quite small. I like them otherwise though.

Some people have problems with the service or Nina herself though, so take that how you will.
>>
>>8735162
Arda is, I'm hoping to grab a Nina in onyx so I can replace my Amazon wig kek
>>
>>8735322
I love mine. It's soft and doesn't tangle too much. Pretty thick too
>>
>>8735322
I have Angelic Mocca and it's alright, it's a little coarse and does get frizzy/tangle but it's very easy to brush out since it doesn't have tight curls. I like them over GLW.
>>
does Wig is Fashion normally do black Friday sales?
>>
>>8736418
has wigisfashion even been around since last black friday? i feel like they're still a pretty new thing, relatively speaking
>>
> That feel when you can choose between getting a wig discount or free shipping.

I chose the shipping, so bought my wigs before any hypothetical sale. Such bullshit that it doesn't factor in the initial costs, calculate whether you hit the free shipping point, and THEN apply the discount. It always feels like I'm getting penalized for wanting sale prices.
>>
>>8736434
They've been around since 2010
>>
>>8735352
>wig caps are quite small
aw shit, i need some nice casual wigs and thought i'd take a chance on them but even with all my hair super flattened and pincurled i need close to an arda sized wig cap for things not to sit weirdly on me
any recs for shops that might have average to large caps and decently natural looking choices for casual/daily wear anyone?
>>
>>8736441
huh shit, really? i never heard of them before late 2014 somehow
>>
>>8736418
iirc in previous years they just do a sitewide 10% off
>>
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cut a Sonico wig? I don't just want the one strip that's shorter than the others, I actually want it to come down into a point.

I know this should be simple, but I already destroyed my first wig.
>>
>>8735162
Lock shop wigs are garbage and over priced. I threw out my straight grey wig from them after wearing it a grand total of 4 times. The ends got horribly tangled and frizzy.
>>
>>8736442
Yeah, forget Lockshop if you have a lot of hair or a big head.
A friend of mine has bought a really nice wig from g-kyouko on taobao, but I can't vouch for them since I have never bought from there. If you are planning to wear them daily, you'd be better off getting a nice human hair wig anyway.
>>
Just saw this on fb:
>We are having a Black Friday Sale!!! Friday, November 27th at midnight to Monday, November 30th, 2015 at 11:59PM CST.

>This sale will take place on our shopify ONLY
store.lolitacollective.com

>25% off all Lockshop wigs and tights
>>
Jjfhd
>>
>>8736651
>>
>>8736651
>>8737642
>>8737646
.....u ok there bro
>>
How do I enter a promo code on Gothic Lolita Wigs? They're doing a black out sale and would love to get a new wig!
>>
>>8739063
Ignore me I'm a fucking idiot
>>
>>8736443
They were a eBay only thing. Recently moved to their own website so
>>
File: wiiigs.png (773KB, 781x620px) Image search: [Google]
wiiigs.png
773KB, 781x620px
I bought a couple of lockshop wigs (sylph, bohemian) from the lolita collective sale. pic related. I bought 2 wigs directly from them previously. the actual wigs are pretty nice, I like them a lot so hoping I will like these ones too. the bohemian wig looks really pretty.
>>
Splurged and got another GLW, possibly for ILD, I'm not sure
>>
>>8735186
lolita collective is having a sale on their lockshop wigs tho
>>
are there any places that sell dip dyed wigs? Not ones that have separate wefts for a different colour, but ones that actually look like dip dyed hair?
>>
>>8742871
seconding, but also for short ombre styles. the ones i find are so long that the gradient effect will be lost when trimmed.
>>
>>8742871
I should be more clear - I'm looking for a brown to blue fade. It's for my little sister, she wants to dip dye her hair but she's too young
polite sage for ot
>>
>>8742930

Have you looked into hair chalk? It will probably be cheaper, and you wouldn't need to worry about her tangling or ruining a wig. It'd also be more comfortable, and it'd be kind of like dying ones hair to a kid, so she'd get the fun aspect of it. You would need to help her, so there's some sibling bonding right there too.

Knowing little kids too, she'll be bored with her blue hair pretty quickly. You could get lots of different colour chalks so you're not buying another wig in a weeks time.
>>
>Arda processing times increased to 12-15 days

Ugh come on.
>>
>>8743913
thank you anon! I managed to find a fairly cheap wig on aliexpress, I dont think she'll care if it doesnt look natural, but I'll look into hair chalk in case she doesn't use/like the wig. She's wanted blue dip dyed hair since she was 8, she's 12 now so I'm hoping she'll appreciate this. Thanks for the hair chalk idea!
sorry for all the ot
>>
>>8744529

No problem anon, and don't worry about going ot, I think hair chalk is similar enough that people won't mind.

The great thing about hair chalk, besides her been able to change the colour at a whim, is that she could go nuts and have multiple colours at one time. Even different shades of blue perhaps.

I'd look for reviews first, as some are shit and either won't stay on the hair, or are very dull.
>>
Today I received a lovely curly wig. But is really fucking horrible brush it. I don't want to lose the curls, what can I do?
>>
>>8735162
Not sure if it's worth a review, but I bought the Arda Silky Nina in Cappuccino. The color is a very warm, light brown. Almost reddish but not quite, in a very natural pretty way. The texture is great and the shine is not so bad on this color at least, the color blend is very natural. The bangs are pretty thick and blunt, but they don't look very good on my forehead so I may need to sweep them to the side or section them on my forehead, which is kind of a shame. But I really like it.
>>
Okay so I know this question has probably come up a lot, but if you could recommend one wig for everyday wear (aka must look as natural as possible) what would you recommend?
>>
I really wouldn't buy Lockshop wigs. The owner likes to shit on her customers and not ship her wigs out in proper time. All of her wigs in recent years are really ratty and shed like crazy. I really recommend Arda instead.
>>
>>8744578
Gabalnara has my vote, many natural looking synthetic wigs
>>
>>8745190
to add to your comment, I would make sure your Gabalnara wigs are either long enough or short enough not to end on your shoulders. I've had three Gabalnara wigs over the years that are shoulder length, and all of them ended up looking fried/frizzy quickly at the ends because of constantly rubbing on my clothes, coats, etc. The short and longer ones still look fine after the same amount of wears.
>>
>>8745244
All my Gabalnara wigs got really frizzy after a couple wears and I thought it was just me not knowing advanced wig care.
>>
>>8744619
Not that anon but last I checked Arda is shit too. I trashed mine they were so useless, the ponytail fell apart right when I opened the bag. Waste of money imo.
>>
File: Daisy_3.png (372KB, 760x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Daisy_3.png
372KB, 760x1013px
Any suggestions for a base Daisy wig?

Also help on tutorials on how to get the shape right? Been searching but some of what I've found have meh results.
>>
ITT: Everyone's wigs suck, there is no winning
>>
GLW's wigs used to be so, so good back in 2012. I'm really disappoint with them now.

I just ordered a dreamholic wig, hopefully it will come in the mail soon. Maybe even before ILD! (A girl can dream, right?)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone wanted a little review when it comes in? Let me know if you're interested.
>>
>>8745402
>ponytail literally fell apart

I get that there's exaggeration, anon, but jeeze
>>
>>8745694
I have yet to be disappointed with Dream Holic
>>
>>8744546
I have a curly wig that likes to tangle in the very back. I use my fingers to brush it out or I take a very wide toothed brush and very gently brush the area that gets knotted.
>>
>Arda sucks
>Lockshops sucks
>GLW quality is down
where the fuck you supposed to buy wigs?
>>
>>8746475
Wigisfashion.
>>
>>8745682
Pls respond
>>
>>8746497
Literally google puffy bangs or anime bangs. There are a ton of tutorials out there if you look, but I like this one for general volume how tos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgKmfqHUvI
>>
>>8746516
Thanks anon.

How should I do the bottom? Is there a way to do it with the same technique? I am thinking of getting an arda wig because I've heard they're the best for teasing. Any suggestions for the color?
>>
>>8746475
Honestly I would argue Arda does not always suck, it's a wig by wig basis. For me personally Lockshop is a no go and GLW always seemed mediocre.
>>
jesus Lockshop has terrible service
>>
>>8746709
so are there any good wig places besides wigisfashion anymore?
>>
>>8746709
Arda in Dark copper red
>>
>>8752531
Did you even read the thread ffs?
>>
I feel really stupid for asking this but does anyone here wear wigs when they go to school/work etc? My hair is dyed blue but sometimes I think it'll be fun to wear one of my cosplay wigs to have pink or red hair or something for a day, but I feel like such a weeb wanting this.
>>
You don't hear much about Cyperous wigs, presumably because they're more expensive, though they're meant to be good. Anyone have experience with them?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.