[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Ever Happened To... General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_mai8pjEdLD1qhs3nso7_500.jpg (34KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mai8pjEdLD1qhs3nso7_500.jpg
34KB, 467x700px
Discuss styles or trends that have disappeared within J-fash.

What on earth happened to Dolly-kei? Last I heard the popular shopgirls left Grimoire, but then a lot of their vintage stock suddenly became normie-tier, and I've heard little to nothing about the style in ages. Did it really rise and fall that quickly?
>>
>>8701216
I would love to wear Dolly Kei but it's the hardest Jfashion for me to figure out ugh
>>
If only cgl were so interesting
>>
How would I search for dolly kei and cult party kei things on aliexpress?
>>
File: 20151016_1199498.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20151016_1199498.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
Dolly-kei as an elaborate multi-layered style became more toned down until it pretty much became general vintage fashion with perhaps a Japanese style twist - if you look at the more recent grimoire store events, the people are wearing relatively simple vintage clothing often with a whimsical and girly type look.So in a nutshell it didn't so much die as was slowly absorbed.

Grimoire still has its cool as fuck tights etc, for what it's worth.
>>
>>8701583
Snaps from the Grimoire 7th Anniversary Party 18 Jul 2015, no dolly to be seen:

http://asbs.jp/english/interview.php?id=732
>>
File: CHMQRb1UkAA-23_.jpg (77KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
CHMQRb1UkAA-23_.jpg
77KB, 600x431px
>>8701587
one dolly-kei ish girl in this photo perhaps(?), this is out of the 100+ photos I've seen from the event though.
>>
>>8701599
People were wearing more elaborate costumey outfits because it was an anniversary, so it's like looking at prom photos and saying that it's weird there are no people dressed in more toned down clothes.
>>
I honestly feel like Heri's personal style was the one that Grimoire started out emulating (and what came to be loved in the west). Once Heri left, that version of dolly kei died. I wonder if Kaori ever even had the interest in that style herself.
>>
>>8701621
yeah I get that but if you look at photos from outside the store where they have special discount events or whatever, you still don't see dolly-kei; not to mention they have put on evening 'posh' type dos in the past and there were dolly-kei takes on evening looks back then.
>>
>>8701583
That's sort of sad though, I liked Dolly-kei as it was, but I guess it's not the end of the world. Glad they're still making the tights.
>>
>>8701599
Formal event aside it just looks like it evolved and blended with something else. Some of it is still there with the headdresses, materials and colors. The stuff I see on their twitter looks very otome.
>>
What happened to cult party?
>>
>>8704744
It's not as popular sadly, but there's still a cpk thread
>>
>>8701220
It's just traditional european clothing, nothing hard to figure out.
>>
>>8704744
It's more of an summer fashion in the first place, it always disappears starting from fall and comes back in spring. Etsuna Otsuka still makes plenty designs and events related to it, it also seems to have fused with nymphet fashion (Swankiss and so on).
>>
>>8705317
I'm really saddened by the fusion of larme and cult party
>>
Ero became popular again for five seconds and then vanished. Unpopular opinion, but I miss it.
>>
>>8705406
SAMEEEEE
>>
>>8705400
Me too. I have absolutely no love for larme at all, with cpk at least I could get into the flowy layered look of it.
>>
>>8705440
cpk is so much more special to me than larme. larme is just so stereotypically nymphet it grosses me out
>>
>>8705440
I don't think cpk fused with Larme. Maybe in the Western scene, but Larme has more in common with gyaru than cpk. The elabotate vintage fashions like dolly kei and cult party kei seem to have become really toned down to the point of looking pretty much normie.
>>
>>8705400
They didn't fuse though, they each exist independently from one and other, it's just that most westerners who were cult party crazy were just bandwagoners/trend jumpers who have typically jumped onto the next bandwagon and now everyone thinks cult party kei is dead. If anything, many of the girly and whimsical elements of those who wore cult party styles exist in Larme; that magazine was a reflection of and reaction to street trends presented in an art book way.

>>8705449
I'm guessing you don't actually know what Larme is if you think it's just "stereotypically nymphet".
>>
>>8705449
nymphet fashion is way more sexual than larme. i've always saw larme as taking the essense of that fashion, but way more mature. It's like an interesting mix of general asian fashion, with a bit of nymphet, and that whole "wear cute socks!!" movement that was popular in western fashion earlier this year
>>
>>8705440
I like idea of larme, but late stuff looks just...bad. In old-lady-with-no-style bad
>>
>>8705613
Where are these stylin' old ladies you keep seeing anon? I need some tips.
>>
>>8705449
What are you talking about. You clearly don't know what larme is or you are really confused.
>>
File: 08c4f1.jpg (154KB, 736x1094px) Image search: [Google]
08c4f1.jpg
154KB, 736x1094px
>>8710469
whist I don't entirely agree with that anon, certain larme looks are pretty nymphet-like in places I must admit. They did run articles inspired by the 1997 movie too but they seemed more focused on the cute clothing than say, 'look coquettish for men' type crap. It's certainly not what larme is all about though.
>>
>>8705440
Larme is cute, but
it's way too normie in my opinion. My school outfits already looked like that, and I don't find pencil skirts with peplum/apron hybrids sewn on particularly interesting.
>>
>>8710496
Yes, because Larme is exclusively just peplums and pencil skirts. To be honest, I wish there were more people as clueless about Larme as you and the others in this thread, who didn't bother with what they perceive is Larme, then we would have less cringey, way off the mark crap in Larne tags. Stick to ott kawaii uguu vomit I guess?
>>
>>8711047
Wow, so butthurt over people having their own views on a fashion.
>>
You guys get really assmad over larme and what people think larme is. Its not that serious, guys. It'll be the trend for a year then fade into obscurity like cpk and dolly-kei.
>>
>>8705470
Larme looks like it takes a few pages out of the motekei playbook. Not 100%, but more than some other popular Jfashions.
>>
>>8711081
I don't see anyone "Ass-mad" here. Also Larme has been around for about 2 years, so if you mean the bandwagoners will drop it then you're probably right and that will be a good thing.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.