[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a NOPE thread? Post what makes you feel NOPE. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 30

File: ManOWartentacles.jpg (137KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
ManOWartentacles.jpg
137KB, 640x468px
Can we have a NOPE thread? Post what makes you feel NOPE.

This thing does it for me, agonizing poison, very long tentacles, and it likes to latch onto you too.
>>
2 girls 1 cup
>>
>>2476
>this was the most hardcore and disgusting thing i saw in my life the first time i saw it
>now it's not even hardcore anymore
Things can scale up pretty bad.
>>
File: ocean-10.jpg (78KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
ocean-10.jpg
78KB, 750x545px
Really big fish and whales. Deep water or water you can't see the bottom of. Pics like this are horrifying
>>
>>2477
It wasn't that bad for me when I saw it the first time, I thought it was funny. I was eleven.
>>
>friend sends me a clickbait article about how scientists accidentally brought on the surface some marine animal "last seen 100 years ago!" and immediately froze it and cut to pieces oh noes
>it's a tiny slime that lives in depths and thus is hard to learn about both because it's expensive to dive this far and because our low pressure annihilates the thing
laughed, noped
>>
File: seaweed_motion.gif (19KB, 256x245px) Image search: [Google]
seaweed_motion.gif
19KB, 256x245px
>>2478
I think that is just a lot of seaweed cought in a wave.
But i still get that this scares you. I get the creeps everytime i feel or walk in a patch of seaweed where i can't see what's around my feet.
>>
File: qGDrXym.jpg (312KB, 1000x465px) Image search: [Google]
qGDrXym.jpg
312KB, 1000x465px
I don't know why this gets to me so much but something about giant patches of seaweed is just horrifying.
>>
>>2481
I avoid stepping on seaweed as much as possible ever since i stepped on a sea-urchin.
>>
>>2481
It's scary because apparently it's super easy to get wrapped up and drown.
>>
>>2484

for me it's scary because for a split second it looks like a scary tentacle monster, and my animal brain briefly enters fight or flight mode until it gets overruled.
>>
File: 1420794174413.jpg (1MB, 1280x821px) Image search: [Google]
1420794174413.jpg
1MB, 1280x821px
>>
File: 1420856781430.jpg (330KB, 2033x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1420856781430.jpg
330KB, 2033x1350px
>>
>>2475
anything that lays eggs under your skin, like botflies.

don't even want to look for a pic to post, and now will never come back to this thread because I know one of you fucks will post one.
>>
>>2488
>as an anon randomly posts botflyeggs.jpg in threads on various boards.
:-)
>>
>>2488

I saw a vid of those. It was the only thing on the internet that actually haunted me for about 2 months.

>>2487
>>2486

I wish I knew what I was seeing.

The first reverse search just indicates a wave. Its hard to discern the angle.

I guess waves can be scary. I was at the beach a while back and while in the ocean, did notice that uneasiness of seeing large waves approaching. In the water, one gets that odd sensation of seeing infinite deepening water towards the horizon, those uncomfortable split seconds when you are momentarily unsure of your footing or stability in the violent tossing water that goes on forever.

And the rip tides. It seemed the life quards would have to rescue someone every day.
>>
File: 8-legged-nope!.jpg (46KB, 564x446px) Image search: [Google]
8-legged-nope!.jpg
46KB, 564x446px
arachnophobe chiming in. fuck that shit, man.. :^0
>>
>>2486

The land is on the left, or in the foreground?
>>
>>2490
The pic with the pair of divers was taken underneath some oil rig platform.

I'm not keen on deep ocean either. I find it very creepy watching them explore deep wrecks like Titanic etc or The Challenger Deep. I was reading a Nat Geo mag that had clear colour pics taken inside the Titanic. My attention kept getting drawn to the infinite blackness just beyond the intact windows and one pic thrre was a doorway that lesd into a hallway that faded off into inky darkness.

>goosebumps.jpg
>>
>>2492
on the left
>>
>>2488
i wish i didnt see it
>>
File: nomuras-jellyfish.jpg (40KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
nomuras-jellyfish.jpg
40KB, 400x257px
>>2493
The ocean is also full of jellyfish. Now, there's this thing that invades Japan in billions. It's sting is painful but not dangerous, imagine being in the middle of a swarm of these. Legitimate nightmare fuel for me.
I get both intrigued and anxious when I look up deep sea stuff though.
>>
File: 1399554100736.jpg (39KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1399554100736.jpg
39KB, 1920x1080px
>>2493
It's really the emptiness that is the scariest part, innit?
>>
>>2496
Imagine tripping and falling in there.
>>
Just seeing pictures used to make me hyperventilate. These stupid floating spheres of cartilage even managed to kill someone.

Also basking sharks with their mouth open looks like the abyss lined with a ribcage fading into the void.
>>
Deep sea swimming gives me serious creeps. The fact that you're floating hundreds, even thousands of feet above the ground knowing that there are living things below you, many of which could harm you - that just fills me with fear
>>
Am I the only one that rather be on a space mission than a deep sea one? I mean, if your spacecraft gets damaged you can survive that, history said so.
I highly doubt you can survive a breach in your sub if you are diving in the marianna trench.
>>
File: iss 3.jpg (1MB, 4288x2929px) Image search: [Google]
iss 3.jpg
1MB, 4288x2929px
>>2493
>>2494

ty

>>2497
>>2500

I think thats a big part of it for me. You are essentially blind as well, while alien life adapted to the area can watch or even attack you. There is no cover at all, and breathing gives you a false sense of viability when in fact your one hose from drowning.

Making it worse, you are not at all physically graceful in that environment; all your locomotive physics have changed while predators around you excel in this medium.

>>2501

Not me. I dont even like flying. It feels like technological hubris. Every time there is a disaster, I get angry and think about all those poor people who paid money in trusting someone and their gadgetry for safe transport.

Then they are put under martial law and cant leave without punishment for coming to their senses, at which point a multi-ton metal cylinder is suspended up to five miles above the ground by deliberately burning explosive chemicals. Only humans, any other creature would rightly see a trap.

Then something goes wrong and we have the gall to call it an accident.

Just my two cents. I have a lot of cross words for all that space business too. If you follow the profit motive for any space industry, it can surely be said that the astronauts we call 'heroes' now will eventually be labor put in equally miserable conditions or worse. And we will be prompted to cheer the literal dehumanization of the people expected to work in the most bio-hostile environment imaginable short of death itself.
>>
>>2491
Looks like an old wise guy about to advise you on your journey.
>>
>>2502
Planes are the safest form of transportation after escalators. Levels of math and engineering you could never comprehend go into the construction and planning of flights.
>>
Honestly my mom almost got swallowed up in sea by a rip current. She told me to respect the ocean because it's as if the whole damn thing is alive!

Also, got stung by tiny clear jellyfish in Texas last summer and one slight touch feels like fishing hooks going deep into your skin and pulling it off. Although tolerable, I can't imagine being wrapped up in those tentacles.
>>
>>2496
Jellyfish get that big?
>>
File: image.jpg (448KB, 1199x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
448KB, 1199x899px
>>2506
yes
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 700x525px
>>2507
>>
>>2490
it's the famous teahupoo break, that thing has a massive displacement. the pic caught it right when it looks like a vertical wall
>>
File: Jiggers with eggs.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jiggers with eggs.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>2488
>anything that lays eggs under your skin, like botflies.

Botflies and mangoworms are rough, but chigoe fleas take the prize for most fucked-up.
>>
>>2479
oh wow aren't you a tough guy, huh. oh you're such a big boy you're so tough you're so manly
>hehe don't mean to brag mom, but uh I love staring at poop
>>
>>2510
shiiiied, I sat here for an extra minute cause my data is all used up. But fug, /rekt/ tier.
>>
>>2504
and they don't give pilot's licenses to just any retard unlike driver's licenses.
>>
>>2510
I dunno, eye parasites like Loa loa or these pentastomids make me more uncomfortable.
>>
>>2510
just amputate the foot holy cow
>>
>>2514
>>2510
How about using hyperparasites as weapon against this?

I'll save you a Wikipedia trip in case you don't know.
Hyperparasites parasite on parasites.
>>
>>2504
Professional flights from major airliners are safe.

Amateur flyers who just got their FAA license are not safe and there are many a tale of retarded superstars getting into accidents and offing themselves because they didn't pay attention and flew too low or flew in bad conditions.
>>
>>2516
Wouldn't that be twice as bad on the host?
>>
>>2516
>paraception
>>
>>2475
land leeches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeyLNDZdls8
>>
>>2520 (checked)
why is that a thing holy shit
>>
>>2477
I remember 2 girls 1 cup being one of the first things that had a shitton of reaction videos to it
11 year old me thought it was a good idea to show it to my sister kek.
It's not even that shocking anymore goddamn what has the internet done to us
>>
>>2491
>>2503
spiders look pretty cute from close up
you know they're just bros who want to eat insect pests for you but damn are they kinda gross
>>
>>2491
Arachnophobe here as well
It's really the legs and not the face that bothers me, that means of movement is so unnatural
>>
>>2524
spiders use hydraulics to move, maybe that is why.
>>
>>2525
wat
>>
>>2498
>the fucking thought of that gave me a boner
well time to end myself
>>
>>2526
They only have a muscle to retract their legs, to push them outwards they pump their hemolymph into them, so they walk hydraulically. Where the hemolymph goes is controlled by valves.
That's why the legs curl up when the spider dies. If you push on the opisthosoma (the back part) all the legs extend.
>>
>>2475
>Can we have a NOPE thread?
yes we can, right here >>>/le_reddit_xD/
>>
>>2527
>>d

>>2528
Thank you for the explanation, I didn't know.
>>
>>2482
They kind of look like hands pressed up against glass, reaching out for you.
>>
>>2524
>Unnatural
Anon, have you heard of something called evolution...?
>>
>>2500
Fuck dude now you're just giving me the nightmare chills
>>
>>2499
>>
>>2520
Yeah they can be pretty creepy. I'm in Australia, seen groups of them doing this on creek banks etc. You can wave your hands over them and they stand at attention and follow the heat like a dozen blood sucking, heat seeking antennae. Better than ticks though. I fucking hate ticks, little bastards they are.
>>
>>2507
An IT guy with OCD would go nuts. If you know what I mean.
>>
>>2535
Do these leeches carry anything nasty like ticks though?
>>
>>
>>2510
fuggg
>>
Mushrooms, especially those growing on the side of trees. I still need to sleep, i'm not going to find pictures, but they make me feel itchy. Anything growing on trees really, if it's not a spotless clean bark i'm probably bothered.

Also barnacles, hate them.
>>
>>2505
I was diving, and heading backwards to shore and one of those fucks got caught between my shirt and I. Ripped off all of my gear, and my shirt. All up and down my back were bright red raised marks, and hurt like hell. Spent the rest of the day fading in and out fighting the pain while awake, was a real son of a bitch.
>>
>>2538
That's kinda cute though
>>
>>2538
sauce?
>>
>>2487
This image is peaceful imo
>>
>>2490
I think the wave is teahupo'o.

It is one of the most distinctive looking waves in the world due to the formation that causes it. Gives it that "solid wall of water" look that is absolutely horrifying
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31hBKv6mAQU
>>
>>2520
leeches did nothing wrong. they even cleanly remove themselves after they are full
>>
>>2547
I heard they were used to detox blood in oldy times and alternative medicine today?
Is this pseudoscience or actually a thing?
>>
>>2548
it's a legit thing. they still see some use today
>>
>>2487
Being around underwater constructs have frighten me since I learned about Delta P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0
>>
>>2546
If you dive into that, do you get sucked into the deep?
>>
>>2551
If that's the case, shall we join forces and make a petition to get that thing filled with concrete? Or Gravel. Point made.
>>
>>2551
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>2548
They are used in real medicine to reattach fingertips and stuff.
Leeches can pull blood through tissue that'd otherwise necrotize and die.
>>
>>2553
you're a big diver
>>
File: slang-met-meisje.jpg (56KB, 608x443px) Image search: [Google]
slang-met-meisje.jpg
56KB, 608x443px
Pic took in Australia, that snake is one of the most toxic ones of the world.
>>
File: arizona_coral_snake.jpg (267KB, 648x451px) Image search: [Google]
arizona_coral_snake.jpg
267KB, 648x451px
The thought of slowly dying to venom is one of my biggest fears.
>>
>>2557
Live in a city with a hospital or
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridatism
>>
>>2550
I'm a diver and I somewhat regret watching this vid.
>>
File: 4chanfriends.gif (101KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
4chanfriends.gif
101KB, 300x100px
>>2559
Thalassophobe here, why do you dive? With all the scary animals, spoopy structures, pressure... the list just goes on.
>>
>>2560
The physical sensation is incredible. And narcosis is fun. The fishes are just a plus.

You should try (in a pool if the sea is an issue), it is similar to every dream of flying. I don't really care where I dive as long as it is liquid, feeling and moving like superman for one hour is worth the cold or the weird animals.
>>
>>2561
isn't diving like, one of the most dangerous sports out there?
I speed across highways as hobby so maybe I should just shut it.
>>
>>2510
Look at those nails, is this the foot of a savage?
>>
>>2514
There is no God.
>>
>>2562
Fatalities are mostly 1) old divers thinking they've seen everything and/or having heart attacks 2) the sick fucks that like exploring unknown underwater caves (these guys, I don't get).
There is some risk and simple rules to avoid it (check your gear, respect time & depth, no holding your breath, don't dive with idiots).
Honestly, I had a harder time learning to drive a car than learning to dive.
>>
>>2565
I c, why do these people not just do what I would do and send a drone in said cave? I mean, it's not like sending a drone to map the thing makes it so you can't dive to it anymore.
>>
File: Goliath-Bird-Eating-Spider.jpg (50KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
Goliath-Bird-Eating-Spider.jpg
50KB, 640x358px
THESE fuckers.

The Goliath Bird Eating Spider

They're big enough to fucking kill and eat birds. And they're venom is enough to kill humans.
>>
>>2567
*their

for fuck sake i had a word seizure there
>>
>>2566
They enjoy the whole thing (and desu, the landscape is often beautiful): planning the dive, the decompression times, the right number of tanks they'll need on their way out, squeezing themselves into tight spots... My guess is they enjoy discovering places where no human have been (just like people enjoy climbing the Everest, they can be part of a little club).
But it is very different from regular diving. The depth are stupid low, the risk enormous. Cave diving is Nope country to most sane people.

There was a big accident in a Norway cave named Plura back in 2014 (deep, cold, unknown caves).
Here is the cave: https://vimeo.com/48209039
A map indicating where people died : http://gfx.nrk.no//HDS-hFlFHOz-OT5eUoHtjA25E68v9cwqd1V4ZvDkm_Zw
There is a documentary about the retrieving of the bodies: http://divingintotheunknown.com/en
>>
>>2567
I think it's cute.
10/10 would release near ducklings.
>>
>>2567
>They're big enough to fucking kill and eat birds.
Which they rarely, if ever do as they are slow and ground dwelling. They mainly eat larva and worms.

>And they're venom is enough to kill humans.
Absolutely not. The huge fangs they have hurt more than the venom itself. Also there is not ONE confirmed case of someone dying to a tarnatula bite. Not ONE.
>>
>>2569
>recovering hard to reach bodies
Not before they get used as landmarks I bet.
>>
File: sea_lamprey_mouth.jpg (795KB, 1600x1208px) Image search: [Google]
sea_lamprey_mouth.jpg
795KB, 1600x1208px
>>2475
>>
>>2573
Now fap to it while thinking ''blowjob''
>>
File: 1470511484373.jpg (34KB, 604x271px) Image search: [Google]
1470511484373.jpg
34KB, 604x271px
>tfw scared of sea only because of jellyfish
>>
>>2575
a full body diving suit should fix your problem.
>>
>>2576
Anon, a jellyfish went straight into my face.
>>
>>2538
I need to know what this is, so I can avoid it if at all possible
>>
>>2577
what part of "full body" did you not understand?
>>
File: mow.jpg (86KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
mow.jpg
86KB, 960x637px
>>2575

aww, that wont do. Are you allergic?

No one likes getting stung, but it isnt likely. I would want it depriving you of enjoying a wonderful part of the ecosystem. There is so much to see and appreciate, even -if not especially- near the land; little pools, on the rocks, by the reefs.

Here is a Portuguese Man of War. They are all over South Beach. Little blue jellies everywhere. I think they are quite attractive, myself.
>>
>>2580
THOSE FUCKERS CANNOT CONTROL WHERE THEY ARE TAKEN AND JUST DIE WHEN THEY REACH THE SHORE
THAT IS FUCKING STUPID
>>
File: o_halaur.jpg (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
o_halaur.jpg
46KB, 800x600px
cnidaria aren't scary once you study them desu
>>
File: reduced-eastern-brown-snake-23.jpg (99KB, 980x616px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-eastern-brown-snake-23.jpg
99KB, 980x616px
>>2556
but it's also one of the cutest snakes in the world
>>
File: 1480458108758.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1480458108758.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>2510
AAaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>2557
maybe you shouldn't be a pooosy
>>
>>2563
yes the guy is a minority
>>
>>2557
>The thought of slowly dying to venom is one of my biggest fears.

Reminder that a snake expert willingly let himself die from snake venom simply to see its affects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEyjF2bNQOA
>>
>>2575
I've been stung multiple times growing up.

It hurts a lot, more than most other forms of stings and bites.

But its not that bad. And they're pretty cool to swim around with and watch under water. Grow a pair bro.
>>
>>2587
snakefags are creepy. im sorry, i said it, it had to be said.
>>
>>2587
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridatism

>seems to be getting better
>is actually bleeding profusely internally

I bet he thought he was going to be fine when he chowed down the breakfast
>>
>>2538
What in the fuck is this?
>>
The ocean is nice, guys
>>
>>2580
don't call them an individual, they're COLONIAL ZOONS YOU REEEEEEE
>>
>>2520
>Going anywhere near that thing
I would never despite how high the pay is.
>>
File: pls.png (64KB, 203x252px) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
64KB, 203x252px
>>2487
>>2550
In all those situations, the divers' could be still alive. If people had been paying attention and not been avoiding shit out of laziness or lack of time, they would have been fine. What alot of people don't realize is that everything moves slower down there. You have to be sure, you have to go slow, and you have to double and triple check EVERYTHING you do, or else you WILL die
>>
>>2575
>>2577
>>2580

I'm going to add a very extremely personal jellyfish story to you guys

I was swimming at a place called Harry Harris State Park in the Florida Keys with my mom when I was about 5 or 6 years old. We were swimming in the shallow inlet part, wearing snorkel and mask in about two feet of water. I started seeing these things in the shallow, murky water of the inlet mixed in with the seagrass. After just a moment or two, it felt like I had been dowsed in gasoline and someone sparked up a cigarette near me. My entire body felt like my skin was melting off. I screamed and panicked, trying to claw my way out of the water, and tried to climb on top of my mom. i hadn't even thought to stand up. I couldn't get on top. I can feel it as I'm typing this

Eventually (I don't remember how) they got me on shore. My dad and mom tell me that I had been stung from head to toe, it looked like I had smallpox. They made the stinging slow and eventually stop by rubbing me with ice from the cooler. I never again swam at that place.
>>
>>2538
I'm normally hate snales and slugs, but that ones actually kind of cute.
>>
>>2573
What the fuck is his problem anyway
>>
>>2580
Aren't these extremely dangerous though? I could've sworn when I was a kid I read about how potent their stings are.
>>
>>2556
photobomb snek
>>
File: 1486576043337.jpg (16KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486576043337.jpg
16KB, 240x240px
>>21376
fuck jellyfish. Literally ugly ass nonsentient bags of watery suffering.
>>
>>2475
I'm a Gulf Coast Texan that lives in the middle nowhere with the Brazos on one side and a reservoir on the other. Every pond/swamp, river, and the Coast itself is filled with muddy brown water you can't see past an inch in, and filled with either alligators, sharks, fishhooks, or gar depending on location (although those ones generally don't fuck with you).

My fear of getting in water is damn near instinctual at this point.
>>
Maybe it's because I'm Australian, but killer animals don't really terrify me that much.
Now sudden drop offs into super deep water. That's a whole 'nother story
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.