[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me get a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_27840-X4WMFqD-1914340827.jpg (152KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27840-X4WMFqD-1914340827.jpg
152KB, 1252x1252px
So I'm a typical 23 yo failure. Dropped out of college have 3 months exp at fast food and a month in a grocery store.

My friend heard I need a job and said they're opening where he works and he can help me get a job there when I apply. He works at a call center and he said if we work the night shift it should be pretty relaxed and easy. Should I lie about how long I worked in the past? Should I add another job? Me and my friend were landscaping for a couple weeks before they replaced us with a professional crew should I just say that I worked that job and lie and say I did it all summer?
>>
>>999428
>Should I lie about how long I worked in the past? Should I add another job? Me and my friend were landscaping for a couple weeks before they replaced us with a professional crew should I just say that I worked that job and lie and say I did it all summer?

YES.

Lie completely on your resume.

It doesn't matter and they won't even check. There is literally no downsides in your case, you got nothing to lose whatsoever.
>>
>>999428
>needing to lie on a resume to get a job at a call center.

you'll never make it op
>>
>>999433
Well I wasted my time on college and I live in the middle of nowhere so I had to wait until I was like 19 to get a car and even start working
>>
>>999434
>immediately engages excuses mode

you'll never make it op
>>
>>999436
Well can you offer advice instead of being a pretentious homo? If this doesn't work I'm homeless.
>>
>>999434
>>999442
do: >>999431
>>
>>999446
I can't tell if its sarcastic or not
>>
>>999453
it's not
>>
>>999442

> homo
> 2015

Definitely not going to make it.
>>
>>999471
>not being a homo
>2014 + 1

are you some sort of faggot?
>>
File: 1500x500.jpg (49KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500x500.jpg
49KB, 1500x500px
>>999471
ITS THE CURRENT YEAR!

CANT EVEN
>>
>>999428

It probably won't really help but do this I guess:
>>999431

It sounds to me like homeboys got the hookups. Just don't be a sperg or an asshole. Call center jobs usually suck total dick from what I've heard but you've got to start somewhere.
>>
>>999428
Donlt even have to blantanty lie, just write creatively. I only put the years on my resume. Maybe I worked from christmas to Jan. 3rd. But it looks like I worked there for two years.

For a call center job, probably all you need is your friends recommendation. So don't screw it up by getting caught in a lie. Still if it is really get the job or be homeless, go ahead and lie. Worst that happens is you don't get it and are stuck outside in the middle of winter. Second worst is they find out and fire you later. It's not like you are going to jail or something. (Although jail does have food, a roof and free medical care. So I've know some homeless to choose that option.)
>>
>>999428
On an other note. What did you study at University? If you studied something like Information science/programming, "aquire" some videotutorials for webdesign and get certificates for the programminglanguages you can handle. If you do that you can work semisuccesful as a freelancer or even start your own startup for web/developemwnt.

If you studied lit, try to get a job as a mechanik, electrician or floortile-layer (no idea what the engliah term ia foe that), work for a few years there, and make your own cheapo startup or work on arangement without tax on the side.
>>
>>999523
This.

Just like I said OP, just lie to guarantee you get the job. Nothing to lose whatsoever, worst case is you don't get the job or you get fired later, which is perfectly fine compared to not getting hired at all.
>>
>>999428
>>999526
Also, I worked two months as a salesman in a callcenter. Its fun if you like to jew people out and enjoy practicing your rethorical prowes, but its a deadly borring slog if you work it longer than a few months. You'll have a nearly similar call every day for months. Its crazy how those calls all share the same anchorpoints.
Also, poor old people. Best customera but you cant help but feel bad when you push your overpeiced internet-contract on a poor sob who hasnt even got a computer
>>
Fucking criminal justice
>>
>>999526
>>999530
Yeah callcenter jobs are absolute shit tier.

I was considering getting one when I was unemployed for a little bit but I noticed that they're literally hiring non-stop... Looked at some reviews and people were saying it was like hell on earth. Decided I'd rather not bother and eventually just got a proper job in a bit of time.
>>
Also do you guys think I should put my 3 months at burger king and my month at a grocery store there and just let them know I had a gap in my employment or would that fuck me?
>>
>>999471
Do you even hear some of the shit that comes out of rich peoples mouths?

>>imblying there is any correlation between language used and ability to get rich
>>memearrows.jeff
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.