[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was on track for an accounting degree but I switched to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 534e973be28ca.preview-620.jpg (27KB, 620x390px) Image search: [Google]
534e973be28ca.preview-620.jpg
27KB, 620x390px
So I was on track for an accounting degree but I switched to business management. I go to a great Bschool but what can I do with this degree?

I don't want to end up as lower-middle management but I don't know where people go with this degree.

Also, if I took a year off to teach english abroad how much would that fuck my career

Pic related to when I feel like ill be able to make more than freaking 40k a year
>>
Bumpity
>>
Business Management....? What are your degree options with that? Are there majors you can choose from like Finance?
>>
Management is the degree. It's like, workplace psychology/group dynamics/team leadership.

I'll have a minor in business law as well with a decent accounting background but I just couldn't hack it.
>>
>>999524
>>999518

Idk how but somehow it changed my ID

Am OP
>>
>>999422
>/biz/
>>
>>999537
Was this a dumb question?
>>
>what can i do with this degree?

get ideas and start a business? business management teaches you to be a calculated risk taker. if you cannot decide for your own life, i don't think the degree really helped you in your life, because it would be ironic when a business management graduate is asking somebody what should he do with his life.

this is a stupid thread, op. but i think you're just lost in your life, if you don't like to take risks, then you should have avoided business management and focus more on skill based degree like accounting.
>>
>>999422
>getting a management degree without already being a manager

Good luck getting hired somewhere as a manager without experience. If I were you, I would hit up McDonald's or something and work your way up to assistant manager within a year or two.
>>
>>999580
It's less about not having direction and more about knowing where people have already gone before. I think it's reasonable to do a little research before making a decision

I probably didn't make that clear as I was studying for my last final today and I'm a bit scattered

>>999647
Lol I still have a lot of years left because I'll need to go to grad school and I've had an internship before and more will be on the way through my school. So I will have experience
>>
>>999524

It's a useless degree. Just take Finance or Accounting. You can learn the group dynamics/leadership stuff on Coursera for free. Best case scenario you become a McDonald's Manager.
>>
>>999745
Kind of irreversible from this point but I still have grad school after this
>>
File: 1449671895460.jpg (83KB, 822x760px) Image search: [Google]
1449671895460.jpg
83KB, 822x760px
he switched from accounting (the only skill that will get you hired from business school) to managing scam
>>
>>999923
I realized accounting wasn't for me and I wouldn't be able to graduate in time. My biggest leg up is that I will have virtually zero debt when I graduate other than living expenses.

Also probably gonna do grad school like right after
>>
>>999422
Fair warning I did that exact degree and never made more than 20k a year until I made my own business. Getting a decent management job with no connections was impossible. I also fucking hated accounting and got D's in it in business school so I feel you.

Remember shake hands with everyone at MBA school. Make connections. Look into supply chain management get an internship at UPS or FedEx.

If you just want to manage people thats a great way to go about it because UPS will have 100 warehouses in a big city and they all have management with about 20 drivers and packages that need to be tracked in a efficient way. So lots of opportunities to manage teams although your first year could be a UPS driver or dispatch or maybe office worker.

You can be the mustache guy having done UPS management for 20 years or just take that amazing experience for 5 then manage or work at your dream job.
>>
>>1000042
Well I already have some awesome internship experience/opportunities and will have a minor in business law (and possibly in accounting too, depends)

Do I have to be a management student where i get my MBA? Almost everyone I know did different shit with their grad school than what they did in undergrad
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.