[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marketing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Is this the greatest marketing scheme of the 21st century? Giant corporation tells stupid employees to intentionally misspell people's names so they spam social media thousands of times a day with pictures of cups that display their logo? And somehow people still fall for it. God bless America.

Are there any other genius marketing (obvious or otherwise) tactics you've seen lately /biz/?
>>
Is writing humorous misspellings of names on your own coffee cup and writing the content into a blog post the greatest traffic scheme of the 21st century? And somehow OP still fell for it. God bless America.
>>
>>999344
I see it every week on Facebook and Twitter accounts of people I know. Always 20-35 year old women who find it hilarious.
>>
Coca Cola putting names and phrases on cans and bottles. I dont even like coca cola but i still bought some because my name was on it
>>
File: wtf.jpg (64KB, 600x354px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
64KB, 600x354px
>>999492
That's a good one.

I recently saw a commercial for the traveling beer company (i think?) where their logo and spokesman both have an "outrageous and funny" mustache. I was wondering how long it would take someone to cash in on fad of hipsters and basic white girls finding mustaches to be comical.
>>
Damn that's actually hella smart

Tbh tho I think the best marketing schemes are when companies donate things to charities, refugees in this year's case.

Some companies give like $300 000 in their products towards refugees and that gives them so much more publicity than they could afford if they just bought advertising instead.
>>
>>999503
That's less of a marketing scheme and more of a tax evasion plan.
>>
File: oleary.jpg (2MB, 2004x1503px) Image search: [Google]
oleary.jpg
2MB, 2004x1503px
You know when Michael O'Leary releases a press statement saying something like 'Ryanair to charge 2 euros to use the onboard toilets' or says he'll introduce 'standing class' or he calls some customer a fat bastard or something; and all the newspapers go batshit about it. Yeah, well that's free advertising, they were never planning to charge for toilets or have standing passengers. I'm pretty sure Ryanair until recently didn't run ads, and when they did they made them so controversial or risque that newspapers would pick up on them and do most of the advertising for them.
>>
>>999601
>I'm pretty sure Ryanair until recently didn't run ads,

That would explain how I have no idea what it is.

Trump has been doing something similar though. He spends a fraction on advertising as the rest of the GOP candidates and dominates the news cycle through his carefully orchestrated comments.
>>
>>999332
Netflix, with their paying off of the meme lords with the "Netflix and chill" phrase which has created them a great revenue of new subscriber to their streaming service.
>>
>>999605

Biggest airline in Europe.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
Cosmo intentionally peddling shitty relationship/sex advice to keep their readership single or in cycles of toxic relationships so they'll buy more magazines.
>>
>>999607
That's another good example. it kind of goes along with the fake mustache I mentioned above. It appeals to the same sort of age/mentality.

>>999609
Clickbait headlines is another good example. I don't know how many "You won't believe ______" links I've seen lately but it's a ton.

In the same vein I've noticed they're getting a lot worse on twitter too where they will have an image cut off (usually just above cleavage or an ass) and then when people click it expecting it to enlarge the image it's actually a hyperlink to an outside site.
>>
File: 49663280.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
49663280.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
>>999503
>hella
>>
Haven't been in a Starcucks since I was 15 (22 now). $8 for a fucking coffee. Then these retards go home to their apartment that costs 60% of their income and complain about student loan debt on their $1,500 Macbooks.
>>
>>999492
>I dont even like coca cola but i still bought some because my name was on it

What a stupid fuck you are.
>>
>>999695
At least he recognizes the mind control involved.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.