[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: dtfhrtdf.png (57KB, 1582x927px) Image search: [Google]
dtfhrtdf.png
57KB, 1582x927px
For anyoneeee out there that knows, i have a question about Iron Condors in options trading.

So in my picture im using thinkorswim. Can someone tell me why when i move the 2 'sell' spreads closer to the 'buy' ones, the profit analysis turns into this magical condor where my max losses are only the cost of commissions, and my max profit is the full price of the credit for the condor??????

It seems wayyy to good to be true. Whats the catch here?
>>
see all the blue under the 0, those are losses, that's why.
>>
>>999328
yeah but like i said, according to thinkorswim and this chart the most I would lose on this trade is the cost of commissions, which is like 40 dollars. Yet if i actually let the options expire I would make 880 which is the exact cost to get in the trade. Its so weird
>>
No catch.

Fairly Low Probability of Profit however.
POPs in the 60's usually

https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/shows/strategies-for-ira/episodes/iron-condors-managing-winners-11-02-2015

Also 4 legs in and out so fairly expensive. $28 per trade at typical rates. Can be cut to $22. with a phone call mentioning dough.com.

So you're at $720 max gain - $ 110 commissions w/ $160 risked

It gets a little better if you learn how to invert.
>>
If you like condors you should check out the Double diagonal. Same thing 3/4 the commission.
>>
>>999385
So what's a spread with better probability?

>>999401
I will definitely check that out then.
>>
>>999385
are you martin shkreli?
>>
It's amazing how many different ways of losing money people are able to find.
Get a job, OP, or get a real trading training.
>>
>>999604

>trading training
>real

Pick 1. You probably fell for the Tim Sykes meme and paid $100 to that Jew that runs Big Mike's Trading for webinars that are free if you know what Google is.
>>
>>999409
If you've got a full margin account...
Generally Strangles have better probability, with occasional bad drawdowns. the general setup with 1 SD is 70+.
Better with proper management.

Check out all the different strategies on Dough.com to see the standard deviation graphs.

Naked 1 SD puts have 70% POP,

Jade lizards have high pop w/ no upside risk.

Your strategy depends on your assumptions, about direction but. but most are better than 50/50 stock bets.
>>
>>999799

Around about straddles. What are their POP?
>>
>>999800
Straddles. quite low. 52% to 40%
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.