[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/ my friend has been working a job that pays largely in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

So /biz/ my friend has been working a job that pays largely in tips for a while and has accumulated roughly $5k in unclaimed cash (roughly 10k in bank atm).

The cash is currently 'under his mattress.' He is in his early 20s....what should he do with the money to potentially get some use out of it?

inb4 drugs
>>
>>999094
Why the fuck hasn't he just been slowly putting into a bank account as he gets it? You have to deposit like $10K a year to have issues. Or just pay your fucking taxes like a god dammed adult. Hippie.
>>
>>999094
I think your "friend" is actually you...

I have reported you to the IRS.
>>
>>999099
you must be fun at parties
>>
>>999094

There really isn't much you can do with cash.

On the upside, as long as it never touches a bank account, you can usually get away with not paying any taxes on it.

But on the downside, he really can't put it to any use where he can grow it.

Maybe if he is good with cars, he could get a flip car, and make some cash that way.
>>
>>999097
>pay your taxes like a god damn adult
yah because that few hundred dollars is going to shut down the system. The kid is clearly smarter than you.
>>
>>999094
Tax it.
>>
He can buy a 3d printer and make something out of it
He can buy the thing to print stuff on t-shirts and sell it
He can customize something like skates and surfboards if he has the ability
He can do many things for small money IF he has the time and skill
>>
you could probably just pay down expenses with cash and leave the "clean" cash for savings and bigger expenses, because bills and rent can generally be paid down by cash
>>
Untaxed cash is god-tier. Buy things that you don't want the government knowing you have. Don't piss it away.
>>
>>999657
This.
pay cash expenses with cash:
Groceries
clothes
maybe rent (talk to landlord if shes ok with it)
credit card bills (go to bank and say my momy gave me $150 to pay for this months cred bill)
Gas
Entertainment
>>
>>999094
You're more likely to raise eyebrows doing several small deposits than 1 larger deposit. He could probably deposit a few thousand and if questions are raised he sold his car for cash. Another thing he could do which I see with a lot of contractors my dad pays in cash is that they pay all their expenses with the cash and then their paycheck can go in the bank to invest.
>>
File: timpana.jpg (675KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
timpana.jpg
675KB, 3008x2000px
>>999094
buy old 1 dollar junk stuff and offer it for sale on ebay.. with a second fake account you are the highest bidder (offer a few hundred)

transfer the money (bit by by bit a few hundred at a time max) from the auction winner (you) to the sellers account (which is you as well) via ebay/paypall.

that way you can launder it all in a few months.. you pay ebay fees and paypal transaction cost ofcourse.. but everything has it's price...
>>
>>999896
and you can greatly sophisticate it of course. If you have a friend who has a few hundred positive ebay feedbacks it's even better. Give that person the money in cash. Let him make the winning bid and let him transfer the money to the sellers account (which is you)
>>
third alternative:

Offer junk for sale on ebay. Make fake high bid with fake 2th account.

Deposit the amount of the winning bid on your bank account (which you take from under your matras). If you get questions say that the buyer came to your door and paid you in cash.

I've had ebay buyers and sellers at my door frequently doing cash transactions,, so it's not impossible or uncommon.
>>
>>999706
This should be sufficient. You can pay rent with a money order if they don't want cash for some reason. The IRS isn't going to bother with this crap amount. Of course money orders cost a couple dollars and considering how much money we are talking, you might not actually have to pay income tax...

>>999844
Don't try to be clever and deposit $9,999 dollars so you are below the federal reporting requirement. Bank fraud officers aren't that dumb.
>>
>>999916

Dat electronic trail to fake accounts fake addy and fake life.

Just do the groceries/ expenses thing in cash while leaving your deposited (already taxed) cash alone in the bank. Thank God you don't have a lot more to launder. This is a very reasonable and manageable amount unless you do something dumb.
>>
>>999844
Part of my past job was fraud detecting.

Depends a bit. If make 20 dollar deposits every 10 minutes one after another (ranking up into the thousands) and I've seen people doing that it raises eyebrows.

Also if you deposit (regardless of amount) and try to withdrawl straight away within minutes it raises eyebrows as well.

If you smear it out over months no red flags will go up
>>
>>999094
Why doesn't he deposit it in the bank or else just spend it as needed?
>>999097
$10k in a year to have issues? All I'm aware of is $10k in 1 transaction and it's not 'issues' it's a simply questionaire you fill in which is essentially "what is your name"
>>999183
Why are you so paranoid?
>>999844
Doubt it raises any eyebrows - who's watching?

TFW I visit /biz/ to see what other people do with money but reality hits me that they're just poor college guys who think hiding $10k from gubmint makes them Scarface
>>
>>999920
>Don't try to be clever and deposit $9,999 dollars
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8300.pdf

"$9,999" is a misconception

The reporting threshold is "over $10,000" so you'd look clean as a whistle depositing in $10,000 as opposed to $9,999. If someone came into the bank to deposit $9,999 and it didn't seem to be sheer coincidence, that would call for a 'suspicious activity report' which would bring you more attention than a form 8300
>>
>>999920
You don't look clean depositing $10k, $9,999, or even $9243. Banks will pay more attention to you if you open a new account and deposit anything close to 10k. Because getting involved in your crimes is very much not worth it to them.
>>
>>1000207
How did I quote myself... I meant >>999963
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.