[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opening New Office Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: website_office_ideas-373x246.png (126KB, 373x246px) Image search: [Google]
website_office_ideas-373x246.png
126KB, 373x246px
New company wants me to find a place and make a list of shit I need to open up my first office. This is totally new to me.

Besides furniture, desktops and routers what else would a person like me need to open up a new place?

Programs? Security?
>>
Shrimp wall
Hot secretary
detlef schrempf on retrainer
a party button
>>
Im thinking about foregoing desktops all together and just buying 2 laptops. 1 main 1 backup. This office is near Miami and I dont wana get my shit niggered
>>
Would the Excel payroll download be enough for a small business or should I go with quickbooks?

I have a 10k budget
>>
>>998380

Excel is fine if you know how to use it. My Grandpa is a Manager for a multi hundred million dollar company and still uses Excel for cost estimating, materials management, etc.
>>
>>998381
Thanks.
>>
>>998364
Do you think a couple laptops will be enough for a small business (security)? I dont want to leave big desktops at an officr since this area is kinda seedy
>>
>>998380

Quickbooks makes everything all in one spot and easy. It is also helpful when you can export the entire company file and email it over to your CPA at the end of the year.

I also couldnt live without the attach function or the ability to link POs to bills and then to invoices.

Sure you COULD do everything in Excel. I COULD sell my car and take 2 buses and a train to work every day...but why? To save $400 every 2 years?
>>
>>998440

First, that is why you have a security system as well as insurance.

There is A LOT to this. I built data centers all over the US for 5 years and most people dont realize exactly what is needed until they are knee deep in it.

The mark of a professional Project Manager is when 9 months out, he can tell you down to a 48 hour window when you should have 14 3' extension cords delivered, and nail costs down to <500 dollars over a 3 million dollar project

OP, there is too much to really talk about here but a few things almost everyone forgets. You need the space inspected by the city for occupancy. You will also need your fire system inspected, depending on your state laws, sometimes as often as every 8 months.
>>
>>998454
Thanks you for reminding me. Ive gone ahead and compiled a list of detectors, extinguishers and pull stations to be installed once I find a good place.

I might be in over my head trying to open this place up but I appreciate all your help or advice.
>>
>>998594

Call Tyco. Large national company. Can handle all your security, monitoring, fire, and access control needs.

You said pull stations... that isnt coming out of your 10k budget is it? Granted different scale, but last fire system I did, not including the sprinkler system, was a little over 300k. Each pull station installed (not including the panel or monitoring) was right around $1,500 each
>>
>>998608
Wow man. Im here looking at 30 dollar Amazon smoke/carbon monoxide detectors and 50 dollar pull stations.

I mean am I missing something? This stuff cant really be that hard to setup with a competent basic electrician.

Its just a small office. I might not even need a pull station.
>>
>>998608
Thanks for the Tyco advice. I will look into them.
>>
OP here. Maybe I should change the thread to "Need help opening a ghetto ass small office"

This place Im opening may not be too permanent. I dont want to waste money on crazy ass access card readers and biometric scanning security cameras.
>>
>>998334

Furniture
IT
Phones
Computers
Copiers
HVAC
Bathroom setup
Kitchen setup
Security system
Bulletin boards and dry erase boards
tons of office supplies

whores
>>
i do office fitouts and you first need to conflate budget against expectations
>>
>>998700

You have to be up to code for your area (county/City) Pull stations, smoke, and carbon monoxide detectors need to be hard wired into a fire panel that is monitored by either a company you pay, or the city fire department (which is sometimes free, sometimes there is a charge)

To have these installed you need a licensed, bonded, and insured electrician put the pipes and wires in. (sometimes you also need a licensed, bonded, and insured drywall/painting company come in to patch the holes as well. Depends on your area.) You then have a Tyco install the panel and the detectors/pull stations. None of this can be done by you or the city will not only fail you on inspection, they will make you rip it all out and have it done again by a contractor.

Rules vary wildly all over the country but the minimum standards are usually lighted Exit signs and pull stations at every door, 1 smoke detector per 1000 sqft of floor space, and if there will be more than 10 people inside at once, usually a sprinkler system (which is almost always the landlords responsibility)

To pass your occupancy inspection you need to also determine things like if you will need a handicap accessible space/bathroom/parking.
>>
>>998334
Mini bar, nice ash trays, humidor,
>>
>>998334
judging by pic, a man to do it for you...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.