[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to do something like this or is that anon lying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: aaa.jpg (62KB, 1480x337px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
62KB, 1480x337px
Is it possible to do something like this or is that anon lying?
>>
File: 1449994347493.png (16KB, 614x624px) Image search: [Google]
1449994347493.png
16KB, 614x624px
pic related is his balance
>>
>>996676
>>996677
came here to make this thread, saw this

i also would like to know
>>
>>996676
>>996677
>>996679
>>24952768
>>24952768
>>
>>996676
I do something similar but with no where near the success. I'm paying my bills and banking a modest amount in the process though.

You need to form an LLC first. You have a lot more success on sites like elance if you're a company rather than an individual user. Then build a network of content writers and just double whatever you pay them.

This is a double edged sword in the sense that content writing hinges a lot on return business so if you're giving an Indian $2 per hour and he's giving you a product not worth the curry he just shit out his window you're going to struggle.

Honestly if you're going to do this it's better to do it *all* yourself for the first six months. Spend 12 hours a day writing top tier work for shit pay. Grow your company's reputation and then slowly start outsourcing. A year and a half in you'll be doing no real work, just management.

And the guy in OP's image is right. It does feel pretty good.
>>
This Interests me
>>
Yes you can OP !!

Just don't get fucking caught

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jan/17/sacked-model-modern-employee-outsourcing
>>
>>996712
This goes back to what I was saying about presenting yourself as a company rather than an individual.
>>
How do you advertise though? For example, say you advertised SEO or web design, do you contact websites with web 1.0 websites and offer them SEO and a new webpage together in a bundle for [No idea what a reasonable price is] then just outsource it all on fiverr, assuming that if their webpage is still in comic sans they've never heard of fiverr.
>>
>>996700
>>996677

Dubs checked
>>
>>996676

>is it possible to outsource jobs you are contracted for, whilst taking a share of the profits as a middleman

Yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>996712
turned out that was a fake story unfortunately

still it is possible in theory for a western freelancer to outsource to someone in a poorer country

doing it as a full time employee might be trickier but technically also possible, especially if you work from home
>>
>>996721
There are ton of freelance websites where people post jobs. Hit craigslist or just search for individual businesses. Anyone with a website is a potential client.
>>
>>996729

So you're saying I can just email businesses with crappy websites offering them seo and a new website and then outsource it all?
>>
>>996736
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. And it doesn't have to be crappy websites either. I get a lot of work from sites run by established companies. Everyone is looking to move their bottom line.

Just be sure you have an LLC and business insurance before you do it.
>>
>>996739
what are some sites where you can find indians for outsourcing?
>>
>>996676

This is pretty much the business model of most web development agencies.

> Get work from client, charge full price.
> Pass on to Rajiv who works for like $1 an hour.
> Collect profit.
>>
>>996740
Check out elance first.

>>996742
It is. But most of them never make it because the work is so terrible that no one comes back. Success is found in a delicate balance of easy money and passable work.
>>
File: 1437769586277.gif (4MB, 180x132px) Image search: [Google]
1437769586277.gif
4MB, 180x132px
>>996676
The anon is lying.
The online freelance jobs themselves are being taken by Indians for $2/hr.
There are no middlemen, like the guy in the pic is claiming to be.
Its fucking brutal for a first worlder trying to freelance desu
>>
>>996749
If you're shit and have no skills or can only do HTML + CSS then yeah you won't get any jobs as a first world freelancer. If you're doing back end web dev or other programming then competent first world workers are very sought after since the end product has to function flawlessly. I know a few people who own large websites that employ multiple PHP/database/email guys and pay them all $3-5k/month.
>>
>>996749
This isn't true.

Most people don't want to hire Indians for $2. They will take a Western company over Eastern European/Indian/Middle-Eastern most times as long as the price is reasonable.

The problem becomes new users with no work history are being forced to compete with the wage Indians are willing to work for. Once you get over that hurdle it becomes considerably easier.

Most people, especially in the world of marketing/design know that you get what you pay for.
>>
So if I email a local website which hasn't been updated since 2000, is all times new roman and flashing fonts. And offer them a snazzy new website ( wordpress ) and then charge them 2000$. Will this work?
>>
>>996776
No. Odds are high they don't have $2000 to give.

Again, it doesn't need to be an old website. Just a company/product that needs better exposure.

It will all come down to your own ability to market your services.
>>
>>996779

Their business seems good and it seems they are quite popular but if I landed on their webpage I would instantly assume that everybody involved in this business is long dead.

But hey, I've got no Idea about programming. But are you telling me, that if I contacted them offering them a snazzy webside, then I send their website to Muhammed in Pakistan and ask him 5$/hr to completely revamp it. Are you saying that this would work?!?
>>
>>996780
Yes. But web developers usually charge more than that. You can research it on elance.

Or just offer them SEO. It's not hard to get into and it's easier money.
>>
>>996780
You're going to have to do a lot more than send it to Bishnu and the boys and tell them to make it pretty. Most of the time they'll send you something back that looks like it was made in the 90s.

Making front ends for websites is so easy and quick that it seems stupid to even bother outsourcing it. You could make a nice, modern and functional website with bootstrap in less time than you would spend trying to talk to some Indians through Google Translate.
>>
>>996784
I agree with this. They will also do everything they can to scam you.

I only outsource content writing.
>>
>>996784
>>996783

So what to do to get into this business? Do I have to learn front end coding of webpages then contact companies offering new websites?
>>
I do this, although no outsourcing.

I do web design and advertising for realtors mostly. I delegate all of the work to my Egyptian friend who is here illegally. Pay him $20 to do something that I get paid $500-1,000 for.
>>
>>996676
this was possible until about 2007. now, game's over
>>
>>996676

It seems doable, but a lot of work.

There's a ton of issues here, so many you might actually be better off just doing much of the web dev yourself.

- that time zone gap
- that language gap
- that shit labor
- that tax reporting
- that marketing
- that sales
- that problem solving

Basically it's like any other web dev company. This guy is just heavily outsourcing his labor on the cheap.
>>
>>996700

You just have to find better outsourcing.
>>
>>996756

How do you find a job that pays you to PHP all day?

> if PHP was a girl; I'd do things
>>
>>997102
> something in very high demand in everywhere
> how do I find it

Have you tried looking?

For example, good Drupal coders make 100/h, they are literally competed for.

That said,
> he wants to do PHP
> he wants to do PHP all day long

You have my pity.
>>
>>997135

Why do you have to be a dick about it? Is it a problem that I would rather code in PHP than Python? Am I such a different, unique, and special snowflake that it's pissing you off that much?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.