[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am NEET in dire need of a shitty entry level position, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: R1.1.png (54KB, 857x728px) Image search: [Google]
R1.1.png
54KB, 857x728px
I am NEET in dire need of a shitty entry level position, and soon. No time to get food handlers to McDonalds/etc is out of the question.

I've seen quite a lot of people on /biz/ discussing lying on your resume. Has this ever gone bad for any of y'all? Do you need to do extensive research on the position you lie about for the interview?

Here is my current resume (1/2) any information on resume lying or just general tips to make me more hireable would be extremely appreciated.
>>
File: R1.2.png (22KB, 846x504px) Image search: [Google]
R1.2.png
22KB, 846x504px
2/2
>>
File: J1.1.png (92KB, 1013x845px) Image search: [Google]
J1.1.png
92KB, 1013x845px
A couple jobs I'm looking at with T-Mobile, 1/2
>>
File: J1.2.png (118KB, 1060x981px) Image search: [Google]
J1.2.png
118KB, 1060x981px
>>996255
2/2
>>
>>996246
bahahaha what a terrible resume

Why the fuck are you writing out the job description?

>I AM CURRENTLY PREPARING TO TAKE THE GED

get out of here fucking neet

go to /r9k/, hang yourself
>>
File: le tricked.png (283KB, 922x707px) Image search: [Google]
le tricked.png
283KB, 922x707px
>>996265
>>996265
Idk, I used a resume builder website to make the initial resume and then edited it in word, resume builder thing had me enter the job description, I am actually studying to take the GED
>>
>>996265
Your hostile demeanor indicates to me that you are upset with your own life.

>>996246
Write less for job descriptions. Just put bullet points for your duties and what you achieved for the company and learned (eg. Caged Cat: *Increased concert attendance with creative real world marketing strategies, etc.) Basically make everything seem like you were actually doing something creative or on your own volition and not grunt work for someone smarter than you.

Saying proficiency with windows and web browsers isn't really all that relevant/useful. You should try to stress that you're a quick learner and its easy for you to adapt to new situations and shit like that.

Only place to lie is you don't have to say you're studying for a GED. No one will doubt anyone didn't graduate high school. Add GED to your resume after you get it.
>>
>>996291

Thank you, at least one of the jobs I'm applying for says, "got experience with Windows, iOS and Android operating systems? Let's talk!" so that's why I included that, and as far as the GED I suppose I thought it would look better to employers if I made it apparent that I'm trying to do something to further my education instead of just being a dropout

Also both of the job listings I posted prefer people with experience in customer service/call centers, so thats primarily why I was asking about lying. Should I just make up some previous position in customer service or will that likely backfire? I never even considered lying on my resume but over the past week I've seen like 5 different threads on /biz/ about lying on your resume and how its apparently a great idea.
>>
File: 139635017538.jpg (49KB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
139635017538.jpg
49KB, 480x342px
>experience with FL Studio
>experience navigating the internet
>>
>>996337
FL studio... Yeah that probably isn't going to apply to any jobs, I included it to show that I don't just sit around watching TV and actually have the will to sit down and teach myself how to use a piece of software

I put the internet thing to distinguish myself from boomers who don't understand basic shit, e. g. "How do I open a new tab?" "What's a google?"
>>
why do you want to get out of an apprenticeship
>>
>>996368
I fucking loved that apprenticeship, but after the first two weeks they decided they needed to cut my pay from 15$/hr to 9$/hr and stop paying for my hotel room. I would've dealt with the pay cut but the loss of the hotel room made it pretty much impossible for me to continue working with them unless I wanted to like sleep on the job site or something.
>>
File: biw.png (54KB, 648x421px) Image search: [Google]
biw.png
54KB, 648x421px
>>996383
if you are willing to come to maine and get your ged you can build arleigh burke & zumwalt destroyers. 20-22$/hr starting. you will also get other union benefits like dental and vision.

you must have the ged though. they will ask for that or a high school diploma in your interview, or at least in mine they did.
>>
>>996389
That would actually be really great. I only apprenticed for two weeks and the company was completely under the table, they paid in cash, officially it doesn't even exist, so I've got nothing as far as the union is concerned. Would they still hire me without a full union apprenticeship? I've looked into it and, at least down here in new mexico, you have to apprentice for 4 years before you're a journeyman. I learned how to use all the tools and lifts except drilling/welding outlets on slick pipe and using the pipe machine.
>>
>>996283
Go google writing resume. It's not a straight job description, it's a description of your duties and accomplishments at the job. Google 'action verbs'
>>
>>996389
>>996432
To be clear, I can cut and groove with the portable roll groovers and pipe cutters, I just didn't learn how to do it with the pipe machine, and I didn't learn to thread.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.